Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Sankarea
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (7) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »
Jun 29, 2012 9:14 PM

Apr 2009
Would like to see more, this could benefit from a second season. Don't really expect it though. Was a good show overall though didn't care for the filler episodes in the middle of the action.
Jun 29, 2012 10:45 PM

Sep 2007
So in the end, not even one solution other than "just make her eat hydrangea leaves" from the beginning of the series. Just another typical romance covered up with a half ass'd zombie gimmick to make it "different." And Ranko will still be the superior girl. Rea is just a complete pushover compared to her. 7/10
Jun 29, 2012 11:02 PM

May 2012
Wasabi said:
So in the end, not even one solution other than "just make her eat hydrangea leaves" from the beginning of the series. Just another typical romance covered up with a half ass'd zombie gimmick to make it "different." And Ranko will still be the superior girl. Rea is just a complete pushover compared to her. 7/10

Not even the manga has tackled any other way to preserve / save her so I wouldn't expect the anime to suggest anything either. I mean it is a romance but I don't know if it's covered up with a "zombie gimmick" as you put it.

The interesting aspect of Sankarea is how Furuya will overcome the issue of Rea either decomposing or turning into a full on zombie. The manga does a good job of making its readers depressed over the whole situation. The anime has yet to get to that point because they only adapted so much. I would expect to see more stuff happening in season 2. With that said, the anime was very faithful to the manga and I thought was pretty good overall.
Jun 29, 2012 11:25 PM

Sep 2010
ASRDFSADHSAHJDGK THERE'S SO MUCH MORE.
Jun 30, 2012 12:36 AM

Dec 2011
Very nice anime, and a good ending... just good 8/10
Jun 30, 2012 2:01 AM

Dec 2011
dchoy said:
Keep in mind that both Kore we Zombie desu ka and Sankarea are done by Studio Deen.

They should have ended the season like they did with the last 2 Kore Wa seasons, and just showed Daaarin!! xD
Jun 30, 2012 3:34 AM

Jun 2012
Hmmm, certainly didn't feel like much of an ending. It better continue. >.<

I give it a 7 or maybe an 8. I'm just dying to know how this is going to end. But I don't want to read the manga.I want to see the anime of it. =P
Never go full retard
Jun 30, 2012 4:17 AM
May 2010
For people who haven't read the manga, they chose a fairly odd place to end at but I sort of understand why they did. The reason it may have felt like a weird way to end was because it was the beginning of the next arc. This was the arc when the series started I thought they might end on, but it seems instead they only adapted the beginning of it. I hope it goes into a second season since the next arc was my favorite in the manga so far and I think many would of liked the ending more if it ended at the end of the arc rather than the beginning.

Still, was a fantastic adaption that ibn many ways I thought was better than the manga, but worked very closely with the source material as well. Here's hoping they do a season 2.
Jun 30, 2012 5:22 AM

Mar 2012
the end of episode 12 was a bit depressing cause chihiro got bit by rea and did rea die at the end or does it mean there will be a second season?
Jun 30, 2012 6:22 AM

Mar 2008
Am i the only1 who noticed her heart pounding one beat before she hugged him? :S
I really hope for the 2nd season soon,its great anime.
Jun 30, 2012 9:11 AM

Oct 2010
that was a strange way to end, not sure yet if i want to read the manga, i don't know if i enjoyed the anime enough
Jun 30, 2012 9:51 AM

Mar 2009
6/10
Jun 30, 2012 10:22 AM

May 2012
Deadhouse said:
Am i the only1 who noticed her heart pounding one beat before she hugged him? :S
I really hope for the 2nd season soon,its great anime.

That is an interesting thing to note. I have had my suspicions that maybe Rea is still alive in somehow or someway. I mean how would they have a happy ending if she remains a zombie forever? There is no real way to stop a human body from decomposing, right? Either she's still alive or Furuya will find some way to truly resurrect her.

