Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »
Dec 9, 2011 6:15 AM

Oct 2011
I was really shocked at end of the episode
Poor Producer I hope he is okay =(
I'm really beginning to hate Mikki
She is getting on my nerves
Anyway looking forward to the next episode
Hopefully it will have some happy moments in it
Dec 9, 2011 6:19 AM

May 2010
R.I.P. Producer-San LOLOLOLO.Cant wait for Episode 24.

But on my serious side.Miki & Haruka are my fav idols.Twas quite the shokku...
Dec 9, 2011 6:53 AM
Oct 2011
This was the most depressing episode yet. I really felt sorry for Haruka throughout this episode. Everyone is so busy now that they don't have time for her.

But with that said as a Yukiho fan I really loved her performance at Little Match Girl. I hope this means a m@ster version of it soon. XD

On another note, Miki seriously needs to quit acting so selfish. Liked I said in the previous discussion this is why I have started liking Miki less and less throughout the show. Like when she said that "I'm gonna get the lead role no matter what" or something like that. Believe it or not she was in my top 3 heading into anim@s but with her selfish attitude she has fallen off of that list.

Anyway, the ending of the episode was really depressing when the producer fell off the stage trying to save Haruka. So now it looks like Haruka has fallen into depression. :(

5/5
Dec 9, 2011 7:16 AM

Apr 2011
Miki's inability to read the mood, being selfish, and being self-centered is making her less likable.

Also Miki is also a contributing factor of why Haruka is even more depress in depress state. Saying she won't let Haruka have the position of lead role. I know she has a point there, since they're both competing, but it can't help but make her condition worse.

Seeing little match girl was great to see even for the short time thought.

Also, if Producer's injuries, assuming it wasn't serious. Why did the doctors send him to the operating room?
Dec 9, 2011 8:53 AM

Nov 2010
stevewiess01 said:

Now that would put Miki in a really bad light if she really goes over that line and does anything unforgivable even if the series ends with a happy ending, unless the script writer has some kind of grudge against her. In the worst case, she might say something careless that might hurt Haruka's feeling even more, but I don't think she has any malicious intent against her.

Oh, by the way, I think there's a good chance that Touma from Jupiter might give a funeral hospital visit to the Producer,since he still owes him a favor as he was forgiven for what he has done under Kuroi.

Also, there's still the wallet that she needs to give to the Producer as a present, which pretty much guarantees that everything is going to work out nicely at the end. :)

But considering how precious Producer is to Miki, it wouldn't be strange for Miki to possibly lash out on Haruka... When these type of things happen, people tend to become mentally unstable and start to point fingers without consideration. Even more so when the person is important to them. While Miki may not have had any malicious intent, she might hold a grudge against Haruka for what happened to the Producer. But I'm pretty cynical to begin with, so I might be over thinking it.

How would Touma know Producer is in the hospital? O.o Though I've got to admit, it would be pretty interesting. If Touma comes into the picture, maybe he will be able to push Haruka a bit (that might explain why Haruka possibly ran into him a couple of times, first individually, second with Yayoi).

xD Don't forget the the last live! Hope we get an awesome scene! ^^

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Doelass said:
Haruka needs a 5 minutes lesson from me :P.. n i dont think that Miki did anything wrong.. its natural in this business to be as selfish as her.. and for her for not being able to read the atmosphere, its part of her character with all its positives and negatives..

I don't think there was anything with Miki saying she wanted get the part... It's pretty natural... It's just that, is it really that wrong to say to do their best together (as in fighting for the against each other in the best of their abilities) while competing with each other?

Other than that, I believe the part that irks people the most is when Miki interrupted an important discussion between the Producer and Haruka regarding to her depression. There could've been a more better time to talk to the Producer. The accident could've been prevented for the most part, since we saw Haruka was about to say what was she was depressed over, but changed her mind and decided to keep it to herself after Miki interrupted. The discussion between Miki and the Producer gave Haruka to rethink over and decide not to trouble the Producer, since Haruka believes that she is just being "selfish" by wanting to be with everyone again.

