Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 23, 2012 4:40 PM
Jun 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Last episode, cant wait for season 2.So now Ren is going to be a good guy Xd
vanissa45Mar 30, 2012 4:47 PM
Mar 30, 2012 6:28 PM

Nov 2011
cant wait for season 2 man i wonder whats the plot going to be for season 2 its going to be more then travelling around asia i know it
Mar 30, 2012 7:04 PM

Feb 2008
Good episode. Now that psyqualia has disappeared hope there's some new supernatural element in s2, it would be boring if they just traveled around Asia and fight.
DestinyFateMar 30, 2012 7:11 PM

Mar 30, 2012 7:14 PM
May 2009
wow why the low ratings? I thought it was pretty good =D yay for s2.. 8/10
Mar 30, 2012 7:17 PM

Sep 2008
wow. last episode i didn´t know this was going to end this chapter.
im satisfied, waiting for season 2
DestinyFate said:
Now that psyqualia has disappeared hope there's some new supernatural element in s2

i hope
Being a fan is like having a penis. Its nice to be proud of it But don't pull it out in public and wave it in other's faces

Kyurem Black. Kyurem White. Together they are Pretty Kyurem.
Mar 30, 2012 7:58 PM

Dec 2007
Well, I was wrong...which now makes me wonder what the card of light was supposed to be.

If Psyqualia was a way for the units in Clay to determine the result of their war, then I assume season 2 will have to do with the units of Clay against that mysterious force. And it may require them to synchronize again through Psyqualia, thus bringing about its return.

But then...why the new clans for Aichi and Kai? Damn marketing. >.<

GFX made by >Valon< of Janime Community Forums
Mar 30, 2012 9:15 PM
Feb 2012
So there's definitely going to be a season two? I'm excited. This story is awesome. I hope we learn more about the planet Clay in S2. I'm interested in finding out the new elements there going to add. :)
Mar 30, 2012 9:31 PM

May 2008
as mch as i love Vanguard there are alot of problems with the way they play , and i didnt like how they didnt show mch of nova even though its my least fav out of the main 4 still they should have shown more of it . The ending was okay , i just hope the second season will be better 7/10 enjoyable but not really looking forward to watching it every week as i am to other shows.

Awesome Sig by Lailide
Mar 30, 2012 10:16 PM

Oct 2009
Didn't expect it to end here... Oh well at least the ending was alright. It kind of seemed like they were adding in random things to make the game more complicated but I guess that's how YGO is as well so I won't complain about that. I really hope Season 2 doesn't start off too slow and gets right back into it. :) 7/10 should be fair.
Mar 30, 2012 10:34 PM

Sep 2008
Nice, even though expected ending. Love how Asuka was 'allowed' to continue to be part of Q4, though isn't it Q3 now, since there are only three members?

Anyway, great ending, Kai finally having another battle with Aichi was a nice ending to one series, looking forward to seeing what happens with season 2.

Stupid MAL, not registering finished series as such >.<

"You're such an idiot."
~Celty (Durarara)

"How many seconds until the boy confesses his love to the girl?"
~Durarara

Should it be sad now that twice in a season I've been glad that subs scrolls by to quickly for me to process?

Mar 30, 2012 10:52 PM

Jun 2010
Wow that was really good. Not too rushed and not too slow. Great ending. Wish we could see that last fight. Oh well what can you do about it. Hopefully season 2 talks about Planet Cray.

Mar 30, 2012 11:11 PM

Jun 2008
7/10. Looking forward to the next season!

Review up soon.
Mar 31, 2012 1:16 AM

Sep 2007
9/10.
Never disappointed.
Mar 31, 2012 3:46 AM

Nov 2009
If someone had told me I'd really enjoy this by the end when I first started it I would have laughed in their face. But here we are, a year or so later and I'm enjoying it more than Yu-gi-oh.

Might try the card game out after this at some point, it looks...interesting at least.

Looking forward to Season 2, hopefully if there is a supernatural element, it takes time to surface again. I dont mind it being a more down to earth and realistic card game show where the world isnt always in jeopardy like certain other card game shows.
Mar 31, 2012 5:48 AM

Aug 2008
Where did you guys watch the last ep? I don't see it out by HorribleSubs
Mar 31, 2012 11:14 AM

Jun 2008
nice ending though its kinda predictable.
I enjoyed this series anyway, cant wait for season 2
9/10

Mar 31, 2012 1:28 PM

Jan 2010
Kinda disappointed Aichi is switching to a different deck next season, because this episode makes Majesty Lord Blaster look situational as fuck when in reality the whole deck is very streamlined and there are tutors out the wazoo for all the combos. Obviously they couldn't show any of that in this game for the surprise factor and all that, but yeah. Still loved the show.
"My tables-meet it is I set it down
That one may smile, and smile, and be a villain."
Apr 1, 2012 1:44 PM

Sep 2011
NewHJ said:
Good to hear Aichi saying that he, IN FACT, has that jerk side who won too many battles.