So either that "beating heart" was actually her heart beating or just an effect the anime creators use to signal the transition into the zombie hunger phase (the zombie hunger phase is described in the manga).
Jun 30, 2012 11:03 AM

Feb 2012
I would give it 7, but becouse of gramps i will give 8/10 ;D. Show was not very good and not very bad, nothing special.But I wouldn't mind second season.... Well OVA's is cooming.
Jun 30, 2012 12:31 PM

Jul 2009
Well it was not bad. The story was mediocre, but the directing was excellent. So, I guess overall it was "good".

7/10
Jun 30, 2012 12:53 PM

Jul 2011
pretty average, not good nor bad. The beginning of the series was great but then to slide downhill from there.

5/10
Jun 30, 2012 2:48 PM

Feb 2012
8/10

It was a great all-around anime.

People seem to forget this is based on a manga that's still on-going and from what's been shown so far, they are following it pretty well. It's no surprise they ended it this way.

Hope for a season 2!
Jun 30, 2012 3:03 PM

Jul 2011
good anime, imo they handled the flow of the story better than the manga but it had a bit of a rushed ending but the ending was still surprising and well presented 8.5/10 for me :)
Jun 30, 2012 3:48 PM

Aug 2011
What? So that's the ending? Well of course there's another episode if it shows the name of it at the end.

Anyways, it was a bad ending. I was hoping Rea would shutdown and faint in Furuya's arms, leaving the audience to wonder if her time was really over. It was pretty slow overall and the characters weren't all that interesting. Loved the ED and I thought Deen did a great job with the visuals.

7/10. Memorable for how explicit it explores taboo subjects. Rea's fall into becoming a zombie was especially a highlight. I'll be waiting for the second OVA.
Jun 30, 2012 4:36 PM

Feb 2012
Would you guys consider this as a cliffhanger? Just wondering~
Jun 30, 2012 4:37 PM
めんどくさい

Sep 2011
HauntingShock said:
No
Jun 30, 2012 6:32 PM

Mar 2012
HauntingShock said:

No, I would consider it a shitty, cop-out ending.

Lately said:
pretty average, not good nor bad. The beginning of the series was great but then to slide downhill from there.

5/10

This. I was ready to give this thing an 8 or 9 around the half-way point, but the later episodes, especially the last two, have been terrible.
LoneWolf said:
@Josh makes me sad to call myself Canadian.
Jun 30, 2012 7:10 PM

Jun 2010
Since I know that manga is still ongoing, it wasn't a great ending. I will though go read the manga because i def. fell in love with the characters and the series. 8/10. Looking forward to a good season 2 if there is one
Jun 30, 2012 9:42 PM

Jan 2011
Good thing episode 13 is apparently bundled with the BDs because that was not a nice ending to leave fans with. That was a TEASE!

I would prefer a S2 over a single episode. Who knows maybe there will be?

Despite the ending, I really liked the show. 8/10. Remembering that this is adapted from an unfinished story, it was good.
Jun 30, 2012 10:06 PM

Nov 2011
Kinda disappointed with that ending :/ has left me wondering
8/10 overall
Jun 30, 2012 10:17 PM
Feb 2012
only first few episode are nice , the anime went downhill after episode 5 when rea turned into zombie ...
Jun 30, 2012 10:40 PM

May 2012
I think what people don't realize is that this anime is based off a manga that is still ongoing. Many people were expecting the series to go this way or another way but either way it doesn't make sense to view Sankarea in that sense. Studio Deen is adapting the manga slowly which makes sense because they are building the characters and the situation. Does the ending have more to be desired? Of course. Still, there is another OVA / OAD coming out in September that might bring a better conclusion. I mean look at other anime that has manga or stories that are incomplete; Kore wa Zombie desu ka, the World God Only Knows, etc. Those anime had endings that had more to be desired because the story isn't done.

Despite all of that, I do think that Sankarea needs a second season to fully tell a coherent story. For someone like me who has read all of the manga chapters that are available, nothing surprises me with the anime and I believe everything makes sense because I have a greater understanding of the story so far. For those that haven't read the manga you may feel like there is a bunch of filler. There was only one filler episode (Mero) and despite that, it still focused on themes from the manga. The anime is going in order and is being faithfully adapted. I couldn't really ask for anything more.

