Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Jul 23, 2008 7:18 PM

Jun 2008
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Those stupid idiot townspeople!!! That's like misuse of Ai and Wanyuudou and Hone-Onna and Ren T___T

Not to mention Takuma... he's just a kid -_-"... and the detective too.... O_e O_e.... That is just wrong.... but it' getting pretty god.... only 2 eps left ^__^

And Kikuri seems to be enjoying all of this for some reason... she is a creepy little girl o_o
StabbyPWNSJul 23, 2008 7:30 PM

Sig WILL change soon~
Aug 3, 2008 2:04 AM

Jan 2008
Wow, we got to see two previous characters :D
I feel sorry for the boy :(
Dec 7, 2008 1:47 PM

Jun 2008
Hey! It's Tsugumi! What's she doin now I wonder.

This is getting pretty damn good.
Feb 7, 2009 11:21 PM
Oct 2007
I wonder what happened to Hajime, other than the fact that he wrote that book.

The people in that town are ridiculously selfish and stupid.
Mar 31, 2009 8:22 PM

Feb 2009
are tsugumi and hajime death??

oh i wonder what in the name of hell is making those stupid villagers to kill one another and blame takuma!?
Aug 5, 2009 5:12 PM

Oct 2008
This town is getting to the Hinamizawa stages here..<.<
I mean, everyone and their mother is just sending people to Hell. It's getting really stupid.
Having the Detective guy get beat like that was crazy.
This had to be one of the most epic episodes of the season.

Nice to hear about Tsugumi and Hajime, so there's some connection with the first and second season. xD Now, just wondering if they're alive or not.
Sep 27, 2009 1:14 PM

Aug 2009
Chain of people using the Jigoku Tsuuhin, more blames for Takuma, two previous characters from season 1, the detective getting beaten by the townspeople.
Awesome episode.

I wonder what the grandmother of Enma Ai looks like because the detective's sister saw her and got mad scared after seeing her, lol.
Jan 17, 2010 6:57 PM

Nov 2009
ppl send other ppl 2 hell 4 really stupid reasons!!! stupid ppl!!! i really hope the kid doesnt get sent 2 hell!!! i also wonder what her grandma looks like... hmmm its been botherin me!!! and surprisingly i didnt cry this time X3
May 28, 2010 1:03 AM
May 2010
This ep really goes into my fear of abusing justice
it feels really bad that humans are darker than black
they think they can get away with putting scapegoats on the same person?
It is really absurd.
Why can't they just admit it?
If they all possess the feeling of hatred, why can't they form an ultimate alliance, with the poor kid, on how to improve the standard living?
What is wrong with this society...
Why does it allow those cowards to live, screaming and running when hearing the gunshot...

I never thought that guy from first season would know so much about Jigoku shoujo
jimmy2027May 28, 2010 11:07 PM
May 30, 2010 8:37 PM

Mar 2010
i can't believe how INSANE this town is going. don't they realize that this is essentially committing murder?
Jul 5, 2010 3:03 AM
Sep 2009
Now I'm usually a pretty calm, laid back person... but this here ep made me giggle and squee like a giddy fangirl:
"Oh my God, it's HAJIME! Holy CRAP! SQUEEEEEEEEE!!!"
"OH MY GOD! OH MY GOD!!! TSUGUMI TOO?! HOLY CRAP! HOLY... CRAP!!! BEST! CALLBACK! EVER!!!"
...Which in turn easily rocketed this show up to at least a 9.5 on my list.
Just my two cents.
Oct 31, 2010 2:20 PM

Jul 2010
Oh my the people in the town are crazy...

