Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Feb 22, 2012 4:47 AM
Jan 2010
THIS IS A MANGA ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS ANYTHING BEYOND THIS CHAPTER.
----------------------------------------
WOW... Is that really Aizen?

And someone declares war on Gotei? (lol everyone hates Gotei)

I am sure it has something to do with that group higher than gotei captains (the ones protecting spirit god)

I have a feeling Aizen will be on the good side this time? Or somewhere in between, but not completely evil again, that ship has sailed

Looks like this is gonna be epic
ephemeralNowFeb 22, 2012 4:52 AM
Feb 22, 2012 4:56 AM

Aug 2010
what you mean whos Aizen? wasnt that the quinchy? the misstaken for arancar
Hey,Nana, do you remember our first encounter?

nee 、 nana ha 、 watashi tachi no saisho no deai oboe te?

ちょっと、ナナ、最初の出会いを覚えてますか?
Feb 22, 2012 5:04 AM

Jun 2010
^ I think so too. Isnt that a quincy? NO Aizen..
Feb 22, 2012 5:05 AM
Jan 2010
UltimatePleasure said:
what you mean whos Aizen? wasnt that the quinchy? the misstaken for arancar

Feb 22, 2012 5:14 AM

Jan 2009
nah that is a fullbring power dudes its not Aizen that is being pointed out there but the fullbring power

Dec 2009
I pretty much doubt that's Aizen, it must be a quincy. Anyways, Aizen wouldn't act like that.

Jan 2010

he meant the necklace or something like that he had resembled the one that ISHIDA had
which is a Quincy symbol
Feb 22, 2012 5:37 AM

Apr 2009

new enemies..
Feb 22, 2012 5:45 AM

May 2010
Weirdos at the end want to start a war....intresting.

Ichigo was quite funny this chp. XD

'And he's actually following me.' Lol

Looking fareard to next week.

Tho the chp seemed a bit lacking...

Whats going on in the SS?
People going missing? O.o
"Wait for the signal, and I'll meet you after dark"
Feb 22, 2012 5:55 AM

Feb 2011
Only thing that caught my interest was the missing citizens mystery. Bleach actually has potential to come up with something unexpected? (I mean the cool kind of unexpected, no the usual half assed bs...)
Feb 22, 2012 6:01 AM

Aug 2010
Eternal_Shield said:

he meant the necklace or something like that he had resembled the one that ISHIDA had
which is a Quincy symbol

Exactly
Hey,Nana, do you remember our first encounter?

nee 、 nana ha 、 watashi tachi no saisho no deai oboe te?

ちょっと、ナナ、最初の出会いを覚えてますか?
Feb 22, 2012 6:06 AM

Jun 2009
so we got are self a qunicy with a broken hollow mask this could be fun
Feb 22, 2012 6:12 AM

Feb 2008
Loved how Orihime subsequently opened the door while Ichigo kicked that Arrancar (NOT)/ Quincy (YEAH) dude. That's teamwork! =)

There were a quite laughs in this chapter.
*bread* hehe..

*tsundere*?!-arrancar?/quincy??/masked??? dude. lol

I, also liked the mood now in Rukon Dstrict. The MYSTERY lurks in the footprints: bare-foot and sandals.

What the heck are those "men", declaring war to the Captain-Commander???

BLEACH HYPE! ANTICIPATION 100% for the next chapter. :DDD
Feb 22, 2012 6:14 AM

Apr 2010
Ahahaha, oh man Yumichika's new hairstyle. I can't believe Kubo gave him a braid. He even took off his eye-feathers!
(◕ᴥ◕し)
Hello! Did you know? Barnacles have the largest penis to body size ratio of the animal kingdom.
Feb 22, 2012 6:16 AM

Oct 2011
Finished this chapter in ~30 seconds

The last 3 chapters could've literally been 3 panels. No...not could've...SHOULD'VE.

