MyAnimeList.net

Anime Information
Forums

Recent Posts | My Watched Topics | My Ignored Topics | Search

Tasogare Otome x Amnesia Episode 10 Discussion
MyAnimeList.net Forum »» Anime Discussion »» Series Discussion »» Tasogare Otome x Amnesia »» Tasogare Otome x Amnesia Episode 10 Discussion

Pages (6) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 »
View Poll Results: Tasogare Otome x Amnesia Episode 10 Discussion
5 out of 5: Loved it!

149 78.01%
4 out of 5: Liked it

33 17.28%
3 out of 5: It was OK

6 3.14%
2 out of 5: Disliked it

1 0.52%
1 out of 5: Hated it

2 1.05%
Voters: 191

06-12-12, 12:02 AM

I liked the "film showing"-like take on the flashback involving Teiichi as the sole viewer & reenactor. Kirie does kind of resemble her grandmother Yukariko. Yuuko died a horribly slow, painful death as a sudden sacrifice. I wouldn't blame her for snapping near the last moments of her life.

06-12-12, 4:07 AM

Amazing episode. This show delivers.
Yukarino lol. Looks so much like Kirie but for some reason i find the name kind of funny.

What a scary, horrible and unfair death for poor Yuuko. Dying there all alone inside the darkness while suffering from pain, cold and hunger. Her mind getting cloudy was logical considering the environment she spend her last hours. That's what you get from superstitious, religious, obsessed non logical fearful people like those old dudes. This is why people should learn to think as individuals and never let fear guide them.

ptv said:
Ziafung said:

I hope I' m not the only one who didn't really understand, why she suddenly got angry after looking at the mirror in that shrine. Did Yuuko' s dark side took form through that mirror?

Finally! after reading 3 pages i found someone who noticed that too! I understand that she saw her ruined face covered in blood and it was shocking, but i don't think it would be that big shock to suddenly release her whole hatred and other negative feelings. Is there someone who understands it better or something?

Yeah i noticed that too. I think the anime went a little faster than it should there because from what i got she didn't rely went to that shrine immediately after waking up like it might have seemed but she actually stayed there for a while before pulling herself to the shrine. So between the "is better if i am the one who dies" and looking in the mirror, some good amount of time passed making her panic and fear increase, that resulted in her snapping when seeing the bad shape of her face.

I believe she might even had spend more than a day or two down there because she was obviously suffering from serious hunger and stuff by the end.

Damn, such things wake the male protective instinct in me making me wish i could be there to protect, hug her and kick some old foolish ass.

06-12-12, 4:32 PM

okay. i admit that i dont like this anime that much, but omg this episode was amazing. it was made so well. the storyboard writer and director of this episode did a really good job!

06-12-12, 5:40 PM

Wow what an ep. 5/5

Poor Yuuko..

06-12-12, 5:59 PM

Excellent episode, her memories were so sad :'c

06-12-12, 10:07 PM

I feel like I've been run over by a truck. This was too grim, and made worse because we know that nothing will save her.

I still have to think about what my score for this episode will be. Maybe I'll need to watch it again first but I don't really feel like doing that right now.

When I think about the first episode, with the playful Yuuko teasing Niiya and Kirie, it is difficult to reconcile the extreme differences within this show.

It was incredibly painful to see her death unfold. I'm hoping that somehow, Yuuko can find redemption.

06-13-12, 12:32 AM

Even though this was all anime original material, it was actually pretty good.

06-13-12, 12:42 AM

I'm afraid I'm with the minority on this one. They had to compress too much into 24 minutes and it shows, felt very rushed especially towards the end. I liked the visual depiction though with sometimes showing Niiya. I'm glad Yuuko at least didn't get raped, she suffered more than enough even without that. 3/5.

06-13-12, 4:15 AM

I was expecting her to be raped and tortured :/ Because one of her flashbacks in one previous episode was she was bondaged. Anyways this is the best episode so far

06-13-12, 5:29 AM

Best episode so far, I was waiting for a story-centered episode like this for a long time, it seems like next episode will be like this too. Sort of sad this was rushed, a 2-episode long flashback would've been mush better, but this is a 12 episodes long show, so I can't really complain.
I almost never read discussions after I made my post, if you want to reply PM me or post on my profile page.