On another note, is it really that normal for idols to be selfish? I would have thought that that job would require quite an amount of selflessness, since you are selling yourself as an image to the audience. If you become selfish on the job, you would probably lose it... But then again, Miki is pretty talented all around, so she would probably get off without much issues ^^'... Either way, being selfish is probably a trait that a handful of people won't like regardless of whether it's to expected from an idol.
kuroikishiDec 9, 2011 9:08 AM
Dec 9, 2011 9:16 AM

Mar 2010
kuroikishi said:

How would Touma know Producer is in the hospital? O.o Though I've got to admit, it would be pretty interesting. If Touma comes into the picture, maybe he will be able to push Haruka a bit (that might explain why Haruka possibly ran into him a couple of times, first individually, second with Yayoi).

Well, the accident happened in public with the presence of musical staffs and there's a good chance that the news will get leaked when the Producer-san is producing 9 idols who recently gained significant popularity.

kuroikishi said:

On another note, is it really that normal for idols to be selfish? I would have thought that that job would require quite an amount of selflessness, since you are selling yourself as an image to the audience. If you become selfish on the job, you would probably lose it... But then again, Miki is pretty talented all around, so she would probably get off without much issues ^^'... Either way, being selfish is probably a trait that a handful of people won't like regardless of whether it's to expected from an idol.

I'd like to point out that Miki's "selfish" trait is considered normal in the world the idols, but the strength of 765 production idols was helping each other (and sometimes even sacrificing themselves) when they're in need of help and that's they stood out from other production companies. Besides, I think that concept was the theme of pretty much every episodes in the IM@S anime series..

Dec 9, 2011 9:23 AM

Aug 2010
Well...that was unexpected. I can't really imagine Idolm@ster having a bad end...but it could be done well, so I'm looking forward to whatever they are going to throw at us.

Also...F*** YOU MIKI, I really had enough of you.

5/5.
Dec 9, 2011 9:40 AM

Jun 2008
Just when I thought I finally able to "see and hear" Little Match Girl in the anime, just to find that it's overshadowed by heavy drama...

Visit this blog That I'm working with my friend
http://randomnessthing.com/
Dec 9, 2011 10:13 AM

Jul 2011
Miki is my favorite of them all. I really hope that picture floating on 2ch isn't true.
Dec 9, 2011 10:25 AM

Aug 2010
Awesome episode, Haruka was cute and the scene before she almost falls looked very fluid; and producer was pretty nice back there ^^. Cant say i hate Miki but if on the next episode she rages and blames Haruka then...yeah wouldnt be nice :/

5/5 loved the episode

Also, really want to hear Little Match Girl, guess we'll have to wait for ANIMATION MASTER 07 on end of January, right?
Dec 9, 2011 10:39 AM

Jun 2008
Hakurouken said:

Also, really want to hear Little Match Girl, guess we'll have to wait for ANIMATION MASTER 07 on end of January, right?

well, you can always see the "Game version" for now.

Visit this blog That I'm working with my friend
http://randomnessthing.com/
Dec 9, 2011 11:25 AM

Jan 2011
Actually I was thinking this would have happened in the previous episode.. Like when Producer and Miki were on their way to the Christmas party. And something about Miki changing her apperance afterward.
Dec 9, 2011 12:32 PM

May 2007
Another uncharacteristic cliffhanger episode. First Chihaya and now Haruka. She must felt very guilty about everything. I'm sure they can turn it around in the next two eps.
Dec 9, 2011 12:33 PM

Aug 2008
Fuck this ep..

fuck it ;____;
Dec 9, 2011 1:17 PM

Jul 2008
Poor Haruka =[ She just wants everyone to spend time together and be idols and have fun!

