MyAnimeList.net

Anime Information
Forums

Recent Posts | My Watched Topics | My Ignored Topics | Search

Strongest Servant? *spoilers*

Pages (15) « 0.6 1.6 [2.6] 3.6 4.6 » ... Last »
Poll: Who is the strongest servant in Fate-verse?


04-30-12, 10:19 AM

Offline
Joined: Apr 2012
Posts: 4237
ssjokg said:
BloodRequiem said:
ssjokg said:
I am surprised that GARcher has zero votes.His fans either didnt come here yet or after the start of FZ they changed to Gilgamesh.

I thought Emiya to be the strongest a long ago but I changed the moment I learnt that he cant trace Ea because of UBW 's limits I changed.But he still is my favorite.


archer is considered to be mid/high tier but he wont get above saber
and who the hell voted for zero berseker? total wanker there


I believe Emiya has some chances against saber.He doesnt need to fight in close quarters.


IIRC in HA she outran his hrunting
As a child, I was told that society is a melting pot of talents; knowledge and experience combined to form important alloys that will contribute to mankind. When I got to highschool, however, I thought that it's more like a river in which the water represents our peers while we ourselves are the stones in the river. Constant erosion by mindless majority sheeping has made us lose our unique edge. After I hit the age of 18, I realized that I've been wrong all along. Society is no melting pot. Society is no river. Society is a person, a very skilled rapist, and he has fucked us all.
 
04-30-12, 10:38 AM

Offline
Joined: Mar 2012
Posts: 1284
BloodRequiem said:
and who the hell voted for zero berseker? total wanker there

He might not be the strongest, but all this hate is unnecessary.
Zero Berserker has style.

Though for the record, it wasn't me who voted for him.
 
04-30-12, 10:43 AM

Offline
Joined: Apr 2012
Posts: 4237
ataraxial said:
BloodRequiem said:
and who the hell voted for zero berseker? total wanker there

He might not be the strongest, but all this hate is unnecessary.
Zero Berserker has style.

Though for the record, it wasn't me who voted for him.


its pretty much established already that hercules can stomp him
As a child, I was told that society is a melting pot of talents; knowledge and experience combined to form important alloys that will contribute to mankind. When I got to highschool, however, I thought that it's more like a river in which the water represents our peers while we ourselves are the stones in the river. Constant erosion by mindless majority sheeping has made us lose our unique edge. After I hit the age of 18, I realized that I've been wrong all along. Society is no melting pot. Society is no river. Society is a person, a very skilled rapist, and he has fucked us all.
 
04-30-12, 10:45 AM

Offline
Joined: Mar 2012
Posts: 1284
BloodRequiem said:
its pretty much established already that hercules can stomp him

I said "style," didn't I?
 
04-30-12, 10:53 AM

Offline
Joined: Apr 2012
Posts: 4237
ataraxial said:
BloodRequiem said:
its pretty much established already that hercules can stomp him

I said "style," didn't I?


i agree the guy is cool
but this is whos the strongest servant
As a child, I was told that society is a melting pot of talents; knowledge and experience combined to form important alloys that will contribute to mankind. When I got to highschool, however, I thought that it's more like a river in which the water represents our peers while we ourselves are the stones in the river. Constant erosion by mindless majority sheeping has made us lose our unique edge. After I hit the age of 18, I realized that I've been wrong all along. Society is no melting pot. Society is no river. Society is a person, a very skilled rapist, and he has fucked us all.
 
04-30-12, 10:54 AM

Offline
Joined: Aug 2009
Posts: 16575
BloodRequiem said:
ssjokg said:
BloodRequiem said:
ssjokg said:
I am surprised that GARcher has zero votes.His fans either didnt come here yet or after the start of FZ they changed to Gilgamesh.

I thought Emiya to be the strongest a long ago but I changed the moment I learnt that he cant trace Ea because of UBW 's limits I changed.But he still is my favorite.


archer is considered to be mid/high tier but he wont get above saber
and who the hell voted for zero berseker? total wanker there


I believe Emiya has some chances against saber.He doesnt need to fight in close quarters.


IIRC in HA she outran his hrunting


He HAS more weapons than that.
Please take a moment to fill this anime questionnaire.
"Sorry, I couldn’t hear you over my internal monologue."— Shirou
 
04-30-12, 10:54 AM

Offline
Joined: Mar 2012
Posts: 1284
BloodRequiem said:
i agree the guy is cool
but this is whos the strongest servant

Which is why I didn't vote for him.
I was complaining about the general hate.
 
