Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 19, 2012 2:55 PM

Aug 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
The Atena is a fake (blue haired girl in the intro). She's being controlled by the bad guy.

The headmaster guy is the gold saint and is evil. Kouga vs the headmaster (gold saint).

Yuuna vs Ryuuho. Their battle is interupted.

The saint school is covered in darkness.
Kouga meets a new character in prison.

May 19, 2012 6:10 PM

Sep 2007
Guys ?
We got a badass here ...

May 19, 2012 7:29 PM
Mar 2011
I'm pissed I wanted ikki. but still this could add to the plot.
May 19, 2012 9:50 PM
Observer

Nov 2007
Yeah, we got to see Haruto too. Seems an interesting addition to the team.

DSM144 said:

The headmaster guy is the gold saint and is evil.

Well, judging from past gold saints, I wouldn't assume he's evil so fast yet.
bla bla bla
The endless debate between fans and haters. At one point, after spending a lot of time on MAL, you just realize it's totally pointless.
Niko-kun said:
On MAL, everyone who has used the lame rating system becomes a critic and an intellectual by default, haven't you heard?
May 19, 2012 10:22 PM
Mar 2011
true, however usually that position has been held by the gemini gold saint, one good twin one bad twin but eventually the bad twin turns good, but for it to be the capricorn gold saint who is evil this time around? it goes against 3 incarnations of S.S.? i swear there are too many unanswered questions here, when will the others be showing up, How did someone like that inherit the capricorn armor? sure there are others but can't think of any more. also we might find out which gold saints are at the sanctuary next week it was mentioned that there are 2 stationed there, seriously tho i wana see ikki. not sure if we might cause he is shown in the intro but he isn't shown as a character.
May 20, 2012 12:15 AM

May 2012
Wow, so far I can tell that people are really enjoying Omega, though a lot of questions remains unanswered indeed.

What really bothered me though was when Kouga and Souma were fighting, that both used same techniques two times and as far as I'm concerned the same technique does not work twice against a Saint currently battling. (episode 7, sorry for being out from topic)

About the Capricorn, I'm not really troubled by his actual plot in a way I am more attached to his appearence and design. Nothing is cooler than seeing an old man as a Gold Saint. They're all usually (not that still) so young (aside Aldebaran - LC), and yet how truly powerful he may be.

I particularly won't drop it since it's from the Saint Seiya universe, even if things happen to get really bad in the next episodes, which I believe they won't anyways.

My current status is waiting not so patiently for Haruto and Ikki as well, not forgetting Hyoga. And I really wanted to see more Shiryu although my wish won't be fulfilled.
May 20, 2012 9:45 AM

Aug 2009
Good episode. Ionia finally revealed his intentions.

We all knew she was a fake athena, but I never thought it would the girl from the opening. It seems her memories have been wiped out.

Yuna vs Ryuuho was looking good. Too bad it was interrupted.

Now, as far as the capricorn gold cloth goes...I like it. I just don't like he way it looks on the headmaster. Way too bulky and big.

And we finally meet the last heroe...Haruto. I'm looking forward to his character and ninja techniques.
May 20, 2012 5:46 PM

Apr 2011
I just knew the tournament was going to be interrupted... at least, the way Ryuho stopped Yuna's tatsumaki senpu kyaku was cool, i would like to see (at least) the end of that fight.

So, the authority figure of the good ones turn to be evil... i didn't saw that coming :P
May 20, 2012 8:20 PM

Oct 2010
koilisan said:

What really bothered me though was when Kouga and Souma were fighting, that both used same techniques two times and as far as I'm concerned the same technique does not work twice against a Saint currently battling. (episode 7, sorry for being out from topic)

Yeah i do remember that even in the original Saint Seiya series. Only time that logic was broken was when it was Seiya himself. He is the spam king but i still like him.

wakka9ca said:

Well, judging from past gold saints, I wouldn't assume he's evil so fast yet.

Well you cant even compare this show to the old gold saints. I'm just trying my hardest not to drop it. I just know any fan of the old one will be disappointed by this one.

Well im glad the Capricorns is powerful. Im glad he is making my zodiac sign look like a boss. I doubt he has the most cosmos. I cant remember that one gold saint that had like unlimited cosmos. He always kept his eyes closed.