I understand why Miki said she wanted to work separately because she wanted the lead, but awww for Haruka.
Dec 9, 2011 2:27 PM

May 2011
Not expecting this. I really feel sorry for haruka the days leading up to the concert and wanting to see and practice with everyone, but couldn't with their schedules so busy. Then at the rehearsal, I don't want to say it, but miki added to it.

Looking forward to the next two episodes and how they'll end this.
Dec 9, 2011 2:50 PM

Jan 2010
'_' "Speechless" (Did not see that coming)
What's next? Amnesia???
'-'
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 9, 2011 3:01 PM

Jan 2011
didn't notice how deep that fall was til i looked at it again lately this show has become alot more depressing then the whole *happy joy nothing bad ever happens* in the first few episodes of the season ;_; these are dark days for Haruka.
Dec 9, 2011 3:04 PM

Jan 2011
Matheine said:
'_' "Speechless" (Did not see that coming)
What's next? Amnesia???
'-'

Let's see what could be the worst thing that happens when you have to operate on someone who fell a couple stories down a hole?

Could be a vegetable in a nice suit...

And for Miki...

Dec 9, 2011 3:09 PM

Jan 2009
Broduceeeeeeeeer ;_;
Man, poor Haruka. She must be feeling really bad after all this.
With the director from ep 20 returning for next week I can't wait to see the finale of this arc.
Dec 9, 2011 3:31 PM
Dec 2007
Mogami-kun said:
Well...that was unexpected. I can't really imagine Idolm@ster having a bad end...but it could be done well, so I'm looking forward to whatever they are going to throw at us.

Also...F*** YOU MIKI, I really had enough of you.

5/5.
Agreed. She stands out as the one idol out of all 12 of them that's completely and utterly selfish. Everyone else at least tries to keep an adequate amount of camaderie and friendship. If Haruka had been competing against Chihaya I'm sure Chihaya would have nodded back at Haruka's words and agreed to try her best no matter who gets the role. They are friends after all. But no, Miki just wants to impress her Honey.

Dec 9, 2011 3:58 PM

Aug 2010
Well... I have a feeling that they will all bounce back.
Dec 9, 2011 5:37 PM

Jul 2010
2 things, I can remember this anime starting out and having like a 6.7 rating and its grown into the 7's oh i'm so proud of my little Idol anime. Other than that, fun seein Yukiho shine a bit in her solo. Depressed Haruka isn't that bad and I still really like Miki even if she seems selfish andddddddddddd at the end I was hoping big letters in red bloody format would slowly appear in black saying BAD END. lol, but anways its almost over... oh noes D:
Dec 9, 2011 6:09 PM

Aug 2011
Poor Haruka...through the whole episode i felt so srry for her and then that happens in the end...:'( why does she hav to go through so much. And I thought the breaking point would hav been when Miki said they shuldnt work together but wow
Dec 9, 2011 6:37 PM

Aug 2008
I also don't get the hate for Miki in this ep. I found it perfectly okay for her to want that lead role really badly.
Dec 9, 2011 7:05 PM

Sep 2008
So ends the tale of the Producer.
And everyone lived happily ever after.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 9, 2011 7:35 PM
Apr 2008
destructo22 said:
I also don't get the hate for Miki in this ep. I found it perfectly okay for her to want that lead role really badly.

Personally, my problem with her in this episode wasn't about the fact that she wanted the lead role - that's natural. My problem was the fact that she treated Haruka as if she were just a rival, and not her friend. It's possible to support each other and still compete for the same goal... :/

And that is why, overall, I hate Miki. Not that she wants to 'be the best' - it's the fact that she acts like an entitled brat and 'it's ok' because she's 'cute'. The fanbase arguing that her behavior is natural in her profession doesn't help, either.

Like Leon-Gun said - if it was Chihaya that Haruka was working with, she would have agreed and been a supportive friend while they both did their best to try and snag the lead.
Insert fancy signature here.
Dec 9, 2011 8:24 PM

Feb 2008
I don't hate Miki that's her personality, you can't just simple changed the way she is.

