Forum Settings
Forums

Light Novel 'Onii-chan dakedo Ai sae Areba Kankei nai yo ne' To Be Animated

New
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »
May 18, 2012 10:25 AM

May 2008
Crap. I'm suckered into these types like ants on candy. I just can't stay away from the whole 'brother/sister complex' type. Will watch.

May 18, 2012 10:54 AM

Apr 2012
Read 3 volumes of the novel and enjoyed them so I'm looking forward to it.
May 18, 2012 11:02 AM

Jan 2011
How original, oh who am I kidding? It's just the same oni chan shit we get every year.
[center]
May 18, 2012 11:13 AM

Nov 2007
It's kind of feels like Onii-chan no Koto nanka Zenzen Suki Janain Dakara ne!! (less "Ore no imouto ga konnani Kawaii wake ga nai") just reading the title.
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
May 18, 2012 11:54 AM

Aug 2011
Incest + ecchi = QUALITY.

Good job, anime industry.
May 18, 2012 12:02 PM

Aug 2008
The soonest it come, the quickest we can forget this crap was made in the first place.
May 18, 2012 12:49 PM

Sep 2010
jmal said:
phoenixalia said:
Ovindel said:
^ Sums my opinion up pretty well.
I have to feeling authors are imitating each other by using the same kind of titles for the same kind of stories. Onii-chan dakedo... has even the same kind of cover as OreImo: http://myanimelist.net/manga/26533/ vs http://myanimelist.net/manga/13667/
but my question is don't they ever get BORED of it? I mean, I wouldn't exactly like being bombarded with shoujo anime with just yandere onii-chans!

Is it really so many, though?

Even if a particular genre/story element appears once every season, that comes out to, what, 4/~100 or 4% of a year's anime output? There are about 100 anime a year after all (more if you count various kids' shows). Having a couple series with similar themes over a period of a year or two is really not a large amount, and definitely not enough to get bored of unless you didn't like it all that much in the first place.

And most anime is by design aimed at each property's hardcore fanbase, with only a handful of shows getting Madoka/K-ON!/Haruhi-like super broad appeal. So if you really like romcom imouto anime, watching half a dozen over two years or whatever isn't much of an overdose, if at all.

What jmal said. But probably because "It's an anime with incest in it." it gets a lot of attention, whether it is positive or negative, or something like that. There are just people who like watching this type of anime or just want to laugh about how less sense it often makes.
Anyway, I'll probably end up watching this myself, I found Onii-chan no Koto... funny enough to watch and you never know what it is before you've watched it.

Shoujo anime with yandere onii-chan's, right, could be interesting. xD But these anime are rather the opposite of it though.
May 18, 2012 1:05 PM

Mar 2010
No...just no
May 18, 2012 1:08 PM

May 2011
I don't care if it's not original or overplayed; I just love imouto wincest stories.
May 18, 2012 1:58 PM
Jul 2018
MM-Rosiie said:
Kurini said:
I knew it was no good for me when I saw "onii-chan"

this...

The other Onii-chan show was FUCKING AWFUL!, 12 episodes wasted of my life.

Who does this show appeal to?!
May 18, 2012 2:20 PM

Nov 2008
i say i'm in
May 18, 2012 2:30 PM

Apr 2010
I'll watch this cuz incest is cool

May 18, 2012 3:13 PM

Jan 2012
MM-Rosiie said:
Kurini said:

this...

I hope they aren't "blood related". Looks interesting
May 18, 2012 3:37 PM

Nov 2009
Chances are high I will watch this even if I really don't want to...
May 18, 2012 5:00 PM

Oct 2009
I'm guessing this will be another cocktease series that doesn't deliver the wincest, unlike Yosuga no Sora.
Oh well, I'll watch it anyway.
May 18, 2012 5:06 PM

Sep 2011
Flamereel17 said:
MM-Rosiie said:
Kurini said:

this...

The other Onii-chan show was FUCKING AWFUL!, 12 episodes wasted of my life.

Who does this show appeal to?!

You mean the Onii-chan suki dakarene qdlsdjlakej something? Well that one WAS horrible, everything about it, the characters, the art, the design, the story, EVERYTHING.

Regardless, i'm giving this one a chance since it looks quite interesting.
May 18, 2012 5:09 PM
Observer

Nov 2007
Arg. Not another "onii-chan" in the title. :(
bla bla bla
The endless debate between fans and haters. At one point, after spending a lot of time on MAL, you just realize it's totally pointless.
Niko-kun said:
On MAL, everyone who has used the lame rating system becomes a critic and an intellectual by default, haven't you heard?
May 18, 2012 5:33 PM

Oct 2009
undead_blopa said:
Oh look! It's incest fanservice... again.
Nothing wrong with that.
May 18, 2012 5:43 PM

Nov 2011
bNq said:
MM-Rosiie said:
Kurini said:

this...

According to the synopsis they are. Better yet they are twins!

