Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »
Jun 29, 2011 10:29 PM

May 2009
Asuka's a nice girl and Haruto really botched the breakup, but who's he really helping by sticking with a girl that he doesn't love? The mistake was getting together in the first place. He did the right thing by breaking it off. His older friends should know him better and really should've saw thing coming. Aside from Rin, the whole lot of them are idiots.
Jun 29, 2011 11:04 PM

Oct 2010
i cant see it staying like this. I really want him to go back to askuka :(
Jun 29, 2011 11:06 PM

Jan 2010
FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Jun 30, 2011 12:04 AM

Jul 2009
Fucking Haruto better patch things up with his friends. Poor Asuka.

The reaction from his friends was predictable but i accept it because I feel the same and would say the similar things. Eba needs her head checked. *sigh*
Jun 30, 2011 12:17 AM

Jul 2008
Obviously every character in this manga doesn't agree, but I don't see how Haruto staying with Asuka while he's wishing for another girl would be something to applaud. I'm glad he broke it off with her, shit, even if he and Eba ultimately don't work out it was still the right decision. Asuka deserves someone with backbone that makes her feel secure in their relationship. Haruto wasn't that guy for her but he is shaping up to be that guy for Eba.

BEGINNER
Jun 30, 2011 12:51 AM

Jan 2009
^I didn't see your post before I wrote this, but I agree with you too.

Code13_Fate said:
what a bunch of shitty friends he has.

Haruto and Asuka were a couple in name only. they were more like friends with benefits...or rather friends with kissing.

I couldn't agree with you more. Friends are suppose to be there to support you in the decisions you make. They should want him to be happy, not stay in a relationship with Asuka if he loves someone else just so she wont be hurt. Personally I think they have no business sticking their noses in it like they are. And they're acting more like they are Asuka's friends than his or both of theirs. I swear, everybody acts like they don't know the reason Haruto came to Tokyo in the first place was to chase after Eba since he was in love with her. The patch things up with the girl you're not in love with so she doesn't get hurt, or we wont be your friends anymore was really too much.
JadedLoverJun 30, 2011 12:56 AM

Jun 30, 2011 1:08 AM

Jun 2009
I just hate how they called it garbage
Omg! why the (hole) did you date Asuka in the 1st place, it only means that you are really an Ashit!

Bring back the ending of School days in this hehe

from 9.. then 8... hmm 6/10
Live well - Laugh often - and Love much

Jun 30, 2011 1:28 AM

Nov 2010
Can we stop with the School Days posts on here?
Jun 30, 2011 2:14 AM

Mar 2011
goku08 said:
the best chap ever
fuck them all if they don't wanna them 2 be 2gather
gooooo eba
Jun 30, 2011 2:52 AM

Jun 2009
JadedLover said:
I couldn't agree with you more. Friends are suppose to be there to support you in the decisions you make. They should want him to be happy, not stay in a relationship with Asuka if he loves someone else just so she wont be hurt. Personally I think they have no business sticking their noses in it like they are. And they're acting more like they are Asuka's friends than his or both of theirs. I swear, everybody acts like they don't know the reason Haruto came to Tokyo in the first place was to chase after Eba since he was in love with her. The patch things up with the girl you're not in love with so she doesn't get hurt, or we wont be your friends anymore was really too much.

lol I hope you're not serious. Real friends will call you out if you do something stupid or retarded. Not support it. The thing is, Haruto is okay with everything as long as he can be with Eba.

His friends might be overstepping and over reacting by leaving him but he deserved everything he's getting. I don't know why people are even okay with this, unless you're an Eba shipper and I'm not even an Asuka shipper myself. It felt like she used Asuka as a replacement for Eba and throw her away after Eba going all emotional on him.

Also, you cannot blame his friends because they are close to Asuka themselves and they know her well enough that she is an honest and sincere to Haruto all the time. They also know what Eba did to Haruto so they are furious how he betrayed his loyal girlfriend to get back to that same Eba who made him look like a fool and a tool in the entire Tokyo arc.
Jun 30, 2011 2:58 AM
Jan 2010
Haruto's friends are all assholes... If you dont love Asuka, why would you stay with her. FUCK ALL THEIR FRIENDS EBA/HARUTO FTW!!!
Jun 30, 2011 4:23 AM

Oct 2008
I really liked Asuka and I do think that he ended things in a bad way with her but I just can't see how staying with someone you don't love in order not to hurt their feeling would be the right thing to do... in the end the both of them would have been hurt by this relationship if it kept on going
Jun 30, 2011 4:23 AM
Jan 2008
Yeah, everyone of Haruto's friends are stupid, they are all blind, none can see the REAL love between Eba and Haruto. Asuka deserve all those shitty thing because she stands between the real love. I wish if Eba and Haruto can't be together because of those stupid people, Eba and Haruto can die together (but slow and painful plz)
Jun 30, 2011 4:55 AM

Jul 2008
Okay, this is sort of in response to the last few posts and an elaboration on what I already said.

Hands down, Asuka is the better, more logical choice. She's a wonderful girl in general and is a great girlfriend to Haruto specifically. She's accepts his more passive personality, is willing to forgive his mistakes, and gives him the benefit of the doubt. The problem is that she's the one always compromising herself to keep their relationship going.