I'm not using this as an excuse as to why some people dislike the anime. I mean I see plenty of people that enjoyed Sankarea and those that flat out didn't like it as well. What I am saying is that the story isn't finished. It also wouldn't make sense if they decided to do an anime original ending. If they did that how would that answer any questions of preserving Rea or saving her? How would that conclude the love story between Furuya and Rea? The questions we want answered could not be summed up in one episode. Instead they decided to end episode 12 with an interesting line, "in that moment...I felt like I shared happiness and sadness with Rea." The line is open ended in that there is obviously a relationship developing between Furuya and Rea but they have yet to overcome the obstacles that stand before them; they feel both happy and sad.
Jul 1, 2012 1:56 AM

Apr 2009
He can take Rea so give me Ranko lol. Am i the only one who watched the anime for Ranko ?

I was reading the manga. I think they made a good adaptation.
7/10
Jul 1, 2012 6:15 AM
Dec 2010
what an ending no trill
Jul 1, 2012 6:21 AM

May 2009
Post-Josh said:
HauntingShock said:

No, I would consider it a shitty, cop-out ending.

I call the vast majority of anime-original endings shitty and cop-outs. Too often, they end a show with no possible hope for a second season by giving us an original ending that often makes very little sense.

Since they didn't do so with Sankarea, I think the studio is keeping options open for a second season, which I think is a good thing, since the manga is still ongoing and the anime could easily catch up, considering the low amount of chapters out right now. Plus, they leave enough questions unanswered to make us want more, so if they never make more, I'll be very sad.

Lately said:

5/10

This. I was ready to give this thing an 8 or 9 around the half-way point, but the later episodes, especially the last two, have been terrible.

I disagree. The only element that prevents me from giving this a show a perfect score is Wanko, who I found to be very annoying most of the time, and only likable in two episodes (including this one). Aside from that, they didn't deviate too much from the manga and kept the crucial parts intact (even with minor changes, such as Rea licking Chihiro instead of biting him). The show looked very appealing, the animation looked quite good as well (unlike what we're usually used of seeing regarding Studio DEEN) and I think the music was fine too (though I usually don't pay much attention to BGM, unless it really stands out).

Final score: 9/10
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 1, 2012 10:11 AM

May 2012
The ending was okay I guess :p I'll give it a rating of 8/10.

Really hope that there will be a Season 2! :D
Jul 1, 2012 3:11 PM

Aug 2010
Well it started out pretty promising to me but half way through it just started to fall down and the end really didn't felt like and end -__-
Jul 1, 2012 5:07 PM

Mar 2010
Not sure if I like the ending, but the show was pretty good overall. Maybe not all that great at times, but fairly enjoyable nonetheless.

7/10
Jul 1, 2012 5:28 PM

Apr 2012
Never liked Wanko, she's always so annoying with her clinginess. >_< But in this episode she was actually fairly okay. Even though to end it all like this in the first season is kinda.. meh.
But I know the Manga and therefore think it was a quite good adaption so far.
Still there's a lot to go and I think the way the end was done the chance of a second season is actually relatively high.

I agree quite much with AO968 but still there could have been something more so I rather rate it 8/10.
Jul 1, 2012 7:16 PM

Jun 2012
Rated a 3/5
It pretty much had nothing to do with the plot, it was just like a random episode. Also, the ending was kind of abrupt and meaningless.

This series wasn't all too great, althought it was a new way of seeing zombies (kind of boring way). It seems like it needed a conflict so it brought in trying to preserve her, and the father. However, it was still not too exciting, and the series seemed like it had a lot of wasted time. Still, it was decent, so I will decide between a 6 and a 7 out of 10 for the series. If they don't have a season 2, it will be pretty bad, seeing as the series is short and the ending was unsatisfying.

Jul 1, 2012 8:05 PM

Feb 2012
Well as everyone says, the ending is pretty weird, but IMO it's a cliffhanger ending making us wonder and want about a season 2.

