Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (11) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »
Oct 13, 2011 11:15 PM

Oct 2010
DesolateOne said:
Inori is absolutely gorgeous. Goddamn.
Indeed she is. Apart from that first pose I enounced, I can tell you that yes she is.

Thing is the following,
6c6f9320.jpg
Dantalian no Shoka had the same concept so other than the art, story and setups, I don't see why would they put the gimmick of that. Moreover the same may apply to other girls and other weapons. I see lots of Dantalian no Shoka elements in this.

Don't mind but just some anger with the notion of "Recycled Ideas" Besides that tell me please how the fuck will Shu handle the following,
ea3497f5.jpg
that sword is huge and heavy. I don't remember Shu being the Hulk nor an Berserker.

- BLOG - My Club- Easiest way to reach the rest of my thoughts!
Oct 13, 2011 11:17 PM

Mar 2009
Whoa... Lots of stuff to this anime:

- RIDICULOUSLY good soundtrack
- stunning animation
- intense directing, always mindful of the mood
- poor characterization, esp. motives of the hero
- generic plot
- pace a little too quick

But overall, I'm really liking it. Directing's really solid.
Oct 13, 2011 11:23 PM

Jan 2011
Interesting! I like it! I'm excited for more! Hopefully it stays awesome!
Oct 13, 2011 11:23 PM

Sep 2010
Good first episode. I hope it can stay strong the whole way.
Oct 13, 2011 11:25 PM

Aug 2011
OMG, Inori, OMG, could she be any more hot? Gai was pretty baddass, will definitely be watching this 'til the end.
Oct 13, 2011 11:44 PM

Oct 2010
Well the only good surprise to me for the director is that it's the same as the one from HOTD so gore + ecchi may be amazing. Could be balanced out or have one episode mainly filler of it.

Getting further vibes from Blassreiter and Demonbane although I only heard about it.

- BLOG - My Club- Easiest way to reach the rest of my thoughts!
Oct 13, 2011 11:44 PM

Aug 2011
Yumekichi11 said:

that sword is huge and heavy. I don't remember Shu being the Hulk nor an Berserker.

Sure, I can accept that he can pull a sword out of a girl's body, but using it? That's ridiculous.

*selective suspension of disbelief*

=p
violaxcore.png
Oct 13, 2011 11:54 PM

Jun 2009
Derivative of Code Geass I got to say, and i got Utena vibes when I saw Shuu pull out that sword from HAWT girls chest. Not particularly impressed, aside from the animation. but I see potential.
"Yes, I have been deprived of emotion. But not completely. Whoever did it, botched the job."

- Geralt of Rivia
Oct 13, 2011 11:58 PM

Sep 2008
Animation was good. Main character was kind of unbelievable though considering he just charged into the battlefield at the end. Pretty stupid.

Still, good start I think.

insan3soldiern said:
Derivative of Code Geass I got to say
Pretty much my thoughts for the entire 2nd half of the ep.
Oct 14, 2011 12:06 AM
Feb 2011
While the concept of this series is not anything new or special, the fact that Supercell pretty much runs the series was more than enough for me to watch this.
I wrote a screenshots commentary on my Tumblr. There aren't much spoilers aside from screenshots. =D All in all, though, I think Guilty Crown would had been better if it was a Summer 2011 series, where it would stands out more. Fall 2011 is filled with good series -_-"

http://labyrinthusdesonus.tumblr.com/post/11427884432
Oct 14, 2011 12:10 AM

Jul 2009
The 'weapon pulled out of chest' thing could be worse. It could be pulled from her body a little lower. And that's probably not a good thing. At the current height, it's like he pulled it out of her soul/power or something. Not just her chest.
'Everything is impossible until proven possible.' - Me

Oct 14, 2011 12:22 AM

Jan 2011
Not having watched CG yet, I have no preconceptions and I rather liked what I saw this episode. I have three or four other shows this season that are on the verge of being dropped--this one looks like it will last for a while. That was a kick-ass OP, and I love the female lead, so even if the hero is kind of meh, I'll probably keep watching.
Please don't feed the trolls!
In my next life I want to collide at the corner with the cute transfer student
carrying a piece of toast in her mouth
...rodac

Oct 14, 2011 12:36 AM

Feb 2010
It was an ok first episode but it wasnt THAT good, i would like a more interesting power.

I hope to see something interesting and not generic.