Her willingness to forgive is because of how unequal their feelings are for each other. She knows that if she doesn't that would be the end of their relationship. Asuka doesn't trust Haruto but she pretends she does. Even when proof of his lying is right in front of her face she still wants to forgive him. That's just not healthy for either of them. Haruto is not the best option for Asuka even if she's the best one for him. Asuka deserves to have some casual relationships that don't have so much baggage and eventually finding a guy that loves her as much as she loves him.

While I think Asuka is the "best" choice I believe Eba is the right choice. Haruto and Eba have spent time away from each other and yet they still feel drawn to each other. Tellingly, when it comes to Eba Haruto isn't as spineless and indecisive as his normal self. He goes after her and tells her how he feels. He jumped into that stream after her necklace. As for Eba, she has the potential to be as unwaveringly loyal as Asuka was. You just have to look at her relationship with Kazama to see that.

More importantly, at this point in time, their feelings for each other seem to be equal. Eba was the one to pursue Haruto this time around. Obviously that sucks for Asuka (and definitely paints Eba in a bad light) but Haruto didn't have to respond to Eba's advances. But he did and I think that's enough of a reason for me to not want him to stay with Asuka.

Haruto's friends have a right to call him an asshole but they should not be trying to force him to choose Asuka over Eba. They have seen firsthand the difference in how Haruto acts around both girls. Besides, Haruto and Asuka were never that physically involved and are both fairly young. Asuka is best off moving on. Of course, maybe I'm just the shitty kind of friend that would tell someone to stop taking advantage of other's feelings instead of letting it slide.

tl;dr version: Eba and Haruto deserve each other and Asuka deserves a guy that truly likes her.

BEGINNER
Jun 30, 2011 5:16 AM
Jan 2008
adamantine said:
Okay, this is sort of in response to the last few posts and an elaboration on what I already said.

Hands down, Asuka is the better, more logical choice. She's a wonderful girl in general and is a great girlfriend to Haruto specifically. She's accepts his more passive personality, is willing to forgive his mistakes, and gives him the benefit of the doubt. The problem is that she's the one always compromising herself to keep their relationship going.

Her willingness to forgive is because of how unequal their feelings are for each other. She knows that if she doesn't that would be the end of their relationship. Asuka doesn't trust Haruto but she pretends she does. Even when proof of his lying is right in front of her face she still wants to forgive him. That's just not healthy for either of them. Haruto is not the best option for Asuka even if she's the best one for him. Asuka deserves to have some casual relationships that don't have so much baggage and eventually finding a guy that loves her as much as she loves him.

While I think Asuka is the "best" choice I believe Eba is the right choice. Haruto and Eba have spent time away from each other and yet they still feel drawn to each other. Tellingly, when it comes to Eba Haruto isn't as spineless and indecisive as his normal self. He goes after her and tells her how he feels. He jumped into that stream after her necklace. As for Eba, she has the potential to be as unwaveringly loyal as Asuka was. You just have to look at her relationship with Kazama to see that.

More importantly, at this point in time, their feelings for each other seem to be equal. Eba was the one to pursue Haruto this time around. Obviously that sucks for Asuka (and definitely paints Eba in a bad light) but Haruto didn't have to respond to Eba's advances. But he did and I think that's enough of a reason for me to not want him to stay with Asuka.

Haruto's friends have a right to call him an asshole but they should not be trying to force him to choose Asuka over Eba. They have seen firsthand the difference in how Haruto acts around both girls. Besides, Haruto and Asuka were never that physically involved and are both fairly young. Asuka is best off moving on. Of course, maybe I'm just the shitty kind of friend that would tell someone to stop taking advantage of other's feelings instead of letting it slide.

tl;dr version: Eba and Haruto deserve each other and Asuka deserves a guy that truly likes her.

You are totally right about Asuka deserves better and Eba and Haruto together is a more healthy relationship. But in my eyes, it still doesn't make all those cheatings right. If Haruto doesn't love Asuka, why start dating her and dump her when Eba is back? As a man there are things you do and there are things you absolutely can not do. Haruto should takes his responsibility as a real man!
Jun 30, 2011 5:43 AM

May 2010
Is kinda sad they just abandon their friend like that, well I'll just see how is this will end
Jun 30, 2011 7:53 AM
May 2011
ahhaha i think this manga is a real romance
such as betrayal,come back to your ex
but i think that if in chapter before haruto already done it with asuka i think it would be better --"
Jun 30, 2011 8:59 AM
Mar 2008
All this hate towards Haruto, but his friends aren't fair either. They want him to patch up with Asuka, but that's just a selfish desire. What'd be the point of doing that if he doesn't love her? He NEVER did; she was just "something" to fill the void left by Eba.
Yes, that makes him an asshole, but at least he's coherent. He's acting like a man.
I was expecting Eba to say something this "No Haruto we can't go out together, it's not right" but THANK GOD she didn't, for once. She's finally changed.
I'm finally starting to enjoy this manga again, like breathing fresh air.
Jun 30, 2011 9:52 AM

Apr 2011
ckberserker said:

You are totally right about Asuka deserves better and Eba and Haruto together is a more healthy relationship. But in my eyes, it still doesn't make all those cheatings right. If Haruto doesn't love Asuka, why start dating her and dump her when Eba is back? As a man there are things you do and there are things you absolutely can not do. Haruto should takes his responsibility as a real man!
Not sure why everyone keeps on saying he doesn't love Asuka, he does, but not to same extend he does for Eba.

