Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Jul 31, 2011 1:15 PM

Jul 2008
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
And so they managed to fit the whole Flashback arc into just two episodes without any noticeable cuts. Congrats to the Director :D

The animation was not the best, tough there was some stylistic candy.

The Anime did justice to the sweet story of Nurarihyon and Yohime. I have a dream that they will animate the Light Novels as OVA's so we see their family life animated.

And lol at Nurarihyon becoming a heartless bastard. Even if Setsura thoguht she coukd try again a century later, he will probably be already too old to be attractive XD

And Kitsune's curse... that thing is still known to be discussed on Manga forums -_-

And of course, we can't forget that this adventure was the one that won Nura's the "Master of all Youkai" title... which was held by Kyoto Clan at that time.

Nurarihyon: "Of course, there are future adventures for me no doubt. I will..."
Setsura: "Nurarihyon!! Go buy some vegetables!"
Nurarihyon: "What the... who do you..."
Yohime: "Oh, could you take our little one with you? He could use a walk :D"
Nurarihyon: "...and I was the Master of all Spirits once :("
Yohime: "And buy him a toy!"
Setsura: "Yeah, please... it is summer so whatever I make from ice will just melt -_-"

(something liek this happened in 3rd Light Novel so it is not prue fiction :P )

Next ep we are back to the present and already leave for a new location.
NayraelJul 31, 2011 1:43 PM
Jul 31, 2011 1:35 PM

Nov 2009
Wow only 2 eps... i would have given 3... Do you remember how many chapters of this arc were in the manga?

But yeah the director is doing a wonderful job...

Loved this ep
Jul 31, 2011 1:55 PM

Jul 2008
Bolt_ said:
Wow only 2 eps... i would have given 3... Do you remember how many chapters of this arc were in the manga?

Around 5 chapters were animated in this ep.
Jul 31, 2011 3:29 PM

May 2010
Where did you guys watch it?!
"I don't need a reason to save someone"

Kamijou Touma
Jul 31, 2011 4:01 PM

Jul 2008
I myself downloaded and watched the RAW.
Jul 31, 2011 4:03 PM

Jul 2010
KyonzumiNagato13 said:
Where did you guys watch it?!

Episode 5 just came out on VizAnime website.
Jul 31, 2011 4:22 PM

Nov 2009
Yeah watched raw...
Jul 31, 2011 5:43 PM

May 2010
Never mind. Watched it... Basically knew what was going on each soon, so no problem.
But... Wow. The animation of this one was WAY better than what they had before. Especially when

Can't wait for next week
Toono!
"I don't need a reason to save someone"

Kamijou Touma
Jul 31, 2011 6:23 PM

May 2009
Loved the flashback arc. If Nurarihyon was the MC then they would've managed to do in 2 episodes what some series can't do after a few hundred lol. Enjoying this season a lot so far.
Jul 31, 2011 7:50 PM

Nov 2007
There's someone who knew Gyuki, so he stopped Nurarihyon at first, but he still came to help him along with others. That female youkai is stronger than Nurarihyon?! No, he just didn't show his true power.

Keikain family member of that time saved Nurarihyon?!

But all youkai can still move without heart like Nurarihyon??

lol @ that masked youkai showing the face.
tsubasaloverJul 31, 2011 8:23 PM
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Jul 31, 2011 8:47 PM

Jan 2011
Awesome episode!
Nurarihyon was pretty awesome!
Jul 31, 2011 11:27 PM

Feb 2008
Nurarihyon is awesome.
So now it's up to his grandchild to protect it.

Well great episode I like Yo hime x Nurarihyon :)

Nothing ventured, nothing gained (Girls und Panzer der Film ) / from Nishizumi Miho

Aug 1, 2011 2:35 AM
Aug 2009
Nayrael said:
And so they managed to fit the whole Flashback arc into just two episodes without any noticeable cuts. Congrats to the Director :D

That was quick, I thought it will take at least 4 episodes O.o but still, great job :)

Oh, and Hihi was so young here ^^
So now, we'll go back to Rikuo and his friends, right? :D
Aug 1, 2011 7:41 AM

Feb 2008
wow, they really rushed through this didn't they? there were no wasted scenes.
Aug 1, 2011 10:33 AM

Sep 2009
Herp, I didn't get to see the omake, but I guess just the translation is enough. xD

But that was a pretty amusing episode. The two scenes with them eating in the Keikain house amused me to no end. /lack of vocab apparently
Aug 1, 2011 10:49 AM

Apr 2010
Amazing episode ! They are so cute together ~~
-Just Believe-
Aug 1, 2011 10:50 AM

May 2010
kisami said:
wow, they really rushed through this didn't they? there were no wasted scenes.

