Forums
New
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members
Pages (15) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »
May 13, 2013 10:49 AM

Sep 2012
nyxblack said:
Awesome! Thanks!

Oh, and how could I forget Nazo no Kanojo X (Mysterious Girlfriend X)?! Urabe is a wonderful strong female lead.
May 25, 2013 7:23 AM

Sep 2011
nyxblack said:
What's a good manga with a strong female lead? It can be any genre i'm only really looking for a strong female lead who the story revolves around.

Adding:
Battle Angel Alita
Gisèle Alain
Kaze no Tani no Nausicaa
Omoide Emanon
Reimei no Arcana
Teppuu
xxxHolic
May 26, 2013 11:55 AM

Apr 2008
Looking for something which has bittersweet relationsships with a good triple of angsty vibe. Preferably, then the ending is just as bittersweet not a a cheesy "they come together and are probably happy for the rest of their lifes"
But also preferrably not a total bad ending like "and there were none" and all that's left is despair

What would fit into it that query that I already know:
Anything from Kim Jeon joo: Platina, Little Queen, Nabi (perfect feat)
God Child (quite fine)
Ending of Fushigi Yuugi Genbu Kaiden
Sorts of Ending from Vampire Knight (well ignoring whatever bad conclusion of the plot it was elsewise, I jumped from vol. 15 to the last chapter)
Satou Kashi no Dangan wa Uchinukenai (quite so)
Pitaten (the last two volumes were really nice)
Fate zero (somewhat sorts of)
Bokura ga Ita (a good part of it)
Sunadokei (a nice part of it)
Piece (as far as volume 8 somewhat, too.
Omae ga sekai wo kawaishita nara (this alsmost classifiss as a real bad end, but like it still)
Ooku (the pairing from the first female shogun in vol. 2-3 was perfect in that respect)
Shiki (quite some traces there)
Shinsekai Yori (well more anime)(sorts of well, too)
Pandora Hearts (expecting that this can impossibly have a full happy end, quite a doog deal of angsty scenes there, indeed)
Nabari no Ou (if skipping that deus ex machina ending and all these damn BL fanservice hints...)
orage (getting a trifle close to it)

and something I don't know yet. (can be on my ptw, that list is pretty random.)
Jun 2, 2013 3:49 PM

Dec 2012
Hello there ,

I'm looking for manga to check out , I don't have any particular requirements but I love Romance stuff. Preferably if the pace isn't slow (you know , their relationship develops in average pace not like at 10-20 chapters they still haven't got proper conversation yet)
Loving Nisekoi & Sakamichi no Apollon.

also loving drama/psychological genre , would be good if it is more realistic. I didn't like Berserk , it was going in circles killing monsters and etc.
Onani master Kurosawa and Cage of Eden (ending was horrible) were great.

http://myanimelist.net/mangalist/moodway
Thanks in advance!
Jun 2, 2013 4:45 PM

Sep 2012
Hey Moodway

First of all, is someone excited they announced a Nisekoi anime adaption? (J^^)J

I can't really recommend any good romances for you, the ones I could you have already read/watched the anime or you are already reading, with the exception of Kimi ni Todoke, but to be honest that is quite slow, i guess that was the kind of thing you were referring to at least. You might also want to continue with the Kaichou wa Maid-sama story, which if you didn't want to start from the beginning carries on from the anime at chapter 34.

For other mangas though, that I sort of can do!

Girls of the Wild's - A martial arts comedy with its fair share of drama, a manhwa, the main character Song Jae Gu enters the school that has just gone co-ed on a scholarship due to family circumstances, not actually realising the school is an elite for martial artists and he gets dragged into joining them.

Liar Game - If you like psychologicals then you might consider this, a very strong start and the premise is very good, after catching up to date though I have found that its starting to drag out a bit, but thats for you to decide, the early chapters are definately worth a read. The story is about...funnily enough, a game about lying...called the liar game, not many suprises you might think, but the way these games play out is very interesting, becoming a battle of manipulation and persuasion.

Mahouka Koukou no Rettousei - I started reading this a couple of days ago after a recommendation from my friend who is reading the novels. Another one with a strong premise, modern day magic with a system similar to that in Mx0, condensing magic protocols to shorten incantation times, magic is more like a technology than a special power. The school is split in two, the "blooms" and the "weeds", the blooms are the prodigy groups, the high schoring students from their entry exams and the weeds are the lower scoring group. The story follows a weed, and his sister, a bloom.

Hopefully you enjoy at least one of these if you choose to read them.
Jun 3, 2013 10:13 AM

Oct 2012
@Moodway:

koi no katachi is a nice one shot.

annarasumanara is a psychological Naver Webtoon. I've only read the first part, but I heard it's nice.