I believe his friends reaction is justified, Haruto told them before, he's moving on and forgetting Eba. After 2 years staying in stable relationship with Asuka, he dumps her in harsh way w/o explaining things correctly to her and his friends. Haruto never tell his friends about his problems from Tokyo arc and up and always treated them like shit. Of course they are gonna be piss at him, this is all to sudden. Friends can only take so much from a douche. I say Haruto friends deserve a better friend than him. The reason why they told Haruto to rekindle with Asuka again, is because he's making a grave mistake (in their point of view).
Jun 30, 2011 11:49 AM
May 2011
adamantine said:

Hit the nail on the head with that one.
Jun 30, 2011 12:20 PM

Jan 2009
-Quasar said:
JadedLover said:

lol I hope you're not serious. Real friends will call you out if you do something stupid or retarded. Not support it. The thing is, Haruto is okay with everything as long as he can be with Eba.

His friends might be overstepping and over reacting by leaving him but he deserved everything he's getting. I don't know why people are even okay with this, unless you're an Eba shipper and I'm not even an Asuka shipper myself. It felt like she used Asuka as a replacement for Eba and throw her away after Eba going all emotional on him.

Also, you cannot blame his friends because they are close to Asuka themselves and they know her well enough that she is an honest and sincere to Haruto all the time. They also know what Eba did to Haruto so they are furious how he betrayed his loyal girlfriend to get back to that same Eba who made him look like a fool and a tool in the entire Tokyo arc.

That's if you find what he did to be "stupid and retarded." I don't. Staying with someone you don't love just so you don't hurt them, I feel, is more stupid and more retarded. The way he broke up with Asuka wasn't right, so sure, call him an ass, but get over it, and support him in the path he has chosen. And his friends "might" be over-reacting? Please, to end childhood friendships over this is more than over-reacting. It's childish to the extreme. As for it feeling like he used Asuka, your feelings, or anyone else's, are irrelevant. It's Haruto's feelings that matter (and Asuka's), and at the time he started dating Asuka he felt like he was over Eba and was ready to move on. (At least that's what it said he was feeling.) So he was obviously wrong. (And actually, I don't so much think that he was wrong. I think he really has feelings for Asuka, but the ones he has for Eba are just stronger.) Does that mean he should stay in a relationship with Asuka? No. Granted, like I said, the way he dumped her wasn't right, but to stay with her wouldn't be right either. If his friends are furious with him for going back to Eba after what she did to him, (which it did say they understood and weren't mad at her for) than how is guilting Haruto into staying with Asuka any different? It's not. Eba dated Kazuma out of quilt, and they're trying to get Haruto to date Asuka out of guilt. And no I don't blame them for being close to Asuka. I don't have any problems with her as a character. I do think though that Akari and what's his face should at least stick up for Haruto more since those 2 have been his best friends since childhood. Like I have already said, be pissed over the way he dumped her, but support his decision to be with the one he loves, not bag their lifetime friendships over it. He doesn't deserve that.
JadedLoverJun 30, 2011 12:44 PM

Jun 30, 2011 2:36 PM

May 2009
should i say something? lol end it!
Jun 30, 2011 7:31 PM

Jun 2009
JadedLover said:
That's if you find what he did to be "stupid and retarded." I don't. Staying with someone you don't love just so you don't hurt them, I feel, is more stupid and more retarded.

Yes, I do. He lied, he got caught red-handed then the day after that. He just called it quits. Is that a proper way to broke up with Asuka or any kind of relationship? Definitely no. That's why his friends thinks he is rushing over his decision. And it's not like he said he doesn't love Asuka anymore. He just feels he loves Eba more and that's different from "Staying with someone you don't love".

JadedLover said:
And his friends "might" be over-reacting? Please, to end childhood friendships over this is more than over-reacting. It's childish to the extreme.

They are also close friends to Asuka. They think of Asuka as a sincere and honest girl while Haruto dumped her abruptly for a girl they know who shitted and made a fool of him. What do you expect? Also, they are just also caught up in the moment. They will accept it in due time much to my chagrin.

JadedLover said:
I think he really has feelings for Asuka, but the ones he has for Eba are just stronger.) Does that mean he should stay in a relationship with Asuka? No. Granted, like I said, the way he dumped her wasn't right, but to stay with her wouldn't be right either.

Yes, because if you find someone you love more than your current girlfriend. You just cut them off no matter what you have gone through. That's stupid, he didn't even bother to explain or talk it through with Asuka. He just said "I'm sorry. Please break up with me"

JadedLover said:
If his friends are furious with him for going back to Eba after what she did to him, (which it did say they understood and weren't mad at her for) than how is guilting Haruto into staying with Asuka any different? It's not. Eba dated Kazuma out of quilt, and they're trying to get Haruto to date Asuka out of guilt.

