Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (8) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 » ... Last »
Oct 24, 2011 4:53 PM

May 2008
Yuno's got balls. I wonder where are Yuki's -.-
Oct 24, 2011 5:52 PM

Nov 2009
a very good episode ! the opening is crazy hehehe XD
I like Yuno but I hate Yukki ..
I wish that this was adapted by a better studio ! this clearly has the potential to be one of the year's best .. but the direction isn't that good in my opinion .
Oct 24, 2011 11:31 PM
Aug 2010
Decent so far but I was expecting more (although it'll probably just get better). Yuki reminds me a lot of Shinji from NGE in terms of personality, except that Shinji was on the whole a lot more interesting, in part because the source of his psychological issues was very well established and played a very important role in the series. Yuki (so far, and this may very well change) just seems to be an angsty teenager, a character type I'm not generally not fond of. Of course it's too soon to judge as that may change (or we may get more context), but those are just my initial impressions.
Oct 25, 2011 1:42 AM

Apr 2009
I thought Yukiteru's Diary was called the Observer Diary, not the Random Diary. I guess I was wrong, oh well. Another faithfully adapted episode, I am impressed, even Minene's motorcycle escape scene was just as absurd as it was in the manga. Also, yay for Yandere Love with Yuno, she's as every bit as obsessed over Yukiteru as I expected her to be.
Oct 25, 2011 7:21 AM

Oct 2009
FUCK YES MINENE! aw, yeah. I love her.
On Yuno's voice: Yuno's voice is proper yandere. It's supposed to sound cute, and that it does. They just need to work on her creepy voice, though.

EDIT: wait, whaattt? Yuki giving an angsty speech? STOP IT! ugh. that's so clichéd. And not present in the manga (which is the norm for me)
UngirlOct 25, 2011 7:26 AM
Oct 27, 2011 11:25 PM

Oct 2009
I love Yuno's dedication to Yuki. I love her crazy side :D! My favorite type of characters : yandere XD
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 28, 2011 6:14 PM

Jul 2010
Yuki is even more annoying in anime than he is in manga.I guess it's a matter of voice.
MINENE I LOVE YOU SO MUCH MUCH.COME TO PAPA PLEASE.

btw. Yuno favs increased so much after this episode O_O like 200 more? thats crazy.
incompleteAEGISOct 28, 2011 7:21 PM
Oct 29, 2011 7:56 AM
Jun 2008
I'm a little bit confused after watching this episode.
Oct 29, 2011 12:27 PM

Feb 2011
amazing story
nice OP
kinda sad looking to yuki
yuno was so amazing
Oct 30, 2011 5:18 PM
Aug 2009
This was a great episode. Yuno is so cool when she goes crazy. I wan't too fond of the fact that all Yuki wants to do is use her but can see his rationality since her phone is tied so closely to him.

We were introduced to a couple of new diary users. The detective and escape user were pretty entertaining. I'm looking forward to how well the detective's alliance will hold up later on in the story.

The after credits are fun to watch as well.
Oct 30, 2011 11:46 PM

Mar 2010
Another episode that I feel that I can't say anything, except: HOLY JESUS! It's so intense. If I was sitting in a chair, i'd probably send the chair and myself flying out my window. This anime is just too intense! Love Yuno's insanity expressions. Creepy as hell, but so endearing. Looking forward to the next!
Oct 31, 2011 6:00 PM

Apr 2011
From what we've seen I think First (Yuki), and Fourth have the best all around diaries. I don't even think that the fact that he didn't record himself is a weakness since he has to be alive to record. If the future is still going, he is alive. Yuno's diary is garbage, and she needs to stay with Yuki to stay alive, not the other way around. She has analytic skills, but she needs that to not be completely useless (on her own anyway). Second most useless is ninth's as her diary only prevents her from being killed (escape). That being said, she must be really smart to figure out that a) the teacher was the third, b)how to draw out the first and fourth. She would've succeeded if Yuno wasn't there (something she couldn't possibly forsee). Despite having a garbage journal, ninth is my favorite so far. 5 journalists revealed, 6 more to go? possibilities are endless.

