Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Durarara!! (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Mar 19, 2013 11:59 AM
Mar 2013
Sooo want season 2! What would it be about?
Mar 19, 2013 12:10 PM

Mar 2013
I would like a second season. But who knows if that will ever happen
Mar 19, 2013 9:56 PM

Nov 2012
Its official ive given up hope on this project.
</3

“It’s fascinating. You know all these words, and they’re all English, but when you string them together into sentences, they just don’t make any sense.”
Apr 12, 2013 10:19 AM
Aug 2012
Guys, seriously don't lose hope yet.

The final volume of the novels is coming out in 2 months, it'd make sense for the studio to wait until the series was completed so they can adapt the second season right. After all, they wouldnt want to leave the series on another cliffhanger. Going by that, the second season would probably miss a lot of stuff out and be full of plot holes, as they'd be adapting 9 volumes into 25 episodes but I really couldn't care less as long as we get more Drrr.

Hopefully the light novels will get licenced soon as well, I want to get them so much....

Apr 12, 2013 1:11 PM

Jun 2012
RiiTheHobbit said:
Guys, seriously don't lose hope yet.

The final volume of the novels is coming out in 2 months, it'd make sense for the studio to wait until the series was completed so they can adapt the second season right. After all, they wouldnt want to leave the series on another cliffhanger. Going by that, the second season would probably miss a lot of stuff out and be full of plot holes, as they'd be adapting 9 volumes into 25 episodes but I really couldn't care less as long as we get more Drrr.

Hopefully the light novels will get licenced soon as well, I want to get them so much....

wow... i think that's the first time i read an argument for a season 2 that is reasonable AND logical ^O^
Apr 18, 2013 8:42 PM

Oct 2012
I honestly think that there is a huge chance for another season. The reason i think this is because the creaters or durarara have a site out there that looks identical to the dollars site. And on the front page it says that the dollars are down but will be back up in season 2..

thats proof enough for me to think that there will be another season.
Apr 24, 2013 4:48 PM

Aug 2012
Shit, I'd be happy as fuck if they came out with a Season 2. Oreimo got a season 2 and i wasn't too psyched out about that. Even nyarko got a season 2, dammit. They need to make a second season of Durarara. and a season 2 of madoka possibly? shiet, a lot of animes need another season. Another needs another season.
Apr 25, 2013 4:08 AM

Jun 2012
ExplodingFetus said:
Shit, I'd be happy as fuck if they came out with a Season 2. Oreimo got a season 2 and i wasn't too psyched out about that. Even nyarko got a season 2, dammit. They need to make a second season of Durarara. and a season 2 of madoka possibly? shiet, a lot of animes need another season. Another needs another season.

i agree. there are way too many animes that have already gotten a second season and have only aired last year. what about durarara, angel beats and many others ? they aired a few years ago and haven't gotten their 2nd season T.T
Apr 26, 2013 8:26 AM

Apr 2011
I would love a season 2...
All of the characters have real rounded personalities and I never knew what was going to happen next, so a season 2 would be great!
Apr 28, 2013 9:21 PM

Oct 2010
Apr 28, 2013 11:20 PM

Nov 2012
Do petitions ever work? We tried one at school and all I got was two weeks in school suspension and my bank card frozen, So i don't really think a petition would help anything.

“It’s fascinating. You know all these words, and they’re all English, but when you string them together into sentences, they just don’t make any sense.”
Apr 29, 2013 12:06 PM

Jun 2012
ryrynz said:
Totally sign the petition guys.

http://www.thepetitionsite.com/1/durarara-season-2/

1. i think i already signed this one or two years ago (not sure when it was)
2. it's closed
[3. the last signatures are from Dec 11 and i think that's 2011 Dec 11 >.>]
Jul 2, 2013 11:12 PM

Apr 2012
I hope a season 2 comes out soon
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 2, 2013 11:13 PM

Jan 2009
lol petitions never work dudes, and i doubt season 2 will happen since its been years already
Jul 3, 2013 11:05 AM

Jun 2012
well who knows. maybe there will be one. if I remember correctly the novels are still on-going and they are adapting it into a manga. i think the manga volumes covering the saika arc will be released in english this summer
Jul 3, 2013 5:43 PM

Sep 2011
I don't think its a matter of having material at this point, it's just about monetary value. I think the dvd/merchandise sales didn't go over well enough to justify another season
______________________________________________________________________________________________
If only you had justice on your side
Jul 24, 2013 10:22 AM
Jul 2013
GreenBeans said:
I honestly think that there is a huge chance for another season. The reason i think this is because the creaters or durarara have a site out there that looks identical to the dollars site. And on the front page it says that the dollars are down but will be back up in season 2..

thats proof enough for me to think that there will be another season.