Wow..a quincy, something unexpected to discuss for the rest of the week.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Feb 22, 2012 6:19 AM

Dec 2010
Looks like we are getting somewhere, i know people tend to dislike Bleach (for good reasons, it tends to drag; no backgrounds, etc) but for build up its doing ok so far; i mean they aren't gonna reveal everything in three chapters, at least now they are declaring "war" so we can anticipate some fights with the Quincy? next week. Still though, while he may have lost an arm i don't see those random group of potential Quincy leaving that room in one piece, perhaps pieces but... if they start putting Quincy on par with Yamamoto they better give some kind of reason.
Feb 22, 2012 6:25 AM

Mar 2011
So in much the way Ichigo is a human/hollow hybrid, so is this guy.

Except he's a quincy rather tahn a shinigami.

And it appears the quicncy have been hiding their forces from the Gotei 13 and now want to fight them, or campaign for equal rights or something...
Feb 22, 2012 6:57 AM

Apr 2008
For a quincy to have a partial hollow mask on his face...if Kubo is pulling a quincy/hollow hybrid like the Arrancar, I quit Bleach here and now. That would be the most boring, uncreative and cheap thing he could pull off. Who knows...
Feb 22, 2012 7:22 AM
Jan 2012
Sir_Inqed said:
For a quincy to have a partial hollow mask on his face...if Kubo is pulling a quincy/hollow hybrid like the Arrancar, I quit Bleach here and now. That would be the most boring, uncreative and cheap thing he could pull off. Who knows...

Lol we should expect that to happen
Feb 22, 2012 7:29 AM

Sep 2007
Sir_Inqed said:

Would you rather he bring in another new "original" enemy concept to make even more plotholes?
Feb 22, 2012 7:31 AM

Jun 2009
Sir_Inqed said:
For a quincy to have a partial hollow mask on his face...if Kubo is pulling a quincy/hollow hybrid like the Arrancar,

Maybe??
Feb 22, 2012 7:33 AM

Nov 2009
I swear, if Kubo really intends to end bleach with a war on soul society arc...I'm dropping this manga until its finished.

I'd rather watch read One Piece over and over again than read whatever this is.
Feb 22, 2012 7:34 AM
Sep 2007
oomgz quincy/hollow whatever, bah I really should just drop this now and start reading this again in 10 years, cause that's when this arc is going to end.
Hi
Feb 22, 2012 7:36 AM

Dec 2011
Quincy, huh? I wonder, how Kubo's going to explain that.

Hm. Quincy're fullbringers, right? And we saw that a fullbringer has a hollow inside. So...?

Wait. Shinigami + hollow + fullbringer = Ichigo? Oh, sh~
Feb 22, 2012 7:36 AM

Jan 2008
Worst cliffhanger ever... like ending it in the middle of a sentence.

But the way Orihime opened up the window as if she was prepared for the intruder to come flying was awesome, nice detail.

And I said it last time, no zanpakatou... probably not an arrancar. I wonder how insulted a Quincy would feel to be mistaken for an arrancar...
hungry_bunnyFeb 22, 2012 8:07 AM

Feb 22, 2012 7:41 AM

Nov 2009
I'm not sure how there can be any organization stronger than the soul society, ESPECIALLY after the time skip. Whoever waged war on them should be ready for the ass-kicking of a lifetime. Soon as I see my favorite characters Bankai (Kyoraku), I'm drop-kicking this manga until it ends.
Feb 22, 2012 7:55 AM

Apr 2008
Wasabi said:
Sir_Inqed said:

Would you rather he bring in another new "original" enemy concept to make even more plotholes?

That has absolutely nothing to do with what I stated. If it were the case of what I said, a quincy/hollow hybrid, I simply called that boring and uncreative.
Feb 22, 2012 8:02 AM

Feb 2010
Eternal_Shield said:

which is a Quincy symbol

Or Kuugo's(FB boss).
I don't think that Ivan is in group with this guys.
ps. Isn't it hard to enter this part of Soul Society?

Oh, Joke about bread is very funny.
Feb 22, 2012 8:23 AM

May 2009
Meh, another chapter where it seems like we're going somewhere but then ends abruptly before we can have a clear image of the plot. And what's supposed to be Ivan? An hollow/quincy hybrid? Another group of Quincies that nobody knew that they existed until now? So much for the Ishida family being the last Quincy alive...