I think it's very likely to happen when the manga is far enough ahead.
Jul 1, 2012 9:42 PM

Nov 2011
Man o man she finally became an actual zombie and got hungry! Hopefully a season 2 comes :D really enjoyed this one.
Jul 1, 2012 11:09 PM

Feb 2010
Post-Josh said:

Lately said:

5/10

My thoughts pretty much. 6/10 for me.
Jul 1, 2012 11:20 PM

Aug 2010
What.

A meh finale for a show that turned out to be quite mediocre. Nothing particularly bad, but nothing particularly good. It had it's moments, but that's all. 6/10 for the show and a 3/5 for the ending.
Jul 2, 2012 1:58 AM

Jun 2007
The episode was fine till the last few minutes.. It's just, way too incomplete to call an end to this season..

7/10.. Would have been 8 if there's no fanservice during halfway of the series and the out-of-no-where Mero episode..
Jul 2, 2012 2:03 AM

Jul 2009
I smell a 2nd season.
And i will totally watch and enjoy it.
9/10 overall.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 2, 2012 5:35 AM

Jan 2012
it was ok
Actually glad that nepal is facing disaster
Jul 2, 2012 1:24 PM

Feb 2009
wtf did not like the endig, they better come up with a second season now.
Jul 2, 2012 1:33 PM

Apr 2009
Uh-oh it's starting to affect her. Hold her Furuya-kun while I get my 12-gauge shotgun and have a clean head shot! LOL

Meh, zombies is not really my thing, except when it comes to putting lead into their heads in a video game and I didn't much care for her zombie girlfriend, no matter how cute or beautiful she was... so 6/10. I guess it's still Highschool of the Dead for me. XP
You see there's no need to wonder where your god is,
Coz he's right here! ...and he's fresh out of mercy.
Jul 2, 2012 2:39 PM

Aug 2008
The ending....wtf. Does this mean Rea is wanting blood now?

I think I'm going to start reading the manga.

7/10
Jul 2, 2012 5:19 PM

Mar 2011
That ending.

5/10
Jul 2, 2012 6:42 PM

Jun 2012
I thought that she was just almost about to die, and just fainted on him and kissed him or something. Or did she actually attack him?

Jul 2, 2012 6:53 PM

Jan 2012
tofei said:
Uh-oh it's starting to affect her. Hold her Furuya-kun while I get my 12-gauge shotgun and have a clean head shot! LOL

Meh, zombies is not really my thing, except when it comes to putting lead into their heads in a video game and I didn't much care for her zombie girlfriend, no matter how cute or beautiful she was... so 6/10. I guess it's still Highschool of the Dead for me. XP

hotd ? pftt enjoy your boner with the 80%fanservice 20%storyline
Actually glad that nepal is facing disaster
Jul 2, 2012 8:08 PM

Jul 2011
That last episode was too gloomy for the last episode of this series I think, it didn't really fit the mood of the series as a whole (not to mention it being pretty boring).

Man I was really liking this series at the start (marathoned the first 6 episodes to catch up), but then the show just kept on getting more and more boring. In other words it didn't hold up, which really disappoints me. To me it seems like the author had an interesting premise, Rea's back story, the whole zombie thing, etc., but then he/she didn't know where to take their ideas from there. well, at least that's the impression the anime gave, I haven't read the manga.

Thought this would've ended up in the 7-8/10 range, but due to it's lackluster finish it's going to be a 5/10. Close to a 6/10 due to the great start, but not quite there.
Jul 3, 2012 12:24 AM

Mar 2011
I want Season 2. hehee
Pages (7) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Sankarea Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Yumekichi11 - Apr 19, 2012

268 by 5hadow17 »»
Mar 16, 12:09 PM

Poll: » Sankarea Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jun 21, 2012

149 by Archean-Return »»
Oct 11, 2023 8:16 PM

Poll: » Sankarea Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

tsubasalover - Jun 7, 2012

160 by Archean-Return »»
Oct 11, 2023 7:33 PM

Poll: » Sankarea Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Yumekichi11 - May 31, 2012

134 by Archean-Return »»
Oct 11, 2023 7:00 PM

Poll: » Sankarea Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

tsubasalover - May 24, 2012

141 by Archean-Return »»
Oct 11, 2023 6:16 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.