MyAnimeList.net

Anime Information
Forums

Recent Posts | My Watched Topics | My Ignored Topics | Search

Nyanpire The Animation Episode 1 Discussion

Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Poll: Nyanpire The Animation Episode 1 Discussion

07-06-11, 9:11 AM

THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
The black cat is so cute ^-^
but the Animation is ... ...

... This only last for 5 minute and 1/4 of the Anime consist of ed song, some more its real life dancing.This Anime is sure low budget

07-06-11, 9:22 AM

This was...bad (for an adult at least, it's clearly anime for children). ED sure made it even worse. Here goes hope for Chi replacement <_<

"There is a road in the hearts of all of us, hidden and seldom traveled,
which leads to an unknown, secret place."

07-06-11, 9:30 AM

Oh god I could barely finish the episode, my god it was terrible, seeing blood would at least make this for teens at the least but nope this is for the children. Animation is piss poor, Nyanpire is ok as a character but I'm afraid he will get annoying pretty fast. Why do they just show Misaki's legs? Reminds me of what they did to the black lady in Tom and Jerry, even in Chi, they showed Chi's family in their entirety. OP and ED were the pits, worst ED this summer.

0.2/5

07-06-11, 10:17 AM

This'll be the best show of the season.
Which is kinda sad.

07-06-11, 10:25 AM

SO. CUTE.

With the exception of the ending song, which is terrible.

07-06-11, 10:33 AM

I clocked the anime at actually being two minutes long, save for the opening and ending segments.

The animation reminds me of Harvest Moon: My Little Shop. That's not a good thing, not at all. Also, what's with the cross? Vampires despise crosses, they don't wear them.

07-06-11, 10:42 AM

Monochrome said:
SO. CUTE.

SO. TRUE.

07-06-11, 10:42 AM

Onibokusu said:
I clocked the anime at actually being two minutes long, save for the opening and ending segments.

The animation reminds me of Harvest Moon: My Little Shop. That's not a good thing, not at all. Also, what's with the cross? Vampires despise crosses, they don't wear them.

A case of Narutoism, like Ninja's wearing orange is out of place, vampires shouldn't wear crosses.

07-06-11, 11:17 AM

That was magical :)
Laugh and the world laughs with you. Weep and you weep alone.

07-06-11, 11:32 AM

Monochrome said:

You should be hanged. I'm sorry.

07-06-11, 11:41 AM

Oh, come on! It was very cute! :3
And the eding is not good, but who cares about that?

07-06-11, 11:43 AM

GIVE ME BLOOD NYAN!

07-06-11, 12:08 PM

Onibokusu said:
Also, what's with the cross? Vampires despise crosses, they don't wear them.

Haven't you heard about Rosario + Nyanpire ? Also by Gonzo.

07-06-11, 12:21 PM

...I found this adorable. And actually, if you just don't watch... actual people in the ED, I think that the song is kinda cute. I mean, this is all supposed to be little kiddy cute. It sure felt little kiddy cute to me.

07-06-11, 12:23 PM

What the hell did i just watch? I thought that nothing could top Haiyoru! Nyaruani.

07-06-11, 12:25 PM

ED by Hyadain & Sasaki Sayaka = WIN (really adore them)

Nyanpire is cute ^_^

Rozario+Nyanpire, heh? Kapu-chuuuuuuuuuu...

8/10 for now.
2e16nig.png

07-06-11, 12:49 PM

Seems like some people are taking this show too serious.

It's just five minutes and obviously aimed at children.

The cat seems cute and the op/ed/whatever rocks, nyan~

07-06-11, 12:57 PM

DAT ENDING!

"Smells fishy..."

"A Legend is just a tale of a beautiful lie."

07-06-11, 1:10 PM

4/5
Very, very weird "anime" show, but at the same point, cool ;) if I may say so.

07-06-11, 1:33 PM

Doushite, nyan? Oh my, so Bakemonogatari-like.
Cute. Love it. Watch it.

07-06-11, 1:56 PM

Better than Vampire Knight already.