I don't know, I mean I won't knock it til I try it, but shows I've seen with a similar set up like this haven't turned out all that great. In fact I think one of the few I did enjoy that focused on a brother and sister was Ore no Imouto ga Konnani Kawaii Wake ga Nai. However, that focused more on the relationship of the brother and sister rather then a sister who is constantly trying to get down and dirty with her twin brother.

Plus Oreimo didn't exactly have ecchi, it's fan service was. . . tasteful. lol
I'm not going to knock it til I watch it though, so will be looking out for it. However, from what I have read from the synopsis and see from the genres it is listed under I have a pretty good idea of how it may play out. Still just going to wait and see!
Touch me, you filthy casual~
May 18, 2012 6:09 PM

Oct 2009
Ragix said:
bNq said:
MM-Rosiie said:
Kurini said:

this...

According to the synopsis they are. Better yet they are twins!
The best kind of incest!

Well, it could be even better if it had yuri.
May 18, 2012 6:12 PM

Sep 2011
taim said:
Higashi_no_Kaze said:
Will avoid.

MAL seriously needs to allow people to create "Won't watch" lists.

It also needs a "Block specific type of users" system.
May 18, 2012 6:14 PM
Oct 2011
taim said:
Higashi_no_Kaze said:
Will avoid.

If that happened, then my list on that would be infinitely large.

But back on topic here, there's no way no how that I'll watch this anime...at least not if MAL users rate it anything less than an "8".

*sigh* Why must every season have at lest one of this type of anime? If this continues than I fear for the future of Japanese animation x_X
May 18, 2012 6:17 PM

Sep 2011
souske88 said:
taim said:
Higashi_no_Kaze said:
Will avoid.

If that happened, then my list on that would be infinitely large.

But back on topic here, there's no way no how that I'll watch this anime...at least not if MAL users rate it anything less than an "8".

*sigh* Why must every season have at lest one of this type of anime? If this continues than I fear for the future of Japanese animation x_X

Because there is high demand and it's popular?
May 18, 2012 6:29 PM

Oct 2010
SurferDude said:
I'm guessing this will be another cocktease series that doesn't deliver the wincest
That would sadden me.
May 18, 2012 6:43 PM
Nov 2010
Oh look, haters everywhere! What a surprise! They even brought NEW MATERIAL this time!

If this is actually relevant to an incest vs love theme, then I will enjoy this a lot. If this is another Onii-chan Zenzen, then I might still enjoy it anyway.
May 18, 2012 6:46 PM

Oct 2009
Haters gunna hate.
May 18, 2012 7:06 PM

Dec 2010
SV-Sakuya said:
SurferDude said:
I'm guessing this will be another cocktease series that doesn't deliver the wincest
That would sadden me.

Yet to see anything top Yosuga no Sora, but hope for the best anyways.

Gogetters said:
Haters gunna hate.

Word.
May 18, 2012 8:49 PM

Jul 2008
This certainly looks interesting , definitely going to watch it.
May 18, 2012 9:14 PM

Jun 2008
Hypeeeee!
Big fan of the series. Though it will only be 12-13 episodes at best.
May 18, 2012 9:16 PM

Jun 2008
DraconisMarch said:

Hellz yeah.

I'm just happy they're blood-related. I hate it when authors try to do the incest thing but then go all PC with "Oh but they're not blood-related so it's okay."
May 18, 2012 9:21 PM

Jun 2010
lol OniAi. I liked the light novel, so this is definitely going on my watchlist.
May 18, 2012 9:23 PM

Jun 2010
Redfoxoffire said:
DraconisMarch said:

Hellz yeah.

I'm just happy they're blood-related. I hate it when authors try to do the incest thing but then go all PC with "Oh but they're not blood-related so it's okay."

correct me if i'm wrong but..
May 18, 2012 9:57 PM

Jun 2008
seyrine said:
Redfoxoffire said:
DraconisMarch said:

Hellz yeah.

Oops. Guess I'm not watching it anymore.
May 19, 2012 4:14 AM

May 2008
will probably watch this!
May 19, 2012 5:28 AM

Aug 2011
This show needs Hanazawa Kana.
May 19, 2012 1:15 PM

Nov 2011
Redfoxoffire said:
seyrine said:
Redfoxoffire said:
DraconisMarch said:

Hellz yeah.

Yup, same here! Just from that I can tell how the WHOLE story is going to play out. (Still probably going to watch though. lol)
I hate spoiler tags, it's like just asking to be read and makes me read it whether I want to or not. T_T
Touch me, you filthy casual~
May 20, 2012 6:00 AM

Apr 2010
Definitely a must watch in my list. Been looking forward to this. I hope they pick the right studio ..
May 22, 2012 5:03 PM

Jan 2012
I'm in~ :3
May 23, 2012 1:38 AM

Aug 2011
Ragix said:
Redfoxoffire said:
seyrine said:
Redfoxoffire said:
DraconisMarch said:

Hellz yeah.

