Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 9, 2012 10:21 AM

Nov 2007
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Showing Millia's sister when she got the power, and eye patched guy approached to ask for cooperation. Sad over Millia's sister's death.

Those two guardians of previous queen feeling sorry for it, but still going to fight for their promise.

Little queen wants to know about what happened, but the lady doesn't want her to know. Eye patched guy came to retrieve that little queen. Cool way of getting her and defeating the lady, though.

Confusion everywhere, and Dio vs. one of that guardians. Dio somehow won.

So... everyone still has the wish to follow the previous queen's ideal.

Fam realizing that she's been pushing her wishes on everyone without thinking their feelings. Millia saying that Grand Race = reaching to Peace, so she doesn't want Fam to leave.

Sara, the little queen was brought to a place to summon Last Exile... So Sara WAS Last Exile?? It was released.

The ED makes me feel like it ended (but it still has 2 ep.) and it's instrumental: "Grand Exile"
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Mar 10, 2012 1:56 AM
Feb 2012
Wow, the raw providers really trolled us with the audio replacement.

What I gathered from the mute raw was guild Hitler's plan sees to succeed by him gaining control of the war exile.

Seemed to several interesting conversations(can't wait for sub)

Next episode seems like preparations for an all out assault on the exile
Mar 10, 2012 6:04 AM

Jun 2009
ninjaDC said:
Wow, the raw providers really trolled us with the audio replacement.

This.....O.o
The spring I met you,

The spring without you.
Mar 10, 2012 6:07 AM
Feb 2012
Nothing really interesting. Except the final official confirmation that Ades is supported by the Guild and that the REAL Sara's title is not Augusta, but Maestro, her being the Key to the Grand Exile. And Dio killing Alauda in a much more restrained fashion than in the Op. ;)
Mar 12, 2012 1:02 PM

Jun 2009
wow luskinia is such a shenanigan <_<
and fam's face looked really silly in couple of shots O.o
what ever...I'm just glad this show is ending >_>
The spring I met you,

The spring without you.
Mar 13, 2012 4:16 AM

Sep 2009
Hm... Next ep. title excites me. Does our "good' guys plan to use couple of Exiles opposite Luscinia?
Mar 13, 2012 1:00 PM
Apr 2010
LAZERSSSSS!!!!!! LAZERS!!!!!!!
Mar 14, 2012 6:52 AM

Oct 2011
Woah. This episode! O.o Probably one of my favorite of the season. I didn't want it to end. I'm really sad Vasant died though, she was pretty cool. I was swearing at Luscinia the whole episode. >.> He is such a bastard. And wow DAT GRAND EXILE!! Probably my favorite exile now, it looks amazing and that beam was crazy.

Dio's fight was aaaamazing as usual. I squee every time I see his adorable face. xP He killed Alauda much faster then I thought he would. I thought Alauda was suppose to be really strong. Meh everything's good, one less bastard to deal with.
Mar 14, 2012 3:42 PM

Oct 2007
Grand Exile vs Last Exile?

More please!

"A Legend is but a tale of a beautiful lie."
Mar 14, 2012 11:26 PM

Dec 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Well it was supposed to be only 21 episodes long but at the end of the episode there's this screen that says "See you on next flight... Triple Rook" and it also wasn't really finished. I guess that's good, I really liked this last episode although some drawings are pretty badly-drawn and stuff like that.
Mar 15, 2012 6:13 PM
めんどくさい

Sep 2011
I liked it, but I have complaints. Again we've been left seeing the Silvius being attacked by Guild Super-Soldiers only to cut away to other scenes. We never saw how they survived the previous attack, and I'm going to guess we'll never learn how they get out of this one. Also, Luscinia seemed to be able to cover a LOT of ground in a very short period of time when he took Sara up to activate the Grand Exile.
Mar 15, 2012 8:59 PM

Feb 2010
Episode 21 didn't even air yet.
Mar 16, 2012 4:18 AM

Dec 2008
that was an impressive OST at the end °o°
Quite a hard scene at the end when the Exile only missed two ships of the fleet, Luscinia is crazy
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 31, 2012 1:46 PM

Jun 2008
Wow! Epic laser beam. But didn't he kill his own allies too. He just shot everyone except the old guy that was in a different altitude. The guy with the beard was on his side and he seems to be the one that died.
Sad to see Vasant die like that too. She was a good woman.

