Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Oct 5, 2008 9:58 AM

Dec 2007
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
screens:
Oct 5, 2008 11:20 AM

Dec 2007
Just reused old jokes... Not much to comment on so far. Still decent, but I can't give much judgment until they start producing more new material...
世界は美しくなんかない。 そしてそれ故に、美しい
Oct 5, 2008 11:54 AM

Jul 2008
Finally saw the RAW. Oh wow the ycensor it! The bouncing ball scene was not like that at all! Then again I don't blame them cause these are grade school kids and we all know about Kodomo no Jikan just that this one they are a little older.

*Mod edit*
aeroNov 17, 2008 3:33 PM
Oops! I appear to be incapable of following Rules 16 and 17, so I had to have a mod change my sig for me.
Oct 5, 2008 1:54 PM
Jul 2018
Nothing new if you have seen the OVA.. in this case a bit disappointing :/
The drawing quality wasn't that bad as I feared from pictures like the one on the official homepage, but they're still far from good.
I don't remember the details from the OVA, but the storytelling seemed to be a bit different.. let's give this remake a try and watch some more episodes - if they don't disappoint too much :)
Oct 5, 2008 2:06 PM

Jul 2008
HoaRy said:
Nothing new if you have seen the OVA.. in this case a bit disappointing :/
The drawing quality wasn't that bad as I feared from pictures like the one on the official homepage, but they're still far from good.
I don't remember the details from the OVA, but the storytelling seemed to be a bit different.. let's give this remake a try and watch some more episodes - if they don't disappoint too much :)

Next episode looks like Kodomo no Jikan ecchiness. The locked in the gym part looks iffy also. I do think that stuff is going to be censored.
Oops! I appear to be incapable of following Rules 16 and 17, so I had to have a mod change my sig for me.
Oct 5, 2008 3:32 PM
Feb 2007
Dropped after 1 ep. Same stuff as the OVAs with animation a hundred times worse.
Oct 6, 2008 2:16 AM

Sep 2007
Animation sucks. . .But I must say, I feel horrible about myself.
Oct 6, 2008 3:03 AM
Anime DB Admin
BACK FOR MORE?

Jan 2007
Very disappointing. The animation is too different and half of this episode were re-used jokes. I expected more after those awesome OVAs.

staff.applications  
guidelines.faq 

report.abuse  

thx.skittles  
thx.kina 

[H+] ³  
Oct 6, 2008 3:54 AM

Oct 2007
Animation far worse than the OVA, and censoring is annoying, but I'll stick with it to see what new material they'll come up with.
Oct 6, 2008 6:33 AM

Jul 2008
Tyblazitar said:
Animation far worse than the OVA, and censoring is annoying, but I'll stick with it to see what new material they'll come up with.

I know the censoring is BS ALLLLLLLLLL THE WAY! Maybe there might not be in #2 but it might considering it looks similar to Kodomo no Jikan.
Oct 6, 2008 7:01 AM

May 2007
Looks weak. D:
Oct 6, 2008 7:49 AM

Dec 2007
skygtr said:
Dropped after 1 ep. Same stuff as the OVAs with animation a hundred times worse.
My thoughts exactly. Big disappointment.

Oct 6, 2008 9:32 AM

May 2008
Disappointed as well, both with the drop in animation and the censoring.
Furthermore, the soundtrack has also changed, and they left out the super innocent BGM that made the ecchi-ness feel even more...ecchi I guess.

I will continue to watch for the new jokes... but I am not sure for how long.
Oct 6, 2008 10:33 AM

Feb 2008
Well it was funny sometimes. But the animation isn't really what I prefer. :/
Oct 6, 2008 10:48 AM

Jun 2007
Am I the only one who enjoyed this..? ._.

Been quite a long time since I saw the OVA, so I had to laugh at some of the reused jokes again and come on people:
This has 12 episodes, the ova had 4, there has to come something new soon. ;)
Oct 6, 2008 10:50 AM

Oct 2006
Have to say, I enjoyed this way more than the OVA.
Oct 6, 2008 11:08 AM

Jul 2008
Mathes said:

Been quite a long time since I saw the OVA, so I had to laugh at some of the reused jokes again and come on people:

Yeah sure something new......after episode 4. Cause OVA 4= 4x4=16 segments. But that might not be the case the other scene with the gym in preview remind of Kodomo no Jikan a little.

WARNING! Since this is TV Tokyo and just noticed.........censoring will be in FOR SURE! This is one of those station for kids so I doubt they will the same crap with Kanokon after the news reports.
Oct 6, 2008 11:24 AM
Oct 2007
Aargh! Same old jokes...
Oct 6, 2008 11:28 AM

Aug 2008
weird...i have no clue what mindset with which to understand this...nothing really funny, i just don't think i get it...i'll watch a few more episodes
Oct 6, 2008 11:30 AM

Feb 2008
what is this gonna be an extended version of the OVAs?
Oct 6, 2008 12:19 PM

Aug 2008
What the heck did I just watch?

