Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (6) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »
Mar 12, 2012 8:18 AM

Apr 2010
This show's directing is AMAZING.

0/5
Mar 12, 2012 8:20 AM
Jul 2011
OMG I LOVE YOU MINENE R.I.P
Mar 12, 2012 8:21 AM

Nov 2009
The deaths in this anime would have made an impact if the characters were developed properly.....
Mar 12, 2012 8:34 AM

Aug 2011
razisgosu said:
Sounds like haters gonna hate to me. Given that most people have this rated close to a ten, id say you're in the minority here :)
Sounds like derpers gonna derp. Try to defend the terrible directing in this show. Try to defend that shit amazing opening this episode. I dare you.

That's right. You can't. Because you know it's bad.

Bandwagon theory is bullshit. Trying to use it as an argument to determine the quality of an anime is bullshit. By that theory, Guilty Crown is actually good and not terrible (completely opposite of the truth).

Here's what I posted about episode 20:

DraconisMarch said:
This episode was fucking retarded. It's hilarious how many people here aren't even noticing major directing FAILURE:

• Yuki was just trolling and pretending to reject Yuno even though it accomplished nothing but stress her out? LOL k.
  • 11th shoots once, misses, so apparently "LOL GUESS I CAN'T SHOOT AGAIN!"
  • Yuki and Yuno magically get away or...? What the fuck happened?
  • 9th trips a claymore and is completely open to the blast. Only loses her hand, severed perfectly at the wrist.
  • Nishijima gets shot once. No more bullets come from anywhere.
  • Yuno and Yuki magically acquire SMGs. In Japan.
  • Yuno's shots hitting all over the floor and not the guards, yet they're somehow getting hit--all while just standing there scared and not even trying to shoot back.
  • The two other super computers have to be destroyed at the same time? WTF WHY?

Just what I could remember off the top of my head. I literally couldn't laugh at all, either. I just facepalmed the entire episode long.

By the way, why the fuck is 8th's head so fucking huge?

Yup, dat's sum reel gud quality rite thar. Obviously deserves 10s.

Also, I don't understand why the fuck people even care about the "romance" between Nishijima and Minene when he blatantly stated that he only wanted her body. "D'awww! Shallow fucker is so sweet! He wants to merry Minene so he can bone her! Dat's some true romance right there!"
Mar 12, 2012 8:46 AM

Feb 2012
DraconisMarch said:
razisgosu said:
Sounds like haters gonna hate to me. Given that most people have this rated close to a ten, id say you're in the minority here :)
Sounds like derpers gonna derp. Try to defend the terrible directing in this show. Try to defend that shit amazing opening this episode. I dare you.

Bandwagon theory is bullshit. Trying to use it as an argument to determine the quality of an anime is bullshit. By that theory, Guilty Crown is actually good and not terrible (completely opposite of the truth).

DraconisMarch said:
This episode was fucking retarded. It's hilarious how many people here aren't even noticing major directing FAILURE:

• Yuki was just trolling and pretending to reject Yuno even though it accomplished nothing but stress her out? LOL k.
  • 9th trips a claymore and is completely open to the blast. Only loses her hand, severed perfectly at the wrist.
  • Yuno's shots hitting all over the floor and not the guards, yet they're somehow getting hit--all while just standing there scared and not even trying to shoot back.

Just what I could remember off the top of my head. I literally couldn't laugh at all, either. I just facepalmed the entire episode long.

Also, I don't understand why the fuck people even care about the "romance" between Nishijima and Minene when he blatantly stated that he only wanted her body. "D'awww! Shallow fucker is so sweet! He wants to merry Minene so he can bone her! Dat's some true romance right there!"

He was joking. He does want her body, but truly he just wanted to save her from her terrorism. He really does love her. And everytime he is near her he is her escape, her true escape.

The show doesn't deserve 10's imo, its true that the directing could have been a lot better. But the anime is still so damn fucking awesome.
Mar 12, 2012 10:45 AM

Feb 2012
Speaking of those directing mistakes mentioned, I assume the two computers needing to be destroyed was a subbing mistake, considering that we only see one computer blow up (unless both computers were right next to each other or something). Don't know where 8ths diary went, but oh well.
I Write About Anime (and other stuff) At Standing On My Neck
Mar 12, 2012 10:51 AM

Feb 2012
Wow
I didn't know someone was still taking draconismarch seriously

Flawfinder said:
Speaking of those directing mistakes mentioned, I assume the two computers needing to be destroyed was a subbing mistake, considering that we only see one computer blow up (unless both computers were right next to each other or something). Don't know where 8ths diary went, but oh well.

