Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Chihayafuru
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »
Mar 14, 2012 3:41 AM
Dec 2010
keeetz said:
Orihime and Hikoboshi. Arata and Chihaya written in the stars.

indeed arata and chihaya is like the husband and wife Orihime and Hikoboshi in Tanabata in Japanese star festival. It celebrates the meeting of the deities Orihime and Hikoboshi (represented by the stars Vega and Altair respectively). According to legend, the Milky Way separates these lovers, and they are allowed to meet only once a year on the seventh day of the seventh lunar month of the lunisolar calendar.
Mar 14, 2012 5:12 AM

May 2009
This episode was so good! Poor Taichi, and the way Kana incorporates the poem into his current situation was ingenious!

I'm loving this series more with each passing week, and ah, only two weeks left. :(
Mar 14, 2012 6:12 AM
Mar 2011
so 2 epis left, ummm no more karuta tournaments other than watching the master and queen competition?

great epi by the way, need a season 2
"....i am the villain in this story"
Mar 14, 2012 7:23 AM

Nov 2009
superman89 said:
bakuramariks said:
I got reminded why Arata is such a wuss. He stopped playing karuta because his grandfather passed away. If he was stronger individual inside, he would have used this as a way to pay even more respect to his grandfather and continue to strive forward. But he stopped instead. He's weak and a coward. I'm glad he decided to return to karuta and i want to see him stronger. Stronger inside and firm with his decisions.

Haha, Taichi was surrounded by girls xD.
Go for it, Taichi! You gotta be rough! Love is rough!

He stopped playing, because he felt responsible for his grandfather's death. Big difference then what your trying to bash him with. Plus let's not forget he IS a teenager and not a grown adult like you seem to think he is...

A stonger individual wouldn't have stopped playing even if he thought he was responsible. He would have used those feelings push him forward in the name of his beloved grandfather instead of stopping him. It doesn't matter he's a teenager. There are other teenagers in the anime and they made decisions to move forward and better themselves in karuta no matter what they are going through.
Mar 14, 2012 7:32 AM
Mar 2012
pilipino101 said:
Confucius said:
This show just loves to use Taichi as a punching bag for character development.
This
I agree.
At least every second episode makes me feel sorry for the poor guy.

It's really a shame this one doesn't get the attention it deserves. And a second season.
Mar 14, 2012 8:04 AM
Nov 2011
bakuramariks said:
superman89 said:
bakuramariks said:
I got reminded why Arata is such a wuss. He stopped playing karuta because his grandfather passed away. If he was stronger individual inside, he would have used this as a way to pay even more respect to his grandfather and continue to strive forward. But he stopped instead. He's weak and a coward. I'm glad he decided to return to karuta and i want to see him stronger. Stronger inside and firm with his decisions.

Haha, Taichi was surrounded by girls xD.
Go for it, Taichi! You gotta be rough! Love is rough!

He stopped playing, because he felt responsible for his grandfather's death. Big difference then what your trying to bash him with. Plus let's not forget he IS a teenager and not a grown adult like you seem to think he is...

A stonger individual wouldn't have stopped playing even if he thought he was responsible. He would have used those feelings push him forward in the name of his beloved grandfather instead of stopping him. It doesn't matter he's a teenager. There are other teenagers in the anime and they made decisions to move forward and better themselves in karuta no matter what they are going through.

You make it sound so easy.
Mar 14, 2012 8:54 AM

May 2010
Good episode despite the faster pacing.

2 eps left.
Mar 14, 2012 10:01 AM

Dec 2010
I liked this episode a lot and I liked the pacing, having only 2 episodes left it's good to get the most out of the story!

and Team Taichi! <3 he is so adorable, but c'mon grow some balls!! I can't believe Chihaya got asked out for the first time by someone else other than Taichi or Arata...I just...there's no way....I guess he is afraid of rejection because she is clearly into Arata, but he should still try! I keep hoping he steals a kiss from her!

2 left...
Mar 14, 2012 11:16 AM

Feb 2010
Taichi is so adorable :3
I need more Sudou,one of the cutest sadists xDD
Harada-sensei = intelligent bear :DDD
Where's 2nd season announcement???!!!
Mar 14, 2012 11:21 AM

Nov 2011
hope chihaya will notice taichi
anyhow i felt sorry for chihaya for losing :(
Mar 14, 2012 11:33 AM

Apr 2010
Why are there only two episodes left....