Harukana machi e is a good psychological manga.

I second Liar game, but it is more about the battle of manipulation and persuasion as Rizzles says, rather than characters problems and character development. So it's a different kind of a psychological.

Bitter virgin is a romance manga.

orange marmalade is another naver webtoon, the romance is slow but it also has drama.

aoi hana has romance and drama
Jun 3, 2013 10:14 AM

Dec 2012
@Rizzles ,

just call me mood.

yep , I heard about that and my brains can't handle all the excitement , lol.
Hopefully it won't be rushed , really want to see how it goes.

webtoons (gag comics) are not really up my alley , I tried once reading but somehow it just doesn't interest me. Thanks for rec though!

oh man , couldn't stop reading Liar Game. Loving it!

Started Mahouka Koukoua no Rettousei as well , liking it so far.

Thanks for recs and I'm actually open to any genre , I just said my preferences.
Jun 3, 2013 11:04 AM

Apr 2008
Try out Hinako Ashihara's titles. Especially Piece and Sunadokei. There is also Bokura ga Ita. Kanojo ga uso wo aishisugiteru ist spruprisingly nice, too. Yoshimizu Wataru titles are also solid well paces above average. Akagami no Shirayuki-hime is also great romance.
Jun 4, 2013 11:49 AM
May 2013
Looking for manga with one, some, or all genres listed.

Harem, Ecchi, Comedy, Romance, Shoujo

As much as possible, I would like to avoid

Reverse Harem, Shounen Ai, Action

And it's optional, but if it has circumstances like these, that would be perfect.

a) Popular girl falls in love with a plain boy
b) Girl falls in love with a boy because of a shared secret

I know I'm demanding, but I have some tastes too :s

Note: Don't worry if you can't find all of the requirements here. You can ignore some genres to put in, and to avoid, and all circumstances, if you can't find some, it would still be a-OK.

Thanks for the help.
Jun 4, 2013 3:29 PM
Feb 2012
Mscizor said:
Looking for manga with one, some, or all genres listed.

Harem, Ecchi, Comedy, Romance, Shoujo

As much as possible, I would like to avoid

Reverse Harem, Shounen Ai, Action

And it's optional, but if it has circumstances like these, that would be perfect.

a) Popular girl falls in love with a plain boy
b) Girl falls in love with a boy because of a shared secret

I know I'm demanding, but I have some tastes too :s

Note: Don't worry if you can't find all of the requirements here. You can ignore some genres to put in, and to avoid, and all circumstances, if you can't find some, it would still be a-OK.

Thanks for the help.

We meet again, friend.

Kimi no Iru Machi, Dengeki Daisy and Tonari no Kaibutsu-kun are my recommendations this time.
The release of atomic energy has not created a new problem. It has merely made more urgent the necessity of solving an existing one. - Albert Einstein
Jun 4, 2013 3:35 PM

Apr 2008
Kare Kano probably also fits in.
Jun 5, 2013 1:12 AM
May 2013
Thanks for the help in both anime and manga recommendations! Now I have more things to use to pass time. :D
Jun 21, 2013 12:15 PM

Dec 2008
I'm looking for manga with History genre

hopefully no Ecchi/Smut/Harem/

doesn't have problem with other genres

Also you can see my manga list from profile ^^
Jun 21, 2013 2:12 PM

Sep 2012
You could read Kingdom, I see you have the anime on hold, but the manga is much faster to read, and doesn't have the awful looking cg, the art is actually really nice.

I've only read a bit of Blade of the Immortal but that seems pretty good too.

I know a people who read Vagabond and they seem to think that's amazing too, but I can only personally say go for Kingdom.
Jun 21, 2013 11:05 PM

Aug 2010
I'm looking for a manga that has a interesting plot, but focuses mostly on character development. ANY genre.

Hoping to avoid ecchi or smut. Not a huge fan of Shounen Ai either.

The story can be dark, but I love one that has a good balance of humor and darker moments.

Jun 22, 2013 3:40 PM
May 2012
I am looking for an Action/Fantasy/Romance manga (All together) I've been interested in this mix of genres and need some help finding some. Ecchi is fine and I would like the artwork to be nice as well as the male MC to be brave.
Jun 22, 2013 5:19 PM
Apr 2013
Rurouni Kenshin is extremely good if you don't mind a pretty old manga
Jun 22, 2013 6:03 PM

Sep 2012
@Kiwigreeneyes
This was a tricky one for me just because the way I see it at least the boundaries that end up defining a manga as an ecchi are way more loose than they are in anime, looking through my own list as well to find stories that actually have solid character development was pretty hard too, made me realize how undeveloped some of the stuff I actually read is haha. But nonetheless, I only found a few but you might find them interesting at least:

Chikan Otoko - (Don't be put off by the title meaning Molester Man, that gets clarified literally in the first few pages as a misunderstanding). The story follows our protagonist, dubbed "molester man" by the author, as he is walking home and because he is travelling in the same direction as a women in front of her who is of a nervous disposition, she mistakes him for a stalker and they end up going to the police station. The story progresses as he goes from shut in, to learning the true value of friendship, and the pain and joy they bring.

