Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Oct 26, 2011 7:29 AM
Jul 2011
The problem with killing off characters is that if you don't care about that character its just random killing. It has no impact if no on cares about that character.
Oct 26, 2011 8:14 AM

Oct 2010
Style210 said:
The problem with killing off characters is that if you don't care about that character its just random killing. It has no impact if no on cares about that character.
Hence why many characters are in now but eventually die out.

Yes the connections are being made now. So I try not to get to rooting for side characters except the ones I really like.

- BLOG - My Club- Easiest way to reach the rest of my thoughts!
Oct 26, 2011 8:16 AM

Oct 2007
Wasabi said:
Righhhttttt.... so this Mikawa prefecture or whatever the fuck they call themselves wants to rebel against this Testament Union shit? So the best course of action is to destroy their own land by setting off the plate reactor? That makes zero fucking sense.

What the fuck is a Tres Espana? Are they a different faction? Part of the Testament Union? A ship? Why the fuck are there so many characters that are just seemingly so god damn pointless to the plot?

The action was nice and all but holy fuck, this show is doing something wrong if I can't even remember one character's name.
I guess what makes it no sense is what makes it interesting to learn :D

"A Legend is but a tale of a beautiful lie."
Oct 26, 2011 8:38 AM
Jul 2011
^ I guess this is what makes it worth watching haha
Oct 26, 2011 9:29 AM

Jan 2011
Starting off a story in the middle of it, with no explanation at all and explain stuff as you go... it sometimes works fine.
See: Higurashi and Umineko

Sometimes, ofc, it's done really, really badly.
See: Horizon
Oct 26, 2011 11:23 AM

May 2010
Some action good good, I thought they will never gonna show it soon but I was sort of dissapointed with the main character. He was just staring at that huge light and look like he doesn't know what the helll is going on and it kinda makes him left out !!
Oct 26, 2011 11:43 AM

Jul 2010
Watching anime for rest of my life, haven't had anything like this before: totally confused and mindfucked.

I congratulate those who can actually "understand" the plot just by watching the anime. Though I'm pretty sure your only understand part of it.

I gave a fair bit of go and now, after watching up to 4th episode, I think I should give up. No point of watching except for boobs.

Oct 26, 2011 11:49 AM

Jul 2010
I still don't really understand anything of what is going on. They're all talking about "the journey" that's now about to start but the series is already four episodes in. The action was pretty good but that's about it.

I just can't take it anymore. They don't explain anything and just drop you in the middle of it. I'm going to drop this and I rarely ever do that.

Oct 26, 2011 12:09 PM

Jun 2009
Infodump endo, and suddenly awesome episode. Not that previous weren't good though. ┐( ̄ー ̄)┌
レッツゴー ED イケイケゴーゴー
Oct 26, 2011 5:55 PM
Dec 2008
nice episode ...although it's kinda hard to keep everything in mind ...but it seems that every thing is getting connected ....

this one story telling is past parts and future parts in the same episode .....and the viewer has to remember and recollect the parts together to make the final picture

this kinda happened with Steins;Gate in the beginning...so people don't Haste and drop it give it more 2 or 3 eps ...it deserve it ...the New Ending tells you that a new part of the story is going to unfold ....from the cutie funny ed to this new Ed ...that tells something about the story i guess
Oct 26, 2011 6:05 PM

Nov 2009
Uhh... this is a third way through but... ugh. I just know this isn't for me. The cast we were introduced to really have no current role in all this plot.... Nice action here but the storytelling isn't strong enough to keep me. Dropped.
Oct 26, 2011 9:41 PM

Jul 2008
It took 4 eps to really set things up. It's a 13-episode series. Either it would end badly or there would have to be a sequel.
Oct 26, 2011 10:03 PM

Jul 2009
Sure are a lot of lazy and stupid people here. Oh wait, this is MAL what am I expecting.
Oct 27, 2011 3:49 AM

May 2011
I duno about you guys but I'm just watching this anime as a filler whilst waiting for new eps of shakugan no shana and mirai nikki. I guess this anime is only good for its flashy animation, action, good soundtrack, character designs, mind f***ng plot and random comedy =/ i think iv just given up on the plot... theyv failed to explain it to us holistically in the first 4 eps =/ I wonder how this'll turn out in the end...I'll give it 3 more eps to explain everything to the audience simply and straightforwardly.