04-30-12, 11:32 AM

Offline
Joined: Apr 2012
Posts: 4237
ssjokg said:
BloodRequiem said:
ssjokg said:
BloodRequiem said:
ssjokg said:
I am surprised that GARcher has zero votes.His fans either didnt come here yet or after the start of FZ they changed to Gilgamesh.

I thought Emiya to be the strongest a long ago but I changed the moment I learnt that he cant trace Ea because of UBW 's limits I changed.But he still is my favorite.


archer is considered to be mid/high tier but he wont get above saber
and who the hell voted for zero berseker? total wanker there


I believe Emiya has some chances against saber.He doesnt need to fight in close quarters.


IIRC in HA she outran his hrunting


He HAS more weapons than that.


im just saying that she can match him even if he fights from a distance
As a child, I was told that society is a melting pot of talents; knowledge and experience combined to form important alloys that will contribute to mankind. When I got to highschool, however, I thought that it's more like a river in which the water represents our peers while we ourselves are the stones in the river. Constant erosion by mindless majority sheeping has made us lose our unique edge. After I hit the age of 18, I realized that I've been wrong all along. Society is no melting pot. Society is no river. Society is a person, a very skilled rapist, and he has fucked us all.
 
04-30-12, 11:32 AM

Offline
Joined: Nov 2011
Posts: 5604
ssjokg said:
He HAS more weapons than that.


Aye. But the Hrunting feat shows her ridiculous speed as the arrow was stated to cross 4 km in less than a second. To outrun that would put her speed above mach 14. She can close the gap and turn it into a close quarters sword fight quite easily if his first shot fails.
The Art of Eight
 
04-30-12, 11:38 AM

Offline
Joined: Aug 2009
Posts: 16575
dankickyou said:
ssjokg said:
He HAS more weapons than that.


Aye. But the Hrunting feat shows her ridiculous speed as the arrow was stated to cross 4 km in less than a second. To outrun that would put her speed above mach 14. She can close the gap and turn it into a close quarters sword fight quite easily if his first shot fails.


I am just saying that the probability of him winning a fight with her exists,maybe it's small but still there.It's not like he would fight Gil in serious mode...
Please take a moment to fill this anime questionnaire.
"Sorry, I couldn’t hear you over my internal monologue."— Shirou
 
04-30-12, 11:48 AM

Offline
Joined: Nov 2007
Posts: 1259
BloodRequiem said:
ssjokg said:
BloodRequiem said:
ssjokg said:
I am surprised that GARcher has zero votes.His fans either didnt come here yet or after the start of FZ they changed to Gilgamesh.

I thought Emiya to be the strongest a long ago but I changed the moment I learnt that he cant trace Ea because of UBW 's limits I changed.But he still is my favorite.


archer is considered to be mid/high tier but he wont get above saber
and who the hell voted for zero berseker? total wanker there


I believe Emiya has some chances against saber.He doesnt need to fight in close quarters.


IIRC in HA she outran his hrunting


She outran it, yes, but not through her own abilities. First of all, each successive blow was only blocked because Shirou had knowledge of all the failed loops (they'd lost dozens of times to hrunting and because of this he knew exactly what was coming) and even then she had to use the power of a command spell to massively boost her speed far beyond her natural limitations in order to outrun it. Archer was fighting with no master = no command spell = the fight was onesided for numerous reasons. Not a valid win.

Just the fact they had lost previously and more than once should give you your answer of what one can actually expect in this situation.
 
04-30-12, 12:06 PM

Offline
Joined: Aug 2009
Posts: 16575
Thalos said:
BloodRequiem said:
ssjokg said:
BloodRequiem said:
ssjokg said:
I am surprised that GARcher has zero votes.His fans either didnt come here yet or after the start of FZ they changed to Gilgamesh.

I thought Emiya to be the strongest a long ago but I changed the moment I learnt that he cant trace Ea because of UBW 's limits I changed.But he still is my favorite.


archer is considered to be mid/high tier but he wont get above saber
and who the hell voted for zero berseker? total wanker there


I believe Emiya has some chances against saber.He doesnt need to fight in close quarters.


IIRC in HA she outran his hrunting


She outran it, yes, but not through her own abilities. First of all, each successive blow was only blocked because Shirou had knowledge of all the failed loops (they'd lost dozens of times to hrunting and because of this he knew exactly what was coming) and even then she had to use the power of a command spell to massively boost her speed far beyond her natural limitations in order to outrun it. Archer was fighting with no master = no command spell = the fight was onesided for numerous reasons. Not a valid win.

