Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (14) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »
Jun 16, 2012 12:41 PM

May 2012
Lumathy said:
TheWitcher said:
I was still happy that Kirei got owned 90 % by Kerry
This will stfu all the "Kirei stronger than Kerry" people.
That's the only thing that was really 5/5 in this episode

KIREI PAWNED Kerry with his BARE hands. He remains awesome while Kerry continue to make stupid decisions and got cursed for life.

That was a funny failed comeback on behalf of a Kirei fanboy
Bare fists - uses claws, cheating with the command seals
PAWNED - got his hand badly damaged, begged for the Grail, got killed, lost, got pawned

Don't be upset, you can still dream

But why argue? Gil is still the most awesome so far in Fate/Zero along with Rider and Baksakah
Sore Wa Himitsu Desu
Jun 16, 2012 12:44 PM

Mar 2009
Stark700 said:
Another fitting day for Father's Day, thanks F/Z :)

Btw. after learning that ufotable did their date trick again I decided to check what interesting thing happens on 24th of June... it's Midsummer and John Baptist day!

Quote from wikipedia with important parts outlined (sort of spoilerish)
Jun 16, 2012 12:45 PM

Apr 2012
TheWitcher said:
Lumathy said:
TheWitcher said:
I was still happy that Kirei got owned 90 % by Kerry
This will stfu all the "Kirei stronger than Kerry" people.
That's the only thing that was really 5/5 in this episode

KIREI PAWNED Kerry with his BARE hands. He remains awesome while Kerry continue to make stupid decisions and got cursed for life.

That was a funny failed comeback on behalf of a Kirei fanboy
Bare fists - uses claws, cheating with the command seals
PAWNED - got his hand badly damaged, begged for the Grail, got killed, lost, got pawned

Don't be upset, you can still dream

Kirei was holding his own against True Assassin. And True Assassin would have raped the shit out of Kiritsugu.

Anyways I'm disappointed in this episode. They should have just done 1 hr episodes for the last 2 episodes. Looking forward to bluray.
As a child, I was told that society is a melting pot of talents; knowledge and experience combined to form important alloys that will contribute to mankind. When I got to highschool, however, I thought that it's more like a river in which the water represents our peers while we ourselves are the stones in the river. Constant erosion by mindless majority sheeping has made us lose our unique edge. After I hit the age of 18, I realized that I've been wrong all along. Society is no melting pot. Society is no river. Society is a person, a very skilled rapist, and he has fucked us all.
Jun 16, 2012 12:46 PM

Oct 2010
ssjokg said:
Yumekichi11 said:
........]

The whole IrixIlyaxKiritsugu scene as fake dont worry,The real ones wouldnt act so calm anyway with all the mud etc...

And Kirei was shot in the heart.As for the "Eclipse" it was like that both FSN VN and FZ LN.
Yeah I though so, still goes back Kirei is THE REAL KILLER of Irisviel. It was never really Kiritsugu. However his shit with Maiya........I don't like and shake my head over it and his means from it to use as ends on Irisviel.
Venneria said:
Way to go Kiritsugu! kill your child and wife, and order saber to destroy the grail. that will solve your problem.
I don't think he killed them. It was a illusion right? So IRL they are alive still, well his kid at least.

- BLOG - My Club- Easiest way to reach the rest of my thoughts!
Jun 16, 2012 12:48 PM

Apr 2012
Yumekichi11 said:
ssjokg said:
Yumekichi11 said:
........]

The whole IrixIlyaxKiritsugu scene as fake dont worry,The real ones wouldnt act so calm anyway with all the mud etc...

And Kirei was shot in the heart.As for the "Eclipse" it was like that both FSN VN and FZ LN.
Yeah I though so, still goes back Kirei is THE REAL KILLER of Irisviel. It was never really Kiritsugu. However his shit with Maiya........I don't like and shake my head over it and his means from it to use as ends on Irisviel.

