Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (11) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 » ... Last »
Apr 8, 2012 9:05 AM
Oct 2007
THE MOST ANTICIPATED SHOW OF THIS SEASON IS BACK! /SQUEAK
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 8, 2012 9:18 AM

Apr 2012
Linkark07 said:
I think Gilgamesh became more carefree in FSN and doesn't believe any of the servants are a real threat to him unlike servants from this war like Berserker and Rider.

Apr 8, 2012 9:22 AM

May 2008
I was at the advanced screening for this episode at Sakura-Con and it was awesome with everyone cheering and clapping.
Apr 8, 2012 10:09 AM

Apr 2010
A good follow up to the cliffhanger.
Apr 8, 2012 10:54 AM

Feb 2011
zeon said:
Montrovant1488 said:
Nice headshot!

Now I see why America's airforce is in a tight spot, an F-15 can barely manage to keep up with an ancient mesopotamic relic, shame on you USAF!!

Perhaps that's why Japan won't go after the F-35 after all.

I can't tell if you're joking or not, but the F-15 is probably the greatest air combat fighter ever made, and it was designed for just that -- air combat. Not for fighting monsters from Godzilla.

Good episode.

In part joking, in part truth. The F-15 is a superb fighter in its own right, however it doesn't stand a ghost of a chance against a Su-27 (which has some design problems regarding stealth systems, but it exceeds in the maneuverability department).

Indeed, they weren't designed to fight a Godzilla-like monster, that's what the navy's rail gun is for!
Apr 8, 2012 11:06 AM

Feb 2010
So fucking good.
Apr 8, 2012 11:24 AM

Jun 2008
Gilgamesh has a freaking gold super plane or whatever? Damn! wft this guy is too much. Berserker taking over that plane was awesome though.

Very entertaining episode with good action.
Apr 8, 2012 11:55 AM
(Gamer)

Aug 2009
saiko no kuuru!

Apr 8, 2012 12:48 PM

Mar 2009
Worth the wait guys... worth the wait....

almost puke rainbows by watching it~
Apr 8, 2012 1:38 PM

Jul 2011
I wanted Ryunosuke to live just an episode more. Oh well, you don't always get what you want.

Epic episode. Can't say anything more. Just epicness.
Apr 8, 2012 2:18 PM

Jan 2012
Wow great start to the 2nd season. That art and animation is mind blowing..
Apr 8, 2012 2:44 PM

Jul 2010
i personally like the previous OP and ED better
but whatever.. from the very first episode i know that im gonna give this show a perfect 10
gilgamesh is annoying as hell, hope berserker will kick his butt
Apr 8, 2012 3:15 PM

Mar 2012
Did anyone else think that the whole revelation at the end where Ryuunosuke realizes that he just wanted his own death all along was kind of sudden? It was just so out of the blue, like we were supposed to be sympathizing with the child-killer in his last moments, but the reaction it elicited from me was more of an "Uhhh..."

But that's really my only complaint here. I really liked this episode; it was great for getting back into the series after 3 months. I've heard different people say that the CG was either horrible or it was amazing. I actually liked the CG scenes, and some of the battle scenes in this episode made me drool at the screen. That aerial battle between Gilgamesh and Berserker... omg yes.

Oh, and my only other complaint is that the new OP and ED sequences are kind of bland compared to the old ones.
Apr 8, 2012 4:30 PM

Dec 2009
DraconisMarch said:
Pretty damn cool. Fights going on all over the place. FINALLY people are starting to die. But I thought Caster was supposed to be removed from this world when his master died, no matter what...?

FlavoryFantasy said:
Berserker vs gilgamesh was as awesome as i expected to be animated, and man DAT OP SO KURUUUUUUUU! I SHALL MISS YOU RYUNOSUKE!
Why do people feel sad about him dying? He was a sadistic, mentally disturbed mother fucker. He deserved a much more painful and karmic death than what he got.

