Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]
Jul 15, 2012 2:22 PM

Sep 2009
-khriz- said:
Sury said:
-khriz- said:
What's the point of this anime?Everything so far has been pointless, this episode was worse than the first one and Cinque is more like a side character on this season rather than a main character.
Seems like you've gotten a completely wrong idea on the essence of this show.

How so? It's like they forgot what the story was about, everything that has happened so far has been stupid and ridiculous and has nothing to do with what the first season was about.
I'm thinking it might just be a long intro (at least I hope so). I'm expecting something more serious to happen a little later.
Jul 15, 2012 4:21 PM

Jul 2009
-khriz- said:
Sury said:
-khriz- said:
What's the point of this anime?Everything so far has been pointless, this episode was worse than the first one and Cinque is more like a side character on this season rather than a main character.
Seems like you've gotten a completely wrong idea on the essence of this show.

How so? It's like they forgot what the story was about, everything that has happened so far has been stupid and ridiculous and has nothing to do with what the first season was about.
Actually the first season was like Zero no Tsukaima's first season and was resolved completely.... Since season 1 was resolved, the reason Shinku was returning was to have fun with the princess, and it was Shinku's decision to invite Nanami and Becky to go there... so it's happening exactly how I expected...

Not to mention that when we met Becky in season 1, and how he described her, she was guaranteed to be a mage, not a close combat fighter, which has proven to happen now as well...

I do hope that since there are more heroes, some demon swords show up...
Jul 15, 2012 4:38 PM

Jan 2010
I'm REALLY liking the lack of pointless drama in this season so far. The first season was ruined because the show decided it needed a 'plot', but this season has just been nonstop athletic competition fun and fanservice. I hope it keeps this up.
"My tables-meet it is I set it down
That one may smile, and smile, and be a villain."
Jul 15, 2012 5:51 PM
Jan 2011
Hmm, good episode, really fun. Couver is cute as expected and Rebecca's transformation was... well, very erotic.
Jul 15, 2012 9:08 PM

Jul 2011
3rd country, never heard of.
Small nation, Has flying units and one handed rifles
ALL MY WHY
Jul 15, 2012 10:48 PM

Sep 2010
What in God's name was THAT?! I feel violated just watching that.
Jul 16, 2012 12:44 AM

Oct 2007
cough cough cough tentacle ra3p transformation sequence cough cough cough

OH GOD WHY
Jul 16, 2012 7:06 AM
Sep 2010
Squirrel people. On birds. Does that make them flying squirrels?

Also, I kind of took Becca's transformation to be a parody of the normal magical girl transformations. I was certainly laughing my head off all the way through it.

This show is still cuteness personified and I'm still squeeing every few minutes.
Jul 16, 2012 9:16 PM

Nov 2010
AngelicFeces said:
What in God's name was THAT?! I feel violated just watching that.

This, I was so unprepared for something like that in this show.

I was loving the rest of the episode, but that felt so out of place that I was squirming a bit for the transformation, and I normally have nothing against tentacles and almost totally nude transformation scenes.
Jul 17, 2012 12:16 AM

May 2008
LMAO at Rebecca's transformation . Also I loved it when the guy said domo with that smiling face, for some reason it made me LOL so loudly XD

Awesome Sig by Lailide
Jul 17, 2012 3:09 AM

Apr 2012
Lol Just brings out the transformation sequence when they didnt even bother to do one for the other two heros...
Jul 17, 2012 4:07 AM

May 2010
& here some people thought that it was a children anime from sart,ahem...anyways what is wrong with Cinque's name.One episode it is Shinku & in other it is Cinque & now It has become Sink...like water is stored inside him.
Jul 17, 2012 4:21 AM

Jul 2009
ahmed_great2005 said:
& here some people thought that it was a children anime from sart,ahem...anyways what is wrong with Cinque's name.One episode it is Shinku & in other it is Cinque & now It has become Sink...like water is stored inside him.
His name is Shinku.