Ikki better make a cameo. Shun i hope he is dead. LMAO.
May 20, 2012 11:26 PM
Mar 2011
I'm a fan of the original aswell, so far the only thing i am dissapointed by is the lack of development or rather that it has been slow, and not many mentions of the former characters asside from a few . also considering the original series where the pope was the main atagonist who was supposed to be the good guy, it doesn't suprise me that this occured. Hopefully we see some action from the 2 gold saints stationed at the temples next week.
May 21, 2012 6:52 AM

Oct 2007
Not talking about the fan of the old or new one but the overall of this anime is pretty bad and hardly going anywhere interesting or at least for me.

Dropped.

"A Legend is but a tale of a beautiful lie."
May 21, 2012 8:30 AM

Aug 2009
This episode managed to get a 2.9% rating....highest so far.

Not really surprised since it was THE episode that contributed most to the story.

All is looking well for omega so far.
May 21, 2012 9:05 AM
Nov 2010
I think the Taurus Gold cloth would be more believable than capricorn's cloth in terms of size...
May 21, 2012 1:47 PM

Apr 2011
A lot of developments in this one ... I never made it that far into the original Saint Seiya, so I'm not sure why everyone's so pissed about the Gold Cloths ... I think this has already been labelled as an alternate reality from the main SS series anyhow, so just go with the changes :) Honestly besides a few cosmetic changes I don't see much difference between the two, they even use the same OP as the original series.

I did make it to the Ikki arc, and I agree, it'd be badass to see Phoenix once again, he was probably the most badass of the original Saints. Even if he came off as kinda a proto-Vegeta (SS coming before DBZ and all).

I just wish they'd actually shown us some of Yuna v Ryuho, tho Kyoga's scenes were definitely more important than a match in a tournament that was about to be interrupted ... I do hope he eventually gets to fight the badass Thunder guy, but they're about to have bigger concerns (IIRC the first tournament arc in SS went down exactly this way ... in fact this is when Ikki showed up, or thereabouts).

5/5
May 21, 2012 4:07 PM

Oct 2008
Siva said:
Not talking about the fan of the old or new one but the overall of this anime is pretty bad and hardly going anywhere interesting or at least for me.

Dropped.

Same feeling I swear!

Dropped too
May 21, 2012 5:27 PM

Sep 2007
Good.
More guys who will love this anime if others drop it. :o
May 21, 2012 5:53 PM
Mar 2011
Blind_Guardian said:
A lot of developments in this one ... I never made it that far into the original Saint Seiya, so I'm not sure why everyone's so pissed about the Gold Cloths ... I think this has already been labelled as an alternate reality from the main SS series anyhow, so just go with the changes :) Honestly besides a few cosmetic changes I don't see much difference between the two, they even use the same OP as the original series.

5/5

hmm are you sure its an alternate reality cause if it were it'd be an entire new cast of characters with no mention to the previous series like what they did with lost canvas. now THAT is alternate relaity since it happens before S.S.
May 21, 2012 6:10 PM

Jan 2010
This episode surprised me.

I didn't like the last episodes. The Saint Fight tournament was somehow disappointing to me. It just didn't have the same vibe present in the original.

I also don't apreciated at all the concept of a saint school in Palaestra (I'd rather see the characters training in the Greek Sanctuary, like the original).

But ...

I really liked this episode. Capricorn Ionia honoured his position as a Gold Saint. He acted as badass and as arrogant as a Gold Saint must be. Just like the original material. This episode reminds me a little bit of the Twelve Temple arc. Good memories from my childhood!

And though I dislike the character design for the Bronze Clothes, I think that the Capricorn Cloth looks pretty good!

I'm excited to see what Saints will appear in the Sanctuary in the next episodes. I hope to see Ikki, Shun and Hyoga soon.
BDLMay 21, 2012 6:17 PM
May 21, 2012 6:44 PM

Apr 2008
I dub this ep: "1 goat, 2 dupes."

Or maybe "1 horse, 2 dupes". "1 goat, 1 idiot".

I swear there was a Saint with a body manipulation/twist ability. Mm...Virgo? *Stupid memory* Geh...gross. Poor Kouga.
May 22, 2012 4:39 AM

Oct 2007
ShiroiRyu said:
Good.
And that doesn't mean the show will look good or turn good.