Oct 27, 2011 6:26 AM

May 2008
the action was good..

but still confused oh well gonna carry on the series anyway

i guess this anime is better to watch in one go!
Oct 27, 2011 6:41 AM

Oct 2007
Suzuku said:
Sure are a lot of lazy and stupid people here. Oh wait, this is MAL what am I expecting.
Erh... excuse me, what did you just say again?

"A Legend is but a tale of a beautiful lie."
Oct 27, 2011 1:37 PM

Feb 2010
prismheart said:
Some pieces start falling in place. I feel like this is one where you have to watch the whole show to get what is going on.

This. I read up on the wiki too.. and it seems more complex than it appears. This is a GOOD thing. The first episode made me feel like I was wasting my time...

This episode makes me think and try to piece the puzzle together.

The storytelling isn't GREAT... but if you really spend time, you can get whats happening.
Oct 27, 2011 7:05 PM

Apr 2011
Solid snake, is that you?
Oct 27, 2011 10:42 PM
Nov 2010
Well, the episode was good, Futayo looks good...:P
Oct 28, 2011 5:22 AM
Jun 2008
Siva said:
Suzuku said:
Even as a LN reader, I need to re-read the back story 3-5times just to fully understand it and knows how it work.
It is a matter of should we spend our effort on this Anime or not?

You can still enjoy the boob, comedy, and action if you fail to understand the story =)
unlike Legend of the Galactic Heroes ....
Oct 28, 2011 10:55 AM

May 2011
I understand parts of it here and there, but still ain't familiar with all the place's names. So I ain't sure the connection and stuff between the different sections and stuff and what character is from where. Oh well I am sure it'll get clearer for me as I watch more eps, at least I hope. Thinking about going to read on that wiki, but I just don't wanna spoil anything.

Oh and Kazuno is a badass.

What I am dying to watch is hey Toori when the hell are you going to ask that Horizon lookalike out?
Oct 28, 2011 5:22 PM

Mar 2011
Nice episode.
Oct 29, 2011 4:35 AM

Jul 2008
from what what i read online that the novel so mach great but start slowly but later it be awesem ....

these anime just start thus who drop it after Ep1 will be sorry for not seeing the goodes in next epsodes ....

i hope

i love Aoi, Toori io dont know why but his charchter have same crizma
Oct 29, 2011 11:15 AM
Observer

Nov 2007
MorningGlory said:
Siva said:
Suzuku said:
Even as a LN reader, I need to re-read the back story 3-5times just to fully understand it and knows how it work.
It is a matter of should we spend our effort on this Anime or not?

You can still enjoy the boob, comedy, and action if you fail to understand the story =)
unlike Legend of the Galactic Heroes ....

But you see, LoGH is 110 episodes, this is 13....

I hope there is a sequel because at this speed, it will scare most non-familiar viewers away. The problem with Horizon is that the setting is waaay too rich, complex and complicated to be stuffed in 13 episodes. It's not a matter of "laziness" but you cannot expect people to do 10 hours of research on the setting and characters before getting what's going on. This is a bit extreme lol.

Other than that, for those interested, I would suggest at least spend an hour reading the Horizon wiki. Yes, it does contain spoiler, but it will carefully explain everything in a concise and organized matter.

As an adaption, I'd say: nice animation... but really failed in the exposition.
bla bla bla
The endless debate between fans and haters. At one point, after spending a lot of time on MAL, you just realize it's totally pointless.
Niko-kun said:
On MAL, everyone who has used the lame rating system becomes a critic and an intellectual by default, haven't you heard?
Oct 30, 2011 6:57 PM
Aug 2008
So the Testament Union is a group of the Far East's (Japan - the only inhabitable part of Earth) superpowers, and Mikawa is the representative country of this. The Testament Union is in charge of recreating history according to the Testaments so the inhabitants can enter the heavens (they tried this already in the past but failed?). The Testaments are books that recorded history from the former Earth. It is thought that on 1648, the world will end, so I guess they really want to get to heaven pretty quickly, huh?

