Forum Settings
Forums
New
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Sep 13, 2011 2:32 PM

Aug 2010
Katekyo Hitman Reborn - Because that is currently the biggest Shonen series not licensed, and I want it now

Dragon Ball: Yo! Son Goku and Friends Return - I liked it, and would like to re-watch with a dub

Sailor Moon Stars - Just because all the other seasons are licensed

Digimon Xross Wars - Again, all the other seasons are licensed, and I want to watch this one.

Various Digimon films - A few weren't licnesed, but they should be.

All the Hunter x Hunter OVAs - Because they continue the plot of the anime series, which was licensed. Viz failed!

Sigh. So many anime that need to be licensed.
Bum Bum Dum Dum

Sep 13, 2011 2:48 PM
Mar 2011
Sazae san
"If you tremble with indignation at every injustice, then you are a comrade of mine"

When the union's inspiration through the workers' blood shall run
There can be no power greater anywhere beneath the sun
Yet what force on earth is weaker than the feeble strength of one
For the Union makes us strong
Sep 13, 2011 2:49 PM

Nov 2008
minimiau said:
Heartcatch precure
Madoka Magica

Basically this two. I really like this two anime

Precure if ever licensed will be UK only. Madoka is licensed.

Sep 13, 2011 2:50 PM

Nov 2008
Hongo-Takeshi said:
Sazae san

Is that even possible, you're talking a monumental task there, although the manga was licensed in the 90's. Even if it's done expect it to be subbed to cut costs which is fine, but who would take it, it's a big risk due to it being a 60's anime for one thing and not very popular or known here.

Sep 13, 2011 2:56 PM
Mar 2011
Hoppy said:
Hongo-Takeshi said:
Sazae san

Is that even possible, you're talking a monumental task there, although the manga was licensed in the 90's. Even if it's done expect it to be subbed to cut costs which is fine, but who would take it, it's a big risk due to it being a 60's anime for one thing and not very popular or known here.

sell it to the lucky star Nichijo Bunch thay would eat it up like like freash made Yakitori
"If you tremble with indignation at every injustice, then you are a comrade of mine"

Sep 13, 2011 4:15 PM

Aug 2011
I want every anime ever made to be dubbed...
Sep 13, 2011 4:17 PM

Dec 2010
Matron_Laylie said:
I want every anime ever made to be dubbed...

If at least a few of those were given the Ghost Stories treatment I would be a happy consumer.
Sep 13, 2011 4:22 PM

Aug 2010
Bartender and Kaiba. I know Bandai owns the rights to Tales of the Abyss, but are they ever going to dub it?
Sep 13, 2011 5:40 PM

Apr 2008
Umineko no Naku Koro ni and Bakemonogatari

The former has a slim chance of getting licensed, but a chance nonetheless, but the latter is out-of-the-question in the eyes of western licensors. Shame, though. It's fresh and exciting.

EDIT: I'd also like to throw in an American release for Angel's Egg. It's an older movie, I know, but it really needs more love.
Sep 14, 2011 12:18 AM

Aug 2009
Yuyunarutoballz said:
ezikialrage said:
I would want the following to get a licensed and dubbed.

Freezing
MM!
Kore Wa Zombie Desu Ka?
Sora No Otoshimono

Fail. All of these are already licensed and are getting dubbed, except MM which is getting, scratch that, already has, got a sub release

Then that is good news except for the one that is only getting subbed.
Sep 26, 2011 9:53 PM
Sep 2011
Otogi Jushi Akazukin.
Highly underrated show, understandable since it's pretty kid-friendly. Kind of magical girl meets swords and sorcery adventure in another world. It has a pretty great selection of voice actors including Yukari Tamura, Rie Kugumiya and Nobuyuki Hiyama. It's exactly the kind of anime that could get licensed and appear on Cartoon Network without major censoring issues.

Plus I wanna support the industry but not only are the Japanese DVDs 60+ dollars, but Amazon.com says they're been discontinued.
Sep 26, 2011 10:00 PM

Jun 2011
(Zan/Zoku) Sayonara Zetsubou Sensei
Top wo Nerae! 1/2
Minami-ke
Sep 27, 2011 6:32 AM

Sep 2010
Hoppy said:
Yuyunarutoballz said:
ezikialrage said:
I would want the following to get a licensed and dubbed.

Freezing
MM!
Kore Wa Zombie Desu Ka?
Sora No Otoshimono

Fail. All of these are already licensed and are getting dubbed, except MM which is getting, scratch that, already has, got a sub release

Nyan Koi and Oretachi got licensed and will have subbed releases.

Oretachi was licensed by Funi right? Funi always dubs their titles though so that can't be correct. Nyan Koi was subbed by Sentai and already released though.

Still want to see Natsume Yuujinchou and Macross Frontier over here and dubbed. Natsume has a chance, but I heard that thanks to Harmony Gold we will not get Frontier or any other Macross series or something like that. >_>

I also want to see Viz get the DVD right to Katekyo Hitman Reborn with a dub.

