Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »
Jul 29, 2011 2:41 PM

Jan 2009
sillyriri said:
Ringo's diary... why do I get the feeling that it's either not describing things that will happen to her, or that she's changing her own future by using it?
I'd say it's probably just "things that will happen," and it doesn't really matter if she tries to make it happen or not. Fate and whatnot, it happens regardless of whether you want it or not.
And she doesn't necessarily interpret what it says correctly either. In fact, most of her interpretations are probably somewhat off.
Protip: I don't really check the forums anymore, so if you want something, take it on my profile.
Is it time for my long-awaited return to the forums? щ(゚Д゚щ) Nope™, probably not.
Jul 29, 2011 4:25 PM

Jan 2011
This episode was amazing, I couldn't stop myself from laughing when Penguin 2 ate the fish instead of saving Ringo. The entire episode was just hilarious in my opinion. I put all my jumbled thoughts here, check it out if you feel like it. The end was crazy and now I'm really suspicious of Ringo. I'm thinking that the diary might not have anything to do with "fate", but instead she finds ways to manipulate what's happening in order to fulfill the things she writes. But, idk. I'm probably completely off. This show leaves so much to consider and think about even after the episode ends.
Jul 29, 2011 5:12 PM

Jun 2010
Loved this episode, 5/5 from me.

Poor Ringo....ALL her hopes, fantasies, delusions, dreams crushed and the funny part she still thinks it was Tabuki that gave her CPR. XD
Jul 29, 2011 5:16 PM

Oct 2010
Wasabi said:
So... what? Ringo has one of those Future Diaries from Mirai Nikki or something?
HAHA! Glad you were thinking too about that. The question is is the diary itself magical or it's the powers of Ringo that are. Hmmmmm, good question but so far Ringo has shown all that she is a normal human.

- BLOG - My Club- Easiest way to reach the rest of my thoughts!
Jul 29, 2011 5:43 PM

Nov 2010
PaninaManina said:
prismheart said:
Vanisher said:
ReaperCreeper said:
Ringo was seriously pissing me off with her fairy tale day dreams.
yeah.
That was the funniest part imo.
Sadly, no matter how brilliant this series is, and has made brilliant use of the Takarazuka theater in this episode, not just for comedy purposes, but also character development and show us more of their mind. It's not for everyone.
Ringo The director was seriously pissing me off with her his fairy tale day dreams.
Another nay vote. The direction is annoying.
Jul 29, 2011 5:57 PM

Dec 2010
Aww..No Survival Strategy. :(
The daydream thing is funny but a little annoying.
And I wonder if that diary is the Penguin drum..
The perverted penguins were really funny. XD #2 went for the fish instead of Ringo lol.
Jul 29, 2011 6:02 PM

Apr 2008
I've got three words for this episode: IKUHARA. IS. BACK.

This is the kind of episode that a number of viewers of the series have been waiting for. In Revolutionary Girl Utena, Ikuhara was known for dishing out some off-kilter humor to balance out the dramatic, metaphysical nature of the show. That same kind of humor is on display in this episode, from the uniform bird watchers to the fairy tale-themed non sequiters.

Oh, yeah, and the story's really started rolling now. I can't wait for more of this series.
Jul 29, 2011 6:14 PM

Mar 2011
Hmm what if the diary is something like the ones in Mirai Nikki?
But the process of getting the end result doesn't have to be the same with what the writer wants (ugh crappy grammar). The end result is what matters. Ringo did get what she wants, but she didn't specifically said how she can get it right? All she writes in the diary is the end result.

Edit: I just realized that I've never seen a scene showing Ringo writing the diary. Or maybe I missed it. Maybe everything is already written down? But if it does, why is it talking about Ringo only, not other people?

And if I'm right, then Shouma might be Ringo's prince then. Poor guy.

Anyhow, I don't like this episode that much. The whole stage play of Ringo's imagination annoys me. Need more Kanba
anaagaJul 29, 2011 6:52 PM
Jul 29, 2011 7:19 PM

Aug 2007
i love how the genre of this anime gets changed all the time, last time i checked it was "slice of life". now it's "comedy"???
Jul 29, 2011 7:22 PM

Feb 2010
IKUHARA.