Adapted by a better studio? I don't know much about these studios, but isn't Kadokawa supposed to be broken tier when it comes to anime? I was under the assumption that everyone else was free to them.
RazingPhoenixOct 31, 2011 6:07 PM
Oct 31, 2011 6:01 PM

Oct 2010
This episode was great, and what a hot kiss..

That Yuno running through the hallway and blowing up classrooms, probably the best part. Well were it irl it wouldn't be so good.

Hope Amano grows up. he probably will.

5/5
Nov 1, 2011 6:26 AM

Sep 2010
Eeeeh? The ending spoils everything about all owners! The opening features them too, but small. The ending does reveal everyone's past! That's kinda stupid of them to do that, I do now remember everything about the manga now, but people who haven't read the manga will know who is the owner of the Diaries at the moment when Yukiteru and Yuno meet them. Slowly revealing who the owners are, is a important part of the story, why'd they do it like this?
Nov 1, 2011 9:41 AM

Feb 2009
That was fucking brutal! That's what I want in my anime, ruthless people and thrills. And great animation as a bonus.

I must say the plot in Mirai Nikki is becoming quite engaging, even if it's nothing new.
Nov 3, 2011 10:56 AM

Jun 2008
Although the whole premise set in the first episode seems very promising i wasn't very impressed by this second episode. Nine's actions seemed to have no logic at all. She could have easily killed him in the class but she didn't. Simply wanting forth too doesn't seem like a good explanation since the guy is police and would have come anyway if you put bombs in a school building and there is no good reason why she would let her chance to kill first escape so easily.
Also Yuno's escape and running threw bombed hallways seem to be based on nothing. How did she escape the ones holding her and a whole classroom of people? Even worse was the magical bike that appeared out of nowhere.

BUT the biggest minus was the extremely fast pace. It was so fast that didn't allow the viewer to acclimatize with the events, the world and the character feelings making everything seem strange. That was just wrong and i hope it will settle down.
MonadNov 3, 2011 10:59 AM
Nov 4, 2011 11:40 AM

Mar 2011
So we have an alliance of three future diary users hey? But there can only be 1 winner........
Nov 7, 2011 10:26 PM

Mar 2011
Pretty good stuff. I liked the OP and ED, and I'm also liking the characters.

If I were them I wouldn't have kept running in the school since they knew they were running towards more bombs.
Nov 13, 2011 4:42 AM

Sep 2011
After Episode 1, I thought this would only deserve a 9, but this episode essentially bumped it up to a 10.
Reminds me of watching Madoka Magica, one wham episode after another.
OP is fantastic. Repeating it again and again on my iTunes.
Animation is, like last episode, great.
ED needs a bit of time for me to get used to.
Muru Muru is... cute.
Nov 15, 2011 4:20 AM

Sep 2009
Yuno rocks!!! She's a brave girl!
Nov 15, 2011 2:40 PM
Jul 2018
So far awesome!
Nov 18, 2011 5:47 AM
Nov 2011
Yousei Teikoku sounds like Ali-Project in the OP.
Satisfaction is death.
Nov 22, 2011 11:32 AM

Apr 2010
Blowing up a entire school to get one person that's really overkill but i guess they don't call her a terrorist for nothing.
I wonder what more we will see of her she seems interesting.
The police officer can't be trusted i am pretty sure he is up to something and i won't be surprised if he goes after Yukki or Yuno.
Nov 26, 2011 11:47 AM

Aug 2008
That motor cycle escape looked ridiculous. And where the hell came the explosions when Yuno was running of helping Yukii? I don't understand this female character at all. Where comes all this tremendous passion for this wimp.
Nov 26, 2011 12:03 PM

Feb 2010
VVill said:
. And where the hell came the explosions when Yuno was running of helping Yukii? I don't understand this female character at all. Where comes all this tremendous passion for this wimp.

