Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 16, 2008 9:46 PM

Jul 2008
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
I watched this RAW and worst of all this one I got to understand only 25% O_o Man I have high instability in my language but don't blame cause I can speak and understand at least 5 more. What I do get is that Gouda has low self-esteem. Sora has her doubts and confusion but also some attraction to Gouda? That's cause I think in #4 Sora will go out with Gouda cause of a mention of date in Japanese for preview of 4th. What I do not get is why during the client performance she freaked out and started questioning after her magic act but also HOW THE HELL did use the magic to open it up??? In the our world (my religion) dark chaos like she did does not compute into opening locks, if anything she should have just froze it and blow up, maybe fireball??? There also a obvious competition from that girl but I just wonder how bad can all of this get if that girl plays dirty. Remember the problem in the first with that guy Miss Brooklyn and her level 7 magic.
Oops! I appear to be incapable of following Rules 16 and 17, so I had to have a mod change my sig for me.
Jul 21, 2008 4:14 AM

Dec 2007
Good episode. I found Sora at some point quite annoying though, with her questions and her behavior. She did things you wouldn't normally do on your very first assignment.
The case of Gouta is also becoming more interesting. It seems he doesn't like to train his magic, but going home is something he doesn't want. I sense family problems?
Jul 21, 2008 5:27 AM
Anime DB Admin
BACK FOR MORE?

Jan 2007
It was another very nice episode. I like Sora and her way of doing this magic stuff. It'll probably get her into trouble again though. ^^

Looking forward to the Gouta episode.

staff.applications  
guidelines.faq 

report.abuse  

thx.skittles  
thx.kina 

[H+] ³  
Jul 21, 2008 5:31 AM

Feb 2008
I enjoyed this episode, but like SNDK said I found the way that Sora dealt with her client to be kind of heartless in a way. I only felt that when she decided to run outside with the books, I understand why she did it though.

Yay, Sora wants to go to England :] I'll have to show her around!

I'm looking forward to the next episode and hopefully we'll get some answers surrounding why Gouta seems to be so hesitant of using magic. I like him as a character though, he's not as over the top as alot of them xD

I'm still loving that OP. Can't wait till Thyme release the full version.
Jul 21, 2008 5:40 AM

Jan 2008
liked this one as well, and like everyone im quite interested in the situation Gouta in, hopefully the next episode will at least have some clues about this matter ^^
Jul 21, 2008 7:35 AM

Apr 2008
it was alright. I didn't like how the teacher was so angry that Sora saved lives lol, seriously, if I can do something to stop a bus from crashing I'm going to do it. Screw them.

Jul 21, 2008 7:39 AM

Apr 2008
Nice episode (aside from a Sora incorrectly saying that Hilltop is near Loch Ness, though I think it's near Lake Windamere or however it's spelt).
Jul 21, 2008 8:02 AM

Feb 2008
PristinePanda said:
it was alright. I didn't like how the teacher was so angry that Sora saved lives lol, seriously, if I can do something to stop a bus from crashing I'm going to do it. Screw them.

Haha, I don't like the teacher at all.

Nice episode.
Jul 21, 2008 10:41 AM

Feb 2008
im finding it difficult to actually like this one. maybe it doesnt really have the momentum of the first one. it just seems slow to me.
Jul 21, 2008 4:41 PM

Feb 2008
PristinePanda said:

i don't think she was angry that sora had saved lives. i think anger is just her default emotion.

LolitaDecay said:

I'm looking forward to the next episode and hopefully we'll get some answers surrounding why Gouta seems to be so hesitant of using magic.

he's not hesitant to use it, he just doesn't know how and isn't sure he ever will. basically he feels like the village idiot right now and he hates it. which is understandable.
Jul 22, 2008 10:45 AM
Jun 2007
Awesome episode. I loved it!! I cant wait for next episode, cuz its gonna be about Gouta. Man, I wanna see SoraXGouta for the next episode!
Jul 22, 2008 7:40 PM

Jul 2008
Now I get everything and I need to vent off a little. First big job screw up but good initiative. Good thing her magic is not within the same level as mines but that my private religious practice. What really ticked me off is her suddenly taking the belongings and then running. Then she starts going over board with feelings???? I know the girls from the country have a different sensibility but just cause you see someone lonely (her mom) and you want to stop other people's loneliness does not mean it's the best thing for them or for you to even try. You know this girl is way to nosy. Way way toooooooo nosy. Normally you are supposed to cast a magic with a time delay that opens the safe let's say each at 10am and closes at lunch or in 1 hour. A destruction spell huh? I have a really bad feeling Sora after this might be annoying as hell. She reminds of Miki from Marmalade...way toooo flaky (too easy to make cry)! Another thing too there would have been a magic way better to fix the whole situation but guess no none though of it.
Oops! I appear to be incapable of following Rules 16 and 17, so I had to have a mod change my sig for me.
Jul 23, 2008 11:52 PM

Jan 2008
SNDK said:
I found Sora at some point quite annoying though, with her questions and her behavior.
Yeah, same. But somehow it worked out in the end, lucky. She might end up in trouble next time if she keeps that up.
I'm not sure what Gouta, at first I though he hated magic, but then he is studying hard occasionally. Is he just angry that he can't use magic right now?
Also the teacher ticked me off. What? Don't save their lives because it's illegal?
Jul 24, 2008 4:09 PM

Feb 2008
jacobpaige said:

LolitaDecay said:

I'm looking forward to the next episode and hopefully we'll get some answers surrounding why Gouta seems to be so hesitant of using magic.

he's not hesitant to use it, he just doesn't know how and isn't sure he ever will. basically he feels like the village idiot right now and he hates it. which is understandable.

