Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (14) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »
Oct 1, 2011 6:50 PM

Jul 2011
I thought my body was ready for this.

HHNNGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG.

PS: Kariya-Berserker combo ftw.
Oct 1, 2011 7:23 PM

Oct 2008
Slower than I thought introduction, but it really did set up all the story really well. You get a feel for all the motives behind the participants, which is an important part of what will make the battles ahead mean so much more.

The incantation scene was... amazing.
100x times better than in the FSN anime.

amirhoss said:
and so the best anime of this season started

Everyone is throwing this around so many times this year. Testament to what quality anime we had this year... The bar is set high for Fate/Zero, but I'm sure that this is a ride that will not disappoint.
OmniknightOct 1, 2011 7:30 PM
Oct 1, 2011 7:33 PM

May 2011
Really good opening for what's to come later on. I have very high expectations for this series.

I was hoping to catch a glimpse of Zero Lancer this ep but I guess it will be in the next one.

Saber and Gilgamesh FTW! Seeing them again made my day, especially "Saaabaa"

Poor Sakura, I have changed my opinion on her greatly.
Oct 1, 2011 7:33 PM

Jun 2011
So basically this was review of what we already know from FSN. Although it's too be expected since it's the first episode, so it's not a disappointment whatsoever in my case. I quite enjoyed it, I enjoyed it way more than I did with the FSN anime; that's for sure.

The animation was...Delicious.
Oct 1, 2011 7:36 PM

Sep 2008
i like how we get 24 more weeks of this.

when the OP came at the end i was yelling Excalibur
Oct 1, 2011 7:36 PM

Jan 2008
bullrogg said:
i like how we get 24 more weeks of this.

when the OP came at the end i was yelling Excalibur

Strange, I was yelling Gilgamesh. *insert lightning sparks towards each others eyes*
Oct 1, 2011 7:40 PM

Aug 2010
Sanguis said:
So basically this was review of what we already know from FSN. Although it's too be expected since it's the first episode, so it's not a disappointment whatsoever in my case. I quite enjoyed it, I enjoyed it way more than I did with the FSN anime; that's for sure.

The animation was...Delicious.

I think it was good. Specially for the people that didn't play the visual novel. It give some info from HF.
Oct 1, 2011 7:53 PM
Jun 2011
damnnn nice graphicssss
i cant wait for the upcoming episodes
the fights on the ed looks awesome....
i think i like gilgamesh better than saber
Oct 1, 2011 7:54 PM

Jul 2009
Glorious
Oct 1, 2011 8:02 PM

Jan 2011
Kiritsugu Emiya seems badass , but Y SO SERIOUS? He has a sexy wife and daughter why is he so glum?
[center]
Oct 1, 2011 8:03 PM

Aug 2010
Wow, that was pretty cool. I'm looking forward to watching this series.

Sep 2007
Completely satisfied on the first episode...

Too many people are waiting for this one I guess... :|

[url=http://myanimelist.net/animelist/_Haru&sclick=1]

Sep 2007
Typical ufotable episode. A shit load of dialogue and one moment of awesomeness. I was actually kind of bored throughout the whole episode until the end when they started summoning the servants. But it still seems far better than FSN. Kiritsugu is a far better protagonist than Shirou will ever be.
Oct 1, 2011 8:09 PM

Jan 2011
wayyy to much talking for my liking then i noticed this was just the build up But those last Few mintues were Great :3,it's been to long since i watched F/N but thank fully for Carnival Phatsam i remembered most of the cast :D.
Oct 1, 2011 8:17 PM
Observer

Nov 2007
Wasabi said:
A shit load of dialogue

Believe me, the dialogues is why this series is amazing. The character development is going to be totally epic. The action is just extra icing.
bla bla bla
The endless debate between fans and haters. At one point, after spending a lot of time on MAL, you just realize it's totally pointless.
Niko-kun said:
On MAL, everyone who has used the lame rating system becomes a critic and an intellectual by default, haven't you heard?
Oct 1, 2011 8:21 PM

May 2009
Wasabi said:
Kiritsugu is a far better protagonist than Shirou will ever be.
hate shirou.
Little Rin is soooo cute!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Oct 1, 2011 8:26 PM

Apr 2008
Very good way to start the series. This is my first time diving into the world of Fate/Stay Night, so I didn't have that many expectations for it within that realm. However, it did fill the void that the Kara no Kyoukai films left, especially within the animation department. I'm even starting to think that Fate/Zero and Rakkyo both take place in the same universe. Part of me wants to simply dismiss this as just another fantasy "quest for the important something" anime while another part is fully convinced that this show is going to be the most epic thing to come out this season and that it will make my week with each viewing. At this point, I'm not sure of which opinion will win. All I know is that I'll be sticking with this one for the next season.