Different circumstances. It's not the same. Haruto dated Asuka because he loved her. Eba did it through guilt and pity, he never liked Kazama at all. Also, it's not like Haruto doesn't love Asuka anymore, he just thinks he loves Eba more.

JadedLover said:
I do think though that Akari and what's his face should at least stick up for Haruto more since those 2 have been his best friends since childhood. Like I have already said, be pissed over the way he dumped her, but support his decision to be with the one he loves, not bag their lifetime friendships over it.

They just don't support his decision. What they said about "their friendship being over" is just in the heat of the moment.

JadedLover said:
He doesn't deserve that.

Nah, he deserves it.
Jun 30, 2011 10:08 PM

Mar 2008
Oh I agree with those who say Eba and Haruto deserve each other. I just happen to think they also deserve to get run down by a truck....and then backed over.Perfect ending really. Eba and Haruto are together (in death) and they are dead. Everybody's happy :).

But really great job. Didn't expect it when things started, but now completely hate both the main character and the girl he ended up with. Hopefully this can be wrapped up quickly. Have them live in their love while everyone moves on having gotten sick of them both.
Jul 1, 2011 1:37 AM

Dec 2008
oh I know a few amusing scnerios just will be justified for idiot haruto.
Eba dating another guy again and haruto getting pwned :D
eba dying haruto left alone.
he is a real idiot how can someone still love who lefts them for someone else.I mean even if u love them so much it's very hurtful to just overlook it.

Jul 1, 2011 2:36 AM

Jan 2010
Agh, both of 'em trampling over everyone...kick 'em both out and let 'em f*ck the sh*t out of each other :\
Jul 1, 2011 3:17 AM
Jul 2009
hey harutos a fucker and ebas a bitch best and only words to describe them
Jul 1, 2011 6:21 AM
Jun 2009
-Quasar said:

JadedLover said:
If his friends are furious with him for going back to Eba after what she did to him, (which it did say they understood and weren't mad at her for) than how is guilting Haruto into staying with Asuka any different? It's not. Eba dated Kazuma out of quilt, and they're trying to get Haruto to date Asuka out of guilt.

Different circumstances. It's not the same. Haruto dated Asuka because he loved her. Eba did it through guilt and pity, he never liked Kazama at all. Also, it's not like Haruto doesn't love Asuka anymore, he just thinks he loves Eba more.

Haruto didn't Asuka because he loved, he dated her cause Asuka guilted him into dating her. If he didn't date her, he would've lost his friend in Tokyo.

It was also out of obligation. After Kazuma died, he had an obligation to take care of Kazuma's best female friend.
Jul 1, 2011 7:46 AM

Jun 2009
coolxal said:
Haruto didn't Asuka because he loved, he dated her cause Asuka guilted him into dating her. If he didn't date her, he would've lost his friend in Tokyo.

It was also out of obligation. After Kazuma died, he had an obligation to take care of Kazuma's best female friend.

Oh LOL

Sorry man, I won't even bother explaining stuff if you truly believe that.
Jul 1, 2011 9:50 AM

Jan 2009
-Quasar said:
Yes, I do. He lied, he got caught red-handed then the day after that. He just called it quits. Is that a proper way to broke up with Asuka or any kind of relationship? Definitely no. That's why his friends thinks he is rushing over his decision. And it's not like he said he doesn't love Asuka anymore. He just feels he loves Eba more and that's different from "Staying with someone you don't love".

If you refer to my above post, I stated three times that the way he ended the relationship wasn't right. I didn't know his friends thought he was rushing over his decision. Where did you read that? All I read was "make up with Asuka or we wont be your friends anymore." That's a far cry from, "Dude, you really need to think this through before you do anything hasty." "It's not like he said he doesn't love Asuka anymore." Where has it ever said he does? It doesn't. In fact, a few chapters back he says he thinks he loves her. That's quite a bit different from knowing you love someone (And as long as they've been dating you'd think he'd know by now. Since he doesn't, either he doesn't love her, or he's going to find out the hard way by the "you don't know what you've got till it's gone" scenario.). And he knows he loves Eba, so yes, that is the same as staying with someone you don't love.
-Quasar said:
They are also close friends to Asuka. They think of Asuka as a sincere and honest girl while Haruto dumped her abruptly for a girl they know who shitted and made a fool of him. What do you expect? Also, they are just also caught up in the moment. They will accept it in due time much to my chagrin.

