Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Pages (16) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »
Apr 29, 2012 7:23 PM

Apr 2012
Hakuromatsu said:
TheRealBoyd said:
The thing about Archer Hercules isn't that he's the strongest Servant, but that's the best class for Hercules.

Apart from word of god, is there any evidence to suggest that? He doesn't have to be Archer-class to use Nine Lives, does he?

9 lives shooting hundred hydra heads is basically bow and arrow so
As a child, I was told that society is a melting pot of talents; knowledge and experience combined to form important alloys that will contribute to mankind. When I got to highschool, however, I thought that it's more like a river in which the water represents our peers while we ourselves are the stones in the river. Constant erosion by mindless majority sheeping has made us lose our unique edge. After I hit the age of 18, I realized that I've been wrong all along. Society is no melting pot. Society is no river. Society is a person, a very skilled rapist, and he has fucked us all.
Apr 29, 2012 7:23 PM

Aug 2009
BloodRequiem said:

rider is actually pretty top tier in FSN

^This
Apr 29, 2012 7:27 PM

Apr 2012
ataraxial said:
I think he's approximately average tier if we're not talking about noble phantasms.

I wouldn't bet on him if he were up against FSN Assassin, for example. Or any of the FSN Servants, really, except perhaps Rider. Now that I think about it, same goes for Fate/Zero Servants... I can't see him beating anyone if noble phantasms were locked, except obviously Zero Caster and perhaps Assassin.
He'd lose in a direct fight against a lot of those Servants, but unlike them, he has power instead of skill. Just as power isn't everything, skill isn't everything. Not that I'm saying he could beat F/SN Assassin just with his stats. That's what I meant by saying he's not average tier. Though I guess that's a funny way to say that, so I guess I more or less agree with you. Though, again, that's why he's Archer instead of Saber.

Also Gilgamesh's mana is high enough to resist F/SN Rider's eyes. He wouldn't be petrified, just suffer a bit of pressure. Also Hercules doesn't have to be Archer to use Nine Lives, just not Berserker. But as an Archer it can do the "100 Strikes in a single second" thing.
Apr 29, 2012 7:32 PM

Mar 2012
TheRealBoyd said:
He'd lose in a direct fight against a lot of those Servants, but unlike them, he has power instead of skill. Just as power isn't everything, skill isn't everything. Not that I'm saying he could beat F/SN Assassin just with his stats. That's what I meant by saying he's not average tier. Though I guess that's a funny way to say that, so I guess I more or less agree with you. Though, again, that's why he's Archer instead of Saber.

Indeed. So what did you mean by "not average tier"?

TheRealBoyd said:
Also Gilgamesh's mana is high enough to resist F/SN Rider's eyes. He wouldn't be petrified, just suffer a bit of pressure.

This is what I was thinking when I mentioned Rider. Assuming, of course, that Gil is under Tokiomi and not Kirei.
Apr 29, 2012 7:32 PM

Apr 2012
TheRealBoyd said:
ataraxial said:
I think he's approximately average tier if we're not talking about noble phantasms.

I wouldn't bet on him if he were up against FSN Assassin, for example. Or any of the FSN Servants, really, except perhaps Rider. Now that I think about it, same goes for Fate/Zero Servants... I can't see him beating anyone if noble phantasms were locked, except obviously Zero Caster and perhaps Assassin.

Also Gilgamesh's mana is high enough to resist F/SN Rider's eyes. He wouldn't be petrified, just suffer a bit of pressure. Also Hercules doesn't have to be Archer to use Nine Lives, just not Berserker. But as an Archer it can do the "100 Strikes in a single second" thing.

sakura medusa has close to same stats as tokiomi gil cept for endurance and luck
but shes got that monstrous strength modifier so...you never know
As a child, I was told that society is a melting pot of talents; knowledge and experience combined to form important alloys that will contribute to mankind. When I got to highschool, however, I thought that it's more like a river in which the water represents our peers while we ourselves are the stones in the river. Constant erosion by mindless majority sheeping has made us lose our unique edge. After I hit the age of 18, I realized that I've been wrong all along. Society is no melting pot. Society is no river. Society is a person, a very skilled rapist, and he has fucked us all.
Apr 29, 2012 7:36 PM