Interesting, but the animation quality is terrible. If this doesn't get good soon, I'll just watch the OVAs and be done with it.
脱ぎません!_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ .

Oct 6, 2008 12:42 PM

Feb 2008
Rather disappointing. Half of this episode was in the OVA (and was a lot better btw).
Hope the next episodes are better than this =/
Oct 6, 2008 1:15 PM
Jul 2008
The first episode was ok, but nothing special. I haven't seen the OVA, so if that is indeed better, I may just spend my time watching that instead.
Oct 6, 2008 1:28 PM
Apr 2008
Since I watched the OVA, comparing to it, its rather dissapointing. Not to mention animation sucks compared to OVA.

edit: Oh yea, also I like the voice actors there more and the opening is better in OVA as well.
Oct 6, 2008 1:42 PM

Jul 2007
cyruz said:
Very disappointing. The animation is too different and half of this episode were re-used jokes. I expected more after those awesome OVAs.

dito

ill give it a second chance though...
Oct 6, 2008 1:51 PM

Sep 2008
Reused jokes!!!

Reduced Quality!!

Less Ecchiness!! :( :( :(

I hope it improved, but I doubt it. :(
Oct 6, 2008 2:00 PM

Mar 2008
Much worse than I expected it to be, and I expected it to be awful.

My God. The drawing and animation is horrible, the seiyuus are changed for the worse, and the scenarios are watered down, ecchi removed, and retarded. The OVA already covers the entire manga; there is no need for there to be a 12 episode TV show, especially if the content is this asinine. Nobody wants to watch 5th graders play shitty broom-guitar songs for 6 minutes.
Oct 6, 2008 3:34 PM

Jun 2007
I might just rewatch the ova instead watching the TV series... I hope it gets better
Oct 6, 2008 3:51 PM

Apr 2007
Half of it reused
Half of it was decent
That's it
and by the preview we get MOAR reused parts
My guess is that all the episodes will be half new half reused
Annoying
Oct 6, 2008 4:01 PM

Jul 2008
kisami said:
what is this gonna be an extended version of the OVAs?

Basically........yeah! The OVA was to see if it sells. Read it somewhere.
Oct 6, 2008 4:46 PM

Dec 2007
umm, very disappointed with this 1st episode, same thing as the ova, and for me the animation is worse than the ova,this is really disappointed after waiting for it for some time for it :(

Sumeragi Kururu - Pledge Queen of Tool Toul To

Oct 6, 2008 7:09 PM

Nov 2007
Mathes said:

I enjoyed it as well. I don't care about the censoring. I don't need to see 5th grader panties anyway.

Half of the episode WAS new already. I especially enjoyed the last part.
Oct 6, 2008 7:15 PM

Jul 2008
bluethree said:
Mathes said:

I enjoyed it as well. I don't care about the censoring. I don't need to see 5th grader panties anyway.

FINALLY SOMEONE WHO THINK LIKE ME. I second the above WHO NEEDS THE ECCHI CRAP. WE ALL WAIT FOR DVDs anyways! Seriously ecchi is sick with Grade school kids and that's all!
Oct 6, 2008 7:18 PM

Nov 2007
The OVAs already covered all of the material, so this TV series is kinda... pointless. But I loved the OVAs, so I will be following this, I guess. Does look disappointing so far though.
Oct 6, 2008 7:35 PM
Oct 2007
The thing about the ecchiness is...it's supposed to be there. It was in the manga, and it was a core element of the storyline itself. These young kids are right at that awkward age where they are just starting to grow out of their childhood ignorance and notice that they are actually beginning to have feelings and attractions they never had before. That's part of what made the manga and the OVA brilliant. The uncomfortable panty shots parallel the awkwardness of being at that age and thinking things that seem totally foreign, and the characters, much like ourselves, are left feeling confused and guilty. The TV series misses this point entirely.

Then there's the brutally noticeable drop in animation quality. Why? Where's the business sense in that? Also, why go over old material in a worse manner instead of improving upon the original?

The overall feel given off by the TV series has lost almost all of what made the manga and the OVA brilliant. Nezerchin also remarked on the music earlier. I couldn't agree more. This was one of the aspects that the director of the TV series completely failed at. The innocence of youth is the very foundation of the story! How could they fail at something as important as the BGM for setting the proper atmosphere?

I'm severely disappointed at what they've done to a brilliant story.
Oct 6, 2008 9:22 PM

Jan 2008
everything is just.. sigh....

i missed the old cast
Oct 7, 2008 4:55 AM

Jul 2007
Yeah, this was pretty damn disappointing after the OVAs. Animation style and quality is just bleh. Only bit I liked was this face.

Oct 7, 2008 5:41 AM
Sep 2007
In first episode was only 1 lesson that wasnt in OVA. And in preview is 4 next lesson and 3 are from OVA, sure.
Animation is normal that isnt as good as in OVA.
Oct 7, 2008 7:16 AM

Aug 2007
I don't think this is going to get as good as the OVA, ever.

