5.3%
21.1%
47.4%
19 votes
May 7, 2012 10:47 AM

Feb 2012
My Top 3 worthless Anime Characters
3-Sakura Haruno[Naruto Whole Series]-i dont even know why she is the series :/

2-Tsunade[Naruto Shippuden(not part 1)]-she couldnt touch Pein and then Choji's dad had the nerve to say she's the only remaining Sannin left becuase she's amazing? All she did was drink and gamble the whole shippuden series.

1-Yamcha[DBZ]-he's even worthless that Krillin cause at least Krillin does something to contribute to the fight.

That's my top 3. Sorry it wasnt longer since i made this in like 40 secs and just u name the characters on the top of my head
So what are your top 3 worthless characters,

Also keep in mind that this is my personal opnion, except Yamacha...ithink we can all agree with that derp :/

Mod Edit 1: Deleted off-topic posts and edited OP for off-topicness as well. Also closed poll as it had nothing to do with the thread.

Mod Edit 2: This is not a simple listing thread. Please explain your choices and/or discuss other choices.
LunaMay 2, 2013 10:30 AM
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
May 7, 2012 10:51 AM

Sep 2010
1. Flay Alster- Gundam SEED
2. Shirley Fennette- Code Geass
3. Yuuna Seiran- Gundam SEED Destiny

These three are the most useless annoying pieces of shit I've seen. They did little to nothing that just took up screentime.
"What has two arms, two legs, and is alive? Not your favorite character lol! xD"
May 7, 2012 10:54 AM
Dec 2011
If I remember right, Sakura was the only reason their was a story in Tsubasa. Without her the series would not really have a story. I guess you could have done it with just the samurai and wizard, but I don't think it would have worked as well.

I will give you Yamcha though.
May 7, 2012 10:56 AM

Feb 2012
jojovonjo said:
If I remember right, Sakura was the only reason their was a story in Tsubasa. Without her the series would not really have a story. I guess you could have done it with just the samurai and wizard, but I don't think it would have worked as well.

I will give you Yamcha though.

I still think she's worthless but i changed it to Haruno as you can see.
May 7, 2012 11:19 AM

Sep 2010
I would like someone to explain to me what "worthless" means in this thread.
Someone who doesn't fight or win fights?
Someone that doesn't play an important role in the story?

I don't see how Sakura or Tsunade are either. Yamacha(DBZ/GT) is a maybe.

May 7, 2012 11:26 AM
May 2010
Anime_Name People can move the story along and still be totally worthless inside the story.
Worships Asparagus.
May 7, 2012 11:31 AM

Sep 2010
Which is why I asked for some defining of worthless.
To me anyone playing an important role such as leader, quest giver, love interest, rival, etc are all important to a story and their role is what makes the character's worth to the story and possibly other subplots.
What is coming across to me is that words like boring or annoying would be more fitting.

May 7, 2012 11:31 AM

May 2010
Lol hard to say, in Naruto if you don't have super eye powers you are considered cannon filler.
Even when I was in crowd, I was always alone
May 7, 2012 11:33 AM

Jun 2008
How can Tsunade be more worthless than Sakura? She taught her, lol.

Can't think of any atm. Most of them powers up at some point. I guess you can say Shirley in Code Geass. She had like no role whatsoever except being hated by fans and Rolo alike. She's probably the most normal person in the show, hence why she can be called useless by many.

I liked her tho.
May 7, 2012 11:41 AM

Aug 2010
But the main character doesn't have eye hax yet,
May 7, 2012 11:49 AM

Dec 2011
Tonton from Naruto/Shippuden.

You can't possibly get more useless than that. Unless someone actually does eat him eventually.

It doesn't matter what definition you give for useless. Tonton fits it perfectly.
There is no such thing as shit taste. Only idiots who think everyone should have the same taste as they do.
May 7, 2012 11:49 AM
May 2010
@Anime_Name, that is because you are either incapable of or unwilling to view the story from inside instead of outside.

Considering how you normally post, its probably just you choose not to.
Worships Asparagus.
May 7, 2012 11:54 AM
Jul 2018
Kazumi Yoshida (Shana) Outside of creating a pointless love triangle for Yuji, she was pointless and annoying

That vampire hunter in Vampire Knight (don't remember his name but I think he was Zero's teacher) because he turned up and I expected him to do some badass vamp killing but he didn't do anything at all. Even during the action scenes in "Guilty" he just kind of ...sat around.