If they are just caught up in the moment and will come around in time, that = over-reaction any way you look at it. I hope they do come around. If they meant it, and they don't come around, then they would be shitty friends, which was the start of all of this. They have no business jumping in the middle of this and issuing ultimatums. As for what Eba did, it sounds to me like you're way more butt hurt over it than their characters are. They understood why she did what she did and didn't hold it against her. Also, you keep leaving out the fact that they are Eba's friends as well.
-Quasar said:
Yes, because if you find someone you love more than your current girlfriend. You just cut them off no matter what you have gone through. That's stupid, he didn't even bother to explain or talk it through with Asuka. He just said "I'm sorry. Please break up with me"

He doesn't love her. /story I've now lost track of how many times I've said that was a shitty way to handle it. How many more times are you going to bring that up so I have to say the same thing?
-Quasar said:
He didn't date her because he loved her. He dated her because he thought she was cute and thought he might want to date her. (She rather forced the issue by saying she didn't want to be around him anymore.) Granted, I'm sure his feelings grew for her while they were dating, and he obviously cares a lot for her, but that doesn't mean he loves her. So if he keeps dating her because his friends want him to, while being in love with someone else (who he [knows he loves), it will be out of pity and guilt. Same thing.
-Quasar said:
They just don't support his decision. What they said about "their friendship being over" is just in the heat of the moment.
So like I said, call him an ass, jerk or whatever adjective you want, get over it, and support his being with the person he wants to be with. Otherwise, if they really mean to end a lifelong friendship over this, then they are shitty friends. Which, once again, was the start of all of this.
-Quasar said:
Nah, he deserves it.
You have your opinion, I have mine. We just don't agree.
JadedLoverJul 1, 2011 12:17 PM

Jul 1, 2011 12:15 PM

Mar 2011
parttea said:
...it also shows you how good this manga is by leaving the reader conflicting emotion base on your look of things. this only my opinion and everybody has the right to say what they want.

Yeah! Totally! If a book, film or whatever makes you angry because of what the characters have done, then it's a good story! It proves the author has made you care about characters, which is his job!

My take is Haruto could have been a bit tactful (but it's Haruto, so no chance of tact) but ultimately, you dont start (or continue) a relationship because it's what your peers think is the right thing to do. If you dont act on your own beliefs and stregth of will, you are not really a full human being, you're just a husk of a person.
Jul 1, 2011 2:00 PM

Feb 2011
Fuck you all, Go HarutoxEba!! :D

PD: srry for the bad words xD
Jul 1, 2011 2:28 PM
May 2011
Looking for the YamatoxEba and HarutoxSuzuka ending
Jul 1, 2011 2:47 PM

Jul 2008
In GE they're breaking up again and in Kimi no Iru machi they're hooking up again.
Jul 1, 2011 4:00 PM

Nov 2008
2-D said:
In GE they're breaking up again and in Kimi no Iru machi they're hooking up again.

It's a migraine-inducing double whammy.
Jul 1, 2011 9:40 PM

Jun 2009
JadedLover said:
If you refer to my above post, I stated three times that the way he ended the relationship wasn't right.

Yes, you stated it three times and you said you're okay with it and you said he wasn't stupid. Ooohkay.

JadedLover said:
I didn't know his friends thought he was rushing over his decision. Where did you read that? All I read was "make up with Asuka or we wont be your friends anymore." That's a far cry from, "Dude, you really need to think this through before you do anything hasty."

Interpretation. "Make up with Asuka or we won't be friends anymore" as I said was in the heat of the moment. Do you honestly believe they will not talk to him anymore?

JadedLover said:
"It's not like he said he doesn't love Asuka anymore." Where has it ever said he does? It doesn't. In fact, a few chapters back he says he thinks he loves her.That's quite a bit different from knowing you love someone (And as long as they've been dating you'd think he'd know by now. Since he doesn't, either he doesn't love her, or he's going to find out the hard way by the "you don't know what you've got till it's gone" scenario.). And he knows he loves Eba, so yes, that is the same as staying with someone you don't love.

Haruto loves Asuka. He begins to think about this because of Rin's constant teasing and Eba coming back. They were even supposed to go to a trip and probably settle on if not for Eba.

Long story short: He loves Asuka but he likes Eba more.

JadedLover said:
If they are just caught up in the moment and will come around in time, that = over-reaction any way you look at it. I hope they do come around. If they meant it, and they don't come around, then they would be shitty friends, which was the start of all of this.

I did say they overreacted right? Plus, they will accept it. It's not hoping it's the clicheness and predictability of this manga. Do you want to bet on it?

JadedLover said:
As for what Eba did, it sounds to me like you're way more butt hurt over it than their characters are. They understood why she did what she did and didn't hold it against her. Also, you keep leaving out the fact that they are Eba's friends as well.

lol butthurt? I ain't even mad, I actually stopped caring but I like arguing. They are also Eba's friends alright but they spent more time with Asuka than Eba ever did and they know what Eba did to Haruto.

JadedLover said:
He doesn't love her. /story I've now lost track of how many times I've said that was a shitty way to handle it. How many more times are you going to bring that up so I have to say the same thing?

Haha you've got to be kidding me. Do I have to really spell it out for you?

> No one dates a girl for 1 1/2 years because he doesn't love her
> There is a chapter titled "This time for sure" where they got really intimate and Haruto made sure it will work this time. Thanks for Seo's marvelous writing, it was no longer relevant.
> They were going on a trip with Haruto's hard earned money for Asuka sake before Eba came... and so forth. There are many instances that implied that he really love Asuka, then Eba happened.

