Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Aug 6, 2008 10:53 PM

Jul 2008
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Saw this RAW. I have finally understood the following: Sora's power seem to be centered more on destruction than benefit. The problem I believe lies in her attitude and feelings. First case in this episode shows that instead reconstructing the article, she burns it! The second example is the healing but I though certain laws from the first season tell that magic to interfere in the physical damage is forbidden?? The point is that she healed the person bu destroyed their memory or at least parts of it. After it's obvious the feelings of regret reinstated themselves in her. Though I think she has good magic in general 70% is destruction magic.
Oops! I appear to be incapable of following Rules 16 and 17, so I had to have a mod change my sig for me.
Aug 14, 2008 10:08 PM

Oct 2007
Dont watch the raw anymore .... you didnt understand a thing :P ...
In the first case ... since she does not have enough experience she chould not control her magical powers and almost destroyed the object ; In the second case she was hired for a awakening , not a healing ... as a result in the awakening case she performed the magic very well and at the specifications of the client ... but that left her a bitter taste since she chould not awaken her with her memories also .
About the animation ... its starting to bugg me this type of picture background with no movement .... it makes it look realistic but makes it numb and lifeless at the same time ... to many not animated parts and no action ...

overall ... the sound is good ... that's kind of all i can say about this episode ... or even the entire series up to this point :))) ... harsh but true
DarknessAngelAug 14, 2008 10:37 PM
Aug 15, 2008 3:32 AM

Jul 2008
DarknessAngel said:
Dont watch the raw anymore .... you didnt understand a thing :P ...
In the first case ... since she does not have enough experience she chould not control her magical powers and almost destroyed the object ; In the second case she was hired for a awakening , not a healing ... as a result in the awakening case she performed the magic very well and at the specifications of the client ... but that left her a bitter taste since she chould not awaken her with her memories also .
About the animation ... its starting to bugg me this type of picture background with no movement .... it makes it look realistic but makes it numb and lifeless at the same time ... to many not animated parts and no action ...

overall ... the sound is good ... that's kind of all i can say about this episode ... or even the entire series up to this point :))) ... harsh but true

-The first that may be the cause but originally if one want to reconstruct a object but if one has destruction immediately take its place then one has tendency of destruction more than anything.
-Perhaps the second is also true but I also have precision that such as the wake up spell she performs, it was in the best reason to the people's request that they wanted healing and could not stand the mother being asleep any longer. So in order to heal their own sorrows they wanted to wake her up. Sora could have done better than that but that is why she put herself down because she could not do more than that, also she may been extremely empathic but also riddled with her own complexes.

-Your view on the art is more of personal opinion so I may not agree with it but thank you for sharing.
Oops! I appear to be incapable of following Rules 16 and 17, so I had to have a mod change my sig for me.
Aug 30, 2008 3:57 PM

Feb 2008
i felt very sorry for Sora :(
but i'm glad they included an episode like this.
Sep 12, 2008 2:49 AM
Anime DB Admin
BACK FOR MORE?

Jan 2007
Still a nice episode. Can't wait to see more things that Sora can do.

staff.applications  
guidelines.faq 

report.abuse  

thx.skittles  
thx.kina 

[H+] ³  
Sep 12, 2008 10:27 AM
Sep 2007
That shows us why they're not using magic on all the patients in hospitals, I guess.
Sep 17, 2008 4:53 AM

Jan 2008
A nice episode, do your best Sora!
Jul 19, 2011 5:50 PM

Nov 2010
when i heard that song near the end by the blond lady i was thinking: this sounds familiar. then it hit me i remember hearing this on the pillows 2004 album good dreams. it was the title song. upon doing some further research i found out this song was originally sang by the roosters in 1984. this isn't all that surprising given the fact that a couple of the pillows' songs were played on beck another show directed by osamu.
You are null and void!
Mar 12, 2012 3:24 AM

Sep 2011
Nothing special really happened in this episode, though I did like the ending because it showed us that magic isn't perfect so you shouldn't rely on it.
Sep 24, 2012 5:08 AM

