Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Cardcaptor Sakura Collector’s Edition
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Sep 12, 2008 2:44 PM
Sep 2008
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
cant be serious all guys in cinderella. lol like back in the 1600s they would have guys play the girls too ! i thought those girls in dresses (who were really guys) preparing for the play were too big lol

toya likes someone else.. sister complex ! but i might've spoiled it for myself..
edwrdgrhmSep 12, 2008 2:56 PM
Sep 18, 2008 6:15 PM

Jan 2008
Lol, it was pretty funny to see Toya - a huge big guy - in a dress and acting xD

Oo, no you didn't spoil anything for yourself - trust me :)

Amazing sig set thanks to -DraGonZ-
Jun 16, 2009 5:28 PM

Oct 2007
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 11, 2009 12:14 PM

Dec 2008
they captured the card a bit too easy, meaning that this episode centered mostly on toya and the relationship between sakura and syaoran.

and yes, the play was indeed weird.
Aug 3, 2009 1:51 PM

Jun 2007
jazmin_s said:
Lol, it was pretty funny to see Toya - a huge big guy - in a dress and acting xD

yes, even though he wasnt really into it xD
need more toya screen time 8D
Dec 21, 2009 5:51 PM

Jul 2009
hm... Sakura was really cute =3
and wait... Toya likes someone else? I wish I remembered this Anime from when I watched it back in 2004 >.<
May 31, 2010 8:01 AM

Nov 2009
jonybravito said:
and wait... Toya likes someone else? I wish I remembered this Anime from when I watched it back in 2004 >.<

I wont spoil it for u, but all i will say is it has something to do with yuhie(not sure if thats how it is spelled).

If your wondering who yuhie is, hes like kero who is also a guardian but he's power relates to the moon.
I think i saw a cookie monster!

No wait, its just death.
Oct 10, 2010 12:59 PM
Jul 2010
The play was pure awesomeness. I wish we could do something like that in our school. Wait, I just had a great idea for the creativity category of our yearly contest!

Well, anyway, nice episode. Toya is really popular.
Oct 10, 2011 2:10 PM

Jun 2009
Quite enjoyed this episode, actually. Touya is pro.
"Yes, I have been deprived of emotion. But not completely. Whoever did it, botched the job."

- Geralt of Rivia
Oct 5, 2012 12:40 PM
Jul 2012
Tukito's smile is so funny when he won't tell Sakura about her brother. Kawaii!!!
Tsk.. Meanie!
Oct 5, 2012 6:31 PM

Oct 2009
noisound said:
cant be serious all guys in cinderella. lol like back in the 1600s they would have guys play the girls too !

Well not only guys, the guys' roles were played by girls
Mar 5, 2013 6:55 PM

Jul 2008
Okay everyone now has a Sakura Complex...Toya, Yukito, Tomoyo and her mother.

Also Sakura was pretty heads up in handling the card.
Mar 17, 2013 2:11 PM
Jul 2018
This episode was... interesting.
Jun 30, 2013 6:27 PM
Oct 2010
4 eyes is quite the loli con. li was a lil bit jelly there at the end lol. who does her bro like? h-h-h-her!!!!??? how lewd. sakura so popular
Dont bother replying to my posts in forums, dont check them afterwards.

Jul 17, 2013 6:36 AM

Nov 2011
I wonder if this series really full of 'forbidden' or unusual loves.. Starts with Tomoyo to Sakura, then Sakura to Yukito, then Shaolan to Yukito, and now likely is Touya to Sakura ... LOL

Hmm.. but maybe it all is not fully like that, maybe it's merely wants to show that each characters has depths.. ( and I accidentally read post aboves about Yuhie or something, I don't want to get spoiled more ... XD )
"The Slave is the have-not, the oppressed one with nothing to spare.
But because the Slave is in that despairing situation, having nothing, it can kill the Emperor !"
Jul 17, 2013 7:09 AM

Oct 2009
Tomoyo and Sakura are friends. Even if Tomoyo loves Sakura, it's no more than platonic love. Touya to Sakura? That's brother's love. The rest... you'll see later
Oct 11, 2013 11:45 AM

Aug 2012
Ginderbent Cinderella xD How can you not love that?!! and that Li likes Yukito is just so adorable! <3
My first thought about Toya rejecting the girl is that he's gay :D but that's probably not the case...
Feb 23, 2014 4:18 AM

Aug 2013
Serhiyko said:
Tomoyo and Sakura are friends. Even if Tomoyo loves Sakura, it's no more than platonic love. Touya to Sakura? That's brother's love. The rest... you'll see later

Wrong Tomoya does romanticaly love Sakura (why do you make it seem like a problem anyway). Its canon.
BTW Touya isnt in love with his little sister (he loves her as a little sister but not romantically) rather he loves

Its pretty darn obvious as well. I suppose homophobes are just being ordinary trashy douche's.
[/url]
Seven-Coloured Puppeteer.
Feb 23, 2014 4:32 AM

Oct 2009
Saffron_entity said:
Wrong Tomoya does romanticaly love Sakura

And tell me, HOW does that contradict with what I said?