May 22, 2012 6:22 AM
May 2012
Siva said:
ShiroiRyu said:
Good.
And that doesn't mean the show will look good or turn good.

it does turn good in japan each episodes are getting more views one after the other.

u dont like it ?
dont watch it

go qq on another anime instead breaking our balls about how u hate omega...WE DONT CARE.

big fan of the original and i dont mind the new direction omega is taking,clearly is was made for a more "kid" audience....i keep that in mind and i am still ejoying it
May 22, 2012 9:02 AM

Jan 2011
while i admit that the old gold saint looks badass, i wonder if he can compare to how awesome ElCid was
May 22, 2012 12:53 PM

Oct 2007
No matter how much I hate or love a show I never once tried to be a fanfag. But some people are way too emotional.

May 22, 2012 2:47 PM

Apr 2011
Why people think is important to say that they dropped the series? And even more important, why people who dropped the series keep coming to the forum of said dropped series? o_o

Anyways, i did found something interesting in this topic:
hmm are you sure its an alternate reality cause if it were it'd be an entire new cast of characters with no mention to the previous series like what they did with lost canvas. now THAT is alternate relaity since it happens before S.S.

That bothers me, too. It was suppose to be a spin off, yet, Omega is working more like a sequel. And LC is not an alternate reality, is like... a prequel, i suppose (Shion and Dosko are characters in the original series, after all). An alternate reality would be Girlfriend of steel for Evangelion.
May 22, 2012 5:51 PM
Observer

Nov 2007
Siva said:
No matter how much I hate or love a show I never once tried to be a fanfag. But some people are way too emotional.

^This also.

Despite the SS gimmick this series is still a bit below average. Essentially only real SS fan can actually tolerate watching it.
bla bla bla
The endless debate between fans and haters. At one point, after spending a lot of time on MAL, you just realize it's totally pointless.
Niko-kun said:
On MAL, everyone who has used the lame rating system becomes a critic and an intellectual by default, haven't you heard?
May 22, 2012 10:01 PM

May 2010
The anime really started now. For you guys that want to see the old saints, wait they all will appear.
One more thing, if you didn't like the anime, don't bother yourself and us posting here that the anime is bad, just drop it in silence. These topics are about the anime discussion, not if you want to drop it or not. So the next time someone drops it, just do it without complaining here.
May 23, 2012 5:04 AM

Oct 2007
salamander_natsu said:
One more thing, if you didn't like the anime, don't bother yourself and us posting here that the anime is bad, just drop it in silence. These topics are about the anime discussion, not if you want to drop it or not. So the next time someone drops it, just do it without complaining here.
I'm sorry but this is not a fan club discussion. You are free to write either positive or negative comment about the show you watch in the threads discussion about that show. If you don't want to see a negative comment about a show you watch then don't come here or just ignore it. It is simple as that.

Alpharon said:
Why people think is important to say that they dropped the series? And even more important, why people who dropped the series keep coming to the forum of said dropped series? o_o

Why do you think it is important for you to come here reading other people comments and making your own comment after finishing an episode? It is not about "is it important or not?" but about one want to express one's opinion on the show they watch and it is the same way you did with your comment.

------------------
If people like the show then they should just enjoy it and why do they even bother with negative comments if they don't want to see it then just ignore it. Just one or two negative comments but some people acted like their show has been tainted or something.

Once they saw Kimi no Iru Machi manga discussion threads they will know how plain this thread is.

May 23, 2012 6:35 AM

May 2012
The definition of cool and quality is subjective with so many dimensions to consider, such as artwork, VA and story. I'm enjoying it even with some episodes that were not so interesting and the ratings show that this is picking up a fair bit.

It's both an alternative reality and a continuation from the old series. They wanted to make a new series with the old characters but with all the "I wanna drop" comments I am glad they picked new characters instead. They made it for the people who will appreciate more and not the whiners.

Context is way different from old series. They are bronze saints who are in school and way more protected compared to the old generation. Let it develop more and you'll get to see their strengths. It's just starting from here.

"I decided to drop it." then do so and end of story. No need to come back and repeat it. If you don't want to watch, then don't. If you want watch and rate with negative comments, nobody cares but then why do you announce that you dropped it earlier? Wait till someone else tells you how cool it becomes, then have an anime marathon to see what you've been missing out.
May 23, 2012 12:10 PM

Oct 2007
Apparently, someone was care enough that it make him create a new account just to make a new post about it *cough*

May 23, 2012 1:39 PM

Jan 2012
Athena fake, Headmaster also fake, nice saint school lol. However the golden saint power is the real deal. Also who's the guy with glasses? Looking forward to next episode.

