Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Jul 14, 2011 10:56 AM

Nov 2008
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Episode deals with the photoshoots.

Iori is more of a mess than in the games and her plan with Yayoi and the Futami sisters to become more beautiful for the shoot is hilarious, but seeing all 4 appear in far too much makeup and oversized breasts made of balls was gut busting, the look on the producer's face was amusing.

The episode and the shoot ended well with all the Idols looking pretty good. Hibiki's was pretty nice and what made it good is the hamster, she actually takes the advice of her hamster and it shows. I loled at the woman in the camera crew fainting at Makoto's prince-like allure, she must be a yuri fangirl. Oh and Haruka's pose after she fell was nice and the cameraman couldn't resist taking a shot.

Iori is so cute in the ED flashbacks

Moral of the episode: You look beautiful the way you are,.

5/5

Jul 14, 2011 11:02 AM

Oct 2010
Hoppy said:
but seeing all 4 appear in far too much makeup and oversized breasts made of balls was gut busting
Yeah that was just plain ridiculous IMO. Moral of that is don't get fake implants on your breast should you be a girl.

- BLOG - My Club- Easiest way to reach the rest of my thoughts!
Jul 14, 2011 11:11 AM
Jun 2008
natural pretty .

Kugimiya a tsundere character again = ="
Jul 14, 2011 1:39 PM

Oct 2009
Episode 2 is finally here. :D

Ami and Mami in monkey suits is surprisingly cute.

Ahhh Ritsuko brought in the main outfits from the 2nd game. :0 Those are my favorite.

The OP..."I'M LADY. I'M A LADY". They even have Ritsuko in it, we get a little taste of her being an idol. And holy crap, that concert part looked amazing. The animation for this show is something else. The single for the OP theme should be released August 10 iirc.

Cameo of Touma from Jupiter. Looks like they will be in the anime afterall. Hoping they also put the Dearly Stars characters in the anime.

Insert song is Watashi wa Idol.

LOLOLOL their outfits for the photoshoot were hilarious.

ED theme this time around is Positive!, one of Ami/Mami's image songs.

Looks like they really will be changing the ED every episode, it's certainly possible since they have so many songs to pick from and won't have to spend money to record since they've been recorded already long ago. This one was more of a slide show and didn't have much animation, but it's to be expected they can't go all out like with the 1st one, for EVERY ED.

Yayoi narrating the preview :D

Also, if this is what they're going to do with the Producer for the anime, it's not that bad. Although I still would have preferred a giant P-head, this will have to do. He did feel like a fly on the wall at most times.

Great episode, they really now have time to focus on a small group of characters at a time, since they got the introductions out of the way. Will rewatch when subs come out.
OustoJul 14, 2011 5:18 PM
Jul 14, 2011 9:04 PM

Jan 2010
Seeing that I'm not much of an Iori fan, I actually did manage to enjoy this episode. Can't wait for the next!
Jul 15, 2011 12:07 AM

Mar 2010
Can't wait for the next episode. I wonder if they're going for some kind of summer camping..

Jul 15, 2011 4:35 AM

Oct 2009
Hmmhmmhmm?

Don't know what to think about the series just yet, the producer guy seems rather a weak character he doesn't do anything...

But the girls are cute and the seiyuus are <3 so yeah, I guess I have to watch it.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 15, 2011 4:56 AM

Jun 2008
Yanoflies said:
Hmmhmmhmm?

Don't know what to think about the series just yet, the producer guy seems rather a weak character he doesn't do anything...

Because idolmasters is about the idols not about the producer. The producer is mostly going to be passive and will hear out the idols problems and try to solve it "passively".

Actually the producer in the game floats between passive and aggressive, but mostly passive.

one example he's aggressive (Game spoiler, may not be related to the anime)

Back On topic
-Touma actually appearing might foreshadow that there will be a story plot about the rivalry between 765 PRO and 961 PRO.

and
GOSH MIKI YOU'RE SO PRETTY

Visit this blog That I'm working with my friend
http://randomnessthing.com/
Jul 15, 2011 5:34 AM

Jun 2009
So, I just watched the episode, and, OMG, Toumaaaa~!!! :DD Eeeee, my wish is coming true~!! ^^ Can't wait to see the rest of Jupiter, especially Shouta~!!! <3

And the episode was cute, I laughed when Iori and the other three did that crazy make-up and oversized boobs~ XD

You have been blessed by sparkly bishie Cherry Blossom <3 You're welcome ^^

Jul 15, 2011 5:52 AM

Mar 2011
I lol at the makeup scenes.

But i HNNNG at Hibiki when she was talking to Hamzo during the photoshoot.