Mar 2012
BloodRequiem said:
sakura medusa has close to same stats as tokiomi gil cept for endurance and luck
but shes got that monstrous strength modifier so...you never know

Yeah it's hard to say. Which is why I said "perhaps Rider."
On the other hand, I can see Gil getting whupped by just about any other FSN servant.
Apr 29, 2012 7:36 PM

Apr 2012
ataraxial said:
Indeed. So what did you mean by "not average tier"?.
Was just saying in terms of pure statistics. Everyone that talks about how strong Saber is in universe refers to her ridiculous stats before even mentioning Excalibur.

Also since FSN Rider's stats were brought up, with Sakura:

Str B, End D, Agl A, Mana B, Luck E, NP A+

Monstrous Strength brings a rank up in Strength, but she can't use it for too long or she'll transform into a gorgon.

Again, Tokiomi Gilgamesh is

Str B, End B, Agl B, Mana A, Luck A, NP EX

And since I brought up Saber, Rin Saber is

Str A, End B, Agl B, Mana A, Luck A+, NP A++
Apr 29, 2012 7:38 PM

Mar 2012
TheRealBoyd said:
ataraxial said:
Was just saying in terms of pure statistics. Everyone that talks about how strong Saber is in universe refers to her ridiculous stats before even mentioning Excalibur.

Monstrous Strength brings a rank up in Strength, but she can't use it for too long or she'll transform into a gorgon.

I see. Skills are kind of important though, like Mystic Eyes and Monstrous Strength for Rider.
Apr 29, 2012 7:39 PM

Apr 2012
TheRealBoyd said:
ataraxial said:

saber also has that precog battle instinct thing which translates alot into PIS
Apr 29, 2012 7:40 PM

Apr 2012
Yeah, that's why I admitted it was a weird way for me to judge that. You're right. Though, his armor is pretty strong, it could protect him from Tsubame Gaeshi, according to Type Moon wiki. Unless Assassin aimed for his head, of course. Which he would.
Apr 29, 2012 7:40 PM

Jun 2008
Honestly, anyone mentioning FSN Rider is weak is because:
a) they haven't played the VN yet nad only watched the anime
b) They're too blinded by the GAR-ness of Zero Rider... lol

Objectively speaking Gilgamesh is the strongest one, If he throws away all his pride, and just use his EX NP fro mthe start of the match.. lol

Visit this blog That I'm working with my friend
http://randomnessthing.com/
Apr 29, 2012 7:41 PM

Mar 2012
BloodRequiem said:

Exactly, whereas Gil has money, which is only useful for his NPs.

TheRealBoyd said:
Yeah, that's why I admitted it was a weird way for me to judge that. You're right. Though, his armor is pretty strong, it could protect him from Tsubame Gaeshi, according to Type Moon wiki. Unless Assassin aimed for his head, of course. Which he would.

This is the best post I've ever read :)
Apr 29, 2012 7:43 PM

Apr 2012
ataraxial said:
BloodRequiem said:

Exactly, whereas Gil has money, which is only useful for his NPs.

TheRealBoyd said:

This is the best post I've ever read :)

but without NPs
all servants are shit
so we cant argue everything stat wise
Apr 29, 2012 7:46 PM

Nov 2011
I'd say Archer/Gilgamesh
Apr 29, 2012 7:47 PM

Aug 2009
NEXT ROUND
berserker Lancelot vs berserker Heracles

Apr 2012
Gilgamesh hands down.