I'm glad that girl found out Takuma wasn't guilty but it was so sad she was blaming Enma for this, it's not like Enma enjoys this :(

I'm curious how this will end but interesting to see a flashback of Hajime and to see that Tsugumi is alive. Nice to know that Enma get to knows a lot information just from the site and that she can accept a request or not :O
Nov 11, 2010 9:34 AM

Jun 2010
That was awesome, that's all I've got to say. :D
Dec 27, 2010 4:39 PM

Dec 2010
I loved to see Hajime and Tsugumi again! Just wondering what their role would be.
Jan 31, 2011 12:47 AM

Dec 2008
ScrewBall said:
Now I'm usually a pretty calm, laid back person... but this here ep made me giggle and squee like a giddy fangirl:
"Oh my God, it's HAJIME! Holy CRAP! SQUEEEEEEEEE!!!"
"OH MY GOD! OH MY GOD!!! TSUGUMI TOO?! HOLY CRAP! HOLY... CRAP!!! BEST! CALLBACK! EVER!!!"
...Which in turn easily rocketed this show up to at least a 9.5 on my list.

OHHHHH ME TOO ME TOO!!!

I'm normally quiet watching Jigoku Shoujo and as soon as those books in the library were being checked out, I was thinking, "Damn, Hajime's, like, the expert on this stuff after all he went through. It'd be nice if he showed up or got a book out to share his findings - that detective sure could use them right now," and low and behold, HAJIME WROTE A BOOK! HOMG!! And then Tsugumi showed up!! I SQUEED SO HARD.

Wah! I hope Hajime is actually alive... and Tsugumi too. But I think Hajime might be gone, just by the way the police talked about him and all - Tsugumi might be, too. So I'll try not to get my hopes up *too* high. ;D

Butbutbut I started LOLing after my mouth was agape for about five minutes watching Enma and her team work overtime. "You disappear! And you disappear!" All I could think of when the bus driver vanished was somebody saying something like, "That bus driver is making me late for my job! And if I'm late again, I'll lose my job! And then I can't pay my bills! And if I can't pay my bills, my family will starve and die!! He's RUINING MY LIFE. GO TO HELL!!!" And then I just kept hoping more random people would keep vanishing. This is great. The town's gone into maximum overdrive, bwahahaha.
Feb 19, 2011 7:53 PM

Oct 2008
That town is just fucked up. And Kikuri is so annoying.

But.. nice to see Hajime and Tsugumi's name again.
Life is really simple, but we insist on making it complicated.~
Feb 23, 2011 3:30 PM

Sep 2009
That whole town needs to go to Hell.
Those bastards.
Mar 2, 2011 10:51 AM

Oct 2009
Man that whole town is full of retarded fucktards ):<
Wonder what happened to Hajime and Tsugumi hmmm...
Mar 2, 2011 10:51 AM

Oct 2009
Man that whole town is full of retarded fucktards ):<
Wonder what happened to Hajime and Tsugumi hmmm...
Jan 28, 2012 6:01 AM

Aug 2009
Hate this town.. -______-
Apr 19, 2012 8:36 PM

Jul 2011
everyone in that town is sending each other to hell... when they all get there they should throw a hell party!!

plus we got to see hajime and his daughter
Aug 9, 2012 1:36 PM

May 2012
Damn what a fucked up town, but was nice they made reference to the first season character's as the book writer "Hajime Shibata" and the grown up appearance of "Tsugumi Shibata" so it will be quite interesting in these last couple of episodes!
Aug 20, 2012 4:05 PM

Aug 2010
Everyone in the town is insane. And poor Takuma has to suffer and is getting all the blame.
Aug 21, 2012 5:15 PM

Jun 2011
Whoa, things are getting really intense and interesting! Though gotta say, what a f*cked up town ><
And as someone already said, Kikuri is really annoying and I've hated her throughout the series :/ Surely she probably has some important role here, but I don't care, I'd be happier if she didn't exist, lol.

Edit:
Animefanx3 said:
I'm glad that girl found out Takuma wasn't guilty but it was so sad she was blaming Enma for this, it's not like Enma enjoys this :(
Actually, don't you think that everyone's blaming Enma at first until they learn the truth? ^^' It's very sad, but it's kinda logical for people to blame her when they don't know the reasons behind it
Pyr0Aug 22, 2012 2:50 AM
Sep 17, 2012 4:35 PM
Sep 2009
^Actually I don't get as to why it has to be Enma all the times. It's not like she was the most cruel person on earth with the biggest bag full of revenge.

Why can't she be replaced?

This town needs a serious help. whole masacare reminds me of Shiki but with no blood.