Saffron_entity said:
why do you make it seem like a problem anyway

I don't

Saffron_entity said:
BTW Touya isnt in love with his little sister (he loves her as a little sister but not romantically) rather he loves

Its pretty darn obvious as well.

And that's exactly what I said
Mar 11, 2014 4:01 PM

Mar 2014
Jim_Heart said:
I wonder if this series really full of 'forbidden' or unusual loves..

I'd definitely say "forbidden love" is one of the themes running through the show, even if it's usually only hinted at - this ep being case in point.

Also agreed that the mist was caught a little TOO easily, though clearly the card was secondary to the rest of the action this time. The writers are starting to lay some seeds...

Speaking of the mist - anyone surprised Sakura didn't think to use The Wind? That would have been my immediate thought. Granted, we've already seen The Wind used more than any other card, but here I think it would have made sense to just blow away the mist or trap it in a cyclone or something.
Mar 14, 2014 11:15 PM

Feb 2014
sakura and syaoran bonding over their crushes on yukito is my favorite thing
Apr 22, 2014 4:05 PM

Sep 2013
The play was great! loved seeing Kinomoto playing Cinderella and Yukito as a can of Mackeral xD

Using the shadow card was a good tactic , I would have thought windy but then Sakura would have to risk going down there to get the card exposing her magical self to her brother

Yukito's basketball skills for the win! Syaoran '' What are you doing with that childish thing?'' * Walks away with his own Plush XD

crossodile said:

Touche
AversaApr 23, 2014 11:15 AM
May 8, 2014 12:03 PM
Nov 2013
Sakura and Li-kun are the cutest rivals! I know how you feel Li-kun but you can't dance with Yukito :p
May 8, 2014 12:03 PM
Nov 2013
crossodile said:

I agree :p
May 25, 2014 1:40 PM
Jul 2012
DefiantEye said:
jonybravito said:

I wont spoil it for u, but all i will say is it has something to do with yuhie(not sure if thats how it is spelled).

If your wondering who yuhie is, hes like kero who is also a guardian but he's power relates to the moon.

his name is Yue
Jan 23, 2015 12:16 AM

Feb 2008
All these spoilers in the episode threads, people too retarded to figure out that some people are watching it for the first time when commenting.

It was an alright episode, better than the awful previous one. The Yukito, Sakura and Sharoan love triangle makes me laugh every time Sakura and Shaoran get embarrassed at the same time, like in sync.

"Your sight, my delight. Will you marry me?"
Jan 23, 2015 7:28 AM

Oct 2009
ZetaZaku said:
All these spoilers in the episode threads, people too retarded to figure out that some people are watching it for the first time when commenting.

People usually read episode threads after watching the episode
Jan 23, 2015 9:54 AM

Feb 2008
Luna_slave_No61 said:
ZetaZaku said:

People usually read episode threads after watching the episode

I don't remember any
being mentioned in this episode. Episode threads are there to discuss the episode, not what's going to happen later.

"Your sight, my delight. Will you marry me?"
Jun 9, 2015 12:23 AM
May 2015
Sweet rivalry between Sakura and Syaoran
Aug 16, 2015 3:50 PM

Jul 2012
Metty said:

quite funny nonetheless xD
"In the past few months since we met, I've shared many memories with Nagato. Though I've also shared memories with Haruhi, Asahina-san and Koizumi, I found that I've experienced more events with Nagato in particular. In fact, every situation seems to involve her. I might as well mention this, she's probably the only person to cause the bell within me to shake the most vigorously..." ~ Kyon, TMOSH
Nov 28, 2015 9:55 PM
Bunnies 🍓

Jan 2013
Girl got rejected by Touya. The Mist caught too easy

I liked how Yukito spent like $300 yen in plushies,

Jan 6, 2016 7:44 AM

Jun 2015
Such a hilarious and great episode.
Feb 5, 2017 6:48 AM
Jan 2017
A. Part of me feels like the call to Kero is the writers trying to poke at one of the main themes of the show right under our noses.
B. Well, Li what did you expect. It's called karma. When you stop acting like an ass you get to have satisfying character moments too.
C.I'm fine with Mist going down easy, there's a lot more cards to go and I'm sure we're gonna be in for some more interesting fights.
D. They're just gonna keep rolling with the sexuality theme aren't they? Welp, all aboard the ships train I guess *choo choo*
Henshin!
May 20, 2017 5:45 AM

Feb 2014
Probably the gayest episode of any anime I've watched outside of Yuri on Ice.

And Tomoyo looked pretty cute in a ponytail.
Sep 24, 2017 2:05 AM

Dec 2016
Yukito got some insane basketball skills.

That was a very unique version of Cinderella.

Well that got very dangerous there because of The Mist.

Touya rejected her, oh well maybe another time.