They ruined the characters and the animation quality is just.. bad.
What the hell did they do to my Chikaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

I think I'm dropping this already.
Oct 7, 2008 7:53 AM

Aug 2007
I tought it was very boring =(

The same jokes...Very, very disappointing. But I didn't mind the animation so much =~

Oct 7, 2008 9:54 AM

Jan 2007
i thought the new style was cute.
Oct 7, 2008 12:12 PM

Jul 2008
Zierlyn said:
The thing about the ecchiness is...it's supposed to be there. It was in the manga, and it was a core element of the storyline itself. These young kids are right at that awkward age where they are just starting to grow out of their childhood ignorance and notice that they are actually beginning to have feelings and attractions they never had before. That's part of what made the manga and the OVA brilliant. The uncomfortable panty shots parallel the awkwardness of being at that age and thinking things that seem totally foreign, and the characters, much like ourselves, are left feeling confused and guilty. The TV series misses this point entirely.

I'm glad someone saw that the same way I did. I dunno, I'll keep watching it(and the OVA. Still have like two to go on it.) and see where it goes. I can live with the animation loss, but the voices seem off, as does the music as various others have stated. It's only one episode so far, and I won't be so quick to judge, but despite only seeing half the OVA, the OVA just seems better while the TV version just misses the boat.

"I'd suck you~" Berri||Desu Ne?
Oct 7, 2008 1:11 PM

Jul 2008
meh, ill watch another episode or two just because i dont like to judge off one episode. But definitely isnt as good as i hoped for after watching the OVA.
Oct 7, 2008 2:55 PM

Jun 2008
even though the animation was crappy and half of it was inferior versions of the OVA material, i still liked it and i'll probably stick it out til the end
Oct 7, 2008 3:09 PM

Nov 2007
not really funny...the ova was better :/
Oct 8, 2008 1:49 AM

Jun 2007
cyruz said:

I agree! From the cover image on the MAL page I thought it was gonna be the same art as the OVA but when I started watching, it felt like a different show with the same story and jokes :(. The only thing I'm looking forward to now is
Oct 8, 2008 2:21 AM

Feb 2007
Well, the first episode didn't turn out so great. I tried to enjoy it, but Ryota's voice was annoying and the jokes weren't that funny. The ironic thing is that XEBEC is doing this. A studio that is probably infamous for it's fanservice in Kanokon. Since I'm going to watch so much this season, I'll give this one more episode and see how it turns out. There's always the OVA if I end up dropping it, since I haven't watched it yet.
Oct 8, 2008 3:28 AM

Jul 2007
bluethree said:
Mathes said:

i just found out that the umbrella part of the first ep was old TOO (omg)
it was from the dvd special of the OVA.....
http://myanimelist.net/anime/4078/Kyou_no_Go_no_Ni_DVD_Special

gee
(ill drop this and watch that ova special yay)
Oct 8, 2008 4:32 AM
Anime DB Admin
BACK FOR MORE?

Jan 2007
DeathfireD said:
I agree! From the cover image on the MAL page I thought it was gonna be the same art as the OVA but when I started watching, it felt like a different show with the same story and jokes :(.

Yeah it was a misleading image. I deleted it.

staff.applications  
guidelines.faq 

report.abuse  

thx.skittles  
thx.kina 

[H+] ³  
Oct 8, 2008 6:39 AM

May 2008
Japan: Kids in dirty situations.

It's really weird when they all of a sudden close up on their faces they look like adults.
It's like all of a sudden the camera gets close up and they age instantly.

And oh God that biting situation was going to turn out so dirty.
It was at that point I actually learned.."Wow, this is an ecchi anime".

And I must admit, I didn't see that whole ball situation coming.
Though now looking back on it, it was beyond obvious.

"My ball is bigger than yours". Ball completions. For once people make a undertone comparison of manhood without all the phallus.

Well... I was overall enjoying it and amused. But maybe I'm just having a good overall anime day where everything I'm watching is fun and I'm just in a good mood is why. I dunno though, that Magical Kanan was pretty lame, and this wasn't.

Old avatar and sig retired for now.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kyou no Go no Ni TV Episode 13 Discussion

Fungaaaa - Jan 3, 2009

38 by Ren_Reyden »»
Dec 17, 2023 1:03 PM

» What did you think of Ryouta and Chika as a couple?

AoiroBlueColor - Aug 4, 2021

1 by THEMEDIC911 »»
Aug 6, 2021 6:42 PM

» Where can you watch this?

AoiroBlueColor - May 23, 2021

0 by AoiroBlueColor »»
May 23, 2021 8:09 PM

» Is this anime good?

AoiroBlueColor - May 19, 2021

1 by CrazyButNot4U »»
May 20, 2021 12:07 AM

Poll: » Kyou no Go no Ni TV Episode 12 Discussion

slayer545-sama - Dec 21, 2008

22 by Ashhk »»
May 13, 2021 9:59 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.