Oh yeah, I wonder that too. Shouldn't she be dead?
Mar 12, 2012 11:44 AM

Apr 2011
Another epic awesome episode. :)
I still wonder what is behind the black holes. Guessing everything is being sucked up.
Mar 12, 2012 12:18 PM

Mar 2008
DraconisMarch said:
razisgosu said:

DraconisMarch said:

This is anime if you expect everything to be like real life you'll never enjoy it. Sounds like you need a new hobby and maybe mellow out some.
Mar 12, 2012 12:34 PM

Feb 2012
DraconisMarch said:
razisgosu said:

DraconisMarch said:

This is anime if you expect everything to be like real life you'll never enjoy it. Sounds like you need a new hobby and maybe mellow out some.

Now, what dragonismarch said about nisihijima is obviously not true, but your response....wow. Just wow. Wtf did you just say again?
That it's normal for anime characters to have selfcontradicting retarded personalities?
Go kill yourself, idiot.
Mar 12, 2012 12:35 PM

Oct 2010
DraconisMarch said:
Stark700 said:
Elfen Lied style
The bad guys just stand there retardedly and let a girl with a katana cut them down and don't shoot her even though they have a gun in their hand? Must be a shit anime.
No it'c cause you forgot Yuno is SPECIAL she can mind control. The guys could not do shit. I am sure Yuno has some special powers just from the fact of what Aki found out can plausible to assume Yuno is special. Enough to assume those guys were paralyzed by her.

Assumptions might be the motherfuckers of all sometimes but in this case they seem to fuel up something quite possible.

- BLOG - My Club- Easiest way to reach the rest of my thoughts!
Mar 12, 2012 12:40 PM

Feb 2012
Yumekichi11 said:
DraconisMarch said:
Stark700 said:
Elfen Lied style
The bad guys just stand there retardedly and let a girl with a katana cut them down and don't shoot her even though they have a gun in their hand? Must be a shit anime.
No it'c cause you forgot Yuno is SPECIAL she can mind control. The guys could not do shit. I am sure Yuno has some special powers just from the fact of what Aki found out can plausible to assume Yuno is special. Enough to assume those guys were paralyzed by her.

Assumptions might be the motherfuckers of all sometimes but in this case they seem to fuel up something quite possible.

Fear not the simple answer
it was just a fail slowmotion
Mar 12, 2012 12:41 PM

Feb 2010
Yuno was awesome.
Mar 12, 2012 12:52 PM

Aug 2009
DAMNIT! THE BEST CHARACTER DIED! T_______T
Mar 12, 2012 12:54 PM

Mar 2008
nathanr said:
DraconisMarch said:
razisgosu said:

DraconisMarch said:

Now, what dragonismarch said about nisihijima is obviously not true, but your response....wow. Just wow. Wtf did you just say again?
That it's normal for anime characters to have selfcontradicting retarded personalities?
Go kill yourself, idiot.

Why so mad idiot lol. Qq some more bro.

My response was in regards to all the complaints about what the characters did like guns in Japan and the size of 8ths head.
Mar 12, 2012 12:54 PM

Oct 2010
R.I.P Minene ;_;
Mar 12, 2012 12:56 PM

Mar 2011
I AM UPSET! Minene is probably the most strong-minded brave diary owner in this whole game and no way she didn't deserve to die. That's why I love her so much and her death was so sad. The ring when she blew herself up omg, and little Minene is so cute. I still can't take this episode in.

Next episode is going to send my head spinning (ok bad joke but those people will know what I mean)
As it turns out, living was a punishment...
Mar 12, 2012 12:59 PM

Feb 2012
no, that
razisgosu said:
nathanr said:
DraconisMarch said:
razisgosu said:

DraconisMarch said:

Go kill yourself, idiot.

Why so mad idiot lol. Qq some more bro.

My response was in regards to all the complaints about what the characters did like guns in Japan and the size of 8ths head.

I'm mad because what you said is insulting for all of anime
no reason justifies believing bullshit like that
Mar 12, 2012 1:11 PM

Mar 2008
Actually I did no such thing, but if you want to interpret it that way okay. It is perfectly acceptable for characters in anime to defy logic. 8ths head and guns in Japan are fine examples.
Mar 12, 2012 1:13 PM

Feb 2012
Lulexiaa said:
DAMNIT! THE BEST CHARACTER DIED! T_______T
Wha-? Gasai didn't die.
Before enlightenment - chop wood, carry water. After enlightenment - chop wood, carry water.
Mar 12, 2012 1:42 PM

Dec 2011
I'm starting to wonder about the outro sequence in relation to the ending.