-Quasar said:
He didn't date her because he loved her. He dated her because he thought she was cute and thought he might want to date her. (She rather forced the issue by saying she didn't want to be around him anymore.) Granted, I'm sure his feelings grew for her while they were dating, and he obviously cares a
lot for her, but that doesn't mean he loves her.

>Read post before this.

JadedLover said:
So if he keeps dating her because his friends want him to, while being in love with someone else (who he [knows he loves), it will be out of pity and guilt. Same thing.

Eh no, Kazama's case is different. That one is out of guilt and pity, He dated Asuka voluntarily and willingly. Also, you just don't cut off your girlfriend without talking it out first. It's called selfishness and disregarding your partners feelings even though you already like someone.

JadedLover said:
So like I said, call him an ass, jerk or whatever adjective you want, get over it, and support his being with the person he wants to be with. Otherwise, if they really mean to end a lifelong friendship over this, then they are shitty friends. Which, once again, was the start of all of this.

>Read previous posts about his friends and me getting over this.

JadedLover said:
You have your opinion, I have mine. We just don't agree.

Still deserves it.
Jul 1, 2011 10:45 PM

Jan 2010
so much drama that i cant handle anymore

like those Korean shits
Jul 2, 2011 2:19 AM

Jul 2009
I just LOVE KnIM's thread...
Jul 2, 2011 5:26 AM

Jul 2010
I like!
+1 to this chapter
Jul 2, 2011 5:59 AM

Feb 2009
Laevantein said:
I just LOVE KnIM's thread...
+1
Jul 2, 2011 12:10 PM

Jan 2009
-Quasar said:
Yes, you stated it three times and you said you're okay with it and you said he wasn't stupid. Ooohkay.

Never have I said I'm okay with it. I have emphatically asserted multiple times that it was shitty. How you read that as me being okay with it is beyond me. What I am okay with, is the overall ending of their relationship. Two entirely separate issues.
-Quasar said:
Do you honestly believe they will not talk to him anymore?

Of course not. (But it would make things more interesting.) But like I said, for them to jump in the middle and issue ultimatums like that is childish. It's not for them to decide who he dates. It's his choice.
-Quasar said:
Long story short: He loves likes Asuka but he likes loves Eba more.

Fixed.
-Quasar said:
I did say they overreacted right? Plus, they will accept it. It's not hoping it's the clicheness and predictability of this manga. Do you want to bet on it?

Nope. You said "might" which implies possibility. I said they were over-reacting and childish. I'll pass on the bet since in all honesty I think they'll accept it as well. If not, they are shitty friends.
-Quasar said:
lol butthurt? I ain't even mad, I actually stopped caring but I like arguing. They are also Eba's friends alright but they spent more time with Asuka than Eba ever did and they know what Eba did to Haruto.

Yeah, butt hurt. I would have never guessed you like arguing. And you can arguably say that the amount of time they spent with Eba was greater. She lived with Haruto, whose house they spent a great deal of time at, went to school with them from morning till afternoon etc. College classes are shorter, and it never implies them having any classes with Asuka. Plus she's in baseball which it says takes up a lot of her time.
-Qausar said:
Haha you've got to be kidding me. Do I have to really spell it out for you?

> No one dates a girl for 1 1/2 years because he doesn't love her
> There is a chapter titled "This time for sure" where they got really intimate and Haruto made sure it will work this time. Thanks for Seo's marvelous writing, it was no longer relevant.
> They were going on a trip with Haruto's hard earned money for Asuka sake before Eba came... and so forth. There are many instances that implied that he really love Asuka, then Eba happened.

No, that's not necessary, but I'd be happy to spell it out for you.
>You must be awful young and naive to think that people can't date without being in love. You don't date someone because you love them. Love either develops, or doesn't, while dating.
>The chapter titled "This Time For Sure" is when they made the decision to date. So no, Haruto didn't get lucky.
>On the trip they were suppose to have sex for the first time, which everyone, except you, now knows because of the class notes.
>According to Haruto himself, he only thinks he loves Asuka, he knows he loves Eba. You can't get any more specific than that.
-Quasar said:
Eh no, Kazama's case is different. That one is out of guilt and pity, He dated Asuka voluntarily and willingly.

Sure he dated her willingly. I've never denied that, however, if he continues to date her due to his friends issuing ultimatums, it will be out of guilt and pity, not his choice. Same thing.
-Quasar said:
Still deserves it.

Still your opinion.

Jul 2, 2011 7:20 PM

Jun 2009
JadedLover said:
Never have I said I'm okay with it. I have emphatically asserted multiple times that it was shitty. How you read that as me being okay with it is beyond me. What I am okay with, is the overall ending of their relationship. Two entirely separate issues.

The end doesn't justify the means. The ending will never be good because he did it a selfish dick and douchebag way.

JadedLover said:
-Quasar said:
Long story short: He loves likes Asuka but he likes loves Eba more.

Fixed.

Okay, let me rephrase that. He loves Asuka but he loves Eba more.

JadedLover said:
Yeah, butt hurt. I would have never guessed you like arguing. And you can arguably say that the amount of time they spent with Eba was greater. She lived with Haruto, whose house they spent a great deal of time at, went to school with them from morning till afternoon etc. College classes are shorter, and it never implies them having any classes with Asuka. Plus she's in baseball which it says takes up a lot of her time.