During Fan-subbing, a group used Cinque which is a European conversion of the name if you ask me... either way, Cinque sounds exactly like how the Japanese say Shinku.

Someone said Sink is what the Official subbers are calling Shinku. Cinque can be pronounced differently based on your knowledge of English. I understand how Sink lacks the h-sound but it apart from that, in English, Sink sounds close to the Japanese Shinku.
Jul 17, 2012 6:40 AM

Mar 2011
I'd rather say that "Sink" sounds pretty close to what is actually pronounced when pronounced by a japanese (?)
Jul 17, 2012 10:00 AM

Jul 2009
hao10 said:
I'd rather say that "Sink" sounds pretty close to what is actually pronounced when pronounced by a japanese (?)
Well for those who know how to phonetically say Cinque, it sounds almost exactly like Shinku(JPN). I took some Japanese courses so I know how differ Shi and Si sounds so when I read Sink and hear Shinku, it feels like they're talking about a whole other character completely, it's bothersome.
Jul 17, 2012 11:25 AM

Mar 2012
Um...okay, well...

I have the same beef as a lot of people have already said...THAT transformation scene. I mean, to me, Dog Days had its semi-harmless ecchi fanservice...but that transformation scene was borderline hentai tentacle rape of a 13-year-old girl.

Yeah, I think I'm going to have a hard time watching this series.
Jul 17, 2012 4:19 PM

Apr 2009
Absolutely loving this season so far, and I just marathoned the first season. Was not expecting the transformation scene but it doesn't make me think less of the show at all. If anything I credit them for doing something crazy different like that. The first couple episodes have been very exciting with the wars, quite fun after a dramatic end to S1. More heros, another country, I love it!
Jul 17, 2012 9:13 PM

Jul 2009
jmal said:
kyled00m said:
For Rozen Maiden, the English used Shinku so I find the change of his name very disturbing....

Hmm? Not to defend "Sink", but the red doll's name is a different name. The DD' protagonist is シンク, in katakana to indicate that his name is either not Japanese or has some non-Japanese influence on it. The Rozen Maiden is 真紅, which is a Japanese word (it's a color, a deep red/crimson like her clothing) so yes that is clearly "Shinku".

It's a pure coincidence that two different names can be romanized the same way.
The reason Shinku is in katakana is because the dolls did not originate in Japan... If something uses the same romanization, they sound the exact same. It doesn't matter is one uses kanji, katakana or hiragana. The fact that they use the same romanization is the key to how they sound and become written. Katakana is used to express foreign-objects so you might argue that her name was in katakana because she was a doll, not a human.

Anyways, しんく and シンク are only different in how they are written and what they could mean. They are phonetically identical. Of course the intonations when being spoken can affect their meaning but it can affect the meaning of both of them so it's just circular logic once again.

Edit:
The fact that they're both shinku may be a coincidence but they're still both shinku so it's also fate...
Jul 19, 2012 6:48 AM

Jul 2010
This was a great episode! I wondered how they would get Becky involved in the fun and having her be a mage/magic girl is perfect! The loli-chipmunk/flying squirrel or whatever she is is darn cute and I didn't mind the transformation scene. (It was one of the most overtly erotic magical girl transformations I have seen, though.)

Fun, fun, fun!
Jul 20, 2012 1:39 PM

Mar 2008
Wonderful episode again, this second season is so EPIC! :D
Damn that squirrel loli girl, so cute <3 Becky's transformation was great too, sexy too, aren't we watching a shonen anime? ;)
Jul 21, 2012 7:35 AM

Aug 2010
jmal said:
Toucanbird said:

For what it's worth, I'd be rather surprised if we see it again. It very much looks like a one-off experimental scene contracted out to a different animator for, uh... impact... and reviews have been, to say the least, mixed.

I think we should be safe from more of that. At least I'm not going to get worked up about it prematurely.

