Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 11, 2008 3:06 AM

Jul 2008
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
I just this RAW. Big shock! Sora apparently has some disease that (based what I understood) she will die of during the next few days or by next summer. The disease is linked to her father. It think it has to do with her heart and come to think of it in #7 we see her having a first stroke but until you see this episode, one would not know.

The teacher really hits Gouta bad but then again even my friend would do that to me if I started to grab him like that. GOUTA YOU STILL THE MAN! Stood for Sora cause you love her. Good show! Hmmmmm ONE THING, Gouta should have fried the teacher! It would be nice to see when someone is pissed off and use crazy magic!

Gouta running like crazy to look for Sora proves his care further on. I also think Sora was being very expressive with Gouta in the park!

IT'S DEFINITELY GETTING BETTER! #11....Euh! Let's hope Sora survives! I don't want anything of death in this anime!

OK...so I saw the subs....A heart attack that involves the mechanism of the heart that increases in beat when exposed to loud sound or light. COnsidering they mention her attack was last summer...this summer will be one year.

WHY CAN'T THEY somehow have kept her away from these things???? I KNOW THEY TRIED by having her in the country and all but IT WAS NOT ENOUGH! That is so disappointing even if it a disease only contracted by mages....should they at least know about it?

THIS PIC CONVEYED FEELINGS OF SORA OF WANTING TO LIVE AND I UNDERSTOOD THEM.
angel999Sep 30, 2008 10:27 PM
Oops! I appear to be incapable of following Rules 16 and 17, so I had to have a mod change my sig for me.
Sep 13, 2008 8:35 AM

Nov 2007
(from EP9 discussion)
angel999 said:
kimatg said:
I hardly doubt Sora was doing "that" with sensei...

looking at the scene again and the next EP preview, titled "いのち" (which means life)

it probably may be something related to Sora's health, disease etc...

well anyways we'll see what happens next week :)

Yeah one thing, Sora ain't sick and I did not see her sick except once but she passed that cause it was equal with that of a cold.

heh, told ya it was something related to health! XDD

yeah... but even so the episode was kinda depressing... wtf she's gonna die? no way!

hope everything works out fine as a happy ending for Sora and Gouta. :)

kimatg on | blog | pixiv | deviantART
Sep 13, 2008 10:38 AM

Jul 2008
kimatg said:
(from EP9 discussion)
angel999 said:
kimatg said:
I hardly doubt Sora was doing "that" with sensei...

looking at the scene again and the next EP preview, titled "いのち" (which means life)

it probably may be something related to Sora's health, disease etc...

well anyways we'll see what happens next week :)

Yeah one thing, Sora ain't sick and I did not see her sick except once but she passed that cause it was equal with that of a cold.

heh, told ya it was something related to health! XDD

yeah... but even so the episode was kinda depressing... wtf she's gonna die? no way!

hope everything works out fine as a happy ending for Sora and Gouta. :)

You were right! Yeah I hope it turns out good and Gouta's magic will save her! Remember in #8 that she helped Gouta boost his magic powers.
Oops! I appear to be incapable of following Rules 16 and 17, so I had to have a mod change my sig for me.
Sep 30, 2008 6:13 PM

Feb 2008
who the hell lets someone use magic on them....haha

meh....the alternate to this one was far more exciting. everything just feel like they are in slow motion.

meh im disapointed even more. to shake her resolve like that only makes her weaker. we can only depend on others so far, and then we must rely on ourselves. clinging to life when you know death is inevitable is a rather sad thing to do.
kisamiSep 30, 2008 6:28 PM
Oct 1, 2008 4:12 AM
Aug 2008
kisami said:

In a world where magic is as highly regulated as policemen, ambulances, and civil servants, it's like having a guy walk up to you and say, "I'm an emergency medical technician, I need you to hold this guy's neck while I do mouth-to-mouth."

I.e. it's not a big favor to ask, and the guy is trained and certified, so most folks would probably trust him.

Remember if mages abuse their powers, the mage-licensing society comes down on them hard, so mages are no scarier than mailmen.

Boy, and here I thought immodesty or sexual harassment was going to be the big drama point of the series. They sure know how to crank up the drama.

I guess disease is a standard romance-story plot element though. "Full Moon Wo Sagashite" certainly used it to emphasize the heroine's plucky courage, but I got super bored after just a few eps of that show, whereas I really like this show.

