Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (14) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 » ... Last »
Oct 2, 2011 5:51 PM

Nov 2008
Seeing Saber again made my day!!! Every time Emiya referred to her as a "he", I was just like..its a she!!!!

The episode was awesome!
I am a sucker for romance!!!!
]

Oct 2, 2011 6:41 PM
Sep 2011
so COOL omg kariya's servant must be badass
rooting for emiya's father but am interested in waver's progress though :D
Oct 2, 2011 6:43 PM

Jul 2011
I can't wait to see a Berserker-Saber fight.
Oct 2, 2011 6:58 PM

Nov 2010
quake2 said:
Ragna92 said:
Amaya-no-Hime said:
Iilia said:
And just like that, Zero is already better than F/SN. Which really isn't hard to do since F/SN was nothing speci- *gets shot*
I'm pretty sure most people agree the F/SN anime sucks.

It doesn't suck that much but it does give Fate stay night a bad name. But yeah it does suck when you compare it to the original.

For someone like me who's seen the F/SN anime and read the"Fate" arc(the one shown in the f/sn anime) is pretty accurate to the VN. And the story of Fate was really good. Only reason you guys like F/Z more is cuz the animation and production values are better. Kinda biased I tell ya.

Btw, Fate route itself aren't THAT good, even in the VN. DEEN adapted the plainest route in F/SN and make it worse.

What really makes F/SN shines is the latter two routes, UBW (Which is well known for it's manliness) and Heaven's Feel (which is so dark and have a very good atmosphere).

Too bad UBW adaptation fails, and with so many important twists in Heaven's Feel spoiled in F/Z, I guess I won't see any adaptation of it.

Crossing fingers...Fate/Zero is and WILL be EPIC!
Oct 2, 2011 7:05 PM
Dec 2007
zeroyuki92 said:
quake2 said:
Ragna92 said:
Amaya-no-Hime said:
Iilia said:
And just like that, Zero is already better than F/SN. Which really isn't hard to do since F/SN was nothing speci- *gets shot*

It doesn't suck that much but it does give Fate stay night a bad name. But yeah it does suck when you compare it to the original.

For someone like me who's seen the F/SN anime and read the"Fate" arc(the one shown in the f/sn anime) is pretty accurate to the VN. And the story of Fate was really good. Only reason you guys like F/Z more is cuz the animation and production values are better. Kinda biased I tell ya.

Btw, Fate route itself aren't THAT good, even in the VN. DEEN adapted the plainest route in F/SN and make it worse.

What really makes F/SN shines is the latter two routes, UBW (Which is well known for it's manliness) and Heaven's Feel (which is so dark and have a very good atmosphere).

Too bad UBW adaptation fails, and with so many important twists in Heaven's Feel spoiled in F/Z, I guess I won't see any adaptation of it.

They can still make Heaven's Feel work although several twists will not have the same impact. In fact, it would be even more natural to go from Fate/Zero to Haven's Feel than from Zero to the other two because the darkness of it and all the deep lore it's kept intact. Fate and UBW don't tread to deep into the secrets of the war and loose elements, like Sakura, are left completely ignored even though her situation is no different in Fate or UBW (in fact, it's probably worse).

Oct 2, 2011 7:18 PM

Apr 2010
This is going to be... glorious.
Oct 2, 2011 7:35 PM

Aug 2010
zeroyuki92 said:
quake2 said:
Ragna92 said:
Amaya-no-Hime said:
Iilia said:

I know that the fate route wasn't nearly as good as the others, but the thing I got so mad about was the attempt to try to put stuff from other routes in it.(They just failed at it). But yeah, when I think about it the anime was pretty faithful to the route it was based on. But I could rant about how badly Deen destroyed the UBW route.

Anyways no one said this yet, but I think Fate/zero can beat the epicness of the visual novel.
Oct 2, 2011 7:50 PM

Jan 2011
Having just marathoned FSN and watched the UBW movie in prep for this, it's pretty fresh in my mind. This is obviously much higher quality animation, but that in itself should not mean much (Blood-C anyone?). In the end, those of us who have watched the two routes that have been produced know to a large extent how it ultimately ends (and to a smaller extent how this prequel arc will end up). I'm hoping that the plot will be tight enough to keep my attention through the episodes since I'm usually more interested in character interactions than in fight scenes.

