Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 10, 2008 2:29 PM

Jul 2008
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Euh...WTF? 13 episodes? So they are going to make it like Vampire Knight 50/50 just cause they were not sure to release due popularity!? I read this somewhere but WTF is wrong with those people. They should have statistics about their previous sale and base themselves on that right?

Anyways just this RAW. I got to say the PLOT is getting MUCH BETTER. I love and had some mixed feelings so I will sort this out:

-Apparently the Zanaffar armor at its perfected stage makes the host transform into the beast Zanaffar. That means if there is 100 of them made then the world would be destroyed! That thing is as hard as Season 1 and 2 last bosses!

The reason for the above: 1. Dragon Slave does not work. 2. Wrath Tilt does not work. 3. He can bounce some magic. 4.Some magic does nothing to him.

The whole kingdom of Ruvigald is blown to smithereens! Your fault Gioconna! After all power corrupts.

VERY SAD the way they show the suffering of people with the Duran disease. Makes me think about the history of when the BLACK PLAGUE STRUCK EUROPE. DISEASE SUCKS! DAIKIRAI SONO!

-WTF and WTH is the problem of Duclis making a deal with Zanaffar to destroy a city (could it be Taforsia or actually Saairaag????)

Next episode: SYLPHIEL NELS LAADA IS COMING BACK!!!! Oh yeah! I did not see her since season 1! I AM EXCITED! She is pretty good at white magic and her role was cool in the first season! OH NO GUYS SEEIRYUN is going to get destroyed! Nooooooo, poor Amelia! LETS HOPE THEY MAKE IT IN TIME AND KICK ZANAFFAR'S ASS TO OBLIVION!

See ya when subs are out!
Oops! I appear to be incapable of following Rules 16 and 17, so I had to have a mod change my sig for me.
Sep 10, 2008 3:01 PM

Jun 2007
Only 13? Come on people! Us slayers fans deserve more then just that ;_;
Guess I'll just enjoy what we have, (and luckily the manga and the 2 spin off manga's)
Interested to see how this is gonna turn out. But they are going to leave so many things wide open if they end it at 13 episodess ;_;
Sep 10, 2008 3:17 PM

Jul 2008
mulderman said:
Only 13? Come on people! Us slayers fans deserve more then just that ;_;
Guess I'll just enjoy what we have, (and luckily the manga and the 2 spin off manga's)
Interested to see how this is gonna turn out. But they are going to leave so many things wide open if they end it at 13 episodess ;_;

You should pay attention to what I write. I seriously read that the other 13 just got the GREEN LIGHT, which means there will be 26 but read what I wrote.
Oops! I appear to be incapable of following Rules 16 and 17, so I had to have a mod change my sig for me.
Sep 11, 2008 8:10 AM
Mar 2008
angel999 said:
You should pay attention to what I write. I seriously read that the other 13 just got the GREEN LIGHT, which means there will be 26 but read what I wrote.

Err, what you wrote wasn't that clear to me either. ^^;;
I guess commiting only to the first half of the series is better than suddenly axing the show in the middle of an arc as soon as they realise the show isn't popular enough. Pretty convenient for a Slayers series, which has always had a major plot covering the first half followed by an even bigger one for the last 13 episodes.
Might've been a problem if they decided not to air the 2nd half, but now that they've greenlighted it, no worries. <3
Sep 17, 2008 8:58 AM

Jul 2008
I just saw this in subs and OMG OMG OMG Seyrunn is going to DIE! Now way Prince Phil!

Sylphiel is coming back! ^_^ I liked her a lot in 1st season!

THREE TOWNS destroyed in one night?????? WTF! How many PEOPLE DIED??? Does not say but I could imagine sleeping and suddenly big beam of light makes me wonder why it is so dark where I am only to realize I AM DEAD??? PIECE OS SHIT DUCLIS AND ZANAFFAR! I really don't think kids are responsible for the aid not being send ON TOP OF THAT the number of deaths now surpass those who died in Taforasia.
Sep 17, 2008 9:59 AM

Apr 2008
Um, one thing makes me wonder.