Yeah, my thoughts exactly :3
I remember Victorique from Gosick, who liked Kujou because he was able to admit that he is prideful.
Apr 1, 2012 5:39 PM

Aug 2010
9/10, Aichi's growth throughout the series was amazing, glad to see the final episode was actually not rushed and ended in a nice way
Ren becoming normal was quite nice too, was hoping for some tears ;P I can wish right lol
I actually thought they should use the Vanguard song (OP1) for the ending as well as show a bit (if not most) of Kai and Aichi's fight :3 hahaha XD but anyways
Oh I was also hoping for the airhead Ren lol way too many wishes >_>
Apr 8, 2012 7:49 AM

Jul 2009
And so it ends, with a lot of fans happy, Aichi a national champion (but noone cares), and a split personality coexisting and thriving.
'Everything is impossible until proven possible.' - Me

Dec 22, 2012 2:52 PM

Aug 2010
Brilliant ending. I'm kinda surprised I enjoyed watching Vanguard as much as I did. Gonna start season 2 now~
Aug 13, 2013 8:24 PM

Nov 2011
Oh nice, so Aichi was able to use the Majestic Lord Blaster that Team Ultra Rare gave to him. I bet ya didn't see that coming, did you Ren? The match was kinda predictable though. But holy shit, Ren lost!

REN FUCKING LOST

Great episode and wow, I unexpectedly enjoyed this series much more than I had thought. I'm rating this a 7.5/10. Wow, not bad at all. I'll give season 2 a try for sure now.

Oh and the OST is epic.
Nov 23, 2013 10:39 PM
Sep 2013
FREAKING EPIC ENDING!!!
It was nice to see such a happy ending, and Aichi finally got his battle with Kai that he's wanted since the beginning!
It's awesome how they start the series off getting you to think that everything's just normal, getting you to wish that this Planet Cray was real...And as revealed at the end...IT IS!
The combining of Light and Dark was amazing as well.

Just like all of you, I hope they go more in-depth into Planet Cray next season!
Gonna start it soon! :D
Jul 16, 2015 7:54 PM
Jul 2015
What is the name of the song at the ending when aichi plays kai. I cant seem to find it.
Aug 5, 2016 1:18 PM

Jul 2012
This show is stupid lol

I never understood the game mechanics honestly. I feel like my time was wasted with this Anime.

I watched this Anime for the seiyuu so my comments will be mostly directed towards them.

Yonaga Tsubasa did a great job as Aichi. I kept on wondering why he sounded so girly as Aichi but then once he got his superpower and it possessed him, his voice completely changed. So yeah, good stuff. Sato Takuya rocked Kai-kun. Abe Atsushi was a great villain playing Ren. Morikubo Showtaro was a delight to hear as Taishi and I liked his character a lot. Nice to hear Mimori Suzuko on Kourin. Kenji Akabane sounded so good in his role as Kenji!

That's all. I don't think I'll be continuing this franchise. I'm not interested at all.
Aug 14, 2016 5:32 AM
Jul 2018
Ahhh Kai's smile at the end of the tournament /melts/ And he waited for Aichi at the card shop!! I love these two♥♥

Great episode and satisfying ending overall. When the second OP started playing during the battle.. and the original ED at the end...!! I'm glad I gave this series a chance as I really enjoyed it, even though it doesn't look like anything I'd even bother to pick up (child characters, card fights, etc).
Jun 23, 2019 7:56 PM

May 2018
Super late into the game but wow, my god. I really loved this show!
A friend used to be into it (and even dabbled into the TCG) and she told me all about it because she knew I was into YGO
I really enjoyed the show, I loved teh characters, and the fights were exciting as hell.
Although I have no one to play with I went to the local cardshop to grab some random trial decks too :D
This is not your planet to rule. The Fallen shall rise again.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Cardfight!! Vanguard Episode 9 Discussion

Nanodesu - Mar 4, 2011

10 by ZaneRobie »»
Feb 9, 2023 12:37 PM

Poll: » Cardfight!! Vanguard Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 )

MrHatandClogs - Jan 7, 2011

56 by HagePotPotato »»
Jan 21, 2023 9:58 PM

Poll: » Cardfight!! Vanguard Episode 58 Discussion

vanissa45 - Feb 10, 2012

20 by Zetsumu »»
Sep 27, 2022 4:03 AM

Poll: » Cardfight!! Vanguard Episode 4 Discussion

Nanodesu - Jan 28, 2011

24 by SemperKaladin »»
Aug 10, 2022 8:13 PM

Poll: » Cardfight!! Vanguard Episode 62 Discussion

vanissa45 - Mar 9, 2012

21 by Gvendoline »»
Apr 7, 2021 6:01 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.