But mostly I just want to see more of Rin....
Please don't feed the trolls!
In my next life I want to collide at the corner with the cute transfer student
carrying a piece of toast in her mouth
...rodac

Oct 2, 2011 8:40 PM

Dec 2007
antonn said:
This is going to be... glorious.

This.
Oct 2, 2011 8:40 PM

Sep 2010
Loli Rin!
Oct 2, 2011 9:13 PM

Aug 2010
The ending gave me chills when Saber appeared
Oct 2, 2011 9:17 PM
Sep 2011
Is episode 2 going to air again next week or is it on break since it was an hour special?
Oct 2, 2011 9:18 PM
Sep 2011
love that "Magic Typewriter". xDD

I made the right decision watching this before fate/stay night..
or
maybe i should read the novel first...
Oct 2, 2011 9:27 PM

Apr 2010
Everything about this episode is amazing. Made my day, when I watched it. I got chills when I watched the servant summonings.

Gamaliel said:

1st. Tokiomi and Risei walking in circles around Kirei was stupid (my opinion)

2nd, The op is good, not a masterpiece but...

^ You just summed up any complaints I had.
On a side note, I liked how they gave a lot information and background on the Holy Grail War and stuff, so I didn't mind the heavy dialogue. I understand it better now (even though I watched F/SN ans UBW).

Rand0mless's PokePet

Kuro the level 76 Umbreon!
Oct 2, 2011 9:38 PM

Apr 2009
Rand0mless said:
Everything about this episode is amazing. Made my day, when I watched it. I got chills when I watched the servant summonings.

Gamaliel said:

1st. Tokiomi and Risei walking in circles around Kirei was stupid (my opinion)

2nd, The op is good, not a masterpiece but...

^ You just summed up any complaints I had.
On a side note, I liked how they gave a lot information and background on the Holy Grail War and stuff, so I didn't mind the heavy dialogue. I understand it better now (even though I watched F/SN ans UBW).

This. What was the point in the walking in circles? It made me think they were going to attack him XD hahaha.
Oct 2, 2011 10:15 PM

Apr 2010
Most ridiculous part of this episode was how everybody was "HAI GAIS suddenly magic artifacts out of nowhere!!!!"

I mean, how the fuck can "the first snake skin ever shed in human history" still be intact?!?!

Since this series takes place in the 90s, Amazon.com wasn't around yet.

What, did Tokiomi call up his old buddy Saddam Hussein and say, "Yo Saddam, I need that old snake skin you got in the Baghdad museum. I hope H.W. Bush and John Major didn't blow it to hell back in Desert Storm, did they? Do a bro a favor, yeah?"

Waver Velvet reminds me of this obnoxious overly excitable nerd I knew in high school. I just want to punch that guy in the face. On the other hand, I did find it hilarious how his professor at Hogwarts tore apart his essay in the middle of lecture. Reminds me of how a Bulgarian political science professor I took in my college days would humiliate idiotic students in the middle of class, lol.

Yeah, but other than that, I'm looking forward to the rest of this.
Oct 2, 2011 10:36 PM

Jul 2007
AICW said:
Most ridiculous part of this episode was how everybody was "HAI GAIS suddenly magic artifacts out of nowhere!!!!"

I mean, how the fuck can "the first snake skin ever shed in human history" still be intact?!?!

You are new to nasuverse? aren't you?

The world(s) are ridden with various artifacts of doom, some items being thousands of years old :) You will always manage to find something belonging to famous heroes. :)

That is if you don't happen to jump upon some stuff that does not blow apart your mind(or turn you into crazy magical girl) or happens to attract attention of about a million of uber powerful beings the multiverse contains.
AhenshihaelOct 2, 2011 10:47 PM
Oct 2, 2011 10:40 PM
Jun 2009
AICW said:

Since this series takes place in the 90s, Amazon.com wasn't around yet.

