Forums
New
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »
Jul 27, 2012 3:14 PM
Feb 2008
Shishio-kun said:
Lirina said:
I get a an error message when I want to unzip the file?

Did you download it in full? Also you probably need WinRar to unzip it, just google it cuz its free and fast.

I'm sorry the unziping probably wasn't the problem as I thought first since I have the files, but I can't open any of them.
LirinaJul 27, 2012 3:29 PM
Jul 27, 2012 5:02 PM

Feb 2010
Lirina said:
Shishio-kun said:
Lirina said:
I get a an error message when I want to unzip the file?

Did you download it in full? Also you probably need WinRar to unzip it, just google it cuz its free and fast.

I'm sorry the unziping probably wasn't the problem as I thought first since I have the files, but I can't open any of them.

Ok I just downloaded it myself and I can't get it to run either.

Nothing appears to happen with I run it, choose open, or click it. It seems to be open based on the computer's responses to when I try to delete the folder after but I'm not seeing the program anywhere. Before when I clicked on the Death Note icon I got the program with the background pic of a girl running to school with bread in her mouth. The last time I used this was the early version and on the same Windows 7 OS.
Jul 28, 2012 12:11 AM

Jan 2012
Now troubles are solved! Download and enjoy! But remember if your progress is freezes while you extracting CSS it means that your anime/manga titles doesn't present in the database and downloaded from the Internet that may take some time
Jul 28, 2012 4:56 AM

Feb 2010
Hahaido said:
Now troubles are solved! Download and enjoy! But remember if your progress is freezes while you extracting CSS it means that your anime/manga titles doesn't present in the database and downloaded from the Internet that may take some time

It is solved, it opens normally now.
Jul 28, 2012 3:38 PM
Feb 2008
It's still the same, when I click on "style" nothing happens. That's what I'm supposed to do isn't it?
Jul 28, 2012 9:56 PM

Jan 2012
First, reload the program from the 1st post link. Unpack. If your system setting on duble-click then clik twice on the program icon. I have few computers with several OS and this app runs everyplace
HahaidoJul 28, 2012 10:01 PM
Oct 6, 2012 1:58 PM

Aug 2012
Thanks a lot for the generator... works like a charm :)
I never go back on my words... that's my NINDO... MY NINJA WAY!!!
Visit my deviantART Gallery
Oct 11, 2012 12:56 PM

Apr 2011
Is the AnimeBase.dat not updated? Because some covers won't show: For example Another, Kimi to Boku 2 etc.
Courage is the magic that turns dreams into reality.

One of life's greatest blessings, is the freedom to pursue one's goals.

We are all walking through a wonderfull dream, a dream called youth.

The very key is needed to unlock the courage which resides in everyone.
Oct 11, 2012 10:52 PM

Jan 2012
Sudenri said:
Is the AnimeBase.dat not updated?

It's updated but I forgot to update exe file. Fixed. Reload the app.
Oct 12, 2012 3:03 PM

Apr 2011
With reload, do you mean: Just turn it on again? Becaus I did, and some covers still won't show.

I even tried redownloading.

Oct 12, 2012 11:24 PM

Jan 2012
Sudenri said:
With reload, do you mean: Just turn it on again? Becaus I did, and some covers still won't show.
I even tried redownloading.

I mean redownloading the app. Which covers don't show? A couple examples, please
Oct 13, 2012 4:04 AM

Apr 2011
Yeah, Tried redownloading, didnt work.

Examples:
- Another
- Another: OVA
- Kimi to Boku 2 (Kimi to Boku 1 does work)
- Dog Days' (Dog Days does work)
- Tasogare Otome x Amnesia
- The iDOLM@STER
- Bakuman 3
- Chitose get you!

Although, By reloading, some covers which first didn't show up, does show up now; for example Inazuma Eleven GO the Movie.

Oct 13, 2012 5:31 AM

Jan 2012
Sudenri said:
Yeah, Tried redownloading, didnt work.

The trouble is not in the app. In your CSS you have 2 lines:

that means you have 2 lists with generated covers CSS. For example The iDOLM@STER cover doesn't show because your Anime list downloads an empty picture link from http://dl.dropbox.com/u/49469857/MAL/premade/anime.css (must be deleted). You need just one import link with generated covers CSS.
HahaidoOct 13, 2012 5:35 AM
Oct 13, 2012 3:31 PM

Apr 2011
Woot, Thanks! It worked. Weird though. I did try to remove http://dl.dropbox.com/u/49469857/MAL/premade/anime.css, but when I did that, it only showed the "no picture found"-picture. So I left it as it was. Oh well, Everything's fixed now.

