Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Who is the strongest servant in Fate-verse?
Saber (Arturia)
12.1%
Zero Archer (Gilgamesh)
62.4%
Zero Lancer (Diarmuid)
1.0%
Zero Rider (Iskander)
3.3%
Zero Berserker
5.2%
Zero Caster (Gilles de Rais)
0.9%
Zero Assassin (Hassan-i Sabbah)
0.3%
FSN Archer
8.6%
FSN Lancer (Cu Chulainn)
1.1%
FSN Rider
0.3%
FSN Berserker (Heracles)
3.1%
FSN Caster
0.0%
FSN Assassin (Sasaki Kojirou)
0.2%
FSN True Assassin
0.1%
FHA Avenger
1.3%
1,342 votes
Apr 29, 2012 6:36 PM

Mar 2012
Exactly what it says on the tin. Current state of options is an attempt to keep spoilers minor if someone innocently drops by.
Will add more Servants to the options if requested.

Anyways, this is so that the Gil-related discussion can be moved here to free up the Ep. 4 thread.

Anything can be discussed, so be careful of Fate/Zero spoilers (not to mention FSN ones).
ataraxialMay 1, 2012 3:07 PM
Pages (16) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Apr 29, 2012 6:42 PM

Aug 2010
I'm betting you majority will vote for their favorite servant.

Moving the Gil-related discussions over here would be a good idea though. Because like 1/4 of the discussions on episode 4 are about the strongest servant.
Ragna92Apr 29, 2012 6:46 PM
Apr 29, 2012 6:46 PM

Mar 2012
Ragna92 said:

Probably, but maybe the spoilers tag will scare enough people away that things will be reasonable at least until Fate/Zero finishes. Then we can celebrate immediate Saber victory or whatever.
Apr 29, 2012 6:46 PM

Feb 2010
Ragna92 said:

What happens if your favorite servant happens to be the strongest (at least to you personally)? :3

Even though I have read the LN and VN, I think I'll put off my answer for now. Maybe I'll choose after reading the debates, and going over character stats/materials again.
Apr 29, 2012 6:49 PM

Aug 2009
My top 3 favorites are Emiya,Lancelot and Cu Chulainn.But I still believe that Gilgamesh is the strongest.
I read somewhere that Heracles as an Archer is the strongest but I dont rememeber where it was or how the poster got that info

Jul 2011
The strongest Servant is also the most FABULOUS~ one, obviously.

Aug 2010
ataraxial said:
Ragna92 said:

Probably, but maybe the spoilers tag will scare enough people away that things will be reasonable at least until Fate/Zero finishes. Then we can celebrate immediate Saber victory or whatever.

Well no actually, if going by popularity then Iskander will own this. And if people are actually being honest then Gil will win this.

@Sallym If that's the case then you get to vote for your favorite servant and the strongest servant :). Like I did.
Ragna92Apr 29, 2012 6:52 PM
Apr 29, 2012 6:50 PM

Apr 2012
other than Gil
the servants from FSN are stronger than the ones from zero
zero wins in the master division
As a child, I was told that society is a melting pot of talents; knowledge and experience combined to form important alloys that will contribute to mankind. When I got to highschool, however, I thought that it's more like a river in which the water represents our peers while we ourselves are the stones in the river. Constant erosion by mindless majority sheeping has made us lose our unique edge. After I hit the age of 18, I realized that I've been wrong all along. Society is no melting pot. Society is no river. Society is a person, a very skilled rapist, and he has fucked us all.
Apr 29, 2012 6:53 PM

Mar 2012
I was wondering how the Ep. 4 thread got hijacked since Gil vs. Berserker has nothing to do with the episode at all, and I found this:

ssjokg said:
Monad said:

For Gilgamesh entertainment seems to be more important than effectiveness. Besides is not like it's his wish that will get realized so why would he care about getting the grail that much if there is no amusement in it.

yeah that's the reason he sucks in FSN.Even Shirou defeated him.If Gilgamesh was serious we would have won both wars.