Girls of the Wild's - This is a webcomic/manhwa, for the first few chapters the pages are stretched and few in number, but they grow shorter and larger in number after the first twenty or so like a normal manga. I'd set this as an action/comedy/drama sort of story, following the main male lead as he struggles to live a normal life taking care of his younger siblings, he decides to go to college on a free scholarship whilst working outside of school hours all to provide for his family. But he gets caught up in the madness of the school that is the wild's, a previously all girls school that is notorious for breeding marshal arts genius' a plenty. Oh, and this manhwa is also in colour (its very pretty!)

The Breaker - Another Manhwa that leans towards the fighting, the story follows both teacher and student, as the student learns to protect what he holds dear to him (Karate kid much? no but in all seriousness its pretty good). He quickly gets swept into the underground scene though when his teachers past creeps up on him and drags him back into the underworld, with his student too.

@Fangclaw
Ecchi is fine you say? Ahaha I get to let out my inner beast....that sounded a lot better in my head and a lot less awkward than in writing, but we'll go with it anyway!

Mahouka Koukou no Rettousei - In a world where magic is essentially a technology, jobs of importance, and salaries are dependent on how capable a mage the person is, with those incapable of magic being near the bottom. Magic is truly a skill and trade that has been adapted into this world, so this leaves us with....oh yes, a high school!(Thank you Japan for more high schools!) This high school is set into two different tiers, the blooms and the weeds, symbolize by a different emblem on the uniform, blooms being the good mages, and weeds being the bad mages. The story follows the main male lead, a weed, and his sister, a bloom. The main male very quickly shows how even though he is a "weed" his power far surpasses many others simply due to his method is not one that is recognized or tested in entrance exams.

Mx0 - Another modern magic one, this time its in the form of cards, you can apply spells to your cards, and the amount of spells and quantity of use is based on the level of your card, as you prove yourself you can upgrade your card as you become a better mage. The story follows the main male as he spectacularly fails his entrance exam, and goes to the school grounds to make his strong opinions known like a real man! After some confusion, he ends up inside the school, having assaulted a teacher and destroyed a classroom, obviously the smart thing to do is to let him join the school. Hilarity, awkwardness, and some pretty well thought out action scenes ensue.

Trinity Seven: 7-nin Mahoutsukai - It's been a while since I read this one actually so my memory might be a little vague, the main character is able to cause something called a breakdown phenomenon, in which, as it sounds, causes matter within the area to break down and be destroyed. The powers they use are called forth through books called grimoires, and range from time manipulation to teleportation, the story follows the main male lead trying to recover his childhood friend who was taken away from him.
RizzlesJun 22, 2013 6:24 PM
Jun 23, 2013 12:29 AM

Dec 2008
Rizzles said:
You could read Kingdom, I see you have the anime on hold, but the manga is much faster to read, and doesn't have the awful looking cg, the art is actually really nice.

I've only read a bit of Blade of the Immortal but that seems pretty good too.

I know a people who read Vagabond and they seem to think that's amazing too, but I can only personally say go for Kingdom.

thanks,I will try Kingdom,don't know anything about vagabond but I'm reading blade of immortal already ^^
Jun 23, 2013 8:50 AM
May 2012
Rizzles said:
@Kiwigreeneyes
This was a tricky one for me just because the way I see it at least the boundaries that end up defining a manga as an ecchi are way more loose than they are in anime, looking through my own list as well to find stories that actually have solid character development was pretty hard too, made me realize how undeveloped some of the stuff I actually read is haha. But nonetheless, I only found a few but you might find them interesting at least:

Chikan Otoko - (Don't be put off by the title meaning Molester Man, that gets clarified literally in the first few pages as a misunderstanding). The story follows our protagonist, dubbed "molester man" by the author, as he is walking home and because he is travelling in the same direction as a women in front of her who is of a nervous disposition, she mistakes him for a stalker and they end up going to the police station. The story progresses as he goes from shut in, to learning the true value of friendship, and the pain and joy they bring.