Yeah but is too rushed,it's like everything went on so fast and before you know it, it's already done and I think the animation is pretty weak. Don't misunderstand me though I do enjoy it but I think they could do better !!
Aug 1, 2011 1:49 PM

Jul 2009
So... she ate his heart? And he's not dead?
Don't forget.
Always, somewhere,
someone is fighting for you.
As long as you remember her,
you are not alone.
Aug 1, 2011 1:52 PM

Jul 2008
wheresthehandle said:
So... she ate his heart? And he's not dead?

You need to do more than stab a heart to kill a powerful Youkai. Kitsune would have also survived that hit if the sword used was not special and if Hidemoto didn't use Hagun.

Tough it did have its consequences: it made him age faster which is why he is such an old fart while the rest of his friends practically didn't age.
Aug 1, 2011 2:25 PM

Jun 2008
Nayrael said:
You need to do more than stab a heart to kill a powerful Youkai. Kitsune would have also survived that hit if the sword used was not special and if Hidemoto didn't use Hagun.

Tough it did have its consequences: it made him age faster which is why he is such an old fart while the rest of his friends practically didn't age.

finally i have the answer that i was searching for. i never knew why Nura grandpa was so old when the youkai are supposed to be young for centuries. Damn, to think that he still could be a hot guy if she didnt eat his heart T_T

oh well, loved this ep, great fights, many blood, romance and mostly the fanservice with Nura grandpa half naked with his awesome tattoo.

Im very pleased;D

ワンダーランド花 ♥

Aug 2, 2011 1:39 AM

Feb 2011
Nice ending.

So I was wondering in the pass generation of Nurarihyon is Rikou the only one who transform into a handsome Youkai everynight?
Aug 2, 2011 1:42 AM

Oct 2009
no the other nurarihyons are handsome yokai at all times ;)
Aug 2, 2011 7:48 PM

Sep 2008
If I was Youhime, I would want to stick my hand in Nura's hole...
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Aug 3, 2011 12:51 AM

May 2008
Waaaa, fanservice :DD Loved the tatoo on his back~
Aug 3, 2011 12:57 AM

Jan 2009
HawthorneKitty said:
If I was Youhime, I would want to stick my hand in Nura's hole...

lol +1
Aug 3, 2011 3:58 AM
Jul 2008
Grandfather was/is such a badass.
Aug 3, 2011 2:40 PM

Mar 2009
Yo-hime is soo cute~
Aug 3, 2011 3:51 PM

Jul 2009
couldnt she have healed and gave him a new heart... i guess not
well this explains what he's so ugly nowadays haha
Aug 3, 2011 5:06 PM
Jul 2009
Kurogashi said:
couldnt she have healed and gave him a new heart... i guess not
well this explains what he's so ugly nowadays haha

Youhime can heal wound and cure poison or illness, she can't grow a missing body part
Aug 4, 2011 5:05 AM

Apr 2009
finally gonna be back to rikuo
glad this arc only took 2 episodes
Aug 4, 2011 6:15 AM

Jul 2007
Did not find this episode very entertaining, im hoping for a bigger finish.
Aug 4, 2011 9:51 PM
Sep 2009
Superb episode, such a great couple~~ and the relationship between Keikain and Nurarihyon lol
Aug 5, 2011 11:40 AM

Jun 2010
Not much as expected. Wanted some good strategy fight like the itachi on myouji.
This was quite ordinary fight. no special moves or reasons.

So the grandpa is him ? Meaning the current nurarihyon will also have a long head ?
I thought it was just the hair but it's the head that was making the hair look like that ?
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Aug 5, 2011 5:37 PM
Jul 2009
pieceofshota said:
Not much as expected. Wanted some good strategy fight like the itachi on myouji.

So the grandpa is him ? Meaning the current nurarihyon will also have a long head ?
I thought it was just the hair but it's the head that was making the hair look like that ?

I really wish you would stop calling Ryuuji "Itachi Inmyouji".
Aug 5, 2011 10:00 PM

Jul 2007
love the flashback two episodes! It's getting better and better :D
Aug 6, 2011 10:20 AM

Jun 2008
Unfortunately the battle seemed kind of rushed. This was the most interesting bad demon i have seen and is just a waste that the whole conflict was rushed.

Still this season until now kicks the shit out of the first season so am content with that.
Aug 7, 2011 5:14 AM

Oct 2009
Koshi_Inaba said:
pieceofshota said:

me too :/
Aug 7, 2011 5:38 AM

Jul 2008
I don't get why they are even comparing Itachi and Ryuuji. They are completely different characters :/
Aug 7, 2011 10:45 AM

Apr 2009
So he really did eat on the main house of Keikain? Such arrogance, well Hidemoto doesn't seem to mind it though. LOL Speaking of Hidemoto, his second to the last lines made me laugh.

Hidemoto said:
Well in another fifty years I'll be dead. So it doesn't really concern me.