I also want to see all of Sentai's and NIS's licensed dubbed especially Pandora Hearts, Special A, etc...

Also I want Aniplex to go back and dub Blue Exorcist. They fucked up by releasing it subbed only when it would have done very well dubbed here in the US.

After seeing UtaPri I wouldn't mind having it in my collection.
"What has two arms, two legs, and is alive? Not your favorite character lol! xD"
Nov 21, 2011 2:41 PM

Nov 2008
A good German dub for Monster.

Nov 21, 2011 10:22 PM

Apr 2011
Coltaku said:
Kaiji and Higurashi s2 are the only ones id really like to see get licensed.

aww youll never see higurashi s2 get licensed cuz they gave up on season 1
Nov 21, 2011 10:49 PM
Nov 2011
Someone please add anything in the F/Z F/SN franchise on to amazon, I don't want to spend $700 shipping F/Z in Blu Ray. Thank you.
Nov 21, 2011 11:04 PM
Mar 2011
sou you guys can get thre proper versions

Dairugger
Mospeda
Ouguss

Nov 21, 2011 11:21 PM

Oct 2011
Macross Frontier... Really weird that it isn't.
Nov 21, 2011 11:45 PM

Aug 2011
Seitokai no Ichizon, no Seitokai no Ichizon in Australia makes me a sad panda.
Nov 21, 2011 11:56 PM

Sep 2010
SSJBeastmode said:
Macross Frontier... Really weird that it isn't.

It isn't licensed cause of Harmony Gold. Either they need stop being greedy and let someone license it or get themselves and release it subbed only or dub it.
"What has two arms, two legs, and is alive? Not your favorite character lol! xD"
Nov 22, 2011 12:13 AM

May 2010
Kara no Kyoukai
Bakemonogatari and possibly it's upcoming spin-offs

Also, I'd highly appreciate it if NIS dubbed at least the more popular of their acquisitions.
Nov 22, 2011 9:03 AM

Apr 2010
Um Guilty Crown. It's just one of those shows I'd get through dubbed. I can't explain but the vocie actors in Japanese just put me off watching it. Funimation, get on this! :)
Nov 22, 2011 9:51 AM

Oct 2008
Yojouhan Shinwa Taikei. I doubt they'd be able to dub it, but I want to see how they could, haha. I'd buy it even if it was sub-only, though.

Mawaru Penguindrum would be nice.
the Imaginary and the Real can never mingle.
Nov 22, 2011 10:39 AM

May 2010
Discrimo13 said:
Um Guilty Crown. It's just one of those shows I'd get through dubbed. I can't explain but the vocie actors in Japanese just put me off watching it. Funimation, get on this! :)

As far as I know, FUNi's already on it...
Nov 22, 2011 10:47 AM

Aug 2011
Kodomo no Jikan just to see the outrage it would cause.
Nov 22, 2011 12:59 PM

Mar 2011
Kampfer! I'd love to see how they would spin the seiyuu jokes using English voice actors. Not like it will ever happen though...
Harems don't exist in America. If one guy is constantly surrounded by beautiful girls, then he's probably the gay friend.
Nov 23, 2011 11:16 AM

Apr 2010
Shima_XIX said:
Discrimo13 said:

As far as I know, FUNi's already on it...

Awesome, hopefully I won't have to wait long then =]
Nov 23, 2011 1:08 PM

Sep 2010
Nodame Cantabile
Mahou Shojo Madoka Magicka
Shiki
Dennou coil

Actually all anime that aren't shounen AND are thought provoking can be licencied easily.
Nov 24, 2011 9:23 AM

Nov 2008
4 pages and no mention of Rose of Versailles? It got licensed in most of Europe back in the day, but I'm sure that no English version exists (barring any Animax version that might exist). It's a classic. It deserves a license
Current FAL Ranking + Previous best::
[
Nov 24, 2011 9:44 AM
Mar 2011
Ashita no joe

Dec 11, 2011 11:25 AM
Sep 2011
Heartcatch Precure. Sadly it has a looooong way to go since it's the eight or so season of a franchise who's first season is the only one licensed so far.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

» Why do some people watch anime in 1.5x or 2x speed?

Rinrinka - 12 hours ago

41 by Spunkert »»
5 minutes ago

» Is the 7th season or the 8th season of the anime Tales of Demons and Gods being aired?

Lexix - 10 minutes ago

1 by Zarutaku »»
8 minutes ago

» J. Michael Tatum Appreciation Thread

APolygons2 - May 3

23 by Nemo_Niemand »»
12 minutes ago

» When is an anime too long or too short for you?

Spunkert - 2 hours ago

13 by Yonahim_Zz »»
13 minutes ago

» What Will It Take for You to Quit Anime?

Dragevard - 11 hours ago

36 by ST63LTH »»
14 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.