And Takane gets more beautiful as the scenes go.
Jul 15, 2011 7:20 AM

Jul 2009
This is just as good as I expected. Also, TOUMA!!!
I hope we'll also get the 876 idols...
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 15, 2011 7:36 AM

Nov 2008
kaimax said:
Yanoflies said:

GOSH MIKI YOU'RE SO PRETTY

Miki gets a hell of a lot of beauty sleep, she doesn't even need a fancy outfit to be beautiful similar to Yayoi except replace beautiful with bubbly cute. She looked very beautiful in that sweaterdress, her third person talk kinda helps, it just seems to work well with Miki.

Jul 15, 2011 7:58 AM

Aug 2010
Wow, I really didn't think this show would be so good. It's got humor and cute overload that I need to lie down for a little bit to recover. The twins are hilarious and so cute :)
Jul 15, 2011 8:39 AM

Nov 2010
I just don't like Iori/Rie
Jul 15, 2011 8:47 AM

May 2010
Ah photo shoot this sure takes me back a year ago !!
Jul 15, 2011 9:19 AM

Jan 2010
This episode wasn't as bad as the first one, but was still boring. Dropped.
Jul 15, 2011 11:43 AM

Jan 2011
Hm. Not bad, I hope they keep having different focuses on the characters each episode, I like that system better than the crazy mess last episode. It was a nice introduction though. I'm glad it hasn't lost it's humor either. I have more thoughts/screencaps in my blog post, check it out if you feel like it. (=
Jul 15, 2011 11:46 AM

Oct 2010
it was okay i guess , enjoying this series so far but nothing too special
Jul 15, 2011 11:59 AM
May 2011
grklein said:
This episode wasn't as bad as the first one, but was still boring. Dropped.
dont drop shows so early, ecpecially when you say it isnt bad, im not defending this show its just retarted for someone to drop a show so early and people like you that leave votes for this stuff without giving it a chance end up dragging the score down unrightfully, if it werent for people like you alot of shows would have a fair score
Jul 15, 2011 12:17 PM

Jun 2009
Yumekichi11 said:
Hoppy said:
but seeing all 4 appear in far too much makeup and oversized breasts made of balls was gut busting
Yeah that was just plain ridiculous IMO. Moral of that is don't get fake implants on your breast should you be a girl.

Exactly. Breast implants are for boys only.
Jul 15, 2011 1:25 PM

Oct 2010
really good episode!! I really like all the girls, but Yayoi just sticks out for me, LOL at the 4 girls which had a bit too much make up!!! :p

i think the ending changes for each character, which seems really good! :D
Jul 15, 2011 2:00 PM

Jun 2010
I feel like those twins are going to hit something big.

Jul 15, 2011 2:06 PM

Feb 2010
I'm actually not a Rie-Fan, but I somehow like Iori. I really loved her Ending.
Loled at the woman from the camera crew : D
Jul 15, 2011 3:44 PM

Oct 2007
Way to go, they should have done this with first episode.

Everything was good in this episode EXCEPTED one little loud kid. By the time Iori started open her mouth and the sound started coming out I have already known her entire line that she was a bout to say it. Really, I mean really, I am amazed at how Rie Kugimiya never getting tired of reading the same lines over and over and over and over again without getting bore of it.
I am praising you, Rie, I am praising you. You hear that!

"A Legend is but a tale of a beautiful lie."
Jul 15, 2011 4:11 PM

Oct 2009
Rewatched it with subs, this episode is very sweet. It kind of makes me feel a little sad for Iori, she was probably really lonely as a kid. This episode shows that there's more to Iori than the typical tsundere. But I did lol how she just yells at Producer.

Watching it in 720p rather than a bad stream is also much better, the animation for this is sooo good.

And wow, Chihaya really dresses like a boy. The outfit she wore for the photoshoot was terrible... Nobody likes her.
Jul 15, 2011 4:40 PM

Jun 2010
Ousto said:

And wow, Chihaya really dresses like a boy. The outfit she wore for the photoshoot was terrible... Nobody likes her.

Don't be so harsh on poor Chihaya...she really only has singing in her life ;_;

In other news, I liked this episode. I'm really liking all the girls. None of them come across as annoying to me, not even Iori.
Jul 15, 2011 4:54 PM

May 2009
I'm liking this a lot.