Haruka such a sweet girl but sure can feel lonely sometimes, if she had someone important person that care for her and she could talk with she probably will feel better, but now Producent-san fall down she going to feel even worst and believe all was her fault.
She quit idol and can't force to smile anymore.
Probably in the end of next episode it will solved again.

Come on in the previous it's only show 3 scenes.

Nothing ventured, nothing gained (Girls und Panzer der Film ) / from Nishizumi Miho

Dec 9, 2011 9:09 PM

Jan 2011
stevewiess01 said:
Here are some pictures that are floating around in 2ch...

Obviously photoshop

But still lol

Was eating the whole time I was watching. The ending made me forget about chewing though and I choked haha.
Dec 9, 2011 9:11 PM

Jan 2010
BioPi said:
stevewiess01 said:
Here are some pictures that are floating around in 2ch...

Obviously photoshop

But still lol

Was eating the whole time I was watching. The ending made me forget about chewing though and I choked haha.

Uhh...well yeah of course it's photoshop, wth else would it be >_>
Dec 9, 2011 9:57 PM

Jun 2011
Blackbird said:
I don't hate Miki that's her personality, you can't just simple changed the way she is.

Haruka such a sweet girl but sure can feel lonely sometimes, if she had someone important person that care for her and she could talk with she probably will feel better, but now Producent-san fall down she going to feel even worst and believe all was her fault.
She quit idol and can't force to smile anymore.
Probably in the end of next episode it will solved again.

Come on in the previous it's only show 3 scenes.

Ya really agree with u as thats just Miki attitude and they cant change that like the same can be said for Haruka in that she wants to spend time with the other idols which can be seen as selfish as well to others and they also cant change that it depends on how people see it.

Btw that 2ch pictures made me LOL rather than feeling sad
Dec 9, 2011 10:08 PM

May 2008
Dec 10, 2011 12:51 AM
Aug 2010
Yes! This is exactly what I was waiting for to happen, I cant wait for the next episode, however I don't see a good ending with only 2 episodes left they gonna rush it
And what's with the credits? I thought it was the last episode cause of it lol
daikafoeDec 10, 2011 12:56 AM
Dec 10, 2011 2:05 AM

Mar 2011
This episode is like the one w/ chihaya full of :(

and I feel bad for haruka...she just wanted to be w/ her friends :/

and I'm still hoping for a lovely concert on episode 25....dedicated to the producer(alive or not :p)

Dec 10, 2011 2:24 AM
Aug 2011
What a great last episode! Who would have thought they would end up killing the producer. What a twist!
Dec 10, 2011 5:38 AM

Aug 2010
I totally did not see that ending coming at all! I honestly don't think it's anyone's fault because the Producer would have done the same thing for any of the girls. It was just an unfortunate accident. Miki's reaction to Haruka could go either way in my opinion because of how stuck she is on Producer. She may be a bit spoiled and self centered but I don't think she's a bad person.

Haruka seemed like the most well adjusted character but in reality she is the worst off because she always wants to pretend that nothing is wrong or she thinks she will burden people if she talks about her true feelings. I mean it's understandable she feels lonely now that everyone is so busy and wishes they could all be together but she needs to realize with success comes sacrifice.

I see the ending being them putting on the concert and it being awesome and the Producer NOT being dead or anything. Probably just backstage in a wheelchair.
Dec 10, 2011 6:08 AM

Aug 2008
kaitota said:
destructo22 said:

Personally, my problem with her in this episode wasn't about the fact that she wanted the lead role - that's natural. My problem was the fact that she treated Haruka as if she were just a rival, and not her friend. It's possible to support each other and still compete for the same goal... :/

And that is why, overall, I hate Miki. Not that she wants to 'be the best' - it's the fact that she acts like an entitled brat and 'it's ok' because she's 'cute'. The fanbase arguing that her behavior is natural in her profession doesn't help, either.