I blame Shirou.

Edit: The Zero Berserker part was totally my fault though.
Apr 29, 2012 6:55 PM

Aug 2009
I think Alexander , Gilles de Rais and Lancelot are stronger than 3 out of 5 new Servants of FSN

the 3 are Medusa,Sakaki,Medea
Apr 29, 2012 6:55 PM

Apr 2012
ssjokg said:
My top 3 favorites are Emiya,Lancelot and Cu Chulainn.But I still believe that Gilgamesh is the strongest.
I read somewhere that Heracles as an Archer is the strongest but I dont rememeber where it was or how the poster got that info

its from one of nasu's interviews about hercules' optimal class
As a child, I was told that society is a melting pot of talents; knowledge and experience combined to form important alloys that will contribute to mankind. When I got to highschool, however, I thought that it's more like a river in which the water represents our peers while we ourselves are the stones in the river. Constant erosion by mindless majority sheeping has made us lose our unique edge. After I hit the age of 18, I realized that I've been wrong all along. Society is no melting pot. Society is no river. Society is a person, a very skilled rapist, and he has fucked us all.
Apr 29, 2012 6:56 PM

Jul 2007
Hey, guys. Can Shiki kill servants?
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Change, change the form of man. Free the might from fleshy mire. Boil the blood in heart of fire. Gone, gone the form of man. Rise the demon, Etrigan!

Aug 2009
BloodRequiem said:
ssjokg said:

its from one of nasu's interviews about hercules' optimal class

thanks

Jan 2010
Besides serious Gil, I'm pretty sure Saber with a good master is the strongest. Excaliblast beats a lot of things.

LunarMoon said:

Tohno or Ryougi?
ShockedApr 29, 2012 7:00 PM
Apr 29, 2012 6:58 PM

Mar 2012
LunarMoon said:

Someone's clever.

Aug 2009
LunarMoon said:

XDXDXD
for once lets not change the discussion....

Apr 2012
Shocked said:
Besides serious Gil, I'm pretty sure Saber with a good master is the strongest. Excaliblast beats a lot of things.

LunarMoon said:

Tohno or Ryougi?

saber alter is greater or equal to rin saber
ryougi can maintain a draw with a servant at best in a defensive fight
unless we bring that extra crap in
that was a troll anyways
Apr 29, 2012 6:59 PM

Aug 2009
Shocked said:

LunarMoon said:

Tohno or Ryougi?

You must be new here..
Apr 29, 2012 7:00 PM

Jan 2010
ssjokg said:
Shocked said:

LunarMoon said:

Tohno or Ryougi?

You must be new here..

Did I walk into something?
Apr 29, 2012 7:01 PM

Apr 2012
Shocked said:
ssjokg said:
Shocked said:

LunarMoon said:

Tohno or Ryougi?

You must be new here..

shiki vs servants is a troll
Apr 29, 2012 7:02 PM

Aug 2009
BloodRequiem said:
Shocked said:
ssjokg said:
Shocked said:

LunarMoon said:

Tohno or Ryougi?

You must be new here..

that plus most Shiki vs servants threads are about Ryougi
Apr 29, 2012 7:03 PM

Jan 2010
BloodRequiem said:
Shocked said:
ssjokg said:
Shocked said:

LunarMoon said:

Tohno or Ryougi?

You must be new here..

Well damn.
Apr 29, 2012 7:07 PM

Apr 2012
So answering this from the other topic:

ssjokg said:
ssjokg said:
1.i could have posted that but I already posted many spoilers for F/Z even if they were in tags.

2,3.I have nothing to add

4. still,that character WAS the last servant standing.

5,6.Classic Gilgamesh,
yeah the movie was bad and " I don't know why people think he would not lose in two seconds without Gate of Babylon or Ea".perhaps you meant "not win"?It's like you ignored what you typed.Or it's time for me to go to bed....