Girls of the Wild's - This is a webcomic/manhwa, for the first few chapters the pages are stretched and few in number, but they grow shorter and larger in number after the first twenty or so like a normal manga. I'd set this as an action/comedy/drama sort of story, following the main male lead as he struggles to live a normal life taking care of his younger siblings, he decides to go to college on a free scholarship whilst working outside of school hours all to provide for his family. But he gets caught up in the madness of the school that is the wild's, a previously all girls school that is notorious for breeding marshal arts genius' a plenty. Oh, and this manhwa is also in colour (its very pretty!)

The Breaker - Another Manhwa that leans towards the fighting, the story follows both teacher and student, as the student learns to protect what he holds dear to him (Karate kid much? no but in all seriousness its pretty good). He quickly gets swept into the underground scene though when his teachers past creeps up on him and drags him back into the underworld, with his student too.

@Fangclaw
Ecchi is fine you say? Ahaha I get to let out my inner beast....that sounded a lot better in my head and a lot less awkward than in writing, but we'll go with it anyway!

Mahouka Koukou no Rettousei - In a world where magic is essentially a technology, jobs of importance, and salaries are dependent on how capable a mage the person is, with those incapable of magic being near the bottom. Magic is truly a skill and trade that has been adapted into this world, so this leaves us with....oh yes, a high school!(Thank you Japan for more high schools!) This high school is set into two different tiers, the blooms and the weeds, symbolize by a different emblem on the uniform, blooms being the good mages, and weeds being the bad mages. The story follows the main male lead, a weed, and his sister, a bloom. The main male very quickly shows how even though he is a "weed" his power far surpasses many others simply due to his method is not one that is recognized or tested in entrance exams.

Mx0 - Another modern magic one, this time its in the form of cards, you can apply spells to your cards, and the amount of spells and quantity of use is based on the level of your card, as you prove yourself you can upgrade your card as you become a better mage. The story follows the main male as he spectacularly fails his entrance exam, and goes to the school grounds to make his strong opinions known like a real man! After some confusion, he ends up inside the school, having assaulted a teacher and destroyed a classroom, obviously the smart thing to do is to let him join the school. Hilarity, awkwardness, and some pretty well thought out action scenes ensue.

Trinity Seven: 7-nin Mahoutsukai - It's been a while since I read this one actually so my memory might be a little vague, the main character is able to cause something called a breakdown phenomenon, in which, as it sounds, causes matter within the area to break down and be destroyed. The powers they use are called forth through books called grimoires, and range from time manipulation to teleportation, the story follows the main male lead trying to recover his childhood friend who was taken away from him.

Wow, I just checked both of those manga's out and they look absolutely perfect, They both have a minimum amount of chapters as well, after I'm done I guess I might as well count on your help again. Thanks.
Jun 23, 2013 9:08 AM

Sep 2012
No problem, The top and bottom ones are still publishing at the moment, and you can probably catch up on both within a couple of hours, whereas the one in the middle is complete, and is nice and short at around 20 pages a chapter so its too hefty to manage.
Jun 23, 2013 10:57 AM

Apr 2008
I am somehwat getting close to my 500th completed Manga title. (with which I also reach the next MalGraph Manga Archievement, haha)

I was just pondering about, what would be great enough to sit on this sorts of more special number.
Only limitation, it should be be a title that can be set as completed and, of course, good enough to deserve the spot.

Any ideas, what I could like well enough judging from the scores of my sourhundred something titles so far?

What I seem to dislike to detest are gaudy cliche romances, smut, ecchi, overly use of splatter and I guess things that can be predicted all to easily. Comedy titles tend to have difficulties to get higher scores, too.
But these are only rules of thumbs.
Jun 23, 2013 11:23 AM

Aug 2010
Rizzles said:
@Kiwigreeneyes

Thanks so much!

Jun 24, 2013 5:58 PM
May 2012
Need some more recommendations for Action/Fantasy/Romance manga's with good art and a brave and likable MC male.

Akame ga Kill! is a good example, it has action fantasy and a hint of romance in it and the MC is brave.
Jun 27, 2013 9:08 PM
Jul 2012
Does someone got any medium short (20-29 chapters) underrated romance I may like?
Jun 27, 2013 11:22 PM

Mar 2011
@Fangclaw

Gate: Jietai Kare no Chi nite, Kaku Tatakeri - Relatively new so there is much to still be decided it has good art and a creative fantasy pretense combined with a likeable laid-back mc.

Tail Star - While the mc is a young boy, the overall format of the story is very traumatic so it pulls it off somehow and brave isn't really a question. It is also very early in development so romance may develop, but there is a bit more of an adventure to this story so it may not progress.

Isuca - A wild card. I just was looking for stuff to read and the synopsis looked interesting and it seems to fit your request.