Also, if this isn't a homage to Cowboy Bebop, then I don't know what is:

Oct 1, 2011 8:35 PM

Jan 2011
Well I'm already aware of how it ends, but not of all the events that lead up to it. I was going to try to wait until they dubbed it (if they do hopefully) before I watched it, but seeing the first episode out I couldn't resist. Besides I've already got a desire to rewatch it and it's only the first episode.
Oct 1, 2011 8:36 PM
Apr 2011
Holy dicks that was awesome.
Oct 1, 2011 8:38 PM

Jan 2008
PockyBebop said:
Also, if this isn't a homage to Cowboy Bebop, then I don't know what is:

MindBlown.
Oct 1, 2011 8:39 PM
Jun 2008
I think i almost slept zZZZ... I don't think I am listening even half of the explanation in this episode.Its 3am in the morning and I am force to watch B part after I woke up.
Oct 1, 2011 8:39 PM

Jun 2008
PockyBebop said:
I'm even starting to think that Fate/Zero and Rakkyo both take place in the same universe.]

Nasuverse. So, yes, they're in the same universe.

Visit this blog That I'm working with my friend
http://randomnessthing.com/
Oct 1, 2011 8:40 PM

Mar 2011
Strong candidate for anime of the season, very good plot, good animation, i know the long complicated dialogue is necessary, but....
Oct 1, 2011 8:42 PM

Jul 2010
Oosran said:
And now I'mma stay away from here until the last episode in order to be safe from possible spoilers.
Have fun o7
Hm, I was thinking of doing the same thing, but I probably won't. Spoilers never seem to be in tags anymore, do they? :/

Miya_F_Exia said:
Gamaliel said:
1st. Tokiomi and Risei walking in circles around Kirei was stupid (my opinion)
I'm happy that I wasn't the only that noticed this scene was stupid.
Haha, me too.

And just like that, Zero is already better than F/SN. Which really isn't hard to do since F/SN was nothing speci- *gets shot*

Ahem... well, anyways, this looks like it'll be cool. I really wish I never watched F/SN at this point so it would all seem new and fresh to me. Also, the fact that all the main characters are adults instead of high schoolers is a major plus.
Oct 1, 2011 8:43 PM

Jun 2008
MorningGlory said:
I think i almost slept zZZZ... I don't think I am listening even half of the explanation in this episode.Its 3am in the morning and I am force to watch B part after I woke up.

Vizi_XRiliditian said:
Strong candidate for anime of the Year, very good plot, good animation, i know the long complicated dialogue is necessary, but....

Expect more dialogue in the early episodes since the Holy grail haven't started yet. But once it starts the action will be worth it.

I'm just going to say, they're doing a "copy paste" adaptation from the novel in this 1st episode.

Iilia said:
Also, the fact that all the main characters are adults instead of high schoolers is a major plus.

Well, we have Waver Velvet though lol. But that's why he was partnered wit "BroRider"
kaimaxOct 1, 2011 8:50 PM

Oct 1, 2011 8:53 PM

Aug 2009
This is what you call, overkill.

Boring? It can't be helped. This bit is said to be the most boring part of F/Z, as there is no real action going on. This is like prologue.

WAITING FOR KABOOM
Oct 1, 2011 8:54 PM

May 2010
720p is out! From Commie subs.
It is not dead which can eternal lie;
And with strange aeons even death may die.
Oct 1, 2011 9:09 PM
Observer

Nov 2007
ringoo4 said:

This bit is said to be the most boring part of F/Z

Well, you know people have attention span issues if they found this part boring. This part IS the most important part of F/Z since it properly sets up everything else.

A lot of the other series totally fail at that.
bla bla bla
The endless debate between fans and haters. At one point, after spending a lot of time on MAL, you just realize it's totally pointless.
Niko-kun said:
On MAL, everyone who has used the lame rating system becomes a critic and an intellectual by default, haven't you heard?
Oct 1, 2011 9:18 PM

Nov 2007
Iilia said:
And just like that, Zero is already better than F/SN. Which really isn't hard to do since F/SN was nothing speci- *gets shot*
I'm pretty sure most people agree the F/SN anime sucks.