4/5
Mar 14, 2012 11:51 AM

Nov 2011
They should do a season 2 in the future, I'm pretty sure they have more than enough materials from the manga to cover it.
Mar 14, 2012 12:29 PM

Jan 2012
harada owned but i hafta say im a bit disappointed that chihaya has done nothing but lose since becoming class a. guess it just means she has a long way to go but hey even arata lost...in the final qualifiers
good thing im not just watching this for karuta lol i adore poor lovestruck taichi who just plain out doesnt even have a chance between arata and karuta. i thought it was funny when taichi told chihaya she cant date a guy that hasnt seen her play karuta, nice one lol
Mar 14, 2012 2:11 PM

Apr 2011
Taichi is getting harder and harder to watch...
Mar 14, 2012 5:04 PM

Jan 2011
TBOkmph said:
prismheart said:
Confucius said:
Also, I hope they show more Shinobu!!! Shinobu >> Chihaya

Definitely, I want her to show up again sometime before the series ends.

Yeah, this would be nice! After so many losses this epi they focused more on the character relationships, but that puíl of Harada-sensei did qualified to face the Meijin and Yumin qualified to face Shinobu so maybe that's how they'll put her in before the series end! And finally show the current Meijin, I guess he wasn't onscreen yet right? It'd be nice to see before the series end what kind of char he is too...

They probably are gonna show Chihaya & co. watching the match on TV; however, it'll probably skim right through that because. Of time constraints :(
Actually, Suoh was supposed to make an appearance in episode 22! He was supposed to ask Taichi (when he was emailing Arata) if he was an A-rank player and when Taichi said no, he pretty much said then that he wouldn't get what he was offering him (it was something to eat).
Let's just say that Suoh is...eccentric xD
Mar 14, 2012 7:52 PM

Nov 2008
Kananipa said:
God_of_Conquest said:
Taichi is getting harder and harder to watch...

I don't know if that's because you don't like him, or like me, you get heartbroken seemingly every time he's on the damn screen. Seriously, I haven't felt this attached to a male character since Okabe in Steins;Gate. Oh and look at that, they both have the same seiyuu. God damn you Mamoru, with you being super awesome at making me love the characters you voice D:
I don't even like Arata, so *shrug* (he doesn't have enough screen time and my love for Taichi stops me from liking him, considering he's inadvertently BREAKING HIS HEART. Not his fault, really. But that's the way it goes. His character is super boring as well, in my opinion.)
I hope they stop hating on Taichi, because honestly it really is getting hard to watch.

You read my mind. I decided to catch up to Chihayafuru, and the more I see it, the more my heart breaks for Taichi. The show itself is getting harder to watch without my heart feeling some pain for him..

Sometimes I really dislike Chihaya for been so oblivious and not realizing how she hurts Taichi every time she mentions Arata....I also hate how Arata is probably gonna end up with her without even really trying or doing anything to deserve it...
I am a sucker for romance!!!!
]

Mar 14, 2012 10:58 PM

Jun 2008
WHEN THE HELL WILL MY TAICHI BE HAPPY ALREADY?! SCREW THIS, I JUST CAN'T ANYMORE. :'(
Mar 15, 2012 12:22 AM
Nov 2011
I was reading mo
bootyjon said:
keeetz said:

indeed arata and chihaya is like the husband and wife Orihime and Hikoboshi in Tanabata in Japanese star festival. It celebrates the meeting of the deities Orihime and Hikoboshi (represented by the stars Vega and Altair respectively). According to legend, the Milky Way separates these lovers, and they are allowed to meet only once a year on the seventh day of the seventh lunar month of the lunisolar calendar.

I was curious about the Vega and Altair constellations, so I looked it up on google images. I saw a picture and it reminded me of something I saw in the latest episode of Chihayafuru.

This is the google image:

This is a screen shot from Episode 23 right after Arata was looking up at the sky (time is 9:23):

So is that Orihime and Hokiboshi? o.o
Mar 15, 2012 5:23 AM
Dec 2010
keeetz said:
I was reading mo
bootyjon said:
keeetz said:

I was curious about the Vega and Altair constellations, so I looked it up on google images. I saw a picture and it reminded me of something I saw in the latest episode of Chihayafuru.

This is a screen shot from Episode 23 right after Arata was looking up at the sky (time is 9:23):

yeap that's vega and altair, if you have a android phone with a GPS and have a google sky map you can see the exact location of it faster and zoom it.
Mar 16, 2012 12:16 AM

Feb 2010
delightful as always.