Yup, same here! Just from that I can tell how the WHOLE story is going to play out. (Still probably going to watch though. lol)
I hate spoiler tags, it's like just asking to be read and makes me read it whether I want to or not. T_T

But there is 1 'thing' in the story that makes it more fun than others(for me, since I didn't exactly expected that and that thing has turn me into someone who like the story other than loving the slice of lifeish parts)

♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥
May 23, 2012 2:56 AM
Nov 2010
You don't watch it for the story though....Actually there's hardly any story!

It's a dialogue heavy novel and strengths are on word-play, sentence structure (that distinguishes characters) and your standard LN serve of references etc.

I don't even think there will be much ecchi in it at all, what you get is a super energetic brocon sister that always says the wrong things, but is nevertheless very very cute.

Because of the above, the seiyuu choice will make or break this.
May 23, 2012 3:38 AM

Dec 2010
These are just becoming annoying now...
Jul 10, 2012 9:19 PM

Jun 2012
Sweeet, excited about this.
Jul 27, 2012 12:32 AM

Jul 2012
potplant said:

It's a dialogue heavy novel

Yes.
potplant said:

and strengths are on word-play, sentence structure (that distinguishes characters) and your standard LN serve of references etc.

Oh hell yes.
potplant said:

I don't even think there will be much ecchi in it at all,

Helllll yes.

potplant said:

what you get is a super energetic brocon sister that always says the wrong things, but is nevertheless very very cute.

Well, I'm watching this show.
Aug 1, 2012 5:18 AM
Mar 2010
potplant said:

Because of the above, the seiyuu choice will make or break this.

well we have the promo video....what do you think of the seiyuu?
Check out the News Club for daily rankings, discussion on future CD and BD releases, manga and novels. New members are welcome!
Aug 1, 2012 7:58 AM

Feb 2012
Ecchi and Harem? Awesome.
Moe characters? Awesome
Chihara Minori and Kitamura Eri as leads? Awesome
Must watch? Fuck yea

Haters gonna hate
Aug 1, 2012 8:19 AM

Feb 2010
I'm very much uninterested in this.
I probably regret this post by now.
Aug 7, 2012 11:48 PM

Jun 2012
another one lol...but given the fact that i'm a fan of incest i'll watch this....and also given the fact that i never drop an anime no matter what you know i'll watch it haha
Aug 8, 2012 12:25 AM

Aug 2010
As long as all of them have long hairs, it doesn't matter if it has a bit of harem and incest, right?

I might just watch this :D
Aug 8, 2012 11:19 AM
Aug 2012
if you're watching this for the ecchi/harem/incest aspect, you're doing it wrong.

this series shine on the heavy dialogue, banter, puns, and comedy based interaction between characters (usually 1 vs 1). Its arc-liked, but plotless, style of comedic and sexual bantering rivals (or even better) than the monogatari series.

There are no settings, no actions, no movements. Just words words words. I am quite curious how the studio will handle the animation because otherwise, most of the scene would literally be 2 characters standing still talking all episodes long with few gestures and exaggerations here and there.

This series will either be AOTY or be complete crap if the studio or VA fails to draw out the dynamics between the distinct character speech and bantering of the characters
bighandxyzAug 8, 2012 11:28 AM
Aug 9, 2012 10:01 PM

Aug 2011
bighandxyz said:
if you're watching this for the ecchi/harem/incest aspect, you're doing it wrong.

this series shine on the heavy dialogue, banter, puns, and comedy based interaction between characters (usually 1 vs 1). Its arc-liked, but plotless, style of comedic and sexual bantering rivals (or even better) than the monogatari series.

There are no settings, no actions, no movements. Just words words words. I am quite curious how the studio will handle the animation because otherwise, most of the scene would literally be 2 characters standing still talking all episodes long with few gestures and exaggerations here and there.

This series will either be AOTY or be complete crap if the studio or VA fails to draw out the dynamics between the distinct character speech and bantering of the characters
this makes it slightly more interesting then. I've been seeing way too many 'onii-chan' crap lately.
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »

More topics from this board

» '2.5-jigen no Ririsa' Reveals Additional Pair of Cast, Two Consecutive Cours

DatRandomDude - 5 hours ago

4 by yamiyugi101 »»
24 minutes ago

» 'Arifureta Shokugyou de Sekai Saikyou' Season 3 Unveils Additional Cast, First Promo

Hyperion_PS - Apr 21

3 by ToyaMochizuki »»
3 hours ago

» GoHands Produces Original TV Anime 'Momentary Lily' for Winter 2025

DatRandomDude - Yesterday

16 by Jonas-K »»
4 hours ago

» Spring 2024 Simulcast List [Update 4/18]

Snow - Apr 5

28 by infanf »»
4 hours ago

» Manga 'Senpai ga Uzai Kouhai no Hanashi' Ends with 13th Volume

Hyperion_PS - Yesterday

8 by AddaeAkono »»
7 hours ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.