Znips: When Shay is born she just crawls back in the womb to shitpost for another year
Oct 1, 2011 9:27 PM

Jun 2009
Yeah, I don't understand why there are so many people in this thread who are unable to go 1 hour without a fight scene. The summoning scene at the end wasn't enough of a payoff for you? If you just want random characters fighting each other, then just watch the opening over and over. That was the main problem with F/S N: too many random fight scenes.

Although, I will say that I was a bit disappointed when I realized that, outside of the op, it will be a while until we get to see Saber in her suit.
Oct 1, 2011 9:27 PM

Oct 2010
Wasabi said:
Kiritsugu is a far better protagonist than Shirou will ever be.
Agree, Kiritsugu does not fuck around or laments until something happens. It's like he does right away as Shirou's shit like that copying power took too long sometimes.
wakka9ca said:
Wasabi said:
A shit load of dialogue

Believe me, the dialogues is why this series is amazing. The character development is going to be totally epic. The action is just extra icing.
Also it will get it out of the way to make place for action and plot movement without much bla bla in the way.
IMO this episode should be more balanced out than dialogue infested.

- BLOG - My Club- Easiest way to reach the rest of my thoughts!
Oct 1, 2011 9:31 PM
Observer

Nov 2007
DrHouse said:
Yeah, I don't understand why there are so many people in this thread who are unable to go 1 hour without a fight scene.

Well, from people's reaction you can know right away if that person actually READ books or not. If they can't stand an hour of wonderfully-scripted dialogue with tons of lore and character background introduction, they probably did not read a lot of books in their life.
bla bla bla
Niko-kun said:
Oct 1, 2011 9:35 PM

Apr 2008
kaimax said:
PockyBebop said:
I'm even starting to think that Fate/Zero and Rakkyo both take place in the same universe.]

Oh, so that's what people have been meaning by "Nasuverse" all this time. Herpa derp...sorry :B. I'm just a Kara no Kyoukai fan.
Oct 1, 2011 9:38 PM

Apr 2008
DrHouse said:
Yeah, I don't understand why there are so many people in this thread who are unable to go 1 hour without a fight scene. The summoning scene at the end wasn't enough of a payoff for you?

I was actually very intrigued by all the dialogue in the episode. It gave me the impression that this is going to be a very story/character-heavy anime. The fact that the scenes didn't focus on one character for too long was what kept me interested (along with the beautiful art).
Oct 1, 2011 9:40 PM

May 2009
awesome!

OP is epic!
Oct 1, 2011 9:47 PM

Nov 2010
LITTLE RIN. OMG SO MOE. <3
Oct 1, 2011 10:06 PM

Jun 2008
PockyBebop said:
kaimax said:
PockyBebop said:

Oh, so that's what people have been meaning by "Nasuverse" all this time. Herpa derp...sorry :B. I'm just a Kara no Kyoukai fan.

Well, to be specific, in F/SN's Heaven's Feel route, they will mention a famous puppetmaster, since you're a KnK fan, I bet you know who's that puppetmaster.. lol

Oct 1, 2011 10:17 PM

Mar 2009
Looks good, I just hope it doesnt end up like FSN.
Oct 1, 2011 10:20 PM
Jul 2018
This is coming from someone who didn't really care for Fate/stay Night

but that was fucking epic.
Oct 1, 2011 10:21 PM

Oct 2008
Only one ep and this is already clearly better than FSN, though that doesn't say much at all.
Oct 1, 2011 10:21 PM

Aug 2010
Amaya-no-Hime said:
Iilia said:
I'm pretty sure most people agree the F/SN anime sucks.

It doesn't suck that much but it does give Fate stay night a bad name. But yeah it does suck when you compare it to the original.
Oct 1, 2011 10:28 PM

Oct 2010
I want to confirm something from Sakura's spoiler
Is this true and did it start at the time of this episode? If this is true and something like that is shown (will it even be shown in this series?), you can bet some will go ape shit. That's all I will say. I am totally shocked at learning about Sakura in general now.

- BLOG - My Club- Easiest way to reach the rest of my thoughts!
Oct 1, 2011 10:35 PM

Jun 2009
Yes, very impressive ufotable. Animation is superb as well as fight scenes looks well animated judging by that absolutely gorgeous opening.

