Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Aug 21, 2011 12:23 AM

Nov 2010
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
The last episode of the TV series. General Zannin (ep.14), General Muzan (ep.25) and Marshal Lacock (ep.35) were strong enemies. But, of course, the strongest enemy appears in this episode. The fight between "the devil who has the miraculous power and the name of the God" and "the devil who has the mind of the human race" begins. Devilman makes up his mind to fight with God to protect the heroine. Crying painfully, he transfigures into real himself - the devil - with Brahms' symphony no.1 1st movement for the background.
---
As the show is a classic aired in 1972, it's stale. However it's emotional in every aspect; picture, voice, sounds and so on. The early 1970s was the time when things were hot.
kuroneko99Aug 22, 2011 4:28 AM
Jun 26, 2012 7:47 PM

May 2010
I rather liked the last battle, setting it to Brahm's 1st was a good idea (and I also appreciated the Beethoven's 5th at the beginning of this episode!)

I don't think this was overall a very great work, though I've heard the manga it's based on is fantastic. It was usually enjoyable, but it was also quite childish and had poor animation (compare it to Cutey Honey for example).
“Money can't buy dere”
Apr 3, 2016 8:58 PM

Jun 2010
I get that Miki not believing the truth about Devilman represents her trust in him which is meaningful despite her being factually wrong...but this story is just not dealing with the fact that Devilman murdered Akira Fudo and is wearing his corpse like a suit.

Well, Devilman has never been bothered by it and no one else knows so it makes sense, really, but it's a pretty anti-hero kind of thing to be in a series that plays the "hero of justice" thing pretty straight after a few episodes of Devilman not wanting to bother with other demons.
Feb 8, 2017 4:04 PM

Feb 2013
In the end she didn't find out that he was Debiruman.
Jun 23, 2017 3:37 PM

Nov 2012
Worse than the manga and worse than other Go Nagai anime I've seen (Mazinger Z).

More topics from this board

Poll: » Devilman Episode 4 Discussion

Ulquiorra - Feb 4, 2017

3 by JVskunkape »»
Apr 15, 6:48 AM

Poll: » Devilman Episode 3 Discussion

Seabury - Jun 7, 2011

4 by JVskunkape »»
Apr 15, 6:03 AM

Poll: » Devilman Episode 2 Discussion

Ulquiorra - Feb 4, 2017

5 by JVskunkape »»
Apr 9, 11:02 PM

Poll: » Devilman Episode 1 Discussion

Seabury - Jun 3, 2011

10 by JVskunkape »»
Apr 9, 8:32 AM

Poll: » Devilman Episode 11 Discussion

Seabury - Jul 28, 2011

3 by Cam1922 »»
Nov 12, 2023 7:06 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.