Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Chihayafuru
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Feb 21, 2012 8:24 AM

Nov 2007
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Chihaya thinking deeply, unfortunately, test happens at next tournament.

Taichi is going and met Arata. Both are iin B. Taichi lost when Chihaya arrived so she got to see Arata's battle, watery flow... (Taichi Chihaya teacher and Arata's teacher are friends?)

Chihaya is happy with tear seeing Arata is back to karuta. Arata lost to the Ace here and got 4th.

Chihaya and Arata got a moment? Then Chihaya got taken away by the girl.

Arata was too embarrassed to give cellphone number by Taichi's request because he thought Taichi and Chihaya are in relations.

So Taichi got requested to stay in the club unless he got 1st..., so the megane guy worried about him being sad at the result. Chihaya is studying.

Taichi got asked to upper ranked to A and go to the tournament at West Japan (like the megane guy saying that getting 2nd at B), but he refused saying that he doesn't want to hide.
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Feb 21, 2012 9:50 AM
Nov 2011
If they skip the part where

I will be pissed.
Feb 21, 2012 11:17 AM

Dec 2009
With Arata back into the mix this show jumped up in its quality tenfold. He just adds so much to Chihaya's and Taichi's characters when he's around them.
Ara ara.
Feb 21, 2012 11:19 AM

May 2010
Why do they always make Taichi lose? Seriously, he suffered enough...
Even when I was in crowd, I was always alone
Feb 21, 2012 11:50 AM

Sep 2008
GOD DAMMIT! Why are you so fucking sexy, Arata?

Sure you have to do the thing you don't want to do before you can do the things you truly want to do.
However, when what you want to do is what you have to do, you can hear the voice of the world.

Silly desk people
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Feb 21, 2012 11:57 AM

Jun 2008
HawthorneKitty said:
GOD DAMMIT! Why are you so fucking sexy, Arata?

THIS.
he and his sexy voice

And geez what´s up with that Arata/Taichi blushing to each other XP
OrulyonFeb 21, 2012 1:36 PM

ワンダーランド花 ♥

Feb 21, 2012 12:06 PM

Apr 2011
GOD DAMMIT.

At this point I don't even care who ends up with who. Arata and Chihaya, Chihaya and Taichi, Taichi and Arata- I DON'T EVEN CARE I JUST WANT SOME ROMANCE. FROM SOMEONE. SOMEWHERE.

[/ rage ]

Great episode. Can't wait for the next one. It's terribly depressing that there are so few episodes left.
Feb 21, 2012 12:21 PM
Sep 2011
Loved this episode. It's as endearing as ever watching the interactions between the characters this time including Arata.

It even felt like the animation picked up this week as well. Especially the water images expressing the mood of the characters looked really nice.
EudaimoniaFeb 21, 2012 12:42 PM
Feb 21, 2012 12:22 PM

Jul 2011
Why must everything go wrong for Taichi? Seriously~~ he is the punching bag of the plot. The author must enjoy seeing him in pain.
Gotta say my favorite relationship in the show is Taichi/Arata, because sometimes I'm not sure what they think of each other, but Taichi saying that even though a part of him wasn't happy for Arata being back, the other was celebrating and acknowledges how good he is (and then Taichi started to cry), that reminds me he does care for Arata, the only problem he has with him is clueless Chihaya falling for him. That's why I think Taichi is interesting and complex.
And by the way Chihaya said that the poem applies to her and Arata, having the poem a romantic feel, so guess...there's no hope for Taichi :(

Forgot to say I'm proud that Taichi didn't accept Harada-sensei's "reward".
EdenBagginsFeb 21, 2012 1:07 PM
Feb 21, 2012 12:25 PM

Aug 2010
Taichi just keeps getting screwed, and then doesn't want to take the free ride. I feel like Taichi is going to get screwed over again by this show before it's over. They just seem so obsessed with Arata and Chihaya that Taichi is just going to get left out.
Feb 21, 2012 12:32 PM

Apr 2009
I demand a second season announcement! NOW!

And Taichi became more and more likeable, it's great to see his way of thinking.
SixFlagsFeb 21, 2012 12:36 PM
Feb 21, 2012 1:47 PM
Nov 2011
keeetz said:
If they skip the part where

I will be pissed.