Just the fact they had lost previously and more than once should give you your answer of what one can actually expect in this situation.


using the partial patch I havent seen this scene yet.Only the one shirou gets a hole in his body.Thanks
Please take a moment to fill this anime questionnaire.
"Sorry, I couldn’t hear you over my internal monologue."— Shirou
 
04-30-12, 1:49 PM

Offline
Joined: Mar 2012
Posts: 1284
Thalos said:
She outran it, yes, but not through her own abilities. First of all, each successive blow was only blocked because Shirou had knowledge of all the failed loops (they'd lost dozens of times to hrunting and because of this he knew exactly what was coming) and even then she had to use the power of a command spell to massively boost her speed far beyond her natural limitations in order to outrun it. Archer was fighting with no master = no command spell = the fight was onesided for numerous reasons. Not a valid win.

Just the fact they had lost previously and more than once should give you your answer of what one can actually expect in this situation.

What about Avalon?
 
04-30-12, 2:12 PM

Offline
Joined: Nov 2007
Posts: 1259
ataraxial said:
Thalos said:
She outran it, yes, but not through her own abilities. First of all, each successive blow was only blocked because Shirou had knowledge of all the failed loops (they'd lost dozens of times to hrunting and because of this he knew exactly what was coming) and even then she had to use the power of a command spell to massively boost her speed far beyond her natural limitations in order to outrun it. Archer was fighting with no master = no command spell = the fight was onesided for numerous reasons. Not a valid win.

Just the fact they had lost previously and more than once should give you your answer of what one can actually expect in this situation.

What about Avalon?


Well... about Avalon. Saber does not really possess Caliburn or Avalon as a heroic spirit, so in most cases both of these are out of the question. And from what I have gathered from seeing it in action and from reading what info there is from it, it is evident she can move while under its protection, but I'm not sure if there's a limit on distance or not, because it is described neither as being attached to her or encompassing an area. I also don't believe she can hurt anyone in it - since it isolates her in another dimensional plane. So while she's safe, so is her opponent. That means if she charges up for an attack her opponent has just as much room to do so and when she's ready to use it she has to expose herself.

In the VN it clearly states that Gilgamesh can't halt his attack and that he was basically stuck where he was, this is why Avalon was used so effectively. In most situations it may be rather useless unless it's used during a single fire shot with enough timing that they don't halt their attack and lose their only opportunity to win.
 
04-30-12, 2:12 PM

Offline
Joined: Aug 2010
Posts: 3524
The question is who's the second strongest servant. By the looks of it, it is Saber. But I don't see how she can take out Iskander, unless Excalibur can take out his whole army.

@Thanos Yes, the reason Avalon was effective against Gilgamesh is because he couldn't halt his attack. So she just ran up to him and used Excalibur.
Modified by Ragna92, 04-30-12, 2:18 PM
 
04-30-12, 2:17 PM

Offline
Joined: Aug 2009
Posts: 16575
isnt it a bit early for that?Not even 24 hours passed since the thread was made.She wont reach Gilgamesh anytime soon but Heracles is close enough.

Ragna92 said:
But I don't see how she can take out Iskander, unless Excalibur can take out his whole army.


I think a blast from something like Excalibur could destroy RMs but Ionian Hetairoi is Ranked EX and Excalibur A++ but I dont know if this matters.
Modified by Othi-tan, 04-30-12, 2:25 PM
Please take a moment to fill this anime questionnaire.
"Sorry, I couldn’t hear you over my internal monologue."— Shirou
 
04-30-12, 2:27 PM

Offline
Joined: Aug 2010
Posts: 3524
ssjokg said:
isnt it a bit early for that?Not even 24 hours passed since the thread was made.She wont reach Gilgamesh anytime soon but Heracles is close enough.

Ragna92 said:
But I don't see how she can take out Iskander, unless Excalibur can take out his whole army.


I think a blast from something like Excalibur could destroy RMs but Ionian Hetairoi is Ranked EX and Excalibur A++ but I dont know if this matters.


future Fate/Zero spoilers

I really doubt it.
Modified by Ragna92, 04-30-12, 2:37 PM
 
04-30-12, 2:36 PM

Offline
Joined: Aug 2009
Posts: 16575
sorry my bad I meant disrupt it.The only way for her to win against his RM would be to concentrate all of her attacks to him in order for his mana to run out faster,and ignore his army which is kinda impossible since they are all Servants.Then again it uses mana from the entire army unlike Emiya who is alone so forget it.
Please take a moment to fill this anime questionnaire.
"Sorry, I couldn’t hear you over my internal monologue."— Shirou
 
04-30-12, 2:43 PM

Offline
Joined: Nov 2007
Posts: 1259
Ragna92 said:
ssjokg said:
isnt it a bit early for that?Not even 24 hours passed since the thread was made.She wont reach Gilgamesh anytime soon but Heracles is close enough.