Also, look at this glorious piece of art made by Kubo:
Arashi89Feb 22, 2012 8:28 AM
Feb 22, 2012 8:34 AM

Oct 2007
Consumed said:
I'm not sure how there can be any organization stronger than the soul society, ESPECIALLY after the time skip. Whoever waged war on them should be ready for the ass-kicking of a lifetime. Soon as I see my favorite characters Bankai (Kyoraku), I'm drop-kicking this manga until it ends.

well you know where the door is, go out, walk away already, stop mentioning that you quit, just fucking quit already and stop spamming and crying about your quiting

we just don't fucking care about you
thanks
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Feb 22, 2012 8:35 AM

Jan 2008
Arashi89 said:
*pic of Bleach's newest "mini-army"*
I wish I could get paid millions for drawing the same character seven times with a few scrabbled lines. It makes you feel like everyone can do it even without any realy ability.
But Kubo is all about the Stylish lines, the back-attacks, the foot-pics and the wrongly placed cliff hangers... it's how he roll. Without that, Bleach wouldn't be Bleach.

I actually thought that the image had a nice impact at first, but that was only because I first mistook them for the Soul King's Zero Squad. After the dissapointing realization that they had similar clothes to Ivan I instead started thinking:

One for Ichigo, one for Chad, one for Ishida, one for...

Feb 22, 2012 8:36 AM

Oct 2007
Arashi89 said:
Also, look at this glorious piece of art made by Kubo:

He clearly knows how to sell a cheap image like that, an ability which you do not have, reason why you complain about the image.
Feb 22, 2012 8:40 AM
Jan 2012
Here's my theory:

Ishida or Ryuuken are NOT real Quincy, they are merely human with spiritual awareness that have learned some Quincy techniques or something. The real quincies could be something like "original" breed of spiritual aware beings - beings from which both Shinigamis and Fullbringers stem (as well as the shinigami/hollow crossovers)

This would explain why the dude uses fullbring and has hollow mask at the same time.

I think the five pointed star is a symbol of something important that might answer how the Bleach universe works and how all the "races" are tied together.
Feb 22, 2012 9:45 AM

Jul 2007
gbanshee said:
Here's my theory:

Ishida or Ryuuken are NOT real Quincy, they are merely human with spiritual awareness that have learned some Quincy techniques or something. The real quincies could be something like "original" breed of spiritual aware beings - beings from which both Shinigamis and Fullbringers stem (as well as the shinigami/hollow crossovers)

This would explain why the dude uses fullbring and has hollow mask at the same time.

I think the five pointed star is a symbol of something important that might answer how the Bleach universe works and how all the "races" are tied together.

That IS correct.

Quincy is a teaching that "quincies" got from a "race of magic hunters".

SO I bet the new enemies are royal guards.

Sir_Inqed said:

Or, by a chapter name, its a bad recognition on main cast part.

Quincy is NOT a race. Its a teaching.

A shinigami could be a quincy.
A hollow could be a quincy.
A fullbringer could be a quincy.

Its a teaching that takes hundreds of years to hone into bloodline and it stems from an older race of "magic hunters">

My bet? Those guys are all royal guards - joining royal guard means you need to forsake your usual power set and embrace the teachings upon which quincies are based upon.

It makes a perfect sense considerin the nature of fullbring and how it connects the idea of one deity connected to everything and considering quincy angelic nature of powers and how similar to fullbring in general the power is.

So royal guard would be consisting of shinigami, hollows and fullbringers having been taught in the teachings upon which quincies based theirs and augmenting their powers with it.

A perfect power for an army of someone who supposedly rules the universe.
Feb 22, 2012 10:11 AM

May 2008
So Kubo really did pull out the quincy card. Well, it's about time. The plot is moving quite fast imo.
Feb 22, 2012 10:52 AM
Feb 2012
I think he kind of looks like karia, from the bounts. Mixed with whatever.
Feb 22, 2012 10:59 AM

Apr 2011
I hope its going to be a awesome war.xD but declaring war about what lol?;)
Feb 22, 2012 11:33 AM

Jan 2008
Fai said:
Sir_Inqed said:

Its a teaching that takes hundreds of years to hone into bloodline and it stems from an older race of "magic hunters">

My bet? Those guys are all royal guards - joining royal guard means you need to forsake your usual power set and embrace the teachings upon which quincies are based upon.