7.It's been some time since I read the VN. I didnt remember how the "fight" started

Gilgamesh isnt my favorite Heroic Spirit but I believe that he is the strongest so Iam glad you posted this

Well we didnt put him against fsn caster or assassin....

Wait you mean Shirou takes the techniques or the status rise to meet the status of the original wielders?If his status rise depending to the weapon he is tracing ,I see why Gil had trouble.I always thought that he was able to use the techniques they had....
5/6. As I said, Zero Berserker is the most skilled fighter in pure swordplay. Gilgamesh isn't as skilled in direct combat as some other Servants, so if you take away Noble Phantasms, then Zero Berserker (among other Servants, Saber too) could beat him in direct combat. (Again, though, he's far from the only Servant that relies on their Noble Phantasms). But many fans, especially those who didn't read the VN, assume that Gilgamesh is just as pathetic in direct combat as somebody who's never held a sword before. He IS the strongest because of his Noble Phantasms, I'm just saying he's not an average tier Servant without them.

As for Shirou, I don't remember where/if it's talked about in the VN, but from the Type Moon wiki: "Furthermore, whenever replicating mystical objects such as Noble Phantasms, it is possible to faithfully copy their special abilities and any skill that its owner performed are available for use." It's pretty vague, but whatever that means, it's still something Gilgamesh can't do. I'm pretty sure the VN mentioned you could trace "fighting skill", though.

Gilgamesh can use always active effects of Noble Phantasms, but not invoked ones. For example, if he used Gae Dearg, he would be able to pierce any armor, because that effect is always active; Diarmuid doesn't need to shout out the name to use it. If he used Gae Bolg, however, he would not have the heart piercing effect, because the name must be declared by Cu Chuliann in order to do that.

The thing about Archer Hercules isn't that he's the strongest Servant, but that's the best class for Hercules. Though unless Gilgamesh uses Enkidu, Archer Hercules would be able to put up a hell of a fight.

Anyway, like I said in the other topic, Gilgamesh is the strongest Servant. lawl I was wondering how far the topic would get without bringing up Shiki.
Apr 29, 2012 7:15 PM

Apr 2012
TheRealBoyd said:

ssjokg said:
ssjokg said:
1.i could have posted that but I already posted many spoilers for F/Z even if they were in tags.

5,6.Classic Gilgamesh,
yeah the movie was bad and " I don't know why people think he would not lose in two seconds without Gate of Babylon or Ea".perhaps you meant "not win"?It's like you ignored what you typed.Or it's time for me to go to bed....

7.It's been some time since I read the VN. I didnt remember how the "fight" started

Gilgamesh isnt my favorite Heroic Spirit but I believe that he is the strongest so Iam glad you posted this

Wait you mean Shirou takes the techniques or the status rise to meet the status of the original wielders?If his status rise depending to the weapon he is tracing ,I see why Gil had trouble.I always thought that he was able to use the techniques they had....
5/6. As I said, Zero Berserker is the most skilled fighter in pure swordplay. Gilgamesh isn't as skilled in direct combat as some other Servants, so if you take away Noble Phantasms, then Zero Berserker (among other Servants, Saber too) could beat him in direct combat. (Again, though, he's far from the only Servant that relies on their Noble Phantasms). But many fans, especially those who didn't read the VN, assume that Gilgamesh is just as pathetic in direct combat as somebody who's never held a sword before. He IS the strongest because of his Noble Phantasms, I'm just saying he's not an average tier Servant without them.

As for Shirou, I don't remember where/if it's talked about in the VN, but from the Type Moon wiki: "Furthermore, whenever replicating mystical objects such as Noble Phantasms, it is possible to faithfully copy their special abilities and any skill that its owner performed are available for use." It's pretty vague, but whatever that means, it's still something Gilgamesh can't do. I'm pretty sure the VN mentioned you could trace "fighting skill", though.

