Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]
Jun 27, 2011 12:40 PM

Jul 2009
Now...this series requires a second season!!! there should be a kiss scene already!!!! but the last episode was fantastic, it proved that it was the right chose when I satrted watching this!! the forehead kiss was so cute O.o now I want one too!!!
Jun 27, 2011 1:22 PM

Jul 2008
With the showing of the correct mark for her to get her wings at the end of the show, I find it hard to believe they wouldn't make a second season for this. Unless the show didn't sell well enough for them to profit off of and it turned out to be more of a "just so you know it does end up happening" kind of thing.

I overall liked the ending. A kiss would have made it all the better though.

The show itself was a lot better than I thought it was going to be. My favorite character has to be either Asuha or the prince. I was saddened the prince only had a even slightly major role in two episodes. I hope to see more of him in the second season.
Jun 27, 2011 2:50 PM

Feb 2010
bleh don't like the ending, bug bite real good..
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jun 27, 2011 4:57 PM

Apr 2010
This totally opened up for a season 2. Good series. 7/10. Would had been a 6 if Rie was not in it.
Jun 27, 2011 5:22 PM

Aug 2010
It was alright, I think the queen was a better character than Lotte though.
Jun 27, 2011 6:06 PM

Jun 2011
To be honest, I preferred the atmosphere of the first few episodes...sure as heck wasn't expecting Naoya and Lotte to get together, especially since he had a child with her mother O_o I would have really preferred for him to remain a paternal figure to Lotte, and gotten together with the queen (I really liked the episode they reunited in), but pairings never seem to go my way :\

The one thing I liked about this episode was that lulz moment with the mosquito sucking Lotte's blood xD

The ending was also kinda disappointing...no heartwrenching moments, and all they really did in the last episode was confirm there to be a relationship between Lotte and Naoya, when they could've figured out a better way to end the series.

Overall, liked the first few episodes, but kinda dropped off as Naoya was confirmed to be a pedophile. But it could've been worse...7/10.
GenomaxJun 27, 2011 6:12 PM
'I met many people. We were separated. And then reunited. This tune contains all those feelings.'
- Nanaka Yatsushiro, Myself;Yourself, Episode 13
Jun 27, 2011 6:19 PM

Jun 2008
Genomax said:
but kinda dropped off as Naoya was confirmed to be a pedophile.

Is it pedophilia if she's not human?

:coolface:

Jun 27, 2011 6:44 PM

Jul 2009
So sad that the dude didn't end up with the queen T-T.
Gave this a 7/10 just cuz the queen didn't get naoya.
So if Lotte gets Naoya, and Asuha is also the daughter of the Queen , then what O_o?
you continue this......
Jun 27, 2011 10:45 PM

Oct 2010
little_raven said:
Genomax said:
but kinda dropped off as Naoya was confirmed to be a pedophile.

Is it pedophilia if she's not human?

:coolface:
Technically when was pedophilia ever in hell or a remote world applied? There was none ever. Only earth and the human world have those laws. Should Naoya bring Astarotte to the human realm then he shall get arrested but highly not likely if they find out she is not a human. Then again there may be complications. That's my IMO.

- BLOG - My Club- Easiest way to reach the rest of my thoughts!
Jun 27, 2011 11:34 PM

Jan 2011
Its not even the age that makes it feel wrong for me, its the way everyone is related. Its bad enough that you are "in love" with your baby mother's OTHER daughter, your DAUGHTER'S younger sister....but then you don't even TELL her that you had sex with her mother and the father of her older sister?

This was just a morally wrong ending imo....

As for Naoya being a Pedo, Lotte's not Human, but HE is. He should know better that ANYTHINHG that looks like a child should be off limits. And she's humanoid, so that makes it even worst.

It would ease the ick if he waits for her to grow up, but the fact he's fucking his daughter's sister is too much for me to accept this relationship.
Jun 28, 2011 2:42 AM

Oct 2010
So in the end, the young looking 23ish Naoya fell in love with his 10 year old niece.. Predictable, and not the prediction I was hoping for. The series was decent overall, but something just feels wrong about the ending to me.