Also, in the past, there are two types of states. The Divine States and the Harmonic Divine States (which is a copy of the Divine Staes). There are two because when everyone fell back from the heavens due to failed technology to get them there, there wasn't enough habitable land for everyone so they had to make a copy. But that technology seemed to fail, and a war broke out over the land. Now it seems that everyone is working together to get back to the heavens before the apocalypse. I guess different factions are thinking differently on these plans to escape the end of the Earth?

This is what I grasped about the past by reading, and I may be completely wrong.

As for Futayo, she's on standby for the sake of not getting involved and maintaining the peace. Mikawa is the representative country of the TU, and if they know Mikawa is behind this incident, then it'll be stripped of it's representative status and Musashi will also be under TU control though it's an independent state right now. I guess she didn't want to be involved in Mikawa's sabotage of the reactor.

This is what I grasp right now as it is. And it took a lot of reading to get to this point. And again, I may be interpreting this completely wrong.

Anyway, funny things are happening, and Aoi explained it best when he said "I was still not aware of anything."
omgitseloOct 30, 2011 7:08 PM
Oct 30, 2011 9:15 PM

Jun 2009
Suzuku said:

It's not about being stupid/lazy. Having to read the original LN, wikipedia articles and a wiki just to understand what the hell is going on in an anime adaptation is fucking retarded no matter how you look at it. You won't catch the attention of people who haven't read the LN this way. You have to start by presenting the story, catching the attention of people, and if you succeed, only then people will make an effort to get into the story. This show is obviously fanservice for the LN readers. The same happened with this season's Majikoi. Even though I read Majikoi VN, I'm pretty sure people who haven't read Majikoi won't be interested in it because the anime doesn't introduce the story to newcomers. The source material may be good, but the adaptation sucks.

Dropped after 4 eps.
z411Oct 30, 2011 9:25 PM
Oct 31, 2011 12:10 PM

Oct 2010
ninja maid and ghost loli #LikeIt
Nov 1, 2011 4:06 PM

Nov 2007
I honestly still have no idea what's going on here. none of the characters have been developed much.

also why do they keep saying Judge?
Nov 2, 2011 9:56 PM

Oct 2010
mystik said:
also why do they keep saying Judge?
Tes and Judge will be the equivalent to Yes or an affirmation.

- BLOG - My Club- Easiest way to reach the rest of my thoughts!
Nov 3, 2011 4:10 PM

Feb 2009
Are the maid-dolls voiced by Nozomi Sasaki? It would be a nice in-joke, that after voicing mass-produced clones, she's voicing mass-produced robots.
Nov 9, 2011 9:34 AM

Mar 2011
This show is lacking in character development so far and the plot is still pretty jumbled. Hopefully it all pans out but I think it would have benefited from being a longer show considering we're not far from the halfway point and still know very little.
Dec 1, 2011 8:18 PM

Mar 2010
Well, at least the plot attempted to develop something. I'm still, nonetheless, laughing my way through how each sentence said by anyone has no relevance to each other. I can only pray for the children who grow up watching shows like this. Not looking forward to the next.
Jan 10, 2012 4:34 AM
Dec 2011
damn it! Are u guys serious about doing hours of researching so that one could understand what is going on the screen? O_o Idk whether I should go on watching these series w/o totally understanding in terms of what happened in the previous episodes >.>
Jan 10, 2012 3:47 PM

Jun 2008
anime_addiction4 said:
damn it! Are u guys serious about doing hours of researching so that one could understand what is going on the screen? O_o Idk whether I should go on watching these series w/o totally understanding in terms of what happened in the previous episodes >.>

Don't be afraid to read
http://kyoukaisen.tumblr.com/neta

Visit this blog That I'm working with my friend
http://randomnessthing.com/
Jun 5, 2012 8:41 AM

Jan 2011
Great episode, the action part was amazing. I'm looking forward to some story development which should be there next episode.
I almost never read discussions after I made my post, if you want to reply PM me or post on my profile page.
Jul 1, 2012 9:11 AM

Feb 2012
Fuck you, Kyoukai, for explaining us shit and keep confusing us with adding more and more stuff.
Nov 12, 2012 2:19 PM

Jan 2012
looks like I got a shit ton of reading to do to enjoy this anime...