From what I have seen, the plot of Slayers Revolution is a continuation of manga one - when Gourry looses Hikari no Ken. Well, in volume 6, Lina & co. actually encounter Zanaffar and they say the same things as they say in this episode. They try some spells (including Dragu Slave), but even Blast Bomb (a wonderful spell!) does nothing to Zanaffar. So... have Lina and everyone forgotten their previous fight?
Sep 17, 2008 10:32 AM

Jun 2007
That is because this follows the anime. Gourry also loses Hikari no Ken in a different way (the darkstar fight)
Sep 17, 2008 8:09 PM

Jan 2008
I hate that Seyrunn was spelled incorrectly considering the series has been out for so long. It's very annoying, but subs are subs.

Looking forward to seeing how this goes. This reminds me a lot of the first season where it had two completely separate plot arcs that still somehow were part of each other.
I reject your reality, and substitute my own.
Sep 18, 2008 1:54 PM
Jun 2007
Wow, tons of shit blowing up. something I really like. though this episode gave me a weird feeling. Its like I was watching an episode of Pokemon and Zanaffar is a Gyarados firing Hyper Beams all over the place. O_O
Sep 18, 2008 2:03 PM

Jul 2008
Avarice said:
Wow, tons of shit blowing up. something I really like. though this episode gave me a weird feeling. Its like I was watching an episode of Pokemon and Zanaffar is a Gyarados firing Hyper Beams all over the place. O_O

Good thing I DID NOT watch that pokemon crap and thus it reminded me of nothing like that. TO BE HONEST it looked like Fenrir from FF.
Sep 19, 2008 2:08 AM
Mar 2008
kevin_video said:
I hate that Seyrunn was spelled incorrectly considering the series has been out for so long. It's very annoying, but subs are subs.

I'm using soft subs for this series, and I gotta say it's nice being able to fiddle with font size, translation conventions, and correct typos.
Nov 27, 2009 12:00 PM

Apr 2009
Makes me wonder is Gourry's goldfish memory syndrome infectious? Nobody remembers that they've faced Zanaffar before and they need Pokota to lecture them about his weaknesses?
Sep 3, 2011 5:16 PM

Dec 2009
Just two more Eps. to go for this season. Nice episode.
Sep 25, 2012 10:03 PM

Aug 2009
Alas86 said:
Makes me wonder is Gourry's goldfish memory syndrome infectious? Nobody remembers that they've faced Zanaffar before and they need Pokota to lecture them about his weaknesses?

^This. This fact made this episode so unlikable. And the english VA's aren't doing a good job making it any better. Everyone spouting the same lines. Especially Pokota "We waited so long for the relief to come, but (start whiny pokota shriek) IT NEVER DID" WE KNOW! WE ESTABLISHED THIS A LONG TIME AGO!!!
Dec 12, 2013 2:23 PM

Jan 2013
Seyruun, hmm why is that I figured this out before thy said it? xD.
Nice episode.
Jul 15, 2015 12:35 PM

Jul 2014
That Dragonslave casting animation was damn amazing! Too bad it didn't worked :-P

ao_no_exo said:
Seyruun, hmm why is that I figured this out before thy said it? xD
Both, Pokota and Duclis, were mentioning it. It couldn't be just coincidence :D
Jul 12, 2016 10:23 AM

Aug 2013
First Rezo now a battle at Seyrunn, the old Slayer's feel is in full swing.
Mar 17, 2017 6:44 PM

Aug 2015
What the heck is going on with this season? Lina and the gang already fought Zanaffar and clone Rezo in season 1 at Sairaag, yet no one seems to have learned anything from this battle and Pokota talks about the destruction of Sairaag as if none of the people he's with are involved in that event at all.

Duclis' grudge just kinda reeks of entitlement.
Feb 14, 2021 3:37 AM

Apr 2013
The motivation for Duclis to summon an unstoppable beast is more than questionable. Not like the motivation for Slayer antagonists made sense in at any point in the story though.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Slayers Revolution Episode 13 Discussion

angel999 - Sep 25, 2008

24 by LeonhartAugust »»
Apr 3, 8:41 PM

Poll: » Xellos's new dubbed voice

Tsumayouji - May 27, 2011

5 by funtime43_tr »»
Sep 1, 2022 4:25 AM

Poll: » Slayers Revolution Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 )

dtshyk - Jul 2, 2008

56 by Etcetera- »»
Oct 15, 2021 7:16 PM

Poll: » Slayers Revolution Episode 2 Discussion

Tenjouname - Jul 9, 2008

29 by DonTrumpolino »»
May 25, 2021 4:56 PM

Poll: » Slayers Revolution Episode 12 Discussion

angel999 - Sep 17, 2008

16 by Gator »»
Feb 14, 2021 4:02 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.