I hope we never see it again. It felt COMPLETELY out of place, aside from that dog days is still dog days and i like it.
Jul 21, 2012 7:52 AM

Jul 2009
Hakurouken said:
jmal said:
Toucanbird said:

For what it's worth, I'd be rather surprised if we see it again. It very much looks like a one-off experimental scene contracted out to a different animator for, uh... impact... and reviews have been, to say the least, mixed.

I think we should be safe from more of that. At least I'm not going to get worked up about it prematurely.

I hope we never see it again. It felt COMPLETELY out of place, aside from that dog days is still dog days and i like it.
Well if you think about it, Becky is the only female hero... Nanami is like 100% tomboy and the series, being focused towards boys, will definitely not have male transformations.

I do find her transforming extremely strange though... The other 4 sacred swords didn't have armors included in their powers as far as we know so it's hard to tell whether it's something that will come up again.
Jul 22, 2012 8:06 AM

Aug 2010
They really upped the fanservice this season didn't they? Not that I mind much, but that transformation scene reminded me of some hentai tentacle scene while on an acid trip.

Brioche d’Arquien rides her steed like a boss.

4/5, I like where this is going.
Aug 4, 2012 8:05 PM

Apr 2009
Hmm, didn't expect Nana Mizuki to also be the one to voice Nanami. As expected of a prodigy, Nanami quickly learned some new Hero skills, which took Shinku a bit more time to learn when he was new. She adapted right away and fought to a draw against Shinku on her very first day as a Hero.

And so, the third faction and its Hero has risen. Interesting to see Pastillage make use of superior technology to compensate for their smaller war economy. Were they to compete the traditional way, they'd be crushed by Biscotti and Galette. I also expect their new Hero to fight unconventionally, since she can't compete with Shinku and Nanami on pure athletic terms.

I'm not so sure about Rebecca's transformation scene, though. I found it a bit too long and too fanservice-y. So it seems the ecchi has also leveled up along with our original Hero.
Aug 22, 2012 7:08 PM

Jun 2009
Pretty much what everyone else has said. It was a great episode but the Becky's transformation was borderline hentai and waaaay over the top. It was like 3 different animation style sequences to her transformation and none of them had anything to do with the other. I didn't like it at all. I like the light hearted fan-service season one provided but that Becky scene was almost exploiting a character on a sexual level....no thanks....
Aug 23, 2012 4:47 AM

Aug 2008
dat transformation scene left me speechless O_O
Sep 3, 2012 6:02 AM

Jul 2012
This anime was basically an anime i would watch as a time waster when i had nothing to do/no good anime to watch. But so far the second season doesn't even do a good job at that...
Sep 21, 2012 11:18 PM

Nov 2011
Nice transformation there, shits' about to go down next episode.

Oh wait, shit's been going down every episode so far.
Sep 30, 2012 11:00 PM

Sep 2011
Holy crap what kind of transformation did I just witness!?
Oct 17, 2012 12:53 PM

Jan 2012
boner achieved.... wow

just wow
Dec 5, 2012 12:57 PM

Jun 2012
Becky's transformation reminded me of all the tentacle hentai i've watched.
Dec 17, 2012 12:20 PM

Nov 2011
That transformation was hilarious. Becky just took the easy route into becoming a hero! I'm so jelly! D=

"I like to expose what people hide. I'm an intellectual rapist." - Furudo Erika
May 3, 2013 7:36 PM

Mar 2013
I wasn't ready for all this fanservice.
May 30, 2013 11:58 PM

Feb 2008
I really hated that transformation sequence. It was so poorly choreographed and animated. I hope we never see it again.
Jun 23, 2013 1:58 AM

Feb 2011
What the hell was with the ero transformation ? -_-
Sep 14, 2014 2:05 AM

Jun 2014
Surprise animation change again, this time HOLY SHIT UNEXPECTED FANSERVICE. That was almost too uncomfortable too watch...
I'm having mixed feelings about Sinku's (i am NEVER spelling it Cinque) friends though. it feels too...bloated with side characters now.
Be sure to message me if you quoted me and want me to respond! Just give me a link to the forum, because usually I leave my comment, then leave the forum.
Dec 16, 2014 1:44 PM
Feb 2012
Well that was a sexy/weird transformation! XD
Jan 26, 2015 10:13 AM