Gilgamesh can use always active effects of Noble Phantasms, but not invoked ones. For example, if he used Gae Dearg, he would be able to pierce any armor, because that effect is always active; Diarmuid doesn't need to shout out the name to use it. If he used Gae Bolg, however, he would not have the heart piercing effect, because the name must be declared by Cu Chuliann in order to do that.

The thing about Archer Hercules isn't that he's the strongest Servant, but that's the best class for Hercules. Though unless Gilgamesh uses Enkidu, Archer Hercules would be able to put up a hell of a fight.

Anyway, like I said in the other topic, Gilgamesh is the strongest Servant. lawl I was wondering how far the topic would get without bringing up Shiki.

9 bullet revolver
replicates the strength needed to handle 9 lives
so yeh his version of tracing does grant stats necessary to handle the NP
Gil was never shown to actually invoke any noble phantasms other than his favourites so maybe he can but just doesnt
the gae bolg thing
the 1 in GOB is gungnir and doesnt have the heart piercing effect
gae bolg is better than gungnir in that aspect
BloodRequiemApr 29, 2012 7:19 PM
Apr 29, 2012 7:17 PM

Aug 2009
TheRealBoyd said:

ssjokg said:
ssjokg said:

5,6.Classic Gilgamesh,

thanks now I get what you meant about Gilgamesh.I am still confused about Shirou but doesnt matter.
thanks about Heracles too

I know thats why I thought it was weird he lost against Shirou even without Ea or GoB being slower than Shirou's tracing.

As you can see it didnt even reach the second page....
Apr 29, 2012 7:20 PM

Mar 2012
TheRealBoyd said:
Gilgamesh isn't as skilled in direct combat as some other Servants, so if you take away Noble Phantasms, then Zero Berserker (among other Servants, Saber too) could beat him in direct combat. (Again, though, he's far from the only Servant that relies on their Noble Phantasms). But many fans, especially those who didn't read the VN, assume that Gilgamesh is just as pathetic in direct combat as somebody who's never held a sword before. He IS the strongest because of his Noble Phantasms, I'm just saying he's not an average tier Servant without them.

I think he's approximately average tier if we're not talking about noble phantasms.
I wouldn't bet on him if he were up against FSN Assassin, for example. Or any of the FSN Servants, really, except perhaps Rider. Now that I think about it, same goes for Fate/Zero Servants... I can't see him beating anyone if noble phantasms were locked, except obviously Zero Caster and perhaps Assassin.
Apr 29, 2012 7:21 PM

Apr 2012
ataraxial said:
TheRealBoyd said:
Gilgamesh isn't as skilled in direct combat as some other Servants, so if you take away Noble Phantasms, then Zero Berserker (among other Servants, Saber too) could beat him in direct combat. (Again, though, he's far from the only Servant that relies on their Noble Phantasms). But many fans, especially those who didn't read the VN, assume that Gilgamesh is just as pathetic in direct combat as somebody who's never held a sword before. He IS the strongest because of his Noble Phantasms, I'm just saying he's not an average tier Servant without them.

I think he's approximately average tier if we're not talking about noble phantasms.
I wouldn't bet on him if he were up against FSN Assassin, for example. Or any of the FSN Servants, really, except perhaps Rider. Now that I think about it, same goes for Fate/Zero Servants... I can't see him beating anyone if noble phantasms were locked, except obviously Zero Caster and perhaps Assassin.

rider is actually pretty top tier in FSN
Gil's stats in F/Z isnt THAT bad
Apr 29, 2012 7:21 PM

Mar 2012
BloodRequiem said:

With no noble phantasms?
Apr 29, 2012 7:22 PM

Feb 2012
TheRealBoyd said:
The thing about Archer Hercules isn't that he's the strongest Servant, but that's the best class for Hercules.