Ok. I'm pissed. This anime practically trampled any Arata and Chihaya moments from the manga.
Feb 21, 2012 2:06 PM

Aug 2009
SixFlags said:

YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!! X____X

I dont want this show to end yet T__T

And I'm still rooting for Taichi x Chihaya );
Feb 21, 2012 2:26 PM

Aug 2008
IT HURTS!
It hurts to watch Taichi suffering two episode in a row!
I love Taichi! He's such a great person!

And I'm actually upset of Chihaya, didn't she say she is going to SUPPORT Taichi morally? He was on the verge of falling!! :( but well, it's chihaya, it can't be helped.

Seriously, the mangaka is so cruel, making me love Taichi so much and yet make him lose the most important matches and make him suffer because of his love for Chihaya, but what's more? She makes it obvious that Chihaya and Arata are going to end up together!! :I
KuriniFeb 21, 2012 2:29 PM
Feb 21, 2012 2:41 PM

Jul 2011
Kurini said:
IT HURTS!

And I'm actually upset of Chihaya, didn't she say she is going to SUPPORT Taichi morally? He was on the verge of falling!! :( but well, it's chihaya, it can't be helped.

Seriously, the mangaka is so cruel, making me love Taichi so much and yet make him lose the most important matches and make him suffer because of his love for Chihaya, but what's more? She makes it obvious that Chihaya and Arata are going to end up together!! :I

Yup, the mangaka must be a sadist, she really loves to make Taichi suffer.
I mean if it was just a little it would be ok, (I guess) but Taichi in these past episodes just kept being heart-stabbed.
Feb 21, 2012 2:49 PM

Nov 2011
Kurini said:
IT HURTS!

I don't see any of that! Taichi was the "generic perfect boy" in the beginning, good looking, number one grades, awesome at sports, rich, now it kinda feels like karma what he's going through! To tell a story "perfect" is not good, a conflict is need. And I love his hardships because he's actually developing a great personality from it; "I don't want to go to Class A as much as I don't want to run away" hell yeah, that was cool.

And so far it's more pushed towards the game and the friendships than the romance with anyone. As if a couple is made = the story will end. Chihaya is so single-minded after all! I don't know, differently from the general opinion I guess I rather the way it is now.
Feb 21, 2012 3:06 PM
Dec 2007
Perfection. And Taichi is becoming a really incredible character on top of Chihaya being the best female lead in a long time.

In every age, in every place, the deeds of men remain the same.
Feb 21, 2012 3:24 PM

Feb 2011
Taichi's life sucks, lol.
Feb 21, 2012 4:16 PM
Dec 2010
we have another omitted scene done by madhouse on the second time around, i learn that the studio receive lot of complain what they done on episode 13. ok i understand what the studio intention they don't want to drop to much clue about chiharata relationship, but by doing this it will affect the sale of BD of chihayafuru remember the one who will most buy this show is the one who also support the manga version. i just hoping they will add this scene on the next episode, if they one a good sale and nice revenue to continue on season 2.

(in this scene- the boss in the bookstore was amaze to arata because he memorize every book in the bookstore and easily find the book that the customers looking. arata spot the magazine where chitose ayase is the model and arata think how chihaya resemblance to her older sister. and arata imaging how chihaya looks if she wear the same bikini lol.)

: Arata was relieve here when he learn chihaya and taichi are not couple.

orion_momoFeb 21, 2012 4:27 PM
Feb 21, 2012 4:24 PM

Jun 2009
TT^TT TAICHI!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!He will make it!! I believe in him!!

I liked how the tone of his voice at the end...so cool
Yay Mamoru Miyano!! XD

"I'm not so much focused on making Class A as I'm focused on becoming someone who doesn't run away"
^ Best line he's ever said...

SixFlags said:

I just don't want this series to have a rushed ending and just leaving it there.
Feb 21, 2012 4:27 PM

Aug 2011
Taichi... My heart cries for you...