I don't know, he's like a male Yandere.
Yeah, he did some pretty fucked up shit, but was a good character.
Apr 8, 2012 4:37 PM

Jul 2009
nauticalblue said:
Did anyone else think that the whole revelation at the end where Ryuunosuke realizes that he just wanted his own death all along was kind of sudden? It was just so out of the blue, like we were supposed to be sympathizing with the child-killer in his last moments, but the reaction it elicited from me was more of an "Uhhh..."

It's more like he has a fascination towards blood and gore. That's why he keep on searching for the perfect art piece and finally found one in himself.

He would be an artist if he goes into criminal pathology. It just raises the question if his passion is channelled properly would he still be a serial killer.

What I like about him is that he stays true and true to his belief and passion. Not to mention the best smile in the series so far. As a character you just can't hate him.
Apr 8, 2012 4:54 PM
Jun 2009
The Gilgamesh vs Berserker fight was pretty awesome.

Apr 8, 2012 5:08 PM

Jan 2008
Gilgamesh and Berserker engaged in their own battle. These guys are so egoistics. LOL, whatever...I was so amused with them, especially on Gilgamesh speech. That guy is entertaining.
The animation/CG is awesome. Battle scenes were eye candy.
Emiya Kiritsugu's voice is so sexy. I guess there will be more screentime of him. ED was with Irisviel afterall. This episode was entertaining. Worth the wait. So, imma looking forward for the next subbed episode.
Apr 8, 2012 5:31 PM

Aug 2011
As said before. Epic start to an epic season! Loved the first episode of the 2nd season.

The animation to the aerial fight was really amazing. Eye candy all over it. Looking forward to how the fight between them two will play out. As always, Gil is very calm in his mind while a mad dog of a Berserker follows his tail all the way up in the air, as expected of him. Tokiomi also got told big time. I don't think there is much patience for Gil to let Tokiomi be his "master" or should I just call him his bitch instead by now?

Kiritsugu kills Ryuunskou like a boss and kills him off with a head shot. He had it coming. Not much time left for Caster. Bring on the next episode. Lancer and Saber got a nice dilemma between them. ;D
Apr 8, 2012 5:37 PM
May 2011
Lost quite a bit of sympathy for Tokiomi. Are they deliberately making me hate him as a lead-up to
Apr 8, 2012 5:52 PM
Dec 2007
thekaas said:
Lost quite a bit of sympathy for Tokiomi. Are they deliberately making me hate him as a lead-up to
Why do you think Kirei went "meh" and walked away. =p

Apr 8, 2012 6:26 PM

Jan 2009
Leon-Gun said:
thekaas said:
Why do you think Kirei went "meh" and walked away. =p

Maybe because he realized that Tokiomi's a douchebag, so was like you know what......your not worth my help. I hope you die. So just left lol. But man that dogfight between Berserker and Gilgamesh, freaking best scene in my op for this episode. What a great way to start off 2nd season of Fate/Zero.
Apr 8, 2012 7:18 PM

May 2011
I'm going to love this. From the very beginning to end I pretty much held my breath.

Amazing. This really sets the standards high.

KIRITSUGU!
Apr 8, 2012 8:59 PM

Oct 2010
Monad said:
Gilgamesh has a freaking gold super plane or whatever? Damn! wft this guy is too much.
I think of it as Alien Tech. Remember there is a whole debate of Gilgamesh origins still and that there the Babylonians may have had alien help but it's just some stuff I read. It's like someone said, it's some sort of UFO. The plane it totally out of this world. It does stuff far more advanced and custom that anyone can do.

I would not be surprised Gilgamesh conquered more than just human civilizations. Well it's a way of thinking around as to how he got his plane.