What, did Tokiomi call up his old buddy Saddam Hussein and say, "Yo Saddam, I need that old snake skin you got in the Baghdad museum. I hope H.W. Bush and John Major didn't blow it to hell back in Desert Storm, did they? Do a bro a favor, yeah?"

Waver Velvet reminds me of this obnoxious overly excitable nerd I knew in high school. I just want to punch that guy in the face. On the other hand, I did find it hilarious how his professor at Hogwarts tore apart his essay in the middle of lecture. Reminds me of how a Bulgarian political science professor I took in my college days would humiliate idiotic students in the middle of class, lol.

Yeah, but other than that, I'm looking forward to the rest of this.

i really can't tell if you are trolling or just being stupid lol.......or
you are clueless to the FSN universe
Fate Stay Night > YOU
Oct 2, 2011 11:18 PM

May 2011
Kotomine Vs The REAL Emiya.

This is going to be epic.
Oct 2, 2011 11:29 PM

Aug 2009
Fai said:
AICW said:

You are new to nasuverse? aren't you?

The world(s) are ridden with various artifacts of doom, some items being thousands of years old :) You will always manage to find something belonging to famous heroes. :)

That is if you don't happen to jump upon some stuff that does not blow apart your mind(or turn you into crazy magical girl) or happens to attract attention of about a million of uber powerful beings the multiverse contains.
Yeah. Seriously. What's wrong with magus having holy artifacts? Either his head is not flexible enough to let go something that is totally useless to even question about.

Diazt3r said:

i really can't tell if you are trolling or just being stupid lol.......or
you are clueless to the FSN universe
Fate Stay Night > YOU

Fate/Zero >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Fate/Stay Night >>>Nasu.
ringoo4Oct 2, 2011 11:34 PM
Oct 2, 2011 11:36 PM

Sep 2011
Intially, I wasn't expecting too much from it, considering that I didn't enjoy the Fate Stay Night TV series all that much -- but damn that was pretty good.

The character designs are perfect, art/animation is very good -- although the scene with Tohsaka circling Kotomine felt pretty awkward -- music is fitting, and with mature characters the Holy Grail plot looks like it'll be fleshed out a lot better compared to Fate Stay Night.

Overall, it was very good -- a nice, solid episode. Sets the benchmark fairly high, so I hope it does not disappoint.

Oh yeah, MILFs.
Oct 2, 2011 11:58 PM

Jun 2008
Warning to people discussing:

Don't reveal any of the Servants Identity, until it's revealed officially

One of the tiny bit of enjoyment is guessing who's who.

Visit this blog That I'm working with my friend
http://randomnessthing.com/
Oct 10, 2011 11:00 AM

Apr 2010
This was a very good episode i really like the fact that we also get to see what happened before Fate/Stay Night.
And judging by this episode it seems it will be a very good Anime ones again.
It also showed a great deal of some of the new characters and i wonder what we can expect from them

Seeing Rin as a little girl is so great she looks so cute and seems like a very nice girl.
It's the first time that i see her mother who seems to be a very kind person tho it must have been very hard for her to stand of one of her daughters to a other family.
I also wonder how Rin felled about it.

Seeing Sakura in that state was pretty harsh i wonder how she even made it to Fate/Stay Night having to go trough all that.
no wonder she always appeared so calm.

Then that is Illyasviel her mother also seems like a very kind person makes you wonder how she became such a brat.
What surprises me most is that she was born 9 years before this yet she doesn't look much older that Rin is now in Fate/Stay Night.
Since this plays 10 years before Fate/Stay Night she should be 19 years old in that yet she doesn't look like it.
Oct 10, 2011 11:22 AM

Jan 2009
The first episode was even better than I expected. Even when I saw the lineup (Kajiura for music, ufotable and Aoki), I didn't expect it would come up so well. This show is quite a treat for everyone more familiar with Type Moon universe. For example myself I've always wanted to see Clock Tower, the part of the episode set in that location was definitely one of the highlights so far.