And Alice from Highschool of the Dead. Just there to be the loli with the cute mascot dog.
May 7, 2012 11:55 AM

May 2010
KeiranShikari said:
But the main character doesn't have eye hax yet,

Okay, anyone who doesn't have a pokemon sealed inside of them or have plot eye powers.
Even when I was in crowd, I was always alone
May 7, 2012 12:00 PM

Oct 2010
Well, the only character that really comes to mind is Hitomi, from Madoka Magica. But I agree that the thread is kind of vague.
May 7, 2012 12:03 PM
Sep 2011
ZBurn said:

1-Yamcha[DBZ]-he's even worthless that Krillin cause at least Krillin does something to contribute to the fight.

Gotta agree with Yamcha. in old DB Yamcha played the role of "Weak character used to show how strong the enemy is." But now that that role belongs to Krillin. He fails so hard that he somehow lost his girlfriend to a homicidal maniac from space, just cause the plot wanted said homicidal maniac in it.

Madoka Kaname is an understandable case of useless. Her universe is tailor-made to screw people over no matter what they do, so it's not unreasonable for her to do nothing but stand around and cry. She basically exists just to piggy-back on the plot without doing anything. Everyone else fights for her, Sayaka suffers so she won't have to. And of course, she serves as Homura's motivation.

Mayuri Shiina is pretty much the same only ten times as ditzy and useless. In a show full of geniuses, time travelers and maddo scientistu, Mayuri sticks out more than Misa in Death Note. Her entire role is just to look cute and do cute things like her Tuturu and her stardust handshake. Half the time she's just like "I don't know what's going on~". And of course, like Madoka, the motivation for Okabe.
May 7, 2012 12:07 PM

Nov 2010
Anime_Name said:

I don't see how Sakura or Tsunade are either. Yamacha(DBZ/GT) is a maybe.

1 because everybody thinks sakura is a whining bitch so everybody says she is useless (she is a MEDICAL NINJA that's like saying hospitals don't serve a real purpous...) but hey
tsunade... same as sakura, hell who is sakura's master? and the hokage (for non naruto people leader of the vilage) beeing a useless character... yeah ok...

and yamcha... would have felt a bit wrong to leave him out in DBZ because he played a bit of a role in dragonball :D GT just an other filler char xD

but like Anime_Name said... explain to us what "worthless" means in this thread.

just because you think they are anoying doesn't make them useless...

so (again) i'm with Anime_Name
May 7, 2012 12:25 PM

Feb 2012
Worthless/Useless is really subjective. However, there are times when calling a character useless is just plain wrong and downright biased.

Tsunade for example isn't useless because she's important to the story:

- She's one of the sannin
- She makes a better Hokage than Jiraiya ( And Jiraiya is one of my favs in the show )
- Changed the ninja world by not only being the greatest medical nin, but also suggesting that every team must have a medical nin, saving countless lives
- She saved Naruto's life
- She healed Kakashi when he fought Itachi
- She minimized casualties when Pain attacked by healing the wounded
- Because of her, Sasuke wasn't killed when he left the village
- She's important to Naruto

Basically, a lot of characters in Naruto would be badly injured or dead if it weren't for her. Calling her useless is just plain ignorance or bias on your part.

The truly 'useless' characters are those that are mostly side characters like TenTen. Basically, characters with little screen time. Any character with a decent amount of screen time has some purpose in a story so they can't truly be useless. You may view them that way, but they are there for a reason.

Thread should be renamed 'Most useless side character' imo. I agree with Yamcha since he served no true purpose other than comic relief. Same with Tien. Now those are truly useless characters because you could replace them with someone else and would have little effect to the plot.

YveseMay 7, 2012 12:38 PM
May 7, 2012 12:46 PM

Apr 2012
In DBZ Yamcha is really useless xD
Not sure if he was useless in DB as well, though...

In Naruto, Tenten. I don't remeber her winning a important fight alone (unlike most of the others characters). She's more important in Naruto SD: Rock Lee than in Naruto Shippuden xD

And another useless character is Matsuda, from Death Note. He never helped on the investigation, sometimes he's just screwed up everything and he was always against L's methods.
The only important thing he did was:
May 7, 2012 12:56 PM