@GoldenBRS

I tried to read through your anime list to get a feel for the romance that you like and the only romance manga that I have near your requests is:
Shi ni Itaru Yamai
which is a psychological romance with a very dark pretense. I apologize if that is not your interests.
Jun 28, 2013 8:15 AM
Jul 2012
That manga looks good. Thanks.
Jun 29, 2013 9:39 AM

Dec 2012
Hey guys, I'm looking for some slice of life, comedy manga like Usagi Drop, Yotsuba&! or something like that since I really love manga involving little girls got tired of action ones
I don't care if it's josei or seinen, and romance is optional too. Also, ecchi is out of the question.
Thanks.

Jul 4, 2013 9:00 AM

Nov 2010
So I found these kinds of mangas really enjoyable, Sore wa Totsuzen Unmei no Aite Ga & KimiKiss: Various Heroines. They both had a collection of sweet vanilla romance stories. Are there any other mangas like these?

Edit
I've read the Amagami series already
Rinji-Jul 5, 2013 5:48 AM
Jul 4, 2013 7:10 PM
Jul 2012
Any more for me?
Jul 5, 2013 4:49 AM

Sep 2012
GoldenBRS said:

The only thing I can suggest is Nineteen, Twenty-One, a Manhwa by one of my favorite artists, its all in color so it looks stunning even if you don't enjoy the story. Other than that.
bump
SenshaOtoko said:

bump because I don't usually read manga with little girls don't get bored of action ;D
Rinji- said:

bump because I don't know how ecchi these are, if they are minamoto-kun type ecchi or fairy tail ecchi, I will have a check when I get home but I gotta head off to work for now.
Jul 5, 2013 5:26 AM

Dec 2012
Rinji- said:
So I found these kinds of mangas really enjoyable, Sore wa Totsuzen Unmei no Aite Ga & KimiKiss: Various Heroines. They both had a collection of sweet vanilla romance stories. Are there any other mangas like these?

Then you should read Amagami series.

@Rizzles I assume you like big boobs, am I wrong?
Jul 5, 2013 8:45 AM
May 2013
Looking for a romance manga. It's either a:

a): Good story romance

b): Comedy romance

c): Harem romance (this one can only be paired with a or b, and can't be alone.)

A combination of all three would be good too. Thanks :D
Jul 5, 2013 3:32 PM

Sep 2012
First of all, apologies for the late replies for some of you.
@Mscizor
Kaichou wa Maid-sama! - You put it on hold for the anime at least, the manga has been announced as finishing soon so it will be concluded in september. Not sure if i can call it a good story, a lot of people seem to be conflicted on that, but it is funny at least, Usui is probably one of the funniest shoujo main male leads I've ever seen.

If you don't mind ecchi's then these are pretty funny at times, leaning on the more action comedy side of things.
Kikou Shoujo wa Kizutsukana - Characters and their magic familiars, plot surrounds the topic of familiars constructed from humans.

Trinity 7 - A bit like Mx0, powers are stored in grimoires (not cards) and are unique to the grimoire, the main character of course having a special one thats power literally breaks down particles around him, even on a catastrophic scale as he doesn't know how to use it.

@SenshaOtoko
Not really little girl enough, but they are slice of life, and you haven't got the anime or the manga for either of them on your lists so they might be fine. :P
Aqua/Aria - Very chill series, Aria is the sequel to Aqua, the art is very nice too. The story follows a new recruit on her journey to become an Undine (they are sort of like tourist guides) on the teraformed planet of Mars, she is living in Neo-Venezia, and as you might expect, its a town with many canals and lakes.

Bartender - While it is a little repetitive by nature, I still enjoy reading it, its about...a bartender who is known to serve "the glass of gods", a drink that can calm the heart of any person he serves. Many people come to him with their problems and he gives them a drink and helps them, theres a bit of drama along the way too. If anything this teaches you how to make certain drinks for when you hit drinking age.

And I like whatever will pull my hair, spit in my mouth and tell my I am beautiful.

@GoldenBRS
I don't think any of these are really that underrated, but they are all short romances.
Bitter Virgin - Your non-typical timid girl confident guy story.

Chikan Otoko - I think I probably end up recommending this to everyone at some point lol, don't be put off by the name, thats more of a misunderstanding that gets explained in the first chapter anyway, probably one of the best dramas I have ever read, good suspense. It's about a loner who gets mistaken as a stalker, after clearing up the issue he gets pulled into their inner circle/circle of friends.

Kagami no Kuni no Harisugawa - The main character gets into an accident but is saved by being pulled into a mysterious mirror, now living in the mirror world he has to figure out how to break out with the help of the girl he is in love with.