So Augusta is a Maestro and also has the key for that Grand Exile ship. Poor child getting used by everyone like that. So let's see what Luscinia plans to do with that ship now.
Could we see Millia call her Exile and Al call Last Exile to fight that Grand Exile ship? Seeing that super dubber lazer beam they would probably need to go two against one to win over that thing.

P.S Wow! is this all the people left watching Last Exile? Kind of sad cause it's better than many other shows that get a lot more comments. Hell Guilty Grown gets a tone of pages and it ain't more interesting or with a better story. I guess the second season thing and the complexity of the story has something to do with it.
Apr 10, 2012 1:32 AM

Apr 2009
Ohhh I was late for the party! T_T

At this point I no longer cared about Fam or the other two girls, I just wanted to see the battle commence. XP

Did Luscinia just broke Vasant's neck with that chop? Some Guild assassins really have the skills! So it seems Ades or the leadership anyway, is the Guild on Earth after all. I wonder how big the Grand Exile is anyway, I mean compared to the Other Exiles or the Last Exile. And where the hell is Luscinia aiming that thing anyway? I think he just killed one of his admiral along with his own fleet. O_o
You see there's no need to wonder where your god is,
Coz he's right here! ...and he's fresh out of mercy.
Apr 17, 2012 6:07 PM

Jan 2011
So, Commie finally released it some days ago, but i didn't want to switch subs in the middle and had other stuff to watch, too.

I expected more comments, being this late to the party though..

I was surprised that Dio finished it that fast, but more becaus we do not see them fight much, then Dio having trouble. Remember that Dio survived the trial or Agoon, and would have become the next Maestro.

About Vasant: I wondered why Luscinia did not just kill her, instead of going through the trouble to knock her out, but thought he might restrain himself because of Sārā, but seems that while he did restrain himself from stabbing her and spilling her blood in front of Sārā, he still killed her..

And that Grand Exile thing..i wasn't sure if he fired a giant laser beam or if that was the thrusters, according to the wiki it was the thrusters abused as giant laser beam..so both? It wasn't surprising to see him obliterate his fleet, he never showed much love for other people.

Even Sārā, i mean, with Vasant, he killed one of the persons most important to her, maybe even more then he himself, put her to sleep, abducted her, flew all the way to Glacies, put her on that platform and spoke the verses to activate the power. He didn't ask for her agreement, he didn't explain anything, he said nothing at all expect the verses.

Besides this, annhilating the fleets means it's more difficult to wage war. It's like demobilization, only faster. For someone like him, no longer bound by law or moral, whether he truly abandond it or is simply ignoring it for the "greater good", as he can not see a way to achieve peace by any other mean, this certainly is a quite efficent way.

Especially as it takes care of the soldiers too. None of them will miss fighting or want to start a war, no one will get hired as mercenary or join another countries army. No new jobs are needed to keep them off the streets/bars, no money to be paid..all the problems that arrive from having an army no one needs or wants any more, simple gone. And he eased the general overpopulation problem (which we still haven't seen any evidence of), too.

I wonder how they are gonna turn that around. Maybe Sārā is going to stop him, he is doing this for her/her mother after all. Would make an interesting end, if done right.

Hope they don't take weeks to release the last two episodes, too, or i'll really have to switch, which is kinda silly..
Jun 13, 2012 9:46 AM

May 2010
Now we're talking! Good episode, I especially liked them cutting to the credits on that epic music. I'm ready for an epic battle between the Exiles now.
“Money can't buy dere”
Aug 23, 2012 12:57 PM

Jun 2011
Well, that was stupid. The OP advertised the Dio vs. Alauda battle to be some epic lightsaber duel out on the deck of a ship, and what we got was a 2-minute segment with a terrible ending (though I found the mention of Lucciola to be kinda sad).
[An incredibly creative signature]
Dec 8, 2013 4:26 PM

May 2012
Oh boy that development things sure are going to get good in the coming next episode, the buildup towards the end is getting real good!
Feb 2, 2014 11:39 PM

Aug 2013
I thought Exiles are automated and solely exists to transport people from Earth to Prester and back again? And what Sara is the Maestro and the key to that Grand Exile? I guess Delphine got shorted, she didn't even get her own Exile.