And hey! I also want to see what grandma looks like!
Sep 18, 2012 12:51 PM

Apr 2011
What is Kikuri role?!!

The town is in shamble's and everyone slowly killing each other off...

Poor Takuman, maybe you get lucky with Hajime daughter. lol
Sep 24, 2012 12:33 PM

Jun 2012
If I was in that town, I"d be making it priority #1 to move away, ASAP.
Some parts of this post may be exaggerated.
Oct 7, 2012 11:36 PM

Mar 2012
Seems like it's no big deal for those people to go to hell.

Hajime wrote a book? Could that be the Grandma's favor? Well, let's find out! Oh, and I missed Mizuki Nana's voice!! It surprised me when I heard her voice! And Tsugumi looked like she matured a bit there.

Just when I was wondering if this Hell Hotline available for eternity, they some what answered me. So Enma has some kind of quota, I guess? Like a number of candles. But I was thinking that it'd be nice if someone take down the Hell Hotline and free them all or something. haha!
Nov 27, 2012 10:35 PM

Nov 2011
Haha, shit just got real.

Join the MSP Club for an in-depth look at score progressions and other stats of currently airing anime
Mar 3, 2013 1:50 PM

Oct 2012
OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOMG This is reality...if the hell correspondence existed...it's absolutely chaotic it's not one person every few weeks..
Jul 18, 2013 1:24 AM

Nov 2012
OH SHIT Hajime, Tsugumi came back!
Aug 6, 2013 4:34 PM
Aug 2012
oh my god, oh my god, OH MY GOD! there was soo much to that episode! there is no way im not watching a third season. so much has opened up its crazy
Oct 15, 2013 7:12 AM

Aug 2013
URRRGGHH!! I hate the townspeople! I'm pretty much glued to my computer right now, it's so INTENSE!
Dec 3, 2013 11:27 PM

Jun 2012
uh have people lost it on this show or what i don´t even know where i should start Kikuri seems to enjoying her self with some sort of plan. Hajime wrote a book wonder what happened other then that is he dead or what?? Tsugumi what is with her she seem to know Kikuri and also disappear from 1 on another second maybe she is Kikuri this feeling i got because of the mirror.

whats up with this Hotaru to why did she get so involved in this all by Kikuri and what did she see when she opened the door where the granny was sitting cause she was screaming pretty much wondering for a long time how this granny looks. whats this thing they where talking about the more requests the faster Ai can finish her mission?? poor detective finding out to much it is like he is Hajime both finding out to much and there sister/daughter getting to involved.

it will become lively in hell if they keep sending people at this fast rate but o well at least they will all be together in hell as a whole town again lol
RobertovkDec 3, 2013 11:43 PM
"When a flat-chested loli hugs you, she holds you closer to her heart"
"--I am a single bullet. It has no heart. Therefore, it does not think. It just flies straight towards its target."
Mar 24, 2014 2:26 AM

Jan 2014
Only one word: TSUGUMI.
Jun 20, 2014 1:38 PM

Jun 2014
Lovely town heh? What an ironical name for that town. Anyway Tsugumi-chan and Hajime didn't wated to get involved anymore but they got again in this... but what's with them right now? And poor detectiv...
I loved how that girl who was listening to music listend the first season's op xD

I'm really looking foward for the next two eps , and the next season
Sep 19, 2014 10:40 PM

Jan 2010
This is getting out of hand. Ai is gonna have to start up a bus route to hell at this rate. I have no idea how this is supposed to wrap up.
Oct 14, 2014 12:28 AM

Nov 2013
HOLY FUCK! THE EPICNESS!

I was on the edge of my seat when the townspeople started beating the detective for finding out about their murders.

I can't believe just a pull of the string has caused dozens of people to die by their own stupidity.

This episode captured the brutality of humans perfectly.

Best episode in the whole series in my opinion. 6/5

Oct 14, 2014 12:29 AM

Nov 2013
Crazy_Coffee_Cat said:
URRRGGHH!! I hate the townspeople! I'm pretty much glued to my computer right now, it's so INTENSE!
IKR! HOLY FUCK HOW DO YOU NOT MARATHON THIS SHIT?!

