Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (10) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »
Oct 29, 2011 9:05 PM
Jun 2009
DesolateOne said:

Woah, where'd you get this from? That's interesting. Never thought they'd explain what would happen if the servants were to be without masters.

The game have menus with other servants skills and stuff it gets filled as you go

Really loved it so far, if staynight was full of kids and boring housekeeping scenes zero is real talk with alot of pewpew.
Oct 29, 2011 9:18 PM

Aug 2011
Kite0207 said:
DesolateOne said:

Woah, where'd you get this from? That's interesting. Never thought they'd explain what would happen if the servants were to be without masters.

The game have menus with other servants skills and stuff it gets filled as you go

Really loved it so far, if staynight was full of kids and boring housekeeping scenes zero is real talk with alot of pewpew.
I liked F/SN and everything, but F/Z is the manliest shit I've seen in a long time. Fuck being a saiyan, I want a servant!
Oct 29, 2011 9:25 PM

Oct 2010
No one did the Berserker GIF? Well I did in the spoiler
That is most awesome, CGI and what not he looks freaking bad ass. I can kind of sympathize with the bitching about the CGI because it would be better if Berserker would be human instead robotic but who cares, I don’t mind it. There is more later in the club if I have time to make them.
Yumekichi11Oct 29, 2011 9:33 PM

- BLOG - My Club- Easiest way to reach the rest of my thoughts!
Oct 29, 2011 9:25 PM

Dec 2010
RaznAzn said:
Berserker has some epic skills!

Statistically, he was the superior among all the servants that were present this episode. And he survived being steamrolled by Rider's noble phantasm, which should speak volumes for his endurance.

Also, fucking ew. Poor Kariya can't catch a break. Though I did find his laughter really cute. Absolutely insane but adorable someone-has-to-save-me-from-these-goddamn-worms-thats-eating-me-alive kind of way.
Oct 29, 2011 9:28 PM

Dec 2010
Yumekichi11 said:
No one did the Berserker GIF? Well I did in the spoiler That is most awesome, CGI and what not he looks freaking bad ass. I can kind of sympathize with the bitching about the CGI because it would be better if Lancelot would be human instead robotic but who cares, I don’t mind it. There is more later in the club if I have time to make them.

Very nice GIF!

Oct 29, 2011 9:29 PM

Aug 2011
Yumekichi11 said:
No one did the Berserker GIF? Well I did in the spoiler That is most awesome, CGI and what not he looks freaking bad ass. I can kind of sympathize with the bitching about the CGI because it would be better if BAHSAHKAH would be human instead robotic but who cares, I don’t mind it. There is more later in the club if I have time to make them.
Cover that spoiler for the love of god. That's a kickass gif, though.
Oct 29, 2011 9:33 PM

Oct 2010
LaLaLaidarR said:
Yumekichi11 said:
No one did the Berserker GIF? Well I did in the spoiler That is most awesome, CGI and what not he looks freaking bad ass. I can kind of sympathize with the bitching about the CGI because it would be better if BAHSAHKAH would be human instead robotic but who cares, I don’t mind it. There is more later in the club if I have time to make them.
I did, oops. I though it was understood in this episode already.

Any chance then that Berserker's true self past may be revealed later on?

Oct 29, 2011 9:42 PM
Dec 2008
oh god best episode of the year
this is truly one of the best series ive watched of all time
by the end i think it will be my number 1..
Oct 29, 2011 9:43 PM

Aug 2011
Yumekichi11 said:
LaLaLaidarR said:
Yumekichi11 said:

From what I've heard the show is supposed to play out almost exactly like the novels so berserker's identity should be revealed the same way it was in the source material. However, I haven't read the novels so I can't vouch for how accurate the show is so far. If anybody here has read them and would like to tell me how faithful the adaption is, feel free.
Oct 29, 2011 9:55 PM

Nov 2007
oh wow that was awesome. 2 command seals used already? uh oh

Beserker was pretty sick, and seemed a better match for Gilgamesh than the F/SN.

Iskander is still the best. now that's a king.
Oct 29, 2011 9:56 PM

Oct 2008
ringoo4 said:
I call this the best episode of the year.

and, Fuck you, Studio DEEN.