Watashitachi no Shiawase no Jikan - This has always struck me as one of those pretentious works which I am not hip enough to understand, but as a lot of people seem to really like it then I guess I can recommend it anyway.The story follows a women who has failed suicide many times and the convict she visits who has taken 3 lives as they come to realize the preciousness of the lives they have.

@Rinji-
From the chapters I skim-read of Sore wa Totsuzen it seems like its the comedy ecchi type of manga, so these are some other comedy ecchi's that you might consider reading.

Mx0 - Very funny stuff, the main character fails his entrance exam to his high school of choice and so goes back to return the favor, after being mistaken for a student he gets pulled in anyway and all hell breaks loose from there. Oh and its a school of mages, he didn't know that, its fun when he finds out.

Tadashii Kodomo no Tsukurikata - After someone comes back from the future, the main character is told by him that the fate of the world lies in his hands, and that to save the world he must marry a certain girl. Easier said than done when other forces from the future seeking destruction also come back to tempt him into doing otherwise.

Tora Kiss - A school of summoners, information can be shared and the general goal of the students is knowledge. Battles take place between the summoners to increase their knowledge and prove their strength. The main character is a delinquent who always turns up late, and has a grand total of 0 fights and is thus ranked lowest. This changes when his childhood friend comes back to the school with a grudge and challenges him.
Jul 6, 2013 12:02 AM

Dec 2012
@Rizzles I'll check these two out, thanks.

You're quite a masochist xD
Jul 6, 2013 12:36 AM

Dec 2012
Rizzles said:

Rinji- said:

bump because I don't know how ecchi these are, if they are minamoto-kun type ecchi or fairy tail ecchi, I will have a check when I get home but I gotta head off to work for now.

I'm sure they both are seinen/ecchi type. since I'm lover of these genres , I can recommend tons of things ;

http://myanimelist.net/manga/22143/Hetakoi
havent read it yet but so far funny , it has slow pace.

http://myanimelist.net/manga/30123/Minamoto-kun_Monogatari
tons of ecchi and has plot as well.

http://myanimelist.net/manga/44155/Kimi_wa_Midara_na_Boku_no_Joou
this made me love seinen/ecchi genre.

http://myanimelist.net/manga/447/Oretama
hilarious one and has great romance.

http://myanimelist.net/manga/14773/Pink_de_Pink
if you like loli then try this.

http://myanimelist.net/manga/21419/Nozoki_Ana
best seinen/ecchi pair I've read , definetly try it.

http://myanimelist.net/manga/1501/Sundome
if you loved Nozoki Ana , try this.
quite similar but this one is more creepier and more ecchi. no , ecchi is in every chapter.
Jul 7, 2013 10:59 AM
Jul 2012
Rizzles said:
First of all, apologies for the late replies for some of you.

@GoldenBRS
I don't think any of these are really that underrated, but they are all short romances.
Bitter Virgin - Your non-typical timid girl confident guy story.

Chikan Otoko - I think I probably end up recommending this to everyone at some point lol, don't be put off by the name, thats more of a misunderstanding that gets explained in the first chapter anyway, probably one of the best dramas I have ever read, good suspense. It's about a loner who gets mistaken as a stalker, after clearing up the issue he gets pulled into their inner circle/circle of friends.

Kagami no Kuni no Harisugawa - The main character gets into an accident but is saved by being pulled into a mysterious mirror, now living in the mirror world he has to figure out how to break out with the help of the girl he is in love with.

Watashitachi no Shiawase no Jikan - This has always struck me as one of those pretentious works which I am not hip enough to understand, but as a lot of people seem to really like it then I guess I can recommend it anyway.The story follows a women who has failed suicide many times and the convict she visits who has taken 3 lives as they come to realize the preciousness of the lives they have.

Chikan Otoko the name didn't offend me one bit. In fact, I don't know what the name means. Looks great! Fits the situation I want. Will put this to my ptr.

Watashitachi no Shiawase no Jikan Don't know this manga before. I surprised that it has 8 chapters. May try this one even the story sorta not fits what I want.

Bitter Virgin Hmm, I guess I may read this one, but I not so sure on that one yet.

Kagami no Kuni no Harisugawa ehh this doesn't really interest me on reading this one.
Jul 7, 2013 7:37 PM

Dec 2012
I want to find something that:
- is completed
- does not have a good anime adaption (if at all)
- isn't too subculture-y (I don't want to read a manga whose merit is based on some one exquisite feature. For example if something is really incredibly well drawn but doesn't really have a good story there is probably some subculture which can look past its flaws. I won't.)
- has a consistent story

I would also prefer it if it didn't have a very high rating since I'm assuming that most of the higher rated stuff passes these restrictions. I realize that there isn't a lot of stuff that fits this description but it would be awesome if you could think of something. I haven't really read a lot of manga but I like the medium so I will probably read a lot of it this summer (that's why you probably don't need to bother with the higher rated stuff since I'll probably read it anyway, however I do appreciate any advice on how I should go about reading it - like if something isn't any good or something is incredibly good etc.).