Ragna92 said:
But I don't see how she can take out Iskander, unless Excalibur can take out his whole army.


I think a blast from something like Excalibur could destroy RMs but Ionian Hetairoi is Ranked EX and Excalibur A++ but I dont know if this matters.



Ionioi Hetairoi itself can be destroyed three ways.

A) Something that breaks down, dispels, or degrades Reality Marbles (I am sure, for example, someone like Medea has enough magical know-how to accomplish this.)

B) Taking out enough troops. Ionioi Hetairoi is an exception to Reality Marbles in this regard. Iskander is not a Caster and he lacks the mana to supply a Reality Marble on his own. It sustains itself through the combined effort of his troops. If enough of them die he wont be able to keep it up. The number required is probably about half the army or so.

C) Taking out Iskander himself (probably) since the troops would likely fall with him. However, assuming they do not, then this method would fail, since Iskander is not the main supplier of the Reality Marble.

As excessive as it is, Enuma Elish can destroy it using any method above. Saber can only destroy it through the last two methods and whether she pulls it off or not is not guaranteed.

Normal Reality Marbles that are supplied directly through the one casting it can only be destroyed by killing said caster or using the first method. Although killing a single person will, in most cases, be easier than killing many.
 
04-30-12, 2:47 PM

Offline
Joined: Nov 2011
Posts: 12
Why is Avenger not on this list?
 
04-30-12, 3:00 PM

Offline
Joined: Aug 2009
Posts: 16575
Thalos said:
Ragna92 said:
ssjokg said:
isnt it a bit early for that?Not even 24 hours passed since the thread was made.She wont reach Gilgamesh anytime soon but Heracles is close enough.

Ragna92 said:
But I don't see how she can take out Iskander, unless Excalibur can take out his whole army.


I think a blast from something like Excalibur could destroy RMs but Ionian Hetairoi is Ranked EX and Excalibur A++ but I dont know if this matters.



Ionioi Hetairoi itself can be destroyed three ways.

A) Something that breaks down, dispels, or degrades Reality Marbles (I am sure, for example, someone like Medea has enough magical know-how to accomplish this.)

B) Taking out enough troops. Ionioi Hetairoi is an exception to Reality Marbles in this regard. Iskander is not a Caster and he lacks the mana to supply a Reality Marble on his own. It sustains itself through the combined effort of his troops. If enough of them die he wont be able to keep it up. The number required is probably about half the army or so.

C) Taking out Iskander himself (probably) since the troops would likely fall with him. However, assuming they do not, then this method would fail, since Iskander is not the main supplier of the Reality Marble.

As excessive as it is, Enuma Elish can destroy it using any method above. Saber can only destroy it through the last two methods and whether she pulls it off or not is not guaranteed.

Normal Reality Marbles that are supplied directly through the one casting it can only be destroyed by killing said caster or using the first method. Although killing a single person will, in most cases, be easier than killing many.


She could use Avalon and wait for the RM to go down jk, but then she wouldnt be stronger than Iskander but the most coward Heroic Spirit ever.But she wouldnt because of her personality.

B,C: I think she would fail either way.The army would reach her before she gets ready for one blast and like I said they are Servants ,not just soldiers,in the numbers of a few thousands.

C:whether the RM falls with him or not, if she manages to takes him out ,even with his entire army there then I can consider her as the strongest one between them but I doubt she could do it

@Honako
Well not many have finished FHA since not all of us know japanese so lets not include him.But in the parts that were translated he mentions that he isnt that strong and I dont plan to use the wiki for him,since I want to read in the vn
Modified by Othi-tan, 04-30-12, 3:08 PM
Please take a moment to fill this anime questionnaire.
"Sorry, I couldn’t hear you over my internal monologue."— Shirou
 
04-30-12, 3:25 PM

Offline
Joined: Apr 2012
Posts: 70
Wait why do people think Medea is so powerful? Nasu himself even said that if she could use the Golden Fleece, that would only bring her up to average (amongst the F/SN Servants), and without it she's the weakest. With four of the seven classes having some resistance to magic, and the fact that her stronger spells still take more than a second to cast, she's nowhere near as strong as Saber/Gilgamesh/either Berserker/Alexander.