I guess every episode will center more on one of the characters and will be accompanied by a new ending sung by that character? The focus in this episode was Iori, she's my least favorite girl so I'm glad that's out of the way. But still, this episode was plenty of fun.
Jul 15, 2011 5:03 PM

Sep 2008
I think I know RieKugi's new typecast, "the forehead bitch".
Jul 15, 2011 8:10 PM

Jan 2011
i enjoyed it i like how the photoshoot showed everyone's personality,but Rie your killing me here (aria) was enough for me right now.
Jul 16, 2011 1:13 AM

Oct 2010
a great ep, it was fun to watch the photoshooting. Already one of my fav show this seasosn <3
Jul 16, 2011 1:59 AM

Nov 2010
Riga92 said:
Ousto said:

Don't be so harsh on poor Chihaya...she really only has singing in her life ;_;

In other news, I liked this episode. I'm really liking all the girls. None of them come across as annoying to me, not even Iori.

No doubt about it. They're out to get on their way to stardom, but solidly maintain their sisterhood. Let's hope they stay that way in character. :)
I play, the haters lose.
Jul 16, 2011 7:03 AM

Aug 2008
Episode was so enjoyable to watch.

10/10
Jul 16, 2011 11:23 AM

Jun 2009
It was an entertaining second episode; quite good, in fact. The photoshoot was a simple but nice way to give us an overview about the personalities and charms of the girls.

I am glad we got Iori’s part done and over with first; I don’t like her a bit.
I think, then procrastinate.
Therefore, I am.
Jul 16, 2011 11:30 AM

Apr 2010
Rie Kugi is getting on my nerves so much. I didn't mind it at first, but so many shows have had her in a lead role recently, so I just can't take it anymore. It just may deter my enjoyment for Shana III next season.

Subtract Iori, this is one of my favorite shows this season
Jul 16, 2011 11:38 AM

Nov 2008
Ousto said:

Chihaya need to get some prince lessons, she needs to act like one to get the yuri fans abuzzing.

Jul 16, 2011 3:53 PM

Aug 2009
While I can definitely see why some might consider Producer-san to be bland or generic, I think he serves as a good anchor/counterbalance to the girls' shenanigans.

Also, it seems like there's an awful lot of spoken onomatopoeia in this show.

I want the camera guy's hat.
Ha-cha!
Jul 16, 2011 4:36 PM
Mar 2010
Another very enjoyable episode for me. I just love the OP, too.

I guess I'm part of the minority here, but my KugiRie tolerance is pretty high, so I've been okay with her (last time I didn't like her in a role was Rose). Typical tsundere shenanigans totally alright. It's always fun to see Miki pretty much own everyone, she's awesome anyway. Hibiki too.

Odd how Chihaya was unable to smile correctly, since she's smiling in the opening animation and she smiled along with everyone when the Producer was introduced. Guess she forgot how it feels.

Looking foward to next week, gotta love im@s.
Jul 16, 2011 8:14 PM

Jul 2010
This anime is so fun to watch! I love their clothes for their photoshoot!
Jul 17, 2011 3:22 AM
Apr 2011
I dislike whiny voices and the twins' and Iori's are annoying and irritating especially Iori's. Why does it have to be Rie as the voice actress for this character?! ~__~
Jul 17, 2011 4:21 AM

Oct 2010
I am totally liking Iori. Most likely because of Rie. I find the following,

to be the best Iori. I find the second best of Iori to be in the spoiler
she is absolutely adorable there and she is quite cute when panicked at her bunny being damaged. I loved Iori with her new dress during the photo shoot out in the spoiler
she really looks good in it.

The second best for are the twins as follows,

That ”Boom-Chika-Boom” is such a classic. Found myself going along with it. Loved the Ami/Mami in their new outfits during the photo shoot out and when they were talking to Yayoi in the spoiler
considering that it’s the part where they were talking about adult appeal. Mami the devious one.

• Very very nice group pic of everyone in their stage outfits in the spoiler
    wow this is a keeper for me. It’s really nice.

• Considering that Miki is my #3 girl in this series, I loved all her shots in the spoiler
    she had amazing poses during the photo shoot out and her dress was really good on her. The wild girl so to speak.

• The OP was killer! Loved seeing the poses of everyone in the spoiler
    Particularly the ones of the twins jumping up and the hand cheer here.
Really good episode where maybe I will add more. Really liking some girls like the twins and Iori.

BTW anyone know what that symbol means at the end of the OP in the spoiler
I would like to know.

Jul 17, 2011 4:46 AM

Jun 2011
Liked this episode much better than episode 1. But still, what's with not seeing the President's face?
Anywho...loving the twins and the tomboy. lol @ the camerawoman's reaction.
Shaping up to be another good summer anime.