I like him already, too bad he's dead. Though being a Hagun doesn't seem to be that bad but he'll be all skeleton and bones like the ancestors he summoned. Or not. LOL

Very interesting last part, Hagoromo-Gitsune was an eight-tailed kitsune last time so if he/she/it reincarnated in the present timeline (unless of course if it was just sealed is another matter) it will be nine-tailed? Hitotsume was with the princess who can cry pearls and she looks like one of the tochigami from the first season. Was that Hihi unmasking himself? He looks like a pretty human to me.
You see there's no need to wonder where your god is,
Coz he's right here! ...and he's fresh out of mercy.
Aug 8, 2011 6:07 AM

Jun 2010
Koshi_Inaba said:
pieceofshota said:

i cant remenber his name. dont read mine if u udont like it.
Aug 8, 2011 6:09 AM
Jul 2009
pieceofshota said:
Koshi_Inaba said:
pieceofshota said:

i cant remenber his name. dont read mine if u udont like it.

His name is Ryuji, two fucking syllables, why is it so hard to remember
Aug 8, 2011 7:40 AM
Aug 2010
tofei said:
So he really did eat on the main house of Keikain? Such arrogance, well Hidemoto doesn't seem to mind it though. LOL Speaking of Hidemoto, his second to the last lines made me laugh.

Hidemoto said:
Well in another fifty years I'll be dead. So it doesn't really concern me.

I like him already, too bad he's dead. Though being a Hagun doesn't seem to be that bad but he'll be all skeleton and bones like the ancestors he summoned. Or not. LOL

Very interesting last part, Hagoromo-Gitsune was an eight-tailed kitsune last time so if he/she/it reincarnated in the present timeline (unless of course if it was just sealed is another matter) it will be nine-tailed? Hitotsume was with the princess who can cry pearls and she looks like one of the tochigami from the first season. Was that Hihi unmasking himself? He looks like a pretty human to me.

Yes, Hagoromo-Gitsune should have nine tails by now and twice as powerful as she was when she fought Nurarihyon.
About that maiden Hitotsume Nyudo, good observation. She is indeed Kokehime, one of the Nura Clan's allied land gods of Rikuo's time.
Hihi's face was known to be quite feminine. A bishounen with a feminine face and super strength to boot. His son, Shouei, got his good looks and overbearing stature from him.
Nov 26, 2011 4:58 PM

Oct 2009
Hmmm, over, huh.
Mar 30, 2012 9:17 AM

Jul 2011
Hmm. That fight... was boring. >>

Nice back story regardless, I guess. Nurarihyon is such a womanizer. -sigh-
Apr 6, 2012 7:12 PM

Nov 2008
Wow! Granda is a badass. Considering that people here have mention that the manga had a different version or that they omitted material in the anime, I'm looking forward to reading the manga.
Jun 7, 2012 9:07 AM

Aug 2010
I love that arc about Nurarihyon's past!! Cant believe I get to see a lot of scenes with young, hot and cool nurarihyon! And it's really interesting, about his relationship with yohime and also hidemoto (of the kekain clan)! Though I feel a tad sad he got his heart eaten...and hence we can no longer see his past hot self!! (thanks for the info on this to "Nayrael", previously i was wondering why he was still alive even though his heart got eaten)
Oct 12, 2012 1:20 PM

May 2012
Amazing... ang glad that Hihi's face was shown! Nurarihyon is really awesome!! Hehe.. He and Princess Yo are really cute together :)
Apr 9, 2013 9:09 AM

Sep 2009
Waaaaaa!!! Nurarihyon is Hot!!!! I'm in love with him.
I like this episode.

Hidemoto is so amazing too and that other onmyoji.. He's so funny XD
Lol at what Hidemoto said about Nurarihyon visiting their house just to eat :D
LIKE A BOSS..
Oct 17, 2013 2:44 PM
Mar 2012
That was a little gory...
It was nice, but I'm glad the flashback is over now.
Dec 31, 2013 8:34 PM

Jun 2012
OMG, this was awesome. Oh, this means that Nura's grandmother is a princess. Wow, thats a pretty impressive lineage. Just one more thing, on his back, Nurarihyon has a huge tattoo, but in the present time line he doesn't have one.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Nurarihyon no Mago: Sennen Makyou Episode 15 Discussion

tsubasalover - Oct 16, 2011

13 by Archean-Return »»
Feb 9, 4:25 PM

Poll: » Nurarihyon no Mago: Sennen Makyou Episode 3 Discussion

Nayrael - Jul 17, 2011

46 by Archean-Return »»
Feb 7, 10:29 PM

Poll: » Nurarihyon no Mago: Sennen Makyou Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

tsubasalover - Dec 18, 2011

102 by MizuhoKamui »»
Jul 25, 2023 8:14 AM

Poll: » Nurarihyon no Mago: Sennen Makyou Episode 23 Discussion

lc94 - Dec 16, 2011

28 by MizuhoKamui »»
Jul 25, 2023 7:36 AM

Poll: » Nurarihyon no Mago: Sennen Makyou Episode 22 Discussion

tsubasalover - Dec 4, 2011

29 by MizuhoKamui »»
Jul 25, 2023 6:46 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.