- BLOG - My Club- Easiest way to reach the rest of my thoughts!
Apr 8, 2012 9:25 PM
Dec 2007
Yumekichi11 said:
Monad said:
Gilgamesh has a freaking gold super plane or whatever? Damn! wft this guy is too much.
I think of it as Alien Tech. Remember there is a whole debate of Gilgamesh origins still and that there the Babylonians may have had alien help but it's just some stuff I read. It's like someone said, it's some sort of UFO. The plane it totally out of this world. It does stuff far more advanced and custom that anyone can do.

I would not be surprised Gilgamesh conquered more than just human civilizations. Well it's a way of thinking around as to how he got his plane.
Funny part is, Gilgamesh's Vimana is actually the one that's mentioned in two old Indian epics, Ramayana and Mahabharata. At the very least that's Nasu's and Gen's claim. Apparently it even stores weapons equivalent in strength to nuclear warheads.

I'm pretty sure there's not that much debate on Gil's origins though. He's an ancient king from Ur who was later inmortalized as a demi-god in the Epic of Gilgamesh.

Apr 8, 2012 10:25 PM

Jan 2010
On the contrary to people who dislike Tokiomi even more after this episode, I actually thought he became a much more understandable character after his little lecture. I know he's not the nicest guy, but the way he thinks and acts isn't illogical.
"My tables-meet it is I set it down
That one may smile, and smile, and be a villain."
Apr 8, 2012 10:38 PM
Apr 2011
simply amazing...wow
Apr 8, 2012 10:39 PM
Dec 2007
NavyCherub said:
On the contrary to people who dislike Tokiomi even more after this episode, I actually thought he became a much more understandable character after his little lecture. I know he's not the nicest guy, but the way he thinks and acts isn't illogical.
I don't think his actions were ever illogical (Ryuunosuke was illogical). They were just really stupid. Tohsaka Tokiomi is just the same brand of bastard Kayneth El-Melloi Archibald was. Extremely traditional magi who's only purpose is to bring glory to their bloodlines by reaching the objectives all magi aspire for. Does this make them insane? No, that's how many magi are. Does it make them likable or in any way relatable? No, as they are bassically bastards who'd sell anything and everyone for glory and respect.

And the fact people who have seen Heaven's Feel find TOhsaka Rin still likable is rather baffling honestly. Rin is literally Tohsaka Tokiomi part II, down to the scorn she feels toward those who make a mockery of traditional magi values (meaning Emiya Shirou and his following of Emiya Kiritsugu's decidedly non-magi values). The way she acts at the very end of that arc is almost facepalm worthy and earns her the daddy's little girl award.
Leon-GunApr 8, 2012 10:45 PM

Apr 8, 2012 10:44 PM

Jun 2009
Leon-Gun said:
NavyCherub said:
I don't think his actions were ever illogical (Ryuunosuke was illogical). They were just really stupid. Tohsaka Tokiomi is just the same brand of bastard Kayneth El-Melloi Archibald was. Extremely traditional magi who's only purpose is to bring glory to their bloodlines by reaching the objectives all magi aspire for. Does this make them insane? No, that's how many magi are. Does it make them likable or in any way relatable? No, as they are bassically bastards who'd sell anything and everyone for glory and respect.

Reminds me of Cornelius from Kara no Kyoukai. Acts the same.
Apr 8, 2012 10:50 PM

Oct 2010
Leon-Gun said:
Yumekichi11 said:
Monad said:

Funny part is, Gilgamesh's Vimana is actually the one that's mentioned in two old Indian epics, Ramayana and Mahabharata. At the very least that's Nasu's and Gen's claim. Apparently it even stores weapons equivalent in strength to nuclear warheads.

I'm pretty sure there's not that much debate on Gil's origins though. He's an ancient king from Ur who was later inmortalized as a demi-god in the Epic of Gilgamesh.
Exactly and Ur was around the Babylonian times, right?

Apr 8, 2012 10:52 PM

Jul 2009
About the episode:
Really good, the art 10/10 as always, the soundtrack was really epic.
Gilgamesh is a BOSS, his face reactions are simply GOLD.
Good to see Saber and Rider again.. and KARIYA!
Jet-serker FTW

About the OP and ED:
They are fine, nothing special IMO. Oath Sign and Memoria are just godly and hard to defeat.