5/5 7/10
El Psy Congroo
Jul 17, 2011 12:39 PM
Mar 2010
endlessabyss said:
I dislike whiny voices and the twins' and Iori's are annoying and irritating especially Iori's. Why does it have to be Rie as the voice actress for this character?! ~__~

Well, she was Iori in the game. Actually, they're all reprising their roles from the game.
Jul 17, 2011 1:08 PM

Apr 2011
Iori has always been my favourite character
and since this episode, I hear voices in my head repeating "Iorin ! Iorin ! Iorin ! Iorin ! Iorin ! Iorin ! ..."

I like the ending too.

Smart lolis are smart.

I loved this episode, although I ask myself why is this stupid male charactere present.
oliproJul 17, 2011 1:11 PM
Jul 17, 2011 4:16 PM

Oct 2009
Yumekichi11 said:
I would like to know.

It's one of the logos for im@s.

prjgns said:
Liked this episode much better than episode 1. But still, what's with not seeing the President's face?

He just appears as a silhouette in the game, so he really has no face. That's why his face is always hidden, it's like a shout out to the game. Producer has no face either, but they decided to make a design for him instead, since it would have been hard to hide his face all the time.

Also, to all the Rie haters, if it helps, she was voicing Iori long before all these other tsundere roles. The arcade game was released in 2005. I do agree that Rie's voice can get annoying sometimes though, especially if you hear a lot of it. But I really like her as Iori.
Jul 17, 2011 5:24 PM

Oct 2010
Ousto said:
Yumekichi11 said:
I would like to know.

Oh, that's it? Is there a purpose for the logo as a promotional thing or it's just to show off production 765's logo?

Another question:
Why the hate on Jupiter?

I mean what did they do. Anyone that played the game, I would like to know about Jupiter more.

Jul 17, 2011 6:09 PM

Oct 2009
Yumekichi11 said:
Ousto said:
Yumekichi11 said:
I would like to know.

Oh, that's it? Is there a purpose for the logo as a promotional thing or it's just to show off production 765's logo?

Another question:
Why the hate on Jupiter?

I mean what did they do. Anyone that played the game, I would like to know about Jupiter more.

The first reason people hate Jupiter is because they are guys, and the fans don't want that in idolm@ster.

In the game they are your rival, and are jerks, so they are kind of made to be hated, to motivate you to beat them.
Jul 17, 2011 6:56 PM

Oct 2010
Ousto said:

The first reason people hate Jupiter is because they are guys, and the fans don't want that in idolm@ster.
I see but the girls do so does this mean as of this episode they may be drama with tears from some girls due to Jupiter teasing them and humiliating them in future episodes like it happens to some Idols IRL. Well I read some stuff in mags.
Ousto said:
In the game they are your rival, and are jerks, so they are kind of made to be hated, to motivate you to beat them.
ROFL, I am sure girls love those guys.

Jul 17, 2011 7:31 PM

Oct 2009
Yumekichi11 said:
Ousto said:

I see but the girls do so does this mean as of this episode they may be drama with tears from some girls due to Jupiter teasing them and humiliating them in future episodes like it happens to some Idols IRL. Well I read some stuff in mags.
Ousto said:

It's likely Yukiho will cry, since Jupiter makes her cry in the game.

A lot of girl fans like Jupiter, but Jupiter hasn't really received much attention. Only 2 songs, no CD releases. I guess since they're not very popular.
Jul 17, 2011 9:32 PM

Oct 2010
Ousto said:
Yumekichi11 said:
Ousto said:

Ousto said:
It's likely Yukiho will cry, since Jupiter makes her cry in the game.
Oh boy not too crazy about her but I am sure her fans will rage once they see that in the anime. I guess I could make some GIF of her when it happens if it happens.
Ousto said:
A lot of girl fans like Jupiter, but Jupiter hasn't really received much attention. Only 2 songs, no CD releases. I guess since they're not very popular.
Well, since most of the crowd are males as fans then I am not surprised.

Jul 18, 2011 6:54 AM

Sep 2010
Damn, pretty good episode...

I nearly dropped this show after first episode..... Good thing I gave it a second try.... :D
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » The iDOLM@STER Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Ousto - Jul 21, 2011

83 by gannoncannon55 »»
Apr 23, 6:55 PM

Poll: » The iDOLM@STER Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Hoppy - Jul 7, 2011

192 by gannoncannon55 »»
Apr 19, 9:22 PM

Poll: » The iDOLM@STER Episode 20 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Ousto - Nov 17, 2011

204 by Mat2468xk »»
Mar 10, 1:39 AM

Poll: » The iDOLM@STER Episode 19 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Niyawa - Nov 10, 2011

65 by Mat2468xk »»
Mar 8, 10:51 AM

» Do you have the original (this one) in order to watch million live and cinderella girls

FruityLime - Dec 9, 2023

1 by Mardhav_2007 »»
Dec 9, 2023 3:58 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.