I almost cried when Chihaya just LEFT Taichi to watch Arata. It's okay, Taichi, you can have me! I also didn't like that look of relief on Arata's face when Taichi said that he and Chihaya weren't going out. And Taichi really stepped up to the plate when he refused the promotion, I knew he was going to refuse because he's not the type of person who will just "settle".

Finally, PLEASE CAN WE HAVE A SEASON 2. PLEEEEAAAASSEEEE.
Feb 21, 2012 4:49 PM

Aug 2008
TBOkmph said:
Kurini said:
IT HURTS!

I don't see any of that! Taichi was the "generic perfect boy" in the beginning, good looking, number one grades, awesome at sports, rich, now it kinda feels like karma what he's going through! To tell a story "perfect" is not good, a conflict is need. And I love his hardships because he's actually developing a great personality from it; "I don't want to go to Class A as much as I don't want to run away" hell yeah, that was cool.

And so far it's more pushed towards the game and the friendships than the romance with anyone. As if a couple is made = the story will end. Chihaya is so single-minded after all! I don't know, differently from the general opinion I guess I rather the way it is now.

I agree with you, it just shows how great he is and that he's serious about Karuta.
But I'm still sad about it, I hope luck will come to him soon!
Feb 21, 2012 5:28 PM

Jul 2009
I am glad Taichi is getting thrown around in this plot. He's the most realistic character. Life isn't so convenient where you win every single match and born with some amazing talent.

A bit inappropriate, but, Chihaya got "wet" from seeing Arata. Hu, hu, hu.
Feb 21, 2012 6:52 PM

May 2010
Epic. XD
Loved it!

Chihaya x Arata FTW! :P

Arata blush was so cute! Seeing how relieved he was to know Chihaya and Taichi aren't a couple was one of the best parts! >.<
I think Arata likes Chihaya....this episode confirms it! ...maybe. juts MO. x3
I use to think Chihaya liked Arata just didn't fully know she did, but after what she said on the train to Kana, I think Chihaya just might actually know. <3
!!
Can't wait for the next episode!
Only 5 left. :(
"Wait for the signal, and I'll meet you after dark"
Feb 21, 2012 6:53 PM

Sep 2011
Damn Taichi is such a well developed character, he's easily one of my favorites in the show, I feel so bad for him. :(

I like how at first when this anime began, I didn't like him, now I love him. WHY ARE YOU SO GOOD CHIHAYAFURU? Q_Q
[center]
Feb 21, 2012 7:06 PM

Nov 2011
I was hoping Taichi would join the dark side of Karuta, where they accidentally miss the cards and and consequently knock out the opponent. But no. Taichi remains class B, in more than just the game. I didn't like this episode as much, except maybe the last few moments.
Feb 21, 2012 7:39 PM

Nov 2009
Chihaya finally chooses to support Tachi, but at the same instance, she turns her attention to arata =.=

I still support Taichi x Chihaya.

She's already subconsciously playing her part as Taichi's gf, yet her admiration is still with arata.
Feb 21, 2012 7:57 PM
Sep 2010
Yeah...definitely shipping Taichi x Chihaya. Taichi has so much depth to him - it's pretty impressive.
Feb 21, 2012 8:01 PM
Apr 2010
Shit got real awesome. :)
Feb 21, 2012 8:02 PM

Jan 2008
If Taichi had accepted the Dr.'s offer, I would have forever branded him as a coward and undeserving of the A rank. Fortunately he still has some balls. I still think he has way too much screen-time compared to Arata. I actually hope the part when Chihaya was on the train with Kana; was foreshadowing something significant relating to the poem by Lady Murasaki Shikibu about possibly being about love and/or friendship. Although it does quite fit Arata's relationship with Chihaya and maybe even Taichi.

I hope Chihaya get's Arata's phone number/email address in the end. It's nice of Arata to be considerate and tact about his being apart from Chihaya and Taichi for so long, but he needs to be more assertive even if there was a possibility they were going out like Arata had thought.

tsubasalover said:
Taichi is going and met Arata. Both are iin B.

One problem with that. They're both not in B (rank) if that's what you mean. Arata got promoted to A rank at least 18 months prior to his match, around the time his grandfather died, and he hasn't played since.