LOL at the little boy being scared of Arata... and Taichi being the only dude at the party xD
Mar 16, 2012 5:04 AM
Sep 2009
when the second season?
Mar 16, 2012 9:58 AM
Mar 2012
keeetz said:
I was reading mo
bootyjon said:
keeetz said:

What an amazing brilliant catch.

Now I start to think that the Christmas lights at the party and later outside are not just decorations and the falling snow not just winter weather but instead the stars and the Milky Way of the legend. Everything in the show begins to glow with almost-understood meaning...
Mar 17, 2012 7:08 AM
Observer

Nov 2007
Ok, need to make sure season 2 happens....
bla bla bla
The endless debate between fans and haters. At one point, after spending a lot of time on MAL, you just realize it's totally pointless.
Niko-kun said:
On MAL, everyone who has used the lame rating system becomes a critic and an intellectual by default, haven't you heard?
Mar 17, 2012 3:15 PM

Jul 2009
Wow, good for Harada, too bad that they didn't make it through. Thought they'd make the Master / Queen challengers maybe next episode but that seems unlikely, since there's only Yumi left out of them. Poor Arata, scaring the kids like that! XD Although I understand Murao, it's not like the "goal" of kurata is to become the Master I suppose ...
ALSO TAICHI. OH MY GOD, YOU ADMITTED YOU LOVE HER ... NOW DO IT OUT LOUD D; Poor guy, I totally thought Chihaya was gonna call him after, but she called Arata instead ... T_T Although it was nice to see the Christmas parties (oh my god lol Taichi XD) and everyone ... well ... SEASON TWO MUST HAPPEN GAIZ D;
Mar 17, 2012 4:52 PM

Sep 2011
Taichi and Chihaya need to be together, if Arata and Chihaya do I'll be super pissed. D:

I have a feeling it might not be resolved though.
[center]
Mar 18, 2012 6:42 AM

Nov 2010
Gah, I got pretty pissed when Desktomu said all that about wishing someone was beside you bla bla bla and Chihaya started calling on their phone, I was like "yes! finally she has realized how important Taichi is to her!", only to call the one guy who doesn't pay her much heed.

I have found a suitable form of expressing my dismay:

http://s7.postimage.org/clc8h2v57/Y_U_NO.jpg
KelvetsMar 18, 2012 11:52 AM
Mar 18, 2012 1:27 PM

Jun 2008
5/5

I want a second season T^T

Mar 18, 2012 2:11 PM

Jul 2011
Great episode like always!

btw i think the most...

anime viewers = Taichi x Chihaya

manga readers = Arata x Chihaya

2 episodes left ;(
Mar 18, 2012 2:55 PM

May 2009
aiNkyy said:

I saw some spoilers from raws that there is a lot of Shinobu x Arata in manga http://i.imgur.com/Y4MJM.jpg
Mar 18, 2012 5:38 PM
Jan 2012
bastek66 said:
aiNkyy said:

I saw some spoilers from raws that there is a lot of Shinobu x Arata in manga http://i.imgur.com/Y4MJM.jpg

If the logic of the spoiler is valid, it would make Sudo X Chihaya pairing more feasible.
Mar 18, 2012 11:01 PM
Nov 2011
gundamzz said:
bastek66 said:
aiNkyy said:

If the logic of the spoiler is valid, it would make Sudo X Chihaya pairing more feasible.

Shinobu x Arata is like saying Sumire x Taichi

Mar 19, 2012 5:56 AM

Sep 2010
I must be retarded. I've been following this show for 23 episodes and only just realised that the ED is sung by Chihaya's seiyuu. /facepalm
Mar 19, 2012 6:41 AM

Jul 2011
bastek66 said:
aiNkyy said:

Yeah your right but i mean what the fans want
Mar 19, 2012 1:10 PM

Apr 2008
Taichi's life is just unfair, POOR KID.
I demand a second season.
Mar 19, 2012 2:56 PM

Jul 2011
thrina said:

Oh yeah you are totally right!

He is beautiful like a model, he is popular, he is the most intelligent of the whole school and his parents are rich!