Thank you for your time!

Oct 27, 2012 9:59 AM

Apr 2011
Can anyone explain me how the "Update CSS" exactly work? Because I used this function to update my CSS. But wouldn't I need to re-upload the .css file to dropbox, which gets a new link. And which I still have to re-update my List Style?

Oct 27, 2012 12:59 PM
Manga DB Admin
Aug 2012
Sudenri said:
Can anyone explain me how the "Update CSS" exactly work? Because I used this function to update my CSS. But wouldn't I need to re-upload the .css file to dropbox, which gets a new link. And which I still have to re-update my List Style?

I never used "Update CSS", but I dont think you need to re-update your list style. When i made a change on my list and re-uploaded the .css to dropbox, it had the same link.
Oct 27, 2012 2:24 PM

Apr 2011
Youjinbou said:
Sudenri said:

I never used "Update CSS", but I dont think you need to re-update your list style. When i made a change on my list and re-uploaded the .css to dropbox, it had the same link.

Hmm... I see.

Oct 27, 2012 3:13 PM

Feb 2010
Is there a way to use this to generate the top 5000 titles on this or something similar, or to generate the entire database?
Oct 27, 2012 11:05 PM

Jan 2012
Sudenri said:
Can anyone explain me how the "Update CSS" exactly work?

When you're using "Update CSS" function the generated CSS code is adding at the bottom of your CSS designs code on MAL server and you can see it at the Advanced Style CSS Editor. You don't need to update .css file on Dropbox or else. You don't need a separate .css file at all.

Shishio-kun said:
Is there a way to use this to generate the top 5000 titles on this or something similar, or to generate the entire database?
Yes, there is a developers version of the app. I'll prepare it and send you the link
Oct 28, 2012 3:40 AM

Apr 2011
Hahaido said:
Sudenri said:
Can anyone explain me how the "Update CSS" exactly work?

When you're using "Update CSS" function the generated CSS code is adding at the bottom of your CSS designs code on MAL server and you can see it at the Advanced Style CSS Editor. You don't need to update .css file on Dropbox or else. You don't need a separate .css file at all.

I see. So only clicking the Update CSS is enough (+ password etc)

Dec 9, 2012 2:04 PM

Apr 2011
Question: Is the Database not up to date? Because the generator doesn't show a cover for "Accel World EX".

Dec 9, 2012 10:43 PM

Jan 2012
Sudenri said:
Question: Is the Database not up to date? Because the generator doesn't show a cover for "Accel World EX".

Perhaps. Because new titles comes every day and database updating takes a lot of time. I'll update it soon!
Dec 10, 2012 9:57 AM

Apr 2011
Hahaido said:
Sudenri said:

Perhaps. Because new titles comes every day and database updating takes a lot of time. I'll update it soon!

I see. Thank you for your hard work!

Dec 11, 2012 9:35 PM

Jan 2012
Hmmm... some messages were gone! Well, I don't remember who but someone posted that the app doesn't generate cover for Accel World Ex. I tried and it working. Are you download the latest version?
HahaidoDec 11, 2012 10:54 PM
Dec 12, 2012 11:41 AM

Apr 2011
It was due to rollback, I think. It was me who posted regarding Accel World EX.

Haha, Forgot to keep updating the generator xD Still the generator from a couple of monthes ago.

Thanks for pointing it out.

EDIT: It worked now & somehow the missing posts are back o.O"
SudenriDec 12, 2012 11:48 AM

Jan 30, 2013 8:34 PM

Feb 2011
This doesn't work for me. :(
Jan 30, 2013 8:50 PM

Feb 2010
dperolio said:

Maybe cuz your list is set to private. Undo that and try again.
Jan 30, 2013 9:02 PM

Feb 2011
Shishio-kun said:
dperolio said:

Hey, I'm not that stupid. D:

I set my list to public and it ran okay. But when it finished, I couldn't see any CSS or export anything.
Jan 30, 2013 9:14 PM

Feb 2010
dperolio said:
Shishio-kun said:
dperolio said:

Hey, I'm not that stupid. D:

I set my list to public and it ran okay. But when it finished, I couldn't see any CSS or export anything.