Even if its not good i have the feeling this gonna be popular just because of inori (those kinds of things makes me mad but w/e)
Oct 14, 2011 12:48 AM
Jul 2009
I thought the entire ep was like CG. Girl stealing goods from the government granting power? Main character feeling the lack of power to do something? The firm and resolute look that randomly appears when they obtain power back to the WTF look. Ward 24 and Area 11? Intervention from another country because they can't defend themselves? It's so similar I'm thinking it's gonna drastically dive into a worse direction from here.
Oct 14, 2011 12:53 AM

Dec 2009
Well, honestly for me, it was an amazing start to the series! A little fast paced, however, I like a series when the characters are introduced quicker then spending 5 episodes to introduce the characters when it's clearly. not. needed. Haha.

Anyways, same as everyone pretty much:

**art&animation is just pure eye-candy and extreme high quality
**Redjuice's art in the ending theme just adds icing to the epic cake
**action scenes are amazing
**kept me intrigued, focused, and I couldn't keep my mouth from gaping open as I watched it
**character designs are godly

So, I'm sooooooooooooooooo glad FUNimation picked this up. Because, I'm sure by the end of it I'll be begging for DVDs. I won't have to wait long c':
Oct 14, 2011 1:16 AM

May 2010
I was expecting a lot better than this but anyway it was good.
The song, music, animation and the art design esp. Inori <3
Also, Supercell FTW!!
Will keep track on this. :)
Oct 14, 2011 1:42 AM

Jun 2009
Just a reminder: hating on Code Geass doesn't make you cool.
Oct 14, 2011 2:01 AM
Nov 2009
This will only go good if it has some serious romance in it
Oct 14, 2011 2:02 AM

Nov 2010
1st half of episode was alright, but overall it will be as bad as Sacred Seven. Stop making attack type superpowers all the time, geass was atleast used tactically.
Oct 14, 2011 2:07 AM

Jun 2009
who is EGOIST? can some tell me...
she really sounds like Nagi...and Ryo doing the songs, 65% sure she's Nagi...
Oct 14, 2011 2:18 AM

Dec 2007
Eh, thought It would be a bit better than that.

Same ol' "should have protected that random girl you don't even know" and somehow roped into this from the start main character. Cliche nonsense

Good production values though
Oct 14, 2011 2:22 AM

Sep 2008
Okay, this was fucking fantastic. Great character (not plural. Let's be honest, there's only one character so far). Good premise, just a well executed piece of work.

All this talk of Code Geass, you know what I was reminded of actually? Eureka Seven. Young man trapped in his small world. There's more out there. He knows he can do more, but how does he get out there and do it? Has a severe case of celebrity worship for someone who turns out to be a terrorist. The object of his idolization suddenly turns up and gives him a chance to go out there into the wide world and do something, all that's left is for him to figure out if he's got the spine to do it. Initial bout of failure but finally he just throws it all to the wind, leaps haphazardously into the abyss and just hopes he'll find a way to catch himself.

Exact premise of the first episode of both shows. Any similarities there may be to Code Geass pall by comparison.

Anyway yeah, I just fucking love shit like this. We're gonna have an underground group of freedom fighters trying to take down an oppressive regime or something. Guy's gonna have a little bit of coming of age awesomeness for himself. Become a man and find his purpose in life.

Not a fan of how the whole "Take my power" schtick was executed, but whatever. I've watched shows with worse faults and enjoyed them.
Oct 14, 2011 2:40 AM
Aug 2011
I like the idea, I figured this wouldn't be too original. It holds true to it's genre but at the same time I find myself liking the main character. I like his timid attitude and the fact that he really wants to change. The action was decent and it looks to be a pretty sweet power he has obtained.
Oct 14, 2011 2:51 AM
Mar 2011
lol i love how all these people comment as if they watched the entire 25 episode anime instead of just a 20min 1st episode. What do you think would happen if all of a sudden, the kid just started killing all the main villains in the first episode? You're going to say,"Well that was a bit rushed..." Its a lose lose situation. Its like fantasizing about how the sex is going to be when you havent even held hands.

The internet is pretty much our solution to overpopulation. People are so disillusioned with time and perception, that its not even funny. I seriously think virtual relationships and sex is going to be the next big thing, cause people wont even have the brain capacity to function in a people-oriented society. Oh wait, its already started, I think it was called galge.
Oct 14, 2011 2:55 AM

Feb 2010
i liked the first ep looking forward to more.
Oct 14, 2011 2:57 AM
Dec 2007
Some hot animation and direction from Araki/IG even though the script seemed messy at best. Shinji... huh Shu is kinda bland but will make up as a good indecisive main character.