Apr 2012
ssjokg said:
NEXT ROUND

barely a fight
more like slaughter
hercules wins
Apr 29, 2012 7:49 PM

Aug 2009
BloodRequiem said:
ssjokg said:
NEXT ROUND

barely a fight
more like slaughter
hercules wins

so fast...
Apr 29, 2012 7:49 PM

Mar 2012
BloodRequiem said:
ssjokg said:
NEXT ROUND

barely a fight
more like slaughter
hercules wins

But Zero Berserker can fly and stuff...
Apr 29, 2012 7:50 PM

Apr 2012
ssjokg said:
NEXT ROUND
Hercules would easily win before Lancelot could kill him 12 times, if he even could with God Hand's immunity to being killed by the same thing more than once.

Apr 2012
ataraxial said:
BloodRequiem said:
ssjokg said:
NEXT ROUND

barely a fight
more like slaughter
hercules wins

But Zero Berserker can fly and stuff...

spirit form - get on the plane no problem
lancelot cant get past godhand without arondight and once he draws that he will prob take 1 life and get squashed
hercules can regen his lives as well

Aug 2009
@ataraxial
still his NP wouldnt be ranked high enough to hurt heracles
Apr 29, 2012 7:52 PM

Apr 2012
wait for the flame war when we get to archer vs Gil...
Apr 29, 2012 7:53 PM

Mar 2012
ssjokg said:
@ataraxial

That's true. It goes to a default rank of D or something obnoxiously low iirc.
But if it could... well, at least it would be more interesting.

TheRealBoyd said:
ssjokg said:
NEXT ROUND
Hercules would easily win before Lancelot could kill him 12 times, if he even could with God Hand's immunity to being killed by the same thing more than once.

Assuming Heracles could be hurt at all, Zero Berserker could come up with different ways to kill him, a la Emiya.
Apr 29, 2012 7:55 PM

Aug 2009
BloodRequiem said:

I wonder if will anyone say that archer should trace Ea....

ssjokgApr 30, 2012 4:54 AM
Apr 29, 2012 7:56 PM

Apr 2012
The thing with Archer and Gilgamesh is that they have a bunch of different weapons to get around that immunity. All of the awesome weapons Lancelot got in Fate/Zero were because of plot, they weren't just lying around.
Apr 29, 2012 7:56 PM

Apr 2012
ataraxial said:
ssjokg said:
@ataraxial

TheRealBoyd said:
ssjokg said:
NEXT ROUND

Assuming Heracles could be hurt at all, Zero Berserker could come up with different ways to kill him, a la Emiya.

archer could trace stuff and make BPs
ssjokg said:
BloodRequiem said:

I wonder if anyone will say that archer should trace Ea....

or archer tracing avalon...
Apr 29, 2012 8:01 PM

Aug 2009
BloodRequiem said:
ataraxial said:
ssjokg said:
@ataraxial

TheRealBoyd said:
ssjokg said:
NEXT ROUND

ssjokg said:
BloodRequiem said:

sure he can... if they only watched the anime that is

many have that problem.
Apr 29, 2012 8:04 PM

Apr 2012
ssjokg said:
BloodRequiem said:
ataraxial said:
ssjokg said:
@ataraxial

TheRealBoyd said:
ssjokg said:
NEXT ROUND

ssjokg said:
BloodRequiem said:

sure he can... if they only watched the anime that is

many have that problem.

some even wanked as far as archer tracing and using caliburn
Apr 29, 2012 8:47 PM

May 2011
Saber with Rin as her master and Avalon gets my vote.

Although, raw destructive power and range goes to Gilgamesh.
Apr 29, 2012 8:50 PM

Apr 2012
-Shuda- said:

rin saber wont get avalon
thats the problem
Apr 29, 2012 8:53 PM

May 2011
BloodRequiem said:
-Shuda- said:

thats the problem

True, but I was considering each servant at their "possible" strongest. All abilities, NP's and Combinations. Rin-Saber with Avalon would be the most versatile imo.
Apr 29, 2012 11:54 PM

Apr 2012
-Shuda- said:
BloodRequiem said:
-Shuda- said:

thats the problem

True, but I was considering each servant at their "possible" strongest. All abilities, NP's and Combinations. Rin-Saber with Avalon would be the most versatile imo.

but rin saber with avalon is not canon
Apr 30, 2012 12:58 AM

Nov 2011
Gil is the strongest based on both displayed feats and word of God. He can win the HGW in one night if he wasn't being nerfed b the plot and his own character stupidity.
The Art of Eight
Apr 30, 2012 1:25 AM

Nov 2007
I probably shouldn't get involved in this...