=/
May 15, 2013 12:11 PM

Nov 2012
I'm trying my best to understand what's happening, but it's kind of a clusterfuck. I'll still keep watching, with the hopes that this becomes easier to comprehend.
Jul 6, 2013 4:41 PM

Jul 2009
ok...wtf happened? I mean it didn't even show the party, it was more like a extra scenes of that day where they went to school to look for ghosts...or they did it again?!
Aug 9, 2013 1:03 PM

Dec 2011
Awesome fights. Still not 100% sure about what's actually happening, but I think I'm beginning to get the jist of it at least.
There is no such thing as shit taste. Only idiots who think everyone should have the same taste as they do.
Mar 31, 2014 7:09 AM

Oct 2009
jcchamp said:
wtf just happened when is the confession coming
fuck i dont understand this anime

Same.
あらあら。。。
Apr 1, 2014 1:23 AM

Jul 2008
So did the good guys set off the nuke or the bad guys?
Apr 22, 2014 11:01 AM

Dec 2012
The two things I did understand about this episode - Suzu is cute when she's a nervous wreck and that maid is a hell of a fighter.

But seriously, I really hope I don't have to go research this show's background so I can enjoy it just a little more. I'm going to be watching Monster after this and ain't nobody got time fo' that! I'm getting more familiar with some of the terminology and the story but right now I'm just not really following the significance of what the characters are doing.

Like 4 episodes of "I'm gonna confess to a girl!" and everyone around him is like "we support you let's throw a party so you can confess to her!" And I'm just like "Yeaaah woooo confess hurry up mister!"

Or when they're talking politics, I don't know how to react when ossan # 3 goes "I plan to set the Genesis plan in motion to show the 18 devas the true power of the divine states." Like whoopdie doo.

I don't mind being kept in the dark early on, but I dislike shows that require you to be a braniac of the source material/pre-anime lore to remotely follow it.
Jun 11, 2014 6:22 PM

Sep 2011
That's what you call QUALITY action scenes. Too bad this anime doesn't have much of it. =s

ED is amazing too! Sounds like something that would be in Gundam Seed. xD
Jul 15, 2014 9:52 AM

May 2012
Pretty impressive development, a bit more serious toned together with that different more sad ED which sure makes this a lot more interesting so let's see what's next!

I wonder who that ghost loli is or what role she'll play in this story.
Nov 14, 2014 12:47 AM

Jul 2013
So judge = yes? ahahahah...... laaaaaame!

Anyway if this show is good at anything it'd only be action. And also the OSTs.
Feb 7, 2018 11:42 PM

Jun 2008
This anime is beyond frustrating in explaining anything!

I don't think I've seen something like this in a long time...

What exactly is the plot? Characters motivations? Setting? Anything?

Makes zero sense IMHO...
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kyoukai Senjou no Horizon Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

tsubasalover - Dec 24, 2011

116 by blacknemesist »»
Jul 26, 2023 6:41 PM

Poll: » Kyoukai Senjou no Horizon Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

tsubasalover - Oct 15, 2011

102 by GiantHunter »»
Jul 22, 2023 7:01 PM

Poll: » Kyoukai Senjou no Horizon Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 )

tsubasalover - Nov 27, 2011

80 by Didi6970 »»
Jul 7, 2023 10:39 AM

Poll: » Kyoukai Senjou no Horizon Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Yumekichi11 - Oct 1, 2011

77 by EmperorThor »»
Jul 2, 2023 6:16 PM

» Do the MC ever get powerful?

Amamiya__Ren - May 24, 2022

5 by Zefyris »»
Jun 9, 2022 9:52 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.