BERSERKER FTW! \m/
((And everyone's into Saber, yes?))
Oct 29, 2011 9:59 PM

Aug 2010
Cool battle, this show should just keep doing more of that.
Oct 29, 2011 10:06 PM
May 2010
Nachtwandler_21 said:
Ha. Caster mistook Saber for Jeanne d'Arc(he was her squire during the war)

When I first came across Fate Stay/Night years ago, I thought she was Jeanne d'Arc as well. 8D Imagine when she and Arturia get to battle. *insert fangasm here*

Great episode as usual. So glad ufotable is doing things right. This is how you do it, Studio DEEN! Take some fucking notes.
Oct 29, 2011 10:08 PM

Apr 2008
Another phenomenal episode of F/Z! This is not even in the same era as F/SN in terms of quality, dropped F/SN after 4 episodes, started playing the VN - Best decision ever. Course i kinda got spoiled about certain characters, but it's no biggie.

Man Lancer's Master is an ass, you should have taken the shot Kiritsugu!

Iskander is still so amazingly GAR to watch, Gilgamesh is the guy you love to hate. CG Berserker is also fine too.

So far i prefer:
F/SN Assassin over F/Z Assassin
F/Z Berserker over F/SN Berserker
F/Z Caster over F/SN Caster
F/Z Lancer over F/SN Lancer
F/Z Rider over F/SN Rider

4.5/5
My Blog: Oasis Crossing ~The Book of Friends~

Forum Avatar: Fram Nara from Gundam AGE
Oct 29, 2011 10:15 PM
Jul 2018
webkid94 said:
Actually,
Oct 29, 2011 10:17 PM

Dec 2010
DesolateOne said:
Holy fuck. Berserker is incredible.

So Tokiomi is controlling two servants? Gilgamesh and Assasin? How does that work?

Amazing fight scenes like always.

Caster at the end was creepy as fuck...lol

Kirei still has discretion of Assassin. However him and Tokiomi are still allies, since the failed infiltration of Tohsaka was jsut a ploy.

And yes, isn't Berserker just wunderbar? He can turn anything into a weapon due to his master of arms trait.

Also yes, caster is creeper as all fucking hell. Isn't him and ryunosuke just huggable?
Oct 29, 2011 10:19 PM

Nov 2007
Aww Mai Gawd. What did I just see?!

Berserker just stomped on Gilgamesh's pride. That was one helluva fight!

Bloody caster stay away from my saber :@

So far my favourites are
Saber
Berserker
Rider
Lancer
Archer
Assassin

And I hate Caster.
Stay Home and Wash Your Hands.
Protect Yourself. Protect Your Loved Ones.
Protect Your Community and Help Defeat
Coronavirus.
Oct 29, 2011 10:19 PM

Aug 2011
This show went from awesome to Godly. This episode was epic in many ways.

Again, Gilgamesh what a badass prick he is. Absolutely love it. That's a charm you don't find often in anime. I think Greed from FMA:B was something similar to him. I can't wait for this show to develop in stories.
Oct 29, 2011 10:20 PM

Oct 2010
Another thing, is that I lost my appetite because of the following spoiler
people should learn not to eat during this series.

On the other hand WTF is going to happen to him if he keeps ejecting those worms out? One thing for sure is that the trigger was mainly due to the worms being man hungry and Berseker draining most of his mana for his fight against Saber.

Is that correct as to the reason why he went sick.

BTW that was fucking disgusting to watch and eat. I was enjoying the food with the fight though.
PikachuXD said:
webkid94 said:
Actually,
Kind of like Accelerator in Index?

Oct 29, 2011 10:21 PM
Dec 2007
Kite0207 said:
DesolateOne said:

The game have menus with other servants skills and stuff it gets filled as you go.
Gilgamesh, under Tokiomi, has Independent Action A which means he can remain in the world for 1 week. His Independent Action increases to A+ because of the effects of the "incident" at the end of the War. Barring that event from happening all Servants need a Master from the current time period in order for Gaia to recognize them as natural entities. Otherwise they're swiftly eliminated as alien elements. It doesn't even have to do with the amount of prana, although lacking prana does also make Servants disappear.

Oct 29, 2011 10:44 PM

Jul 2010
Frenz said:
Hard to believe they are going to be able to fit this in a 13 episode series, going great so far.

it's 26 ep, split into s1 and s2. S2 will begin showing next april
オタクなんじゃねぃよ
I'm not an otaku.
Oct 29, 2011 11:05 PM

Jun 2011
EPIC!!!!!!!!
nothing else can describe this episode :D
berserk is totally badass!!! my favorite servant from now on :]
Oct 29, 2011 11:17 PM

Aug 2010
This episode was fucking epic. Berserker is so badass.

Gilgamesh is the best as usual. It's nice to see him get pissed, hopefully I finally get to see him serious in this show. Honestly all the servants are good so far.