Yeah I didn't really mean it in the whole 'he's got alot of power but won't use it way'. I just meant that he seems to not really try to use it. Like he's given up already. Poor thing.
Jul 25, 2008 7:54 PM

Sep 2007
Especially if his father had been in the magic industry before and seemed to have given it up. It makes him feel even more that his lack of magic ability is the way it's supposed to be.
Aug 4, 2008 9:58 AM

Apr 2008
I know this isn't really the place to post this but does anyone know what happened to this anime? It seems like it should be on about episode 5 by now. Did people stop subbing it or has it really not shown on tv in a while?

Aug 5, 2008 8:02 AM

Mar 2008
PristinePanda said:
I know this isn't really the place to post this but does anyone know what happened to this anime? It seems like it should be on about episode 5 by now. Did people stop subbing it or has it really not shown on tv in a while?

There was no new episode the following week of episode 3. Episode 4 aired just last Thursday.
Aug 6, 2008 7:30 AM

Apr 2008
Rumi said:
There was no new episode the following week of episode 3. Episode 4 aired just last Thursday.

Thanks, I figured that was what happened.

Aug 19, 2008 11:00 PM

May 2008
Hm i think it's interesting, a bit, but i still wait for something to happen.....
And hell what's with that innocent girl living in a happy world thing, he seems to have some depth but sora is just boring and annoying
Aug 20, 2008 4:28 AM

Apr 2007
Sora is awesome :P

I'm also currently intrigued with Gouta's situation.

Whitelight subs ftw~
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 12, 2009 10:26 AM

May 2008
Cheesy moral is cheesy.
Mar 12, 2012 1:15 AM

Sep 2011
It was alright, this is more of a relaxing Anime if anything. xD
Sep 23, 2012 12:54 PM

Sep 2012
If a person did something like Sora did to the old woman to me, I think I'll beat him to a pulp. It's not a thing to do to play with these kind of memories.
Jun 16, 2014 3:00 PM

May 2012
Pretty impressive episode, Sora is not someone you can simply push aside! Quite lovely and strong character I must say! Let's see what's next.
Jun 19, 2014 12:43 AM

Jan 2013
I don't like the way things are progressing.
It's just not as interesting as I think this setting deserves.
Some random story with an old lady, ehh. Sora's motivations are questionable.
Before that mostly boring.
Oct 27, 2014 7:59 AM

Nov 2011
A miracle at a time.

tsukikage said:
Cheesy moral is cheesy.

She's a kid. What were you expecting, a blowjob?
Jan 31, 2016 7:58 AM

Jul 2014
I'm wondering if Hora-sensei deliberately choose this client, as he knew that Sora could relate to her and really help her?
Aug 16, 2016 9:34 AM

Jun 2013
Ahhh, im finally being reminded of the original series:)
Sep 12, 2023 3:02 PM

Apr 2019
Why do these anime always have to make the character cry in the middle of the dialogue? Are Japanese people that fragile or do the authors just want you to cry with forced drama? The scene with Sora crying ruined my experience, as it didn't even make sense. In addition to being very motivational. It could simply be her going to do what she should and that's it, it's over.

Maybe I'll force myself to watch this until the end because I'm watching one anime from each, from 2009 to 1970, and 2008 only has anime of dubious quality, and this one seemed acceptable, but this episode was pure disappointment due to a single scene.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Mahou Tsukai ni Taisetsu na Koto ~Natsu no Sora~ Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 )

angel999 - Sep 25, 2008

68 by ProxyLain »»
Oct 4, 2023 7:46 PM

Poll: » Mahou Tsukai ni Taisetsu na Koto ~Natsu no Sora~ Episode 11 Discussion

angel999 - Sep 18, 2008

20 by ProxyLain »»
Oct 4, 2023 7:27 PM

Poll: » Mahou Tsukai ni Taisetsu na Koto ~Natsu no Sora~ Episode 6 Discussion

lostty - Aug 26, 2008

11 by ProxyLain »»
Sep 22, 2023 10:58 PM

Poll: » Mahou Tsukai ni Taisetsu na Koto ~Natsu no Sora~ Episode 9 Discussion

angel999 - Sep 4, 2008

25 by bucciest »»
Dec 28, 2022 8:55 PM

Poll: » Mahou Tsukai ni Taisetsu na Koto ~Natsu no Sora~ Episode 5 Discussion

angel999 - Aug 6, 2008

15 by GRAYLIGHTNING »»
Sep 21, 2022 7:12 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.