He would have done the same thing in real life if he was faced with the same situation. Before that fire he was still clutching to his stupid ideal.
As a child, I was told that society is a melting pot of talents; knowledge and experience combined to form important alloys that will contribute to mankind. When I got to highschool, however, I thought that it's more like a river in which the water represents our peers while we ourselves are the stones in the river. Constant erosion by mindless majority sheeping has made us lose our unique edge. After I hit the age of 18, I realized that I've been wrong all along. Society is no melting pot. Society is no river. Society is a person, a very skilled rapist, and he has fucked us all.
Jun 16, 2012 12:52 PM

Sep 2010
BloodRequiem said:
Kirei was holding his own against True Assassin. And True Assassin would have raped the shit out of Kiritsugu.

Kirei never used the full command spells to his true capacity (become Servant level killing machine that can beat Ciel).

Yumekichi11 said:

Unless you missed it, Irisviel was dying in a painful inhuman way because she was the vessel of the Lesser Holy Grail. Kirei performed the equivalent of euthanasia.
ThessJun 16, 2012 12:55 PM
Jun 16, 2012 12:59 PM

Jan 2011
BloodRequiem said:
Yumekichi11 said:
ssjokg said:
Yumekichi11 said:
........]

He would have done the same thing in real life if he was faced with the same situation. Before that fire he was still clutching to his stupid ideal.

All that talk about who the killer was is meaningless.

Irisfiel was constructed just to die and become the Grail. Nothing more, nothing less. From the day she was magically created, she was supposed to die the day she fullfiled her role as the Grail.
Jun 16, 2012 1:04 PM
Jul 2010
fimbu1vetr said:
ssjokg said:
fimbu1vetr said:
ssjokg said:
fimbu1vetr said:
Arisuchan said:

Ah, thanks for clearing that up. I'm really glad that things turned out the way they did. If there really was a miracle that could magically erase all war and suffering, that would be absurd, since conflict is inherent in human nature.

Idk about that. I think the Grail could probably grant his wish, but the Grail is corrupted and evil so the Grail would just kill everyone to grant world peace.

Well we dont really know if the grail can grant any other wish except for reaching the Root

I'm pretty sure it can; it wanted Kiritsugu to make his wish no?

Well everything it's speculation anyway so we will never reach an answer.And since it's corrupted that tried to make Kerry to carry on with his wish doesnt matter

Is it speculation? I was pretty sure I read either in the LN or wiki that the Grail can grant wishes, just corrupts them so it causes death/destruction.
In the previous Grail wars the Grail was never attained and in the third it was supposedly corrupted (it is corrupted - that's a fact anyway), so no one really knows what it could actually do before it or if it was like this all along. So yeah, it's all pretty much speculation - including what the characters say since they don't know for sure either.
Jun 16, 2012 1:08 PM
Feb 2012
AHHHHHHHH! NUOOOOO THE PATHETIC SHIRO IS GONNA BE IN THE NEXT EPISODE. TT_TT ahh well it will be nice to see more of what happened between shiro and kiritsugu.... sabah.... wahhh!
Jun 16, 2012 1:10 PM

Jul 2007
Well i watched this episode twice in a row and in my opinion it was quite good. Well i loved it. I have no idea why they totally neglected the Saber Vs Bersherker fight though. That's my only complaint for the series till now. Last ep also didn't had the impact it should have with Saber learning Lancelots identity and this one was just ridiculous too. But personally i like to see the positive things.

1) They did an amazing job with Kirei vs Kiritsugu fight.
2) They explained so that everyone would understand why the grail is evil.
3) Music and animation were superb once again.

By the way i don't lost faith that in the BDs they might add some extra scenes or something :/
Jun 16, 2012 1:18 PM

Apr 2012
Dusk252 said:
fimbu1vetr said:
ssjokg said:
fimbu1vetr said:
ssjokg said:
fimbu1vetr said:
Arisuchan said:

Ah, thanks for clearing that up. I'm really glad that things turned out the way they did. If there really was a miracle that could magically erase all war and suffering, that would be absurd, since conflict is inherent in human nature.

