Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »
Dec 26, 2011 1:02 PM

Jul 2010
Great way to finish the series; a huge concert with everyone present! Thankfully Haruka gave the wallet as a discharge present in the end. Miki was all jealous and suspected her from trying to take "Honey" from her! xD

A season two is nearly inevitable with the success this series has and I must say I wouldn't mind one at all! 8/10.

Dec 26, 2011 5:11 PM

Jul 2008
That fucking glorious stream, man Kuroi is such a troll.
Dec 26, 2011 11:39 PM

Feb 2011
good show
8/10 for that
i enjoyed watching this show
Dec 27, 2011 12:29 AM

Jan 2011
Entertaining, but I don't really see a second season happening... Unless they make a story where Project Fairy happens, or maybe the up and coming idols make more of an appearance to the series.... I really only see specials and small OVAs in the future. Oh well.

Still though, I knew there was SOMETHING I liked about Takane from the very start. I sensed her love of Ramen...
Dec 27, 2011 4:31 PM

Jan 2010
Started this show knowing nothing about Idolm@ster and had low expectations. But well, here I am on the last episode, surprised at how good this anime turned out to be. Definitely not perfect, but it's one of the best damn shows I've seen in a while.
Dec 27, 2011 11:27 PM

Jun 2011
Shocked said:
Started this show knowing nothing about Idolm@ster and had low expectations. But well, here I am on the last episode, surprised at how good this anime turned out to be. Definitely not perfect, but it's one of the best damn shows I've seen in a while.

This.
Dec 28, 2011 5:11 AM

Apr 2011
Oh wow, Haruka is starting to develop feelings for broducer too.

Go Haruka!
Dec 28, 2011 6:13 AM

Jun 2008
Magito said:
Oh wow, Haruka is starting to develop feelings for broducer too.

Corection, "Everyone" is starting to develop feelings for BRODUCER~~~

It's just not showed, since in the end the main characters for this series are just Chihaya, Miki and Haruka. The others are pushed to the background. This is the only thing that irks me from this anime.

Visit this blog That I'm working with my friend
http://randomnessthing.com/
Dec 28, 2011 7:00 AM

Sep 2010
This was a nice wrap up for a really nice show. I really enjoyed it from the beginning to the end and it's gonna be weird considering that I can't watch this weekly anymore.
I liked how they let everyone come together after all in these last two episodes. Seeing that Haruka was blushing when Miki was saying that Haruka wasn't allowed to get Producer-san for herself was nice. Also the last part with the evil Kuroi-saichou was hilarious, it was to be expected that it turned out like this. Nice that we got to see Ai, Ryou and Eri for once again (and last) and also the guys of Jupiter (but they also had some screentime last episode). Just like someone said at page 1, there's room for a sequel-like series, and I wouldn't mind that.
What I don't get though is where the units that we saw during the opening animation from Change!!! every week for the past three months have gone to?

kaimax said:
It's just not showed, since in the end the main characters for this series are just Chihaya, Miki and Haruka. The others are pushed to the background. This is the only thing that irks me from this anime.
Agreed. The other characters had too less screentime, the one that got the most less screen time was absolutely Yukiho. The 2nd episode (if I'm right) featured her as a sort of main character, but since then I've almost heard nothing from her. Also Azusa and Iori had almost no screen time, while most of the others had a episode especially for them in the 2nd half.
Dec 28, 2011 9:29 AM

Nov 2011
I decided to watch this anime, because I heard a lot about the game. I didn't expect myself to fall in love with every characters in this show, and their songs as well.
Honestly I was kind of hoping for a full blown concert episode that will over shadow ep 13 (which I have re-watched countless time). However, I was quite content with what I was shown. It was quite heartwarming and motivational to see all the idols coming to together in the end. Sacrificing their own potential opportunities so they could all reach their dream together.

I'm pretty happy with the way this anime has turned out. The story it's not too overly dramatized. I feel that it has done a good job introducing us the lifestyles and backgrounds of each idol, while not stirring too far away from the core theme of the show, "'what makes an idol".

I think one of the reasons that keeps me watching Idolm@ster anime, is simply to see various characters of different personalities interacting with each other, supporting each other and trying to understand each other. Overall, it has been a very enjoyable show for me. I wish I own a PS3 so I can play the game...

p.s. Oh I wish there was an episode dedicated to Kotori.
Dec 29, 2011 12:53 PM

Dec 2011
Nice to see all the idols back together again after being separated alot due to jobs. Kuroi trolled them again. Made me lol a bit.