Good episode. It's going to be difficult to rate Mirai Nikki...so many stupid things next to awesomeness.
Mar 12, 2012 2:08 PM

Feb 2010
good shit, fucken love Yuno. She just get straight to the killing.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 12, 2012 3:05 PM

Dec 2009
I still HATE that Yuki wants his dad back. That fucking asshole should stay fucking dead.

NOOOOO Minene!!!! ; _ ; Her death was really emotional IMO. I almost cried.

Holy shit everthing's becoming epic again. But Yuki still piss me off.

5/5

Sent with Mal Updater
Mar 12, 2012 3:39 PM
Mar 2012
Near the end why did Yuno say Yukki still had to kill Eighth, eleventh, ninth, and herself. I thought Eight and Yuno were the last ones? Or did I miss something?
Mar 12, 2012 4:11 PM

Dec 2011
HOLY!

I feel so sad Ninth dying. This isn't the death I was expecting of her... I was expecting more of her scream of desperation. But this has to happen. And 11th suffered the same death as 10th. They are both oldies anyway... more coward than Yukiteru.

I am guessing that our "Yuno" right now is a real Yuno, but she came from another time and killed the present Yuno. She must be the God Of Time that time in order to travel to the present we know. That is my reasoning that she opened the door.

Now, those black holes was so surprising! We are now seeing the end of the world. I am pretty sure that Akise will play a role here. I wonder what would Eighth do now? MORE MORE MORE! We need more Mirai Nikki!!!! This is the best!
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 12, 2012 4:42 PM

Nov 2009
razisgosu said:

Love is blind.

Mar 12, 2012 5:38 PM

Mar 2010
DraconisMarch said:

Indeed. The Anime severely messed up the series by cutting out scenes and adding in unnecessary ones, such as about 80% of the Filler Scenes Yuno was in.

Though...most of these questions can be answered by Simple Deduction, and reading the Manga. But I believe you were referring to the Manga.

DraconisMarch said:

Honestly, I don't give a flying fuck about romance in virtually, any Manga. But this is completely false.
SonicJetWaveMar 12, 2012 5:42 PM
Mar 12, 2012 5:43 PM

Oct 2010
so, wait what is actually happening, i bet Deus was lieing about things being able to return to normal
Mar 12, 2012 6:35 PM

Mar 2009
No one cares about Akise potentially becoming a diary holder ?
Mar 12, 2012 8:04 PM

May 2011
hell ya. still love yuno, she is awesome :D
so Deus is dying earlier than expected, things r heating up!
Mar 12, 2012 8:10 PM

Jan 2009
phoenix1328 said:
Near the end why did Yuno say Yukki still had to kill Eighth, eleventh, ninth, and herself. I thought Eight and Yuno were the last ones? Or did I miss something?

Yeah.. I'm kind of wondering that myself. I'm guessing a mistranslation? (Don't know since I don't speak Japanese.. I can't really go back and listen).

But it is weird dialogue since it was spoken after we saw Ninth and Eleventh die.
"I don't want to live the dream because dreams always end when they get to the good part." - Sebastian Carmichael, A.R. Dragonfly
Mar 12, 2012 8:11 PM

Jun 2011
God, that week delay nearly killed me. I thought the episode could've been done a little better, but it was still pretty good.

Mar 12, 2012 8:44 PM

May 2011
Shame we had a break

Still coming out with good content
I only remember bits of the manga but if it ends in some BS world reset gonna rage
Mar 12, 2012 10:42 PM

Mar 2009
phoenix1328 said:
systemkrash said:
Yeah.. I'm kind of wondering that myself. I'm guessing a mistranslation? (Don't know since I don't speak Japanese.. I can't really go back and listen).

But it is weird dialogue since it was spoken after we saw Ninth and Eleventh die.

As I said back on page 3:
Shoujo_Q said:
Upon listening to that line a few times (I'm a translator), I get the impression one could also translate it this way:
"You kill Ninth, then Eleventh, then Eighth and then me"

ie. she's listing the order of kills leading up to Yukiteru's victory in the game, regardless of where in that process Yukiteru actually is.
So I'm going to say it's a slight translation error.