It makes a perfect sense considerin the nature of fullbring and how it connects the idea of one deity connected to everything and considering quincy angelic nature of powers and how similar to fullbring in general the power is.

So royal guard would be consisting of shinigami, hollows and fullbringers having been taught in the teachings upon which quincies based theirs and augmenting their powers with it.

A perfect power for an army of someone who supposedly rules the universe.
These "quintespada" or whatever they are, can't be Royal Guards. That doesn't make sense. They might share the same powers as the royal guard but if they're the reason behind the dissapearing souls and hollows then they'd be damaging a system that the Soul King has been supporting for thousands of years. So Royal guard is not how I would describe them, I can't even accept the thought that they're ex-royal guards cause I have this feeling that... just like the shingami... once you're in, you're in forever, otherwise you'll be hunted down and locked up in a maggot's nest.

Feb 22, 2012 11:51 AM

May 2010
People at the end had masks, coz Kubo didn't have idea for their faces? xD
So after all it's Quincy huh... Maybe something like Arrancar Quincy? So now what, Shinigami Quincy, Fullbringer Quincy, Vizard Quincy? :| Well, if that means more Ishida, I'm looking forward to it. Still 1000-year war, and now declaring a war, that can really mean that we will have to read Bleach for some time XD
Feb 22, 2012 12:11 PM

Jul 2007
hungry_bunny said:
These "quintespada" or whatever they are, can't be Royal Guards. That doesn't make sense. They might share the same powers as the royal guard but if they're the reason behind the dissapearing souls and hollows then they'd be damaging a system that the Soul King has been supporting for thousands of years. So Royal guard is not how I would describe them, I can't even accept the thought that they're ex-royal guards cause I have this feeling that... just like the shingami... once you're in, you're in forever, otherwise you'll be hunted down and locked up in a maggot's nest.

Except the current SS is pro-liberalism and going away from the ways they were in before.

Think about this - What has changed in last few years in ss? Easy - Ichigo came in and upset the balance of the place, challenging the laws that were set for thousands of years. It could be as simple as Soul King not liking the direciton it all goes.

Remember what english people did when they did not like the fact that certain colony of theirs is getting too independent?

It would make sense for them to count SS as opposition, not to mention that there are millions of possibilities on why RG would count SS as enemies: Ichigo's existence and secret behind his birth for example
Feb 22, 2012 12:26 PM

Aug 2010
Ever since the final of the fullbring arc, a lot of things from older chapters start to appear. I guess that Kudo's style of dealing with certain ideas is to delay them till a far away future and catch us off guard. Something that I liked about Fullmetal Alchemist, so it's approved.

As for the whole Quincy thing, all I can say that it makes perfect sense that they are, since they declared war on the shinigami who almost eradicated them from the earth itself 200 years ago. Other than that, nothing else.
Feb 22, 2012 12:29 PM

Apr 2008
Fai said:

Sir_Inqed said:

Its a teaching that takes hundreds of years to hone into bloodline and it stems from an older race of "magic hunters"

Regardless of you thinking of them as not a "race", but a "teaching", that does not negate the possibility of a Hollow/Quincy hybrid, a Hollow gaining Quincy powers, a similar situation where a Hollow gains Shinigami powers. You mentioned that a variety of different beings ( shinigami, fullbringers, etc. ) could be a Quincy. That's plausible, I am fine with that. So why is it so farfetched of an idea for their to be a Hollow/Quincy hybrid? Are you implying that because Quincies are not a "race" and is instead a "teaching" that any being is capable of learning, that there can't be a hybrid of the two where a Hollow gains their powers? If you can accept other beings becoming one, I don't understand how my view is any lesser of a possibility than yours.

And while any of this could be possible, I still stand by what I originally posted. It would seem like a rather cheap and boring route for Kubo to take IF, and I'm saying IF, he were to take it. We already had the Arrancar, another hybrid like them would seem unoriginal.
Sir_InqedFeb 22, 2012 12:52 PM
Feb 22, 2012 12:49 PM

Nov 2008
The quincys are rebelling.
"We will go when we finish this bread", they don't even care about the new guy lol
Feb 22, 2012 1:01 PM

Jan 2008
Fai said:
hungry_bunny said:

Except the current SS is pro-liberalism and going away from the ways they were in before.