It was stated that there were bomb censors outside of the classrooms , yuno trigger them all while running.
Nov 27, 2011 6:06 PM

Oct 2009
Oh my... I liked this episode more.
Nov 29, 2011 1:40 PM
Jan 2010
Psychological thriller? I certainly hope it becomes more psychological thrillerish later on, because right now it's just a powerlevel shounen.
Dec 9, 2011 3:16 AM

Oct 2010
THAT WAS SERIOUSLY AWESOME.

Minene's a badass character. I just love that insane look on her face. >D
[insert awesome signature here]
Dec 12, 2011 12:18 AM

Apr 2009
After this part of the story in the manga is where I dropped it. Ninth's bug eyed insanity is boring and her plans were overly elaborate. Bombs everywhere, mines everywhere, and a convenient motorcycle to escape. Absolutely ridiculous.

Still, I like the two main characters and the anime is done pretty well. While I dropped the manga I feel like continuing the anime (odd I know since the anime is so faithful, but eh.) I'm really curious about this Future Diary Alliance. The cop says he doesn't want godhood, and his actions to a certain extent support that. But as a cop he sees the worst of humanity as part of his job. Surely the idea of being a god to do something about that is a little appealing? Rhetorically and not wanting spoilers I'm kind of figuring he just plans on using his allies as bait.
Dec 15, 2011 3:40 AM

Mar 2008
definitely better than the first episode.
i have to be very frank though, this episode reminded me A LOT of higurashi.. there was this one episode were a lot of children from the school were "kidnapped".. (i only remember it very blurry.. but yeah)
.. feels like some mix of higurashi and ookami kakushi (while higurashi is awesome and ookami kakushi sucks really bad.. xD)

so far its oookay, however.. it doesn't really give off the "higurashi-vibe" yet.. the feeling of being .. anxious.. if you know what i mean ^^'
at least i thought its supposed to make me feel scared.. correct me if i'm wrong.
Jan 1, 2012 2:42 PM

Mar 2009
Ninth showed up so soon but she was boring for someone who made many threats.
Jan 10, 2012 9:59 AM

Aug 2008
That was pretty insane! When did Ninth have all that time and opportunity to meticulously set up all those bombs? Where the f*ck did she hide that motorcycle? Why do I think she's going to be hotter with a eyepatch?! I guess this show will focus on differing mental conditions and morals, but so far I just think any significant player in this series is just f*cking crazy.

Jan 10, 2012 7:02 PM

Sep 2008
OK, I really like this show so far, but oh God so many questions.

SOOOOOOOO many questions. Not the diary based, logic based. Why, why, why, why. So many why's and how's.

Nevermind, on to next episode. I'll try shutting logical part of my brain off, maybe than many of the things happening will have some sense.
Jan 22, 2012 4:48 PM
Jan 2012
This episode was really good! I'm hooked on the OP.... amazing song. I really think this anime will make my top 3!
Mar 10, 2012 6:35 PM
Mar 2010
HAPPY END FTW

this shit was cray
beegyx8ball.deviantart.com

Mar 15, 2012 1:00 PM

Mar 2010
was I the only one who finds weird the fact that they have diary entries from things they wouldn't normally write because they wouldn't know about it/ wouldn't be there. Like yuno knowing what amano is doing at home.

Besides, Minene planting a thousand bombs which activate either remotely or on movement, knowing their exact positions and ALSO trigger them to explode if she died and then run away getting a bike out of her ass is pretty pushed :\

a bit disapointed in this episode but I expect great things from this anime
Mar 24, 2012 5:14 PM
Sep 2011
Oh god the eye part! I cringed so much D;
Apr 1, 2012 12:52 AM

Aug 2010
Ohh god I wish I could have seen my face when the first bombs went off, this anime is not only dark, it's also sick and the story is pretty intriguing.