Sakura got her special time with Yukito.
Nov 22, 2017 11:16 AM

Nov 2011
This time, Clow's card, you did not even look at the face, what a pity. But as someone has already said, the episode is a mere pretext to show a little more about Touya's account and the school context he lives in. Always very well cared for the costume design. How cute those cute rabbit puppets.
Apr 7, 2018 9:13 PM

Sep 2017
Best cinderella play ever. Sakura gets the mist card and both Sakura and Syaoran get more chemistry by being in sync. Also, Touya seems to love someone else. I wonder who it could be. I hope it is Sakura, cause if it is Yukito, that's a no ship.

The cinderella play was a major troll. I LOL'd the whole play.

Without change,we end up becoming the very person we hate.

I was dead until the moment I met you. I was a powerless corpse pretending to be alive. Living without power, without the ability to change my course, was bound to lead me to a slow death.

Sep 1, 2018 12:13 PM

May 2016
Getting to roam around in a cultural festival and get the food in every stall for free must've been awesome. It also helps that having the guy who gave you the all-pass would win a complementary stuffed toy for you and your friends.

Welp, that cross-dressing play does sound like a novel idea now that I saw it in action. The whole play coupled with the reactions from the two rivals in innocent love was hilarious.

After that harrowing experience with the Mist card, I thought that a new ship finally would've sailed but turns out that Touya already likes someone else and rejected her like everyone else that came before her. Poor lady got her one dance like she wanted and nothing more. Li didn't get to dance with Yukito too.

Jan 14, 2019 12:16 PM

Dec 2014
Wow the play was so funny..really glad they adapted
Apr 21, 2019 4:57 PM
Aug 2018
I would expect Yoko to become a relevant love interest for Touya, but it looks like she will remain a minor character, since she doesn't even have a character profile here on MAL.

And both Kinomoto and Tsukishiro don't have interests in girlfriends? Looking at what I saw from this anime so far, I wouldn't surprise me if they turned out to be gay. What a shame.

And they have so many girls in the drama club but only boys in the play? Wtf?
tr25a3Apr 21, 2019 5:00 PM
Jul 30, 2019 12:17 PM
Sep 2007
That Cindarella play was... unusual XD Sakura's reaction to her brother's play was priceless.

And because girls are attracted to guys not interested in them (because why love should be requited and save us a lot of drama?) Kinomoto almost got himself a girlfriend. Almost...
Aug 27, 2019 7:15 AM
Apr 2018
What the fuck was with the character proportions this episode? They looked really stretched out half the time.
Apr 21, 2020 1:20 PM

Aug 2017
Nice episode! I loved the gender swap in the Cinderella play and the moment Sakura and Li had the exact same thought made me laugh :) I can see why Sakura likes Yukito so much, he seems so soft but he has some basketball skills for sure. This Mist Card was intriguing too and I loved how Sakura was able to defeat it in the end :)
Mar 6, 2021 12:13 PM

Jul 2016
People who thought Touya was referring to Sakura when he said he liked someone couldn't have made me cringe harder.
Apr 21, 2021 7:05 PM

Dec 2015
Well, this is an old anime/manga and a highly influential one that the cat's out of the bag a long time ago. Even I, who's watching Sakura in full for the first time, knows who's Touya really likes.
Apr 24, 2021 12:55 PM

Aug 2018
lol, whole cast for Cinderella are males.. I mean.. I heard that before males were dominant playing even female roles.. But don't know, if Cinderella was popular in theaters before or not, as well as how it was in Japanese theater..
I have no idea, whether Touya is into his sister, or just isn't interested in relationships, or something else.. It could be anything.. For now - I don't care too much, I guess.. Only will say that poor girl who liked him, but eh, maybe it's even for the better that she'll find someone better..
Apr 24, 2021 10:34 PM

Oct 2013
On what basis are people saying that Touya's 'I like someone else' is aimed at Sakura?!
May 27, 2021 7:02 PM

Jun 2014
I never thought I'd see Touya dressed as a woman! Lol. He even kept that serious "Chirico Cuvie" face the entire time. :P

Jun 30, 2021 12:31 PM

Jan 2021
I wonder if Touya likes yukito
Nov 3, 2021 4:33 PM

Aug 2019
Heh, it's Sorta Cinderella before there was Sorta Cinderella. I love it!
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Cardcaptor Sakura Episode 37 Discussion

xxjanism - Aug 7, 2009

36 by CronoGlasses »»
Apr 8, 9:32 AM

Poll: » Cardcaptor Sakura Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Kappaka - Sep 12, 2008

76 by Daviljoe193 »»
Apr 8, 6:49 AM

Poll: » Cardcaptor Sakura Episode 57 Discussion

gohdan - Apr 25, 2010

46 by johneaston »»
Apr 6, 4:40 PM

Poll: » Cardcaptor Sakura Episode 11 Discussion

enkil - Jun 29, 2009

36 by Ch0coPudding »»
Mar 31, 3:34 PM

Poll: » Cardcaptor Sakura Episode 10 Discussion

enkil - Jun 27, 2009

43 by Ch0coPudding »»
Mar 31, 2:40 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.