Edit: Great moment in the episode was: the rumpled, pin-striped hipster punches Gouta hard enough to knock him flat.
formosanOct 1, 2008 4:17 AM
Oct 1, 2008 10:11 AM

Aug 2008
I don't really appreciate the melodrama injected into the storyline, but I'll wait it out...I'm still very happy with the direction of the show so far though.
Oct 2, 2008 3:14 AM
Sep 2008
They're killing her off??? i hope they don't it's no good when they kill a main character
Oct 2, 2008 7:07 AM

Jul 2008
RUED said:
They're killing her off??? i hope they don't it's no good when they kill a main character

Sniff,sniff......I agreed.
Oct 3, 2008 6:49 AM

Aug 2008
formosan said:
Edit: Great moment in the episode was: the rumpled, pin-striped hipster punches Gouta hard enough to knock him flat.
Both of those guys overreacted. Gota and Sora just got together, so of course he's going to be overproctective.
angel999 said:
You were right! Yeah I hope it turns out good and Gouta's magic will save her! Remember in #8 that she helped Gouta boost his magic powers.
Yeah, that's what I figure'll happen.

kisami said:
I get the impression that Guitar Girl is Seiichiro's wandering ex-mage sister who's been mentioned before; although, she doesn't really look it.
脱ぎません!_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ .

Oct 5, 2008 6:56 AM

Sep 2007
Wow, seriously, this episode was so sad u///u I really hope Sora-chan can recuperate, because it would be very shocking if she really dies...

Oct 5, 2008 7:20 PM

Mar 2008
thought that episode was somewhat melodramatic, well maybe not but why make her have some heart disease now, i hope they can actually save her in the two episodes left. 'killing her off' would be very counterintuitive.
Oct 19, 2008 2:22 AM

Jan 2008
Oh wow, suddenly this? Hope she can make it through this...
Dec 2, 2008 3:36 AM
Anime DB Admin
BACK FOR MORE?

Jan 2007
Oh what?! T_T

I didn't expect this, but it was a good episode. I really hope Sora won't die.

staff.applications  
guidelines.faq 

report.abuse  

thx.skittles  
thx.kina 

[H+] ³  
Sep 24, 2009 4:00 PM

Nov 2007
No.. what have I gotten myself into.. I really can't handle it if she dies.. no.. You cant die Sora!!
Sep 6, 2010 9:17 PM

Sep 2008
If Sora does die, it will definitely make the series better for me, not like I enjoy death in anime though. It just feels like it would blend in better.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 14, 2012 2:25 AM

Sep 2011
I asked for drama, and I got it! But man... I'm a terrible person, was I like the only one who was bursting out laughing when she was hitting him? I think they needed to play some sad music in the background because I just found it funny, not sad unfortunately. xD
Jun 16, 2014 5:49 PM

May 2012
Oh wow I totally did not expect this development, Impressed! Really impressed, if that teacher x student relation would've been the concept they'd followed then it would've fucked imo but this is actually far worse that she's dying :| well this sure puts another whole level of drama to this story and her as a character.

Well let's see what's next and perhaps they'll find some way to save/cure her?
Jun 28, 2014 1:38 PM

Jan 2013
Good direction. Really sad, the OST is still amazing.
Sep 19, 2014 11:55 PM

Jul 2012
drama flag raised, I like where this is going
Nov 30, 2014 8:03 AM

Nov 2011
Oh

Looks like the episode title wasn't about the "Life" in her belly (lol).
Good. I hate NTR.

If she actually dies and does not come back to life, I would love this show WAY more when it all ends, unlike some OTHER shit that BRINGS BACK A DEAD CHARACTER... WITH ORBS. GODDAMN MOTHERFUCKING ORBS.

I still can't get over the fact that they show what they're capable of doing whenever the guitar girl starts singing. Her animation becomes more fluid than anything the show has had to offer in everything else.
Feb 1, 2016 12:38 PM

Jul 2014
I didn't expect such drama :O
But I think there still is a chance for Sora to live

More topics from this board

Poll: » Mahou Tsukai ni Taisetsu na Koto ~Natsu no Sora~ Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 )

angel999 - Sep 25, 2008

68 by ProxyLain »»
Oct 4, 2023 7:46 PM

Poll: » Mahou Tsukai ni Taisetsu na Koto ~Natsu no Sora~ Episode 11 Discussion

angel999 - Sep 18, 2008

20 by ProxyLain »»
Oct 4, 2023 7:27 PM

Poll: » Mahou Tsukai ni Taisetsu na Koto ~Natsu no Sora~ Episode 6 Discussion

lostty - Aug 26, 2008

11 by ProxyLain »»
Sep 22, 2023 10:58 PM

Poll: » Mahou Tsukai ni Taisetsu na Koto ~Natsu no Sora~ Episode 3 Discussion

angel999 - Jul 16, 2008

28 by ProxyLain »»
Sep 12, 2023 3:02 PM

Poll: » Mahou Tsukai ni Taisetsu na Koto ~Natsu no Sora~ Episode 9 Discussion

angel999 - Sep 4, 2008

25 by bucciest »»
Dec 28, 2022 8:55 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.