So i guess next episode Saber vs Lancer?.. Saber needs to recover her powers to defeat Caster with a possible Excalibur attack.. so yeah.

10/10 for this episode, the wait is finally over.. need the 2nd episode NOW.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 8, 2012 10:57 PM

Jan 2010
Leon-Gun said:
Tohsaka Tokiomi is just the same brand of bastard Kayneth El-Melloi Archibald was.

I actually thought Kayneth was an incredibly sympathetic character, being how his role in the plot is so tragic. All his life he seemed to hold his belief in his ideals and his own power very close to his heart, and when finally given a chance to fully prove that he was right the whole time, absolutely nothing goes his way. Once again, I don't think he's a great guy, but I felt for him.
"My tables-meet it is I set it down
That one may smile, and smile, and be a villain."
Apr 8, 2012 11:20 PM
Dec 2007
NavyCherub said:
Leon-Gun said:
Tohsaka Tokiomi is just the same brand of bastard Kayneth El-Melloi Archibald was.

I actually thought Kayneth was an incredibly sympathetic character, being how his role in the plot is so tragic. All his life he seemed to hold his belief in his ideals and his own power very close to his heart, and when finally given a chance to fully prove that he was right the whole time, absolutely nothing goes his way. Once again, I don't think he's a great guy, but I felt for him.
Well, if he wasn't so full of himself yeah I would agree. The guy even managed to break the systrem of the Holy Grail in his favor yet not even that helped him. But since he's just full of himself I couldn't really feel simpathy for him.
KyonSmith said:
About the episode:
Really good, the art 10/10 as always, the soundtrack was really epic.
Gilgamesh is a BOSS, his face reactions are simply GOLD.
Good to see Saber and Rider again.. and KARIYA!
Jet-serker FTW

About the OP and ED:
They are fine, nothing special IMO. Oath Sign and Memoria are just godly and hard to defeat.

So i guess next episode Saber vs Lancer?.. Saber needs to recover her powers to defeat Caster with a possible Excalibur attack.. so yeah.

10/10 for this episode, the wait is finally over.. need the 2nd episode NOW.
Unless Kiritsugu is willing to use force Saber to attack Lancer with a COmmand Seal I don't see Saber vs Lancer happenning in this situation. Saber operates in honor at all times and before the whole battle began she made a vow of cooperation with both Rider and Lancer against Caster.

Yumekichi11 said:
Um, not quite. And I'm actually a little wrong, he was King of Uruk. That said, this was long before Babylonia was ever created, although Babylonia held posession of Uruk. But the time between Gilgamesh being king and Babylon's rise to power is pretty big.

Apr 8, 2012 11:44 PM

Oct 2010
Leon-Gun said:
Yumekichi11 said:
Um, not quite. And I'm actually a little wrong, he was King of Uruk. That said, this was long before Babylonia was ever created, although Babylonia held posession of Uruk. But the time between Gilgamesh being king and Babylon's rise to power is pretty big.
Then it could have been around the Sumerian times but if Babylonia held possession of Uruk then perhaps they built it too. Point being still remains that Gilgamesh's plane there is Alien in nature. There is no way it's something magical since it looks more sci-fi IMO. Don't you think so?