Feb 2012
Okay heres why i think Tsunade is a Fail and Worthless.
Tsunade sucks becuase even if she was tired out she was gettin her ass handed to her by kabuto in part one. the same kabuto who basically shit his pants in the presence of a 12 year old Sasuke.
She sucks because she poisoned jiyaria in part 1.
She sucks becuase as hogake she got brushed to the side by Naruto and told to go and drink tea.
She sucks becuase her number one student is a complete fail. ( a good teacher makes a good student).
She sucks because her summons is a slug :/. ( with healin powers or not thats a fuckin lame summons) she also sucks becuase she is an drunk.
She sucks because she let a renegade Uchiha leave the village and join Oro-the same thing Sarotobi was trying to avoid for years, the whole frickin village was attacked becuase of Oro wanting Sasuke!!!
She sucks becuase she sent a buch of kid's and a Teenager to retrieve Sasuke from Oro and his dudes
So yeah she's an amazing Hokage and im being totally biased. A character being worthless is entirely up to u. I am not going to tell you what makes a character worthless.
And plz dont come with she saved the entire village using her medical Ninjustu and that why she could not fight Pein.
All of her actions were useless, as Pain would have suceeded if Naruto didnt intervene, also her actions were rendered pointless when Pain decided to revive the people, thus making her suicidal, futile attempt to save the village: useless.
IciBurnMay 7, 2012 1:01 PM
May 7, 2012 1:07 PM

Feb 2012
ZBurn said:
Okay heres why i think Tsunade is a Fail.
Tsunade sucks becuase even if she was tired out she was gettin her ass handed to her by kabuto in part one. the same kabuto who basically shit his pants in the presence of a 12 year old Sasuke.
She sucks because she poisoned jiyaria in part 1. S
he sucks becuase as hogake she got brushed to the side by Naruto and told to go and drink tea.
She sucks becuase her number one student is a complete fail. ( a good teacher makes a good student).
She sucks because her summons is a slug :/. ( with healin powers or not thats a fuckin lame summons) she also sucks becuase she is an drunk.
She sucks because she let a renegade Uchiha leave the village and join Oro-the same thing Sarotobi was trying to avoid for years, the whole frickin village was attacked becuase of Oro wanting Sasuke!!!
She sucks becuase she sent a buch of kid's and a Teenager to retrieve Sasuke from Oro and his dudes
So yeah she's an amazing Hokage and im being totally biased.
You are being biased.

Your list doesn't tell me she's useless at all. It just tells my you hate Tsunade. Hate and useless are two different things. Tsunade is integral to Naruto and I listed why. Your list is just full of bias.

- Tsunade had the upperhand on Kabuto until he cut himself and scared her with blood. This was part of her character. Later on in the fight she got over her fear of blood and owned Orochimaru.
- How does she suck because she poisoned jiraiya? She was dealing with inner conflicts. She wanted her loved ones revived by Oro and didn't want Jiraiya to interrupt because she knew Jiraiya wouldn't have let her go with it. Of course, she made the right decision by rejecting Oro's proposal.
- Complete fail? Not really. She's a decent fighter as seen in her fight with Sasori. She also has healing abilities which has proven useful many times. She's annoying, not useless.
- Not sure how her summon has anything to do with it. If you didn't notice, the sannin were based off japanese myth that involved a Snake, Frog, and Slug.
- This makes no sense. Had Sasuke not left we wouldn't have Naruto. It's pretty much part of the main story for Sasuke to leave.
- Again, this was part of the story. I also think there was a reason to it like Jounins being busy.

So again. Your hatred for Tsunade has blinded you into thinking she's useless.
YveseMay 7, 2012 1:10 PM
May 7, 2012 1:13 PM

Feb 2012
Yvese said:
ZBurn said:
Okay heres why i think Tsunade is a Fail.
She sucks because she poisoned jiyaria in part 1. S
he sucks becuase as hogake she got brushed to the side by Naruto and told to go and drink tea.
So yeah she's an amazing Hokage and im being totally biased.
You are being biased.

Your list doesn't tell me she's useless at all. It just tells my you hate Tsunade. Hate and useless are two different things. Tsunade is integral to Naruto and I listed why. Your list is just full of bias.

- Tsunade had the upperhand on Kabuto until he cut himself and scared her with blood. This was part of her character. Later on in the fight she got over her fear of blood and owned Orochimaru.
- How does she suck because she poisoned jiraiya? She was dealing with inner conflicts. She wanted her loved ones revived by Oro and didn't want Jiraiya to interrupt. Of course, she made the right decision by rejecting Oro's proposal.
- Complete fail? Not really. She's a decent fight as seen in her fight with Sasori. She also has healing abilities which has proven useful many times. She's annoying, not useless.
- Not sure how her summon has anything to do with it. If you didn't notice, the sannin were based off japanese myth that involved a Snake, Frog, and Slug.
- This makes no sense. Had Sasuke not left we wouldn't have Naruto. It's pretty much part of the main story for Sasuke to leave.
- Again, this was part of the story. I also think there was a reason to it like Jounins being busy.