Could I get a link? If this is true, then I can stop worrying.

EDIT: I found it, but is it really made by the creators? Here's the link, btw: http://durarara.weebly.com/
Cereal_BawksJul 25, 2013 4:26 PM
Jul 31, 2013 5:00 PM
Jul 2013
I really hope we get a season 2!! Just seeing Shizuo getting pissed off by Izaya is funny on its own. XD

Plus I want to know what happens next with everyone.
Aug 3, 2013 6:37 AM
Mar 2010
Cereal_Bawks said:

EDIT: I found it, but is it really made by the creators? Here's the link, btw: http://durarara.weebly.com/

If it's weebly I don't think it 's official since that's a free homepage making service (which I use, too)...
Aug 4, 2013 6:23 PM
Jul 2013
Yeah, I figured. That's a bummer...
Aug 9, 2013 9:30 PM
Jul 2013
Who thinks that the anime needs another season I watched the first and second and thought they were awesome I just hope they make a next season what do you guys think?
Aug 9, 2013 9:32 PM

Jun 2012
Durarara was a clusterfuck of a show and shouldn't have a second season, but I have crappy taste.
Aug 9, 2013 9:32 PM

Mar 2011
Just by seeing "durarara", I already knew what this thread would be about.

You think DRRR! needs another season.
I think DRRR! needs another season.
Almost everyone thinks DRRR! needs another season.

But apparently, some awful awful people don't.
Aug 9, 2013 9:34 PM

Apr 2012
It sold pretty damn well, I wouldn't worry about that if I were you.
"The more inexperienced you are, the more you want to show off."
- Oreki, Hyouka
Aug 9, 2013 9:36 PM

Mar 2011
MEanimaniac1 said:
Durarara was a clusterfuck of a show
no

sushi55 said:
It sold pretty damn well, I wouldn't worry about that if I were you.
It aired 3 freaking years ago. ;A;
Aug 9, 2013 9:37 PM

Jun 2008
I don't know why but even though I DID think it was a great show.....I didn't really like it that much.

That sounds contradictory, I know.

But I just can't explain it.
Aug 9, 2013 9:39 PM
★★★★★

Sep 2008
Threads merged.
Aug 10, 2013 6:10 AM

Oct 2012
This and Baccano need to have 2nd seasons.

I mean both anime didn't even cover that many novels to begin with.
Aug 15, 2013 7:26 PM
Jul 2013
Edefrem said:
It aired 3 freaking years ago. ;A;

The light novel is still on-going, though, so it's possible they'll start making a new season once they finish that.
Aug 23, 2013 4:48 PM
Nov 2012
omgg yesss plsss drrr!! needs another season <3
Aug 24, 2013 1:48 PM
Aug 2013
Has anyone tried contacting Brains Base?

http://www.brainsbase.co.jp/recruit.html

i'm sure if enough people contact them, maybe they might make a new season.
Aug 27, 2013 11:34 PM

Sep 2009
With new merchandise coming out constantly and $100+ PVC figures selling out almost instantly on pre-order, I think there's a pretty good chance they will make a season two when the novels are finished. *fingers crossed*
Aug 28, 2013 6:23 AM
Aug 2012
I said a while back in this thread about there could be a chance after the light novels have finished as it would be difficult to make up a proper ending for the anime studio, and I'm sticking with that. Volume 12 turned out to be not the final novel. Volume 13 most likely will be, though.

However, I do have sort of an 'update'.

I found this blog post while searching, and it was posted at the end of May this year while FanimeCon was going on, so only 3 months ago.

http://mahoutofu.wordpress.com/2013/05/29/fun-stuff-fanimecon-2013-aka-the-weekend-of-durarara/

Basically, this guy went to the Durarara panel and talked to the dubbed voice actor of Mikado. Mikado's voice actor told him he had previously gone to Takahiro Omori's (the animation director of Durarara) panel at the same con which the blogwriter had missed and had asked about the chances of season 2. He replied, 'we'll work to make it happen.'