Fuck I'm loving this
Apr 3, 2012 2:43 AM
Feb 2009
This chapter was some straight up Die Hard on a school and I fucking love it :D
Apr 15, 2012 11:35 PM

Sep 2011
Lol this anime reminds me of Deadman Wonderland. (same feeling that is) Though hopefully it doesn't go downhill like Deadman Wonderland. ;-;
May 3, 2012 2:54 PM
Dec 2010
this is such a damn raw massacre and sick psycho anime, as i have to ask myself why do I like it ? I gt be weirdo XD
I like Yuno , she's psycho but sweet psycho, I hope Yukiteru mans up little, or at least He gets some psycho power up in processes, you know how they become when they put on that typical shark smile don't you? }:D
greenmartyMay 3, 2012 3:03 PM
( Currently interested in OP MC genre. Recommendations are welcomed, preferable those yet not on my list )
May 13, 2012 3:16 PM
Apr 2012
Alright, im getting into this, it does remind me of Deadman Wonderland a little though.

And what was up with the message Yuno got at the very end?
Jun 2, 2012 1:23 PM

Dec 2011
Heeh. I'm suspecting EVERYONE in this anime! XD
Jun 4, 2012 2:09 PM

Sep 2010
Yuno is such a tsundere...
"If you can eliminate all the other choices, the remaining choice, no matter how improbable, it is the answer."- Sherlock Holmes
Jul 9, 2012 8:13 PM

Feb 2012
Loved it!

Uryuu is a crazy bitch o_o Fourth, the investigator seems quite nice. And finally, Yuno <3

I love the OP + ED, that's quite rare on my case! :)
Jul 10, 2012 3:55 PM
Jul 2012
Nice, but in the end, there cant be 3 winners ):
Jul 10, 2012 4:02 PM

Jan 2008
Wow, Yuno sure is crazy--- I mean, determined, lol. xD

Also, Ninth hiding explosives UNDER HER SKIRT?! XD Well...okay...

Mondego said:
was I the only one who finds weird the fact that they have diary entries from things they wouldn't normally write because they wouldn't know about it/ wouldn't be there. Like yuno knowing what amano is doing at home.

The way I undertand this is that the diaries have become "independent entities", so to say. These things are not entries the owners would actually, as in literally, write - the diaries just incorporate the "theme" the people established while writing loads of entries before that. I mean, firstly, who would make freaking diary entries when they're running away from bombs planted all around them?! oO Secondly, the assumption that these entries are actually written by the owners would create a time paradox since they would have to write them after reading them to keep the time line consistent....- or something along those lines. Hope this was understandable, but I haven't read the manga so these are just my gusses.
At least it is safe to assume that the diaries are now working "independently".
SaorinJul 10, 2012 4:10 PM

Jul 27, 2012 12:08 PM

Feb 2012
Considering how much hate I've seen on MAL for Shinji from Evangelion, I'm surprised how few people are commenting on Yuki's snivelling. I liked the opening. As for the episode itself, I found it unintentionally hilarious with the Ninth planting mines and explosives all over the school without anyone noticing and then hiding a motorcycle up her ass. Future diary or not, that is ridiculously elaborate and time-consuming just to kill a schoolboy or destroy his cellphone. Particularly since not that much time had passed I gather. It was still enjoyable to watch, I'll just have to remember not to take this seriously nor to look for plot holes.
Jul 28, 2012 3:22 AM

May 2012
She got the happy ending. So sweet.
Jul 31, 2012 7:47 PM

May 2010
WHAT THE HELL JUST HAPPENED?
Even when I was in crowd, I was always alone
Pages (8) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» Animes like Mirai Nikki?

Rovy62815 - Apr 22

23 by xXGoreGrinderXx »»
Apr 24, 12:09 AM

Poll: » Mirai Nikki (TV) Episode 19 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Yumekichi11 - Feb 19, 2012

305 by Salty_Cookie »»
Apr 21, 5:23 AM

Poll: » Mirai Nikki (TV) Episode 18 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Yumekichi11 - Feb 12, 2012

259 by Salty_Cookie »»
Apr 20, 6:27 AM

Poll: » Mirai Nikki (TV) Episode 17 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Yumekichi11 - Feb 5, 2012

326 by Salty_Cookie »»
Apr 19, 8:35 PM

Poll: » Mirai Nikki (TV) Episode 15 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Yumekichi11 - Jan 22, 2012

219 by Salty_Cookie »»
Apr 14, 7:45 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.