10/10
Dec 31, 2011 2:59 PM

Apr 2010
The animation of the concert is so gorgeous that I have plenty to take screenshots for. I'm now satisfied with the ending but if it has season 2 or an OVA, I would love it. It's underrated in MAL :( I'm really gonna miss this anime. It was a fun ride.

9/10 for me.
Dec 31, 2011 3:25 PM
Dec 2007
Ovindel said:

kaimax said:
Agreed. The other characters had too less screentime, the one that got the most less screen time was absolutely Yukiho. The 2nd episode (if I'm right) featured her as a sort of main character, but since then I've almost heard nothing from her. Also Azusa and Iori had almost no screen time, while most of the others had a episode especially for them in the 2nd half.
Azusa and Iori got their episodes just as everyone else did. In fact, you'd say Iori had too much screentime during the middle of the anime after Ryuuguu Komachi was created (she's more or less the leader of the trio) since there were several Ryuuguu-centered episodes.

Aside from Yukiho, everyone else got more or less the same amount of spotlight. You have to remember Haruka, Miki and Chihaya are literally the main faces of iM@S. As you can see from her storyline Haruka is pretty much the one the group is anchored around, and both Miki and Chihaya are popular among fans.

Dec 31, 2011 3:54 PM

Sep 2010
@Leon-Gun
I know I know, it was just so long ago and actually I expected at the beginning of the show in July that most characters would have multiple episodes featuring them as some kind of main character, but that was not the case with many of them. I just don't like that I almost only got to see Haruka, Chihaya and Miki at all last episodes. Of course there were some little scenes here and there with some other idols, but in my opinion there wasn't enough of it.
It's just annoying and not fair that not all idols get equal screen time, if I'd have to say it like that. If only they did some OVA's to go deeper in some personalities of the idols that didn't have much attention.

(And this is my first message in 2012, it's 0:52AM right now here.)
Jan 1, 2012 5:32 AM

Sep 2008
I knew Jupiter was always a bunch of great guys.
They need a spin off show right now.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 3, 2012 7:39 AM
Jan 2010
Chief spent all their money and now they're bums on the street.
Baddo Endo.
Jan 3, 2012 12:38 PM

Aug 2008
HotCrossBuns said:
The animation of the concert is so gorgeous that I have plenty to take screenshots for. I'm now satisfied with the ending but if it has season 2 or an OVA, I would love it. It's underrated in MAL :( I'm really gonna miss this anime. It was a fun ride.

9/10 for me.
Your set is ballin.
Jan 3, 2012 3:13 PM
Dec 2007
Ovindel said:
@Leon-Gun
I know I know, it was just so long ago and actually I expected at the beginning of the show in July that most characters would have multiple episodes featuring them as some kind of main character, but that was not the case with many of them. I just don't like that I almost only got to see Haruka, Chihaya and Miki at all last episodes. Of course there were some little scenes here and there with some other idols, but in my opinion there wasn't enough of it.
It's just annoying and not fair that not all idols get equal screen time, if I'd have to say it like that. If only they did some OVA's to go deeper in some personalities of the idols that didn't have much attention.

(And this is my first message in 2012, it's 0:52AM right now here.)
Idol-specific OVA's wouldn't be a bad idea and I share your frustration with a few characters who didn't got a lot of cover. In the case of Yukiho the fact no one remembers she had her own episode is because the episode was actually one of the first (it's the one where they have their very first event). After that she got a few skits but she suddenly is pretty much ignored until the insert of Little Match girl at the very end of the season (which was completely eclipsed by Haruka's emotional outburst).

To tell the truth I wouldn't have a lot of frustration if Miki's arc and "emotional growth" wasn't all anchored around a me-me-me and "I want Honey to praise me" attitude. As the third "main character" she was too much of a contrast to Chihaya and Haruka and their pretty much perfect teamwork.

Jan 8, 2012 6:26 PM

Sep 2011
Not enough Iori. That`s all.
Jan 18, 2012 12:49 PM
Jan 2012
Feb 8, 2012 12:40 PM

May 2009
Oh wow.