Jun 28, 2011 2:48 AM

Sep 2009
season 2 please ....
Jun 28, 2011 7:47 AM

Oct 2008
...but shouldnt Lotte be like.. kinda related to Naoya or something? Since Asura and Lotte are like sisters from same mother.. and Asura is the queen and Naoya's daughter?

ARGH IM GETTING MYSELF CONFUSED. ;______;
Life is really simple, but we insist on making it complicated.~
Jun 28, 2011 8:24 AM
Jun 2008
I don't think i will be expecting a mouth to mouth kiss in this kind of Anime,even thou there is a 2nd,or 3rd season.
. I personal think that this is one of my favorite Anime of this season(second is hoken taiiku).Since Kugimiya's Anime is a bit annoying to watch yet I don't felt vexed after watching this one .thumb up for loli tsundere kugimiya ,expecting more greater Anime for her =)
Jun 28, 2011 11:59 PM

Mar 2011
not really a fan of the naoyaxastarotte pairing... but i feel that the anime is unsettled with astarotte not knowing that asuha is her half-sister!!!
Jun 29, 2011 12:41 AM
Mar 2010
Naoya loves his daughter's half-sister. Lovely.
Jun 29, 2011 12:07 PM

Feb 2010
I love it. Such an enjoyable anime, and not only for the eyes. 8/10

I demand a 2nd season!
Jun 29, 2011 1:01 PM

Jan 2010
( ̄ー ̄)
I was expecting ending like this:

+10 -Father-Relationship ⊂( ゚ヮ゚)⊃
+ 8 -Naoya and Queen get together. I want them together ◕ ◡ ◕ (They hardly get any screen time together in the whole series)
-5 -Naoya becomes a pedophile. ٩(๏_๏)۶

I'm like ಠ_ಠ
Is Naoya really 23? He freaking look 15. ಠ_ಠ
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jun 29, 2011 7:27 PM

Aug 2010
I enjoyed the show overall, and I loved the OST.

7.5/10
Jun 30, 2011 6:41 AM

Feb 2010
Sometimes I wonder why I watch animes like these.
Oh well, anyways, I couldn't stop laughing when they revealed that it was a bug bite
and when they demonstrated it...man...I couldn't even breathe because I was laughing so hard.

I really wanted to see Lotte grow up, but in the end...it turned out as I had expected.
Nothing really surprising, no perk..no...secret. I don't know, I just really like surprising endings that are really out there.
This series was definitely amusing to watch and I hope they create a second season.
Jun 30, 2011 1:14 PM

Oct 2009
Matheine said:
Is Naoya really 23? He freaking look 15. ಠ_ಠ
Yes, he is. You only just noticed that?
The age and the appearance of the characters don't have to match up, that tends to happen a lot in anime. :)
Jun 30, 2011 6:03 PM

Apr 2008
Was about to say it was an anticlimatic final, but it ended pretty nice xD

Scored it 9/10 becaus of all the great lolicon fanservice XD

Jul 1, 2011 5:43 AM

Apr 2009
So uh, where's my season 2? I require moar loli.
Jul 2, 2011 3:22 PM

Jun 2007
Okay ending i guess. Though i just find the pairing naoya and lotte to be so damn wrong, so that definitely makes the ending kinda bad from my perspective.

If they make a sequel they should just say "screw the lotte (and naoya too), let's make a series about Mercelida!" and it'd probably much better. :D Or maybe a prequel about Mercelida? Something about her at least since she was the best character in the series, but sadly that will probably never happen.

Though if they make a sequel where lotte has grown somewhat older and more like a real succubus, they should change the voice actor since i don't thinke Rie would fit. :D Or at least drop the tsundere style part and make her a tacos freak like Rie's role Yuuki in saki. :P

Oh well, at least Mercelida was enough to make this series somewhat worthwhile to me, and hopefully she'll do the same to any sequel they might make.
Jul 3, 2011 4:31 AM
Feb 2009
heck, i actually shed a tear when lotte said "am i smiling?"

overall a very relaxing anime 8/10
oblivious is a bliss
Jul 3, 2011 8:36 AM

Aug 2010
All I can say is wow. I was not expecting this...I watched the series for the sole reason of Kugimiya Rie, despite the synopsis. I'm glad I gave it a chance, I got a lot more than I expected. I only wish that they had left out all the sexual aspects, and this could have been a heartwarming family show. I still enjoyed it, and when the ED started playing with the ceremony scene I admit I got a bit of blurry vision...A bonus point for not pointing out that Lotte actually had the correct mark at the end, it was nice to spot it on my own. 5/5 for the ending and a 7/10 for the series overall.
Jul 3, 2011 8:47 AM

Apr 2011
This was pretty good compared to some other spring 2011 series.