Anyway, the only way non-Avalon Saber can beat Ionoi Hetairoi if she kills Alexander first. Killing enough soldiers WOULD dispel Ionoi Hetairoi, but she has to stay alive long enough to do this. WITH Avalon, however, she could probably outlast it, so long as she doesn't take a fatal blow (Avalon's healing powers won't save her if she's killed instantly).

Unlike Excalibur, though


Since Ionoi Hetairoi was brought up, Hercules might be able to defeat it. If none of the soldiers have A rank attacks, then the only thing that can kill him is Alexander's chariot, which likely won't kill him 12 times.
 
04-30-12, 3:33 PM

Offline
Joined: Jun 2008
Posts: 1653
Honako said:
Why is Avenger not on this list?


Because he's dead weak...lol

Seriously, since Avenger is more of a Irregularity I assume OP forgot about him.


Visit this blog That I'm working with my friend
http://randomnessthing.com/
 
04-30-12, 3:38 PM

Offline
Joined: Mar 2012
Posts: 1284
kaimax said:
Honako said:
Why is Avenger not on this list?


Because he's dead weak...lol

Seriously, since Avenger is more of a Irregularity I assume OP forgot about him.

I'll add him if people want him on it. I haven't played FHA, so I don't even know what he counts as.
 
04-30-12, 3:40 PM

Offline
Joined: Apr 2012
Posts: 4237
hercules prob 2nd strongest servant
(not counting alter servants)

excalibur wont take out IH cuz its a beam of light not carpet bombing
pretty unlikely saber will have enough prana to use avalon continuously

avenger is only good at killing humans
against servants he is pretty shit

angra mainyu born from the grail would be pretty strong though that wont be a servant anymore
As a child, I was told that society is a melting pot of talents; knowledge and experience combined to form important alloys that will contribute to mankind. When I got to highschool, however, I thought that it's more like a river in which the water represents our peers while we ourselves are the stones in the river. Constant erosion by mindless majority sheeping has made us lose our unique edge. After I hit the age of 18, I realized that I've been wrong all along. Society is no melting pot. Society is no river. Society is a person, a very skilled rapist, and he has fucked us all.
 
04-30-12, 3:45 PM

Offline
Joined: Mar 2012
Posts: 1284
BloodRequiem said:
hercules prob 2nd strongest servant
(not counting alter servants)

excalibur wont take out IH cuz its a beam of light not carpet bombing
pretty unlikely saber will have enough prana to use avalon continuously

avenger is only good at killing humans
against servants he is pretty shit

angra mainyu born from the grail would be pretty strong though that wont be a servant anymore

How much prana does Avalon require, exactly?
 
04-30-12, 3:46 PM

Offline
Joined: Jan 2012
Posts: 1249
Gilgamesh because he IS the rule.
My Guitar Covers:
Playlist

I CAN ALWAYS SHOW MY EVERYTHING TO YOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOUUUU
 
04-30-12, 3:50 PM

Offline
Joined: Apr 2012
Posts: 4237
ataraxial said:
BloodRequiem said:
hercules prob 2nd strongest servant
(not counting alter servants)

excalibur wont take out IH cuz its a beam of light not carpet bombing
pretty unlikely saber will have enough prana to use avalon continuously

avenger is only good at killing humans
against servants he is pretty shit

angra mainyu born from the grail would be pretty strong though that wont be a servant anymore

How much prana does Avalon require, exactly?


it was continuously drawing prana from saber when it was just healing shirou's wounds
plus they barely managed to pull it off in fate and that was with one attack
versus IH is waves and waves of soldiers
if she tries to use excalibur, it will take time and during that period of time she is vulnerable
she cant attack from within avalon either since she is essentially separate from this universe
Modified by BloodRequiem, 04-30-12, 3:57 PM
As a child, I was told that society is a melting pot of talents; knowledge and experience combined to form important alloys that will contribute to mankind. When I got to highschool, however, I thought that it's more like a river in which the water represents our peers while we ourselves are the stones in the river. Constant erosion by mindless majority sheeping has made us lose our unique edge. After I hit the age of 18, I realized that I've been wrong all along. Society is no melting pot. Society is no river. Society is a person, a very skilled rapist, and he has fucked us all.
 
04-30-12, 4:03 PM

Offline
Joined: Aug 2010
Posts: 3524
Well I guess I should ask, Saber vs Berserker(heracles) since they are pretty close in this poll? So what do you guys think?
 