07-06-11, 2:01 PM

It's nothing amazing, but then again it is aimed at little kids.. so it's cute, which is what it's supposed to be. I liked it :)

If you don't remember something, it never happened. If you aren't remembered, you never existed. <3

07-06-11, 3:06 PM

LOVED IT.

Here's hoping for glorious GONZO rebirth now.

07-06-11, 3:06 PM

This was cute, but...

GOD

I'M SO SCARED WITH THE ED!!!!D: (though I want those cat plushies... ;w;)

07-06-11, 3:21 PM

That was nice.
People who take this seriously are LOL.
At first I was like, (╬ ಠ益ಠ)
Σ(゚∀´(┗┐ヽ(・∀・ )ノ <--- Then I was like
In the end, I was \(▽ ̄\( ̄▽ ̄)/ ̄▽)/ヤッタァー!!

07-06-11, 3:22 PM

This is one of the cutest anime I've ever watched. I can't help being a cat lover.

07-06-11, 3:28 PM

5/5

Whoever expected something else is an idiot. Also, anime of the year.

KeiranShikari said:
Better than Vampire Knight already.

Unko-san is better than Vampire Knight.
Modified by Nidhoeggr, 07-06-11, 3:44 PM

07-06-11, 3:36 PM

Nyanpire is a brilliant satire on the current state of the anime industry. Every single second is filled with absolutely ingenious takes on how far this great medium has fallen. I wouldn't expect anything less from GONZO (creators of such masterpieces as Strike Witches and Rosario + Vampire). The symbolism and writing in this show is top-tier as one can evidence from watching the first episode alone:

The homeless, dying cat represents various studios and creators being unable to keep up with the industry, only the be revived but now needing blood (otaku money) to survive. This is a self-reference to GONZO and their return after shutting their doors 2 years ago, coming back with something incredible. We next see Nyanpire begging a young girl for blood, which she refuses to give him. Nyanpire then goes into the fridge to find something to drink. He reaches for the Tabasco sauce at first but at the last minute grabs and drinks the ketchup, this represents creators being hesitant to try anything original because it may backfire and burn their mouths, so to speak. The ketchup represents half-assed philosophical anime such as Elfen Lied, made only to appeal to viewers with a false sense of entitlement and overestimate of their own intellect. Nyanpire begins to reach toward the Tabasco again, but this time he grabs the blood orange juice. This is fanservice and moe-anime such as K-on! made to appeal to the otaku for a quick buck. The girl (fans) is obviously not pleased with Nyanpire's behavior so she gives him a dead fish to eat (poor reception of series).

Nyanpire manages to be hilarious yet spot-on in its critique of the state of anime, and I further await future installments to see what other genius GONZO will pump out.

07-06-11, 3:41 PM

Thelostcup said:
Nyanpire is a brilliant satire on the current state of the anime industry. Every single second is filled with absolutely ingenious takes on how far this great medium has fallen. I wouldn't expect anything less from GONZO (creators of such masterpieces as Strike Witches and Rosario + Vampire). The symbolism and writing in this show is top-tier as one can evidence from watching the first episode alone:

The homeless, dying cat represents various studios and creators being unable to keep up with the industry, only the be revived but now needing blood (otaku money) to survive. This is a self-reference to GONZO and their return after shutting their doors 2 years ago, coming back with something incredible. We next see Nyanpire begging a young girl for blood, which she refuses to give him. Nyanpire then goes into the fridge to find something to drink. He reaches for the Tabasco sauce at first but at the last minute grabs and drinks the ketchup, this represents creators being hesitant to try anything original because it may backfire and burn their mouths, so to speak. The ketchup represents half-assed philosophical anime such as Elfen Lied, made only to appeal to viewers with a false sense of entitlement and overestimate of their own intellect. Nyanpire begins to reach toward the Tabasco again, but this time he grabs the blood orange juice. This is fanservice and moe-anime such as K-on! made to appeal to the otaku for a quick buck. The girl (fans) is obviously not pleased with Nyanpire's behavior so she gives him a dead fish to eat (poor reception of series).

