Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 9, 2012 10:04 PM

May 2010
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Did that Barbie doll seriously blink..?
Even when I was in crowd, I was always alone
Apr 7, 2016 6:45 PM

Nov 2015
^ exactly what I'm thinking. Pretty creepy
and i guess

that i just don't know
Aug 15, 2016 8:53 PM

Jan 2013
Hmm, well nothing is ever as dire as it seems in this anime.

I really liked the OST this episode
Sep 25, 2017 12:39 PM
Nov 2015
After some really shitty episodes, I'm beginning to like this show. The triple episodes of 10, 11 and 12 are good!

I like the way they used the steps up the hill from ep 1 to help Kasuga find Madoka.

And how they left ambivalent how Madoka wasn't really planning to move overseas forever. It could be that she changed her mind at the last minute and acted as though everyone had misunderstood, just to not worry Kasuga. This is one instance that I really like Madoka.

It seemed such a perfect occasion for Kasuga to confess though.

Nice to see more of Madoka's background. I had hated her and thought her character too perfect. But knowing that she's from a musical family, it all makes sense. Cuz I know how artistic people can be really quiet, mature, self-confident, have really special air about them, get to know and earn respect from all sorts of people, even gangsters.
Jul 17, 2021 7:52 PM

Apr 2019
This episode was calmer.
Madoka looks like she's never going to be honest with Kyousuke. She obviously gave up going to America because of him.
Jan 15, 2022 11:25 PM

Jan 2018
This episode was intense in terms of what was at stake. Wish we'd get more episodes like this once in a while between the silly ones.

The music and insert songs in this anime are so good. I don't get why insert songs are plentiful in 80's anime but are close to uncommon in modern anime. It's like the average anime today wants to be carried by its animation alone and don't focus more on the OST so we get forgettable pieces. Why can't we have both?

I wonder if Madoka actually left for good would Kyosuke actually fall for Hikaru? I think that's unlikely but the next episode might change my mind. I hate her laughs. Sounds like a she-horse.

Edit- Rewatching this episode after a few months. It still holds up.
0451May 24, 2022 12:21 PM
Jan 3, 2023 2:42 AM

Feb 2016
I re-watched this episode today too, and man, it's better than I remember. I always thought it was a nice episode, but the mood, music, and framing certainly elevated things. 
The characterization of our three leads is particularly strong in this episode, too, with Madoka's mysterious facade being chipped away - Also, Kyosuke was written to be caring and earnest, which is how I like to remember him. (Rather than jealous or perverted as he is in other moments)
The mood up to the swingset scene was good as it was, but that scene really solidified things for me... Sure, it was technically a misunderstanding, but it's relatable coming of age moments like this that really shine in this show.

"Jenina" is still one of the best songs in the series, by the way. Maybe I'm just easily moved by good music!
Jan 9, 5:36 AM

Jul 2023
As expected, Madoka wasn't going anywhere. She was pulling a prank, and she was successful.

While it's not as funny as the previous episode, which relied in Kasuga making a total fool of himself, this episode pulls off an almost confession but not quite. And perhaps to the original tv viewers who were waiting each week for a new episode, this was a welcome development.

Some of the animation depicting faceless crowds of people are stunning as well as the level of detail with blowing leaves.
patkarununganJan 9, 5:40 AM

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kimagure Orange Road Episode 48 Discussion

Ston3_FreeN7 - Oct 23, 2009

38 by patkarunungan »»
Apr 12, 4:18 AM

Poll: » Kimagure Orange Road Episode 47 Discussion

21 by patkarunungan »»
Apr 12, 3:40 AM

Poll: » Kimagure Orange Road Episode 46 Discussion

9 by patkarunungan »»
Apr 11, 10:50 PM

Poll: » Kimagure Orange Road Episode 45 Discussion

16 by patkarunungan »»
Apr 11, 9:22 PM

Poll: » Kimagure Orange Road Episode 44 Discussion

Ston3_FreeN7 - Oct 22, 2009

13 by patkarunungan »»
Apr 11, 5:29 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.