Forum Settings
Forums
New
Mar 20, 2012 8:46 PM

Feb 2010
This topic is part of our CSS Tutorials and Add-ons section:
http://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=419405

You can add unique custom message text to your title bar! It is useful since its typically so empty in the middle! You can put a quote there, a message, or maybe some kind of information about your list.

Here's the code for it. Its the same from the example pic above.
http://tny.cz/dbeff283

You can change the quote to whatever you like by changing the text in quotations after content: in the code! You can change the color as well. Its cyan by default.

This is a different example of the text starting from the right side of the screen and just stating a different comment for a different background. It starts the text lower as well and is in red.

Here's the codes for it:
http://tny.cz/de1e9715

PS Try to leave width alone. Because on a computer resolution of 1024 px across the quote fills the entire space. So if you increase the width for more quote room on your wider screen computer, your quote will overflow on those 1024px computers and look very messy. Leave position:absolute; alone too.
Shishio-kunSep 1, 2016 9:12 PM
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members
Mar 20, 2012 10:40 PM

Mar 2010
max-width isn't supported by some browsers. It's best not to use that.
Mar 20, 2012 10:59 PM

Feb 2010
I didn't know that what can I replace it with?

nm, width works!
Shishio-kunMar 20, 2012 11:08 PM
Mar 21, 2012 6:20 AM

Nov 2011
max-width works with:
IE7+, Chrome 1.0+, Opera 4.0+, Safari 2.0+, Firefox 1.0+, Android def browser from 2.1 and iOS one from 2.0. Not sure what do you mean under some browsers...
Sep 1, 2013 5:56 PM

Mar 2013
I have one good idea, as I see it: to make that text messages on title bar will change from time to time, when you reopen/refresh page. Let's say it will be randomly choosed/selected from the list of different phrases/quotes. So I will add there wise and intelligent quotes from anime or manga works (as since this site based on this topic). Looks like very and interesting idea for me. But I'm at beginner level in CSS and an 'old fart', so I can't do it myself at the moment, so can you help me to realize the idea? I believe that other people can be interested in such idea too.
Sep 1, 2013 8:08 PM

Apr 2012
Evil_Genius said:
I have one good idea, as I see it: to make that text messages on title bar will change from time to time, when you reopen/refresh page. Let's say it will be randomly choosed/selected from the list of different phrases/quotes. So I will add there wise and intelligent quotes from anime or manga works (as since this site based on this topic). Looks like very and interesting idea for me. But I'm at beginner level in CSS and an 'old fart', so I can't do it myself at the moment, so can you help me to realize the idea? I believe that other people can be interested in such idea too.

That's could be done, but not in CSS at all, using PHP to do the randomization and select the phrase and generate a simple CSS that will be imported on the list, but that requires an external host for the PHP file and program that PHP.

Other way to make that is use a random image with the quote but that's not the best way to do..

in some forums i have a dynamic signature, change every reload:
http://zweialexs.eshost.es/scripts/firma.php

the source code can be used and modified to accomplish that task, but I don't have so much time to programming and test this.
Sep 1, 2013 11:02 PM

Jan 2012
If you don't want use PHP then you might create several small pictures with different text and place them on http://www.signavatar.com/ or http://www.randimg.net/ and pictures with text will change on every page refresh
Sep 2, 2013 4:35 PM

Apr 2012
The thing is, when you change the layout all of these pics will become useless...
Sep 2, 2013 8:37 PM

Jan 2012
Hmmm, why? Actually that is only text on transparent background. But your code becoming useless too. Every layout needs original style, so you have to edit the code each time you change a layout as well as you make new pictures with text. This is not hard as it looks
Sep 6, 2013 10:39 AM

Mar 2013
Thank you guys for your answers and attempts to help.

However, I think idea with pictures is bad - making picrute for every quote is uncomfortable and quite awkward, imho. But it's easier to do (without knowledge), but well. I bet you see my view here. Sorry, Hahaido, don't take offence.

What with PHP, I think it's far smarter exit, but it's a bit harder task. But far more comfortable and effective. If this is really can't be done with just CSS...

al_exs, please, give me directs links to manuals/info "how to make exactly this possible". As I understand you have not much time to do this for me (and actually I didn't ask this, I want to do it myself, but I need some help and directions/advices).
So, will wait for answers. My gratitude.
Sep 6, 2013 1:02 PM

Jul 2010
@Evil_Genius
I'm not really confident in PHP, but Making it isn't that hard, the problem would be where to host it. There is a lot of free hosting sites though. I cannot recommend you one since I'm using my uni server, but any would work.
PHP code should look something like this:

"One", "two", etc being your quotes of course.
Some people, with more skill than I have, could probably simplify this process, but this is what I thought of.
Sep 6, 2013 9:57 PM

Jan 2012
Evil_Genius said:

However, I think idea with pictures is bad - making picrute for every quote is uncomfortable and quite awkward, imho. But it's easier to do (without knowledge), but well. I bet you see my view here. Sorry, Hahaido, don't take offence.

Just to be clear, I'm not using pictures with text I just shown you an alternate way to realize your idea, that's it
Sep 7, 2013 11:15 AM

Mar 2013
dzikibambus, my gratitude, I think this will definately help me.

Hahaido, of course, this is obvious. As I said, thank you for your initiative too.
Sep 9, 2013 2:34 PM

Apr 2012
dzikibambus said:
@Evil_Genius
I'm not really confident in PHP, but Making it isn't that hard, the problem would be where to host it. There is a lot of free hosting sites though. I cannot recommend you one since I'm using my uni server, but any would work.
PHP code should look something like this:

"One", "two", etc being your quotes of course.
Some people, with more skill than I have, could probably simplify this process, but this is what I thought of.

Well, everyone has their own way, hehe..

instead of that big switch, I probably use an Array with all the quotes:

and that way you can add more quotes without add to much code. example
http://alexs.zxq.net/phps/quotes.php
Oct 25, 2014 5:00 PM

Feb 2010
This topics also been restored.
Oct 25, 2014 6:22 PM

Jun 2013
hi, is it somehow possible to add a text with a url in it?
like this:

Oct 25, 2014 7:17 PM

Feb 2010
Crash333 said:
like this:

Afaik not with this (try it?).
Oct 25, 2014 7:35 PM

Jun 2013
Shishio-kun said:
Crash333 said:
like this:

??
i tryed:
but didn't worked
Oct 25, 2014 8:48 PM

Feb 2010
Crash333 said:
Shishio-kun said:

??
i tryed:
but didn't worked

It doesn't work then, the only place it works for sure on a list is in your anime/manga comments
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members

More topics from this board

» ❓ Ask for help here + See Frequently Asked Questions ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Shishio-kun - Apr 15, 2010

7812 by mtsRhea »»
Apr 21, 5:25 AM

» [CSS- MODERN] ⭐ Minimal Dashboard layout by 5cm ~ Compact and convenient! ( 1 2 3 )

Shishio-kun - Sep 4, 2020

121 by Pokitaru »»
Apr 21, 3:25 AM

» [CSS-MODERN] Change list text/font colors on any list layout

Shishio-kun - May 4, 2021

3 by hideso »»
Apr 20, 4:33 PM

» [CSS] [VIDEO GUIDE] ⭐️ How to change fonts on a list layout

Shishio-kun - Jul 15, 2019

17 by hideso »»
Apr 20, 4:03 PM

» [CSS][Modern] ☀️ Endless Summer Layout by Cateinya ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Cateinya - Aug 18, 2016

309 by hideso »»
Apr 20, 3:56 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.