06-13-12, 3:43 PM

Wasn't as emotional as I thought it would be..

06-13-12, 7:54 PM

Njs_Fluffy said:
Fucking hate those demented elders

I agree.... Like if a pseudo-ritual would cure the desease!!!!!

06-14-12, 4:21 PM

God damn those fucking elders, ffs in times of panic they shouldn't go crazy like this. They were acting like what those kids were doing in the earlier episode with the red woman. Damn what they did to Yuuko was just messed up, tricking Asa in saying her name.

Love the way they portrayed this memory with Niiya seeing and feeling everything through Yuuko's eyes. It sure was depressing though knowing that Yuuko was going to end up like that at the end. On a happier note it was cool seeing Yukarino and Niiya going through a full body experience in Yuuko's body must've been nice lol.

06-15-12, 3:53 AM

I don't know why you all say that Yukariko looks like Kirie, well, she does, but at first I thought it was Yuuko xD

06-15-12, 7:49 AM

Ozland said:

I don't know why you all say that Yukariko looks like Kirie, well, she does, but at first I thought it was Yuuko xD

They look very alike, however I could see where she looked like Kirie, rather than Yuuko to many people.
She's drawn slightly differently.
I can see that and I'm sure a number of people can.
It's subtle, but there are very slight differences between the way Kirie and Yuuko look.
And therefore between how Yukariko and Yuuko look.
But I don't know how many people actually see the differences.
Mainly it's around the eyes that there's the difference. I think there was one other thing different but I can't think of it ATM off the top of my head.

06-15-12, 9:48 AM

windeen-windy said:
Ozland said:

They look very alike, however I could see where she looked like Kirie, rather than Yuuko to many people.
She's drawn slightly differently.
I can see that and I'm sure a number of people can.
It's subtle, but there are very slight differences between the way Kirie and Yuuko look.
And therefore between how Yukariko and Yuuko look.
But I don't know how many people actually see the differences.
Mainly it's around the eyes that there's the difference. I think there was one other thing different but I can't think of it ATM off the top of my head.
Yep, it's the eyes. Yuuko and Kyrie look pretty alike with long hair as shown in an earlier episode. But it's the eyes that give them a bit of difference. Their experession is different too.

06-15-12, 12:59 PM

The episode was really excelent overall , the story begins to flow well .

06-15-12, 9:45 PM

BlueKite said:
I was expecting her to be raped and tortured :/ Because one of her flashbacks in one previous episode was she was bondaged. Anyways this is the best episode so far

Same here. I admit that sacrificing her was cruel but the way she is suffering is far beyond just killin. Or at least Shadow's suffering. I was all like "what? that's just it?"
This season is so full of true slice of life. Even if there are ghosts and sacrifice, it's still so common. I mean the sacrificing in almost abandoned villages that are in danger of dying.
The other one is Hyouka, both tell us about 45-60 y/a old stories and they're so full of mysteries in the beginning, yet this is all just real stuff.
Oh well I don't mind the real stuff. It's so original for anime.
That's why I actually liked this episode. It wasn't bullshitting watchers with unbelievable and unrational stuff like the majority does.

06-16-12, 1:28 AM

Wow, awesome episode. Very sad and tragic. Different than I had originally predicted the flashback would go, so that made it interesting. So now Niya knows Yuuko's past. Is he going to try to get Shadow Yuuko to disappear then? I predictable Shadow Yuuko and normal Yuuko will pass on at the end. Probably a very tearful last scene with Yuuko and Niya.
I don't accept random friend requests, but feel free to PM me if you want to talk about something i've posted or talk about some anime/manga that i've seen.

06-17-12, 3:51 AM

Spectacular episode. You could really feel the essence of tragedy and pain in this flashback, it is one of the best I have seen in a horror anime. I got the chills. :O

Pages (6) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 »
Help     FAQ     About     Contact     Terms     Privacy     AdChoices