Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Feb 1, 2012 3:13 PM
Dec 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
FFF the super freshmen are here and kicking ass (well not really). Loved this episode because of how much they featured Ryoma.
duluciferFeb 1, 2012 3:18 PM
Feb 1, 2012 3:26 PM
Oct 2008
The better-looking guys pass the round.
Feb 1, 2012 4:50 PM

Nov 2010
"If i can't cut you with a knife, i'll split you with an axe" Oh God! the metaphors ='(
Feb 1, 2012 5:06 PM

Dec 2009
Haha, loved how Ryoma and Kin-chan only got more excited after losing their matches.

Inui drinking his own Inui-Juice and retiring to the bathroom was like (?!) What a weird way to disqualify him.. >.> I suppose it was funny though.. in a sense.

Next episode - climbing mountains!? Didn't know they had it in them. :O
Feb 1, 2012 7:20 PM

Dec 2007
Wow. They skipped the Yukimura/Sanada match, the one match I've been looking forward to. -.-'

Apparently showing Inui in the washroom was more important than showing side-characters playing tennis.

I am disappoint.
Feb 2, 2012 7:48 AM
Jan 2012
Wow... Seems like something is finally starting to happen ^^"
Feb 2, 2012 8:03 AM

May 2010
Why did they skipped Yukimura and Sanada's match??? D:

But anyway, i cant wait for the next episodeee *___________*
Feb 2, 2012 12:16 PM

Jan 2012
THis was probably the best ep yet!!!!!!!!!!!! xD ^.^
LOOOOOOOOOOOOVVVVVVVVEEEED IT!!! :D

Feb 2, 2012 7:35 PM

Jun 2008
WHAT THE HELL. We barely got to see any of the matches, they just told us who won and who lost. Very much disappointed. :(
Feb 2, 2012 9:31 PM

Jan 2008
Man, I didn't like the mountain arc that much in the manga, but I have this strong feeling that I'm going to enjoy watching it WAY more than I did reading it.
Feb 3, 2012 2:51 AM

Jan 2011
I'm really starting to get pissed off by the way they use inui's way of analysing things.
Maybe it's because he will get less screentime than in the old series, but all he says has something to do with how much percent this and how much percent that...he doesn't even speak one normal sentence...
Feb 3, 2012 5:47 AM

Jan 2011
Ryoma and Kin-chan's matches were the best!
Kin-chan: Next I'll go with the Super Ultra Great Delicious Mountain Storm.
Oni: What's the difference between this and the one you used before?
Kin-chan: It has has a 'Super' before.
kkkkkkk that was fun xD

I wanted to see Yukimura and Sanada's match. Why did they skip it? TT_TT
I'm glad that Marui and Akaya won their match (well, Akaya didn't actually win). I love them x3
Feb 3, 2012 7:58 AM

Jan 2012
They gonna be better. That's nice..
Feb 3, 2012 11:45 AM
Mar 2009
messedup said:
I'm really starting to get pissed off by the way they use inui's way of analysing things.
Maybe it's because he will get less screentime than in the old series, but all he says has something to do with how much percent this and how much percent that...he doesn't even speak one normal sentence...

Yeah, I thought they over-simplified his dialogue as well. In the past he wasn't only about probabilities, he also used to keenly observe things and evaluate them... wasn't it him that started wearing weighted wristbands because he calculated that he would need more strength to be able to better execute on his "data tennis"?

Anyhow, I am looking forwards to more creativity in this series, now that we basically have just the best of the best from the old series, plus a whole lot of strong unknowns.
Feb 4, 2012 10:01 AM

Jul 2010
:D Loved it! So I guess Ryoma and Kin-chan are 'disqualified', but in reality they're training with Coach Saitoh. I like it :)

I'm a little disappointed that a lot of Seigaku had to leave.. :/ But we'll see a lot of pinpointed character development on the characters that are still there, so that's good.