Pacing, animation and backgrounds are astonishing as one would expect after watching ufotable's Kara no Kyoukai. Knowing some of the original works and Type Moon's anime adaptations made this episode even more enjoyable to watch, as I knew something about Nasuverse in advance. The workings of magic, associations, artifacts, character relations, those are the things that make it my favorite fictional setting. And I have to admit, Aoki manages to use that ample universe to enhance the anime quite well.

Goosebumps lasted through whole summoning process in the end of the episode, it was yet an another highlight of first episode for sure. Looking forward for next one!
Oct 10, 2011 12:19 PM

Sep 2010
Animation, character, music. Awesome introduction.
...still waiting for Heaven's Feel to be animated...

Oct 10, 2011 4:45 PM
Jul 2010
Amazing
Oct 10, 2011 10:08 PM

Dec 2010
Omfg this is so fucking awesome. Love it so far.

So this confirms that Illya from fate stay night is Emiya Shirou's sister?!? Well step sister since Shirou was adopted. Fucking sick!

Oct 10, 2011 11:35 PM

Jun 2008
Yes, for those who never played other fate games, such as Hollow ataraxia or the wacky Tiger Colloseum this is where the "facts" are revealed.
In Tiger Colloseum Upper they even have a "family end" for Kiritsugu

Relationship chart
http://gndynames.files.wordpress.com/2009/03/09.jpg
kaimaxOct 10, 2011 11:47 PM

Oct 11, 2011 12:48 AM
Dec 2007
kaimax said:
Yes, for those who never played other fate games, such as Hollow ataraxia or the wacky Tiger Colloseum this is where the "facts" are revealed.
In Tiger Colloseum Upper they even have a "family end" for Kiritsugu
Relationship chart<a href="http://gndynames.files.wordpress.com/2009/03/09.jpg">http://gndynames.files.wordpress.com/2009/03/09.jpg</a&gt;
That relationship chart has one huge blinking Heaven's Feel spoiler right there. (and a spoiler not revealed in Fate/Zero to boot).

Oct 11, 2011 7:11 AM

May 2008
Holy crap! This adaption actually looks...good!
Oct 11, 2011 4:19 PM

Nov 2009
HOLY SHIT! this explained sooooo much about fate/stay that i totally did not understand at all. really redeems it all for me. so excited for this season.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 11, 2011 10:17 PM

Jun 2009
This is going to be incredible.
"Yes, I have been deprived of emotion. But not completely. Whoever did it, botched the job."

- Geralt of Rivia
Oct 12, 2011 7:05 AM

Jun 2008
Considering i was never impressed with Fate Stay Night i must say that this first episode of Fate/Zero was a lot more impressive than anything i saw in Fate Stay Night.

The main characters are grown men with their own purposes and a lot more attractive that the usual goody good teenage guy we had in Fate Stay Night.
Also this episode build the plot, characters and gave interesting information while arousing our curiosity and anticipation. That's something a lot better than the first Fate anime ever did.
I especially liked the two guys analyzing each other.
Btw doesn't that priest look too young for the voice he has? He looks 30 but his voice seems to be of a 50 year old.

I had mediocre expectations but am quite impressed by this long first episode. I just hope that it will still keep being impressive and won't become childish or silly when it gets into fighting with the resold of this episode being the best it gave us.

Note: Little Rin is cute and all but little Sakura has a lot more fucked up life in this version of the story. Damn that worm old guy is disgusting, someone should kill him.
Just asking is this story just an alternative storyline or is it the same storyline and this is their past? Just a simple answer no other spoiling event description please. Just curious if we are watching the same universe nothing else.

Gamaliel said:

Tokiomi and Risei walking in circles around Kirei was stupid (my opinion)

Hahaha! Yeah in that scene i was going. WTF are they doing? So ridiculous.

Also the other thing was invisible hair that allows the full eyes to appear all the time. Is something many anime do buy it seemed more annoying here maybe because the artwork seems generally well worked in every other place.
MonadOct 12, 2011 7:52 AM
Oct 12, 2011 8:14 AM

Aug 2010
This is not an alternative storyline. The pasts they show are related to what happens in Fate stay night. You find out about Sakuras past in fate stay night (original visual novel of course).
Oct 12, 2011 8:39 AM

Jun 2008
@monad The Sakura that you know from Fate/stay night anime is barely "touched".

after watching it, you barely know who she is, Even though she looks fine and cheery in the FSN anime she still receives the same treatment as a routine: "the bug room".