I have a completely neutral disposition towards ecchi btw I don't really let it affect me either way.

That's it. I hope someone will recommend me something but if not then ... well no harm done ^^
Jul 8, 2013 1:47 AM
Feb 2013
hello everyone im looking for a manga or manhua(either one) similar to the manga madan no ou to senki and if you dont know any then just give an option of your favorite manga or manhua and ill check it out

thank you
DERP
Jul 8, 2013 2:22 AM

Oct 2012
@PawnDa: how about Vampire Juuji Kai? it's not among the top high rated.
Jul 8, 2013 1:00 PM

Feb 2009
Ok! it didn't work out with anime so maybe I'll have som more luck with manga....

Anybody know some manga that it's characters fights ghosts, demons and other supernatural things using modern weaponry and tactic??

And by the way someone know what manga it is? http://img189.imageshack.us/img189/6955/4e57.jpg

Jul 8, 2013 1:03 PM

Sep 2012
majorkusanagi said:
And by the way someone know what manga it is? http://img189.imageshack.us/img189/6955/4e57.jpg

That is Gantz/Minus

Good luck with the rec, as with the anime I got nothing really haha.
Jul 8, 2013 4:27 PM

Jan 2013
majorkusanagi said:
Ok! it didn't work out with anime so maybe I'll have som more luck with manga....

Anybody know some manga that it's characters fights ghosts, demons and other supernatural things using modern weaponry and tactic??

You've seen the anime but the manga Ao no Exorcist is still ongoing so you could give that a try since you liked the anime too.
There's also Chrno Crusade but although the MC uses guns it's set in the 1920's so can't really say it's modern but you might like it.

Hoped that helped somewhat.
Jul 10, 2013 10:45 AM

Nov 2010
@deeviluke

Thanks, I'll definitely check out some of these, but most of them are on my list already :)
Jul 10, 2013 1:04 PM

Jul 2013
I would like to read a manga what is still new or has few chapters (sth maybe with 50+, but not like over 200 or so..) and genres would be fantasy, horror, psychology.
Jul 10, 2013 5:09 PM
Mar 2012
Just starting to get into manga and found that I really enjoyed Deadman Wonderland (even if it isn't completely finished yet). Any recommendations for something that provides the same type of atmosphere?
Jul 11, 2013 4:50 AM

Jul 2013
Anime similar to InuXBoku SS?
i'm looking for
a. Anime with similar styles, like Jigoku shoujo... i LOVE this style of drawing..
b. Anime with similar types of supernatural romance, like Kamisama hajimemashita...
[NO VAMPIRES, PLEASE]
c.Anime with the same type of somewhat tsundere character.. like ToraDora, Itazura na kiss, kaichou wa maid sama...etc..

pls recommend titles other than the ones i mentioned..

i'v also already checked out the individual recommendations pages of each of the above anime, and i'v already watched everything i want from there...

Thanks a bunch!! (=^.^=)
Jul 11, 2013 5:46 PM

Sep 2012
Thought I would give it a few days to see if anyone else was going to recommend much, the manga rec section seems a bit more deserted than the anime one, unfortunately I am not really a manga machine so what I can recommend from personal experience is limited, but I know how to dig around a bit and talk to some super nerds, it's also currently 2am here and I am relatively derpy and spaced out so forgive me if I repeat myself or make spelling/BBCode mistakes etc. Anyways have no fear, let the sub-par recommendations begin!
*Cracks knuckles*

*ouch*

@nikemike12
It's been a few days and your request has still gone unanswered, I can only recommend based on assumptions from the synopsis of that manga and just did a little hunting around the genres for similar stuff, at first I instantly thought Freezing but you were already reading it. I came up with two others, you will have to jump into the dark with these if you choose to read them and let me know if they are any good. They are:

Isuca

Zero no Tsukiama (though you have seen the anime >.<)

As for favorites of mine or just generally popular manga (that you aren't already reading):

Chikan Otoko, Dogs: Bullets and Carnage, Great Teacher Onizuka, Hajime no Ippo and The Breaker. I have also been enjoying Holyland and Kingdom recently too (the Kingdom manga is much better than the anime in my opinion, mainly because of the visuals). One-Punch man also has some stunning art which could pretty much be animated straight out of the pages (you might have seen some gifs flying round of it, which if you want to look at the gifs i have kindly found a few if you would like to click here, here and here). For Manhwas or web-toons, Noblesse seems quite popular, and everyone seems to be raving about Tower of God (though it isn't on the MAL database due to the publishing rules or whatever the requirements are). As a final suggestion you may also enjoy Trinity Seven. This should keep you busy for a while at the very least you might enjoy a couple, even if I couldn't do a good job on what you were aiming for.