Obviously, this isn't a definite 'yes', but it still isn't a definite 'no'. I think if after 3 years Brains Base were 100% they would not make a second season, Omori would have just said 'no'. In my opinion, there would be no point getting fans excited for nothing.

And this was only 3 months ago, so I still have high hopes. It sold well, has a large fanbase, and also at Fanime, the band who sung 'Complication' (Durarara's second OP) were there and also said they'd like to see a second season and that they enjoyed watching the show.

So yeah, perhaps not until the novels are finished (probably midway next year, depends if Narita's busy with Baccano), but I'm like 80% sure we should get a second season. A lot of anime get second seasons a long time after the first season, take Haruhi Suzumiya for example.

Brain's Base may be pretty famous for not doing second seasons, but if they were to do a second season, Durarara would be the best choice. And they did plenty of seasons for Natsume.

And one last thing, don't quote me on this, but I don't think Brain's Base are producing any anime this upcoming season. Probably doesn't mean anything, but I just like checking these things out.

....This was a long post...(I JUST REALLY WANT THIS SEASON TO HAPPEN)

...we gotta stay positive guys. ^^
aziphale9Aug 28, 2013 6:37 AM

Aug 28, 2013 4:43 PM

Nov 2010
sigh... First of all let me just state something clearly. As a fan I completely agree with your let's stay positive comment, but fueling hope around something so flimsy just seems wrong. I want a second season as much as the next fan, but to be honest I'm not too positive. To quantify it I'd say 25% of me believes there'll be a 2nd season. Let me just go through your comment quickly to point out why I said those aren't enough signs to keep any strong hopes alive.

hachimenroppi said:

I found this blog post while searching, and it was posted at the end of May this year while FanimeCon was going on, so only 3 months ago.

http://mahoutofu.wordpress.com/2013/05/29/fun-stuff-fanimecon-2013-aka-the-weekend-of-durarara/

Basically, this guy went to the Durarara panel and talked to the dubbed voice actor of Mikado. Mikado's voice actor told him he had previously gone to Takahiro Omori's (the animation director of Durarara) panel at the same con which the blogwriter had missed and had asked about the chances of season 2. He replied, 'we'll work to make it happen.'

Obviously, this isn't a definite 'yes', but it still isn't a definite 'no'. I think if after 3 years Brains Base were 100% they would not make a second season, Omori would have just said 'no'. In my opinion, there would be no point getting fans excited for nothing.

And this was only 3 months ago, so I still have high hopes. It sold well, has a large fanbase, and also at Fanime, the band who sung 'Complication' (Durarara's second OP) were there and also said they'd like to see a second season and that they enjoyed watching the show.

You should also know this, but the Japanese don't usually say what they think. The Japanese language is a very polite one, very formal. Those are completely normal things to say even if he knew the second season wasn't happening. I honestly couldn't imagine a Japanese person clearly saying "No" outright, especially - no longer even considering the politeness typical of the Japanese culture and Language alone - without consulting with the studio, especially to a Westerner (Giving out such big news like that to a foreigner in a foreign con would bring very bad rep to him and the studio). In order to avoid the question and hand-in-hand with their Language and cultural customs he answered vaguely and optimistically. Absolutely no positive signs here, I guarantee it. Can you honestly imagine him clearly saying No? Similarly the bands have to be careful with what they say in public. They'll obviously say they liked the show and they'll obviously answer positively to the prospect of making a song for a second season.

hachimenroppi said:

take Haruhi Suzumiya for example.

You shouldn't take Haruhi as an example for anything. DRRR was popular sure. It sold pretty well. Haruhi not only sold well, it was a massive phenomenon. It sold more than 2x more BDs/DVDs per volume than DRRR and if you consider merchandise I believe it probably would outsell DRRR by 10x. Besides it's KyoAni, they follow their own rhythm, they have fans who are loyal enough to allow them that.

hachimenroppi said:

Brain's Base may be pretty famous for not doing second seasons, but if they were to do a second season, Durarara would be the best choice. And they did plenty of seasons for Natsume.