I really suggest playing the original VN if you're willing and have the time, Just to find out that Shirou is different than what you saw in the anime.

Oct 12, 2011 2:53 PM

Jun 2009
Very enjoyable first episode.

My first foray into the series and I don't feel like I was missing out on anything. Which is a very good thing. I'm sure there are some things for fans, but it seemed very open to new viewers like myself.
Oct 12, 2011 8:55 PM
Dec 2007
Ragna92 said:
This is not an alternative storyline. The pasts they show are related to what happens in Fate stay night. You find out about Sakuras past in fate stay night (original visual novel of course).
Pretty much, Fate/Zero is canon for all three different Fate/Stay Night routes. You have clues about something being wrong with Sakura during Fate and UBW but they are quite well hidden.

Oct 12, 2011 9:48 PM

Jun 2009
@ Leon-Gun

And, here I was thinking Heaven's Feel was as close as the series got to having a "canon" route. But, this is for the best really.
"Yes, I have been deprived of emotion. But not completely. Whoever did it, botched the job."

- Geralt of Rivia
Oct 13, 2011 7:37 AM

Jul 2007
insan3soldiern said:
@ Leon-Gun
And, here I was thinking Heaven's Feel was as close as the series got to having a "canon" route. But, this is for the best really.

All routes are canon. Even certain ones you don't get to play.

All the routes in FSN are sort of equally canon parallel timelines. They all happen.

Monad said:

The main characters are grown men with their own purposes and a lot more attractive that the usual goody good teenage guy we had in Fate Stay Night.

Blame it on the studio adapting the anime.

Shiro is acting the way he does not out of pure goodness of his heart. Its because of psychological trauma. He is emotionally dead. Pretty much empty inside. Even though he was saved from that whole shit that happened, days before he was saved he already accepted being dead. His mind did.

At the start of each route, He can't feel any emotion, except the ones he causes others.

Because the man who saved him looked so happy that moment he saved him, he longs to feel that happiness and the only way he sees doing it is by causing it to others.

Thus each route sort of depicts different path one can take in his life. Will one blindly follow his ideals not letting the reality define his identity(fate route)? Will one follow his ideals acepting the reality and understanding that while he might never realize his childhood wishes, its the journey that matters(UBW)? or will one throw away his ideals and embrace the Nietzsche-like understanding of reality, forsaking their dreams(HF route)?

Its all about choice and metaphorical journey through adolescence.

Monad said:

Also this episode build the plot, characters and gave interesting information while arousing our curiosity and anticipation. That's something a lot better than the first Fate anime ever did.

Blame the studio who adapted FSN yet again, for they skipped around 12 hour long prologue that pretty much sets up the plot, characters and gives information on what the hell is going on.

Actually blame the studio who adapted FSN for skipping around 50 hours of material from route they adapted alone, for the sake of adding more meaningless fights and latex clad people.

Monad said:

Note: Little Rin is cute and all but little Sakura has a lot more fucked up life in this version of the story. Damn that worm old guy is disgusting, someone should kill him.

She always had this kind of life.
But then again, FSN anime, kind of cut off a lot of psychological study behind the "Sakura" we see there.

Let's just say that Sakura is very...conflicted person and even the very first route in the game displays that in a way (the way she pretty much turns into ice queen every time when encountering Rin or the fact that she she has been in contact with certain interesting person)

Just asking is this story just an alternative storyline or is it the same storyline and this is their past? Just a simple answer no other spoiling event description please. Just curious if we are watching the same universe nothing else.

Yes
F/zero is the starting point of all three routes of FSN game.