My body is ready for this. This will be fun. Also dat WORMS!! poor Sakura.
Oct 1, 2011 10:44 PM

Jul 2007
Waver's Grandmother falls over and no one seems to care. Really caring family...
Other then that it was awesome and I loved the scene at the end while the servants where bring summoned. FSN lacked that kind of epicness.
by Baka-Chibi

Oct 1, 2011 11:33 PM

Jun 2009
Yumekichi11 said:
I want to confirm something from Sakura's spoiler
Is this true and did it start at the time of this episode? If this is true and something like that is shown (will it even be shown in this series?), you can bet some will go ape shit. That's all I will say. I am totally shocked at learning about Sakura in general now.
Yes, it's true.

In fact,
Oct 1, 2011 11:48 PM
Jul 2007
This series seems like it's being set up well. It felt like it was around that sweet spot of not being noticeably cliche or trying to grab your attention as the first episode; basically, it is the way you should start a long epic story. The environments and the way everyone is presented and talks is very filmic and not over the top, which creates that style that makes KnK stand out. This was also like a wet dream for someone like me who read the Heaven's Feel route. Seeing all the rooms, worms, and characters not shown in the DEEN anime is amazing. I kinda feel bad for people who didn't play the Heaven's Feel route that watch this. I did not read FZ, but glad I held off because I like being in store for a surprises in good anime adaptations.
eraltergOct 1, 2011 11:51 PM
Oct 2, 2011 12:36 AM

May 2009
superzombie23 said:
This series seems like it's being set up well. It felt like it was around that sweet spot of not being noticeably cliche or trying to grab your attention as the first episode; basically, it is the way you should start a long epic story. The environments and the way everyone is presented and talks is very filmic and not over the top, which creates that style that makes KnK stand out. This was also like a wet dream for someone like me who read the Heaven's Feel route. Seeing all the rooms, worms, and characters not shown in the DEEN anime is amazing. I kinda feel bad for people who didn't play the Heaven's Feel route that watch this. I did not read FZ, but glad I held off because I like being in store for a surprises in good anime adaptations.

Totally agree
Oct 2, 2011 12:45 AM

Apr 2007
This entire episode made my day. I had a shitty day today but watching this first episode of FZ tonight made the entire day worth it.

Also, Rin is the best Type-Moon girl ever.

Personally, Im rooting for that low-class magus that stole the relic the English guy was supposed to get. That teacher was a dick. I know more or less how it ends up, though, but its still fun picking a side.

I want to be a magus. :(
Blergh.
Oct 2, 2011 12:54 AM

Sep 2009
Looks like this is going to be pretty good, but I'm not as fanatical about it as everyone else is. Definitely looks like it will be better than fate/stay night (which I thought was just ok). I know the VN is supposed to be better, but I don't care to play it at the moment (as much as I would like to try out some VNs, they are a major time sink).
Oct 2, 2011 1:26 AM

Jan 2009
i am so surprised at ppl that call it boring.sure at some point of this ep they start reviewing all the masters/servants and stuff but before and after that is pure awesomeness.
after illya's birth we have the part with tokiomi and Risei going around kotomine to force him to join forces with tokiomi and got suprised that he accepted so quickly...
then we have creepy zouken with Kaiji's Archenemy's Voice actor plus Sakura's dark childhood.
and then one of the most interesting masters of fate/zero,velvet.then at the end we have summoning scenes plus nostalgic saber dialogue!(imo the OP was good too)if it was F/SN casts it would be boring but these pairs sure deserve more !!!
amirhossOct 2, 2011 1:29 AM
Pages (14) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» The ufotable Production

BigHomieTrapa - Apr 11

2 by Alexioos95 »»
Apr 15, 1:53 AM

Poll: » Fate/Zero Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

a6342164 - Oct 29, 2011

459 by JacobRitacco »»
Mar 15, 12:23 AM

» Who's your favorite servant?

Ms_Muffin - Feb 19

47 by JohnZ_GGs »»
Feb 28, 5:46 PM

» Im about to start this but confused

TabutcuEmmi - Feb 7

44 by RulyKinkajou59 »»
Feb 10, 3:21 AM

Poll: » Fate/Zero Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

halberdiers - Dec 10, 2011

596 by keynutil »»
Jan 16, 3:11 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.