Idk about that. I think the Grail could probably grant his wish, but the Grail is corrupted and evil so the Grail would just kill everyone to grant world peace.

Well we dont really know if the grail can grant any other wish except for reaching the Root

Well everything it's speculation anyway so we will never reach an answer.And since it's corrupted that tried to make Kerry to carry on with his wish doesnt matter

Is it speculation? I was pretty sure I read either in the LN or wiki that the Grail can grant wishes, just corrupts them so it causes death/destruction.
In the previous Grail wars the Grail was never attained and in the third it was supposedly corrupted (it is corrupted - that's a fact anyway), so no one really knows what it could actually do before it or if it was like this all along. So yeah, it's all pretty much speculation - including what the characters say since they don't know for sure either.

Even if the grail is not corrupted.
How do you think 1 trillion units of prana will erase conflict from humanity other than destroy it?
Jun 16, 2012 1:23 PM
Sep 2010
BloodRequiem said:
Dusk252 said:
fimbu1vetr said:
ssjokg said:
fimbu1vetr said:
ssjokg said:
fimbu1vetr said:
Arisuchan said:

How do you think 1 trillion units of prana will erase conflict from humanity other than destroy it?

Avalon for all! /notreally
Jun 16, 2012 1:28 PM

Oct 2010
BloodRequiem said:
Yumekichi11 said:
ssjokg said:
Yumekichi11 said:
........]

The whole IrixIlyaxKiritsugu scene as fake don’t worry,The real ones wouldn’t act so calm anyway with all the mud etc...

And Kirei was shot in the heart. As for the "Eclipse" it was like that both FSN VN and FZ LN.

Yeah but at least it was not done. Therefore he should have one less regret at least.
Thess said:
Yumekichi11 said:

Unless you missed it, Irisviel was dying in a painful inhuman way because she was the vessel of the Lesser Holy Grail. Kirei performed the equivalent of euthanasia.
I see, materialization. I know but it was to be to leave her to her own destiny performing euthanasia on her was of no right to him. In the case of euthanasia I would have accepted more Kiritsugu, however it would still be best to have left to her fate. Personally I would separate the grail from her as a single object and have her live if there is a way in the Nasuverses to do so.

Then I would BLAST the shit object to PIECES. However once again I assume it's IMPOSSIBLE due to many pillar supports. Hence why it might take more than this war to get rid of the grail If it was me I would find a way to sever all at once to get rid of the grail all together.

Was there a better way to kill the Grail other than it was presented in this Universe?

Jun 16, 2012 1:30 PM

Apr 2012
Yumekichi11 said:
BloodRequiem said:
Yumekichi11 said:
ssjokg said:
Yumekichi11 said:
........]

The whole IrixIlyaxKiritsugu scene as fake don’t worry,The real ones wouldn’t act so calm anyway with all the mud etc...

And Kirei was shot in the heart. As for the "Eclipse" it was like that both FSN VN and FZ LN.

Yeah but at least it was not done. Therefore he should have one less regret at least.
Thess said:
Yumekichi11 said:

I see, materialization. I know but it was to be to leave her to her own destiny performing euthanasia on her was of no right to him. In the case of euthanasia I would have accepted more Kiritsugu, however it would still be best to have left to her fate. Personally I would separate the grail from her as a single object and have her live if there is a way in the Nasuverses to do so.

Then I would BLAST the shit object to PIECES. However once again I assume it's IMPOSSIBLE due to many pillar supports. Hence why it might take more than this war to get rid of the grail If it was me I would find a way to sever all at once to get rid of the grail all together.

Was there a better way to kill the Grail other than it was presented in this Universe?

Either dismantle it. (Can be reconstructed if the Einzberns still had knowledge and resources)
Or close it forever by sacrificing yourself like what
did in HF.
Jun 16, 2012 1:34 PM

Oct 2010
BloodRequiem said:
Closing it forever would be nice but I don't want the sacrifice. I was hoping a tool could do that job.