Gilgamesh is just hands down the strongest and if there is a servant stronger, we haven't been shown them yet.

Reasons Gil is just better than the rest:

All of that sums up what Gilgamesh can do with less than 10% of what he actually has at his disposal. Basically, with the number of Noble Phantasms he has he can hardcounter or completely prevent almost anything and the only reason he ever loses is his ego which has nothing to do with his capabilities as a servant.

Ignoring Gilgamesh, the strongest servants are probably (in no order) Iskander, Medea, Lancelot, Karna, Hercules, Archer.

For Karna:

For Iskander:

For Medea:

For Lancelot:

For Hercules:

Archer:
Apr 30, 2012 1:48 AM

Apr 2012
Thalos said:
I probably shouldn't get involved in this...

Gilgamesh is just hands down the strongest and if there is a servant stronger, we haven't been shown them yet.

Reasons Gil is just better than the rest:

All of that sums up what Gilgamesh can do with less than 10% of what he actually has at his disposal. Basically, with the number of Noble Phantasms he has he can hardcounter or completely prevent almost anything and the only reason he ever loses is his ego which has nothing to do with his capabilities as a servant.

Ignoring Gilgamesh, the strongest servants are probably (in no order) Iskander, Medea, Lancelot, Karna, Hercules, Archer.

For Karna:

For Iskander:

For Medea:

For Lancelot:

For Hercules:

Archer:

apocrypha servants are prob the most haxed in nasuverse
saint george and jack the ripper LOL

only a few things i disagree with

zerker lancelot is below rider iskander tier
nuke thing and plane thing- very situational
not like there are planes and nukes everywhere for him to corrupt

lancer cu chulainn>rider medusa> or = archer EMIYA>or =rider iskander

caster medea depends on prep and compatibility
so it could go either way

BloodRequiemApr 30, 2012 1:57 AM
Apr 30, 2012 1:59 AM

Nov 2007
BloodRequiem said:

only a few things i disagree with

zerker lancelot is below iskander tier
nuke thing and plane thing- very situational
not like there are planes and nukes everywhere for him to corrupt

cu chulainn>medusa> or = EMIYA>or =iskander

I agree that strictly speaking Lancelot is not the same tier as Iskander, but I still consider him high tier compared to most. As long as you can find an airbase not too far from the Grail then raiding it and stealing one would not be too hard for a servant. The main problem is whether one is in range or not. But even aside from that, modern weapons (once noble phantasms) are deadly in their own right. A machinegun will become scary to servants once made into a NP and if the servant only has melee abilities they're basically doomed against him because he's probably the strongest at swordsmanship and his NP is one of the top anti-unit swords.
Apr 30, 2012 2:45 AM

Aug 2009
Does anyone remember how much a servant's status increase while being an Alter.If it was ever mentioned that is...
Apr 30, 2012 3:10 AM

Jun 2009
If in the Archer (Emiya) vs Berserker (Heracles) fight, Archer uses UBW first and instead of going head on but just shoots all of his weapons as BPs, would he have been able to beat Berserker.

Doesn't this make you hungry?
Apr 30, 2012 3:19 AM

Aug 2009
MapoTofu said:
If in the Archer (Emiya) vs Berserker (Heracles) fight, Archer uses UBW first and instead of going head on but just shoots all of his weapons as BPs, would he have been able to beat Berserker.