For the tournament that Arata and Taichi competed in, had both ranks A and B played in the same room. The A rank players would compete for the Master rank qualifiers.

TBOkmph said:
Kurini said:
IT HURTS!

This.
People keep saying how poor Taichi is or whatnot, or that no one seems to care about him, but none of these are true. Every character has gone through difficulties that contribute to their character development, just some more than others. Arata lost his beloved grandfather which left him a train wreck. Komano had to deal with his self-consciousness and insecurities about what it meant to be a good student studying for their future. Kana still feels upset at people who play competitive Karuta when they don't pay enough attention to the poems meanings but rather only the syllables, and she also wishes more people would pay more heed to tradition. Nishida felt insecure about himself because he felt he was running away from what he truly desired which wasn't tennis but Karuta, and still loves it like he always has. And finally Chihaya, despite still being an air-head, has her own dream to become the karuta Queen after her misconception of what it meant to have a dream to strive for. But she still feels upset at her own shortcomings, while at the same time she admires her close friend and rival, Arata, she wishes to become better and not lose anymore to the point it's become an obsession, which is pretty much all she cares about, (her thoughts on future is just a tiny bubble at the bottom of her mind).

Before anyone starts to think of Chihaya as selfish or something along those lines because she left Taichi after he lost to see Arata play, I hope no one forgets the promise the three of them made together in the past. They promised that they would meet again and face each other in Karuta, which is what binds them together. May have been worded differently, but the thought is still there. And Arata clearly expressed his desire to play both Taichi and Chihaya on more than one occasion, which since it's Chihaya, she puts at the forefront of priorities. Chihaya loves Karuta so much not only because Arata opened a new door for her, but because Karuta is what brought the three of them together as close friends, which is why Chihaya teared up from seeing Arata playing again after she was first heartbroken when Arata said he would quit for good. Even Taichi realized what Chihaya was feeling from seeing him play again because he admitted that he was happy deep down that Arata came back, but didn't see it at first because he was too caught up with his self-loathing from losing.

Taichi doesn't need any pity or anyone feeling sorry for him which he clearly expressed with his response to to Dr. Harada's offer.
Estoy_GordoFeb 21, 2012 9:05 PM
Feb 21, 2012 8:10 PM

May 2011
Seriously... It's like no one cares about Taichi at all in this show lol

1. He was CLEARLY depress of going alone -> Chihaya rushes over there as well to cheer for him if he wins... or loses. Good Try!?... please try harder. She get there and then all she cares about it Arata... leading to Number 2. Everyone one else also had better to do. It's Ok. It happens.
2. He was even MORE depress of losing again without making it to Class A. He sat on the bench and looked fucking depress. Oh ! Chihaya happens to come at this moment ready to cheer on him !... It's good to have 'Good Intention' but sometimes, it's good to also put them into action. She ignored him once she knew about Arata and keep the ./ignore until he came to her, AGAIN.
3. Depress again because Chihaya dump him for Arata like usual. No one cares ! no no no ! Arata doesn't notice but... I wasn't really expecting him to notice. Would have be nice to see tho.

The only person that seems to notice that everything is going wrong for him is Harada sensei. He tried to help. He did it better than Chihaya lol but, Taichi turned him down. It's good. It is. I like Taichi even more. His problem aren't only related to Karuta and being Class A or B. Staying Class B wouldn't have been this horrible if Chihaya wasn't such an horrible friend.

And then, she talk about this 'friendship' poem with Kanna on the Train. What does she knows about Friendship. She's acting like one when she feels like it. She is still a character I really like and all of that. I might like her even more after this episode for showing how selfish she can be but... Arata, really ? He's been absent for too long for me. Too Bad.
Feb 21, 2012 10:00 PM

Jul 2011
I feel terrible for Taichi, but I'm a ChihayaxArata fan.

It was so awkward when Arata said he thought Taichi and Chihaya were a couple! XD
I loved it. Arata was so cute.

And when Taichi declined the offer, his laugh was so effin' cute. :<

Love this episode.

Only 5 more episodes... I need more Chihayafuru!! Second season? :D
Feb 21, 2012 10:25 PM

Jun 2011
Woot. Arararararata-kun is back :D.