Great series. 8/10 because it's not exactly consistent with its plausibility (occasionally going overboard for the sake of comedy) and because I'd like to see more character focus for some characters (such as Yukiho and Hibiki), but overall, the characters that were focused on were good choices. I didn't know beforehand that Haruka, Chihaya, and Miki would be the main main characters. I'll think about whether to up this to a 9/10.

Was expecting nothing higher than a 6 at the beginning; I just thought this would be a silly slice-of-life show merely consisting of cute girls doing cute things and looking cute (and occasionally sexualized) in the process. Instead, I got a number of heartwarming stories about a set of characters who just happened to be young women aiming to succeed at idols. And I even cried.

I was actually surprised Haruka could get drama--she was always the perpetually happy encouragement for the team. But the writers got her some drama too--and did it very well.

Very surprised that the series actually made me cry. It made me think about the characters, it made me feel their emotions, and thoroughly entertained me.

The series scripting, direction, scenery, artwork details, etc. were all done very well. I liked all those times when little visual details hinted at things to come.

I was NOT expecting a mashup of READY and CHANGE, but that makes a lot of sense considering that they have the same tempo and key (E-flat major). That was pretty awesome. The music overall was pretty awesome, though not as overwhelmingly awesome as I would have expected from a series about pop idols. However, it did introduce me to a number of great and catchy songs, including Aoi Tori, Yakusoku, and Inferno. The two opening themes are also pretty awesomely catchy. Smoky Thrill is annoyingly catchy too.

Mogami-kun said:
MY BODY WASN'T LADY.

LOL

mrghost_00 said:
Also, is it me or did the rating for the whole series bumped up to a 7.77 from 7.2 or something like that overnight?

Probably a lot of people only rate the series after they've finished it. I know I do that.

----

I knew they were in trouble when the company name was involved. "Blackwell" has "black" in it. You know what that means.

----

frustrated said:
I'm pretty happy with the way this anime has turned out. The story it's not too overly dramatized. I feel that it has done a good job introducing us the lifestyles and backgrounds of each idol, while not stirring too far away from the core theme of the show, "'what makes an idol".

I think one of the reasons that keeps me watching Idolm@ster anime, is simply to see various characters of different personalities interacting with each other, supporting each other and trying to understand each other.

I love their character interactions.

I think the balance between comfort and drama was generally well done.
Avatar character is Gabriel from Gabriel DropOut.
Feb 10, 2012 9:54 AM
Aug 2011
aww just finished it and gotta say this anime is pretty good, its been awhile since i feel sad finishing an anime if u know what i mean xD

Loved the ending and glad that they actually show us each and every one of the idol's background story

10/10!!!
Mar 6, 2012 9:18 PM

Feb 2010
Didn't play the games. But does Hibiki and the twins have anything for them? Everyone else got their spotlight. Show was alrite but I want to see more. Love Yayoi though omg so cute-
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 27, 2012 12:19 AM

Jul 2011
765 Pro, FIGHT !!!

Wow, this series really surprise me! Really enjoyable from the first until the last episode.

Haruka and Chihaya are my favorites.

8/10 overall
Apr 8, 2012 10:11 PM
Jan 2011
Idolm@ster was so amazing, I enjoyed every bit of it but like some of you guys said there are some hints to another season, but anyhow I have fallen in love with this anime so much, I could watch it all day and I would be fine and not care what episode >.< 10/10
Apr 10, 2012 5:11 AM

Jan 2012
Really great show!! I'm so glad they ended with a live; and the PV kinda thing was so amazing zsuhfs
Apr 11, 2012 1:38 PM

Aug 2008
I'm gonna guess that there will a new iDOLM@STER down the line with the new Cinderella Girls. They already have CDs coming out soon and drama CDs too. It's only a matter of time, I think. :D
May 2, 2012 12:11 AM

Apr 2012
well.
is it just me?
but i think the dance for Ready! and change! is totally disorganized,,
only show the good side of each character.
in comparison with that in episode 13 when they danced for Restart!!
May 24, 2012 4:10 PM

Sep 2011
Miki <3
Jun 18, 2012 3:37 PM

Feb 2012
Loved this series. I was totally surprised that I enjoyed it so much.

The first half I thought it would just be a typical slice of life moe show ( Which I love ). Second half things started getting serious and even made me cry O_O.

