Forum Settings
Forums

President of Visual Arts Understands Little Busters Fans' Anxiety over J.C. Staff

New
Apr 9, 2012 12:03 AM

Feb 2008
Baba Takahiro, the President of Visual Arts, tweeted on his Twitter account that he and the staff of Visual Arts shared the anxieties and expectations among the fans over the production studio of the Little Busters! anime. However, he made a decision when he saw the enthusiasm of J.C. Staff and Warner Bros. Japan for producing the TV anime. He said J.C. Staff and Warner were great companies and asked the fans to trust them.

On the official twitter account of Key, one of the staff explained the production policy of the Little Busters anime. Although the order of the events might be different from the original game, there won't be alterations in the story nor anime original characters. He said the length of the TV series is significantly long, but still it was necessary to shorten the original story to adapt it to the limited number of episodes. He added that the relationships among Rin, Komari, and other new members of the Little Busters team might be described more in detail than in the game.

Sources: Baba's tweet, Key's official Twitter account

Updated on Apr 10th
According to the official blog of Visual Arts, the OP and ED themes of Little Busters anime were announced to be "Little Busters!" and "Alicemagic", same as the original game.

Source: Visual Arts Staff Diary
dtshykApr 10, 2012 5:59 AM
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (9) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Apr 9, 2012 12:08 AM

Jul 2011
I'll take this as good news. Hopefully this topic won't turn out like the last now.
Apr 9, 2012 12:10 AM

Jan 2011
So J.C. Staff beging to do this adaption, maybe they want redemption. Anyway this whole turn of events is pretty funny from the perspective of someone who hasn't played the game.
[center]
Apr 9, 2012 12:13 AM

Jul 2011
That's gotta suck being J.C. Staff...

Glad to see that they're prolonging the adaptation, rather than rushing it. J.C Staff didn't have all shitty adaptations, let's just hope this one ends up being a good one.
Apr 9, 2012 12:14 AM

Oct 2008
I still don't forgive you. >:(

At least it's 'significantly long'.
the Imaginary and the Real can never mingle.
Apr 9, 2012 12:15 AM

Sep 2011
LOL. J.C Staff, I feel so bad for you; even though I dislike them..
Apr 9, 2012 12:16 AM
Mar 2010
Wonder if he saw the MAL thread where people were all worried. XD
Check out the News Club for daily rankings, discussion on future CD and BD releases, manga and novels. New members are welcome!
Apr 9, 2012 12:18 AM

Dec 2008
Well IMO people should let up on all the JC Staff hate, at least they've acknowledged the hate and that they earnestly want to please the fans.

Either way, how the hell can you hate on an adaptation that hasn't even come out yet. Just because past experiences prove otherwise doesn't mean that all future projects will turn out the same. Hate on it once it comes out people.

Tonight... we are young... so let's set the world on fire, we can burn brighter, than the sun...
Apr 9, 2012 12:18 AM

Sep 2011
well, if they're aware of our anxiety, then that just means they have their bases checked.
good or bad, I'll still end up liking Little Busters!

Apr 9, 2012 12:20 AM

Nov 2007
My butthurt will never subside.

Bring it on JC.
Apr 9, 2012 12:22 AM

Jun 2009
dtshyk said:
Baba Takahiro, the President of Visual Arts, tweeted on his Twitter account that he and the staff of Visual Arts shared the anxieties and expectations among the fans over the production studio of the Little Busters! anime. However, he made a decision when he saw the enthusiasm of J.C. Staff and Waner Bros. Japan for producing the TV anime. He said J.C. Staff and Warner were great companies and asked the fans to trust them.

On the official twitter account of Key, one of the staff explained the production policy of the Little Busters anime. Although the order of the events might be different from the original game, there won't be alterations in the story nor anime original characters. He said the length of the TV series is significantly long, but still it was necessary to shorten the original story to adapt it to the limited number of episodes. He added that the relationships among Rin, Komari, and other new members of the Little Busters team might be described more in detail than in the game.