Sep 2012
So... Gouta will observe Sora and her magic when she's depressed. It's going to be nice to see.
Jun 16, 2014 3:36 PM

May 2012
Magic is indeed not perfect :/ pretty nice episode though.
Jun 19, 2014 8:51 PM

Jan 2013
Better episode then the last 2.
Really love the insert songs from that girl. Want to see Sora meet her.
Magic is really versatile in this anime.
You'd think it would be used more in hospital. Should of woke her up day 2 from her coma not over a year later.
Oct 30, 2014 8:55 AM

Nov 2011
That was a NIIIIIIIIIICE episode. Sheeeeeit, that felt so much better than Beck. I'm liking this Sei guy. The laid-back atmosphere is what Slice-of-Life is about. The way everyone's so casual with each other, oh man. We need more Slice-of-Life like this.

10 points for Sei×Sora team.

Gouta and Sora are getting along well. He's laughing and smiling a lot now. This is good stuff maaaaan.

Though I really question the magic. Just what the fuck are the limits??? She brought back a person from a coma for Christ's Virginity. What the hell was that??? Did she lose her memory because it was "revival" magic as Sei said? Or was it because Sora's magic isn't good enough?
zetsu_shorenOct 30, 2014 9:02 AM
Jan 31, 2016 1:37 PM

Jul 2014
I love insert songs in this anime. They are beautiful :-)

So Gouta finally starts to believe magic can be something good, but instead Sora starts to doubt in sense of using magic? It should be interesting to see how it will develop.
May 24, 2017 7:20 AM

Mar 2016
You need to revive your comatose wife? Here, let the trainee do it. Oh, she fucked up and your family is in turmoil? Ha, that's magic for you, it cant do everything.

Seriously, this anime is overall pretty well balanced, but when it needs to get serious, the writing really shits the bed. The whole scene with the vault in the other episode was a cluster fuck as well. The first anime in this 'universe' does a much better job of getting the 'limitations of magic' thing across, and so far is a much better anime.
syncrogazerMay 24, 2017 7:42 AM
Sep 21, 2022 7:12 PM

Nov 2018
The cheap photography backgrounds, throw in the cinematography and how the panning works. The powerpoint tier fade in and fade outs that not even latin american soap operas use. Lots of awkward stills where I feel some sort of unnerving universal silence. The setting, plots and characters are really uninteresting compared to its predecessor.

It has good songs, a nice sight into one of the first KanaHana main character interpretation of hers. Finally great character animation but really mundane and I mean MUNDANE designs, not even filled with life sort of mundane like in the previous series or other slice of life series.

A true waste of my afternoon and night I've found here. I didn't write anything around the first series because I really just found myself enjoying it and flowing alongside in the three nights it took me to watch it, finding little to nothing to complain about. This one though? Dropped.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Mahou Tsukai ni Taisetsu na Koto ~Natsu no Sora~ Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 )

angel999 - Sep 25, 2008

68 by ProxyLain »»
Oct 4, 2023 7:46 PM

Poll: » Mahou Tsukai ni Taisetsu na Koto ~Natsu no Sora~ Episode 11 Discussion

angel999 - Sep 18, 2008

20 by ProxyLain »»
Oct 4, 2023 7:27 PM

Poll: » Mahou Tsukai ni Taisetsu na Koto ~Natsu no Sora~ Episode 6 Discussion

lostty - Aug 26, 2008

11 by ProxyLain »»
Sep 22, 2023 10:58 PM

Poll: » Mahou Tsukai ni Taisetsu na Koto ~Natsu no Sora~ Episode 3 Discussion

angel999 - Jul 16, 2008

28 by ProxyLain »»
Sep 12, 2023 3:02 PM

Poll: » Mahou Tsukai ni Taisetsu na Koto ~Natsu no Sora~ Episode 9 Discussion

angel999 - Sep 4, 2008

25 by bucciest »»
Dec 28, 2022 8:55 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.