Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Apr 1, 2015 2:42 AM

Aug 2010
What an unsatisfying ending!! I need to see more!!! Why are there only 13 episodes (I know, because the manga is just released as well but) TT______TT

Kinda sad to see Tezuka leaving, wonder if he'll appear again somewhere in the series..

Just a question though, is Yukimura not part of court 3 (former court 5)? He wasnt there on the benches during the court 5 versus (former) court 3 match... Though I think Yukimura is already beyond that of the level of the other high schoolers there, maybe except for Tezuka. Would've loved to see more Yukimura matches.

Want to see more Ryoma in action! And the others as well in matches between the middle schoolers versus the court 1 guys!

Really want and need a sequel of this!!!

Edit: wait a second, there's already a sequel (OVA) and it's ongoing?? But where can i watch it? O_____O
Apr 14, 2015 1:24 AM

Jul 2012
blue-y said:
Edit: wait a second, there's already a sequel (OVA) and it's ongoing?? But where can i watch it? O_____O

not subbed yet!
May 6, 2015 11:23 PM

May 2015
Minna, if you want to see the detailed matches of the parts that you are unsatisfied in the New Prince of Tennis anime, then here is the link to it: http://www.animenova.tv/category/the-new-prince-of-tennis

There are the continuation of the NPOT's 13 episode series which are the OVAs of the NPOT (New Prince of Tennis Specials). But please be reminded that those episode haven't been subbed yet... so just bear with it. :D
May 6, 2015 11:40 PM

Jul 2012
hannahyano said:
Minna, if you want to see the detailed matches of the parts that you are unsatisfied in the New Prince of Tennis anime, then here is the link to it: http://www.animenova.tv/category/the-new-prince-of-tennis

There are the continuation of the NPOT's 13 episode series which are the OVAs of the NPOT (New Prince of Tennis Specials). But please be reminded that those episode haven't been subbed yet... so just bear with it. :D

They're subbed but they haven't been uploaded on streaming sites.
Aug 26, 2015 9:37 AM

Aug 2013
Not a bad season overall. I wish we got to see more matches though. During the National Tournament we got one match per episode. It's too bad this wasn't 26 episodes.

It looks like the OVAs are next.
Aug 16, 2016 1:18 AM

Apr 2007
Seems like the author lost track of the direction of this series. The original anime had much better character development and story, which made it very enjoyable. It started becoming kinda random in the nationals arc and now with the hitting multiple balls it's getting further and further away from tennis.
Aug 23, 2016 10:16 PM
Jul 2018
Well I enjoyed this one. Much better than the Nationals arc as it focused on the actual training and hard work and mental fortitude the players built up in order to play well, instead of auras and power battles and such (although if they had shown all the training that led up to the auras, I doubt I'd have minded the ridiculousness of the nationals OVAs). I do wish it was longer and showed us the matches in full though. I liked seeing the pairs duke it out once more at the end, but the lack of resolution for Ryoma vs Tokugawa is a rather anti-climactic end. This season really doesn't stand on its own, it's clear it's meant to be just one chapter in the Tenipuri journey, and I have the next OVAs to watch so I don't mind too much the lack of a real ending.

Anyway, it was nice to see Tenipuri done with gorgeous animation. All the characters looked really good, even Kin-chan was kind of handsome in his own way lol. And I'm always happy to see the different schools interact with each other.
Sep 18, 2016 12:42 AM
Sep 2016
I really love the New PoT I wish they'd make some more episode's instead of just hacing it end like that. I also love all the dramaticism in this one I how the show the players grow instead of them just coming up with some new technique out of no where.
Sep 18, 2016 12:43 AM
Sep 2016
Does anyone know if it will go again anytime soon??
Feb 19, 2020 2:25 AM

Apr 2011
Glad to see that the Black Jerseys took in charge of the Court 2. While the players in the opposing courts are competing, it seems like Ryoma took a step further by challenging Tokugawa again xD

IMO, this season is inferior in comparison with the old series (though much better than the National Tournament), but it's still enjoyable on its own. I'mma go ahead and watch the specials and OVAs~

7/10

Jun 29, 2021 10:06 AM

Jan 2013
Great to see that everyone's improved but I feel like Echizen still wont beat him.

Season was pretty good despite it mostly focusing on the training for the losers.
Art was fantastic too, so fun to look at.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » New Prince of Tennis Episode 8 Discussion

Blackbird - Feb 22, 2012

26 by Ryomachibisuke »»
Jul 12, 2023 10:34 PM

Poll: » New Prince of Tennis Episode 6 Discussion

fishergirl16 - Feb 8, 2012

34 by Ryomachibisuke »»
Jul 12, 2023 10:29 PM

Poll: » New Prince of Tennis Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Mirorin - Jan 4, 2012

89 by Ryomachibisuke »»
Jul 12, 2023 10:25 PM

Poll: » New Prince of Tennis Episode 5 Discussion

dulucifer - Feb 1, 2012

23 by iTwiXix »»
Aug 28, 2021 9:55 AM

Poll: » New Prince of Tennis Episode 4 Discussion

Myloxeth - Jan 25, 2012

26 by iTwiXix »»
Aug 28, 2021 6:23 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.