I don't think you're stupid, but I'm going to assume that cuz your list is set to private atm it may be due to that lol. I tried to extract your list title data with the program but I can't for some reason, no other difference from other lists except its set to private.

After you put your name in the username box and hit Go! the first time, it collects all your anime list title data. Then you highlight More or AnimeTitle and click Go! again. Your list's more CSS comes up in the CSS tab which you have to click then copy to the clipboard then into your own import CSS.

I think Hahaido has a specific tutorial for this in his topic here, or maybe in one of the reply posts.
http://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=443937&show=0#msg14891265
Apr 21, 2013 8:03 AM

Apr 2011
Uhm... Sorry for bothering. But some pictures doesn't get generated when I use the generator. Instead of the anime picture, I see nothing. Even not the "There-is-no-picture-available-picture". Couple of examples are: Love Live, Chitose Get You! and more. If you go to my animelist, you'll notice those black spots.

Also, I was wondering if it was possible to write the codes myself? I've been trying to figure the CSS codes, but I can't seem to decipher everything.

Thank you for your hard work!

Apr 21, 2013 9:08 AM

Jan 2012
Redownload the app and try to generate covers again. What codes do you want to rewrite?
Apr 22, 2013 4:17 PM

Apr 2011
It worked. Thanks!

Not really rewriting, but adding the codes manually instead of starting the app the whole time. Was just wondering if that's possible.

Apr 22, 2013 9:23 PM

Jan 2012
You can just import my premade covers list. It contain covers for all animes in MAL base
Jul 12, 2013 11:23 PM

Jan 2012
New version is now available! A download link in the 1st post

New features
generate codes for :before and :after CSS
generate CSS for titles that doesn't counted in stats
Aug 20, 2013 11:03 PM

Apr 2012
Whats the difference between use normal, before and after to generate the covers list? I mean, is there any benefit of use :before for the covers instead the normal way?
Aug 20, 2013 11:48 PM

Jan 2012
:before and :after are necessary for .hide to apply additional effects. For example, in this style
http://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=606105
I have covers background and covers. If you use normal .hide selector to animate them, then a background and a cover will have the same animation, because .hide is a parent for .hide:before and .hide:after. To animate a background and a cover different ways need additional selectors :before and :after
In case with .animetitle additional selectors need to add a cover without moving titles
Aug 29, 2013 12:20 PM

Feb 2010
I'm starting to make a tutorial and basic codes for ppl to use the anime title after codes in order to have the hover display but without losing the more button, but I've ran into a problem! I need the anime title to run stay on the table and not move to where the cover pic is. Is there a way to do this? Here's my code I'm currently tinkering with and we'll resume work on tomorrow.

You will have to use it on my list through Firebug as the aftercss is for my list and the first code is one that needs to be imported so it won't show up in the average CSS edit box.

Example with lines showing what I'm trying to do: http://i.imgur.com/LDQHJDJ.png

Shishio-kunAug 29, 2013 12:23 PM
Aug 29, 2013 9:12 PM

Jan 2012
Maybe I don't get it right but how do you want to keep titles position inside a table when using following code?

#list_surround table:nth-of-type(n+4) tbody:hover .animetitle{
display: block;
position: fixed;
left: 0px;
top: 10px;
width: 200px;
height: 300px;
}

titles move to the top left when you hover on
Oct 30, 2013 3:19 PM

Feb 2010
The recent security changes on MAL seem to also affect this program (the other being U531355's) and prevent it from loading the covers CSS for a list. I've tried it several times and it never loads anything.

So I guess in the meantime until a way is found to generate CSS for your lists again or programs, you'll have to make do with already generated cover CSS rather than making your own if you were trying to fill in all the covers on your list.

I would use one made recently that fills in the most titles on your list. You can get one of the lists in the premade lists topic:
http://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=318587

or just copy one off someone else's list. To do that, simply right click a users list and choose View Page Source. Beginning at line 16 or so you should see an import line similar to

@import "https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/78340470/anime.css";

if they're using covers. For manga lists, it will say manga where it says anime.