I don't know if its just me, or does taichi sound even more girly now? O.o Arata's voice is so...soothing? xD

Nice that Arata lost too :D I WANT THE QUEEN TO MORE SCREEN TIME D: TEAM SHINOBU!!!!!

5/5
Feb 21, 2012 11:32 PM

Jan 2010
I have to say, it's been a long time since I've felt so emotional about an anime. Taichi's rise from a classroom bully to a team leader to a subdued badass who faces his weaknesses without running away is immensely satisfying. I'm really hoping for a Taichi/Chihaya ending but as long as the directing and emotions keep flowing this well, I'm giving Chihayafuru a 10/10. Best josei anime I've seen. Best sports anime I've seen. Heck, maybe even my favorite anime of all time.
Feb 21, 2012 11:35 PM
Nov 2011
this anime is excruciating and heart wrenching for both Taichi x Chihaya and Arata x Chihaya fans
Feb 21, 2012 11:52 PM

Jan 2011
I started off feeling that Chihaya x Arata might be the better match, but after watching Taichi's character develop over the series I really do want it to be a Chihaya x Taichi ending. It looks like Chihaya just might be beginning to get an inkling that she might have to choose between love and friendship in her relationships with the two boys, based on her realization about the meaning of the poem on the train.
Please don't feed the trolls!
In my next life I want to collide at the corner with the cute transfer student
carrying a piece of toast in her mouth
...rodac

Feb 22, 2012 1:50 AM
Feb 22, 2012 2:24 AM

May 2010
Did taichi lose to arata in the 3rd round?& it really seems like chihaya loves arata...
Feb 22, 2012 4:29 AM
Dec 2010
ahmed_great2005 said:
Did taichi lose to arata in the 3rd round?& it really seems like chihaya loves arata...

no taichi Play in class B player category and lose in the third round, on the other hand arata play in Class A Player category and lose to #1 student of Harada Sensei but the Student of harada sensei win on luck only aside from that arata never play karuta for one and half years so is expected to arata not to win, arata need to pratice a little to go back to his game.

rodac said:
I started off feeling that Chihaya x Arata might be the better match, but after watching Taichi's character develop over the series I really do want it to be a Chihaya x Taichi ending. It looks like Chihaya just might be beginning to get an inkling that she might have to choose between love and friendship in her relationships with the two boys, based on her realization about the meaning of the poem on the train.

is there big possibility that chihaya and arata migh match in one of the tournament that shinobu will not joining in example in the tournament held in tokyo but not the tournament held in kyoto that held every summer of july but i more expecting a shinobu and arata match. actually i want to watch it because shinobu and arata learn karuta from arata grandfather.

chihaya taichi ending is very slim to tell you honestly, all the clue drop by the writer specially the poem. - specially all the poem is very important the poem sighted in the manga is like a prophetic clue sadly 95% of love poem is pointing to chiharata route.

actually you will understand the plot of the story just listen and try to understand the ending theme of chihayafuru . i will put some important line translated already in English
[- Even if we are far apart, I have faith that
our futures, originating from the same dream, will be connected.
We have made a vow to each other to meet at the promised place someday
-And now, the two of us are gazing at each's separate path.
And now, I will sing again, until the day when our thoughts will be reunited
-Even when I'm at a loss, I will gather and mix the colors of my dream.
Precisely because I'm thinking about you, I will be able to become stronger.
I definitely will not let it end
-And now, I look up at the sky that leads to you.
And now, I will sing again, and my song will reach you no matter where you are ]

Is really undeniable that the song is for Arata and chihaya, chiharata in short.