Apr 9, 2012 12:19 AM
Apr 2010
Ryuunosuke dying. I don't want to watch anymore. Gilgamesh with his superiority ramblings are just win on too many levels, also very nice to see an appearance by Berserker. Wondering who will and how they're going to defeat Caster's bigass monster, that thing is looking rather unbeatable unless the rabble get in gear. Decent episode, not feeling that attached to this anime but man that animation is stellar.
Apr 9, 2012 12:59 AM

Apr 2009
Fate/zero resumes with a bang, and Bang! it is, with one Master dead. If Saber is also the one to defeat Caster, I suppose Kiritsugu could claim the extra Command Spell, if the "moderator" would keep his word. Also good to see some Berserker and Kariya screentime for a change. Superb animation as expected from ufotable.
Apr 9, 2012 1:12 AM

May 2010
Yumekichi11 said:
Leon-Gun said:
Yumekichi11 said:
Then it could have been around the Sumerian times but if Babylonia held possession of Uruk then perhaps they built it too. Point being still remains that Gilgamesh's plane there is Alien in nature. There is no way it's something magical since it looks more sci-fi IMO. Don't you think so?

From what we know (and we know little) Gilgamesh was a Sumerian King of Uruk. A lot of people easily mistake the first known civilisation of Sumer as Babylon (much later) or the umbrella region of Mesopotamia. And yeah, the Vimana was described by Hindu's as a UFO that battled in the sky and scorched the earth. I'm not sure if it's mentioned anywhere that Gilgamesh was given one by aliens (Gods), that's probably just creative freedom by Nasu/Urobuchi given the alien mythology surrounding Sumer etc.
Apr 9, 2012 1:47 AM

Jul 2009
KyonSmith said:

Knowing Urobuchi, Kiritsugu will force Lancer to a very tight corner where he has to voluntarily do the thing Kiritsugu wanted him to do. He won't do anything by himself, but he will make Lancer does everything for him. I would say that he will even put Saber at risk to achieve his goal.

And then the dynamics will break down in the Lancer faction, which will set up a very very tasty stage for a tragedy. That would be what I want to see.
Apr 9, 2012 2:16 AM

Feb 2011
9.00 from the first episode !!

Overrated !!
Apr 9, 2012 2:53 AM

Aug 2011
There were absolutely no boring parts in the entire episode.
Not mindblowingly epic, but great
Apr 9, 2012 3:12 AM

Jun 2009
I watched episode 14 of Fate/zero and liked it quite a lot. Sadly I'd heard about the scene where Berserker hijacked an F-15, but it was still pretty cool to see it in action. But, man, Gigamesh is such a boss in F/z, I loved how confident he was when he was getting chased by Berserker with his resting his head on his hand and all that.

Was surprised that Ryuunosuke was killed by Kiritsugu in the very first episode of this season I knew it would happen eventually, but wasn't expecting it THIS soon. My favorite stuff was the dialogue between Kariya and Tokiomi, probably because of it's relevance to Heaven's Feel.
"Yes, I have been deprived of emotion. But not completely. Whoever did it, botched the job."

- Geralt of Rivia
Apr 9, 2012 3:43 AM

May 2010
YESSSSSSSSSSSSS IT"S FINALLY OUT !!! ^^
Apr 9, 2012 5:46 AM

Jan 2008
Simply awesome episode :D
Apr 9, 2012 5:47 AM

Nov 2011
Finally Ryuunosuke is death, I hope Caster dies in Chapter 2, I can't stand them. Btw, Tokiomi it's so cool, it's my favorite char
Apr 9, 2012 5:59 AM

Oct 2010
Subby said:
Yumekichi11 said:
Leon-Gun said:
Yumekichi11 said:

From what we know (and we know little) Gilgamesh was a Sumerian King of Uruk. A lot of people easily mistake the first known civilisation of Sumer as Babylon (much later) or the umbrella region of Mesopotamia. And yeah, the Vimana was described by Hindu's as a UFO that battled in the sky and scorched the earth. I'm not sure if it's mentioned anywhere that Gilgamesh was given one by aliens (Gods), that's probably just creative freedom by Nasu/Urobuchi given the alien mythology surrounding Sumer etc.
You just said exactly why I though of the idea in the first place. Doubts over your clarifications, I had but since you say out all clearly, it makes more sense in what I though. Well at least we are clear this spacecraft of his remains to see what else of destructive it can do.