04-30-12, 4:07 PM

Offline
Joined: Apr 2012
Posts: 4237
Ragna92 said:
Well I guess I should ask, Saber vs Berserker(heracles) since they are pretty close in this poll? So what do you guys think?


hercules
cuz no shirou = no plothax aka caliburn
As a child, I was told that society is a melting pot of talents; knowledge and experience combined to form important alloys that will contribute to mankind. When I got to highschool, however, I thought that it's more like a river in which the water represents our peers while we ourselves are the stones in the river. Constant erosion by mindless majority sheeping has made us lose our unique edge. After I hit the age of 18, I realized that I've been wrong all along. Society is no melting pot. Society is no river. Society is a person, a very skilled rapist, and he has fucked us all.
 
04-30-12, 4:07 PM

Offline
Joined: Aug 2009
Posts: 16575
I still dont get how caliburn took so many lives in one strike.So without plot armor I say Heraclues.She wont have time to charge Excalibur and Avalon is the same like the the rest.
Please take a moment to fill this anime questionnaire.
"Sorry, I couldn’t hear you over my internal monologue."— Shirou
 
04-30-12, 4:09 PM

Offline
Joined: Aug 2010
Posts: 3524
How many lives did Caliburn even take out again? Berserker had 5 lives left but from what I remember Caliburn was able to kill him an extra time or something.
 
04-30-12, 4:09 PM

Offline
Joined: Apr 2012
Posts: 70
With Rin as a Master, Saber. With Kiritsugu or Shirou, Berserker. Considering she's almost as powerful as him in statistics and he can't fight tactically while she can, it makes sense. Rin Saber does have A rank Strength and Excalibur, so it's just a matter if she can deal with God Hand's resistance to repeat kills.

If Hercules wasn't Berserker, though, then it's an entirely different battle.

And Caliburn was strong enough to him seven times, though he only had five left at the time.
 
04-30-12, 4:13 PM

Offline
Joined: Aug 2009
Posts: 16575
TheRealBoyd said:
With Rin as a Master, Saber. With Kiritsugu or Shirou, Berserker. Considering she's almost as powerful as him in statistics and he can't fight tactically while she can, it makes sense. Rin Saber does have A rank Strength and Excalibur, so it's just a matter if she can deal with God Hand's resistance to repeat kills.

If Hercules wasn't Berserker, though, then it's an entirely different battle.

And Caliburn was strong enough to him seven times, though he only had five left at the time.


Thank god for Archer killing him several time then.

So the outcome of Rin Saber vs Berserker Heracles is in Nasu's head.Perfect.......
Please take a moment to fill this anime questionnaire.
"Sorry, I couldn’t hear you over my internal monologue."— Shirou
 
04-30-12, 4:14 PM

Offline
Joined: Apr 2011
Posts: 32
Gilgamesh is omnipotent. I'm waiting for the time for the show of all your power.
 
04-30-12, 4:14 PM

Offline
Joined: Apr 2012
Posts: 70
Well, UBW actually flat out states that she could defeat Berserker. But then again, the plot hates Berserker as much as it loves Saber, so I'm not sure if she could do it 12 times.

I guess this is one of those more questionable "do we take Nasu's word for it?" issues.
 
04-30-12, 4:16 PM

Offline
Joined: Apr 2012
Posts: 4237
TheRealBoyd said:
Well, UBW actually flat out states that she could defeat Berserker. But then again, the plot hates Berserker as much as it loves Saber, so I'm not sure if she could do it 12 times.

I guess this is one of those more questionable "do we take Nasu's word for it?" issues.


very unlikely that excalibur will take all 12 lives
As a child, I was told that society is a melting pot of talents; knowledge and experience combined to form important alloys that will contribute to mankind. When I got to highschool, however, I thought that it's more like a river in which the water represents our peers while we ourselves are the stones in the river. Constant erosion by mindless majority sheeping has made us lose our unique edge. After I hit the age of 18, I realized that I've been wrong all along. Society is no melting pot. Society is no river. Society is a person, a very skilled rapist, and he has fucked us all.
 
04-30-12, 4:19 PM

Offline
Joined: Apr 2012
Posts: 70
Well, with A rank Strength, she doesn't need to rely only on Excaliblast, since her normal slashes are strong enough. But yeah, Nasu saying so aside, it's questionable that she can kill him 12 times.
 