Heracles Berserker isnt as slow as the anime makes him to be.And no one knows how Archer really fought him.And he wasnt at full power because of Saber's attack in the beginning.If Shirou was able to beat him I dont see EMIYA being unable to since he is a lot more powerful than his younger self.
ssjokgApr 30, 2012 3:27 AM
Apr 30, 2012 4:11 AM

Jan 2011
Thalos said:

Pretty much that. Until someone summons Lilith or something, Gilgamesh remains the strongest servant of them all by a mile...
Apr 30, 2012 4:24 AM

Feb 2011
archer aka Emiya Shirou.
Apr 30, 2012 5:46 AM

Mar 2012
Venneria said:
archer aka Emiya Shirou.

Except you seem not to have voted for him...
Apr 30, 2012 7:37 AM

Apr 2012
ssjokg said:
MapoTofu said:

Heracles Berserker isnt as slow as the anime makes him to be.And no one knows how Archer really fought him.And he wasnt at full power because of Saber's attack in the beginning.If Shirou was able to beat him I dont see EMIYA being unable to since he is a lot more powerful than his younger self.

BP takes a huge amount of prana which is counterproductive to the whole point of using UBW because the point of UBW is having access to high ranked, accurate copies while keeping cost low

berserker is several times faster than archer

and no archer cant trace avalon or caliburn because he doesnt have a connection with saber therefore he has no image

and im pretty sure he healed that wound saber gave him a long time ago
BloodRequiemApr 30, 2012 7:50 AM
Apr 30, 2012 7:48 AM

Apr 2012
ssjokg said:
Does anyone remember how much a servant's status increase while being an Alter.If it was ever mentioned that is...

saber alter > or = rin saber > kiritsugu saber > shirou saber

alter can spam excalibur nonstop and is always pranabursting
but luck and agility drops

normal berserker > dark berserker
Apr 30, 2012 8:50 AM

Nov 2011
Oh. I almost forgot to add, Shiki can kill Servants. kthxbai :3
The Art of Eight
Apr 30, 2012 9:30 AM

Aug 2010
BloodRequiem said:
-Shuda- said:
BloodRequiem said:
-Shuda- said:

thats the problem

but rin saber with avalon is not canon

It's a possibility though.

I'm surprised most servants have 0 votes. Looks like most of us here know who the strongest servant is.
Apr 30, 2012 9:41 AM

Aug 2009
I am surprised that GARcher has zero votes.His fans either didnt come here yet or after the start of FZ they changed to Gilgamesh.

I thought Emiya to be the strongest a time long ago but I changed the moment I learnt that he cant trace Ea because of UBW 's limits I changed.But he still is my favorite.
ssjokgApr 30, 2012 10:06 AM
Apr 30, 2012 9:46 AM

Apr 2012
ssjokg said:
I am surprised that GARcher has zero votes.His fans either didnt come here yet or after the start of FZ they changed to Gilgamesh.

I thought Emiya to be the strongest a long ago but I changed the moment I learnt that he cant trace Ea because of UBW 's limits I changed.But he still is my favorite.

archer is considered to be mid/high tier but he wont get above saber
and who the hell voted for zero berseker? total wanker there
Apr 30, 2012 10:09 AM

Aug 2009
BloodRequiem said:
ssjokg said:

I thought Emiya to be the strongest a long ago but I changed the moment I learnt that he cant trace Ea because of UBW 's limits I changed.But he still is my favorite.

archer is considered to be mid/high tier but he wont get above saber
and who the hell voted for zero berseker? total wanker there

I believe Emiya has some chances against saber.He doesnt need to fight in close quarters.
Pages (16) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Fate/Zero 2nd Season Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

tsubasalover - May 12, 2012

589 by frieren2024 »»
Today, 4:02 AM

» What's next?

infinite_Shadows - Apr 10

13 by Ain2Zwei »»
Apr 15, 4:48 PM

Poll: » Fate/Zero 2nd Season Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 23, 2012

1325 by Joel77 »»
Mar 25, 11:30 PM

Poll: » Fate/Zero 2nd Season Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

tsubasalover - Jun 16, 2012

655 by Joel77 »»
Mar 25, 11:03 PM

Poll: » Fate/Zero 2nd Season Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Yumekichi11 - Jun 9, 2012

728 by damnit_tomioka »»
Mar 18, 2:06 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.