In every age, in every place, the deeds of men remain the same.
Oct 14, 2011 3:18 AM
Nov 2008
DarkDestiny said:
I thought the entire ep was like CG. Girl stealing goods from the government granting power? Main character feeling the lack of power to do something? The firm and resolute look that randomly appears when they obtain power back to the WTF look. Ward 24 and Area 11? Intervention from another country because they can't defend themselves? It's so similar I'm thinking it's gonna drastically dive into a worse direction from here.

The problem is instead of solid plot and nice characters we got hurr-durr-giantic sword and then mechas choped in one hit. Completely inferior compared to geass
Oct 14, 2011 3:58 AM

Jul 2010
pretty good, could've been better though
Oct 14, 2011 4:05 AM

Aug 2009
The biggest problem of this episode (aside from my personal hatred for its portrayer of 2ch-net-rightist argument and direct imagery to shield their war crime) is a main character. He is unlikable and cliche. Other than that, there is only 2.64% chance that this will surpass Code Geass. No way, but this will be good watching brain turned off, enjoying quality action sequences.

and, Supercell = LOVE
Oct 14, 2011 4:06 AM

Jan 2008
Let's see if production values will hold me from dropping this... Bad pacing and storytelling was similar to 1st episode of Code Geass so it may turn better later on as well.

7/10

"There is a road in the hearts of all of us, hidden and seldom traveled,
which leads to an unknown, secret place."
Oct 14, 2011 4:08 AM

Jun 2008
Renton- said:Eh, thought It would be a bit better than that.
Same ol' "should have protected that random girl you don't even know" and somehow roped into this from the start main character. Cliche nonsense
Good production values though
Oct 14, 2011 4:43 AM

Feb 2008
Oh wow, that's how you do a first episode. I'm hooked already.
Oct 14, 2011 4:48 AM

Jun 2008
Nooow , that was a great first episode :o. I have the feeling that it will be my another favorite anime :).

But the one thing I don't like and it seems to be very popular in anime , its that main characters are almost always underage and that seems soo abstract even for an anime with mecha, magic and all other stuff like that . 16 years old , 15 years old , 14 years old - those are Guerrilla Resistance Group "Undertaker" ?! Seriously ?! And the most horrible examples are those like Gai in this Anime.

HOW CAN YOU TELL US , THAT HE IS 17 YEARS OLD FFS !!!

AlenaOct 14, 2011 4:55 AM
Oct 14, 2011 5:00 AM
Sep 2009
Bleh, too cliche. A timid brat meets cute girl, gets some kind of super power and becomes a fighter for happy future? Cmon, lol.
At least the art was ok.
Oct 14, 2011 5:02 AM

Apr 2011
Alena said:
Nooow , that was a great first episode :o. I have the feeling that it will be my another favorite anime :).
But the one thing I don't like and it seems to be very popular in anime , its that main characters are almost always underage and that seems soo abstract even for an anime with mecha, magic and all other stuff like that . 16 years old , 15 years old , 14 years old - those are Guerrilla Resistance Group "Undertaker" ?! Seriously ?! And the most horrible examples are those like Gai in this Anime.HOW CAN YOU TELL US , THAT HE IS 17 YEARS OLD FFS !!!

Post-apocalyptic stories do tend to make the kiddies grow up faster than normal ... hard to find time for adolescent immaturities when you're trying not to a) die of the plague or b) get shot by an overenthusiastic soldier for being 'infected'.

Plus, it's a blatant attempt to get the teenage crowd to identify with the protagonist and attract attention ... same reason there's so many anime set in high school.
Oct 14, 2011 5:41 AM

Jan 2009
well from the preview notes it was obvious that this is cliche i wonder why ppl are complaining now ... u should have expected it @-)
Oct 14, 2011 6:00 AM

Jul 2009
Gorgeous art and animation, great music... the 'combination of several popular ideas and cliches' plot and characters are slightly disappointing, but I think, despite that, they pulled it off pretty well, and therefore it was still really enjoyable for me.

I'm really curious about whether people would be calling the main character spineless and wimpy for not protecting the girl if she were a dude instead. Personally, if I got caught up in a situation like that, and was told by some soldiers 'this person is a terrorist, so we're arresting them. We'll assume you're an accomplice if you interfere', I wouldn't get involved, even if the terrorist in question was attractive xP
If any of my posts seem odd, it's probably because I'm tired. Sorry. I have sleeping issues.
Oct 14, 2011 6:07 AM

Oct 2011
After I watched it one minute: she has a beautiul voice, i like it
and after I watched the whole ep: SHIT WOW THIS ANIME IS AWESOME
i like this! can't wait for the next ep *_*
Oct 14, 2011 7:20 AM

Feb 2010
ringoo4 said:
there is only 2.64% chance that this will surpass Code Geass

Can you please humor me as to how you reached a number that specific?