POOR KID.

ps. I'm just doing a bit of sarcasm...pls forgive me<3
Mar 19, 2012 6:07 PM

May 2008
Dear GOD, please give Taichi the girl he so rightfully deserves. Seeing him suffer like that literally makes my stomach upset. This guy is getting pounded and spat on in both love and karuta. While Arata 1000miles away is getting all the attention from Chihaya T____T.

I'm glad she was actually listening to Taichi when he sat infront of the locker and when he admitted to himself how hopelessly in love he was with her, I just hit pause and screamed out "HELL YEAH"" for him. Now I'm just hoping it will actually work out for him with just 2 episodes left. Cause lately that is my main driving point to watch this show. At first it was pretty funny with the whole karuta playing and it still is, but right now I'm watching and waiting for Taichi to be happy. I'm so gonna hate Chihaya if she ends up with Arata. When was he ever there for her.... I'm getting more and more afraid to watch these episodes, cause I have this bad feeling in my gut about Taichi.

Mar 20, 2012 9:39 PM
Nov 2011
aiNkyy said:
thrina said:

He is beautiful like a model, he is popular, he is the most intelligent of the whole school and his parents are rich!

POOR KID.

^ this is exactly what I thought

Oh, those first world problems! D:
Mar 21, 2012 2:02 PM

Feb 2009
I'm mad at Chihaya for thinking so much about Arata when Taichi is right in front of her. :(
Mar 21, 2012 9:13 PM

Apr 2008
aiNkyy said:
thrina said:

POOR KID.

In terms of this episode's context, I was referring to his ~love life~ but yes, I got the sarcasm, don't worry.
Mar 22, 2012 5:46 PM

Sep 2011
I can't do anything else but feel sorry for Taichi. He reminds me of

He can't reach the only person he loves even though she's so near to him.
Apr 7, 2012 11:55 AM
Jul 2009
Chihaya was really cute in the end of the episode. :P
Apr 7, 2012 3:18 PM

Sep 2011
Yup, Taichi deserves Chihaya more, but I don't really care who wins to be honest. Shieet, its better off not having a winner at all. I rather this Anime not focus on romance, but since I'm a huge romance fan, I guess it doesn't matter either way.
Apr 28, 2012 11:37 PM

Jul 2008
I need a second season.

Also, I hope Shinobu DESTROYS Yumin.
May 4, 2012 11:33 PM

Mar 2009
I still don't like Yumi.
May 11, 2012 6:04 PM

Nov 2007
The line of Taichi.. Hoplessly Inlove.. Kyaaaaaaaa~

AND...

Chihaya's line about the bridge? Weeee...So doesn't that mean that Hikoboshi is Arata? Kyaaaaa~ ChihayaxArata~ weeee.

TORN! :DDD

Hmn. I love it whenever Chihaya always remembers Arata~ Hohohoho.
Jun 18, 2012 3:30 PM

Feb 2009
SO.. MUCH.. FEEL.. GOOD.. Great episode, full of joy and tenderness. Loved the ending.
Jul 3, 2012 8:40 PM
Dec 2011
Who else believes Chihaya loves Arata? I like both Arata and Taichi but I don't know who i'd like to see her with, I am hopeful the second season will sum it up on whose going to be with who, I know it's probably not the most appropriate place to post this but I needed somewhere to say it!!!
Aug 10, 2012 8:22 PM

Nov 2011
Aw man, was hoping she would hang up and call Taichi D=

"I like to expose what people hide. I'm an intellectual rapist." - Furudo Erika
Aug 25, 2012 10:44 AM

Jun 2011
I want Taichi and Chihaya to end up together <3
Hahaha, I loved the part where he erased that guy's number from Chihaya's phone and told her to go to school together with him.
Sep 9, 2012 4:57 PM
Jan 2012
They started to expand socially a bit more, even learnt that other clubs have used the Karuta club as an example!
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Chihayafuru Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

tsubasalover - Nov 29, 2011

216 by minnaslay127 »»
Apr 24, 4:04 PM

Poll: » Chihayafuru Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

zimno - Oct 11, 2011

180 by saabiK »»
Mar 14, 6:02 AM

Poll: » Chihayafuru Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

tsubasalover - Dec 13, 2011

146 by CrazyButNot4U »»
Mar 12, 7:24 AM

Poll: » Chihayafuru Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

tsubasalover - Nov 1, 2011

182 by CrazyButNot4U »»
Mar 12, 1:58 AM

Poll: » Chihayafuru Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Confucius - Oct 10, 2011

115 by CrazyButNot4U »»
Mar 11, 2:11 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.