Looks like we got a glimpse of the servants powers.
Ragna92Oct 29, 2011 11:32 PM
Oct 29, 2011 11:42 PM

Feb 2010
I knew there would be CGI hate in this thread lol.
Never knew why people hate CGI so much , berserker was awesome with it.
Oct 29, 2011 11:43 PM
Jun 2009

Berserker is badass.
Oct 30, 2011 12:26 AM

Jun 2009
guyklc said:
Truly, Studio DEEN disgraced FSN. We need a remake of FSN!! I really loved this episode; seriously, Fate Zero never stops to amaze me. Artwork was beautiful, and I was hooked throughout the entire episode. For a moment there, I really thought Lancer's master was about to be killed.

Only thing I have to say is that Saber is surprisingly weak this time around, whereas in FSN, she was supposed to be the strongest servant.

Are you sure she's weak....or is it the fact that all the other servants are freaking monsters? Not, to mention that she's pretty much fighting with one hand and she did in fact take her fair share of beatings in Fate/Stay, particularly the VN.
"Yes, I have been deprived of emotion. But not completely. Whoever did it, botched the job."

- Geralt of Rivia
Oct 30, 2011 12:26 AM

Dec 2009
All servants stats(Caution:Big Spoilers!!!)
Oct 30, 2011 12:38 AM

Oct 2011
Oh my god. I never knew I'd love this anime this much when it started. But holy sh*t, this episode was amazing.. The fight scenes in this are just.. wow..

Why can't ufotable animate EVERY ANIME EVER? I mean.. wow..

So far, this anime is cruising towards getting my fourth 10/10 score. As much as I like guilty crown, that'd only be 8.5 or 9 compared to this, this is just.. wow..

I must get into the fate/ universe more it seems, if anyone could PM me how to do so and what to start with, that'd be great!
"Evidently... There's no such thing as 'meaning' in this world. But that in itself is wonderful... isn't it? Since if there isn't a set meaning, then you can just find one on your own."
- Filicia Heideman, So Ra No Wo To
Oct 30, 2011 12:59 AM
Jun 2009
insan3soldiern said:
guyklc said:
Truly, Studio DEEN disgraced FSN. We need a remake of FSN!! I really loved this episode; seriously, Fate Zero never stops to amaze me. Artwork was beautiful, and I was hooked throughout the entire episode. For a moment there, I really thought Lancer's master was about to be killed.

Only thing I have to say is that Saber is surprisingly weak this time around, whereas in FSN, she was supposed to be the strongest servant.

Are you sure she's weak....or is it the fact that all the other servants are freaking monsters? Not, to mention that she's pretty much fighting with one hand and she did in fact take her fair share of beatings in Fate/Stay, particularly the VN.

Well there's also the fact that she's the only woman in this war. So not surprisingly, she's the weakest one. She almost got killed 3 times if not for Iskandar and Lancer saving her.
Oct 30, 2011 1:03 AM

Sep 2011
i smiled when Rider defends Waver and verbally owns Lancers douchebag master (not gonna bother remembering that assbags name)
Oct 30, 2011 1:03 AM
Aug 2011
All the HONOR all the NOBLENESS, my heart is filled with hearty cheer! Such a wonderful mix of heroes and villains. I thought going into this I would have a clear favorite (Saber) but honestly I like so many characters which is rare for me.
Oct 30, 2011 1:15 AM
Dec 2007
insan3soldiern said:
guyklc said:

In terms of stats and power Saber is a beast with ony Berserker truly crusing over her (which is offset in Fate/Zero due to how uncontrollable he is, unlike Ilya's complete control over her Berserker) and the only one who actually has a more powerfull one-shot blast NP is Archer Gilgamesh.

The real weakness of Saber is not strength, is her rashness and overconfidence. Even in F/SN her losses are no fault of Shirou but just her not planning ahead and just rushing ahead.

And when people mentioned "Knight classes" they meant the way the seven classes are categorized. Saber, Archer and Lancer are called the "Knight" classes and all 3 have Magic Resistance. The other 3 are specialized classes in Riding, Assassination and Sorcery, and then the last one is reserved for all heroes that have gone mad at some point during their life, Berserker.

coolxal said:

Well there's also the fact that she's the only woman in this war. So not surprisingly, she's the weakest one. She almost got killed 3 times if not for Iskandar and Lancer saving her.
That's so wrong in so many ways. Perhaps it's hard to tell in the anime since you aren't privy to her full skills, but Saber's strength is actually boosted by an aura of magical power to compensate for her smaller physique. In other words, she's at the same level of all of them. That's why she can fight with Berserker at a reasonably even level. Of course Berserker is stronger, they're the strongest class in raw power.
Leon-GunOct 30, 2011 1:22 AM

Oct 30, 2011 1:21 AM

Oct 2010
Akiyama said:
And now I can ask why the heck is Gilgamesh the only one with a marked EX? Oh why?