Dec 3, 2014 4:01 PM

Feb 2013
this town is Just full of Morons!
-sigh- although this would pretty much be what would be happening IRL should something like Jigoku Shoujo actually exist, although it would be on a MUCH LARGER scale. (aka all of earth)
It was Really nice to see the Good O'l Shibata's from S1 i got rather excited when i saw them both!
I wonder how their doing as it seems to hint as if Hajime "dissapeared" (aka sent to hell possibly?) I hope not >.>
Tsugumi still appears to have "contact" with Hell as it was.
Ergh only 2 episodes left! i really hope the whole town (save Takuma) Burns for this! (gods they even attacked the bloody cop :P)
Argue? Nah Too lazy For That...
Are You Ready!~Gulcasa
Jan 10, 2015 2:08 AM

Jun 2013
BEHOLD! The evil of mankind in all its glory!!!
Apr 25, 2015 8:53 PM
Mar 2014
"...for my daughter, Tsugumi..."

*proceeds to freak out*

*older Tsugumi appears*

*freaks out even more*
Oct 2, 2015 6:39 AM

Aug 2014
I wanna kick all of trhem in the teeth. i am so frustrated.

Oh, pitiful shadow cloaked in darkness.
Thy actions cause men pain and suffering.
Thy hollow soul drowns in thy sins.
How would you like to see what death is like?
-Enma Ai
Nov 26, 2015 2:39 PM

Dec 2014
I don't understand how everyone started turning into psychopath. Whatever. Hajime and Megumi gaining some relevance again. I had a feeling they'd somehow get mentioned sooner or later
Nov 27, 2015 7:30 PM

Jun 2015
Where are Tsugumi and Hajime in this season....everyone's talking about them in the forum but I didn't saw them anywhere in this episode????
someone tell me please I am too excited
Nov 27, 2015 7:42 PM

Jun 2015
Its their own fault to send everyone to hell...and they still blame it on that boy and on jigoku shujo just to make their ownselves innocent but everyone in the town knows that they are the one to send people to hell then why this injustice just fo their satisfaction... they should burn in hell!
Jan 3, 2016 6:17 PM

Aug 2012
This town is every other word but ''lovely''. I mean, they sending each other to hell left and right!
An example of human beings in their truest form...
I feel so bad for this boy; they're blaming him for everything!
And when the the detective realizes the boy is innocent, they say he's in cahoots with him? Because he figured out it was the idiots in the town doing it to themselves?
People are truly disgusting, warped & evil.
Apr 18, 2016 1:49 PM
Aug 2012
People in this town went berserk completely and have lost their common sense .. hope this boy will leave this hell
Apr 27, 2016 6:01 PM

Jan 2014
Oh my .. this is getting out of hand..the people in the town are crazy...
May 6, 2016 2:24 PM

Feb 2015
This is one messed up town... one seriously messed up town. Imagine if this actually happened irl... to be honest, it probably would... in a not so distant future.

Ai is going to need a bigger boat with the amount of people dropping like flies.

Shame it took them a while before bringing a very interesting part of the story.

Right... Tsugumi, I still dont understand what she is, why is she talking about Kikuri 'summoning' her as if she's a Hell Girl.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Jigoku Shoujo Futakomori Episode 14 Discussion ( 1 2 )

aero - Jul 18, 2008

66 by Violet_Midnight »»
Yesterday, 8:19 PM

Poll: » Jigoku Shoujo Futakomori Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 )

MEGATRON - Jul 23, 2008

64 by Violet_Midnight »»
Apr 20, 1:01 PM

Poll: » Jigoku Shoujo Futakomori Episode 20 Discussion ( 1 2 )

aero - Jul 30, 2008

64 by nrrc102 »»
Dec 4, 2023 12:21 AM

Poll: » Jigoku Shoujo Futakomori Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 )

so_addictive - Apr 22, 2008

85 by bunniboiz »»
Oct 26, 2023 10:23 AM

Poll: » Jigoku Shoujo Futakomori Episode 8 Discussion

figure8life - Jul 20, 2009

46 by bunniboiz »»
Oct 24, 2023 3:14 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.