Sources: Baba's tweet, Key's official Twitter account

I like how he said "were"

Doesn't this make you hungry?
Apr 9, 2012 12:25 AM

Aug 2010
It's good to know that they are aware of how butchered up their title will be.

Here's hoping for a KyoAni remake in this decade!
Apr 9, 2012 12:33 AM

Jul 2008
Different order of events? I wonder what that means. How can there be different order of events from the VN? I'm worried.
Apr 9, 2012 12:36 AM

Oct 2009
Guess I'm a little calmer... but :\ expectations still 14/100
one thing's the plot, another is the quality of graphics.... oh wells
Apr 9, 2012 12:36 AM

Jul 2010
dtshyk said:
there won't be alterations in the story nor anime original characters.

Looks like a good sign...
it was necessary to shorten the original story to adapt it to the limited number of episodes

Well let's see how they'll shorten the story without altering it...
the relationships among Rin, Komari, and other new members of the Little Busters team might be described more in detail than in the game.

But that sounds pretty nice if it does happen

Well, at least they understand that they're gonna have to put up with a lot of angry people lmao
Apr 9, 2012 12:37 AM

Jun 2009
alpha69 said:
Different order of events? I wonder what that means. How can there be different order of events from the VN? I'm worried.

I'm hoping by that they mean they are just including all parts of the common route and concluding with Rin's true end/refrain.

Apr 9, 2012 12:40 AM

Jul 2009
I'm going to assume "significantly long" is between 22-52 episodes (in assumption long=more than 1 seasons worth [10~13])
If your going to complain that Yu-Gi-Oh! Mangas are on the top NY times manga best sellers, you must not realize how popular Card games are(as well as the fact that you get a free card).
Apr 9, 2012 12:41 AM

Jul 2008
MapoTofu said:
alpha69 said:

I'm hoping by that they mean they are just including all parts of the common route and concluding with Rin's true end/refrain.

Noooo... I wanted it done omnibus style like Amagami with the "secret of the world" twist.
Apr 9, 2012 12:43 AM
Apr 2011
Waner
Apr 9, 2012 12:49 AM
Jan 2009
dtshyk said:
However, he made a decision when he saw the enthusiasm of J.C. Staff and Waner Bros. Japan for producing the TV anime.

Well, there you have it folks: your preferred studio isn't doing it because they just weren't enthusiastic enough.
Apr 9, 2012 12:54 AM

Aug 2009
I think it will be fine. Recently J.C Staff has done a lot of enjoyable shows in my opinion and if key is overseeing things and setting a lot of guidelines it should be perfectly fine. People just need to calm down. Personally I care more about A: When it will air and B: who is going to end up voicing riki.
Apr 9, 2012 12:55 AM

Jun 2009
They can say all they want but with that staff they assigned for LB. lol

Feb 2008
J.C. Staff a shit.

Maybe this will be okay, or an acceptable adaptation, but I'm still confident that it will never be great or anywhere near as good as it would be if a different, better studio were to adapt it instead.

Feb 2010
Then let's see how this anime eventually turns out. We still have the option that KyoAni produces another Key remake.
Apr 9, 2012 1:00 AM

May 2010
I can't wait to see first episode and see if it will be one big disappointment or something surprisingly good. For now I don't want to be too enthusiastic about it, and just wait to see what will happen.
Apr 9, 2012 1:09 AM

Jul 2008
Loyaloath said:
B: who is going to end up voicing riki.

Kugimiya Rie. Because in the VN, Rin and Rikki has the same VA, and Rin's VA is somewhat like Kugyuu's. Also... it's JC Staff. XD
Apr 9, 2012 1:14 AM

Aug 2011
alpha69 said:
Loyaloath said:

Kugimiya Rie. Because in the VN, Rin and Rikki has the same VA, and Rin's VA is somewhat like Kugyuu's. Also... it's JC Staff. XD

You've got me picturing Riki running around saying "Urusai! Urusai! Urusai!" to everyone now.
Apr 9, 2012 1:26 AM
Jun 2011
Cool nice seeing the president saying something. But wait oh yeah the staff still sucks there no changing that
Apr 9, 2012 1:31 AM
Aug 2011
If DEEN were more enthusiastic than J.C , would they have been chosen?
Apr 9, 2012 1:37 AM

Jul 2010
*Checked out little buster threads* whoa.
I just hope anime will live up to it's hype. i don't care about studio. I just hope story won't be disappointing and overrated like angle beats.
Apr 9, 2012 1:39 AM

Feb 2010
Gash_V-D_Hetchum said:
If DEEN were more enthusiastic than J.C , would they have been chosen?