9/10
Jul 7, 2011 5:58 PM

Aug 2009
i hope Rotte and Asuha's dad become lovers, but oh well. i wish it happens in OVA next :)

Good anime 7/10
Jul 9, 2011 8:32 PM

May 2009
I don't really like the idea of Naoya and Lotte having a romantic realtionship, bt oh well. It's not like there will be a sequel or anything.

Oh, and did anyone else notice that Lotte had the real mark at the end?
Jul 10, 2011 6:29 PM

Sep 2010
viral_hun said:
I don't really like the idea of Naoya and Lotte having a romantic realtionship

Quite right. I mean. A 23 year old guy falling for a 10 year old, who is the half sister of his own daughter. That's pretty wrong if you ask me. I'd rather have him reunite with Lotte's mother, though that's kind of a slut, but she's still the mother of his daughter. But if you put all that aside, it was a pretty enjoyable anime.

7/10

We can't change the world with Anime...

…but we'll try

Vote for your favorite K-ON songs here
Jul 23, 2011 12:03 PM
Observer

Nov 2007
Tenchi_Ryu said:
Its not even the age that makes it feel wrong for me, its the way everyone is related. Its bad enough that you are "in love" with your baby mother's OTHER daughter, your DAUGHTER'S younger sister....but then you don't even TELL her that you had sex with her mother and the father of her older sister?

One: it is hinted that Naoya never had sex with Lotte's mother. Asuha was mysteriously conceived. Her birth and everything related to her is quite shrouded in mystery.
Two: Lotte and Naoya are not blood-realted, there are no incest issues.
Three: We are talking about succubus, demons of lust. There is absolutely nothing wrong here except in people's head (misconceptions).
bla bla bla
The endless debate between fans and haters. At one point, after spending a lot of time on MAL, you just realize it's totally pointless.
Niko-kun said:
On MAL, everyone who has used the lame rating system becomes a critic and an intellectual by default, haven't you heard?
Jul 26, 2011 5:27 PM

Jun 2009
wakka9ca said:
Tenchi_Ryu said:

One: it is hinted that Naoya never had sex with Lotte's mother. Asuha was mysteriously conceived. Her birth and everything related to her is quite shrouded in mystery.
Three: We are talking about succubus, demons of lust. There is absolutely nothing wrong here except in people's head (misconceptions).
wakka9ca said:
Tenchi_Ryu said:

1.Can you tell me what episode it hinted that Naoya never had sex w/ the queen ? also, what about the flashback where they are both naked, kissing,holding each others hand . ( episode 5)

2. It is true that they are not blood related . still ,, you can't deny that it feels wrong having a relationship with the HALF SISTER of your daughter . lol
Aug 5, 2011 4:50 AM

Apr 2009
Good, happy end, with room for a season 2. I was wondering, however, how the farewell date came to happen when they supposedly cannot hear each other, along with Asuha's heartwarming conversation with her mother the Queen.

I have mixed feelings with Naoya x Lotte, though. I would have wanted her to keep seeing him as a father figure and not as a lover. I was also disappointed that Lotte never knew her best friend, nay, BFF Asuha was really her (half)sister. It would have made for an interesting development, but I guess there was no more time to properly explore and develop it.

Anyway, it was a nice, fun ride and was pleasantly less ecchi than first expected. A season two is definitely welcome for a show as pleasant as this.

LOL @ denials claiming Naoya isn't Asuha's biological father.
Aug 8, 2011 12:57 PM
Jun 2011
I'm not an expert with family relations, so correct me if I'm wrong...
Biologically, Asuha and Lotte both have the same mother, thus have part of her blood but none of Naoya's (talking about Lotte here)... Thus it's not incest in any way, though it is a little disturbing when you really think about it. First off, the age difference (Naoya being 23 and Lotte being 10) is quite awkward, but I guess the fact that Lotte being a succubus forcefully balances that factor. However, morally speaking, with Asuha and Lotte being half-sisters makes it kind of wrong, in a way... Just my seven cents.