(PS: Haven't read the manga, so that translation opinion may be subject to change in coming episodes.)
Mar 12, 2012 11:39 PM
Jul 2010
Yumekichi11 said:
Minene passed away proudly trying to get rid of 11th even at the cost of her life and finally sufferings.
Silly Minene... I find it very odd that she didn't know that her bomb wouldn't even scratch the door.

heiismyhusbando said:
Akise was 8th's guard in the manga too.
Akise hat was removed by Yuno, then in the next scene it is back on his head. What is it with Akise and his reappearing clothes?

heiismyhusbando said:
Big minus for skipping the whole thing with 11th's secretary, it was one of Yukiteru's few moments of awesomeness.
Not only was it a moment of awesomeness, it was actually one of the more interesting things they did with their diaries in the manga.

heiismyhusbando said:
I was very curious as to how they'd animate the black holes and I'm not impressed. It was a spectacular thing in the manga and here they're just black blobs.
They actually looked like black blobs in the manga as well. If you pat attention you will notice that these blobs look just like the orb that Deus can surround himself with. This was the same case in the manga.

heiismyhusbando said:
Next episode besides Akise being badass
Akise wasn't being badass at all. but we can discuss that when the actual episodes has aired.

Yumekichi11 said:
Stark700 said:
DraconisMarch said:
wtf

LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL

Elfen Lied style
It just looks bad cause it's censored with black shit.
What was the deal with the censoring in this episode? They censored parts of the image where nothing gory happened but they kept the parts where the gore was?

Ungirl said:
- Yuno's Moe face at 11th was a little inappropriate XD I expected a more blank-Yandere look. Now it just looked like she loved him.
Nah, she sports the exact same look in the manga. Only in the manga it is revealed that this particular look is actually one of playfulness. The way she kills 11th in the manga is more fitting for that look though.

Yuno's yandere type is one of cuteness. Unlike other yandere I have seen that moe look she has is actually used when to show her at her scariest.

Jacut said:
Really great episode, probably the best in the series. Direction was still average but at least the pacing was better.
Oh hell no, the pacing was horrible -- worse than in any other episode of this show so far.

razisgosu said:
I don't understand why the fuck people even care about the "romance" between Nishijima and Minene when he blatantly stated that he only wanted her body.
Not exactly. Rather, he is being honest that he wants to have sex with her. He wants to have sex with her and date her, but she has been rejecting him constantly so in his mind he seems to figure that if he marry her then she will be obliged to be with him. So it is more about claiming her I guess. Still, I guess from a western viewpoint that wouldn't be very romantic.

SonicJetWave said:
The Anime severely messed up the series by cutting out scenes and adding in unnecessary ones, such as about 80% of the Filler Scenes Yuno was in.
No "unnecessary" fillers scenes staring Yuno were added (except maybe for the one where she was shown digging a hole) The rest are all in the manga and they are there to develop the relationship between Yuno and Yukki. All the other characters (save for maybe Akise and Minene) are just background characters and don't really serve any other purpose than being a comic relief, plot device or just "the opponent of the week". This show isn't about the battle between the diary holders but rather about the love Yuno has for Yukki and he has for her. If you remember this then the show makes a lot more sense.
Mar 13, 2012 12:42 AM

Jan 2012
DraconisMarch said:

Lol. Did you miss the part when he said he wanted to have children with her? If he just wanted to fuck her, he wouldn't have to marry her, and two he wouldn't want kids.
Mar 13, 2012 3:26 AM

Oct 2011
oh, the sorrow - so sad that minene has been killed - definitely one of my favorite characters - seeing where she came from made it all the more poignant - the mystery of who the real yuno is a whole other can of worms.......where will it all lead??? genius!!!
Mar 13, 2012 4:37 AM

Oct 2010
Yavie said:
Yumekichi11 said:
Minene passed away proudly trying to get rid of 11th even at the cost of her life and finally sufferings.
Silly Minene... I find it very odd that she didn't know that her bomb wouldn't even scratch the door.
She did not know at all. She though her bombs could always blow anything away. Guess not this time.
Yavie said:
Yumekichi11 said:
Stark700 said:
DraconisMarch said:
wtf

LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL

Elfen Lied style
It just looks bad cause it's censored with black shit.
What was the deal with the censoring in this episode? They censored parts of the image where nothing gory happened but they kept the parts where the gore was?
Marketing strategy by giving you parts they make you wanna get the BDs to find out how all the part shall be.

- BLOG - My Club- Easiest way to reach the rest of my thoughts!
Mar 13, 2012 5:22 AM

Apr 2011
Woah this is getting pretty good IMO. Looking forward to next weeks episode.

And I ended up crying when Ninth died, I kinda liked her.