Oh dear god, even imagining the DEEN train wreck that would have occured if they would have got this show hurts my head.
Apr 9, 2012 1:49 AM

Dec 2011
Come on people, let us not turn this into previous thread... :P

This is reassuring and people from Key are supervising... This will turn out to be good, you'll see...

And also...

Number of episodes... Looks like it'll be very long (maybe like Clannad and After Story together)
Apr 9, 2012 1:54 AM

Jun 2009
Phlebas said:
Zolstyx said:
dtshyk said:
However, he made a decision when he saw the enthusiasm of J.C. Staff and Waner Bros. Japan for producing the TV anime.

Well, there you have it folks: your preferred studio isn't doing it because they just weren't enthusiastic enough.

True, true.

Or they fully know well that J.C. Staff is notorious for terrible adaptations and they thought "they are enthusiastic enough" comments will calm the backlash from the raging fans.
Apr 9, 2012 1:58 AM

Jun 2010
Hahahahahaha! I loled when I saw the title. I pity J.C Staff with all of the criticism but, oh well. Let's trust them this time.
Apr 9, 2012 1:58 AM
Aug 2011
I keep imagining if DEEN made this instead of J.C to keep myself at ease. I really have no problems with DEEN when it comes to non-visual novel adaptions. J.C - I'm also believing in them. But somewhere deep in my heart I'm still anxious.

I'm worried about what they meant by "the order of the events might be different from the original game"

"Significantly long" is a good thing

Rin, Komari, and other
new members of the Little Busters team MIGHT be
described more in detail than in the game. Might be?
Apr 9, 2012 2:16 AM
Apr 2012
LOOOOL this is hilarious
「J>K>W」
事実。
Apr 9, 2012 2:17 AM

Aug 2011
Gash_V-D_Hetchum said:

I'm worried about what they meant by "the order of the events might be different from the original game"

I'm working under the assumption EX stuff will be animated (since Saya was in the trailer) and if that's the case Saya's, Sasami's, and Kanata's routes could only be accessed after completing Refrain (or if you choose the option at the start to say you completed the original Little Busters!) now they obviously aren't going to go back to them after completing the series, so I assume that those could be what he is referencing not being in the same order.
Apr 9, 2012 2:25 AM

Jan 2012
this is like trying to trust the man who raped your wife.
You just can't...
Apr 9, 2012 2:27 AM

Apr 2012
IMO with Jun's (supposedly) last all-in work with Key, Key would definitely not allow JC staff air a bad adaptation. They won't be trusting JC staff if that was the case. It's a good thing they acknowledge the user's doubts so that they would like to "prove us wrong." In any case, I'll just wait when the anime comes out and not prejudge JC staff.

Gash_V-D_Hetchum said:

Rin, Komari, and other
new members of the Little Busters team MIGHT be
described more in detail than in the game. Might be?

Maybe the character's routes will have more events that they forgot to add in the VN (ex. Kud's story will be given a more unrushed closure e.g. about the gears or something)

I think I'll wait for them to prove their reputation.
"zdogagagagagaj uppashaaan!!"
"zdododuckshdokkaaaan!!"
"Our cleaning thus caused a huge catastrophe that collapsed the Earth and wiped out mankind..."
Chapter 1 End.
Apr 9, 2012 2:29 AM

Nov 2011
This eases my stress a bit. If It beats Clannad then Ill be damned
Apr 9, 2012 2:31 AM

Jun 2009
alpha69 said:
Loyaloath said:

Please no lol...

Apr 9, 2012 2:52 AM

Jun 2011
kaito696 said:
You just can't...