Eh no, Eba is just there for one Term if I recall and she goes back to Tokyo after that. While Asuka was there in them in college, back in town for vacation. Plus, as I said before. They know how awfully she ended his relationship with Haruto while Asuka has been loyal and trusting on their whole relationship.

JadedLover said:
-snip-

lol it's not naivety you're just that dense if you didn't realize that if it wasn't for Eba, they would have life happily ever after.

JadedLover said:
Sure he dated her willingly. I've never denied that, however, if he continues to date her due to his friends issuing ultimatums, it will be out of guilt and pity, not his choice. Same thing.

Let me put it this simple, Haruto and Asuka liked each other, Kazama and Eba was a one-sided affair. Not. The. Same. Thing.

A lot of Shoujo manga involves a love triangle where the main girl loves both but in the end like the other person more, that is the case in this.
Jul 3, 2011 12:14 PM

Jan 2009
-Quasar said:
The end doesn't justify the means.

Never have I argued that it did.
-Quasar said:
Okay, let me rephrase that. He loves Asuka but he loves Eba more. The fact that Haruto only thinks he loves Asuka, while knowing he loves Eba doesn't matter since I know his feelings better than he does.

Fixed again.
-Quasar said:
Eh no, Eba is just there for one Term if I recall and she goes back to Tokyo after that. While Asuka was there in them in college, back in town for vacation. Plus, as I said before. They know how awfully she ended his relationship with Haruto While "everyone understands that's why there isn't a single idiot who still hates or blames you (Eba) for it" I'm still going to keep bringing this up, while Asuka has been loyal and trusting on their whole relationship.

Your memory is as wrong about this as it was about the chapter. She got there in early spring while the cherry blossoms were blooming, and left in winter when Haruto showed her the ice flower. That would put it around 8-9 months I'd say. So 6-7 hours of school everyday, plus tennis club if I recall correctly, along with everything else previously mentioned > 3 hours of college courses everyday, assuming they have all their classes together and Asuka shows up (they had a discussion which included her lack of showing up) plus any out of school activities.
-Quasar said:
lol it's not naivety you're just that dense if you didn't realize that if it wasn't for Eba, they would have life happily ever after.

If you really believe that, I'll throw ignorant into the list of adjectives we're tossing out. I'd suggest you do some research. The statistical average of people dating in high school that go on to get married is low in itself. Throw in the "happily ever after" and the average drops down to < 2%. Granted, this is a work of pure fiction negating the the need for any real life fact, however, as long as we are going to interpret this based on the probability of real life emotion, you can't ignore real life fact. Not to mention this is a drama, and happily ever after is for fairy tales and shojos.
-Quasar said:
Let me put it this simple, Haruto and Asuka liked each other, Kazama and Eba was a one-sided affair. Not. The. Same. Thing.

I'll make this as simple as I can. Haruto and Asuka's relationship is now over. The reason he dated her prior to now is irrelevant. What is relevant is the here and now. Should he start to date her now, because he caves in to the peer pressure of the ultimatum issued by his friends and not by his own choice (since he chose to be with Eba), while being in love with, and wanting to date and be with someone else, it would be out of guilt and pity, not by his choice. Guilt because he feels bad over the shitty way he treated her (at least he should), and pity because he feels sorry for the miserable way she is feeling right now (and once again, at least he should). Guilt + pity = Guilt + pity. Same thing.
-Quasar said:
The ending will never be good because he did it a selfish dick and douchebag way.

And you think this ending would work out better? The only thing that would happen here is Haruto would resent both his friends and Asuka for keeping him from being with the person he's in love with. How do you think Asuka would feel knowing she isn't the person he chose to be with? Nothing good would come of his going out with her now.
-Quasar said:
A lot of Shoujo manga involves a love triangle where the main girl loves both but in the end like the other person more, that is the case in this.

This is irrelevant. KnIM isn't a shojo.
JadedLoverJul 3, 2011 12:22 PM

Jul 3, 2011 11:03 PM

Jul 2010
FINALLY, a GOOD chapter. Fucking took forever to get here.
Although when they break up this time, he's really going to be screwed with no friends.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 4, 2011 7:54 AM

Sep 2010
Same idea as Rudgald. But I love the Haruto+Eba couple then.
A bit poor with the story then
Jul 4, 2011 10:30 AM

Mar 2011
So much hate in this topic lol.

Good chapter though. Expected Eba to start trolling him but oh well...maybe its not too late =)
Jul 5, 2011 8:07 AM

Jun 2009
JadedLover said:
Your memory is as wrong about this as it was about the chapter. She got there in early spring while the cherry blossoms were blooming, and left in winter when Haruto showed her the ice flower. That would put it around 8-9 months I'd say. So 6-7 hours of school everyday, plus tennis club if I recall correctly, along with everything else previously mentioned > 3 hours of college courses everyday, assuming they have all their classes together and Asuka shows up (they had a discussion which included her lack of showing up) plus any out of school activities.

and yet again you disregarded how she ended her relationship with Haruto and how they know how loyal and sincere Asuka had been. Nevermind.