04-30-12, 4:25 PM

Offline
Joined: Aug 2009
Posts: 16575
I dont remember her being able to slash him in the VN but even if she could it's not like he is that slow as to not be able to counterattack and even if she manages to hurt him doesnt mean that it will be a fatal hit to claim a life.
Please take a moment to fill this anime questionnaire.
"Sorry, I couldn’t hear you over my internal monologue."— Shirou
 
04-30-12, 4:26 PM

Offline
Joined: Apr 2012
Posts: 4237
ssjokg said:
I dont remember her being able to slash him in the VN but even if she could it's not like he is that slow as to not be able to counterattack and even if she manages to hurt him doesnt mean that it will be a fatal hit to claim a life.


because that was shirou saber with invisible air binding excalibur lowering it to rank c
As a child, I was told that society is a melting pot of talents; knowledge and experience combined to form important alloys that will contribute to mankind. When I got to highschool, however, I thought that it's more like a river in which the water represents our peers while we ourselves are the stones in the river. Constant erosion by mindless majority sheeping has made us lose our unique edge. After I hit the age of 18, I realized that I've been wrong all along. Society is no melting pot. Society is no river. Society is a person, a very skilled rapist, and he has fucked us all.
 
04-30-12, 4:30 PM

Offline
Joined: Apr 2012
Posts: 70
Her Strength was only B rank in the Fate route. When she gets Rin as a Master in UBW the narrator just says something to the effect of "she could even defeat Berserker easily like this," but there's no evidence beyond that. That's why it's questionable.
 
04-30-12, 4:33 PM

Offline
Joined: Aug 2010
Posts: 3524
TheRealBoyd said:
Her Strength was only B rank in the Fate route. When she gets Rin as a Master in UBW the narrator just says something to the effect of "she could even defeat Berserker easily like this," but there's no evidence beyond that. That's why it's questionable.


I wish we could've seen Rin's Saber do much more. All we got to see is her fight with Assasain.
 
04-30-12, 4:36 PM

Offline
Joined: Apr 2012
Posts: 4237
Ragna92 said:
TheRealBoyd said:
Her Strength was only B rank in the Fate route. When she gets Rin as a Master in UBW the narrator just says something to the effect of "she could even defeat Berserker easily like this," but there's no evidence beyond that. That's why it's questionable.


I wish we could've seen Rin's Saber do much more. All we got to see is her fight with Assasain.


which was pretty pathetic since she won with plothax
As a child, I was told that society is a melting pot of talents; knowledge and experience combined to form important alloys that will contribute to mankind. When I got to highschool, however, I thought that it's more like a river in which the water represents our peers while we ourselves are the stones in the river. Constant erosion by mindless majority sheeping has made us lose our unique edge. After I hit the age of 18, I realized that I've been wrong all along. Society is no melting pot. Society is no river. Society is a person, a very skilled rapist, and he has fucked us all.
 
04-30-12, 4:37 PM

Offline
Joined: Aug 2009
Posts: 16575
^this
Please take a moment to fill this anime questionnaire.
"Sorry, I couldn’t hear you over my internal monologue."— Shirou
 
04-30-12, 4:39 PM

Offline
Joined: Nov 2011
Posts: 12
Saying Rin/Saber is strong is kinda pointless, Almost all servants would be amazing with Rin.
Saber being strong with Rin is not very telling for how good Saber really is, seeing as how ANYONE with Rin is a monster.
 
04-30-12, 5:28 PM

Offline
Joined: Mar 2012
Posts: 1284
Ragna92 said:
How many lives did Caliburn even take out again? Berserker had 5 lives left but from what I remember Caliburn was able to kill him an extra time or something.

It took out seven lives. Not sure how though... Excalibur should be stronger.
Only thing that's ever mentioned is that Saber likes it more or something, which shouldn't make such a huge difference.
 
04-30-12, 5:34 PM

Offline
Joined: Apr 2012
Posts: 4237
ataraxial said:
Ragna92 said:
How many lives did Caliburn even take out again? Berserker had 5 lives left but from what I remember Caliburn was able to kill him an extra time or something.

It took out seven lives. Not sure how though... Excalibur should be stronger.
Only thing that's ever mentioned is that Saber likes it more or something, which shouldn't make such a huge difference.


if mirror moon ppl were not bsing caliburn had that holy fire thing which continuously burnt away berserker's lives
excalibur is just a beam and thats it therefore prob cant take away all 12 lives
its all about compatibility so
Modified by BloodRequiem, 04-30-12, 5:43 PM
As a child, I was told that society is a melting pot of talents; knowledge and experience combined to form important alloys that will contribute to mankind. When I got to highschool, however, I thought that it's more like a river in which the water represents our peers while we ourselves are the stones in the river. Constant erosion by mindless majority sheeping has made us lose our unique edge. After I hit the age of 18, I realized that I've been wrong all along. Society is no melting pot. Society is no river. Society is a person, a very skilled rapist, and he has fucked us all.
 