I was given reasons why she fail as an Hokage thus failing as a character because theres no other reason for her to be in the series, and of course some of points were jokes.
Sakura vs Sasori-the whole was bs. Only because the old bat was there
Sasori would go to town on Sakura. She'd get raped, literally. Sakura only lived against Sasori because of Chiyo, without her, Sakura would've died in seconds.

And Sakura may know how Sasori fights, but Sasori also knows how Sakura fights, and he doesn't have to focus on 2 people this time.

And Sasori wouldn't fall for her stupid "playing dead" thing twice, so she wouldn't kill one of his puppets that easily again. She'd have to dodge, get closer, which will in turn make it harder to dodge, and then finally be close enough to kill a puppet. She'd have to do that about 103 times. Once for Sasori's first puppet in which he hides in, again for his Kazekage puppet, 100 times for each of his 100 puppets, and then again aganist Sasori himself.
Sasori never lost to Sakura he lost to plot no jutsu lol. And i do not hate Tsunade. Just cause i think she's worthless doesnt mean i hate. I actuall find her character as acomic relief everytime she fights, same for Sakura and for Yamacha
IciBurnMay 7, 2012 1:31 PM
May 7, 2012 1:25 PM
Apr 2012
I agree Sakura is a fail so is Tsunade. There weak like Kabuto so medical ninjustu was their last option.Although kabuto is badass with sage mode-dragon style.
Sasori didnt lose to Sakura he lost to plot no justsu

Lol best line ever
May 7, 2012 1:39 PM

Jan 2008
Surprised the thread hasn't been bombarded with harem leads.
May 7, 2012 1:42 PM
May 2010
Paul said:
Surprised the thread hasn't been bombarded with harem leads.

I would do that, but there are so many and they are all so similar I can not remember any individual names and just remember them as the collective 'harem leads'
Worships Asparagus.
May 7, 2012 1:49 PM

Dec 2008
tea from yugioh? really? no one has said it yet?
Fur Sure
May 7, 2012 1:57 PM

Sep 2011
Since I've already read one person call Madoka Kaname useless, just to throw this out here..

The only useless characters I can think of are harem leads/girls.
Dont touch me I'm in despair.
May 7, 2012 2:08 PM
May 2010
Madoka spoilers.

Worships Asparagus.
May 7, 2012 2:24 PM
Apr 2012
Sakura is pretty useless. The series would be better without her. Kishi even siad in his interview he forgot about Sakura during the war lol.
KimuraMay 7, 2012 5:08 PM
May 7, 2012 4:05 PM

Mar 2009
Orihime (Bleach)
Yukiteru (Mirai Nikki)

and others.
May 7, 2012 4:21 PM

Apr 2012
1. Tenten - Naruto/Naruto Shippuuden
2 - Lisanna Strauss - Fairy Tail
3 - Amano Yukiteru - Mirai Nikki
May 7, 2012 4:25 PM

Jan 2012
Pannya from Mashiro-iro Symphony. Nobody knows what species it is and nobody seems to care.
---
May 7, 2012 4:27 PM

Aug 2011
Goodanimeluvr said:

But... she provides the power of friendship!
May 7, 2012 4:28 PM
Nov 2010
Why Yukiteru?

May 7, 2012 4:35 PM
Jul 2018
Goodanimeluvr said:

Well, she did win that one fight against Mai... Which helped Yugi out if I remember correctly. Also, their was that one duel against penguin character in season 3 I think.

So, she's not totally useless. :p
May 7, 2012 4:36 PM
Sep 2011
Z-flame said:
Why Yukiteru?

And...
May 7, 2012 4:44 PM

Apr 2011
Usopp from One Piece..... what a worthless shitball honestly.
May 7, 2012 4:47 PM
Nov 2010
RLinksoul said:
Z-flame said:
Why Yukiteru?

And...

For a character to considered completely useless he/she must have zero interaction to the story be it directly and indirectly.
May 7, 2012 4:50 PM
May 2010
Z-flame said:
RLinksoul said:
Z-flame said:
Why Yukiteru?

And...

For a character to considered completely useless he/she must have zero interaction to the story be it directly and indirectly.

Only if you are looking at things from outside the story. They can push the story forward but still be worthless from an inside point of view.
Worships Asparagus.
May 7, 2012 4:52 PM
Apr 2012
icamehere said:
Your favorite characters are the most useless.