This analogy works pretty well in explaining my feelings. While its not quite that bad, it nonetheless gives us a reason to be very skeptical until JCstaff proves to us they can handle it. Considering their track record, they've become guilty until proven innocent. I won't dismiss their work entirely, but they're going to have to really pull it together to win anyone's trust back imo.

This is pretty much a last gas test for them adaptions wise, if they fail I don't think almost anyone will trust them.

Or perhaps it's just me who sees it as really freaking bad when you have to assure fans of a studio before the show even begins? I mean really, has anyone even seen something like this before?
Apr 9, 2012 2:58 AM
Jun 2011
RandomStuff said:
kaito696 said:
You just can't...

This analogy works pretty well in explaining my feelings. While its not quite that bad, it nonetheless gives us a reason to be very skeptical until JCstaff proves to us they can handle it. Considering their track record, they've become guilty until proven innocent. I won't dismiss their work entirely, but they're going to have to really pull it together to win anyone's trust back imo.

This is pretty much a last gas test for them adaptions wise, if they fail I don't think almost anyone will trust them.

Or perhaps it's just me who sees it as really freaking bad when you have to assure fans of a studio before the show even begins? I mean really, has anyone even seen something like this before?
Dont worry the fact that they even have to reassure the fans that the anime will not be that bad is bad new in its own right
Apr 9, 2012 3:09 AM

May 2008
F*ck you is all I have to say with all these excuses.
FabriceApr 9, 2012 3:32 AM
Apr 9, 2012 3:10 AM

Jun 2009
Well, I fell better now. And I hope that by significantly longer they mean two two-cour seasons. That would be pretty awesome.
Apr 9, 2012 3:23 AM

Aug 2009
That "significantly longer" part made me pretty happy, though, like many others, I'm kinda concerned about that "will be told in a different order from the game" thing. I know that one of the problems in adapting the game is the repetition of the world, but I wonder if that's the reason for it? If it's something small like,
, then I'm kinda fine with it. ._.

But then again, seeing all the rage against J.C.Staff, I half-guessed that maybe the scans leak was actually a hoax. Looks like it's not. Darn. =/
Konohana Niji
Translator, Writer, Illustrator
Critic, Reader, Viewer, Gamer

Translator of Akagami no Shirayuki-hime and Deemo -Last Dream-

Tumblr / Twitter
Apr 9, 2012 3:29 AM

Mar 2011
I have faith on them but not on the director
So what format will JC do on this? Will they do it on one run or has multiple seasons?
Apr 9, 2012 3:31 AM

Aug 2008
Lol gotto love fans. Poor JC Staff. Noone remembers the few times when they actually did something right.
Apr 9, 2012 3:38 AM
Mar 2008
Kvakond said:
Lol gotto love fans. Poor JC Staff. Noone remembers the few times when they actually did something right.

Yeah I'd like to know what JC Staff shows are considered bad adaptions.
Familiar of Zero
Dream Eater Merry
Nabari no Ou
Hidan no Aria
I know these ones are almost universally panned but I don't know what their other major blunders are.
Are they Shana and Raildex? Because a lot of people seem to like them well enough.
Apr 9, 2012 3:41 AM

May 2010
sounds overrated already
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (9) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» GoHands Produces Original TV Anime 'Momentary Lily' for Winter 2025

DatRandomDude - Yesterday

13 by VivavideoUser2x »»
1 hour ago

» Manga 'Senpai ga Uzai Kouhai no Hanashi' Ends with 13th Volume

Hyperion_PS - 11 hours ago

7 by Yubisoft »»
6 hours ago

» 'Mahoutsukai no Yakusoku' Announces Production Staff, Cast

DatRandomDude - Apr 24

5 by Kushna »»
Yesterday, 5:34 PM

» 'Code Geass: Dakkan no Rozé' Announces Additional Cast

DatRandomDude - Apr 10

17 by animegamer245 »»
Yesterday, 4:09 PM

» Original Anime Movie 'A New Dawn' Announced for 2025

DatRandomDude - Apr 23

5 by dimidrum »»
Apr 24, 3:41 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.