Think about this - What has changed in last few years in ss? Easy - Ichigo came in and upset the balance of the place, challenging the laws that were set for thousands of years. It could be as simple as Soul King not liking the direciton it all goes.

Remember what english people did when they did not like the fact that certain colony of theirs is getting too independent?

It would make sense for them to count SS as opposition, not to mention that there are millions of possibilities on why RG would count SS as enemies: Ichigo's existence and secret behind his birth for example
First, Ivan. The RG could have a grudge against the shinigami and yes, I agree that the possibility that they fear or want Ichigo restricted is very high but Ivan didn't look like a person who wanted to hurt Ichigo. At least before he got kicked in the face...

Of course, the fact that he isn't masked like the SS-"visitors" could suggest that he's their enemy and that the other 7 black-masked guys/girls are different... so for them, I'm going to reiterate my last and strongest argument... "The Tearing" and "The Disappearences", those that have been mentioned in the last two chapters, why would the RG be responsible for something like that, destroying the 13 divisions of Soul Society shouldn't need such drastic measures as destroying everything around it as well. Wouldn't such a thing trouble the Soul King more than the potential threat of a teenage shinigami and a liberal SS?

Feb 22, 2012 1:16 PM

Jan 2011
*eats popcorn while he watches all the people drop this for whatever reason*
Orihime opening the window was pretty funny and it seems like quincys are declaring war? but for some reason i feel Ivan is a bit different then the other ones.
Feb 22, 2012 1:17 PM

Sep 2010
I don't think Ivan is actually a hollow hybrid. Quincys are said to despise hollows, so becoming hybrids would be kinda plot-holish.

http://www.mangareader.net/94-490-12/bleach/chapter-36.html

Unless they figured that the only way to defeat the SS was by taming hollows/(hollow powers) and using them like attack dogs or something. I could go for something like that.
Feb 22, 2012 1:20 PM

Sep 2011
quincy? seriously? i hoped for something more... interesting for the last arc. and i do hate quincy, though i don't even know why >.>
Feb 22, 2012 1:31 PM

Dec 2009
Interesting enough chapter I guess.

Huzzah for uryu's bum chums.

Feb 22, 2012 1:44 PM

Mar 2011
So he's a Quincy? Sounds great but I hope Kubo has got a good plot to go with. I agree that the whole hybrid thing is boring because Kubo has used that before (arrancars) but I would like to know more about the Quincys and if he can again pull that idea off, then he'll be safe.

I'm guessing those were also Quincys that wanted to declare war to Yamamoto? Mhmm... interesting I guess, I can see that happening.

Oh well it's only early days, I hope more happens and it gets better!

Salinga said:
Ahahaha, oh man Yumichika's new hairstyle. I can't believe Kubo gave him a braid. He even took off his eye-feathers!
So I wasn't the only one that laughed? He looks even more womanly to me! xD
As it turns out, living was a punishment...
Feb 22, 2012 2:07 PM
Feb 2010
I should be interested in the quincy but Kubo neglected them so much that I´m not =/

I would like to see more of that tension between Ichigo & SS instead...
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Bleach Chapter 60 Discussion

rebwaters - Oct 19, 2009

5 by Crisdarto »»
Apr 17, 6:12 PM

Poll: » Bleach Chapter 570 Discussion ( 1 2 )

MermaidGalaxies - Feb 26, 2014

90 by Crisdarto »»
Apr 14, 6:04 PM

» Bleach Next Generations?

Fullmetaldak - Apr 10

13 by Fullmetaldak »»
Apr 13, 8:11 PM

Poll: » Bleach Chapter 480 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

MermaidGalaxies - Feb 7, 2012

102 by Crisdarto »»
Apr 6, 6:35 PM

Poll: » Bleach Chapter 674 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - May 19, 2016

50 by _Zanga »»
Mar 31, 10:29 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.