May 23, 2012 4:44 PM

Apr 2008
ownosourus said:
Athena fake, Headmaster also fake, nice saint school lol. However the golden saint power is the real deal. Also who's the guy with glasses? Looking forward to next episode.

It's the ninja wolf saint it seems ;) (Lupus?) Didn't expect him to be a bit of a jerk.
May 23, 2012 7:57 PM

May 2012
Siva said:
Apparently, someone was care enough that it make him create a new account just to make a new post about it *cough*

It's funny how the skeptics can be wrong at times.

You got a couple of things wrong. I am not that someone you might be thinking about, I am a new user and I am not a him. I wanted to comment from long time ago but I was busy.

I suggest you just treat yourself well and not torture yourself if the anime style and everything about it isn't to your tastes, because others are enjoying it and it wouldn't be fair to you.

The guy with glasses is Haruto, wolf saint. I think he is a character whose bark is worse than his bite to people he care for.
sentienceMay 23, 2012 8:10 PM
May 23, 2012 8:34 PM

Feb 2008
haha you could easily tell that guy was no good. in any case oh well...
May 23, 2012 9:46 PM
Mar 2011
Hmm if i remembe from the original series the cloth themselves can leave the person wearing it if the user becomes unworthy of it right? So if this guy who is supposed to be undyingly loyal to athena chose to worship mars why hasn't the cloth left him? maybe this is a case of secretly working for athena like saga, camus, and shura did in order to ultimatley help her fight haddes in the original? I mean they attacked and their fellow saint shaka and used a forbideen technice twice. All im saying is that he might show his real nature later.

Also, I think elcid might be stronger i mean the guy killed 2 gods with a mising arm and then killed the 4 gods when they combined (granted he had help but still).
May 24, 2012 4:06 AM

Feb 2011
Damn, shit hit the fan.

Also overly cool megane-character incoming! Love him already.
May 24, 2012 10:03 AM

May 2011
This series is starting to get a little more interesting now. I guess even Golden Saints can show a side of disloyalty.
May 24, 2012 12:33 PM

Apr 2011
Hmm if i remembe from the original series the cloth themselves can leave the person wearing it if the user becomes unworthy of it right? So if this guy who is supposed to be undyingly loyal to athena chose to worship mars why hasn't the cloth left him? maybe this is a case of secretly working for athena like saga, camus, and shura did in order to ultimatley help her fight haddes in the original?

hmmmm... maybe. But remember: in the hades chapter, Saga wasn't wearing the Geminis cloth, it was that black thingy (related to Hades, i suppose), since, well, Kanon had the Geminis cloth n_n.
Oct 11, 2014 3:29 PM

Jun 2012
I cant believe the capricorn saint, which is supposed to be the most loyal saint, betrayed athena. :o thats a surprise.

And that old man is so damn foolish. Omitting kamuis the quality of a cloth is meaningless, seiya and the rest already prove this when they broke through the 12 temples.

Also I think this earth user might be my new favorite character in this show.
Nov 26, 2015 12:15 PM

Jun 2013
100 athena saints and no one knows how she reincarnated... war after war and NO ONE knows that Saori Kido is athena... a beach boy know who athena is but the entire sanctuary not... it's very incongruity for me...

More topics from this board

Poll: » Saint Seiya Omega Episode 58 Discussion

ShiroiRyu - May 18, 2013

31 by Vindicater »»
Jan 15, 7:06 PM

Poll: » Saint Seiya Omega Episode 57 Discussion

ShiroiRyu - May 11, 2013

19 by Vindicater »»
Jan 14, 3:41 AM

Poll: » Saint Seiya Omega Episode 56 Discussion

ShiroiRyu - May 4, 2013

24 by Vindicater »»
Jan 13, 6:00 AM

Poll: » Saint Seiya Omega Episode 54 Discussion

ShiroiRyu - Apr 20, 2013

14 by Vindicater »»
Jan 8, 6:23 PM

Poll: » Saint Seiya Omega Episode 53 Discussion

ShiroiRyu - Apr 13, 2013

27 by Vindicater »»
Jan 7, 3:45 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.