All routes are basically equally canon parallel timelines. All of them start with fate/zero.
Oct 13, 2011 2:13 PM
Dec 2007
And for those who wonder, if was Fate/Stay Night's author himswelf who admitted all routes are equally valid. "Nasuverse" is composed of different parallel dimensions. It's a convenient device to help explain some of the contradictions between KnK and Tsukihime and to basically make all Routes equally valid.

The only reason HF seems like the most "canon" route is because of it's grand scale (it's huge) and how much info you learn in it. But all of that information is also valid for the other routes (even the removed Ilya route is semi-valid).

Oct 13, 2011 3:25 PM

Jul 2007
Leon-Gun said:
But all of that information is also valid for the other routes (even the removed Ilya route is semi-valid).

Hence why I said, "Even those you don't get to play". Ilya route's existence as canon multiverse timeline is pretty much proven by certain character :)
Oct 13, 2011 3:56 PM

Jan 2011
Oh my. Oh my. Oh my. I've always wanted to know the whole story of the past from Fate/stay night, and I can't believe my wish came true! xD This is undoubtedly better than Fate/stay night (haha not that I didn't like that one....I quit enjoyed it very much). I'm happily waiting for the second episode. *_*
Oct 14, 2011 8:57 AM

Nov 2009
You watched it in crunchyroll? Well in www.nicovideo.com you can already watch the episode 2, and the 3 will appear tomorrow ;-)
Oct 15, 2011 8:54 AM

Nov 2009
That was epic. It really stayed close to the original novel. Though I only read the first parts.
Oct 15, 2011 11:55 PM

Jun 2008
I remember very little from F/SN except that it SUCKED and was heavily overrated and overhyped.

I already feel that this series is OVERHYPED, however my first impressions are a lot better than when I saw F/SN, hopefully this does turn into a great series.
Oct 16, 2011 4:26 AM

Jun 2008
JustALEX said:
I remember very little from F/SN except that it SUCKED and was heavily overrated and overhyped.
I already feel that this series is OVERHYPED, however my first impressions are a lot better than when I saw F/SN, hopefully this does turn into a great series.

The "overhyped" was caused by the awesomeness of the original VN. Anyone who has played the VN will agree with you that the anime Suck balls.

You won't understand the feelings of those who have read the original LN, hence why you sensed overhyped.

Oct 16, 2011 7:07 AM

Aug 2010
JustALEX said:

Why would you judge FSN from the anime. Seems like you have no knowledge of it. Just like kaimax said all the hype comes from the original VN.
Oct 16, 2011 12:01 PM

Jul 2007
JustALEX said:

It was overhyped for a reason.

VN was the fucking awesomeness and then DEEN adapted it like one adapts toilet paper in WC.

Judging FSN from the completely inferior, incoherent, empty and ridiculously bad anime adaptation is ridiculous.
Oct 16, 2011 12:36 PM

Jun 2008
^@ all you guys.....I don't read LN or VN, so ALL of my judgement come from watching the anime.

Regardless of whether or not the VN was "epicly awesome" I'm ONLY talking about the anime....

and like I said, I do have a much better reception towards this series than I did for F/SN.
Oct 16, 2011 12:41 PM
Jul 2018
Fate/Stay Night the anime has an 8.03 on MAL, if all the people playing the VN say it sucks then it isn't just the VN that is hyping it up. People are clearly over hyping the anime as well, so calling the shitty anime overrated or hyped is perfectly fine.... the VN and the anime are separate and shouldn't require knowledge of both to judge only one of them anyways.
Pages (14) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» I'm not interested in the fate series at all but

mydaddy - Apr 26

12 by AustinJamB »»
Yesterday, 1:44 PM

» The ufotable Production

BigHomieTrapa - Apr 11

2 by Alexioos95 »»
Apr 15, 1:53 AM

Poll: » Fate/Zero Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

a6342164 - Oct 29, 2011

459 by JacobRitacco »»
Mar 15, 12:23 AM

» Who's your favorite servant?

Ms_Muffin - Feb 19

47 by JohnZ_GGs »»
Feb 28, 5:46 PM

» Im about to start this but confused

TabutcuEmmi - Feb 7

44 by RulyKinkajou59 »»
Feb 10, 3:21 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.