Like Leon-Gun said - if it was Chihaya that Haruka was working with, she would have agreed and been a supportive friend while they both did their best to try and snag the lead.
There is obviously a conflict of ideals here. I see what you mean, but I would find it hard to fight to the end for the lead role while at the same time still supporting your opposition. Miki is able to do stuff on her own, while Haruka still yearns for some friendly connection to keep herself going. So, I didn't find her mean at all towards. In fact, I see it as helping Haruka, in a sense, overcome her need of dependency.

This is where I think Haruka's strong point of her preserving the good ol' "danketsu" of 765PRO is also her downfall. They're not always gonna be together, and I think Haruka needs to realize it.
destructo22Dec 10, 2011 6:15 AM
Dec 10, 2011 7:08 AM

Nov 2011
It saddens me that this show is slowly coming to an end. Any idea if there will be a season 2?
Dec 10, 2011 7:53 AM
Apr 2008
destructo22 said:
There is obviously a conflict of ideals here. I see what you mean, but I would find it hard to fight to the end for the lead role while at the same time still supporting your opposition. Miki is able to do stuff on her own, while Haruka still yearns for some friendly connection to keep herself going. So, I didn't find her mean at all towards. In fact, I see it as helping Haruka, in a sense, overcome her need of dependency.

This is where I think Haruka's strong point of her preserving the good ol' "danketsu" of 765PRO is also her downfall. They're not always gonna be together, and I think Haruka needs to realize it.

About Haruka: Definitely. But, just because I think she needs to realize that fact, I don't think it condemns the way Miki spoke to her. She could have just as easily simply said "Do your best" or "Let's do our best" and left it at that.

When it comes down to it, what bothers me is the fact that Miki is supposed to be Haruka's friend. Had it been someone she barely knew or someone from outside of the group acting that way, it wouldn't be an issue, I think.

BUT, then where would the end-game drama be? :] Someone needed to drive the final nail intoProducer's the coffin.
Insert fancy signature here.
Dec 10, 2011 8:15 AM
Jun 2011
He dies? My god.
(shakes) no...
It can't be.
That black ending, it's all over isn't it?

(choke)
I go by many names, some call me Hoshimaru, others call me Jiro or Aosou-Kun.
I believe myself a force for good, a papercrafter by trade, and one who seeks love and beauty animesque.

I am the host of the youtube show Who Would You Do?
Dec 10, 2011 8:30 AM
Jun 2011
GreenLink said:
Miki is my favorite of them all. I really hope that picture floating on 2ch isn't true.

I think that'd be the end of the line for me.

I'm a coward and a bleeding heart, destined to turn my back on most anime at the first sign of trouble.

I wouldn't blame Miki, least of all Haruka.
If I could get inside there, if only I could tell her it ould be okay no matter what, then no matter the ending I could be at peace.
Haruka's such a sweet girl, she doesn't deserve to have that on her conscience for the rest of her life.
I go by many names, some call me Hoshimaru, others call me Jiro or Aosou-Kun.
I believe myself a force for good, a papercrafter by trade, and one who seeks love and beauty animesque.

I am the host of the youtube show Who Would You Do?
Dec 10, 2011 8:36 AM

May 2011
I cried when watching the last scene...PRODUCER-SAN!! *sobs* I want to fricken kill Miki...she is so selfish and she just wants "Honey" Pro-san to be with her. I like the sleepy Miki better..since she is "awaken" now..she drives people nuts. I hope Pro-san is alright :( this and the next episode will be the saddest.
Dec 10, 2011 9:38 AM

Nov 2011
anyone know when the ost will be released?? the music when Haruka was walking alone in the bridge is really addictive.. :P

AND i really wonder why most (if not all) of you taking Haruka's side and start cursing poor Miki..
from my view, Haruka is weak.. she is unable to face the changes for being an idol.. she feels lonely and missing the old days when she was supporting and supported by others.. she have to face what being an idol means.. she have to remember her dream and not give up on her feelings..right now everyone is going on their own way, they change and aim for their dreams.. she have to realize that and start doing the same.. feeling lonely and unable to change wont do anything.. and i really think that she wanted to stop being an idol :P

"I'll sing! On behalf of my proud dream!" .. from this line next episode.. after she stands up on her feet, she will say it proudly and take the lead of course..... well.. my own guess..