JadedLover said:
If you really believe that, I'll throw ignorant into the list of adjectives we're tossing out. I'd suggest you do some research. The statistical average of people dating in high school that go on to get married is low in itself. Throw in the "happily ever after" and the average drops down to < 2%. Granted, this is a work of pure fiction negating the the need for any real life fact, however, as long as we are going to interpret this based on the probability of real life emotion, you can't ignore real life fact. Not to mention this is a drama, and happily ever after is for fairy tales and shojos.

Emotions should only be relevant in this discussion. Those statistics is irrelevant in manga.

Ah, and also, what I meant of "they live happily ever after" is "Having a good ending with them ending up each other and the rest is history. End." Don't take too much context out of it.

JadedLover said:
I'll make this as simple as I can. Haruto and Asuka's relationship is now over. The reason he dated her prior to now is irrelevant. What is relevant is the here and now. Should he start to date her now, because he caves in to the peer pressure of the ultimatum issued by his friends and not by his own choice (since he chose to be with Eba), while being in love with, and wanting to date and be with someone else, it would be out of guilt and pity, not by his choice. Guilt because he feels bad over the shitty way he treated her (at least he should), and pity because he feels sorry for the miserable way she is feeling right now (and once again, at least he should). Guilt + pity = Guilt + pity. Same thing.

You said Haruto didn't love her when they dated (before Eba came). I said he did. End of story.

JadedLover said:
And you think this ending would work out better? The only thing that would happen here is Haruto would resent both his friends and Asuka for keeping him from being with the person he's in love with. How do you think Asuka would feel knowing she isn't the person he chose to be with? Nothing good would come of his going out with her now.

*sigh* I'm saying that he doesn't have to be with her if really doesn't love her. I said, he should have at least talk this through Asuka, give her some time to think about it, do some explaining and consider her feelings just a bit. All Haruto was cut off their relationship abruptly.

JadedLover said:
This is irrelevant. KnIM isn't a shojo.

Yes but same situation. Love triangle bs.
Jul 6, 2011 7:49 AM
Mar 2009
Well, the two biggest assholes of the manga decided to band together forever! D'aww!

He should understand perfectly why everyone is so pissed off. He can't be THAT oblivious right?
Jul 6, 2011 10:21 AM
Jul 2011
Hahaha to all you people who love this, I wonder what would you do if something similar happened to you. Would you still smile and say its nice?? Food for thought...
Jul 7, 2011 12:44 PM

Jan 2009
-Quasar said:
and yet again you disregarded how she ended her relationship with Haruto and how they know how loyal and sincere Asuka had been. Nevermind.

Actually I didn't disregard it. In fact, I addressed the issue with a quote from the manga. The people who disregarded it as irrelevant are the characters themselves. My feelings, and whether I would hold a grudge against her or not, are irrelevant. It's the characters thoughts that matter.
-Quasar said:
Emotions should only be relevant in this discussion. Those statistics is irrelevant in manga. Ah, and also, what I meant of "they live happily ever after" is "Having a good ending with them ending up each other and the rest is history. End." Don't take too much context out of it.

Haruto and Asuka broke up because of his feelings for Eba. That action was a direct result of his emotions. Since those statistics are from actions that are a direct result of emotions, that makes them relevant.
Once again, this isn't a shojo or a fairy tale. Happily ever after doesn't exist. Something/somebody would have come along and broken them up. That's the drama part of the genre of this manga.
-Quasar said:
You said Haruto didn't love her when they dated (before Eba came). I said he did. End of story.

What I said was that if Haruto continued to date her now it would be out of guilt and pity. Same reasons Eba dated Kazama. You said it wasn't the same. /story
-Quasar said:
*sigh* I'm saying that he doesn't have to be with her if really doesn't love her. I said, he should have at least talk this through Asuka, give her some time to think about it, do some explaining and consider her feelings just a bit. All Haruto was cut off their relationship abruptly.

I think we established several posts ago that what Haruto did was shitty. And once again, never have I argued that it wasn't.
-Quasar said:
Yes but same situation. Love triangle bs.

Still irrelevant.
Feel free to respond again if you want, but I doubt that I will answer. While arguing with you was entertaining for a while, I'm honestly getting bored of it. :)

Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »

More topics from this board

» Is there a better english translation of this manga?

Reshiram_IX - Apr 17

2 by Cristobal2325 »»
Apr 17, 5:49 PM

Poll: » Kimi no Iru Machi Chapter 132 Discussion

belarion - Apr 21, 2011

22 by Mohan_Raj3 »»
Mar 19, 11:12 AM

Poll: » Kimi no Iru Machi Chapter 140 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

TechDragon - Jun 21, 2011

113 by uruna117 »»
Jan 20, 9:09 PM

Poll: » Kimi no Iru Machi Chapter 261 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

niaxato - Feb 7, 2014

298 by Miskatonic81 »»
Dec 29, 2023 10:18 PM

Poll: » Kimi no Iru Machi Chapter 259 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

outkastfox - Jan 26, 2014

1089 by DarkHumor04 »»
May 28, 2023 4:09 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.