Aug 2014
Rebecca transformation is full of ecchi!... ^.^
Maloween 2017
Main Candies
Mar 27, 2017 9:59 PM

Jan 2015
the transformation was really wonky and weird
Oct 10, 2017 11:13 AM

Apr 2013
That transformation though... was kinda weird xD
Also Nanami had it a bit easy to learn how to use magic already... but this show doesn't take itself serious anyway so I guess it's okay :3
Jan 29, 2018 9:41 AM

Sep 2012
i almost never mind fan-service cause it adds to comedy

ArcanaTrace said:
LOLOLOL at Becky's transformation. Normally i dont complain about transformation even with some being a little too ero but Becky's was just a little over the senseless transformation category

it all comes from users imagination so i guess she has watched 2much Mahou Shoujo lol
Sugram22Jan 29, 2018 9:47 AM
Jun 28, 2019 9:21 PM

Dec 2009
After watching show this for like what the third time now, i felt like commenting on the transformation scene again haha. I must say while it was unexpected the first time, it is interesting to see such a random experimental sakuga-splosion out of nowhere. Some of it was strange, the lewd bits were nice (the show had always been somewhat ecchi, just not quite so forwardly so). It's not every day we get to see such sexualized eyecandy in pure sakugasm.

The way they wove it into the scene and especially the way it transitioned into the scene after was fantastic, and overall it was quite the spectacle. Some animator was having way too much fun with that one haha.

Edit: artist is Kou Yoshinari
https://www.sakugabooru.com/post?tags=kou_yoshinari
That explains why that scene in Nanoha Detonation looked so familiar. It's sexual, it's gorgeous, it's crazy abstract... no complaints from me.
(although he did also do that infamous clown rape scene from sao alicization)... Only thing i'd say is that he can have difficulties matching art style.
Has done a bunch of other scenes from stuff i've seen before too.

ps: personal note, i see no reason anyone should feel sexual content and nonsexual content have to be so harshly segregated.
GenesisAriaJun 28, 2019 10:13 PM
❀桜舞う空〜                   Cute is Power.           🔗CosmoGenesis Project
“You cannot know what you do not know.”
“Absence of evidence is not evidence of absence.”
“A truth seeker has no patience for BS.”

I seek only to improve myself and others.
Jul 6, 2019 3:59 PM

Nov 2016
Rebeccas transformation looked a bit odd, especially one shot xD But here we go, Hero Becky.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Jun 6, 2023 12:10 AM
Jul 2021
And of course this Nanami chick is 1000& better at being a hero than Cinque/Shinku/Sink! Of course she is! 

Only two episodes in and I can already say that this show will age like a top grade Milk left out of the fridge!

P.S That Rebecca chick transformation cringe AF!! The "CGI" aged horrible!! To say the least and just WTF?!
DawizzJun 6, 2023 12:24 AM
Me every time I hear the word "reparations": 🤣🤣🤣
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Dog Days' Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Yumekichi11 - Sep 29, 2012

100 by KempachiZaraki »»
Jul 26, 2023 4:14 PM

Poll: » Dog Days' Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Yumekichi11 - Jul 21, 2012

50 by Dawizz »»
Jun 8, 2023 5:47 PM

Poll: » Dog Days' Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Yumekichi11 - Jul 7, 2012

98 by Dawizz »»
Jun 5, 2023 11:49 PM

Poll: » Dog Days' Episode 11 Discussion

Yumekichi11 - Sep 15, 2012

40 by GlennMagusHarvey »»
May 18, 2023 12:05 AM

Poll: » Dog Days' Episode 9 Discussion

prismheart - Sep 1, 2012

38 by GlennMagusHarvey »»
May 17, 2023 10:30 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.