Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]
Jul 13, 2012 7:04 AM

Aug 2007
Chase the cat! the cat escape. that prt was fun.
Jul 13, 2012 7:21 AM

Jan 2012
This is starting to feel like fruits basket with tarot cards instead of the zodiac...I was kind of hoping for more
I have to believe that when things are bad I can change them
Jul 13, 2012 9:53 AM

Oct 2010
Felicita x Liberta. Yay. And Nova's singing.

Other than that... meh. Oh well. It's a shoujo harem. Can't expect more guns. D8
[insert awesome signature here]
Jul 13, 2012 11:42 AM

Apr 2011
morshuwarrior said:
Wow, that was a lame episode...

If next week's episode isn't any better, I will drop this show.
Jul 14, 2012 12:51 AM

May 2011
This episode was pretty boring besides a few moments here and there. Felicità was very cute this ep caring for the cat and wearing that dress. And lol at Luca being stuck on that branch.
Jul 14, 2012 3:42 AM
Feb 2012
Nova singing was hysterical. As were Luca's scenes throughout the episode.
The release of atomic energy has not created a new problem. It has merely made more urgent the necessity of solving an existing one. - Albert Einstein
Jul 14, 2012 1:48 PM
Observer

Nov 2007
zzzZZzzzZ

But yeah. Plot vanished into thin air. This is NOT how you do a setup/initialization episode.
bla bla bla
The endless debate between fans and haters. At one point, after spending a lot of time on MAL, you just realize it's totally pointless.
Niko-kun said:
On MAL, everyone who has used the lame rating system becomes a critic and an intellectual by default, haven't you heard?
Jul 14, 2012 10:40 PM

Oct 2011
Loved the first ep, had great potential.

Second ep... a cat hunt?

I really think I would've preferred Debito saying "Bambina" in his cool voice on a loop for 20 min.

If I'm not shown an arcana battle royal in episode 3, I might drop this.
Jul 15, 2012 6:03 AM

Apr 2011
Debito. Just... Debito. His voice actor is doing a really good job of Italianizing Japanese XDDDD
Jul 15, 2012 6:20 AM
Mar 2010
lemongrassmango said:
Debito. Just... Debito. His voice actor is doing a really good job of Italianizing Japanese XDDDD

debito is one sexy man. wish we had more of him and less of liberta.
Check out the News Club for daily rankings, discussion on future CD and BD releases, manga and novels. New members are welcome!
Jul 16, 2012 7:42 AM
Dec 2011
Awful episode, imho.

If this series has to be action centered, then wasting one episode out of twelve for a cat chase it's a fail in itself.

If this series has to be character/relationship centered, then you'd expect, you know, characters. And relationships. Instead we got extremely boring, shallow characterization and dialogue. Sloppy writing all the way. There are no strong character differences, no one seems to have a real personality; they're just shallow stereotypes with cute faces.

I will try and watch episode 3... but that's where I draw the line. Probably going to drop this.
Jul 17, 2012 8:12 AM

Jan 2011
This was decent, but disappointing.
I want more action or more plot development like there was in the first episode, not this lame crap.

EDIT 22-09-2012: I have no intention of watching this anymore, it's just boring even when I'm skipping trough episodes. Dropped, 6/10.
loliowoSep 22, 2012 12:05 PM
I almost never read discussions after I made my post, if you want to reply PM me or post on my profile page.
Jul 18, 2012 6:18 PM

Oct 2010
U.U i was waiting for something different
Jul 19, 2012 11:31 PM

Jul 2012
This episode didn't bore me, but I am pretty upset that they wasted the second episode on something pointless like this instead of focusing a bit more on the plot I don't have shounen expectations for the story like some people do, but if theres going to be a story behind a dating sim it needs to develop along with the characters and so on. There's only 10 episodes left now. Great.
Jul 22, 2012 5:11 AM

Feb 2010
Yeah...when I watched this episode I literally was expecting something great to happen.
Like, maybe character development? Where does that come in?
Chasing a cute little kitty's nice and all but it didn't help the plot progress at all and literally felt like an episode that came out of those "cutesy magical girl" animes. Blehh how I remembering choking myself after watching those...

I'm not even kidding or over exaggerating, and so I don't know if I should even continue to watch this anime, because so far, it's dragging and has the possibly of crashing and burning even before the end comes.

The plot for me is interesting enough for me to stay here, and some of the characters although I have seen variations of them all before...specifically Liberta (he's a common underdog character "trend" in the anime indsutry).

I guess it sends out an okay message though, so I don't see why they should stop this trend...also it doesn't bother me that he's going to end up being probably the strongest out of all the other characters. Afterall...it's telling everyone not to base everything off first impressions! Guys who are weak aren't weak just because...and guys who are hostile and ignore you aren't mean just because...yeah.

Well, we freaking want to see Liberta and Nova's reason for acting and being the way they are, or even a glimpse of what their true powers that are hidden inside. When is that going to happen? Is it ever going to happen? haha
EarlCielJul 22, 2012 5:14 AM
Jul 26, 2012 10:41 PM

Jul 2012
*looks at poll results* Whoa, this anime kind of gets hate and love at the same time. :/

I was debating on whether to keep watching or not. Well, I am. I'll continue and go watch ep 3 and 4 tomorrow. Maybe it'll impress me. I don't know.
Not loving the series yet!

I love half of the characters while the others are just okay.

As others said, it feels kinda like a filler!

GOTTA SAY - I LOVE THE OPENING ANIMATION + MUSIC. <3 I never skip it. lol
Aug 12, 2012 6:30 AM
Dec 2011
A disappointment after the previous episode, which had my hopes up for this anime. The second ep turns out a boring filler about a cat search... nothing original. There was a couple of good bits though. I enjoyed the Felicita x Liberta scenes - they look cute together. Feli using her power and Nova reacting to it is great too.