Jun 16, 2012 1:35 PM
Jul 2010
BloodRequiem said:
Dusk252 said:
fimbu1vetr said:
ssjokg said:
fimbu1vetr said:
ssjokg said:
fimbu1vetr said:
Arisuchan said:

Agreed. Except that wasn't exactly my point. It's just that now that the Grail is corrupted, no one will ever know what it could actually do, independently of Kiritsugu's perfect world being possible or not either way.
Jun 16, 2012 1:44 PM
Apr 2011
Can someone explain to me what the holy grail really is in a spoiler tag or something?
Jun 16, 2012 1:51 PM

Apr 2012
Ugh everything was done well enough except for Saber vs Berserker. Even ignoring what's in the novel, it makes no sense to cut out that stuff given how the anime continued to make Berserker being Lancelot a big deal. Anime also makes it look like Saber defeated Berserker, when really he was about to kill her and only stopped because Kariya ran out of mana.

Seriously, to even skip why Lancelot was mad in the first place? Really? Come on, that's ridiculous. I'm sure it'll be in the BDs, but we shouldn't have to wait for the BDs to get the story in the first place. This is just like episode 11, important cuts for the sake of time.
Jun 16, 2012 1:52 PM

Jun 2010
I don't even know what to say anymore.

-The Kiritsugu vs Kirei match was epic.

-Wtf, Berserker died that easily? Seriously?!

-Iri became a cup =(( </3

-I can't understand a shit on what happened between the Grail and Kiritsugu. Kiritsugu's wish is to save the world, why can't the grail grant it? And why did he need to kill his family to save the world? Someone enlighten me please.

-FUCK. I was like... Omg, Illya so cute <3 Then fuck. I was shocked. Trauma...

-Don't really care about Saber. Soooo? Please explain to me why do Kiritsugu wanted to destroy the Grail? Why?
Jun 16, 2012 1:55 PM

Apr 2012
ymhr6 said:
Can someone explain to me what the holy grail really is in a spoiler tag or something?

BloodRequiemJun 16, 2012 2:01 PM
Jun 16, 2012 1:55 PM

Jan 2012
Not sure if I actually liked this episode or not. It was clear that there will be a Saber vs Archer final battle this ep and the 12th one. But I'm curious about how all of this will end.
The battle Kiritsugu vs Kirei was the only thing that was interesting this time.

The ending made me sad again...TT.TT

Jun 16, 2012 2:02 PM

Jun 2010
BloodRequiem said:
ymhr6 said:

What's the benefit of the records of Akasha? So why didn't Kiritsugu perform that large scale of magecraft close to the level of miracles? Why didn't Kiritsugu waited for Saber to kill Gil and access the records of Akasha? Why did Kiritsugu decided to destroy the Grail? Im so confused.
Jun 16, 2012 2:04 PM

Oct 2010
TheRealBoyd said:
Ugh everything was done well enough except for Saber vs Berserker. Even ignoring what's in the novel, it makes no sense to cut out that stuff given how the anime continued to make Berserker being Lancelot a big deal. Anime also makes it look like Saber defeated Berserker, when really he was about to kill her and only stopped because Kariya ran out of mana.

Seriously, to even skip why Lancelot was mad in the first place? Really? Come on, that's ridiculous. I'm sure it'll be in the BDs, but we shouldn't have to wait for the BDs to get the story in the first place. This is just like episode 11, important cuts for the sake of time.
I DEMAND LN DETAILS! Someone should like ASAP put them for everyone of cut out stuff again. Less I missed that one.

Jun 16, 2012 2:10 PM

Apr 2012
-MgZ_ said:
BloodRequiem said:
ymhr6 said:

What's the benefit of the records of Akasha? So why didn't Kiritsugu perform that large scale of magecraft close to the level of miracles? Why didn't Kiritsugu waited for Saber to kill Gil and access the records of Akasha? Why did Kiritsugu decided to destroy the Grail? Im so confused.