@ZeroReichu
Horror is usually a tricky thing to find for anime at least, but there are more manga out there that are usually short because the nature of them tend to either lack the fan base for them or they are just generally short. While its not the kind of thing I read that much I do still know of a few titles that I can throw your way (heads up, *woosh*):

Akame ga Kill! - It isn't tagged as horror on MAL but it is on some other sites, the title meaning Red Eyed Killer, this gets quite brutal at times it makes you wonder how dark the author must be xD.

Doubt - If you ever played the "murderer in the room" type game as a kid, where one person is chosen as a detective and one as the murderer, and the detective has to figure out who the murderer is, this is a little similar. The difference being that everyone is detective and can also be murdered by the "wolf in rabbits clothing" so to speak.

Tsumitsuki - Short and sweet, I actually wished this was a lot longer because it had a great setting, it is about a legend within the town surrounding demons that manifest in the bodies of those who possess great amounts of guilt, once possessed the person will be slowly devoured until the demon is ready to manifest and take over.

The Umineko no Naku Koro ni / Higurashi no Naku Koro ni franchise(s) - While the individual stories are nice and short, there are a fair few sequels so you can decide when you want to stop, it might make them easier to pick up after leaving for a while. You have already seen the Higurashi anime, I'm not sure how different the stories are, I just know that one is based off of the other.

Variante - Another one which is pretty gory and is quite dark, after waking up after the slaughtering of her family, the main character harbors an uncontrollable beast within her.

Also you have Liar game on your plan to watch list, it is very cleverly done and (though it isn't a horror/fantasy) I can recommend this as well, but it does start to slow down past the 100 chapter mark and as of up to date, feels like it should have finished :/.

@FireFly1
I have only heard from a few people about the Deadman Wonderland anime and seen a couple of reviews, but I guess that you are looking for a fight for survival type situation with some good immersion into trapped existence type of deal, I can only really recommend a couple:

Btoooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooom! - I think i got the amount of o's right, when a gamer gets thrown into a real life survival situation when he wakes up on an island, like deadman wonderland they are trapped inside a brutal world of what is essentially a real life version of the game he is good at.

Gantz - After 13 years it's finally finished, and is definitely a mature anime. If there is one word to describe the universe of Gantz it is dark, set in a place where its almost like morals don't even exist. What happens when you die? Everyone knows the real answer, you get taken to a black ball in a room and forces you to take part in its little game where you pick up your suit and weapon and get to go take part in a lovely battle, should you survive? You are allowed to wander around until the next battle starts, if you can clock up enough points then you get to come back to life again.

@NaiNai
If you are looking for anime we have a seperate forum for that, I will provide a link for you > here < and I can quote you over and see if anyone has any ideas, if not I can give it a go if there's not much of a response but shoujo animation style type stuff isn't really my area of expertise anyways.

EDIT: It's like you can visualize the exhaustion as you scroll down the post and there's gradually less recommendations lol.
RizzlesJul 12, 2013 4:36 AM
Jul 12, 2013 1:27 AM
Mar 2012
@Rizzles thanks a ton for the recommendations! I'll be sure to check these out.
Jul 15, 2013 2:36 PM

Jul 2013
@Rizzles Thanks for recommending, I checked up these mangas. Tsumitsuki and Variante sounded pretty interesting ones and I will probably read them pretty soon. I have already seen Higurashi as an anime and it wasn't was scary, more like reminded me a bit of 'The Saw' as it was kinda ... not kinda, but really brutal and also I have already seen the anime of Umineko what was quite interesting.
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members
Pages (15) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Sticky: » Introductions ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

imperlast - Jun 14, 2010

1415 by KokoroEnoMesseji »»
Mar 26, 8:21 PM

» Mecha Manga

PlasticRobot - Feb 23

0 by PlasticRobot »»
Feb 23, 7:05 PM

» Recomend any manga and i will read it!!

Tamurax - Feb 2

2 by Fauzy_Weliady »»
Feb 5, 7:15 PM

» Guys, check my paintings - Tribute to Makoto Shinkai

mufarari - Jan 13

1 by Tamurax »»
Feb 2, 7:36 AM

» I need manga

Charizardexbb - Jan 28

0 by Charizardexbb »»
Jan 28, 6:14 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.