Get it man, Fantastic episode filled with comedy, mystery and industrial strength fabulous. yes. sir.
Jul 29, 2011 7:29 PM

Aug 2007
however i find it odd that people dismiss the thought that ringo could push that girl from the escalator. why would she use the stamp after reading that sentence then? she should at least be able to see it happen to stamp it i think...

scratch that, but i'm still surprised she acts as if she is sure it happened. maybe she blindly believes the diary though..
suusuuJul 29, 2011 7:33 PM
Jul 29, 2011 8:53 PM

Oct 2010
ringo's fucking crazy and i like it
Jul 29, 2011 9:31 PM

Jan 2008
Ringo is annoying as hell, worst character of the show, more Shouma and Kamba please.
Jul 29, 2011 9:54 PM

May 2008
No.2 Penguin was epic win ! Fish > Ringo LOL and is that Kanba that pushed her down the escalator?

Awesome Sig by Lailide
Jul 29, 2011 9:58 PM

Nov 2008
PaninaManina said:
Pure win... Pure Win...

ReaperCreeper said:
Ringo was seriously pissing me off with her fairy tale day dreams.

Sadly, no matter how brilliant this series is, and has made brilliant use of the Takarazuka theater in this episode, not just for comedy purposes, but also character development and show us more of their mind. It's not for everyone.

Not just because many do not understand what is being done, they simply not have patience.

THIS

anyway, less Ringo and more Takakura siblings please.
She's really getting on my nerves. And I usually like stalkers...

The old shoujo manga parody's going on on Ringo's head were funny. And I noticed I never saw a Japanese musical.

Oh my god Kanba's penguin doing upskirt was hilarious, So was Shouma's penguin ignoring a drowning Ringo for a fish xD
The penguins still make the show.

In the preview we heard Sho asking Ringo for her diary.
Really Sho-chan? Really? I know you're such a nice guy but you should just steal that thing. I highly doubt she will give it to you anyway.

And the skunk had a penguin mark on his back. /hmmmmm
Jul 29, 2011 10:21 PM

Nov 2008
The content of that diary is not specific so her plan didn't do well. She has a vivid imagination so she thinks everything on that diary are for her. Like the whole drowning scene. The diary didn't mention who will save her, she just assumed Tabuki will save her. Everything is destined in that diary and not Ringo's tampering with fate. I wish she would realize that xDD

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .anime . manga . updates . ♫♪ . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
Jul 29, 2011 11:29 PM

Jan 2011
It is pretty obvious that Ringo is more an inept stalker than evil stalker at this point. Her interpretation of the diary was way off the mark (yes first kiss at 4:00, but it is from Sho-chan). I want to find out how the diary became named the Penguin Drum. Clearly it is an artifact of some power. Note that simply because the destiny stamp was applied in a diary, does not mean it was Ringo's version--I'm wondering if there aren't several versions out there and a war going on between mask queen and the murderer.
Please don't feed the trolls!
In my next life I want to collide at the corner with the cute transfer student
carrying a piece of toast in her mouth
...rodac

Jul 30, 2011 1:19 AM

Mar 2010
I think the whole diary being the "penguindrum" was pretty obvious 1-2 episodes ago. Pretty retarded though.. So far I'm getting kinda bored with this series.
Jul 30, 2011 7:03 AM

Dec 2010
Meh; not much happened again in this episode. I'm not expecting great things from this anime; with 24 episodes, I fail to see how they plan to make this plot develop without having to resort to fillers.
Jul 30, 2011 8:14 AM

Mar 2010
Is it just me who felt Ringo acted like a non-lesbian version of Miyamae Kanako from Maria Holic in this episode? :P

Jul 30, 2011 10:01 AM

Apr 2009
SHIT JUST GOT REAL.
Jul 30, 2011 10:08 AM
Jul 2018
A lack in plot development in this episode, once again it's about Ringo being a total creepy stalker. However, end of the episode was epic as FACK, and as always this show does not cease to male me rofl.
Jul 30, 2011 11:00 AM
Jul 2018
mystik said:
still no real progress and no survival plan this time :(

Ringo was so mean to the dumb brother. needed more of the good brother.

Tabuki keeps reminded me of Head from Star Driver.

probably because the head and tabuki have the same VA
Jul 30, 2011 12:07 PM

Aug 2007
The princess crap was really annoying and took up way too much time.