Back to the actual episode discussion... The last two episodes felt really rushed in that we don't see a whole lot of emotional development (compared to other anime of similar genre)...

There's no room for a sequel for the first ~15 minutes of the last episode as everything was resolved with no open ends. Then VERY suddenly, the portal built by Ini comes in and all of a sudden a season 2 becomes probable.
Aug 13, 2011 10:27 AM

Aug 2011
Ive just finished watching Astarotte no Omocha and i didnt think it was too bad tbh , is there a second season out or coming out ? also i would much prefer if the Queen and Naoya got together then told Asuha and Lotte they where sisters and all lived together as a family that would have been the ending for me !!
Aug 30, 2011 12:34 PM

Mar 2011
Epiosde was okay in my mind. It felt a little hanging how they resolve the world tree magic, send Naoya and Asuha to the human world, but then invent a device (ini is a character I want to see more of, she's so ace, loved her laugh over the phone!) to bring them back. I feel that should have happened last epiosde, or rather, that there's a hidden epiosde 13 I'm not aware of!

Well, overall, I really liked the series. After a little uncomfortability in the forst episode or two, I was really hooked with this show. Odd that I found Lotte a little distasteful but Asuha and Ini are totaly adorable (and those DFC's man, ooooh). Well, I think it was just Lotts outfit! Weird, but it's the only thing I can put mu finger on!

I hope there's a asecond series, if only to give that next episode I felt should have been there!
Sep 2, 2011 6:32 AM

Sep 2010
It sounded as if everyone could understand each other even though they couldn't hear anything, ah, whatever.
Anyway, has anybody noticed that at the very last scene Lotte has got her 'adulthood mark'?
Sep 6, 2011 11:51 PM

Jan 2011
I AM DISAPPOINT.
like most of you i would've prefered Naoya with Meru. imagine how awkward it would be when they attend a parent meeting.
What would Lotte's child call Naoya, "this is my dad/grandpa" ......respond to that.

i would probably wont want a second season, seeing there's nothing more to do with the series. Unless they make alternate setting sequel where Meru and Naoya get together.

although i am a loli fan, Lotte is definitely not one of my favorite. heck i didn't like her at all. the only loli-ish tsundere i like is Shana (pretty sure everyone agrees on that). as for loli of the series she still ranks bottom. the bunny sage would be my top pick for loli in the series.

i'm pretty sure u loli fans weren't expecting the cow demon = = "shiver"
wakka9ca said:
Tenchi_Ryu said:

one: i was hinted that Naoya did indeed engage in shota sex. [ban loli but not shota: WTF]
two: incest often applies even when there aren't blood relations (step siblings)
three: there is everything wrong here, not to the succubus but to the human.your currently implying that there is absolutely nothing wrong with doing your daughter's half-sister.
,then again these things never matter when it comes to h-manga or doujins

p.s. Asuha should be able to open the world tree by will. she does have succubus blood in her as well as some magic she absorbed while being the the monster realm. noting this fact, shouldn't she die due the the loss of magical power by being out of the monster realm. well unless she has a sexual relationship with her ......oh...ah....ew.......nvm.
Hide behind the mighty wall of internet, i shall
Sep 22, 2011 1:15 PM

Jul 2010
it was an ok anime, dont really want a second season that badly, this anime was very weird.
anyway i guess it was an ok ending... should have went with the queen though.

Oct 11, 2011 8:43 AM

Jul 2009
They sure have some weird bugbites .

Tied to a llama and sent off is a rather interesting punishment.

Inventing a 'tree-phone' with magic trees & a cell phone, not too bad.