04-30-12, 6:11 PM

Offline
Joined: Mar 2012
Posts: 1284
BloodRequiem said:
ataraxial said:
Ragna92 said:
How many lives did Caliburn even take out again? Berserker had 5 lives left but from what I remember Caliburn was able to kill him an extra time or something.

It took out seven lives. Not sure how though... Excalibur should be stronger.
Only thing that's ever mentioned is that Saber likes it more or something, which shouldn't make such a huge difference.


if mirror moon ppl were not bsing caliburn had that holy fire thing which continuously burnt away berserker's lives
excalibur is just a beam and thats it therefore prob cant take away all 12 lives
its all about compatibility so

Sure, compatibility, but that shouldn't make the difference between not able to scratch Berserker at all and breaking through his axe-sword + taking seven lives. Excalibur is explicitly stated to be a stronger sword than Caliburn even without the beam attack and considering that Caliburn was traced. What gives (other than obvious plothax)?

Never heard of this holy fire thing. What is it?
 
04-30-12, 6:32 PM

Offline
Joined: Apr 2012
Posts: 4237
ataraxial said:
BloodRequiem said:
ataraxial said:
Ragna92 said:
How many lives did Caliburn even take out again? Berserker had 5 lives left but from what I remember Caliburn was able to kill him an extra time or something.

It took out seven lives. Not sure how though... Excalibur should be stronger.
Only thing that's ever mentioned is that Saber likes it more or something, which shouldn't make such a huge difference.


if mirror moon ppl were not bsing caliburn had that holy fire thing which continuously burnt away berserker's lives
excalibur is just a beam and thats it therefore prob cant take away all 12 lives
its all about compatibility so

Sure, compatibility, but that shouldn't make the difference between not able to scratch Berserker at all and breaking through his axe-sword + taking seven lives. Excalibur is explicitly stated to be a stronger sword than Caliburn even without the beam attack and considering that Caliburn was traced. What gives (other than obvious plothax)?

Never heard of this holy fire thing. What is it?


excalibur was bounded by invisible air which made it into a rank c
thats why it didnt scratch berserker
caliburn is totally a deus ex machina anyways
takeuchi prob begs nasu all the time to make his waifu haxed

holy fire thing
no idea
heard it some years ago on mirror moon
although imo its prob more because it went through and activated inside of godhand

again compatibility issues
excalibur would be better against stuff with 1 life but caliburn would be better against stuff with multiple lives
like how koujirou would be screwed against ranged attacks but haxed in melee


btw found the nasu interview about saber vs archer
assuming that he wasnt bsing

The class of the representatives of close-range and long-range combat. Saber, who would take her sword in any condition whatsoever and Archer who would fight using a strategy of victory. The highlight won't just be the different battle styles, but the difference between their personalities.
However, even with UBW, it's questionable whether he could hold Saber back. One definite hit from sniping and one absolute blast of death from her Holy Sword. It might really depend on the wit of their Masters not their own in determining who has the upper hand.
Modified by BloodRequiem, 04-30-12, 6:51 PM
As a child, I was told that society is a melting pot of talents; knowledge and experience combined to form important alloys that will contribute to mankind. When I got to highschool, however, I thought that it's more like a river in which the water represents our peers while we ourselves are the stones in the river. Constant erosion by mindless majority sheeping has made us lose our unique edge. After I hit the age of 18, I realized that I've been wrong all along. Society is no melting pot. Society is no river. Society is a person, a very skilled rapist, and he has fucked us all.
 
04-30-12, 6:36 PM

Offline
Joined: May 2011
Posts: 4372
Honako said:
Saying Rin/Saber is strong is kinda pointless, Almost all servants would be amazing with Rin.
Saber being strong with Rin is not very telling for how good Saber really is, seeing as how ANYONE with Rin is a monster.


The fact of the matter is that Rin-Saber did happen. So if we go by everything in a character's arsenal, counting Rin-Saber is an accessible option in Saber's feats.

Saber takes Heracles out with mid difficulty. If it's any master other than Rin, Heracles takes this in his tennis outfit.
Modified by Shuda-, 04-30-12, 6:51 PM
 
Top
Pages (15) « 0.6 1.6 [2.6] 3.6 4.6 » ... Last »