The only really plot-driven thing in this episode was Ringo(?) pushing the red heels girl down the escalator. Otherwise, same old stalker stuff.
Jul 30, 2011 12:25 PM

Jun 2010
Another entertaining episode, although it is going slow. And so, it seems like another conspiracy team like the one in Utena... I wonder why that girl pushed the other one from the stairs.
Jul 30, 2011 12:46 PM

Jul 2009
That stalker girl needs to go.

But DAYUM I'm starting to think this could be this season's rare gem. I love Usagi Drop but come on, this one leaves me begging for more!
Jul 30, 2011 1:21 PM
Jan 2011

This is now starting to become mysterious.

mod edit : added spoiler tags
NayahJul 31, 2011 6:33 AM
Jul 30, 2011 1:38 PM

Apr 2011
Dropped this shit. I fucking hate Ringo and this episode was all about her. Nothing worthwhile this ep at all, fuck this. MIGHT pick it up later if worthless bitch dies a horrible, painful death at the hands of a cute penguin.

1/5
Blind_GuardianJul 30, 2011 1:42 PM
Jul 30, 2011 5:05 PM

Mar 2009
Fabulous lunch. WHAT

"DAZZLING THE STAGE! PRINCE TABUKI!"

Oh, gg...
Jul 30, 2011 6:32 PM

Aug 2010
This is just a really weird show but it's interesting nonetheless. I honestly keep watching for the penguins because they are hilarious. That Ringo girl though... I really don't like her. The level of stalking going on is just insane. Seriously it's really creepy. I feel like in another episode or two she's gonna kidnapped Tabuki and tie him to a bed somewhere. Then the whole thing about pushing that girl down the escalator. I am so confused, what is really going on!?
Jul 30, 2011 6:54 PM

Jan 2011
The plot FUCKING thickens. I like Ringo's hallucinations but I would rather have survival strategy. Lmfao I love when Yuri says 'Fabulous max" xDD

Dream Shouma : " Prince forget about that peasant Yuri is in trouble!!"

LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL

"FAABBUULLOUUUSSS LLUUNNCCHH"
[center]
Jul 30, 2011 7:08 PM

Nov 2009
I'm starting to hope that Ringo does what she does in the OP and catches randomly on fire and disappears forever...
Jul 30, 2011 8:52 PM

Jul 2008
The only part I found interesting was the last two minutes.
Jul 31, 2011 1:35 AM

Dec 2007
I got kinda tired of her daydreams taking up most of the episode. It wasn't as interesting as the previous episodes, but with the last few minutes...the plot is thickening.
Jul 31, 2011 2:55 AM

Apr 2009
Episode 4 was ok. Honestly, i don't care for Ringo almost at all. I thought to myself the very first time she went into her stupid day dream theater that "please don't let this be a trend" and sure nuff it was, so i fast forwarded it immediately as soon as it started up again. A little extreme to hate seeing character on screen this early on? Yeah maybe. Yuri added a great vibe to the episode. The penguins doing random things in the background made most of the episode to me. I lol when they made it seem like the penguin was going to save Ringo only for it to nab a fish and head back up. Then the skunk fouling folks up. The ending was interesting tho to say the least.
DreddJul 31, 2011 3:00 AM
Jul 31, 2011 2:56 AM
Jul 2011
I enjoyed this episode quite alot, the ending left me curious, but for some reason I am sure Ringo isn't the one who pushed her, maybe it's the fact that none of the clothing matched in colour scheme, and going back and forth would take way too long, I just think she blindly believes in the diary that she accepts it.

Also I don't know why people dislike Ringo so much, sure she's obssessive and very bitchy, but it's better than seeing the same old character mould of a sweet and innocent girl in love right?

#2 has gained my respect, he ummm saved (then ate) a fish instead of helping Ringo and #1 is just a true man (if that's his gender) lol :P

Sky High - The True King of Heroes
Jul 31, 2011 4:11 AM
Jul 2018
SkyHigh said:

Also I don't know why people dislike Ringo so much, sure she's obssessive and very bitchy, but it's better than seeing the same old character mould of a sweet and innocent girl in love right?

I too would've been disappointed if Ringo did't act like stalkers normally do: invade your privacy, interfer with your relationships, and go to any length to possess you.