Jun 16, 2012 2:17 PM
Feb 2012
Good episode, but that too obvious scene cutting/shortening... damn

Enter .... the Blurays xD
Jun 16, 2012 2:23 PM

Feb 2009
Yumekichi11 said:
TheRealBoyd said:

I DEMAND LN DETAILS! Someone should like ASAP put them for everyone of cut out stuff again. Less I missed that one.

Someone posted the scene from the LN a few pages back already but anyway here is the portion covered in this episode:

Jun 16, 2012 2:37 PM

Oct 2010
dio_brando86 said:
Yumekichi11 said:
TheRealBoyd said:

Someone posted the scene from the LN a few pages back already but anyway here is the portion covered in this episode:

COOL! I save that now. Indeed let's hope they use the EXTRA $$$ to redo this scene and add it. Since the series will be over, the time they have should be more less they are doing more series, whom I don't know too much of yet.

That being said it would certainly please many to have this done and included in the BDs.

Jun 16, 2012 2:40 PM

May 2010
Kiritsugu is one sick mother fuck, dude even if its a dream did i have to see Irisviel die again? and way he did his own daughter was brutal ol' well, saber was getting the shit dat head stomp but the fight was awsome.
Jun 16, 2012 2:44 PM
Mar 2011
I got a question !!

Why the GRail was Offered For Kiritsugu while Kirei was Still Alive !!
this shouldnt b Possible !
Jun 16, 2012 2:50 PM

Apr 2012
Mooodyy said:
I got a question !!

Because Irisviel...
Jun 16, 2012 2:52 PM
Mar 2011
BloodRequiem said:
Mooodyy said:
I got a question !!

Because Irisviel...

Irisviel ?? becoz of her wish was to give it to kritsugu so he got it b4 kirei ?
also..was their a final blow between both Kiritsugu and kerie ? i mean suddenly the roof fall and then kritsugu is standing still will kirie is lying !
Jun 16, 2012 2:54 PM

Jun 2010
BloodRequiem said:
-MgZ_ said:
BloodRequiem said:
ymhr6 said:

I see. Thanks....So it was all for nothing.
Jun 16, 2012 3:01 PM

Apr 2012
Mooodyy said:
BloodRequiem said:
Mooodyy said:
I got a question !!

Because Irisviel...

Irisviel ?? becoz of her wish was to give it to kritsugu so he got it b4 kirei ?
also..was their a final blow between both Kiritsugu and kerie ? i mean suddenly the roof fall and then kritsugu is standing still will kirie is lying !

Kiritsugu woke up from the grail induced dream before Kirei.

May 2011
The climax is near the conclusion.

Damn, Kiritsugu had real resolve there.

Mar 2012
Happy Father's Day! Oh, dear... ufotable does it again

I didn't like the Saber/Berserker battle at all, especially how it ended.
Jun 16, 2012 3:04 PM

Apr 2012
TravSavage said:
Happy Father's Day! Oh, dear... ufotable does it again

I didn't like the Saber/Berserker battle at all, especially how it ended.

It's Tokiomi's birthday too lol.
Jun 16, 2012 3:05 PM
Mar 2011
BloodRequiem said:
Mooodyy said:
BloodRequiem said:
Mooodyy said:
I got a question !!

Because Irisviel...

Kiritsugu woke up from the grail induced dream before Kirei.

Makes much sense :D Thanks alot for explaining ^_^
Jun 16, 2012 3:11 PM

Feb 2009
Mooodyy said:
BloodRequiem said:
Mooodyy said:
I got a question !!

Because Irisviel...

They both are unconscious once the mud hits them, but Kiritsugu comes out of it quicker because he rejected it and shoots Kotomine in the heart. This was in the episode, I don't know how you missed it. Although
Jun 16, 2012 3:16 PM
Mar 2011
dio_brando86 said:
Mooodyy said:
BloodRequiem said:
Mooodyy said:
I got a question !!

Because Irisviel...