Lol i almost died form laughter looking at his profile. Everyone dont take this douche seriously. His favorite person is Adolf Hitler...yeah go figure.

That being said Makato from School Days is probably the most worthless character created
May 7, 2012 4:54 PM
May 2010
ZLife4 said:
icamehere said:
Your favorite characters are the most useless.

Lol i almost died form laughter looking at his profile. Everyone dont take this douche seriously. His favorite person is Adolf Hitler...yeah go figure.

That being said Makato from School Days is probably the most worthless character created

Makoto has absolutely nothing on Matou Shinji. Just saying.
Worships Asparagus.
May 7, 2012 5:05 PM
Sep 2011
miereneronaile said:
Only if you are looking at things from outside the story. They can push the story forward but still be worthless from an inside point of view.

Yea if we limited this to "zero interaction to the story" then it would be all background characters. Even Yamcha wouldn't be considered useless in that case, since he was Bulma's love interest until the Android Saga, and still fights even though he doesn't do any good.
May 7, 2012 5:12 PM

May 2010
My top 3 useless characters are from these shows...

Infinite Ryvius

Inuyasha

Zeta Gundam
May 7, 2012 5:16 PM

Apr 2012
1. Lala-Ru from "Now and then, here and there," she was so pointless, the writers could have made the water amulet usable by anyone, but no they decided "let's add a character who does practically nothing until the last 2 minutes of the show and has the personality of a cardboard box!"

2. Nina from Code Geass, stupid racist lesbian cunt-bag does nothing through-out all of season one (minus masturbate to pictures of the princess in a public area) except the last five minutes of episode 5, at least she had more personality then fucking Lala-Ru.

3. Kaori from Akira, why are you even here? Oh you're Tetsuo's girlfriend? Okay I guess that mean you help the plot... Oh wait a minute, no you don't, you serve absolutely no purpose what-so-ever! Well I guess at least you're on the lowest bar and serve as fanservice... Wait a minute, no you don't since you look like a guy. Why are you even here?
May 7, 2012 5:20 PM
Nov 2010
miereneronaile said:
Z-flame said:
RLinksoul said:
Z-flame said:
Why Yukiteru?

And...

Like I pointed out I don't disagree him being considered useless in that sense, but it was the other point of view that I was wondering.
May 7, 2012 5:22 PM
May 2010
@Z-flame Yea, from outside the story almost every character has some worth though. In a thread like this almost ANYONE could be justified as moving the story forward in one way or another.
Worships Asparagus.
May 7, 2012 6:54 PM

Aug 2011
mdude009 said:

2. Nina from Code Geass, stupid racist lesbian cunt-bag does nothing through-out all of season one (minus masturbate to pictures of the princess in a public area) except the last five minutes of episode 5, at least she had more personality then fucking Lala-Ru.

Nina is definitely a shitty ass character, but she's not useless. She's the one who freaking created the FLEIJA bomb, for God's sake.
May 7, 2012 6:55 PM
May 2010
itsvero said:
mdude009 said:

Nina is definitely a shitty ass character, but she's not useless. She's the one who freaking created the FLEIJA bomb, for God's sake.

This. Hate her as I may, she certainly achieved some pretty major things.
Worships Asparagus.
May 7, 2012 6:58 PM

Apr 2012
itsvero said:
mdude009 said:

Which she does in the last five minutes of season 1.
May 7, 2012 7:00 PM
May 2010
mdude009 said:
itsvero said:
mdude009 said:

Which she does in the last five minutes of season 1.

Its still a huge achievement, lol. Its not like she achieved that in a minute, or anything, it was quite obviously something that took time but happened off screen. She had to get that smart SOMEWHERE.

So yes, she does very little ON screen, but she still achieves some pretty major stuff.
Worships Asparagus.
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Which is your favourite Anime in this list?

PushedCaraway - 8 hours ago

27 by shiro-seishun »»
3 seconds ago

» Skibidi toilet piece part 2 (the sequel)

Cyborgium - 3 hours ago

4 by Daviljoe193 »»
4 minutes ago

» ❄️ Anime Winter 2024 Male Characters Tournament ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

ISeeLifePeople - Apr 14

222 by Shizuna »»
10 minutes ago

» Do you consider the opening(s) and ending(s) when rating an anime? ( 1 2 )

Hacker075 - Mar 15

61 by maya2003s »»
11 minutes ago

» Would you be surprised if someone said your favorite anime was the greatest anime of all time? ( 1 2 )

MeanMrMusician - Mar 28

57 by shiro-seishun »»
12 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.