All in all, pretty good anime & ending. 2nd season possible, but only time will tell.
'Everything is impossible until proven possible.' - Me

Oct 12, 2011 4:39 AM
Dec 2010
It was nice warm series, just the end was not right. I would prefer them to be one big family rather then 23 yrs old father going out with 10 yrs old sister of his own daughter, that's soo wrong! That was propably ment for the lolicon audience, "skata na e"

In the end i gave it 8/10 anyway because it was overall well done. I was looking for romance, ended up wanting to see characters as on big family and afterall i got this compromise.
( Currently interested in OP MC genre. Recommendations are welcomed, preferable those yet not on my list )
Oct 12, 2011 4:49 AM
Dec 2010

g0ng0n16 said:
wakka9ca said:
Tenchi_Ryu said:

wakka9ca said:
Tenchi_Ryu said:

1.Can you tell me what episode it hinted that Naoya never had sex w/ the queen ? also, what about the flashback where they are both naked, kissing,holding each others hand . ( episode 5)

2. It is true that they are not blood related . still ,, you can't deny that it feels wrong having a relationship with the HALF SISTER of your daughter . lol

Agreed , it's totaly wrong end.. it should have been :mommy+dady+2 dauthers ending.
( Currently interested in OP MC genre. Recommendations are welcomed, preferable those yet not on my list )
Nov 7, 2011 2:24 PM

Jun 2008
Lolicon anime is VERY lolicon...

This anime had it's moments but overall it's really not my cup of tea.

I prefer Lotte's mom over any of the girls that showed up in this anime.

Also, I felt the "plot" wasn't very entertaining or good for that matter....

5/10....this just isn't my type of anime.
Nov 11, 2011 10:07 PM

Sep 2011
A Season 2 seems very possible, and I hope there will be!
If any of you have watched the OVA, at the end it said "To be Continued..."
There's still hope for a Season 2..!
Nov 13, 2011 10:16 PM

Jul 2008
edmond321 said:
A Season 2 seems very possible, and I hope there will be!
If any of you have watched the OVA, at the end it said "To be Continued..."
There's still hope for a Season 2..!

I don't think so. The anime sold terribly.
Nov 16, 2011 1:24 PM

Aug 2011
cute series giving it a 7/10 would be higher but the age difference was a little creepy. i also notice near the end that Lotte had gotten the wing marks so i guess she can fly now.
ah i love happy endings :D
Potatoboy27Jan 29, 2013 8:55 AM
Dec 27, 2011 9:37 PM

Oct 2011
Heh I can watch any type of anime and this was a pleasing one, despite being... directed at a weird type of audience.
Jan 26, 2012 3:05 PM

Dec 2009
Cute endiing. <3 Too bad they didn't kiss. At least Lotte's mark has appeared.

9/10
Feb 5, 2012 5:34 PM

Oct 2011
once again i have to say this show is very underrated, or just plain overlooked - really great last episode - left me feeling very happy and wishing there could be a season two...
Apr 21, 2012 8:37 PM
Nov 2011
Well I watched it. The write up in the description of the show is wrong, the reviews were right on that, but I'm sorry this show just had some bad writing in it. It should have either ended with them separated or never have been separated. Terrible way to end a show. And the morality of a ten year old and a 23 year old I'm not going to touch. It really didn't matter because these characters didn't feel like the age they were on paper, that's also bad execution if you ask me.

The worst part? I kept watching this and getting vibes of, man this feels a bit like Hayate no Gotoku, and yet it fails to even achieve in the comedy part there. So I'm left to conclude the only point of this was the Ecchi parts, and even they IMO weren't all that great.

I gave it a three out of ten.
Be thankful for those you have near who are dear
For time is not always kind to those who would be on your mind
Seize the day, some exclaim, but that which is past, no more shall have its day.
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Astarotte no Omocha! Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Yuki457 - Apr 10, 2011

123 by CocoaGalaxy »»
Jan 30, 9:24 AM

Poll: » Astarotte no Omocha! Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 )

ROOMA4HELL - Jun 19, 2011

64 by Archean-Return »»
Nov 24, 2023 4:35 AM

Poll: » Astarotte no Omocha! Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Zexu - Jun 12, 2011

51 by Archean-Return »»
Nov 24, 2023 3:56 AM

Poll: » Astarotte no Omocha! Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Zexu - Jun 5, 2011

74 by Archean-Return »»
Nov 24, 2023 3:28 AM

Poll: » Astarotte no Omocha! Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Zexu - May 29, 2011

77 by Archean-Return »»
Nov 24, 2023 2:27 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.