They both are unconscious once the mud hits them, but Kiritsugu comes out of it quicker because he rejected it and shoots Kotomine in the heart. This was in the episode, I don't know how you missed it. Although

U made me re think that it doesnt rly make sense..because..there was only a Dream where Kritsugu was in charge..as u say he waked earlier..then there shuld've been a dream/vision for kirei as well !..unless its as BloodRequeim said ..it was Kirtsugu's because of irisviel..
Jun 16, 2012 3:20 PM

Apr 2012
Mooodyy said:
dio_brando86 said:
Mooodyy said:
BloodRequiem said:
Mooodyy said:
I got a question !!

Because Irisviel...

U made me re think that it doesnt rly make sense..because..there was only a Dream where Kritsugu was in charge..as u say he waked earlier..then there shuld've been a dream/vision for kirei as well !..unless its as BloodRequeim said ..it was Kirtsugu's because of irisviel..

They were both viewing the same dream but Kiritsugu was in charge because the grail chose him.
Jun 16, 2012 3:21 PM

Sep 2010
dio_brando86 said:

Let's not forget that Avalon automatically pushes up Kiritsugu more. In HF

BloodRequiem said:
They were both viewing the same dream but Kiritsugu was in charge because the grail chose him.

Because of Irisviel. The Grail was Dark Irisviel.
Jun 16, 2012 3:22 PM
Feb 2012
So Kiritsugu will die right?
Jun 16, 2012 3:23 PM
Mar 2011
BloodRequiem said:
Mooodyy said:
dio_brando86 said:
Mooodyy said:
BloodRequiem said:
Mooodyy said:
I got a question !!

Because Irisviel...

haha again what u makes sense xD ..thanks for explaining..
last thing..do u get notified when i comment or quote u ??
coz i dont and i keep refreshing and that's boring !
"sry to ask but that's my very 1st time to comment or participate in a Discussion"
Jun 16, 2012 3:24 PM

Sep 2010
NNick said:
So Kiritsugu will die right?

Well, Kiritsugu already died once in this episode. He got revived by Avalon (when Kirei punched his chest? He exploded his heart).

Jun 16, 2012 3:32 PM
Feb 2012
Totally didn't see that coming, the worse it ends the better.
Love tragic shows.
Jun 16, 2012 3:37 PM

Oct 2010
Thess said:
dio_brando86 said:

Let's not forget that Avalon automatically pushes up Kiritsugu more. In HF
ROFL! I remember that part from UBW and am still WTF at its logic even though it somewhat makes sense.

Jun 16, 2012 3:38 PM

Feb 2009
Thess said:

Jun 16, 2012 3:41 PM

Apr 2012
dio_brando86 said:
Thess said:

If it weren't for UBW

Kirei's first punch woulda killed him.
BloodRequiemJun 16, 2012 3:49 PM
Jun 16, 2012 3:53 PM

Sep 2011
So Kiritsugu shot Kirei in the heart, apparently killing him, but how does he end up being Tohsaka Rin's caretaker in the fate/stay night series if he's dead?
Jun 16, 2012 3:54 PM

May 2012
DramaKiDD said:
So Kiritsugu shot Kirei in the heart, apparently killing him, but how does he end up being Tohsaka Rin's caretaker in the fate/stay night series if he's dead?

because you have to wait till last episode, not gonna spoil it and better don't ask if you are curious
Sore Wa Himitsu Desu
Pages (14) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Fate/Zero 2nd Season Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

tsubasalover - May 12, 2012

589 by frieren2024 »»
Apr 26, 4:02 AM

» What's next?

infinite_Shadows - Apr 10

13 by Ain2Zwei »»
Apr 15, 4:48 PM

Poll: » Fate/Zero 2nd Season Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 23, 2012

1325 by Joel77 »»
Mar 25, 11:30 PM

Poll: » Fate/Zero 2nd Season Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Yumekichi11 - Jun 9, 2012

728 by damnit_tomioka »»
Mar 18, 2:06 PM

Poll: » Fate/Zero 2nd Season Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

belatkuro - Apr 28, 2012

585 by goodwake »»
Mar 9, 11:00 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.