Dec 10, 2011 10:28 AM

Jul 2010
Holy Shit.

This episode shocked me alot.

I'm sure miki's lost alot of fans already (including me)

Hope producer's alright or this is gonna turn real depressing ;(
Dec 10, 2011 11:16 AM

Dec 2009
Haruka is stealing all of Miki's fans

I love this show. Now all we need is an epic moment where Haruka gets over herself and is followed by a hotblooded singing number. C'MON GAINAX THIS IS WHAT YOU'RE GOOD AT
Dec 10, 2011 12:55 PM

Jul 2010
Haruka's trying so hard to keep the group together despite everyone having their own schedules. She isn't looking at it realistically. She values the time they spend together so much that she can't take it anymore. All her proposals are getting turned down and nobody can make it to the scheduled rehearsals either. You can see her getting more down and down every time it happens.

On top of that the show "Are We Live?!" got cancelled and Miki will most likely end up getting the main role (she was being selfish too!) in the musical because Haruka was worrying so much and just wasn't herself.

But of course the main thing is the Producer falling down the lift-shaft trying to save Haruka! Now Haruka will also be feeling guilty on top of all her sadness lately. Poor Haruka. =(

Dec 10, 2011 1:59 PM

Jan 2009
HOLY CRAP. These guys are not fucking around.

This is turning into one of my favorite shows this season. I love how it started out as a basic slice-of-life show and then turned into something with so much character development and drama. Here's to a second season!
Dec 10, 2011 2:09 PM

Aug 2008
kaitota said:
destructo22 said:

About Haruka: Definitely. But, just because I think she needs to realize that fact, I don't think it condemns the way Miki spoke to her. She could have just as easily simply said "Do your best" or "Let's do our best" and left it at that.

When it comes down to it, what bothers me is the fact that Miki is supposed to be Haruka's friend. Had it been someone she barely knew or someone from outside of the group acting that way, it wouldn't be an issue, I think.

BUT, then where would the end-game drama be? :] Someone needed to drive the final nail intoProducer's the coffin.
Saying that would be frontin. And no one likes frontin lol. Miki keeps it real.

But yeah, we always need that drama!
Dec 10, 2011 5:55 PM
Dec 2007
Onyxthegreat said:
Haruka's trying so hard to keep the group together despite everyone having their own schedules. She isn't looking at it realistically. She values the time they spend together so much that she can't take it anymore. All her proposals are getting turned down and nobody can make it to the scheduled rehearsals either. You can see her getting more down and down every time it happens.

On top of that the show "Are We Live?!" got cancelled and Miki will most likely end up getting the main role (she was being selfish too!) in the musical because Haruka was worrying so much and just wasn't herself.

But of course the main thing is the Producer falling down the lift-shaft trying to save Haruka! Now Haruka will also be feeling guilty on top of all her sadness lately. Poor Haruka. =(
IMO she was being as realistic as possible, she even stopped Chihaya from postponing her overseas plans. The whole problem is how everyone except Chihaya and Haruka just blindly kept accepting new jobs and prioritizing their individual events rather than the concert. It's not even like Haruka was making unreasonable demands here, the concert is an scheduled event and as members of 765 their schedules should have been handled appropiately in order to make it work. It's not like the concert was a last minute thing or something not related to their career like the Xmas party.

I think the biggest blow to Haruka was the cancellation of the program (due to industry greed no-less) and Miki's blunt and unnecesary aggresive answer to a vulnerable and strained Haruka (it's not like it was hard to notice she was tired and needed some friendly rivalry, not an "I'll beat you down" relationship).

Dec 10, 2011 6:10 PM
Dec 2011
This was one heck of an episode...Started off all nice and happy and kinda went down the tubes bit by bit as the episode went along, ending with that horrible accident.