Apart from word of god, is there any evidence to suggest that? He doesn't have to be Archer-class to use Nine Lives, does he?
Apr 29, 2012 7:22 PM

Apr 2012
ataraxial said:
BloodRequiem said:

With no noble phantasms?

mystic eyes
Apr 29, 2012 7:23 PM

Apr 2012
Hakuromatsu said:
TheRealBoyd said:
The thing about Archer Hercules isn't that he's the strongest Servant, but that's the best class for Hercules.

Apart from word of god, is there any evidence to suggest that? He doesn't have to be Archer-class to use Nine Lives, does he?

9 lives shooting hundred hydra heads is basically bow and arrow so
Apr 29, 2012 7:23 PM

Aug 2009
BloodRequiem said:

^This
Apr 29, 2012 7:27 PM

Apr 2012
ataraxial said:

He'd lose in a direct fight against a lot of those Servants, but unlike them, he has power instead of skill. Just as power isn't everything, skill isn't everything. Not that I'm saying he could beat F/SN Assassin just with his stats. That's what I meant by saying he's not average tier. Though I guess that's a funny way to say that, so I guess I more or less agree with you. Though, again, that's why he's Archer instead of Saber.

Also Gilgamesh's mana is high enough to resist F/SN Rider's eyes. He wouldn't be petrified, just suffer a bit of pressure. Also Hercules doesn't have to be Archer to use Nine Lives, just not Berserker. But as an Archer it can do the "100 Strikes in a single second" thing.
Apr 29, 2012 7:32 PM

Mar 2012
TheRealBoyd said:
He'd lose in a direct fight against a lot of those Servants, but unlike them, he has power instead of skill. Just as power isn't everything, skill isn't everything. Not that I'm saying he could beat F/SN Assassin just with his stats. That's what I meant by saying he's not average tier. Though I guess that's a funny way to say that, so I guess I more or less agree with you. Though, again, that's why he's Archer instead of Saber.

Indeed. So what did you mean by "not average tier"?

TheRealBoyd said:
Also Gilgamesh's mana is high enough to resist F/SN Rider's eyes. He wouldn't be petrified, just suffer a bit of pressure.

This is what I was thinking when I mentioned Rider. Assuming, of course, that Gil is under Tokiomi and not Kirei.
Apr 29, 2012 7:32 PM

Apr 2012
TheRealBoyd said:
ataraxial said:

Also Gilgamesh's mana is high enough to resist F/SN Rider's eyes. He wouldn't be petrified, just suffer a bit of pressure. Also Hercules doesn't have to be Archer to use Nine Lives, just not Berserker. But as an Archer it can do the "100 Strikes in a single second" thing.

sakura medusa has close to same stats as tokiomi gil cept for endurance and luck
but shes got that monstrous strength modifier so...you never know
Apr 29, 2012 7:36 PM

Mar 2012
BloodRequiem said:
sakura medusa has close to same stats as tokiomi gil cept for endurance and luck
but shes got that monstrous strength modifier so...you never know

Yeah it's hard to say. Which is why I said "perhaps Rider."
On the other hand, I can see Gil getting whupped by just about any other FSN servant.
Apr 29, 2012 7:36 PM

Apr 2012
ataraxial said:
Indeed. So what did you mean by "not average tier"?.
Was just saying in terms of pure statistics. Everyone that talks about how strong Saber is in universe refers to her ridiculous stats before even mentioning Excalibur.

Also since FSN Rider's stats were brought up, with Sakura:

Str B, End D, Agl A, Mana B, Luck E, NP A+

Monstrous Strength brings a rank up in Strength, but she can't use it for too long or she'll transform into a gorgon.