A drop in quality, but at least Nova showed off some mad singing skills at the end... or not.

5/10
Aug 16, 2012 6:59 AM
Mar 2012
The only thing that was the slightest of my interest was nova's singing lol.
I like the episode though.
Another thing why does Nova look so much like ciel phantomhive?

Oct 31, 2012 5:34 PM

Jun 2008
WHAT THE HELL. This cannot be for real. Everything felt so forced. Everyone seemed so OOC. This goes for the heroine most of all. Her voice doesn't fit a tiny bit. Dante and Jolly look much different from the game, too. Jolly looks HALF his age. *facepalm* I'm not sure if the series focuses more on Libertà, but I believe when she wore that dress Nova's face was red, too. The start of this episode felt so stiff with the introductions. Same goes for Jolly later on... What's with this stupid attempt to show his ability? And this whole thing about the cat, too... It didn't even take 10 minutes to finish in the game. The animation quality was horrible as well.
If this series isn't any better in the following episodes which I fear it isn't, this whole anime is an embarassment for all of the originally involved people.
Dec 30, 2012 2:28 AM

Jan 2012
from potential 1st Ep straight to a filler...

what is this i don't even....
Apr 4, 2013 11:07 AM

Jul 2010
Meh, it was a cute filler, "bonding" kinda episode.. Still, Nova singing at the end was pretty great too, haha. And poor Luca.. Left in that tree.
Jul 10, 2013 4:23 AM

Jul 2008
i dunno bout the rest of yall but Felicità remind me of Morgiana especially when she did the pout face
After I Crush Your Dreams......
Your Bones Will Follow......
Oct 6, 2013 5:24 AM

Dec 2010
Yeah, a really great episode - the three leads got closer to each other and I even got to kinda like Nova(who was kinda annoying to me) eventually as well as Bambina(who doesn't do too well as a lead female).
Feb 26, 2014 7:08 AM

Jan 2009
1. intensity dropped. no story progression. boring ep.

2. actually read all 7 pages in this forum to confirm this ep rating.

1/10
俺の命を百合に。
Currently translating Sono Hanabira ni Kuchizuke o - Atelier no Koibito-tachi -- when bored.
Above visual novel is 22.22% translated with progress uploaded to youtube; if you're into yuri VNs, check out my channel.
May 16, 2014 10:42 PM

Jan 2010
I have a feeling that the game had a lot more explanations to it. This show seems either chopped up or rushed with regards to how the world works. Seems as if the character interactions had more importance than the actual system of the tarot cards though, which makes me wonder why the backdrop of the fight was even necessary. Or perhaps it's the reverse, where the cat business had too much emphasis? Without taking into account the game, I'm still trying to figure out what this show is trying to be.
Sep 20, 2017 7:46 PM

May 2013
I freaking L-O-V-E Debito's voice *O*
Never heard it before in any anime. Sounds so SEXYYYYYYY.
And he's a total flirt, aaahhhhh~ >////< so bad for my heart

I love how both Libertá and Nova blushed when Fel changed into the dress as her present X) so cute~
Libertá is cuter than Nova, but Nova is way cooler lol. But I'm Team Libertá since his blushes are TOOOOOO ADORBSSSSSSSSS <3333333333

Poor Luca, lol. Someone save him from the tree, ahhaha ;P
Jan 10, 2:05 AM
Mob Character C

Oct 2009
Wait wtf? Where'd the plot go? We got re-introductions and some cat shit. Like what the hell? This is like the epitome of early 2010's era female pandering anime where they started to see anime like Hetalia selling by doing SEEMINGLY darn near nothing, so they started getting a bunch of low quality anime out there that had a bunch of pretty guys but not much substance. What they failed to realize about Hetalia is that due to the nature of using subjects that already existed and that already have rich, century long histories, the story writes itself. Heck, as new things happen every day within each nation, a new story unfolds every day. As much as people took offense to it, the creator was a genius. However, when it comes to others... we don't know these characters that well yet for a cat chasing scene to really even be all that relevant. Honestly, unless these were characters we grew up with or something then it's really hard to care about that.

The pay off really wasn't good either. We went through a lot of characters, utilizing a bit of their intel and such... all for a cat. It's a bit of a wasted opportunity. Could have easily made this a more serious episode showing how deep the family is ingrained into the fabric of the island-- like they have all this info that it would have been cool to perhaps track someone down for a different, more sinister/important reason. We went with a cat, which just kinda sealed the deal on a less-serious tone. There's nothing wrong with a less serious tone, but from the first episode, they weren't very clear with that. Sure, there was the whole clothes being chopped off thing, but everything else seemed pretty serious. Now if they move forward with more serious episodes, they might even seem out of place.

I'll have to see how the next few episodes roll.

Enjoy your anime! | Witch Cafe Wisteria
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Arcana Famiglia Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jul 29, 2012

59 by Swiggy »»
Feb 20, 11:09 PM

Poll: » Arcana Famiglia Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jul 15, 2012

98 by Swiggy »»
Feb 20, 5:16 AM

Poll: » Arcana Famiglia Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Sep 16, 2012

190 by yveltalkyogre »»
Dec 31, 2022 2:37 PM

Poll: » Arcana Famiglia Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 )

tsubasalover - Sep 2, 2012

56 by jackielouise »»
Jul 29, 2021 4:35 PM

Poll: » Arcana Famiglia Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 )

tsubasalover - Sep 9, 2012

61 by Vindicater »»
Jul 12, 2021 7:58 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.