WAIT. IN THE END. OISHI WAS CLIMBING THE MOUNTAIN TOO. Eh?!?!
...... Was it all a joke? Honestly, that's kind of annoying -_-"

Probably out of all the matches though, I enjoyed Ryoma's and Kaidoh's.
Ryoma for getting brutally beat down which adds for a lot of new powers. (ALTHOUGH I WAS LITERALLY SCREAMING "USE TENIMUHOU!!!!"
And Kaidoh, as we got to see how Tezuka set him up to become the captain.
Feb 4, 2012 10:03 AM

Jul 2010
D5 said:
messedup said:

Yeah, I thought they over-simplified his dialogue as well. In the past he wasn't only about probabilities, he also used to keenly observe things and evaluate them... wasn't it him that started wearing weighted wristbands because he calculated that he would need more strength to be able to better execute on his "data tennis"?

Anyhow, I am looking forwards to more creativity in this series, now that we basically have just the best of the best from the old series, plus a whole lot of strong unknowns.

Exactly my thoughts. They need some of the lower characters to balance the others out. We will get wonderful character development for the ones left, but it just isn't the same.
Also, I'm missing the real Inui too. It's kind of sad to tell the truth. Inui wasn't one of my favorites, but I loved him all the same.
Feb 4, 2012 5:54 PM

Apr 2010
No Yukimura vs. Sanada? T_T Why?!!! I hope at least for some flashback! I wanted to see that match!

Lol, but Inui was sure funny xD
Feb 7, 2012 6:22 AM

Oct 2010
NO. WHERE IS MY AWAITED YUKIMURA VS. SANADA MATCH? D:

Panaru said:
Man, I didn't like the mountain arc that much in the manga, but I have this strong feeling that I'm going to enjoy watching it WAY more than I did reading it.

I didn't like the mountain arc all that much, either. Except for that part where Kenya runs on water. I hope the animation is better.

Anyway, despite the lack of Yukimura & Sanada, I enjoyed this episode. Ryoma and Kintaro enjoying their matches were adorable. ♥ Reminds me that they're still 12-year-olds.
[insert awesome signature here]
Feb 8, 2012 4:19 PM

Jun 2011
Sep 6, 2012 7:18 AM

Oct 2011
Wtf? Inui is shooting out random probability numbers even more than ever.. how annoying... :D
Aug 25, 2015 10:10 AM

Aug 2013
I'm surprised they didn't show us the Yukimura & Sanada match. I guess they're not popular enough.
Aug 22, 2016 11:07 AM
Jul 2018
Disappointed at the lack of Sanada vs Yukimura. Yanagi forfeiting to help Akaya grow was great, what an amazing senpai♥ Basically these match ups pitted a lot of my ships against each other lol

"Super Ultra Great Delicious Mountain Storm!!!" I love Kin-chan♥♥ Please more matches for him. I kinda wish we actually saw the doubles match he did with Ryoma but it looked like Ryoma was just stealing all the shots for himself anyway haha.

I knew Inui's juice would backfire on him one day...! XD
Feb 18, 2020 5:35 AM

Apr 2011
Inui's dialogues are getting annoying, imo. I don't remember him being such a person in the old series.

About this episode, it's entertaining I must say. Best one so far.

Aug 28, 2021 9:55 AM
Sep 2018
Ryoma and Kin-chan are really motivated

More topics from this board

Poll: » New Prince of Tennis Episode 8 Discussion

Blackbird - Feb 22, 2012

26 by Ryomachibisuke »»
Jul 12, 2023 10:34 PM

Poll: » New Prince of Tennis Episode 6 Discussion

fishergirl16 - Feb 8, 2012

34 by Ryomachibisuke »»
Jul 12, 2023 10:29 PM

Poll: » New Prince of Tennis Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Mirorin - Jan 4, 2012

89 by Ryomachibisuke »»
Jul 12, 2023 10:25 PM

Poll: » New Prince of Tennis Episode 4 Discussion

Myloxeth - Jan 25, 2012

26 by iTwiXix »»
Aug 28, 2021 6:23 AM

Poll: » New Prince of Tennis Episode 3 Discussion

Panaru - Jan 18, 2012

23 by iTwiXix »»
Aug 28, 2021 5:48 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.