Again, Tokiomi Gilgamesh is

Str B, End B, Agl B, Mana A, Luck A, NP EX

And since I brought up Saber, Rin Saber is

Str A, End B, Agl B, Mana A, Luck A+, NP A++
Apr 29, 2012 7:38 PM

Mar 2012
TheRealBoyd said:
ataraxial said:
Was just saying in terms of pure statistics. Everyone that talks about how strong Saber is in universe refers to her ridiculous stats before even mentioning Excalibur.

Monstrous Strength brings a rank up in Strength, but she can't use it for too long or she'll transform into a gorgon.

I see. Skills are kind of important though, like Mystic Eyes and Monstrous Strength for Rider.
Apr 29, 2012 7:39 PM

Apr 2012
TheRealBoyd said:
ataraxial said:

saber also has that precog battle instinct thing which translates alot into PIS
Apr 29, 2012 7:40 PM

Apr 2012
Yeah, that's why I admitted it was a weird way for me to judge that. You're right. Though, his armor is pretty strong, it could protect him from Tsubame Gaeshi, according to Type Moon wiki. Unless Assassin aimed for his head, of course. Which he would.
Apr 29, 2012 7:40 PM

Jun 2008
Honestly, anyone mentioning FSN Rider is weak is because:
a) they haven't played the VN yet nad only watched the anime
b) They're too blinded by the GAR-ness of Zero Rider... lol

Objectively speaking Gilgamesh is the strongest one, If he throws away all his pride, and just use his EX NP fro mthe start of the match.. lol

Visit this blog That I'm working with my friend
http://randomnessthing.com/
Apr 29, 2012 7:41 PM

Mar 2012
BloodRequiem said:

Exactly, whereas Gil has money, which is only useful for his NPs.

TheRealBoyd said:
Yeah, that's why I admitted it was a weird way for me to judge that. You're right. Though, his armor is pretty strong, it could protect him from Tsubame Gaeshi, according to Type Moon wiki. Unless Assassin aimed for his head, of course. Which he would.

This is the best post I've ever read :)
Apr 29, 2012 7:43 PM

Apr 2012
ataraxial said:
BloodRequiem said:

Exactly, whereas Gil has money, which is only useful for his NPs.

TheRealBoyd said:

This is the best post I've ever read :)

but without NPs
all servants are shit
so we cant argue everything stat wise
Apr 29, 2012 7:46 PM

Nov 2011
I'd say Archer/Gilgamesh
Apr 29, 2012 7:47 PM

Aug 2009
NEXT ROUND
berserker Lancelot vs berserker Heracles

Apr 2012
Gilgamesh hands down.

Apr 2012
ssjokg said:
NEXT ROUND

barely a fight
more like slaughter
hercules wins
Apr 29, 2012 7:49 PM

Aug 2009
BloodRequiem said:
ssjokg said:
NEXT ROUND

barely a fight
more like slaughter
hercules wins

so fast...
Apr 29, 2012 7:49 PM

Mar 2012
BloodRequiem said:
ssjokg said:
NEXT ROUND

barely a fight
more like slaughter
hercules wins

But Zero Berserker can fly and stuff...
Apr 29, 2012 7:50 PM

Apr 2012
ssjokg said:
NEXT ROUND
Hercules would easily win before Lancelot could kill him 12 times, if he even could with God Hand's immunity to being killed by the same thing more than once.
Pages (16) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» What's next?

infinite_Shadows - Apr 10

13 by Ain2Zwei »»
Apr 15, 4:48 PM

Poll: » Fate/Zero 2nd Season Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 23, 2012

1325 by Joel77 »»
Mar 25, 11:30 PM

Poll: » Fate/Zero 2nd Season Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

tsubasalover - Jun 16, 2012

655 by Joel77 »»
Mar 25, 11:03 PM

Poll: » Fate/Zero 2nd Season Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Yumekichi11 - Jun 9, 2012

728 by damnit_tomioka »»
Mar 18, 2:06 PM

Poll: » Fate/Zero 2nd Season Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

belatkuro - Apr 28, 2012

585 by goodwake »»
Mar 9, 11:00 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.