That laser beam thingy was awesome but this writing is really just...ugh.
xcheeFeb 3, 2014 1:00 AM
"May those who accept their fate be granted happiness."

"May those who defy their fate be granted glory."
Dec 31, 2014 6:09 AM

Nov 2011
Episode pleasant, the Character Design by R. Murata is too good even if the quality of the designs is not constant but rather fluctuating, what a pity!
Narrative that sees action in the front row, but it is exhilarating to 100%.
Plot interesting, I hope that the final battle is epic.
Good soundtrack, as it has the same ending.
Jun 28, 2016 10:15 PM

Dec 2015
I find it hilarious how they put Dian behind bars for shooting a war criminal and mass murderer but they didn't even care to lock up Lusciana and Lilliana for mass murder. Im sorry but this show has gotten stupider by the episode. It is definitely not what the first season was that's for sure :/.
Apr 7, 2017 6:38 AM
Aug 2014
Are people really mourning the loss of a mass murder? That's a new one. Or are they mournful that the truce was about to end, but surely everyone could see that it would not last; there was a genocidal maniac on the other side afterall.

Bit strange that the biggest exile never left the planet it was built to escape from.
Jul 30, 2021 7:17 AM

Aug 2017
What new things did Milia learn about/from Liliana? She knew she "bore the burden" of being the key to the Exile. Maybe just the "she actually convinced herself that she was doing the right thing" thing.

Not sure about that but various pocket watches shown throughout the series had varying amounts of Exiles depicted on them. Maybe I'm misremembering, and it's not really important anyway.

Now that I think about it, could the computer systems of Gracies have come from the Guild? They seem to have similar interfaces.

Sadri carefully chose to stay in the back so that only the other 2 fleets get obliterated lol.

Also, Luscinia seemed to be able to cover a LOT of ground in a very short period of time when he took Sara up to activate the Grand Exile.

He did have rocket boosters (?), though.

I find it hilarious how they put Dian behind bars for shooting a war criminal and mass murderer but they didn't even care to lock up Lusciana and Lilliana for mass murder. Im sorry but this show has gotten stupider by the episode. It is definitely not what the first season was that's for sure :/.

Because Diana was acting on her own accord and was incarcerated by, presumably, Luscinia with the silent approval of the alliance who still held to the bleak chance of saving the truce? It's so obvious lol. And I wonder who was supposed to lock up Luscinia, and how.

I guess the amount of angry reactions to Luscinia and Liliana (especially) means that they fulfilled their purpose as antagonists (I dislike them too, obviously). Milia is conflicted because they grew up together as sisters, it's somewhat believable.
St0rmbladeJul 30, 2021 7:31 AM
Jan 1, 2022 4:30 AM
Jun 2020
Oh, goddam the birdbrain Fam Fan Fan Fan Fan Fan Fan Fan finally make sense and had tiny character development, great BGM as always.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Last Exile: Ginyoku no Fam Episode 2 Discussion

stevewiess01 - Oct 21, 2011

47 by -Dark_Flame- »»
Dec 30, 2023 2:59 PM

Poll: » Last Exile: Ginyoku no Fam Episode 21 Discussion ( 1 2 )

tsubasalover - Mar 23, 2012

78 by K-cong »»
Oct 1, 2023 11:55 PM

Poll: » Last Exile: Ginyoku no Fam Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Shih - Oct 14, 2011

87 by Suricatta413 »»
Jun 25, 2023 4:51 PM

Poll: » Last Exile: Ginyoku no Fam Episode 15 Discussion

Shih - Feb 3, 2012

26 by Dawizz »»
Mar 9, 2023 12:49 AM

Poll: » Last Exile: Ginyoku no Fam Episode 14 Discussion

tsubasalover - Jan 27, 2012

22 by Dawizz »»
Mar 9, 2023 12:32 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.