Nyanpire manages to be hilarious yet spot-on in its critique of the state of anime, and I further await future installments to see what other genius GONZO will pump out.

Finally someone who understand the deep implications of this masterpiece. I am moved.
Modified by Nidhoeggr, 07-06-11, 3:44 PM

07-06-11, 3:43 PM

Thelostcup said:

Enlightenment attained. Thank you, sir.

07-06-11, 3:58 PM

I am in with the group that likes this one. I enjoyed it too. Campy fun and amusing witto Neko...a crybaby when it comes to craving blood but perhaps that will be part of his/her charm? I will have fun watching and care not to over-analyse what is just a 5-minute spoof/parody on the whole genre of what it is to be a Vampire...Neko style, of course.

07-06-11, 4:14 PM

Who voiced the girl? Was it Aya Hirano? Ayana Taketatsu? It kind of sounded like either of them.

Also fuck yeah Hyadain.

07-06-11, 4:21 PM

FlashFumo said:
Who voiced the girl? Was it Aya Hirano? Ayana Taketatsu? It kind of sounded like either of them.

Also fuck yeah Hyadain.

I think it was her
Modified by madburglar, 07-06-11, 4:59 PM

07-06-11, 4:24 PM

TROLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL
NYAN~
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.

07-06-11, 4:36 PM

wow, I never expected this Anime's topic to reach 2 page.I guess people are aiming for moe here or maybe the ending is just too awesome.
I remember the last topic I made for those 5minute Anime(which I really like ) ended up like.. zZZZZ .
Modified by MorningGlory, 07-06-11, 4:41 PM

07-06-11, 4:43 PM

And I thought Shiki was scary! Holy crap.

And finally, it's nice to get some REAL vampires for a change. Glad the Nyanpire staff knows what they're doing.

Fool scoop for randumb fun on my blahg.
Modified by Cho_Desu, 07-06-11, 5:19 PM

07-06-11, 4:55 PM

The episode it self it's ok...

Not really fun and poorly animated, but cute...

The ending is orrible!!!!

3/5

07-06-11, 5:02 PM

I have a feeling this show will surprise many including me by the time it ends...

07-06-11, 5:04 PM

Thelostcup said:

Brilliant review for a brilliant anime. I've only seen one episode but this is definitely taking Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann's #5 spot on my list of greatest anime of all time.

07-06-11, 5:16 PM

HNNNNNNNNNGH

This will be my favorite of the season (aside from idolm@ster) too bad it's so short.

ED is awesome. Hyadain and Asou Natsuko working together is always great. Hyadain is hilarious in it.

07-06-11, 5:54 PM

The ending is badass. Anyone who says otherwise is obviously just joking.

07-06-11, 5:58 PM

FlashFumo said:
The ending is badass. Anyone who says otherwise is obviously just joking.

Or have a really bad taste in music.

07-06-11, 6:10 PM

Koshimizu Ami doing a cute cat voice? That alone makes it worth the watch. The ending (or is it going to be the opening?) was fun.

07-06-11, 6:14 PM

10/10
this anime raises some philosophical questions, which I can't explain without spoiling it!

07-06-11, 6:25 PM

Psh. I loved it. It's obviously not meant to be taken seriously (as others have said already, it's a children's show). It's fun, light-hearted and cute. It will definitely make for tons of marketing ideas with a simple character with simple design. Unashamedly I would buy it all. :P

07-06-11, 6:36 PM

Why the fuck the Rec system its full with this crappy show...

1/5

07-06-11, 6:49 PM

Sattyricon said:

1/5

They're just trolling MAL. And its not THAT bad, its cute in its own right.

07-06-11, 6:56 PM

I really wish he drank that Tabasco sauce.

Also, I hope next week, Nyanpire tackles the socioeconomic repercussions of poverty on today's social ladders.

07-06-11, 7:02 PM

Sattyricon said:

1/5

Why the fuck can't you appreciate a beautiful show for what it is? Did you even read the below post?

Thelostcup said:

07-06-11, 7:39 PM

I watch this for the "satirical" implication they're saying.

To be honest, I still don't get how did they arrive at such idea. O_o

Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »