Forum Settings
Forums

Insufficient Blu-ray Sales of Hidan no Aria To Produce Second Season

New
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (5) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 »
Jul 11, 2011 1:42 PM
Dec 2007
jmal said:
Leon-Gun said:
It's horryfyingly addictive after you hear it several times.

I love it. Totally my favorite song of its season, after the AnoHana ED.
AnoHana's OP and ED were both great.

Jul 11, 2011 1:46 PM
May 2011
both hidan and denpa are terrible animes in very right but denpa was less shit than aria, but aria wa sso bad it was entertaining while denpa was just painful so im kinda at a crossroad with this
Jul 11, 2011 1:59 PM

Dec 2010
Denpa? Terrible?

That's like, your opinion, man.
Jul 11, 2011 2:09 PM
Dec 2007
notsureifsrs said:
Denpa? Terrible?

That's like, your opinion, man.
That's how it is. I'm extremely bias in favor of cute characters though so Erio was all I needed to like Denpa.

Jul 12, 2011 12:21 AM

Jul 2011
Chiibi said:
This is a shame but at least we have the light novels and manga.

As for Denpa Onna, I can't even get past the opening song. I've never heard anything so goddamn awful in my life!

.......as theme songs go, anyway.

Speaking of the light novels, are the translations any good?
Jul 12, 2011 12:42 AM

Dec 2010
Yeah, it's at bakat is you want to check em
Jul 17, 2011 3:30 PM

Apr 2011
I'd rather see Hidan no Aria to be honest... :(
Jul 18, 2011 11:55 AM

Nov 2008
Hawkeye_117 said:

Speaking of the light novels, are the translations any good?

I read an excerpt and yes, the translation's extremely well-worded. :)

Jul 18, 2011 1:23 PM

Jul 2010
lol doesnt surprise me in the slightest...hidan no aria was just horrible oO its probably good that sales werent too good so theyll do a better job next time *hope*
Jul 18, 2011 2:14 PM

Feb 2011
shiroto said:
lol doesnt surprise me in the slightest...hidan no aria was just horrible oO its probably good that sales werent too good so theyll do a better job next time *hope*

Agreed... what a horrible show dude.
Jul 18, 2011 5:43 PM

Apr 2011
I would support the blu-ray and DVD if only it was available in my region in stores....
Jul 23, 2011 6:54 PM
Jul 2011
I enjoyed watching HnA, even though the plot was a load of stupid.

And here, I wonder what J.C is doing about my Toradora Bluray and OVA...
Jul 28, 2011 2:33 PM

Nov 2009
I had a lot of faith and J.C. is one of the most recognizable animators to me, but now i feel as if they just create run of the mill eye-candy shows.

As far as twin angels i have already dropped it. It is very blatantly a kid's show, although there was a few times i thought otherwise. Nothing wrong with making that, but it is going to be average because it sort of has to be.

The pacing in Kami memo feels a little weird to me - when did he become a worker? Did i miss something? I usually don't mind that so it will depend on the next arc. I seriously felt like i missed an episode.
Jul 29, 2011 11:26 AM

Mar 2010
I wouldn't mind a second season if it was more faithful to the manga/light novels. Aria isn't as bad as the first season made it out to be
Jul 30, 2011 3:13 AM

Dec 2010
It's not really surprising, in all honesty. Hidan no Aria was generic and played up to the tropes that were long dead.
Aug 8, 2011 3:11 PM

Nov 2010
Nachotee said:
Look at me I don't like aria lolol I'm an attention whore, I have to rant about how I dislike it.

Thank you. Ever since the internet started, people stopped saying nice things to each other. It's become so much easier to garner attention by being mean to things. *sigh*
Sep 28, 2011 7:29 PM
Sep 2010
kaminakun said:
Both shows are crap. Dropped them both after midway point.

I don't know what you're talking about because I love both of these shows and I was really hoping for another season from both.
Oct 16, 2011 8:36 PM
Dec 2008
not surprised by this cuz this show sucks dick
Oct 16, 2011 8:40 PM

Sep 2011
Er... I know Hidan no Aria wasn't that great but I still enjoyed it and would have loved to see a 2nd season.
Oct 16, 2011 9:29 PM
Jun 2011
So everyone is complaining on how the boths shows are crap or than aria was better then denpa or vice versa... People they both were average shows and atleast 1 of them is getting a second season so enjoy that and stop your whining OK?

Anyways both the shows were good (averagely good) and i liked denpa since they added more of a real touch in it and Hidan No Aria well its more like fiction and i am not surprised that it dropped sales cause till the last ep the series still went wtf wtf wtf why is this happening so...
Oct 16, 2011 10:44 PM
Jan 2010
The sales from these two shows could have been better used for more promising projects.
Oct 16, 2011 11:01 PM

Sep 2011
I can't really imagine a 2nd season for Denpa... In my opinion it would sort of be like the 1st season if they did. As for Hidan no Aria, there is so much more they can do. Overall both Animes were average to me so it doesn't really matter which series gets a 2nd season because I am sure I will enjoy it either way.
Oct 17, 2011 8:34 AM
Jul 2018
Ahh, Hidan no Aria was pretty good for the first half and then second half I started disliking it.

I would much love a second season of Denpa. I really loved that series. :)
Oct 17, 2011 11:44 AM

Sep 2010
to whoever bumped this thread thanks for reminding me that this abomination is not getting a sequel

thank god
Oct 17, 2011 12:13 PM

Oct 2009
Am I the only one who thought that it was good...?
Oct 17, 2011 12:51 PM
Mar 2008
Gogetters said:

Yes.
Oct 17, 2011 2:49 PM

Sep 2011
Guess I was in the minority that liked Hidan no Aria. I didn't watch Denpa so I don't know about that. Sure Hidan no Aria was nothing special but I would've liked to see it get a second season. There is an OVA for it coming in December but judging from the tralier, it's just your usual fanserivice OVA.
Oct 17, 2011 5:35 PM
Jan 2010
How does that even... it doesn't work like that. You can't just pick up "sales" and plop them down in some other show of your choice. Consumers buy a show because they want that show, not some other show someone else subjectively thinks is "better".

I'm just angry at shows that get 6k copies in sales when more deserving anime series like Ikoku Meiro no Croisee get only 1k. Way to show your taste for anime, Japan.
Oct 18, 2011 7:23 PM

Jul 2010
I'm not really getting all this hate on Hidan no Aria. Sure, it wasn't great or ground-breaking but it was still at least somewhat entertaining. I had a good laugh here and there, had a favorite character or two and thought the opening and ending songs were good. Just a normal romance/action anime to me. Anime doesn't always have to be extraordinary or absolutely wonderful, it's always good to have an anime that's just average every now and then, right?

Aria receives so much hate from anime fans and I don't enjoy it. If you don't like it, that's fine but please don't continuously flame the series because you dislike it. If the show ever gets a second season (which I hope it does) don't complain or whine about it and say things like "This show should have never seen the light of day!", just ignore it and go back to your own anime shows that you like. Some people actually like this show and it's not polite to say things like "This show sucks!" to them directly or indirectly. Please show some respect to other anime fans and the creators who worked on this series in the first place. Thank you.
Oct 18, 2011 7:42 PM
Sep 2009
Gogetters said:

...yes.
Oct 18, 2011 8:32 PM

Jul 2010
i just finished watching hidan a few days ago.
probably for the best they focus on somthing else. havent watched denpa yet so can't say anything.

Nov 13, 2011 6:59 AM

Sep 2011
Gogetters said:

No you arent. I had expectations that it will turn out to be like ZnT, and I wasnt disapointed. Just some censoring which wasnt needed (not the Fanservice, i really wanted to see the planewreck szene which JC Staff cut t_t), and Vlad ... meh...
The only real bad thing for me is that it was too short and just needs a second Season to clear more things up.
SlundrmunNov 14, 2011 2:34 AM
Nov 17, 2011 8:12 PM

Aug 2009
Cucumbers said:
to whoever bumped this thread thanks for reminding me that this abomination is not getting a sequel
thank god

QFT
Nov 21, 2011 3:23 PM

Oct 2011
Wegenbarth said:
Gogetters said:

No you arent. I had expectations that it will turn out to be like ZnT, and I wasnt disapointed. Just some censoring which wasnt needed (not the Fanservice, i really wanted to see the planewreck szene which JC Staff cut t_t), and Vlad ... meh...
The only real bad thing for me is that it was too short and just needs a second Season to clear more things up.

i really have to agree, the show wasn't all that bad, otherwise i wouldn't be rated 7.07, i guess it could have been adapted better though, sa to why i like it, just like the genre adn some of the characters, end of story but no kinji or aria , screw them
wakka9ca said:"The endless debate between fans and haters... is totaly pointless"

Dec 21, 2011 8:05 AM
Dec 2011
Honestly, I'd rather watch Aria. The light novel was pretty interesting and I want to see the anime too.
Jan 12, 2012 9:06 PM

Apr 2010
Where did you find that out? I liked the first season so I would really be excited if that were true.
MysteryFan89Jan 12, 2012 9:16 PM
Jan 19, 2012 1:23 AM

Nov 2011
Maybe the anime can be improved. But the light novel is SUPER GOOD. I have re-read it many times and it's still good. But the translations is super slow though
Mar 5, 2012 9:21 AM