You gotta appreciate that the producers didn't stick with the stereotypical archetypes and are trying something new. I see Ringo as a comic relief and found the daydreams, in which everything don't always go as planned, funny. I also laughed when I saw prince Tabuki make his entrance wearing all that makeup.
removed-userJul 31, 2011 5:13 AM
Jul 31, 2011 11:03 AM

Feb 2011
Ranka Lee v Sheryl Nome... but Ringo is starting to get a little annoying...

I watch this for the penguins and commuter safety messages. XD

The person who pushed that girl down definately wasn't Kanba as a few have mentioned. Brown sleeves and knee high black stocking. Hmmmmm.... Maybe this will be the next safety message: Beware of strangers who attempt to push you down a long escalator...
Jul 31, 2011 11:39 AM

Apr 2011
Raven_Shinobi said:
SkyHigh said:

I too would've been disappointed if Ringo did't act like stalkers normally do: invade your privacy, interfer with your relationships, and go to any length to possess you.

You gotta appreciate that the producers didn't stick with the stereotypical archetypes and are trying something new. I see Ringo as a comic relief and found the daydreams, in which everything don't always go as planned, funny. I also laughed when I saw prince Tabuki make his entrance wearing all that makeup.

Ugh, those fantasies were so abysmally annoying I turned the show off halfway thru the first one. I looked at the screencaps later and saw all I missed was more of them. I felt the creator was like "Ooo everyone look at me, I did Utena, remember that?" I don't appreciate Ringo in the least, she's crazy, utterly unlikeable, as ugly as an anime character gets, and sucks the life right out of the series. I'm clearly not the only one to whom Ringo is a giant gaping black hole of suck, either.

My hatred of Ringo has caused me to see the rest of the show in a new light, too. The annoying stock footage, the bland-ass brothers who're the main characters, the art style, that annoying habit the creator has of using stick figures for NPCs ... this whole show is just plain bad. The only saving grace is the penguins, and I can go to the zoo for that.

Series score when dropped: 3/10
Blind_GuardianJul 31, 2011 11:42 AM
Jul 31, 2011 1:01 PM

Jun 2007
Oh lol, those penguins...

By the way, that advertisment Ringo sees - it's Takarazuka, right? :D

[upd] I'm reading comments now.. wow, people actually hate Ringo! =O That's so unexpected... she is so rad!
SorvarinJul 31, 2011 1:13 PM
see you, space cowperson . . .
Jul 31, 2011 1:10 PM

Jan 2011
Dxx said:
Ranka Lee v Sheryl Nome... but Ringo is starting to get a little annoying...

I watch this for the penguins and commuter safety messages. XD

The person who pushed that girl down definately wasn't Kanba as a few have mentioned. Brown sleeves and knee high black stocking. Hmmmmm.... Maybe this will be the next safety message: Beware of strangers who attempt to push you down a long escalator...

I know it's not Kanba also it looked like Tabuki to me.
[center]
Jul 31, 2011 1:26 PM
Jul 2011
I really liked this episode. It was different, Ringo-centric, but not worse because of that. It gave us a new light and shows Ringo as a creepy, manic stalker like she's meant to be, not a cute girl with a crush. Ringo isn't my favorite character, but she's better than before - Then she was the normal cute japanese schoolgirl, now she's more of a tomboy, with a strange modus operandi, and a really creepy obsession.

This is why I think Ringo is related to the murder of the girl. We saw she's capable of almost killing herself to keep to her schedule. So why wouldn't she be able to kill someone? Also, the red shoe. The red shoe is only a detail, but the schedule required a RED shoe. How would Ringo know it was a red one if she just watched it in the news and was unrelated to it? Maybe she didn't push the girl, but I think she's related to the red-haired woman that probably killed her. Dessssssstinyyyyyyyyy.

As for the theathre thing, I found it a bit annoying, but interesting. Really Utenalike, but a bit more comical, like Nanami's scenes. Another dive into Ringo's mind, she sees everything twisted and turned and looking nothing like reality. This is her creepy stalker mind. Also, is Yuri from the Takarazuka Revue?

Also, as for the stick figures: They're metro stick figures. It goes well with the theme of the show. Apparently everything here relates to subways in a way or another, even the SURVIVAL STRATEGY transformation scene. It's not too annoying, just strange when someone passes by behind them and you can see their feet because the stick figures FLOAT.

I'm liking this show very much until now.
Jul 31, 2011 7:45 PM

Oct 2008
I think many people missed the "Seizon senryaku!!!" this week! I hope this picture will alleviate the hole left in its wake.

Spoiler for size.
Jul 31, 2011 8:52 PM

Jul 2009
RyuKirin said:
Lol, another amazing amazing amazing episode xD. The funniest part was when Ringo drowned and the penguin swam towards her to only grab the fish xD. I fking roflol'ed xDDDD.

Epic troll, I really thought the kiss was gonna end up being with the penguin.
Don't forget.
Always, somewhere,
someone is fighting for you.
As long as you remember her,
you are not alone.
Jul 31, 2011 11:20 PM

Oct 2010
I have checked who the end culprit is! If you look at her from her OP intro in the spoiler
you can see her clothing. Right?

I would like to point out detailed proofs in the spoiler
that does tend to resemble many pieces of the girl from the OP including the hair.

Conclusion, Asami was murdered by our gun wielding girl for unknown reasons yet. Her watch here indicates 9pm death time. Does the time have any meaning?

- BLOG - My Club- Easiest way to reach the rest of my thoughts!
Aug 1, 2011 2:46 AM

Jul 2011
lolololololol this episode is so fun!!!! best episode yet and without a doubt, best anime this season <3 <3 <3
Aug 1, 2011 12:47 PM
Jul 2011
Yumekichi11 said:
I have checked who the end culprit is! If you look at her from her OP intro in the spoiler

that does tend to resemble many pieces of the girl from the OP including the hair.

Conclusion, Asami was murdered by our gun wielding girl for unknown reasons yet. Her watch here indicates 9pm death time. Does the time have any meaning?

Well played, very well spotted, I bet people are going to call me a retard for not noticing it as if it was completely obvious (which it definately isnt)

I am happy to know that my assumption of Ringo not being the killer is correct :D though I am curious about this girl even more now. (I've been curious about her every time I see the opening, i keep thinking Why the Gun?)

I hope I see Seizon Senryaku! next week (yes completely random I know)

Aug 1, 2011 1:55 PM

Jan 2011
Yumekichi11 said:

lol the pants or long stockings threw me off so I thought it was a male guess I was wrong.
[center]
Aug 1, 2011 2:02 PM

Aug 2008
SkyHigh said:

You are right, but missing one point. I dislike Ringo for her character. But I like her character design. Umm... is that understandable?
I mean I dislike Ringo, but I like the way she's created. As you said, watching something new is better. So I hate Ringo, but I give credit to whoever created her.

BTW, I'm now in for Ringo x Shouma. And if Ringo falls hard for Shouma and gets dominated by him, I'll be overjoyed.
Aug 1, 2011 2:30 PM
Jul 2011
KaitoDash said:
SkyHigh said:

You are right, but missing one point. I dislike Ringo for her character. But I like her character design. Umm... is that understandable?
I mean I dislike Ringo, but I like the way she's created. As you said, watching something new is better. So I hate Ringo, but I give credit to whoever created her.

BTW, I'm now in for Ringo x Shouma. And if Ringo falls hard for Shouma and gets dominated by him, I'll be overjoyed.

Strangely enough Ringo X Shouma was something I am/was expecting from episode one when Shouma see's Ringo in a crowd when they pass each other, also their interaction in this episode whilst being mainly bitchy from Ringo was actually quite fun to watch, even though I really hate when people get blamed for something thats not their fault, or they didn't do, especially when people are directing it at myself.

I understand what you are getting at, you dislike her character for being a creepy stalker, but you enjoy that it's something new thus you can witness something more unique, like a genuine stalker instead of comical anime stalkers.

Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Mawaru Penguindrum Episode 14 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

RainbowMagnet - Oct 13, 2011

218 by jumbosan »»
Apr 13, 6:01 PM

Poll: » Mawaru Penguindrum Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Yumekichi11 - Sep 1, 2011

217 by jumbosan »»
Apr 13, 6:58 AM

Poll: » Mawaru Penguindrum Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Blackbird - Jul 14, 2011

176 by jumbosan »»
Apr 12, 11:17 PM

Poll: » Mawaru Penguindrum Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

zimno - Jul 7, 2011

351 by jumbosan »»
Apr 12, 10:26 PM

Poll: » Mawaru Penguindrum Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Yumekichi11 - Dec 22, 2011

544 by FarCritical »»
Mar 29, 1:56 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.