Oct 30, 2011 1:24 AM
Dec 2007
Yumekichi11 said:
And now I can ask why the heck is Gilgamesh the only one with a marked EX? Oh why?
Ever seen Fate/Stay Night? Just look at Ea...then ask again.

Oct 30, 2011 1:25 AM

Jun 2009
Leon-Gun said:
insan3soldiern said:
guyklc said:

In terms of stats and power Saber is a beast with ony Berserker truly crusing over her (which is offset in Fate/Zero due to how uncontrollable he is, unlike Ilya's complete control over her Berserker) and the only one who actually has a more powerfull one-shot blast NP is Archer Gilgamesh.

The real weakness of Saber is not strength, is her rashness and overconfidence. Even in F/SN her losses are no fault of Shirou but just her not planning ahead and just rushing ahead.

And when people mentioned "Knight classes" they meant the way the seven classes are categorized. Saber, Archer and Lancer are called the "Knight" classes and all 3 have Magic Resistance. The other r are specialized classes in Riding, Assassination and Sorcery, and then the last one is reserved for all heroes that have gone mad at some point during their life, Berserker.

So, she's still the most powerful servant pretty much. I guess that explains why Urobuchi decided to get her injured, like a previous poster mentioned. I guess it was a good decision to sort of balance things out. But, yeah, her rashness and overconfidence are great points that I've honestly never even thought about but are certainly true looking back.
"Yes, I have been deprived of emotion. But not completely. Whoever did it, botched the job."

- Geralt of Rivia
Oct 30, 2011 1:49 AM

May 2010
QUALITY GODTIER EPISODE!!
So far as ep 5 is concerned, Berserker IS DA BOMB!!!!
Next would be GARcher and Rider coz he paved the way for other servants to come.
Was expecting Caster to appear tho but anyway, maybe next ep.

MOAR!!!!
Oct 30, 2011 1:52 AM
Jun 2009
insan3soldiern said:
Leon-Gun said:
insan3soldiern said:
guyklc said:

And when people mentioned "Knight classes" they meant the way the seven classes are categorized. Saber, Archer and Lancer are called the "Knight" classes and all 3 have Magic Resistance. The other r are specialized classes in Riding, Assassination and Sorcery, and then the last one is reserved for all heroes that have gone mad at some point during their life, Berserker.

So, she's still the most powerful servant pretty much. I guess that explains why Urobuchi decided to get her injured, like a previous poster mentioned. I guess it was a good decision to sort of balance things out. But, yeah, her rashness and overconfidence are great points that I've honestly never even thought about but are certainly true looking back.

I think it was mentioned that the saber class is the strongest (in general), not necessarily that this saber is the strongest. Gilgamesh as Archer clearly overshadows the rest. Berserker and Rider too I think are stronger. Saber is probably a stronger than Lancer but she's not very smart like Lancer is which is why she almost got owned by Lancer had Iskandar not intervened.

Caster and Assassin are no brainers. They're not fighters.
Oct 30, 2011 1:54 AM
Jul 2010
insan3soldiern said:
guyklc said:

It's not that she is weak, Lancer, Gilgamesh were using their Noble Phantasms, while Saber didn't.

Anyways, Rider is my favorite, he is such funny servant :D
Oct 30, 2011 2:06 AM

Feb 2010
wow this show getting better and better with every new ep!
bskbobOct 30, 2011 2:09 AM
Oct 30, 2011 2:14 AM

Nov 2010
Yes, Saber is still been limited power-wise to make the story and casts developed more. She was injured and still has her sword (Excalibur), plus of course that imbahax Avalon (although I didn't know if she had her Avalon in F/Z)

But most of the servants still has their own trump cards in their hands. (Maybe only lancer that has used all of his NP, but I dunno). This is still the first fight, so I'll wait for more awesome treats by ufotable :3
Oct 30, 2011 2:16 AM
Mar 2009
Akiyama said:

Woah hang on, Saber was only able to survive F/SN Lancer's Gae Bolg due to her sheer luck; why is her luck rank D here?
Oct 30, 2011 2:44 AM

Jun 2009
Different master, servant also has different stats.
But it's not only because of her Luck to survive Lancer's NP, it's more Luck A + Battle Instinct A, which is very similar to mind eye but she's born with it. A plothax skill through and through, and reason why she can charge head on without dying every time.
Oct 30, 2011 2:58 AM

Feb 2010
Seems like this show is heading straight towards 10/10-rank in my books. It's visuals are phenomenal for a TV-series, exceeding even some movies. Music is also awesome, which is not a bit surprising, because Kajiura.