Here's my two cents on Miki and Haruka, not that its necessary worth all that much. Miki and Haruka are my number 1 and 2 idols, and I like both of them despite their individual faults, so please keep in mind that I'm not going to be bashing either for the sake of bashing.

Miki was simply being Miki when she told Haruka that they couldn't work together to get the lead role. Ever since episode 13 where Miki did those two songs back-to-back and gave the idols a huge boost of energy and confidence, she realized that she could indeed shine on stage despite not being in Ryuuguu Komachi (sp?), and that this was directly due to the Producer. Thus, her calling him "Honey" all the time, and her desire to both shine even brighter as well as to make him happy/proud. Naturally, when presented with such a great opportunity with the lead role to shine brighter for her "Honey," she had no intention on holding back. Granted, she was tactless in how she got this idea across to Haruka, and I agree that she could have been nicer, but once again, Miki is Miki. In all actuality, I'm surprised that her infatuation with him didn't cause problems before this; in previous episodes, she kept referring to her "Honey" on TV, and I half-expected this to end up as another one of President Kuroi's scandal-attempts. Regardless, I also agree with the comments that she failed to read the atmosphere when Haruka was talking to the Producer, but consider it from her view: she saw her favorite person sitting there, probably not having seen him for at least a day or two, and thus she went over to say hi. Does it completely excuse her from causing problems? Heck no. But, I also don't think it is right to completely villainize her.

As for Haruka, she's definitely not innocent either. Throughout the whole series, she has been constantly trying to keep the gang together, and for a while, it worked. This was the theme last episode, remember, and their Christmas party barely ended up including all of them. In fact, it was only due to the Producer rearranging schedules that the whole crew ended up being there. You would think that she learned her lesson then that times were changing and that from now on the group would be nearly impossible to get together for events. Apparently not, as this episode was more of the same, except hammered in more and more throughout the episode. Haruka kept getting more and more depressed with each cancelled or short-staffed practice, and she tried multiple times to cheer herself up, but by the end she was obviously depressed. When Producer tried to talk to her about it, she tried to ignore it and run away, which led to the big accident. Did Miki play a part in this situation? I don't think that Miki's earlier comment about not working together really had much to do with it, and to be honest, even if Miki hadn't interrupted Haruka's conversation with the Producer, I think Haruka would have probably stopped herself anyway, though perhaps the accident may not have happened. Who knows.

Another random point I just thought of, am I the only one who sees this, or is Haruka jealous of Miki's relationship with the Producer? Last episode she was all set to give Producer that new wallet, and yet after Miki's award/present to the Producer, she backed off. While she obviously didn't want to spoil the excitement of Miki's award, why couldn't she have given the wallet to him later in the evening or something? Could just be me reading way too far into it, but it seemed like this episode was a natural continuation of this, with Miki trying to obtain the lead role for "Honey," and Miki and Haruka both paying extra attention to the Producer in recent episodes. I'm interested in hearing what you guys have to say about this idea.

Sorry for the wall of text, but seemed like there was a lot of Miki hate, and I felt it necessary to point out that both Miki and Haruka were at fault this episode. Thanks for taking the time to read all of it! :D
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » The iDOLM@STER Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Ousto - Jul 21, 2011

83 by gannoncannon55 »»
Apr 23, 6:55 PM

Poll: » The iDOLM@STER Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Hoppy - Jul 14, 2011

93 by gannoncannon55 »»
Apr 22, 9:33 PM

Poll: » The iDOLM@STER Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Hoppy - Jul 7, 2011

192 by gannoncannon55 »»
Apr 19, 9:22 PM

Poll: » The iDOLM@STER Episode 20 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Ousto - Nov 17, 2011

204 by Mat2468xk »»
Mar 10, 1:39 AM

Poll: » The iDOLM@STER Episode 19 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Niyawa - Nov 10, 2011

65 by Mat2468xk »»
Mar 8, 10:51 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.