:example of the picture below we all know chihayafuru is about Deep Love or Red Love
this is the second time the author express it to who this poem are pointing. #1 in episode 6 arata with red deep background in the back and this is the second one.

sorry if someone might not agree on me, but i only comment an opinion base on evidence not on Hersey opinion. but everyone is title to their own opinion the question only is their opinion has a basis? =)
orion_momoFeb 22, 2012 4:45 AM
Feb 22, 2012 7:38 AM

Jul 2011
Poor Taichi, always the shows whipping boy. Respect him for not taking the pass he was offered but also sad that we're not even going to get and see him shooting for the top now. That was his last shot, wasn't it?
Feb 22, 2012 8:31 AM
Nov 2007
At first, I liked Arata x Chihaya pairing. But after many episodes, I start to like Taichi too. His character developed a lot and he becomes one of my favorite characters.
But when Arata appears again in this episode, I think I am still fan of Arata x Chihaya after all. :D
Feb 22, 2012 8:55 AM

Dec 2009
This episode was damn perfect <3 My eyes got wet when Taichi and Chihaya started crying while watching Arata, damn.
And Taichi saying he doesn't want to run away... oh, I almost feel like giving this a 9 or 10 depending on the ending.
Feb 22, 2012 8:57 AM

Jun 2008
The only bad thing about Chihaya is that she is so centered in Karuta that, even if Taichi kissed his ex girlfriend in front of her, or if Arata kissed his neighbor girl, Chihaya would actually support them =_=

To me, she is still completely fascinated with Arata and i think its a little bit just too much, its like he is like a forbidden fruit and so she wishes to be at his side, perhaps if they continued to grow up together, she wouldn't be so obsessed with him.
And actually Taichi is also a little too much obsessed with Arata, but its understandable. He is a bit jealous that Arata is an excellent player and that Chihaya is infatuated with him.
But that´s why i really loved Taichi in this episode: He was able to cry. He was able to feel happy for the first time for Arata, and to let the friendship between them prevail among all his insecurities and fears. In fact Taichi x Arata have more moments together than Chihaya x Arata, looool. XP

I also loved Arata´s attitude in being sensible to Taichi´s feelings and delivering his email and phone number to him instead of Chihaya.

My heart cries for Taichi because i do know he loves Chihaya, while Arata keeps Taichi and Chihaya at the same level : Best friends.
Now i also do know that it wont take much for Arata to start loving Chihaya. If they interacted more besides the karuta tournaments, that would be likely to happen.

I think Taichi will get Chihaya at the end. I love them as couple, although my fav chara is Arata. I think that only because Taichi has like 100% screen time against 10% of Arata and that means something.

Either one it will be fine to me i guess, although I have the feeling this also might end just like it started: in a threesome.

ワンダーランド花 ♥

Feb 22, 2012 11:16 AM

Dec 2011
Yosh!!!! Arata is back!!!

Is really amazing how thw producers can make the viewer to care about a character that was missed for half the series in just one chapter.
Feb 22, 2012 11:26 AM

Jul 2011
Arata is like Natsume Reiko (from Natsume Yuujinchou), he doesn't appear much, but when he does it's like the resurrection of Jesus.
Feb 22, 2012 3:17 PM

Apr 2008
Poor Taichi!!! He was doing so well and then completely lost it! Was really happy that Sensei offered him the chance for promotion but loved his decline, how cool!!!! XD Definitely great to see Arata too, what an episode!!!!!
But really, so depressing that there are only 5 episodes to go??!!!! Noooooooooooo!!!
Feb 22, 2012 3:27 PM
Dec 2007
bootyjon said:

actually you will understand the plot of the story just listen and try to understand the ending theme of chihayafuru . i will put some important line translated already in English
And now, I will sing again, and my song will reach you no matter where you are ]

Is really undeniable that the song is for Arata and chihaya, chiharata in short.

:example of the picture below we all know chihayafuru is about Deep Love or Red Love
this is the second time the author express it to who this poem are pointing. #1 in episode 6 arata with red deep background in the back and this is the second one.
<!--link--><a href="http://imagetwist.com/3xe4kv5wh1a2/Chihayafuru_-_20.mp4_001046031.jpg.html">

sorry if someone might not agree on me, but i only comment an opinion base on evidence not on Hersey opinion. but everyone is title to their own opinion the question only is their opinion has a basis? =)

But it doesn't have to mean that at all.

As Chihaya said to Kana the poem she read sounded like a romance poem but it was actually about friendship. Who is to say the manga-ka is not subverting something that makes you think of romance when it really is referring to a lost friendship.

Also how do you know the ending song is not referring to both Chihaya and Taichi's feelings for Arata? All 3 characters are shown prominently throughout the ending.