A closer comparison but still... Natsume is a way safer and lower investment than DRRR. The source material of Natsume outsells Durarara's sold novels by far. Besides those Natsume's adaptations had what? One year apart from each other? They didn't care the Manga wasn't finished and still made them because it was a guaranteed low investment. It has a broader target audience (gets a big chunk of the Shoujo market which Brains Base seems to be gunning for more and more and is still easily marketable to the male [shounen/seinen] audience) and it's episodic enough to allow them to go 13 episodes at a time - very safe investment.

About the anime next season you're right, but that may very well be due to the fact that they invested strongly this season having 2 anime at once (Blood Lad and Brother's Conflict).

And you say that if they do it they'll wait until the last volume is out, but considering the author in these last few volumes has always taken more than a year to release a new volume it would only come out in June 2014. Considering the scriptwriters had to work with that as well it'd take them a bit to release. The announcement would come in July or August but I don't think they'd be ready for the fall season (studios don't work that much on the run, especially with such a heavy investment (Brains Base is clearly reticent about high investment just consider the fact that they don't usually go over 13 eps per season and Blood Lad for instance has only 10 eps). At the best of chances (a fall release in 2014) it'd start 4 years and 4 months after the first season ended. That's a bit much, I don't know if Brains Base is willing to do that risky a move.

Also... Why would they wait for the Novel to finish? I have never read the novel, but I read at MangaUpdates that the anime only adapted the first 3 volumes (not including the specials). If they actually intended to go all the way why bother waiting for the LN if they had waay more than enough material to make another 24 episode season?? That'd be just plain stupid and bad business management. If they clearly intended to go on they'd make the second season (24 eps) in 2012. Two years isn't particularly long for a sequel. They'd end the season in late 2012 or early 2013 and start the last season in late 2014/ early 2015. Wouldn't that make more sense?

I don't really like to ruin the party but give your hope a reality check. The chances aren't zero but I don't think their in our favor as well.
Oct 20, 2013 1:48 PM

Jan 2009
OMG SECOND SEASON ANNOUNCED, GUYZ!!!!!

http://imgur.com/wDjTSUY
TusiaOct 20, 2013 1:52 PM
Oct 20, 2013 4:42 PM

May 2008
pikachung said:

Unfortunately that chart is a fake. Although I still hope for DRRR!! second season...
Mar 16, 2014 7:56 AM
Mar 16, 2014 8:06 AM

Apr 2007
Darkmaya said:
pikachung said:

Unfortunately that chart is a fake. Although I still hope for DRRR!! second season...

A+ troll chart. But with Durarara s2 actually on its way, and Stardust Crusaders scheduled for this year, one can only hope that the rest of the list comes true. And I guess Pokemon:Origins was sort of like Pokemon Special, so this chart is now 3 for 24!
Mar 16, 2014 11:26 AM

Jan 2014
Durarara! Season 2 was already announced. http://haruhichan.com/wpblog/9370/durarara-anime-announced/
I don't think it's fake.
Mar 16, 2014 1:16 PM
Mar 16, 2014 1:47 PM

Jan 2013
The awkward moment when you go all melodramatic saying, "Don't let your hopes up, TBH, it's very unlikely.." BAM! 2nd Season pops up lol.

4 years though man! I barely watched the anime about 6 months ago or so lol.
Please send me a message/profile comment since I will most likely not check my forum posts. Thank you.
Mar 16, 2014 3:01 PM

Sep 2013
Zeala_Orihara said:
Season 2 will come out. I have a feeling somewhere between 2013 and 2015

Spot on
Jul 28, 2016 6:03 PM

Oct 2010
j0x said:
lol petitions never work dudes, and i doubt season 2 will happen since its been years already

You doubted and yet here we are. Shō, Ten, Ketsu!
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Durarara!! Episode 15 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

francismeunier - Apr 22, 2010

234 by Karva1 »»
Apr 20, 5:26 PM

Poll: » Durarara!! Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Usami-Haru - Mar 18, 2010

456 by Karva1 »»
Apr 20, 1:47 PM

Poll: » Durarara!! Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Proselyt - Jan 14, 2010

331 by Karva1 »»
Apr 19, 11:39 PM

Poll: » Durarara!! Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

katzenjammer - Feb 18, 2010

299 by Kurkitos »»
Feb 5, 6:31 PM

Poll: » Durarara!! Episode 20 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Kirika- - May 27, 2010

205 by dr_hydrangea »»
Jan 31, 4:32 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.