OVerall this show is so underrated. I seriously hope it gets a second season where they focus more on the other girls and not just Chihaya, Miki and Haruka. Need more Hibiki!

10/10 from me. Loved it.
Jun 20, 2012 5:16 AM

Jan 2010
needs second season.. We barely know anything about most of the girls..

But anyway, it was a very enjoyable show.. no regrets watching it..
Jun 21, 2012 4:47 PM

Nov 2010
Ahh... finished it in 3 days... Honestly, when I picked it I expected something like K-On. What I got... is ef-like show with GREAT songs in it (Promise and Heart of the Marionette stuck in my head).

I'd like OVAs or even more 2nd season. And yeah, I'd love too a little more focus on other girls.

Too bad I don't own XBox... I want to play a game right now >.<
astroprogs said:
If HF ended up being a single movie, what would it need to do so it can get a high score from all of you?

Not air.
Jun 30, 2012 2:43 PM

Aug 2008
You can import the Ps3 version lol. ^
Jul 9, 2012 10:17 PM

Nov 2011
Great series tbh and I enjoyed this way more than K-On!

Hoping for a season II with the producer and the idols especially Miki, Makoto, and Tabane :>

Stark700Sep 12, 2012 9:23 PM
Aug 11, 2012 5:58 AM

Jul 2012
Well, this series has been really good. The last episode really show how they've gone a long way as idols.

Oh, and the producer did get the wallet from Haruka after all =D
Aug 16, 2012 12:30 PM

Apr 2011
Damn, I miss this anime.

I love this series so much that I never deleted my copy so I can watch all over again.

Even though Shiny Festa OVA's is on its ways, I still wan a 2nd season.
Aug 24, 2012 12:37 AM

Jun 2009
I finished this show within 3 days O.o

Holy crap what a ride it is... 8/10.
Oct 18, 2012 5:05 PM

Jul 2012
This Show was so awesome I really enjoyed the Concert at the end I now want to play Idolm@ster on PS3 9/10
Nov 13, 2012 9:52 PM

Jan 2011
9/10. Hibiki you my girl!
[center]
Dec 1, 2012 9:44 AM

Oct 2011
Really great anime, I didn't expect anything like that when I started the anime..
It has emotions, good drama and really nice singing.. really hard to describe everything..
Jan 11, 2013 8:03 AM

Nov 2011
Such a great anime, honestly I didn't expect much when I first pick this series up based on a whim but I sure glad that I did. This one of the few series I watched that have me liking most of the female casts in it. Usually female characters are either too annoying or so bland that I couldn't care less about them.

Seems like there is a sequel, I'll be sure to watch those too. Maybe I should check out the game as well.

Jan 14, 2013 6:53 PM

Jun 2012
7/10 DAYUM SON
I really wanted to see the president's magic tricks
YOU ROBBED ME OF THAT CRAP TWICE A-1 TWICE
good drama

tl;dr good show imo, hit a few highs, interesting all around :D
~"The place to improve the world is first in one's own heart and head and hands." (Pirsig)

Jan 17, 2013 10:25 AM

Sep 2011
Heartwarming ending. The concert was beautiful, though it should have been longer. I think both of the concerts were equally great. The mix of Ready and Change was also great, I'm amazed how well they sound together.

Before anything else, I haven't played the game before watching this. Though I'm still not planning to, it's just not my taste.

I had some minor problems with the anime here and there, but my biggest problem was that (like a lot of you said) it didn't give enough screentime to a lot of the other characters. Miki, Haruka and Chihaya got plenty. And while their stories were great, I'm still not satisfied with the focus on the others. I would have REALLY liked to get to know people like the twins, Iori and Yayoi more. It's a shame :(
But apart from this I didn't really have any other major problems.
One of the things that bothered me though, was the inclusion of Ritsuko in the openings. I get it that she was an idol once and that she appeared with the girls twice in the anime, but for me this show was about the 12 of them. Imo Ritsuko kind of ruined the otherwise great openings. I know this is kind of nitpicky, but that's just how I felt about it.
My favorites (not in any kind of order) were the twins, Miki and Haruka (and the next 'tier' being Yayoi and Iori). Chihaya was also great, but was kind of annoying sometimes before she became happy, so I can't really count her in. But all of the characters were great, their diversity really stood out and that's what made their unity so amazing :) Producer-san and the others were nice too.
Most of the songs were good, though only some of them were so great that I'm actually gonna listen to. These include Ready, Change (plus the mix of these two) and Rest@rt. I know there are others as well, but I'm gonna have to listen to them again, to decide if I really like it or not.
The comedy was pretty great and the drama was unexpectedly amazing. Especially Haruka and Chihaya's story.