Also wait to see if programs can be changed to allow this, other solutions are brought up, and if more changes occur on MAL.
Oct 31, 2013 10:17 AM

Jan 2012
I fixed the app. But if you will use it many times at once I can't guarantee that it will work
Nov 1, 2013 1:50 PM

Feb 2010
Hahaido said:
I fixed the app. But if you will use it many times at once I can't guarantee that it will work

Sorry but I still haven't been able to get it to work after downloading it again. Did you update the download link with a newer version, its ver 1.8 currently.
Nov 1, 2013 9:56 PM

Jan 2012
Yes, I updated the link. Strange, the app worked but not at the moment. I'll check it again
Nov 2, 2013 12:15 AM

Feb 2010
Hahaido said:
Yes, I updated the link. Strange, the app worked but not at the moment. I'll check it again

Alright thanks for your hard work! Hopefully they will be finished soon and you can work without more unplanned changes interrupting this brilliant program.
Nov 2, 2013 3:58 AM

Jan 2012
Huh, now it works! But for reasons I don't understand it doesn't work for all titles in your list until you switch your default list category to all anime
Nov 2, 2013 6:44 AM

Jan 2012
100% worked!
Nov 2, 2013 8:44 PM
Luny Tunes

Feb 2012
Is it safe?? I tried downloading Hahaido's covers generator but my avast antivirus keeps blocking the download, saying that a suspicious item has been detected. :(
Nov 2, 2013 9:55 PM

Feb 2010
LunyRed said:
Is it safe?? I tried downloading Hahaido's covers generator but my avast antivirus keeps blocking the download, saying that a suspicious item has been detected. :(

Yeah its safe. I use Avast too and scanned the folder myself to show its safe, pic here:
http://i.imgur.com/FdxuHus.png

Its coming up suspicious because its a "false positive", files that are self-extracting (or something like that) tend to get these warnings. I sent Avast a report that this particular file was mistaken as unsafe since they give u that option.

To download and use this file you may need to disable the Avast add-on and Shield Control for 10 minutes. For the shield controls, just right click the icon on your toolbar.
Nov 2, 2013 10:04 PM

Feb 2010
Hahaido said:
100% worked!

Yes, it did work, nice!
Nov 3, 2013 1:58 AM
Luny Tunes

Feb 2012
Shishio-kun said:
Yeah its safe. I use Avast too and scanned the folder myself to show its safe, pic here:
http://i.imgur.com/FdxuHus.png

Its coming up suspicious because its a "false positive", files that are self-extracting (or something like that) tend to get these warnings. I sent Avast a report that this particular file was mistaken as unsafe since they give u that option.

To download and use this file you may need to disable the Avast add-on and Shield Control for 10 minutes. For the shield controls, just right click the icon on your toolbar.

OK, I did what you told me and it worked! I was able to download and extract the compressed file successfully. Thanks a lot!

I ran the program to generate covers for my manga list first and it was a success! Well, not really 100%.. I still have empty cover images in my list, like, for example: the Mahouka Koukou no Rettousei (Enrollment arc) manga and the Pandora Hearts manga don't have covers in my list. Manga such as Watamote and Yotsubato! already have new covers but the covers in my manga list for these two are old images. Would it work if I replace the image URLs in the CSS by editing it manually using Notepad...? Before MAL upgraded their security, I used to edit the image URLs manually in the CSS using Notepad and it was working back then. Not sure about now..

It would take a while to generate covers for my anime list that has over 1800 entries.
Nov 3, 2013 11:44 PM

Jan 2012
Try it now, I've updated the bases. Download the app again first
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »

More topics from this board

» [CSS - MODERN] ⚡️ Fully-Customizable Layouts (2023 updates!) ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Shishio-kun - Jul 21, 2017

359 by CLModerno »»
May 5, 7:50 PM

» [CSS - MODERN] Add side renders to list layouts (including for each category!)

Shishio-kun - May 15, 2021

3 by gwynsyl »»
May 5, 1:41 PM

» ❓ Ask for help here + See Frequently Asked Questions ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Shishio-kun - Apr 15, 2010

7819 by Nunphell »»
May 5, 12:35 PM

» [HALL OF LEGENDS] Hacker09, MyAnimeList's #1 coder!

Shishio-kun - Dec 10, 2023

9 by hacker09 »»
May 2, 9:29 PM

Sticky: » 💚 [REPAIR STICKY] Repair/speed up a design + Request a layout fix

Shishio-kun - Nov 17, 2023

1 by Zelathis »»
Apr 29, 7:49 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.