Oct 14, 2011 7:23 AM
Oct 2007
amirhoss said:well from the preview notes it was obvious that this is cliche i wonder why ppl are complaining now ... u should have expected it @-)

It's in the noitaminA slot. NoitaminA shows are supposed to defy cliches, not brazenly rip them off.
noitaminA + Production IG promised a brilliantly animated and refreshing sci-fi show that promised something different. Instead we got a dumbed down shounen Code Geass. Of course people who actually want good shows are going to be disappointed.
Normal well-adjusted human being
Oct 14, 2011 7:24 AM

Sep 2008
sillyriri said:
Gorgeous art and animation, great music... the 'combination of several popular ideas and cliches' plot and characters are slightly disappointing, but I think, despite that, they pulled it off pretty well, and therefore it was still really enjoyable for me.
I'm really curious about whether people would be calling the main character spineless and wimpy for not protecting the girl if she were a dude instead. Personally, if I got caught up in a situation like that, and was told by some soldiers 'this person is a terrorist, so we're arresting them. We'll assume you're an accomplice if you interfere', I wouldn't get involved, even if the terrorist in question was attractive xP

There was pretty clearly nothing he could do. It was what, four or five armed and armored opponents? There's having courage and then there's having a deathwish.

Still, I'm thinking Gai is gonna be one of those rich and well bred types who are just better than everyone else and looks down their nose at people who don't measure up. "You couldn't take them? So you're not only spineless, but also weak". The type to say that sort of thing. With him at least it's probably just his schtick, and Shu was obviously just beating himself up. Wishing he'd been able to do something. Powerlessness feels shitty.

Until I see otherwise I'm gonna assume Gai's brief bit with Shu was the equivalent of Superman asking why you didn't just fly real fast saving everyone from the bullets and explosions.
Oct 14, 2011 7:28 AM

Nov 2009
Actually this was rather disapointing 1st episode ... guess my expectations were little bit to high with all that hype for this show. Unoriginal and as cliche as you can get with the usual annoying and boring main male character. I wonder how many ppl would find this AMAZING if the girl wasnt almost naked with boobs sticking right into your eyes ?

Seems like its almost a copy of Code Geass and pulling of some random superpower out a girls chest like Dantalian no Shoka. 5/10 for first episode but gonna give this a chance to get better.
Oct 14, 2011 7:41 AM
Jan 2010
the songs are so OP <3<3<3
art is good too, but the one im looking forward to is the history of this anime
Oct 14, 2011 8:22 AM

Jun 2011
That was a good animation, I hope the story doesn't get bad as it progresses, I rate it 8/10 for now :)
"Kindness can bring you even bigger troubles." - Akemi Homura[/right]
Oct 14, 2011 8:36 AM

May 2010
Pretty nice flash-and-bang for a cliche story set-up.
Oct 14, 2011 8:54 AM

Sep 2008
Code Geass + Ghost in the Shell = Guilty Crown~~~
Oct 14, 2011 9:19 AM

Apr 2010
ShoutaAzuma said:
Code Geass + Ghost in the Shell = Guilty Crown~~~

+Dantalian no Shoka
Oct 14, 2011 9:47 AM

Apr 2011
That was awesome~
Oct 14, 2011 9:49 AM

May 2009
I have mixed feelings about it. The structure of episode is nice, since it is the first episode. It doesn't lose time and heads straight into action. But the series itself...I really could care less about it, for the time being.
Oct 14, 2011 10:23 AM

Nov 2010
Nice episode but I don't think it is SO amazing... As some others said before it is a little bit too cliche and not so special so far. But the art and the music is awesome! I'll give it a try.
Pages (11) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» Pissed me off

rishamr - Apr 15

40 by kyouya_akai »»
Apr 21, 3:48 AM

Poll: » Guilty Crown Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

ChronosXIII - Oct 16, 2011

384 by ozrodger46 »»
Apr 11, 8:36 PM

» Guilty Crown Ending Explanation/Interpretation ( 1 2 3 4 )

Xspy70 - Jul 21, 2015

179 by immaluckez »»
Mar 15, 4:48 AM

Poll: » Guilty Crown Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

tsubasalover - Oct 27, 2011

332 by BrandonKnapp20 »»
Feb 28, 11:34 PM

Poll: » Guilty Crown Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Yumekichi11 - Dec 1, 2011

394 by Starbraker61 »»
Feb 25, 2:10 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.