There is not only one way to interpret something. Sure we can guess but I don't think anyone can clearly say who Chihaya will end up with just yet.
Feb 22, 2012 4:03 PM
Dec 2010
kirarakim said:
bootyjon said:

<!--link--><a href="http://imagetwist.com/3xe4kv5wh1a2/Chihayafuru_-_20.mp4_001046031.jpg.html">

But it doesn't have to mean that at all.

As Chihaya said to Kana the poem she read sounded like a romance poem but it was actually about friendship. Who is to say the manga-ka is not subverting something that makes you think of romance when it really is referring to a lost friendship.

Also how do you know the ending song is not referring to both Chihaya and Taichi's feelings for Arata? All 3 characters are shown prominently throughout the ending.

There is not only one way to interpret something. Sure we can guess but I don't think anyone can clearly say who Chihaya will end up with just yet.

i just happen i know and familiar on ogura hyakuni isshu that's why i say almost all the poem use in manga is perfectly fit to chiharata, about the ending theme yeah the 3 character shown in the theme but the meaning of the song is fit only to chihaya and arata, even you listen to it a thousand times i can't imaging how can i associate taichi on that song, you need not to worry about the future taichi in this story actually theres a new female character will be introduce a new member of their team that have chrush on taichi, there's a big possibility this girl will be taichi's partner. well that's why where waiting to vol 16 if yuki will drop her biggest clue about chiharata relationship if they have a future.

so far this what we know specially the manga reader-

taichi obviously has one sided feeling to chihaya, shinobu wakamiya it seem have one sided feeling to arata, hisashi suo the current king it seemhave a crush on shinobu, sumire (new member of chihaya team) have crush on taichi that why she join the team and at last chiharata (chihaya and arata) it seem they have feeling towards each other.
orion_momoFeb 22, 2012 6:15 PM
Feb 22, 2012 6:51 PM

May 2008
this was indeed a great episode, these last few focusing on Taichi's matches were all great but it pains me so much to see him lose everything. First his matches and secondly Chihaya's attention and support. I know she missed Arata for being away for so long, but there are times when you have to be more tactful. And I know she's an air-head, but there's a limit to how clueless you can be, I mean Taichi looked like he was on the verge of suicide and the moment she heard Arata was playing she just ran off leaving him behind.

I'm really praying for a Chihaya x Taichi ending, but to me it seems like Chihaya only has eyes for Arata because he managed to catch her attention early on with his mad karuta skills. He planted a seed so to say. All Taichi has at this point are his good grades which he doesn't seem to care about all that much anymore. Imo, Taichi is too good for Chihaya at this point but you can't chose who you love. Arata is an ok guy and I liked that he was considerate of Taichi by giving him his contact-info instead of Chihaya in case they were dating. But Arata fans, sorry to say this (not really) but he's a boring character.

Taichi is such a strong character, despite all these obstacles he still didn't give in to the easy way out. So within these last 5 episodes Taichi needs to walk up to Chihaya grab her and give her a good long passionate kiss on the lips and then maybe....maybe....she'll finally realize his feelings for her and hopefully it'll awaken romantic feelings for him (whether they were dormant or new) . Because I can imagine that just saying that he likes her would make her think he's just joking :/.

Had that get that of my chest :p
eclipterFeb 22, 2012 7:05 PM

Feb 22, 2012 7:32 PM
Dec 2007
@bootyjon

I think if you are going to spoil later events of the manga you should at least put it under a spoiler cut.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Chihayafuru Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

tsubasalover - Nov 29, 2011

216 by minnaslay127 »»
Apr 24, 4:04 PM

Poll: » Chihayafuru Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

zimno - Oct 11, 2011

180 by saabiK »»
Mar 14, 6:02 AM

Poll: » Chihayafuru Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

tsubasalover - Dec 13, 2011

146 by CrazyButNot4U »»
Mar 12, 7:24 AM

Poll: » Chihayafuru Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

tsubasalover - Nov 1, 2011

182 by CrazyButNot4U »»
Mar 12, 1:58 AM

Poll: » Chihayafuru Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Confucius - Oct 10, 2011

115 by CrazyButNot4U »»
Mar 11, 2:11 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.