I had a really hard time deciding between 8 and 9, but I ended up choosing a 9 (might change in the future, but probably not for a long time). Which means it was truly special in my eyes and it touched me in a way most anime can't.
This anime was great and beautiful, it was really nice to see them growing from rookies to top idols who are loved by so many people.
If there ever will be a 2nd season I will probably watch it in a heartbeat. But if they really make one, I really hope they will focus on ALL the characters this time one by one. Until then, I'll probably rewatch this sometime in the future :)
RazielZeroApr 26, 2013 1:14 PM
Jan 18, 2013 11:53 PM

Jul 2012
I personally love this series. It's one of the most underrated and beautiful anime I've watched. The characters are mostly likable and charming, and I love the episodes as well. 9.5/10
DawnHibikiJan 21, 2013 10:19 PM
"You don't have to believe in yourself, because I believe in you." - Drax the Destroyer
https://dawnhibiki.carrd.co/

Mirishita ID: L3N93SKX
Discord: DawnHibiki #6454
Apr 4, 2013 7:40 PM
Jul 2012
The iDOLM@STER is one of underrated anime I've watched. I love it so much! 10/10
Apr 7, 2013 9:33 PM

Mar 2013
Ive watched it in 2 days, and i hv to say it surprise me. I didnt thought it would be this good.
In the second half it scaled pretty quickly, and pretty deeps problems start to appear. It even made me cry on the 20. =s

Ah my favorite is Miki, but i also like Chihaya a lot. =)
Apr 20, 2013 12:47 PM

Dec 2008
Yvese said:
Loved this series. I was totally surprised that I enjoyed it so much.

The first half I thought it would just be a typical slice of life moe show ( Which I love ). Second half things started getting serious and even made me cry O_O.

OVerall this show is so underrated. I seriously hope it gets a second season where they focus more on the other girls and not just Chihaya, Miki and Haruka. Need more Hibiki!

10/10 from me. Loved it.
Grefan said:
Ive watched it in 2 days, and i hv to say it surprise me. I didnt thought it would be this good.
In the second half it scaled pretty quickly, and pretty deeps problems start to appear. It even made me cry on the 20. =s

Ah my favorite is Miki, but i also like Chihaya a lot. =)

I also watched this within 2 days.

I admit going into this I wasn't expecting much. I thought it was just going to be a typical slice of life with a little bit of element changes. And while the beginning didn't have me to enthralled it quickly picked up as something I was really enjoying.

The end of the first half and the whole of the second half is what sold me on this and why I will give this a 10/10. I just fell in love with the Idols and their stories.

Favorites are probably Ami & Mami, Hibiki, and Makoto. I was liking Miki-Miki most throughout but there were times when she became just self absorbed which turned me off to her. I still like her but she does give me times where I can't stand the character.

Edit: I loved the Animation during the concerts. Just looked so fluid and flawless. Simply Amazing!
Jun 4, 2013 8:00 AM

Apr 2009
I put it on hold at 7 episode because I thought it's a waste of time. I started watching it again just for that purpose - to waste some time :D but well, in the end, I don't feel like I did that. I'm not a fan of this kind of anime but it was nice to watch it.
Jul 18, 2013 11:30 PM

Jan 2013
7/10
Had it's ups and downs. It was hard to marathon
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » The iDOLM@STER Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Ousto - Jul 21, 2011

83 by gannoncannon55 »»
Apr 23, 6:55 PM

Poll: » The iDOLM@STER Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Hoppy - Jul 14, 2011

93 by gannoncannon55 »»
Apr 22, 9:33 PM

Poll: » The iDOLM@STER Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Hoppy - Jul 7, 2011

192 by gannoncannon55 »»
Apr 19, 9:22 PM

Poll: » The iDOLM@STER Episode 20 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Ousto - Nov 17, 2011

204 by Mat2468xk »»
Mar 10, 1:39 AM

Poll: » The iDOLM@STER Episode 19 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Niyawa - Nov 10, 2011

65 by Mat2468xk »»
Mar 8, 10:51 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.