Also - I wonder who Yuno really is and when the real Yuno actually died. Hope we find out.
~Miss_Jazzalyn~
Mar 13, 2012 6:40 AM

Jul 2009
I didn't find Minene's death emotional at all?
I actually liked her and found it a waste aswell as highly predictable - same opinion on Marco and Ai - obviously; they weren't sticking around, even if they were better quality charcters; more realistic, more likable, intyeresting journey's, highly determent and easier to empathyse with then the mains, problem with this series is - it's a game of death and we have mains.

Forgot to add - how did Minene grow a new eye? :P
Why in the world would the older guy (who's name and number I have forgotten) put up such heavy security yet not prepare for an intrusive attack?
Gleam_QueenMar 13, 2012 7:18 AM

Mar 13, 2012 8:30 AM

Mar 2009
Queen_Stars said:

It's her glass eye that she got many episodes ago.
Mar 13, 2012 9:37 AM

Sep 2011
The one week hiatus apparently worked well for the staff for this episode - it was so much, much better than 19 or 20. 4/5
Mar 13, 2012 11:58 AM

Mar 2012
That moment when your favourite character dies and you feel so sad, Minene ;___;
Kaito_DragneelMar 13, 2012 12:09 PM

My friend code: 0688 - 6300 - 6898
Mar 13, 2012 12:29 PM
Mar 2009
It is the end of the world, Future Diary style!

I think them missing scene with 11th and 1st trying to get into the vault will be on the BD directors' cut but also hopefully in a future movie... just as they were side-story manga, I don't think they will stop at just the anime series... at least one anime movie or mini-series should also come of it. XD
Mar 13, 2012 12:52 PM

Jul 2009
Shoujo_Q said:
Queen_Stars said:

It's her glass eye that she got many episodes ago.

Thanks - my attention dips at times. ;)

Mar 13, 2012 1:11 PM

Feb 2012
Queen_Stars said:

Why in the world would the older guy (who's name and number I have forgotten) put up such heavy security yet not prepare for an intrusive attack?

That was his downfall. Too much confidence in his own security, but can't fight worth shit.
Mar 13, 2012 1:15 PM

Jul 2009
Flawfinder said:
Queen_Stars said:

That was his downfall. Too much confidence in his own security, but can't fight worth shit.

I know that was his downfall, but it was convenient too IMO - concidereing the game he's in, let alone his status.

Mar 13, 2012 5:54 PM

Feb 2012
Queen_Stars said:
Flawfinder said:
Queen_Stars said:

I know that was his downfall, but it was convenient too IMO - concidereing the game he's in, let alone his status.

Considering the amount of cheats the guy had with inventing the game and having the most powerful diary, I think it would have been more convenient (or cheap) if prepared for Yuno's attack.
Mar 13, 2012 7:44 PM

Nov 2011
This was one of the best episodes yet. The bgm for Ninth's death was beautiful, and the action was intense. I AM wondering what's gonna happen in the next 5 episodes, because it seems like we're nearly done with the show right right now.
Mar 13, 2012 9:55 PM
Jul 2010
Yumekichi11 said:
Yavie said:
She did not know at all. She though her bombs could always blow anything away. Guess not this time.
So you're saying she is incompetent? Maybe her only skill really is just escaping?

Yumekichi11 said:
Marketing strategy by giving you parts they make you wanna get the BDs to find out how all the part shall be.
I was under the impression that they censor because certain regions in Japan has stricter regulations. But maybe you are right? Maybe in this case they are using this as a fad to get people to buy the BD release?

Queen_Stars said:
I didn't find Minene's death emotional at all?
Me neither. It was better done in the manga though.

mrghost_00 said:
The one week hiatus apparently worked well for the staff for this episode - it was so much, much better than 19 or 20. 4/5
No, it was worse than 20 (which was a really badly paced episodes) but 19? That episode was actually good!
Pages (6) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» Animes like Mirai Nikki?

Rovy62815 - Apr 22

23 by xXGoreGrinderXx »»
Apr 24, 12:09 AM

Poll: » Mirai Nikki (TV) Episode 19 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Yumekichi11 - Feb 19, 2012

305 by Salty_Cookie »»
Apr 21, 5:23 AM

Poll: » Mirai Nikki Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Yumekichi11 - Oct 16, 2011

364 by Konyalianimekizi »»
Apr 20, 1:50 PM

Poll: » Mirai Nikki (TV) Episode 18 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Yumekichi11 - Feb 12, 2012

259 by Salty_Cookie »»
Apr 20, 6:27 AM

Poll: » Mirai Nikki (TV) Episode 17 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Yumekichi11 - Feb 5, 2012

326 by Salty_Cookie »»
Apr 19, 8:35 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.