Any chance to see it again other than when this arc is over of Caster?

Apr 9, 2012 6:14 AM
Dec 2007
Yumekichi11 said:
You just said exactly why I though of the idea in the first place. Doubts over your clarifications, I had but since you say out all clearly, it makes more sense in what I though. Well at least we are clear this spacecraft of his remains to see what else of destructive it can do.
From what I remember Vimana apparently has armaments equal in power to nuclear weapons. They remained unused however, but then again Gilgamesh bragged that he could end the Holy Grail War in one night if he went all out. Just so happens he doesn't care about the Holy Grail and he deems the "rabble" unworthy of his effort.

Apr 9, 2012 6:48 AM

May 2009
Yumekichi11 said:
Any chance to see it again other than when this arc is over of Caster?(Vimana)

There were some nice new tracks in this episode. Too bad the actual dogfight used two tracks already heard several times in the first season. Oh well, it doesn't really matter as they are awesome tracks that seem to fit every scene they are used for. Anyway, the new music played:

- During the talk between Kirei and Risei, continuing into the first scene on Vimana.
- When the plane gets "eaten" by Caster's monster. I think this is part of the same track used when Saber saves Rider's bull.
- When Berserker converts the plane into his Noble Phantasm and Kirei is shown walking towards the river.
- Also Caster's "speech" right after Ryuunosuke was killed.

I'm looking forward to hearing what else Kajiura has composed for the second season. The soundtrack has been great so far and I'm sure we can expect even better tracks in the coming episodes.
Apr 9, 2012 6:49 AM

Dec 2011
Amazing...

I loved it...

Caster and his master are the only characters I hate and it looks like Caster's end is near...

Finally...

Read things about Gilgamesh, interesting...

Reading Epic of Gilgamesh might provide more clues (he was half God you know)...

Anyway, just awesome...

10/10

P.S.

Animation looks better or are my eyes playing with me?

And yes, I love the new opening...
Apr 9, 2012 7:31 AM

Feb 2012
akutasame94 said:
Reading Epic of Gilgamesh might provide more clues (he was half God you know)...

Actually, he was two-thirds god (don't ask how that works). And the only thing that prevented him from achieving full immortality was a snake stealing it from him, after which he wept at having gained nothing for his troubles. If I were up against Gilgamesh in the Grail War, I would casually bring up the fact that the King of Heroes was defeated by a snake just to see if I could break his haughty demeanor.
Apr 9, 2012 7:40 AM

Dec 2011
Hakuromatsu said:
akutasame94 said:

Actually, he was two-thirds god (don't ask how that works). And the only thing that prevented him from achieving full immortality was a snake stealing it from him, after which he wept at having gained nothing for his troubles. If I were up against Gilgamesh in the Grail War, I would casually bring up the fact that the King of Heroes was defeated by a snake just to see if I could break his haughty demeanor.

Yes... I forgot that detail about being two-thirds God... No matter, I read it two years ago... :P Still I laughed my ass off when I read your last sentence... LoL

But he wanted to help his people with immortality too, he wasn't so arrogant and selfish...
Apr 9, 2012 7:41 AM

May 2010
Lovin' the ending song.
Pages (11) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» What's next?

infinite_Shadows - Apr 10

13 by Ain2Zwei »»
Apr 15, 4:48 PM

Poll: » Fate/Zero 2nd Season Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 23, 2012

1325 by Joel77 »»
Mar 25, 11:30 PM

Poll: » Fate/Zero 2nd Season Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

tsubasalover - Jun 16, 2012

655 by Joel77 »»
Mar 25, 11:03 PM

Poll: » Fate/Zero 2nd Season Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Yumekichi11 - Jun 9, 2012

728 by damnit_tomioka »»
Mar 18, 2:06 PM

Poll: » Fate/Zero 2nd Season Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

belatkuro - Apr 28, 2012

585 by goodwake »»
Mar 9, 11:00 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.