Oct 2009
It's really a shame. The story was intriguing (mother being framed for nearly a 1000 years), action was sub-par, romance element was medium (good material for character interaction and development - the real reason for the show), and the ecchi focus was light, but overall there is something worth pursuing here.
Regardless of the negative comments here, Hidan no Aria was a good show (7/10). There have been a handful of shows that got sequels that were undeserving. For those who liked this show, their only option is to read the novel/manga as the anime will not continue. If they didn't plan on finishing what they started, they shouldn't of made the anime in the first place. I believe in finishing what you start and realistically, the idea of "not making enough money" is BS as well. They could have made it all up with a better second season (like many other shows have done). To think that the story merely ends there is quite revolting really. There is so much more to explore in this universe and it all comes to an end on the count of a few unhappy fans/sub-par sales figures? What a waste of a perfectly good show......
Peoplestring - where you get paid to use the web as you please - http://www.peoplestring.com/?f=xenoknight.

Project Xeno Origin - my organization for RPG lovers and localization efforts - https://www.facebook.com/PXOrigin

http://nekoo.hostzi.com/C.S.E.A.G/1000+%20LE/Public/page8/Xenoknight.png
Apr 7, 2012 10:54 PM

Feb 2012
ares5566 said:
They've announced a second season for aria this post is no longer true

Can we have any proof? Oo
Apr 8, 2012 3:21 AM

Apr 2012
iMifs said:
ares5566 said:
They've announced a second season for aria this post is no longer true

Can we have any proof? Oo

Damn, I hate those type of people that give false information. Wannabe trolls.

Autocrat said:
Hitler was good, objectively.
Jul 16, 2012 1:39 PM

Feb 2008
Any new updates from the author? The last news I read was "Discussion was ongoing". That was a few months ago so there might be new updates on the situation.

Jul 16, 2012 10:48 PM

Apr 2012
DestinyFate said:
Any new updates from the author? The last news I read was "Discussion was ongoing". That was a few months ago so there might be new updates on the situation.

They died while discussing, they're rotting in the discussion room at the moment.

Autocrat said:
Hitler was good, objectively.
Jul 16, 2012 11:08 PM

Jan 2012
it was so painful to watch.
My Guitar Covers:
Playlist

I CAN ALWAYS SHOW MY EVERYTHING TO YOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOUUUU
Jul 17, 2012 2:19 AM

Jul 2012
Well somehow this thread has convinced me to watch Hidan no Aria. I don't even know how.
Jul 17, 2012 4:57 AM

Oct 2007
I think we should apologize then.
Jul 17, 2012 6:06 AM
Dec 2011
The last thing I heard about this from few months ago was that "it is still a secret".

Why don't they announce a second season already? They sold enough DVD/BD to make another season and the light novels had proven to be popular based on the number of copies each volume sold.
Jul 17, 2012 5:59 PM

Apr 2010
Sometimes I think low sales may only slow down the production of an additional season but not competently halt it. One example is Zero no Tsukaima I had heard that sales were bad for the third season but the anime eventually got its forth season after four years.
Jul 17, 2012 6:36 PM

Sep 2011
noyoureinsane said:
Well somehow this thread has convinced me to watch Hidan no Aria. I don't even know how.
I humbly apologize on everyone here's behalf for the horrors we convinced you to watch.

Immahnoob said:
Jizzy, I know you have no idea how to argue for shit,

tokiyashiro said:

Jizzy as you would call yourself because youre a dick The most butthurt award goes to you And clearly you havent watched that many shows thats why you cant determine if a show is unique or not Or maybe you're just a child who likes common stuffs where hero saves the day and guys gets all the girls. Sad taste you have there kid you came up to me in the first place making you look more like a kid who got slapped without me even knowing it and start crying about it to me

Jul 17, 2012 7:47 PM
Dec 2011
I prefer Denpa over Hidan no aria anyday.
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (5) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 »

More topics from this board

» Manga 'Oniichan wa Oshimai!' Gets TV Anime

Vindstot - Apr 21, 2022

44 by Lenoksu »»
41 minutes ago

» '2.5-jigen no Ririsa' Reveals Additional Pair of Cast, Two Consecutive Cours

DatRandomDude - 6 hours ago

4 by yamiyugi101 »»
1 hour ago

» 'Arifureta Shokugyou de Sekai Saikyou' Season 3 Unveils Additional Cast, First Promo

Hyperion_PS - Apr 21

3 by ToyaMochizuki »»
4 hours ago

» GoHands Produces Original TV Anime 'Momentary Lily' for Winter 2025

DatRandomDude - Yesterday

16 by Jonas-K »»
5 hours ago

» Spring 2024 Simulcast List [Update 4/18]

Snow - Apr 5

28 by infanf »»
5 hours ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.