Caster's voice actor is doing pretty fucking good job btw.

Epic, 5/5
Oct 30, 2011 3:12 AM

Jul 2008
LaLaLaidarR said:
Yumekichi11 said:
LaLaLaidarR said:
Yumekichi11 said:

From what I've heard the show is supposed to play out almost exactly like the novels so berserker's identity should be revealed the same way it was in the source material. However, I haven't read the novels so I can't vouch for how accurate the show is so far. If anybody here has read them and would like to tell me how faithful the adaption is, feel free.

The anime so far played out pretty faithful to the adaption. There's a few things that were changed/left out from what I've noticced. I'll put it in the spoiler tags below if anyone is curious.

I'm sure there's more but those r the only ones I've noticed.

Also. the circling in ep1 wasnt in the book. It was just stupid. STUPID.

Oct 30, 2011 3:26 AM
Nov 2010
Wow, that episode felt great, lots of good fights, I loved how Rider crushed Berserker!
Oct 30, 2011 3:48 AM

Jul 2007
Wasabi said:
Wow, F/Z Berserker is way more badass than FSN Berserker.

Er....no.

guyklc said:

THIS THIS THIS.

kachosen576 said:
YOU SEE THAT STUDIO DEEN? THIS IS WHAT A REAL QUALITY BATTLE SHOULD LOOK LIKE!!

THis.

Berserker VS Gilagamesh made me cry epic tears of sorrow remembering on how Gilgamesh VS SHirou battle sSHOULD have been instead of shit it was in movie :[
halberdiers said:
ringoo4 said:

I TOTALLY agree. Best fucking episode and shame on studio DEEN for butchering what could have potentially been one of the BEST series.

This. Ufotable needs to redo FSN ASAP.
Oct 30, 2011 3:51 AM

Apr 2009
Fai said:
Berserker VS Gilagamesh made me cry epic tears of sorrow remembering on how Gilgamesh VS SHirou battle sSHOULD have been instead of shit it was in movie :[
halberdiers said:
ringoo4 said:

I TOTALLY agree. Best fucking episode and shame on studio DEEN for butchering what could have potentially been one of the BEST series.
Yeap. Pretty much what everyone' been saying. Berserker's fight might as well have been THE Shirou vs Gilgamesh battle.

Ufotable needs to redo FSN ASAP.
and also just might as well be the official studio that adapts TYPE-Moon's works.
Oct 30, 2011 4:00 AM

Dec 2009
kevinxiaowis said:

Woah hang on, Saber was only able to survive F/SN Lancer's Gae Bolg due to her sheer luck; why is her luck rank D here?

SN Saber stats(Master:Shirou) / Zero Saber stats(Master:Kiritsugu)
Oct 30, 2011 4:04 AM

Jun 2010
nice episode. Berserker was awesome but Iskander is still more bad ass.
Oct 30, 2011 4:08 AM

Jul 2007
Nilvius said:
Fai said:
halberdiers said:
ringoo4 said:

Yeap. Pretty much what everyone' been saying. Berserker's fight might as well have been THE Shirou vs Gilgamesh battle.

Ufotable needs to redo FSN ASAP.
and also just might as well be the official studio that adapts TYPE-Moon's works.

ufotable making a re-adaptation of all three routes of FSN, 13 episodes each, then OVA series of F/HA, adaptation of all Tsukihime Routes(its wrong that such a good nasuverse part has no anime yet :[) and then an anime theatrical movie of Notes would be the best thing that could happen to this reality.
Pages (10) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» I'm not interested in the fate series at all but

mydaddy - Yesterday

12 by AustinJamB »»
2 hours ago

» The ufotable Production

BigHomieTrapa - Apr 11

2 by Alexioos95 »»
Apr 15, 1:53 AM

Poll: » Fate/zero Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Yumekichi11 - Oct 1, 2011

698 by damnit_tomioka »»
Mar 9, 1:25 AM

» Who's your favorite servant?

Ms_Muffin - Feb 19

47 by JohnZ_GGs »»
Feb 28, 5:46 PM

» Im about to start this but confused

TabutcuEmmi - Feb 7

44 by RulyKinkajou59 »»
Feb 10, 3:21 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.